• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis the Devious

Of Lies and Stories
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Sporadically, Though out the Day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
- Modern/Magical/High Fantasy
- Paranormal
- Romance-ish
- Supernatural
- Original
- Fandom
- Action
- Adventure
- Espionage
- Apocalyptic
- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
Now for Zelda's thoughts on everyone.

Since I did the girls first last time, let's start with the guys this time:

Trent Brooks - she would see him as a rival fire caster and prove in friendly competition that she is the better fire caster. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Malachai Dwin'anea - as they have contrasting magic types, she would try and avoid the guy as much as she could. But she would love his clothes and admire his looks. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Lux Aeternia - she would respect this one for his need to prove that his magic could be used for more than what it's intended purpose is and would hold the title of 'problem child' with him. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Grayson Matthew Heyes - she would not take him seriously in looks but would as a tracker and probably try to kidnap him and use him as a tracker in her hunts. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Sorrell Edlestein - she would have fun teasing him do to his softer nature but would respect him as a caster. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Louis Loki Maddox - this would be someone she would love to challenge in a battle of wits and would take pleasure in riling him up. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Toby Kyle Newton - she would find him pretty normal and wouldn't know how to fully talk to him. She would find him slightly attractive. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Now for the ladies. Only ladies get the nicknames until I decide otherwise.:

Raina Summers - a strong and competitive girl, someone whom Zelda could relate with. She just needs to calm down a bit and get her head into the game. She would call her 'shadow'. Needs more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Inanimado Avliden - she respects her for her brain and finds her very attractive. She would call her 'ghost'. Needs more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Corinna Maria Ashton - would get along with her and playfully flirt with her. Admires her for her headstrong nature. She would call her 'leaf'. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Aharand Priene - not a huge fan but would tolerate her to a point. Willing to smack her upside the head if need be but will be there if she ever needed a helping hand. Will refer to her as 'dwarf'. Needs more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Celia Drake - she would like this girl and her cool nature and would want to drag her into all sorts of trouble. She would call her 'nymph'. Needs more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Dakota Olivia Snow - Zelda would adore her and coddle her. She would even help her to prove that she is more powerful than people gave her credit for. She would call her 'sugar'. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Marion Estelle Martin - Zelda would get along with her and would be willing to help her when she goes into a depression state. She would call her 'cub'. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Done! Same as before, please be kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do I expect? Action, adventure, combat, chaos, comedy, and maybe romance.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
First, I shall do Sorrell's thought's on everyone. I will be mindful that not everyone has posted yet, so I am only going to do this based off the character sheets as well as adding that there will be more interactions needed for this to be considered permanent and may change as the rp continues. So please do not hate me for this.

Marion Estelle Martin - he would be a bit worried about her bipolar nature and would freak at her sweating but would let her do her own thing. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis. (hey Mern, are you a doctor who fan as well?)

Toby Kyle Newton - he would find this character to be rather nice and pleasant to be around, though his bipolar tendencies would scare him if they came out of now where. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.
I like this opposition, I think that it'll work well, and what my character thing of Sorell.

Toby's thoughts on Sorell - Toby finds that he likes talking to Sorell, he seems to let his guard down a little when around him so they can share some "Bro Moments" if their's ever the moment.

Marion's thoughts on Sorell - Marion would find him someone not to mess with most likely trying to avoid interactions with him because of the Gravity casters power over her -Although interactions between them during the challenge will be difficult, after it's over she could probably get to know him more and make her final disision.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Noctis the Devious I personally just expect casual fun time in an environment where everyone knows to respect one another, and knows where to draw the line. Impulsive posting and little planning ahead, surprises around the corners, friendly competition among the players and their characters, interesting relationships and different displays of powers (with expectations that people know how to limit them within the lines of good taste, because OP is always OP and thus tasteless; if you give your character a strong power, balance it with an equally strong drawback. You know, that kind of typical jazz.) I expect that you have an idea where you want to direct us, because as a GM you need to be able to lead and control the crowd; we're all just sheep here. You're really nice, but don't let the players with stronger personalities run you over. Don't let the sheep lead the lion.

Now, a question, since this is a bit too vague currently for me; are the girls and boys group in separate Sky Buses, or are they all in the same? I left my reactions to other as vague as possible in my post because I wasn't sure, and I didn't see the opposing genders react to each other among them but only mingling with their own groups, when I read all the posts.

Now for Zelda's thoughts on everyone.

Toby Kyle Newton - she would find him pretty normal and wouldn't know how to fully talk to him. She would find him slightly attractive. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Marion Estelle Martin - Zelda would get along with her and would be willing to help her when she goes into a depression state. She would call her 'cub'. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.
I like this one as well and My character's thoughts on Zelda:

Toby's thoughts on Zelda: Toby would find Zelda competitive and might be intimidated by her at first. -More interactions to make overall dissension.

Marion's thoughts on Zelda - Marion finds Zelda to be very maternal and she enjoys that about her Marion, when in tears, goes to Zelda in a first person resort to calm herself Marion trust's Zelda and find comfort when being around her.

I like this one as well and My character's thoughts on Zelda:

Toby's thoughts on Zelda: Toby would find Zelda competitive and might be intimidated by her at first. -More interactions to make overall dissension.

Marion's thoughts on Zelda - Marion finds Zelda to be very maternal and she enjoys that about her Marion, when in tears, goes to Zelda in a first person resort to calm herself Marion trust's Zelda and find comfort when being around her.
I like this opposition, I think that it'll work well, and what my character thing of Sorell.

Toby's thoughts on Sorell - Toby finds that he likes talking to Sorell, he seems to let his guard down a little when around him so they can share some "Bro Moments" if their's ever the moment.

Marion's thoughts on Sorell - Marion would find him someone not to mess with most likely trying to avoid interactions with him because of the Gravity casters power over her -Although interactions between them during the challenge will be difficult, after it's over she could probably get to know him more and make her final disision.
Glad you liked them, Mern. I hope our characters get along.

@Noctis the Devious I personally just expect casual fun time in an environment where everyone knows to respect one another, and knows where to draw the line. Impulsive posting and little planning ahead, surprises around the corners, friendly competition among the players and their characters, interesting relationships and different displays of powers (with expectations that people know how to limit them within the lines of good taste, because OP is always OP and thus tasteless; if you give your character a strong power, balance it with an equally strong drawback. You know, that kind of typical jazz.) I expect that you have an idea where you want to direct us, because as a GM you need to be able to lead and control the crowd; we're all just sheep here. You're really nice, but don't let the players with stronger personalities run you over. Don't let the sheep lead the lion.

Now, a question, since this is a bit too vague currently for me; are the girls and boys group in separate Sky Buses, or are they all in the same? I left my reactions to other as vague as possible in my post because I wasn't sure, and I didn't see the opposing genders react to each other among them but only mingling with their own groups, when I read all the posts.
I thought they were on separate busses.

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
Reactions: Goddess of the Moon

I know I'm not the GM but I think their on different buses my understanding was that they each had their own ceremony's at their respected school and mounted a bus their to meet at a common point where they were to be merged together and then sent out to complete the challenge

• Thank You
Reactions: Wicked

Yes I do know we're I'm leading you and you do too to a point. But on that note, I do tend to leave little hints in my posts, just some are more subtle than others o.o' But yes, it's good to have a general goal in mind, I just need you guys to fill it all in :3 Well, most of it.

Pfft, if I'm being too nice I can unleash Dark on you all :3

Yep Mern's got the idea :D I actually meant to say that in the IC Update but it completely slipped my mind =.=' Sorry about that! My bad.

Speaking of plottiness, don't expect each round to be just about getting the feather and moving on, otherwise this will be a rather short roleplay. Each area should have at least four rounds (well that's my goal any how). Each round will have a goal in mind but I want you all to fill in the blanks with story. No point in having a roleplay if all I'm going to have you do is defend yourselves and move on ^.^;

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Wicked
List of Lux's General Spells, (Common use, not exhaustive)

Brighter Than A thousand Suns: A searing white hot orb of light, that then explodes in to a immense flash.

Flare; Exactly what it sounds like, a flare of any colour.

Image; A projected image, can be static or moving, accurate up to the casters imagination. Does not Create Sound. Drains energy, needs to be concentrated upon.

Solar Sonar; A flash of bright white light emanates from the caster allowing them to see for a moment, but more importantly, mapping the area around them in their head.

Orb; A glowing orb of light of the casters choice, may pulse, flash, fade or perform other patterns of on-off at the casters descression. can be fixed in place, relative to something or absolutely, or even made to move. Drains energy.

Heal; Lux's only healing spell, Takes a while to cast and can heal most wounds but not internal ones, so broken bones are a no-no unless the injured limb is carved open so he can get acess to it.

Pulsar: A strange form of Light magic that rather than producing light lets the caster Drain light from a area to create a space of utter darkness, While seemingly harmless anyone in this space who is a Light mage has their magic power drained, while Dark Casters have it boosed. Effects lux,

Glare Of The Sun: The inverse of pulsar, a area of bright radiance that weakens dark magic and increases light while draining dark casters magic power.

Laser: What does it sound like? a laser beam of light.

Thermal Lance: A short range 'lance' of searing white light, Similar to Wrath of the sun however does not fan and has a max range of 20m

Seals: Lux can draw a range of magical Seals with his magic, these take longer than normal castings, because he has to draw them, but they can have a range of effects from protecting a area to providing light, to making things immune to natural wear and tear, A few of the more complex ones are capable of doing things such as stopping people using magic in the area. Lux can only have one seal active at a time. Seals can be shattered if their Anchor point is destroyed. Lux is Subject to his own seals (so no magic in his own anti magic feild), the minimum draw time for a seal is 30 seconds. if interrupted the seal detonates with all stored magical energy.
Anchor points explained
[spoili]
All seals have anchor points, these are physical points at which the seal interfaces with the marital realm, either in the centre of the seal or on a corner/edge. if a anchorpoint is destroyed, or damadged the seal shatters and is removed from the area, it can be recast but requires a new anchor point, Lux must touch the Anchor point, living creatures can be anchor points, but must be willing. if the anchor point moves, the seal moves, Spells CANNOT be anchor points. [/spoili]
List of Seals;
Protection from Wild Creatures
This Seal stops wild creatures entering the area of its casting
SealSquare.png

Shockwave
A 'Trap' Seal/Sigil, once triggered via command word or tripping a 'laser' tripwire the seal fires off with a shockwave of energy, throwing anyone in it away from the center.
220px-Seal_of_Solomon_(Simple_Version).svg.png

Solar Flare
This Seal has 2 uses, a 'Trap' Sigil as above, or a directed 'burst'
In both cases when activated the sigil lets forth a blast of light that blinds any within its radius and also breaks away the outer layers of skin or clothes, leaving exposed flesh with the worst sunburn ever, and evaporating clothes.
magical_seal_by_thammuz.jpg

Lunar Lock

This Sigil draws upon the power of the moon, All who cast spells within its radius cast as if casting on the night of a Blue moon, If casting upon the month of a blue moon the effect of the moon is not doubled, but increased Tenfold

knot-crescent_sm.jpg

Protection from The Elements
This seal protects those within it from the elements, from rain, cold, sleet, snow, wind, heat, when cast the weather inside and the temperature are put in 'stasis' meaning that if it is raining when it is cast it will always be raining inside the glyph.
valefor_seal_by_earthstar01-d38mj0c.png

Zero
image3.gif

This Sigil drains all magical power within it, rendering all inside mear mortals, Creatures powered by magical energy (such as familiars!) are banished/killed, mages cannot cast spells, nor can spells enter the area, Summoned creatures are banished, Animated creatures fall apart. All magic fails within this circle. This is Lux's most complex circle and also his most 'powerful' due to the fact even Physical mages have all their magical enhancements stripped from them. If used while the user is being tracked magically the spell outright fails, as if the target of the spell is dead or gone from this earth. Those within the circle are invisible to all magical detection means.

Light Strike
This seal can only be placed on the floor or ceiling, While it cannot be turned in to a trap it can be remotely triggered and it unleashes a blast of light akin to that of midday of a desert (to put it mildly) for five minutes or so. Those caught in it are bound to suffer under its glare.

apollonia_li__s_magic_circle_by_earthstar01-d4novy4.png

Luner Striker
Upon casting this Sigil it creates 15 disks of silver blue light that mimic the phases of the moon, These disks float round the caster in a defensive pattern, and can be taken out the air and either thrown or weilded as weapons, These disks slice through everything infront of them, though will only travel about 50m away from the caster.
artemis_li__s_magic_circle_by_earthstar01-d4noux8.png

Phases of the moon:
Phases10-5x3w.jpg

Fury Of The Stars
This sigil lets lose a stream of Star Motes, Tiny glowing orbs, these orbs on their own do little to no damage but a stream of them, no less a stream of homing motes is dangerous to most foes. This sigil can be kept open for as long as Lux desires however the more motes that are active at any time, the more energy it drains.

star__s_magic_circle_by_earthstar01-d4nox6l.png

Thats all folks!

....I lied. I have loads more magic circles and stuff. and I don't want them sitting about doing nothing. so, I will be putting them up here for a look-see for all of you, feel free to use them in your characters or as spells. some of them however will be totally unusable due to multi-elements and shit.

Rage of the Zodiac
(Spirit)
This spell produces 12 blasts of homing magic that the caster command and circle the caster defensively when not targeted, when drawn this sigil lasts for 12 minutes, 1 blasts dissipating each minute. This Sigil can only be cast on living targets capable of commanding magic
yuuko_ichihara__s_magic_circle_by_earthstar01-d4qj5jv.png

POLAR MIDNIGHT
(Lightning/Ice)
This sigil calls forth a roiling stormcloud and plunges the area under it in to total darkness, freezing the ground and raining hail the size of tennis balls, this sigil mimiks a storm in the arctic winter, howling winds, freezing temperatures, utter desolation, and worst of all? Lightning capable of freezing you solid.
ixion_seal_by_earthstar01-d38mjkt.png

Meteorite
(Earth/Fire)
This sigil becomes the target of a immense meteorite 50 seconds after it is activated, oblitorating the surrounding area and setting thing on fire and crushing them. (useable only once every 24 hours)
sin_circle_by_earthstar01-d4npx8m.png

Blood Sacrifice
Physical/spirit/Dark(?)
Upin casting this sigil the caster must pay blood to trigger it, The next person who steps upon the sigil will take a physical wound equal to the price of blood paid, the bigger the payment the bigger the wound, A drop of blood would create a paper cut. a small vial a deep cut. a cup, a broken bone. Ect, A full on Sacrifice of a living human would instantly slay the next person to step upon this sigil.
sandy_seal_by_earthstar01-d38mkm4.png

Last edited:
Alright, I'm going to start of saying any repetitive use of a spell with exhaust you to some point. Raina's weakest spell, Shadow Quills, is a basic attack that won't effect her too much, but if she were were to use it for an extensive amount of time or multiple times, it will eventually dehydrate her. Now on to the critique:

Brighter Than A thousand Suns: A searing white hot orb of light, A combination between Flash Bang grenade and Fireball (but light based)

Is the purpose to temporarily blinde someone or at least act like a flash grenade? I would also prefer you to leave heat out of your spells effects. It can be an after effect, an effect you cannot control, but the spell's purpose can't be to cause heat.

Image; A projected image, can be static or moving, accurate up to the casters imagination, once cast is permanent until dispelled. Does not Create Sound.

I would prefer this not to be permanent, rather dependent on your Caster's concentration and mental ability to sustain the image for a given amount of time, which means mental strain. The bigger or more complex the image, the more it will strain your caster.

Orb; A glowing orb of light of the casters choice, may pulse, flash, fade or perform other patterns of on-off at the casters descression. can be fixed in place, relative to something or absolutely, or even made to move. Hot to the touch, higher the wavelength (closer to the blue end) the hotter it gets.

Again, heat cannot be apart of your spells and you can't controll it.

Pulsar: A strange form of Light magic that rather than producing light lets the caster Drain light from a area to create a space of utter darkness, While seemingly harmless anyone in this space slowly has their magical power drained along with the light (Can Effect the caster!)

You absolutely cannot have a spell that effects other Caster's magic unless that caster is of the same element as you. In the story Raina was from the most basic defense spell was Disperse, which can disperse any spell weaker or equal to your own magic, but cannot effect spells not of the same element. The same will be applied here. Any light caster in the area will feel the effect as long as thet are weaker or ewual to your Caster's magic, but likewise any dark caster in the area will have their magic boosted.

Thermal Lance: A short range 'lance' of searing white light, Similar to Wrath of the sun however does not fan and has a max range of 20m

This seems quite similar to Raina's spell Dark Joust, and no one is allowed to replicate another Caster's personal spell in any way.

Otherwise, the others are good :)

Last edited:
Think I should come up with more spells for my characters guys?

@Noctis the Devious @EddiEddi
As far as the spell Image goes, I don't see how that would be a spell with the element light? Or is that just me? I would think it is more something for spirit, since it would be a mental projection?

@Cybermoon, you don't have to list them like Eddi did o.o Your character can have magic out side of their personal spells. I just had you list your personal spells because they're exclusive to your character and limited. Ordinary spells come in abundance.

@DarkiusHeavenstein, Light is color, and color is an image. Think of it as a projector, the image being a memory or a picture Lux mentally conjures and thus light magic projects ^.^

Last edited:
Is the purpose to temporarily blinde someone or at least act like a flash grenade? I would also prefer you to leave heat out of your spells effects. It can be an after effect, an effect you cannot control, but the spell's purpose can't be to cause heat.
Light produces heat, I tend to include heat as its one of the few ways light magic can do damadge, unless you let me presume that light has a 'cutting' effect?
Its job is basicly to be a flash bang grenade but also use the heat produced by light to sear a area, so a combination.

I would prefer this not to be permanent, rather dependent on your Caster's concentration and mental ability to sustain the image for a given amount of time, which means mental strain. The bigger or more complex the image, the more it will strain your caster.
I should probably elaborate, To dispel a Image, someone need only walk through or touch it. clearly creation takes mental strain.

Again, heat cannot be apart of your spells and you can't controll it.
See previous comment about light/heat and weaponized spells. why do you think light mages have so little attack? because no one can think of a clever way to weaponize light beside holy magic and heat-light.

You absolutely cannot have a spell that effects other Caster's magic unless that caster is of the same element as you. In the story Raina was from the most basic defense spell was Disperse, which can disperse any spell weaker or equal to your own magic, but cannot effect spells not of the same element. The same will be applied here. Any light caster in the area will feel the effect as long as thet are weaker or ewual to your Caster's magic, but likewise any dark caster in the area will have their magic boosted.
Allright, Then I will need to descuss one of my seal ideas with you. but that is fine for his normal magic.

This seems quite similar to Raina's spell Dark Joust, and no one is allowed to replicate another Caster's personal spell in any way.

Yeah. No, It just sounds similar, Where as Dark Joust summons lances and she (I presume) can command them, this is far more simple and uses WAY less power, he raises his hand and its basicly a single 'spear' (not shape wise, but think, very long thin cone) punches forward from his palm. No summoning lances, no multi lance, no commanding them, this is just a dead basic 'vwomph'-hole through target- style spell.

On to editing!

Light doesn't inherently hot thought :/ My stance is still the same: heat cannot be a part of the spell. Otherwise it might as well be fire. I have a few light users myself if you want me to share some spells with you.

Alright, I'll let you keep Lance then.

Light doesn't inherently hot thought :/ My stance is still the same: heat cannot be a part of the spell. Otherwise it might as well be fire. I have a few light users myself if you want me to share some spells with you.

Alright, I'll let you keep lance then.
Nah, I have plenty more ideas, however I think I have some fun plans now that you've let me use lance (because it has a 'pierce' effect)

Oh, and I'd prefer you to keep the drawbacks I laid out for your image projector. Having a spell just sit there wiyh no consequence to the user just isn't logical .-. Maybe I'd it was seal or a glyph instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.