Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, guys; I don't obsessively control every detail of the world, so feel free to fill in stuff in your posts, or take some initiative with our direction. For example, in finding a mostly intact building to set up a camp in, any of you can describe and have your character point out a likely structure.

Just wanted to make it clear that I'm not a GM who keeps the world-building all to herself. ( ^ω^)

Perhaps it would be best if we all discuss which sort of building could do well for a base-camp? Something to fit everyone's character and get them going. Hell while we're at it it might also be interesting to talk about if any characters had worked together before or spent time together in the Mountain City.

Feel free--I like it when characters have interwoven backstories, and OOC discussion helps keep RPs alive.

On a related note, if my pace isn't working for anyone, too slow or too fast, let me know. I mean plot and events, not posting speed.

Wish that I could make some concrete suggestions but as far as setting up a base camp goes only thing coming to mind would be some sort of a mansion or hotel. Something that might have various types of rooms to spur various discussions if any of the time will actually be spent there as opposed to skipping past it. Or could always go spooky orphanage or mental asylum, that never fails in these types of settings, bonus points if its a mental asylum for kids, extra spoopy.

As for characters, I am at even more of a loss there... Sorry :,c

I don't have any real idea on what character connections to be made, as that is largely a collaborative effort, but I do have a suggestion for the building they might set up camp in.

Perhaps they could take shelter in a monastery or a church of some kind? That would probably fit the theme, and perhaps provide a spooky atmosphere if anyone goes into the undercroft.

Reactions: Valentyne
Hm. I can't really think of any really obvious connections to be made. It would take some combined brainstorming, I feel. As for a camp, I feel it would be best to go with a church or other moderately large structure, something that has many rooms yet can be secure enough to house the group for the time being. Though, if we would like something interesting, we could try to find a tavern of sorts, just for giggles.

Hmm, but how likely are we to find a Church that is not loaded by Umbras or as the pattern might suggest even Warlocks? The tavern brings up an interesting point tho, does alcohol go bad within the Judgement and if not do AngelTears made from Alcohol burn twice as bright? But I do admit that perhaps sleeping in a Gothic-styled church of old faith will be somewhat symbolic. And kewl as heck.

I guess everyone is a bit too lazy to figure out some interconnections with other characters, but I suppose it could be understandable if they didn't really interact all that much, most likely the expeditions would be balanced in terms of experience and skill to ensure the weaker ones are protected and given a chance to learn. Meaning all of ours would have little chance of going on an expedition together due to said reasoning.
I guess Eleanor and Imogen are both sort of always working on improving themselves so they are likely to have ran into each other multiple times, perhaps trained together occasionally.

That's a good point about the church; however, a monastery would also work really well thematically (and could have multiple levels and stuff to explore) without necessarily having Umbras.

Could someone get a post up with something though? I don't want this to slow down too badly.

I'll try to get out a post. It may be a bit short though, so apologies in advance. For some reason, I'm just drawing a blank on many levels.

I was hoping that someone else would post that hadn't in a while, so I went ahead and put up a post to move things forward.

I would have done this sooner, sorry, but I've been busy and lacking in creative energy. Let's get this going again, though,

I hope you can excuse my future lack of quality or quantity. I'm having some finals in the next two weeks so I am feeling mildly distressed about it all. I should be able to keep up but just in case I feel it's better I mention it now rather than later.
I'll give it my best in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.