Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kagayours as for the GM thing. I would like to but me and GMing on Iwaku somehow just do not work out. It is like I have a curse. Anything I try to GM ends as a dead RP quickly. So I would rather avoid such fate from happening to Omnibus. I would only take the co-GM role if no on else wanted/could do it.

Uhhh. I am fairly confident that Omnibus would not die just from having you as co-GM. After all, I'd still be making the majority of the decision-making. What I really need is just someone who can help me out with like... maintenance stuff. >.> And keeping track of what's going on. You know, so that we don't reach a point where I'm too busy to pay attention to my RP's and everyone's like "hey GM, what the fuck is happening in the IC?" and the GM (me) is just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B'sides, the way I see it, there are two ingredients for a dead RP:
  1. Problems arise. (ie: drop-outs, creative stagnation, etc)
  2. The GM does not successfully resolve those problems.
Having more people around to catch (and potentially fix) problems can only increase our odds of success, not decrease them.

Not to mention? Pretty much all RP's on forums like this die. And many of them die quickly. I really don't think that fast RP deaths really say much about your ability as a GM, much less suggest that you are "cursed". Fast RP deaths are sort of... par for the course. :/

Also, I'm kind of desperate.

What I would love is a co-GM with staff powers, who could actually edit the OP without needing my help (which is what Eru used to be able to do for me). But I feel like I really can't afford to be picky. All I really need is someone who can keep tabs on IC activity, so that I can turn to them for an understanding of what's going on, even when I've been too caught up in life to closely follow the IC, myself. That alone would be great help, if someone can offer it.

@Kagayours @IceQueen
Yes, I'm still up to the plan we have for Lucifer and Icy's character (that's why I made him in the first place). I just need to know when exactly she's ready to jump in so I can finally post for Lucifer. I changed everything I had before because I just realized it was too much work, so I'm going t make a simple, but decent introduction post. Still, like with Azrael, I have big plans for him in the future.

Now, changing the subject to just what I read in the IC...
@Eru @Luma @Kagayours
I'm so damn confused to what the hell just happened. Everything happened so out of the blue... So, to what I can make out from Eru's post, Key finally recovered the lost souls he was meant to recover and apparently found out the murderer. Also, Neptune apparently managed to use Fate Steadily, Key's train, and opened a portal to the Mire because the train felt Key. Because Key finally accomplished his mission, magically got on the train and left the Mire on Fate Steadily with Neptune, leaving everyone behind.

Again, I'm so freaking confused. I thought he ordered Luna to go to a city he sensed at the North of the swamp, but now all of this happened. Did I just missed something before all of this? Please, something enlight me or I'll go all crazy...

@Kagayours @IceQueen
Yes, I'm still up to the plan we have for Lucifer and Icy's character (that's why I made him in the first place). I just need to know when exactly she's ready to jump in so I can finally post for Lucifer. I changed everything I had before because I just realized it was too much work, so I'm going t make a simple, but decent introduction post. Still, like with Azrael, I have big plans for him in the future.

I'd say go ahead and post for Lucifer whenever you have that post ready. IceQueen can reply to that whenever she finds the time. Might as well have your post up for her to work off of in the meantime.

Again, I'm so freaking confused. I thought he ordered Luna to go to a city he sensed at the North of the swamp, but now all of this happened. Did I just missed something before all of this? Please, something enlight me or I'll go all crazy...

Eru had been planning on dropping out for a while now. I, too, didn't expect him to leave quite like this, as apparently there was a bit of a miscommunication between us. In any case, I assumed he would've told you that he was dropping out, given how closely you two seemed to be collaborating with your characters. Sorry about that -- I should've reached out to clarify things with you, as well.

All you really need to know is: Eru's characters are gone now, and I can wrap up the Mire arc however I decide I want to. Beyond that point, the details really aren't important.

• Useful
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Yes, I didn't know anything about Eru dropping out. Kind of sad, honestly, but things like that happens.

And about Lucifer's post, I'll try to post his intro tomorrow. I'm going to be hella busy doing stuff around my home, but I'll do my best to finish quickly without turning it upside down. x'D

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
@gamer5 ...

... moments later "Blast" after "Blast" was rapid-fired into the jelly bean mass, a path of explosions that cut after Deen...

This kinda reminds me of Aerly's rifle problem from earlier. Might want to re-read my last post. At present, that "path of explosions" is heading for Deen's backside. I don't think he'd be too happy with that. Especially after he'd already opened up the way. If you have any questions about my last post, ask! :bsmile:

@AnimeLover_Princess @gamer5 @IceQueen @Luma @Roose Hurro @Rowdybull @Sail @Shinku⭐Kun @Takashi

Since no one seemed to have an opinion on the subject besides myself, I went ahead and removed the "graveyard" tab from the OP. This means that updating the OP for things like drop-outs won't use up as many spoons, which hopefully means I'll be able to update it more often. Speaking of which, I just removed a bunch of drop-out chars/races/etc. Although I did leave the Harbinger race and Mire realm untouched (including the ambassador attributions). Since we currently have one other Harbinger character, and since the Mire realm is currently still in-use, I couldn't just remove them outright. The Mire realm I'll remove as soon as that arc is wrapped up, though. And the Harbingers... I still have to figure out who to move that ambassadorship to. But I'll update its ambassador once I get that figured out.

I also treated Kayden and Miatalin as drop-outs and removed them ahead of time, since we know that Luma is planning on dropping out, and those two characters have already been written off.

I also updated the WIE list. Please let me know if anything there is incorrect.

And with the WIE list updated, I feel comfortable telling IceQueen and Rowdybull that they can look at that list to figure out how to re-introduce their characters. XD

Reactions: Rowdybull
@gamer5 ...

... moments later "Blast" after "Blast" was rapid-fired into the jelly bean mass, a path of explosions that cut after Deen...

This kinda reminds me of Aerly's rifle problem from earlier. Might want to re-read my last post. At present, that "path of explosions" is heading for Deen's backside. I don't think he'd be too happy with that. Especially after he'd already opened up the way. If you have any questions about my last post, ask! :bsmile:

Edite out. Aerly is now just following Deen.

hey I'm back after a bit of an absence, haha. Can anyone quick bring me up on recent events?

hey I'm back after a bit of an absence, haha. Can anyone quick bring me up on recent events?

I'm not really sure what there is to summarize. The jelly bean flood is (sort of) still happening, and, uh... can @gamer5 and @Luma perhaps summarize all the stuff going on with Sol and Naia right now? I'm not sure I could explain the finer details very well. XD

Also, like I said in the earlier posts that I tagged you in, I recommend you check out the "Where is everyone" list on the OP to get a good idea of, well, where everyone is -- so you can decide where you want your character to be.

@Kagayours I would love to be possibly be co-GM :D Also, sorry for taking so long to reply, I just finished with my second of four weeks of camp.

@Kagayours I would love to be possibly be co-GM :D Also, sorry for taking so long to reply, I just finished with my second of four weeks of camp.

Awesome!!

All I really need is someone who can keep the WIE list up-to-date, and maybe take care of other maintenance stuff like adding characters/races to the OP, as well as removing drop-outs. So if you think you can handle that job, I am 100% willing to make your status as co-GM official, like... right now. XD

XD Well, I'd be able to work all of this week, but then I have two weeks of camp. So if you are fine with me missing two weeks before truly getting into things, then I will accept now :D

XD Well, I'd be able to work all of this week, but then I have two weeks of camp. So if you are fine with me missing two weeks before truly getting into things, then I will accept now :D

XD That's fine. There's not even much to "truly get into", anyway. I'm just looking for another hand to help with housekeeping when I'm low on time/spoons.

I'll go ahead and edit a line about your co-GM status onto the OP.

Alright, thanks :D I'm glad to help

Post Posted!

Not quite as long as I thought it would be, but I believe I've covered everything (crosses fingers).

Uhm... Hi! I'm Foxxo, and it's lovely to meet you all! Here's a race sheet I wanted to submit:

Name(Singular): Tlacaspas
Name(Plural): Tlacaspa
Powers/Abilities: Consumption causes similarities to grow.
All have exceptional physical and sensory abilities, although not Superhuman from birth, they are born with more efficient brains and muscles, due to the cursed magic trying to create something humans feared and hated, these come along with their animalistic or plant based developments (see lower)
Infinite "hunger" and stomach capacity (hunger is not known to them, they never feel the need to feed, just the power it gives, which done develope an addiction to.)

Lifespan: Depending on their consumption, they can live any time from 20-180
PhysicalDescription: This is tricky, seeing as they are born looking as though they were humans, although larger in size, this is how they are born no matter what their parents are made of. This race is capable of compatability with any race, but they are incapable of magic unless they consume magical flesh, once again, no matter who seeded and birthed them.
CulturalDescription: The anomaly of this race is that though they were born of a native American diety, they came to be, in small pockets of 2-4, in every continent, even the icy reaches of Antarctica, though they are much rarer, these peoples, though varied, hold their cultural norms this way, they adapt to their environment, learning how to behave by trial and error, usually ending in the humans finding them out, and killing them, but most exist outside of the humans, while still intermingling, they live in modern tribes, with this similarity. They all hold their ability to adapt at their highest of graces, there is a ceremony of manhood for the boys where they hunt a large animal, customarily a predator, and the boy in question consumes the animal in as little bites as possible, and allows the beasts body to become part of him, he then usually is told to be careful, as the power of their gift is watered down the more variety you consume. Although plant and animals are in different categories for this, and the two different tribal mindsets will often war.
Realm: This realm they are in is one just one step below humanity, where a slight shimmer, the shimmer of an evil, sadistic God created a mostly peaceful, instinctual people, who wanted to live in harmony with the humans. Though this was doomed, and they fled to the realm of the goddess of hunger and growth.

Other: These Tclaspas often will live near, but just out of reach of humanity, as they, by design seek the love of humans.

Short Description: Tclaspas. A benevolent race created by a malevolent God, they seek the love of humans, and the culmination of their power, while they are doomed to never be accepted. They can absorb abilities from raw foods, but they must be careful as they last for life. Very weak to deathly Magic's, invulnerable to life magic, even healing magic, they can have their minds controlled based on how feral they are, and elemental Magic's do normal stuff, but if they are kinda polar or Northern, cold Magic's will be slightly less strong, and fiery Magic's will be more strong, etc. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another small thing, I'm on mobile, and I'm using swipe to type to get my whirlwind of ideas out of my head without forgetting them, so I might have words like si instead of so or abs instead of and or it instead of Or, if you will point this out to me in this thread, I will rectify my mistakes!

Uhm... Hi! I'm Foxxo, and it's lovely to meet you all! Here's a race sheet I wanted to submit:

All have exceptional physical and sensory abilities, although not Superhuman from birth, they are born with more efficient brains and muscles, due to the cursed magic trying to create something humans feared and hated, these come along with their animalistic or plant based developments (see lower)
Infinite "hunger" and stomach capacity (hunger is not known to them, they never feel the need to feed, just the power it gives, which done develope an addiction to.)

PhysicalDescription: This is tricky, seeing as they are born looking as though they were humans, although larger in size, this is how they are born no matter what their parents are made of. This race is capable of compatability with any race, but they are incapable of magic unless they consume magical flesh, once again, no matter who seeded and birthed them.
CulturalDescription: The anomaly of this race is that though they were born of a native American diety, they came to be, in small pockets of 2-4, in every continent, even the icy reaches of Antarctica, though they are much rarer, these peoples, though varied, hold their cultural norms this way, they adapt to their environment, learning how to behave by trial and error, usually ending in the humans finding them out, and killing them, but most exist outside of the humans, while still intermingling, they live in modern tribes, with this similarity. They all hold their ability to adapt at their highest of graces, there is a ceremony of manhood for the boys where they hunt a large animal, customarily a predator, and the boy in question consumes the animal in as little bites as possible, and allows the beasts body to become part of him, he then usually is told to be careful, as the power of their gift is watered down the more variety you consume. Although plant and animals are in different categories for this, and the two different tribal mindsets will often war.
Realm: This realm they are in is one just one step below humanity, where a slight shimmer, the shimmer of an evil, sadistic God created a mostly peaceful, instinctual people, who wanted to live in harmony with the humans. Though this was doomed, and they fled to the realm of the goddess of hunger and growth.

Other: These Tclaspas often will live near, but just out of reach of humanity, as they, by design seek the love of humans.

Short Description: Tclaspas. A benevolent race created by a malevolent God, they seek the love of humans, and the culmination of their power, while they are doomed to never be accepted. They can absorb abilities from raw foods, but they must be careful as they last for life. Very weak to deathly Magic's, invulnerable to life magic, even healing magic, they can have their minds controlled based on how feral they are, and elemental Magic's do normal stuff, but if they are kinda polar or Northern, cold Magic's will be slightly less strong, and fiery Magic's will be more strong, etc. Etc.

First let me just say: I do have a thing for creatures that gain their power by eating things. owo And I like what I've read so far.

That being said, there are still quite a few holes in my understanding of these creatures.

Firstly, how are they created? You emphasized the fact that, although they look human-like, they can be born from parents of any race. And if that's the case, then, what causes a Tlacaspas to be born in the first place? You said that they are "compatible" with any race -- does that mean that Tlacaspa are simply born from other Tlacaspa? If so, what happens when a Tcacaspas breeds with a member of another race? Will the child still be fully Tlacaspas?

Secondly,

they are born with more efficient brains and muscles, due to the cursed magic trying to create something humans feared and hated,

What "cursed magic"? You mentioned that they were created by a "malevolent god", but nothing you've described about them appears to be inherently evil. In fact, you've made it clear that the Tlacaspa themselves are a benevolent race. Why would a malevolent god create a benevolent race?

I'm not sure you understand what the "realm" part of the race sheet is supposed to refer to. The realm is the place that your race originated from. By the sounds of things, the Tlacaspa were created on earth, yes? If so, their realm would be earth.

Lastly, I would like a bit more of an explanation on how their gaining-powers-by-consumption ability works. It seems like it's their most central ability, but I don't understand it very well.

I'm sorry I didn't go into much detail, I just didn't want to put too much in in case you guys wouldn't want that much detail, but I'll get to work on recreating the sheet with all the information necessary!

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
All have exceptional physical and sensory abilities and very, very flexible jaws, although not Superhuman from birth, they are born with more efficient brains and muscles, due to the cursed magic trying to create something humans feared and hated, these come along with their animalistic or plant based developments (see lower)

How they are born: One parent must be a Tlacaspa, although two would allow the consumption abilities to be more easily worked in, these are an entirely different species from humans, though the evil God framed them from Mahwaew, a native American hero. Any hybrids will be born without Magical capabilities, and most physical attributes of the race that intermingled will be dominated by Tlacaspa dna, though facial features and color variations would be a possibility, and they will be born earlier if mothered by a Tlacaspa mom, although this is unlikely because they are infertile if they allow the changes to happen.

Why "cursed" or "evil" magic?: They were created as a play thing and power source for Yanguete (I think that's how you spell it), A Zapotec God of suffering and unrequited and impure love, from before Aztec religion took over. His magic in inheritly evil, and he set about fashioning a people to feed him their anguish and conflicted emotions, and their love, though scorned. Thus, the magic that formed the first Tlacaspa was a cursed, evil magic.

Why do they exist in another Gods realm?: Because, when a benevolent Goddess realized that Yanguete was getting too powerful from this race, she shielded them, and allowed them small spaces of respite close to their beloved humans.

How the intricacies of their consumption powers (dubbed Tlacaspa's curse and gift, or the Cursed gift) work: They must consume the beast or plant before its life leaves it, and must consume until its life leaves it, they are born with the ability to eat things much larger then them, such as a legend of the Tlacaspas of Cherokee, Imhuca, who ate a large tree and fed the forest his sappy blood to create their place of rest. They do not leech the life from them in their consumption, but what they do is they force (for lack of a better word) the life force of the creature to mold their bodies, though if they were cruel in their consumption, the effects would be much more unsightly, or painful, then graceful and helpful. They are a species that thrives on kind consumption, secrecy, and the benevolence of a paranoid God, and were forged of a malevolent God, to feed him in his foolish, well stomped out quest to make the world a place of suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.