• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nathan smiled, kissing Alnas forehead. "For now, all we can do is hope this passes soon." he replied, gently running a hand through Alnas silky hair.

Serena chuckled at Mordens words, kissing him on the lips this time! "Trust me, I.don't mind." She said honestly. Suddenly, Serena saw Caden pick Laurana up...with no warning or anything! She tensed, more concerned for Laurana than anything. Before she could even berate Caden...he was gone, Laurana with him.

Laurana felt so deeply tired, that she had no idea she was being taken by Caden back to their home. When she finally did,.it was nearly dark. She opened her eyes, and stared at Caden..."okay...your turn." She said, knowing he had a lot of words built up.

Alna smiled, "It will, and before much time passes," she said, "I have seen it and so...it will happen." She traced a fingertip along his lips, "Are you hungry?" she asked, "I fed the whole clan today but I do not know if you ate?" Her own stomach chose that moment to remind her that she had not fed herself either. "And I must have forgotten to feed myself as well...."

Morden was surprised by the soft kiss but before he could do anything. Caden came through and back out again. he watched his retreating back and then turned back to Serena, "Well..." He said and then lifted his hand to her cheek, "Since you don't mind...and since we are now alone..." he leaned closer and kissed her tenderly. He meant to just give her a soft sweet kiss but it was hard to keep it that way. He wanted to taste deeply, but he forced himself to pull away before he did something he could never take back. He rested his forehead against hers, trying to catch his breath and still his need for more.

Caden went back to their home and sat in the comfortable chair by the fire and cradled her gently in his arms, waiting for her to wake up. He was not going to wake her up, because he figured she needed to rest. When she did wake up he nodded, "I am fine," he said, "Are you?"

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
"Hm..I could eat...and you certainly should as well." Nathan said, scurrying to reheat that amazing stew Alna had made. Once it was warm enough, Nate got both of them bowls to eat it from, as well as warm bagels to dunk. He placed Alnas food in front of her first, before he ate his own. No starving Seers allowed here! He thought. He also checked on Niald, waking him only long enough to get him to eat a little of the stew as well as drink warm tea, before letting him go back to sleep. The kids temperature had lowered so much it was nearly gone.

Serena felt Mordens kiss deepen. She probably tasted sweet, like vanilla and warm sugar. But he had a good taste as well...a spice she couldn't name, and mint.... She hesitated, feeling strange...being in Mordens arms felt more right than she could understand...Robert would have wanted her to move on...to wear brighter colors. To be happy again....

Laurana thought a moment. She felt sore. Bruised and aching and as if she could sleep for months, though she knew that was depression talking. "I'm alright...Caden...just relieved you're back. And not screaming. Or punching things." She told him. She held his hands, checking for cuts or scratches.

Alna smiled as she heard him moving around the kitchen heating up the food. She heard him leave to check on Niald she assumed and then return. She'd waited for him, so they could eat together. "Thank you," she said, "You always put everything the same way every time. It makes things so much easier for me. I means more than you can know." She smiled and then ate her food. "How is Niald doing?' she asked.

Morden kissed her once more and then put a little distance between them and smiled, "Well..um..yes..." He said dragging his hand behind his neck and then motioning for the door, "Should we go get Niald?" he asked, "Can..well would you mind...if I called on you?" he asked, "And not to check on Niald...to call on you."

Caden saw her looking at his hands and was kicking himself for not healing them on the way back. "I didn't hurt anything." he said honestly, "Well..I made a hold in the ground but there was nothing living under there I promise." He sighed, "I didn't realize how deeply I had tapped into the dark fae...it is not a good place. I will never allow that again. It was difficult to pull back from it, and I did not like being its slave."

Laurana smiled sadly... having forgotten about his dark fae side. She was fairly certain shed triggered it today with her antics today. She hugged and kissed Caden, healing his every injury and even his smallest bruises. She went to his mind then, exploring the vastness of the dark fae side, his anger was still there. But pushed to the side for now. Still, she fell silent, having been in there too long. She was actually in a trance at this point....his mind was one hell of a portal!

Serena smiled at Morden as they went to Sovalnas place to pick up Niald. "You can visit me ans call on me anytime you want to, Morden...that is..when youre not too busy." She added. "and I just remembered why I was outside before The Douglas attacked...I was looking for Myrrh, henbane, and ivy leave...ill just have to grab those in the morning." She said as they arrived at the seers home. As always, Serena knocked very politely, then simply waited, but this time, she held Mordens hand. She hoped Niald was a lot better.

Alna was getting up before they arrived, "Serena and Morden are coming for the boy," she said to Nate, "Would you get him ready for them?" she asked. She was at the door as soon as the knock was heard and opened the door. "hello," she said, "Do come in. Nathan is getting Niald ready. he ate some stew and has been resting."

Morden looked at Sovalna, "You are looking well," he noted and had to attribute that to the care and attention of a certain baker. He held Serena's hand and waited for Nathan to appear with the boy, "Thank you for warning everyone about the cave in," he said, "There would have been a lot of injuries and maybe some deaths, had you not sent Nathan out to round everyone up."

Alna shrugged, "It is my place in the clan. I do what I can." She said in uncharacteristic humility. Nathan was apparently a good influence on her.

Niald felt a hand on his shoulder and his eyes opened. He looked confused but he sat up when asked to. He stood up and felt a little dizzy, so he leaned against the baker as they moved into a room he'd never been in. "Golly Whiz! I'm in the hag's house!" he said and then his eyes got very wide and his hand covered his mouth as he realized she was RIGHT THERE.

Caden felt her probing his mind and he let her. He kept the Dark fae magic closed off with an iron grip, he did not want that to get into her mind at all. Not even a small bit of it. He spoke to her within his mind ~Laurana...I am fine truly. Do not fear. I have trapped the beast and he will stay. Now that I know what the cause of the anger is I can keep it isolated and locked away. The Elf magic is plenty strong enough. I do not need the other. ease yourself....we need to eat. Both of us.~

• Thank You
Serena felt mortified at Niald calling Sovalna a hag! "Niald. You apologize to Sovalna this instant. I never taught you to be rude to our seer. just for that you get no desert for a week. I apologize deeply Sovalna, he must have been hanging around too many older kids." it was usually the preteens that did all that nonsense! She picked Niald up and checked his temperature however, and thanked Sovalna and Nathan profusely for their care of her son. Nathan just chuckled. "He's been no trouble I assure you...didn't wake up once during the cave in or your absence. and of course he means no harm...right Niald?" Nathan added with a wink.

Laurana nodded, pulling away from that dreaded trap, quickly...though she was curious about that side of Caden, she wouldn't pry right now. She knew he was right though and stood slowly, ignoring the dizzy sensation. She definitely hadn't eaten much all day and that was probably why her stomach hurt! "You're sure...you don't need help? Because he is part of you, Caden....just as stubborn idiocy is part of me. Let me know...if things get bad?" She said, hugging him gently.

Alna laughed outright, "I have heard worse, dear Serena," she said honestly, "No need to apologize. I think it's not a bad thing for them to be afraid. Keeps them from doing me harm." She admitted. And it wasn't as if she really did anything to dispel the notions the youngsters had of her.

Niald pouted, "I am sorry Miss Sovalna," he said, "I did not realize you were there." he looked at the baker and shook his head, "I don't say mean things to people's face. not nice."

Morden was trying real hard to to laugh. And almost succeeded. He then put on a stern face, "It's not nice to EVER say mean things Niald," ehs aid, "I'm very sure your mother has taught you that."

Niald shrugged, "I supposed. When Serena picked him up and squirmed, "Moooooom," he frowned, "Put me down," he whispered, "There are men around...I'm not a baby..."

Caden nodded, "I am sure. I took the time I needed to get it under control away from where I could hurt anyone." He heard her say that it was part of him and he sighed, "I am going to talk to Morden about that. If the magic entered me, it can leave me somehow. I am happy with the elvin core magic I have. If you do not mind a king who is no kind of a Fae. I would like it to be gone."

• Love
Serena chuckled herself, gently placing him on his feet, so glad to have him healthy again! She kept a watchful eye on him though. "We'd best be getting back home, Sovalna, Nathan. I thank you again, he's so much better today. Come on Niald, I bet you miss your toys. I know that you're not a baby, but you're just recovering from scarlet fever. I say that earns some pampering." She grinned, knowing her kid was stubborn, and led him back out of the cave, wondering if Morden would follow or if he had things to discuss with Sovalna and Nathan. Back in their home,Serena let Niald run to his chest full of toys while she dusted, vaccumed and cleaned up the place thoroughly. She had dinner on the stove, mac n cheese with hot dogs and fresh, boiled peas. It felt great to have things normal again. She got so busy that she didn't even realize a gash on her leg had opened up. Oh well. Shed tend to it later....

Laurana smiled, going to the kitchen to make pancakes: with jars of nutella spread, fresh strawberry and banana slices, even cool Whip. "You know I dont mind...and if Morden can get rid of it, then great...but not at the risk of your safety or health." she added, sliding Caden a plate of the delicious pancakes as she began eating hers.

Alna nodded, "No problem at all," she said, "He slept the whole time. You can send him any time if he is going to sleep." She grinned. Watching them leave she looked at Morden, "I would ahve a word with you Morden if you will spare me a bit of your time."

Morden watched Serena and Niald leave and was about to follow when Alna asked if he would spare her some time. He was visibly torn in two as to what he wanted to do. He sighed, "I have a bit of time," he said, "What do you need of me?"

Alna sat in her chair and motioned for him to sit as well.

Morden almost groaned. Sitting meant TIME...more than he'd thought to take. But he sat down.

Alna grinned at him, "Oh stop it," she said, "She will be there when you get there." She waved a hand, "I want to tell you something about Caden," she said, "I ran off because he is battling the Dark Fae magic. it almost completely took his this time. He is going to ask you to remove it." she said, "It can be done but I want you to seal it in a crystal ball. I think it may be useful in the future. I can kep it safe here."

Morden narrowed his eyes, "Why would you want it here?' he asked, "What do you plan to do with it?"

Alna waved a hand at him, "Nothing." She said, "At present. But I think it could be used as a weopon ..to defend us."

Morden took a deep breath. I will search out my tomes. If I find such a use, I will trap it and give it you for safe keeping. if not. I will extract it and destroy it."

Caden stood and accepted the plate of food. "This looks good," he said, "Maybe not good for you, but good." He ate his whole plate and slid it back, "Seconds?"

• Love
Nathan busied himself with tidying up Alnas home as she spoke with Morden about trapping the dark fae in that crystal orb. It sounded like a good idea. It might even give Caden a sense of peace.

Laurana just grinned at the not good for you comment."after the day we've all had, sometimes guilty pleasures are small blessings." She said, giving Caden an extra plate. Magically, she cleaned the kitchen area, sitting next to him. She was full now, but not tired yet. She wondered what they should do next...

Alna nodded, "Agreed," she said, "But you will find something," she said as she stood, "No off you go to your lady before you have an aneurysm." She said in a dismissive tone as she made her way to the kitchen. She found Nate by listening to the movements and clanking of pans and clinking of dishes. She put her hand on whatever part she met first. "Thank you.." she said in a totally different tone of voice, "I love having you here." she admitted, "I think you deserve a reward." She pulled at him and smiled a very come hither smile as she backed toward her room.

Morden rolled his eyes and left. He didn't care about her digs, he wanted to see Serena but he wanted to deal with the Caden thing and get it out of the way. But that meant studying his tomes and that would take who knew how long. NO, he'd go to Serena first. He tapped on her door and hoped she was there and didn't mind that he'd come.

Caden smiled and finished his food. He could se she was thinking, "Can we just relax?' he asked, "Just go back over to the fire and sit, and snuggle?""

• Love
Laurana laughed at that pleading tone..."Okay okay...definitely need some cuddle therapy." She agreed, dragging him to the fireplace. A big, white fur rug was on the floor by it, and she tugged Caden to settle behind her, just so he could become a great, comfy pillow! This was more like it.

Serena certainly didn't mind that Morden knocked on her door just now. She and Niald had eaten, but there was plenty of leftovers. She hurried to answer the door, sighing a bit as she ended up limping from the pain in her leg...stupid carelessness on her part. "Hey Morden. Come in..just finished supper, but theres plenty left." She said, pulling the door wide to let him in.

Nathan grinned at Alnas mention of a reward....and knowing her...it was definitely bedroom playtime. He gladly obliged her, following her to the bed, and unbuttoned his shirt..."and what's this surprise you have planned, if I can ask?" He said in a husky voice as he drew her to the bed, unable to keep his hands off her any longer. Or from kissing her deeply..

Caden snuggled close behind her and wrapped an arm around her and bent his other to give her a pillow. "This is just what I need right now," he said as he held her close to him.

Morden smiled, "I am not imposing?' he asked and then saw blood on the floor and looked at ehr and saw her leg. "Serena?" he asked and then scooped her up and set her on the chair and lifted her leg. "Why did you not say you were not healed?' he asked as he tended her leg. His hands were gentle as he used magic to heal her. His was not as Caden or Laurana but it was an effective spell. One that drained a good deal of energy from him, but he hoped he was hiding that fact well enough. "Now...I think you mentioned leftovers?"

Alna smiled when he followed her and she began to undo her clothing as well until she was naked before him. "Oh I thought you might be in need of a massage," she said as she started to do just that, at his shoulders and she left no part of him unattended.

Laurana gave a contented sigh of agreement. Her hair had grown a bit longer during her time here and looked more like a silky blanket against his chest. She held both his hands, draping one arm around her stomach, wondering how long it would be before their baby would kick actively...she also dwelled slightly on the fact that had Douglas moved his foot from her shoulder to her stomach at anytime...shed have lost the baby. Tears threatened her eyes as she understood how vulnerable she was just then.

Serena shrugged a bit, trying to hide this fRom Niald. He had an overprotective side to him that worried her at times. Especially when he caught other people being mean to her. She looked at Morden however after thanking him for taking care of her leg. He certainly looked drained! "Yes, plenty...and don't worry....I guess this happened when we were yanked to the Douglas. Thank you though, it feels much better." She said, getting up again to hand Morden a bowl of leftovers, as well as a glass of raspberry tea.

Nate was surely okay with the message idea...and removed all his clothing....he stretched out on the bed, his weapons belt clanking to the floor. His hideously scarred back had never scared Alna, so he no longer hid it. "I do have a weakness for messages...but after mine..I'm giving you one...." He told her with a grateful smile.

Last edited:
Caden laid with her cuddled close and let the feeling of calm wash over him. he'd get to Morden eventually, but for now, he was content to soak up the time with his family. "So when would you like to get married," he asked, "Assuming you still want to.." he felt the need to add that. He'd scared her he knew, so if she was afraid of him just then, he would completely understand.

Morden accepted the plate, "You are welcome, Serena," he said with a smile, "I wish I'd noticed sooner." he said honestly, reminding himself to look her over more regularly. Obviously she didn't give her own health any thought at all. He watched her moving around and tipped his head, "Would you come and sit for a bit?' he asked, "I know you ahve things to do, but..." He didn't want to make her neglect any duties she had to do, but he wanted to just sit and talk a bit.

Alna Waited for him to lie on the bed and she climbed up and straddled his hips and massaged his back with sure and strong fingers. She could feel the scars and her heart hurt a bit for the pain he must have endured, but she was so very proud of him. His sacrifices and pain were to keep them safe, and she admired and respected him. She spent over an hour massaging every part of him and then she kissed him very tenderly. "How do you feel now?" she asked.

"Of course I still want to marry you, Caden...all couples have fights now and then. I'm glad we talk ours out." She Saud smiling. she brushed her tears away, letting her head rest in the crook of his strong arm. "I'm thinking a spring wedding....by the lake." She added, looking forward to being a wife and a mother soon. Something shed heard from so many people back on Earth would never happen to her.

Serena grinned sheepishly, unaware shed been doing that busy mom thing again. She was glad to sit by Morden and talk. "Sorry...I get caught up in multi tasking...years of habits...what did you want to talk about?" She asked smiling at him. He eased the pain in her heart so eaailly....how did he do that? She wondered.

Nathan knew shed even feel burn and hot pick made scars, but her touch was really soothing. He couldn't help the soft groan of pleasure that escaped him, ..as his muscles all relaxed at the same time...."This feels better than a hot bath..." He said to Alna.

Caden smiled and kissed the top of her head, "Spring is a nice time, rebirth of the forest and the beginning of new things," he said softly, "And by the lake will be beautiful. Unless you want to be by the lake in the Glen. I have never been there but I ahve seen pictures of it, and it looks beautiful." He sifted his fingers through her hair, "Though I imagine we should ask everyone what they wish to do now that the Douglas is gone. Maybe they will not want to go to the Glen. Though, I believe it is still wise to do so. The clan needs to rebuild and repopulate. That is best done in secret safety."

Morden grinned at her when she apologized for being who she was, "You ahve had to be the mother, father and housekeeper alone, Serena," he said with a smile, "I am surprised you have ever been able to sit down." He was happy when she came over to sit next to him. He'd expected her to sit near but not next to him. "Well..Serena," he said as he looked at his glass of tea and then back at her, "Actually...um...well...yes...I wanted to say..." His mind was totally betraying him at the moment, and refusing to communicate with his mouth in an intelligent manner. He cleared his throat and started again, "Forgive me," he said, "I am not..that is to say...yes not accustomed to ...speaking with..um..ladies...such as yourself." He was drowning horribly. "I should have taken a bit of time to practice...maybe...." he admitted, "But well...I ..yes I did..um..well..I wanted to see you...and I ..well I already missed you...so I just came ..."

Alna smiled when she felt his muscles relax. She leaned down to place soft kisses on his scars. "I am very glad," she said softly, "You bear your badges of honor well dear Nathan," she said, "I am so very proud to be yours. I love you."

Laurana smiled. She knew it was time to do the hidden spell. "We'll have a meeting tomorrow and let everyone have their opinions heard." She said, thinking. She would love to see her spell work....perhaps if they didn't like it, they could transport back here somehow. "I agree there should be more of us...we've had no time to recuperate from all the horror Douglas has caused." She liked the way his hand felt in her hair...

Serena used her calming energy on Morden again, hoping to ease the nervousness. "Try a few deep breaths, Morden..it helps me too when words don't want to cooperate." She encouraged, holding his hands gently.

Nathan just purred at Alnas message and her praise! She made him feel good about himself again....something he'd struggled with since the day he'd been tortured. "I love you Alna...and these badges will always be worth it if you're with me....is it my turn to massage you?" He asked, lightly nuzzling her thighs.

Caden nodded, "That's a good idea," he said, "We don't actually have to use the hidden spell at all if we don't want to now. We could just return to the glen and make a magical barrier at the entrance." he suggested, "Something to consider. Some of the fae don't like the idea of being hidden, some area terrified NOT to be. So..we shall see how they sway tomorrow. and act accordingly."

Morden felt the magic and smiled at her, "Thank you," he said, "What I was trying to say...I should have taken time to think about what I wanted to say, instead of just rushing over here. But I missed you," he said honestly looking back at his tea, "And so....I just came straight here." He reached for her hand, "I have no right to make presumptions, I know, but ...I would like to have the right." he said, "Would you allow me the honor of formally courting you. Openly where everyone would know of it." He was totally aware of the gossip and the cruelty she had endured. He was also well aware of the taunts and accusations. Many of the women who were making those accusations had approached him. some with the intent of catching his eye some trying to get him to force her to leave the clan. He'd never found any of those women appealing in any way. But Serena was appealing in every way to him. "I will of course ask Niald..."

Niald came in at the moment, "Ask me what?" he asked standing next to his mother like a vulture waiting to pounce on dead meat.

Morden looked up at the boy and smiled, "Well," he said, "Your mother has not replied to my request, so it may be a bit early to ask you," he said, "But I would like to court your mother, escort her about, and get to know her better with the intent of one day being part of your lives as a husband and father. I wonder if that might be ok with you?"

Niald looked at Morden with a hard expression in his eyes. He looked for a long time too before looking over at his mother, "Well...answer him."

Alna smiled, "I am not going anywhere,," she said softly, "If you wish...I would never say no to such attention."