[fieldbox=Into the fray, violet]
Aiko Cho
Cho Clan leader | Civic council member | Team 8 jounin |Amegakure

Arriving at the location that had been dubbed as point Delta Aiko grew worried for a moment. From the location, she had some good view over the nearby streets, but she hadn't yet spotted any of the operatives under her command. It was possible that with the ongoing chaos that they could've been barred, lost or perhaps even too afraid to meet up? Seeing that the majority weren't yet experienced to the point that Aiko was certain she could rely heavily on them she decided to wait for a moment. Time was from the looks she could get from the city, not a luxury that was on the table.
Soon enough, however, the first person arrived. Hiraku arrived and asked right away if he could do something to help right away. It was in a way something that Aiko admired that the teen was willing to help others, but this wasn't the moment to become charitable.
"No." the word left the lips of the jounin with a harsh tone as she looked around. "Keep your wits sharp and stand at the ready." She told him, throwing a brief glance in his direction. "Best what we can do at the moment to help, really."

As she finished, Tomiko Hyuuga and Kazumo Sarutobi almost arrived at the same time. The genin seemed ready, but there was some doubt that they would be ready for what could be to come. When Tomiko spoke of the odd flux the left eyebrow of Aiko slightly perked up. "No, nobody really can other than to keep their wits sharp," She told the genin, glancing at Kazumo. The Sarutobi seemed to be more than ready for the possible scuffle that they would have. Moving her gaze at the surrounding streets Aiko frowned. Where were Sayuri, Neji Uchiha and Tatsuya Hon? From the way how the others had arrived it was clear that they hadn't come as one group, which wasn't entirely bad.
"Listen up," Aiko said in a harsh tone as she wouldn't move her gaze from the grim scene around them, "As you notice there is some chaos going on right now. What caused it isn't what we are going to worry about now. I want you to spread over the surrounding streets and apprehend anybody who is breaking the law. From stealing to abusing another person. I prefer we don't use lethal violence if we can avoid it, but the aim is to take down figures who are causing chaos or even perhaps provoking others to join. This should allow the local authorities to tackle the problem better. Stay on channel B and report in when you're a pinch."

Throwing a look over her shoulder the woman frowned at the small group. She wanted to look where the missing genin was but there was no time for that and they had to just to fend for themselves now. Little she could do when the city in its current state - suffering riots all over the place. "Hiraku and Tomiko, you stick together. I and Kazumo will take the street to the right and try to work towards point Lee. Remember? It is the rooftop position north from here. If someone or something is barring the way then report it. Kazumo," Aiko gesturing to the genin to lead the way as she started to vanish with the rain.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Cornered?, turquoise]

Kiyomi Homura I
| Akinian Empress | Akinian empire, Fire province, abandoned facility |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She pretty much ignored the question and talk, expecting that the group would move with her. The fact that the Chimera had suffered in its last moments quite a lot didn't faze Kiyomi. If the situation had been reversed she doubted that they would've been given any mercy from the strange creature. However, another voice spoke up that made her halt. Staring in front of her as the voice continued Kiyomi slowly clenched her left hand into a fist. There was no need to look behind her or to guess who the masculine voice belonged to.

Slowly Kiyomi threw a look over her shoulder to at least have the governor and ex-Hokage in view. "Lord Governor, what a surprise," Kiyomi said in a calm tone, though there was a clear sliver of anger moving through the teen's voice. There was for a brief moment that the air seemed to be much heavier, almost suffocating. Not that it would last for long as Kiyomi frowned upon the fact that Hisoka stated he insisted her on stopping.

"Uchiha-san, I understand the concern but I suspect that you know that I am not going to just stop here. Not unless I can't find answers up ahead from the possible intact logs that still remain in this place." Kiyomi said, carefully phrasing her answer in a calm and respectful tone. While Hisoka seemed to be alone Kiyomi wasn't certain. Once you had dealt with her you couldn't be certain if she was in the shadows or not. Narrowing her eyes she half turned around to better face the man that was opposed that she continued.

"Besides, who else would go on ahead to investigate the possible information we can find about the Earth Grudge Fear?" She asked, shooting Saki a look. While Kiyomi was confident that she could have taken on Hisoka, perhaps having some chance of defeating or at least making Hisoka back down, there were a few problematic factors. One of them was that she was dealing with that she had only half her chakra reserves available. Then the dilemma if Meisa was or wasn't around, which would really smash the chance of continuing on. As her doubt grew Kiyomi threw a quick look at the present genin. It would be also troubling if they would decide to side with the governor or be used against her to stop.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Ramen and corpses, gold]
Kimi and Nami having a meeting,
A collab made by Fieryfly and Lesli.

Summary :
Nami has been requested to visit Kimi's office. The Spymaster of the Republic is just about to enjoy some ramen, but the two exchange into some talk about corpses and few other topics. In the end, Nami leaves with a new assignment while Kimi seems to be slight upset about her ramen.

[spoili]
It had been a while since Nami had stood before this door. There were no fond memories attached to that day, yet Nami didn't regret any actions she had taken. Would she have to redo those things again she would do them, because that was what Father had told her. Yet Nami found herself clenching her hands together as she approached the door and it took some effort to unclasp them and use one of them to knock on the wood. As the sound echoed through the hall Nami remained completely silent before the door. She took a deep breath, pushed away the feelings that had come to the survace. She was here on duty and she would preform to her utmost capabilities.

It took a moment before a voice spoke up from the other side of the door. "Come in," the voice replied to the knocking in a most cheerful and polite tone. Kimi was sitting behind her desk and there were a few reports neatly stacked upon each other on one side of her desk. However, the woman was clearly not working at the current moment as a small bowl of ramen took the place in front of the woman. The person in charge of the Intelligence Division and ANBU was just about to enjoy some lunch in her office and being in a good mood - as far as the eye could see. Spotting who entered her office Kimi blinked twice rapidly as if she was surprised that Nami had entered the office.

"What a pleasant surprise," Kimi said, flashing a wide smile towards the genin. "You," she said while using one of the chop sticks to point at Nami, "Have been one busy bee! Sneaking around, being in places and awake at times that nobody would expect from a genin. Exciting people to work with if I am not mistaken." The woman briefly paused, throwing a look down at her food. Making the decision to not burn her mouth at the warm food, Kimi placed down her chopsticks as she kept smiling. "Care to tell me what you think of the fact that somebody reported to have found corpses being smuggled into the city and then vanish?"

Without hesitation Nami opened the door and stepped inside, pulling the doorhandle close behind her. The woman before her seemed... strangely upbeat. Very different from the person she had seen before. That didn't matter though. Nami took a couple of steps towards the bureau and then made a deep bow. As she raised herself up again from that position Kimi was pointing a chopstick at her while talking about Nami's missions. Waiting for a question to come, because inevitably there would be a question somewhere she had to answer, Nami kept her face blank and her thoughts empty. When the question came however, Nami had to think. What did she think of the whole report?

"I think that someone must have realised that the corpses that were smuggled in - for whatever reason - had been found. And then made sure to get rid of them before anyone else could see them. That, or the person who reported on the corpses was lying. Even though I find that to be unlikely it is not something I would exclude as being possible, ma'am."

Hearing out Nami the woman would lean forward, her elbows on the table while her hands supported the woman's head. The cheerful attitude didn't diminish by the current topic or the answer of the genin. Only change in the woman's features were her eyebrows slightly perking up. "Interesting," she mumbled the sole word. "Hmmm, but corpses? Wouldn't it make more sense to smuggle them out? What use can corpses have, Nami-chan?~" The woman asked in a sweet tone. A smile started to dawn back on Kimi's lips as she seemed to be quite amused with the questions she was throwing at the genin.

"Yes, it would, ma'am," Nami said with a nod. She had been thinking about this as soon as Aya said she found the corpses. What did anyone in the city need corpses for? What did anyone in general need corpses for? So far the only thing she knew that you did with corpses was bury them and then never look at them again. "I guess corpses could function as a good... distraction for something?" she offered a guess though she didn't think it was a very good one. That seemed to random of a choice for a distraction.

"Bingo! Oh, you're such a clever little kunoichi!" Kimi responded, briefly raising her head and clapping her hands. Rising up from her seat the woman placed her hands on her back as she lowered her head as if she was heavily pondering on the current topic. "But know what is really interesting? Corpses have information. You can identify a person from their faces, obviously. Being dead doesn't really change a lot. At least," a soft giggle escaped the woman as she shook her head, "If not too much time has passed. But there is more. When a person dies their chakra doesn't vanish instantly. It is like how blood doesn't cool down without some time passing by. You're a sensor, aren't you?" Kimi asked, but wouldn't wait for an answer from the genin, continue to rant on. "You use chakra to pick up information from other chakra signatures that are in range of your technique. Information is hidden and stored in chakra. And if somebody is able to pry into that then corpses are nothing more than books. Stinking, rotting books. Not really a great topic before lunch, but I shall just have to deal with that."

A sigh escaped Kimi as she turned towards Nami, her head slightly tilting to the right. "Now that we have figured that out, where would you hide corpses... or books that have information you don't want to share?" The woman asked, the smile of before once more dawning on her lips.

Nami wondered if she should say thanks for the compliment she just received, but it felt rude to interupt and before she had time to properly think about it, Kimi had already moved way past the subject. It felt even sillier to acknowledge a compliment from a minute or so back. So Nami just didn't say anything as she listened to Kimi's explanation. And apparently the woman knew that Nami was a sensor. Honestly, she wasn't surprised. Father and Kimi were good friends, or so she had understood. It made sense that the woman knew everything about her. Another question.

"I would either destroy them to keep the information from falling in anyone's hands or," Nami said as she thought about it, Or I would hide it in a place that is hard to access for most people. Preferably a place of which the enemy things it is safe, a place they would never consider."

Nodding as Nami answered Kimi started to pace back and forth. Luckily her office provided enough room to allow her to do so without getting close to Nami. "Very clever. A place they would never consider. Bit unfair, don't you say? Not sharing information." For a moment the cheerful attitude seemed to vanish as Kimi pondered, a frown appearing on the brow of the spymaster. "I have a new job for you Nami!"

Turning to the genin the smile and cheerful attitude was back. "This will be a real tough mission, but I need you to find hints. I am sure that you're clever enough to know who you can perhaps ask for help, but!" Raising her right index finger the smile vanished as Kimi seemed to become serious. At least, a bit more as the tone of the woman seemed to be stuck on cheerful. "You can only ask people that will either say nothing to others or that you can get rid of. Don't want to share super secret... corpses with anybody, not without being too certain or after having read them. If you manage to do this I will make somebody teach you how to... read information like that. Wouldn't you like to have such an ability? Am certain Father would be pleased if you would be able to get really, really useful information.~"

It was so difficult to get a read on this woman, Nami decided as she held her rigid position with her arms behind her back. A new mission, finally they were getting to the point of the meeting. Nami doubted that the question Kimi asked where of actual importance, or at least she doubted that they actually contributed to something. Surely Kimi must already have thought of the answers that she had given. Maybe it was another test of some sorts.

As she listened to the mission orders Nami nodded along. Find clues. Presumably clues on these dead bodies. Don't get people involved that cannot be trusted, which was a grave limitation because Nami generally don't trusted anyone with mission information. It was usually not hers to share after all. And if she performed well she would get to learn something. Something that Father would definitely find useful. That sounded like a good deal to Nami. Besides even without the offered rewards she would have done the mission. But this was a nice added bonus. "Yes, ma'am. I will take that job and perform it to the best of my abilities." She made a short bow as she said that.

"Glad to be able to... trust you Nami.~" The woman said in a playful tone. Walking to her seat Kimi sat down. Picking up the chopsticks she pondered on something. "Oh, how could I have forgotten it! That friend of yours isn't in active service anymore," Kimi started on a casual tone starting to use her chopsticks to inspect her ramen. It was still quite warm from what she could gather. "What was his name again? Interesting record, really interesting that is what I do recall quite well. Worked as insider for the Revolution, did you know that? Oh yes! The little brother of the jounin commander. The one you have been seeing. Do you like him?~" Kimi asked, flashing a smile towards Nami.

For a moment she was thouroughly confused. Her friend no longer in active service? Who was she...? And then it dawned on her. Kimi was talking about Daiki. Daiki who had lost his hearing and who she had been hanging out with to teach him sign language just because... it was fun. It was a strange thing having fun like that. She hadn't seen him in a while, but she had simply attributed that to the fact that he was possibly on a mission. But she should have guessed. Being unable to hear things as a shinobi made everything really difficult in the field. Sign language wouldn't help that. Nothing would. She found herself feeling strangely sad about the idea that he had been demoted though. And then Kimi revealed another piece of information. Daiki had an older brother. She knew that. Who that was she had never asked, because what were the chances of her knowing him and what did it matter. But apparently she should have asked, because clearly Daiki's brother was her former teacher Takeshi Shun. She honestly didn't know what that information meant. Not much. People didn't get to chose their families and, truth to be told, Nami liked Takeshi. He was lazy, but he was kind in a way she didn't quite understand.

Did she like Daiki? The question stopped her thoughts. She did not understand. "I have been helping Daiki to learn sign language so that hopefully he will be better at communicating with others in the future. I consider him a friend. I like him as a friend."

Blowing gently towards the ramen in a weak attempt to cool down the food Kimi didn't remove her gaze from the genin. A smile returned on the lips before she let out a soft laugh. One that didn't seem to be in place, even though the attitude of the woman didn't change. "That is good. Friends can be really great to have. But losing them is another thing. Wouldn't it be a pain to not able to continue teach this Daiki sign language?" The woman asked, a glint appearing in her eyes.

"It would be unfortunate," Nami said evenly. "He is getting quite good at it and might he die it would have been all a waste of time." The thought of Daiki dying was strange. They hadn't met that often but at the same time the meetings they had had, had been fun. While she knew that death was always around for shinobi she didn't wish it for him. "It would sadden me," she said to conclude.

A silence followed Nami's word as Kimi seemed to ponder on the answer of the genin. "Good! Well, I wish you luck on your new adventure. Do watch out cause I can't always keep an eye on you. Not that it will stop me from trying.~" The woman winked towards Nami before making a dismissive gesture. Turning her focus on her food Kimi pouted as she discovered that the ramen hadn't really cooled enough to be eaten without waiting another minute or two.

Again Nami was not sure what to reply to that. Should she express her gratitude that Kimi attempted to look out for her? Or should she thank her for the luck wishing? In the end she again ended up saying nothing. Instead, she bowed, turned, walked to the door and opened it. As she walked though and turned around to close the thing she saw Kimi frowning over her food. She wondered if the Spy Master was ever going to eat the ramen at all.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Innocent or deserved? - Part I, green]
Harumi Uchiha,

| ANBU | Akinian Empire | Keishi, South of the city centre |

Harumi sighed. She crouched near the body of the large man. The pale face and the expression was one of true fear. One that made her wonder who or what had managed to cause such a big guy and infamous local criminal to end up like this.
"No chakra is present, but he can't be dead for more than four hours."

Harumi slightly turned her head to throw a sideways look at the sensor. The ANBU waited for orders that wouldn't come as Harumi examined the body of the Bull. She forgot the real name he had and wondered once more who had come for the criminal. And not to mention the odd timing that the man had been taken care off before she and her ANBU had decided to talk with the man. Was there an insider in her group or perhaps after Team 7's visit the zealots had decided to get rid of the Bull? There were a lot of scenarios and none appealed to her taste.
Half closing her eyes Harumi wondered what she should do now. Clearly, a lot of information was getting lost these days. And they had already two captives. One being more troublesome to contain than the other, but they were managing so far.

"Well, guess this is it. Let's round up and prepare to move home." Harumi said in a calm tone. Rising up from the crouched stance she briefly wondered what to do with the body of the Bull. It was impossible to not let the news slipped that the man had been murdered but Harumi doubted it was a rarity in the circles in which the Bull had taken comfort in. The shame was that they couldn't read the man's last thoughts and memory if there was no chakra present anymore in his system. Without that, it would just be poking a corpse with a stick and hoping for a reaction.

The door opened. A sound that made him shoot up in his seat. Already turning his head to try to face the direction Ezuri imagined he felt a presence. Biting his lower lip he tried to not to tremble.
"Hello?"

"Good, you're awake," was the answer. The voice already made Ezuri only more afraid as it was the same before. Who had promised that he wouldn't be hurt. Only to feel a pain that he couldn't describe. What they were doing or planning with him was something he couldn't fathom. Perhaps if he had paid more attention when Kensuke had aimed to train him he would know what to do. His train of thoughts was disturbed, however, as a sharp pain moved through his right arm. Gasping for air he heard the voice now whispering.

"Do you want to die?"

"N-No..."

"Good. Then I hope you can run fast in a bit."

Watching from her place of the rooftop Harumi saw how the boy started to run. His features being pale and movement somewhat lanky. Probably the product of being strapped to a chair several days and the adrenaline mixing in with panic. Several times he threw a look over his shoulder as he navigated through the streets.

"Let's begin." Harumi mumbled as she narrowed her eyes behind her mask. While the rest would head back to the capital she decided that she would try something out. It wasn't like the Hyuuga had any information left to spill for them as Harumi had ordered one of her ANBU to search the mind of the boy completely. Even for matters that seemed trivial. Now? The plan was to make the little pig run and hopefully lure out the same person who had taken out the Bull.

It wasn't like somebody was going to mourn a traitor possibly finding his end in some abandoned alley, being ripped from the world of the living anyways.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Regret, wheat]

What is thicker?
Friendship or marriage?

A collab done by Sketching and Gerontis.

Summary :
Having managed to secure their goal Koike Hon, Shizu Sarutobi and Katsu Uchiha attempt to disable the hostile contacts that are near the residence of Eiji Emiya. While a bitter fight breaks out between the 'stranger' and the
nin they manage to drive it away. At a terrible price, it seems.

[spoili]
The stranger came to a slow halt, observing the ambush for a moment. As another step was taken and it was clear that the stranger was about to pick up his pace to join the violence something would stop the stranger in his tracks. Moving out of the shadows in a dash Koike's sword was drawn and swung in an attempt to sever the hamstrings of the stranger. As the sharp edge moved through the air it wasn't able to hit the target as the stranger moved aside to dodge the blow. Noticing that the stranger raised his right hand with the club Koike narrowed his eyes.

Katsu came out of the shadows on the wall and landed on the front of the club, kicking off to stop the attack. As he moved back through the air, he threw forward two paper shuriken. As they neared the man, they both ignited and blew up. The push from the explosion threw Katsu back into the wall, where he disappeared once again.

As he hadn't secured a good footing, Koike felt how his body was slammed backwards. No attempts were made to make himself to a halt as he neared the nearby wall with his back. Instead of a violent smack against the stone wall, he would slide at a rapid speed into the shadows. The thrown up dust and debris by the small explosives would reveal the stranger unharmed - save it for the decimated wooden club on the ground - standing on the same position. The stranger threw a look at the other site where the direwolves and the Sarutobi Shizu were finishing off the last thugs.

The stranger turned, but out of the shadows a kunai was thrown with wire attached to the loophole at the hilt of the weapon. Throwing a look over his shoulder the stranger didn't move as the weapon would wrap the wire around his right wrist. Instead the stranger would grab the wire and pull hard, causing Koike to fall out of the shadow on his stomach.

The younger nin emerged from the ground in front of Koike with one of his swords drawn, cutting the wire and throwing two knives at the stranger. The wire cut made the stranger turn towards the two persistent attackers. The thrown knives didn't seem to do any damage as they bounced off the surface from their marks. Clearly done with the two the stranger ran towards the two, his right hand clenched into a fist as an intense cold start to spread into the streets.

Getting up Koike would pull out a kunai as he tried to catch his breath. His heart started to skip beats, but the determination to win this time against that thing together with the frustration and anger of before pushed him to hold his ground.

"Let's throw him off," Katsu said, the color of his eyes turning into a dark red. Reversing his grip on his sword, the young nin rushed forward towards the stranger, jumping in for an attack.To which their foe would ready himself to take the attack. Bracing for the impact the stranger would already ready his left hand, clearly in wait to grab hold of the tenacious Uchiha nin. Just outside of arm's reach in mid air, a strong, concentrated gust of wind escaped from under the sole of Katsu's foot, pushing him back from up high. The foe clearly was surprised as his gaze followed the Uchiha. Before he could lower his eyes and see where the Hon was a loud thud rang through the air.

The point of the kunai shot a heavy vibration down Koike's arm as he would then attempt to grab the opponent with his free hand while pulling the kunai back to defend himself against any counter. There had been a faint hope that he would be perhaps able to lay some damage on their opponent with a heavy strike, but it was clear that wasn't going to work at all. Before Koike could grab the opponent his left wrist was grabbed instead as an intense cold started to crawl under his skin. Gritting his teeth, Koike would attempt to get a grip back on his opponent.

As Katsu's feet touched the wall, he looked over at the two. He pushed off again with the help of a gust of wind, lunging at the figure with incredible speed until he came to an abrupt, painful halt. The other hand of the stranger had caught Katsu by his shoulder, holding the younger nin up. Looking over his shoulder a soft grumble escaped the stranger. Turning around, the strength and speed of the stranger were once more shown as both Koike and Katsu would be thrown towards the window of Eiji's neighbour house.

The large window shattered as the two fell through, the shattered glasses hitting the wall violently with a strong gust of wind. Katsu hit his back on the wall, falling on his knees, rubbing his neck, coughing. While Koike would be slammed against the couch. A loud groan followed as the young man felt pain rushing through his body. An attempt was made to scramble up, but it wouldn't succeed. Just as Koike wanted to glance how his friend was doing he heard something. Glass cracking as the stranger hopped inside the house. Flexing his right hand the stranger would walk towards Katsu.

Katsu quickly pushed himself to his feet, grumbling. "You big... stupid..." He pressed one leg against the wall and unsheathed a sword. He pushed off the wall with a wind boost and disappeared into the shadow across the narrow corridor, to appear behind the figure, out of the same wall, swinging the sword towards the head. A loud thud rang through the air as the sword slammed against the head. It only caused the head to lean a bit away before the stranger would reach out and grab Katsu. Before it could attempt to throw the Uchiha once more away Koike attempted to attack it from the side, coming in with a kunai. Hitting the figure in the back, a heavy vibration moved down Koike's arm. Giving just a moment for Katsu to do something as the stranger threw a glance at the Hon.

As he got grabbed, Katsu's legs went up and wrapped around the figure's arm, trying to give it pressure to bend as he stabbed down at the inside of the elbow of the figure, leaving his weight back, causing the stranger to softly grumble as he almost lost his stability for a second. Raising up his free arm the stranger attempt to grab the tenacious Uchiha, only to feel another weight preventing that. Holding the stranger firmly by the wrist Koike would attempt a kick to the stranger's side as a sensation moved from his left hand. Causing the stranger to resist heavier than before. "Gotcha. Katsu, try to hold him." Koike grumbled, avoiding being kicked as the stranger also attempt to swing his restricted arm to shake the Uchiha off. As the arm shook more, Katsu let go of the sword and instead used his hands to help with what his legs were doing, leaning further out back to pull the figure down. "Trying!"

A loud hiss was being produced by the stranger. Tightening his grip on the wrist of their opponent Koike kept leeching chakra and judging on how it was reacting, it was working. Only just a moment later after that thought a deafening screech would be produced, which caused Koike to take a few steps back with attempting to cover his ears. The stranger would attempt to grab Katsu as an intense cold would start to spread from the boy's legs.

Katsu flinched as he heard the noise, and he hit the ground as he felt his will to fight sapped. After a moment, he forced his arm out to reach for the sword he'd dropped, grabbing it as tightly as he could. He swung it at the figure frustratedly.

The figure didn't seem to be fazed by the armed chuunin, approaching it one more time. This time the stranger was breathing more heavily as the chakra aura was showing some cracks. Before it could attempt to attack Katsu a few projectiles of crystal hit the back of the stranger. Moving into the home, Shizu already had a few other crystal shuriken in her hands. Throwing the weapons at the inside of the knee and neck the thrown objects would just shatter as the stranger didn't seem to mind the nuisance much.

As the figure turned his attention away, Katsu jumped up to his feet. "Get out of the way!" He threw two paper shuriken at the walls next to the figure and brought his hands together with a jump back. The shuriken ignited as the small gust of wind reached it. The walls broke down with a large sound, bringing part of the ceiling right on top of where the stranger was standing.

Both Shizu as Koike moved back as quick as they could as the ceiling dropped on the stranger. A hiss was being overwhelmed by the sound of debris and dust falling down. Looking at the pile of rubble Koike let out a soft sigh. "Good work." He said, throwing a look in Katsu's direction. The painful aftermath of the screech still hadn't vanished but he was glad that the stranger was at least buried now. "Okay, seems we're done here." Koike grumbled as the pile of rubble didn't seem to move after a few moments. Katsu stood outside of the dust, panting and coughing. He reached his chakra out, trying to sense what was left of the creature. "Koike, he's doing something!"

Twisting his head to look at the rubble something shot out of it. A tendril that seemed to be made of obisdian crawled out of it and managed to reach to Shizu, who had thrown a look to see if there was something going on outside. The soft sound of crystal being broken was mixed with a gasp from Shizu as the tendril shot into her back, spreading the familiar cold in the room. Reaching out for his blade Koike used his free hand to point at the rubble. "Keep an eye on that thing!" The order was quickly followed up by Koike attempting to slash the tendril.

His hand shakily grasping his sword, Katsu stared at the tendril, confused. His eyes moved quickly back to the rubble. He took a deep breath, and tightened his grasp, staring at the pile of concrete and stone.
Letting the blade mow down towards the tendril Koike frowned. The steel managed to cut clean through it, but the following effect wasn't what he expected. Glancing at Shizu he noticed how the remaining dark material seemed to twist and move into the young woman. The other side slithered back as a soft whispering would resonate through Katsu and Koike's mind.

Katsu took a few steps closer, reaching out to feel the stranger's chakra again, only to sense nothing. He turned over to the other two, and just as he was about to say something, he noticed a vague change around Shizu.

Utterly confused by what was going on Koike straightend his back and threw a look at Katsu, wanting to speak up. Oblivious to the attack that was about to hit him from the back. Just as Shizu was near landing the attack, Katsu's foot connected with her face, sending her off with wind strengthening the push. The young woman would be sent backwards by the kick, the crystal knife falling out of her hand. Surprised Koike frowned as he tried to process what just had happened. Not wanting to turn his back to the pile of rubble he spoke up. "Not sure what you two are up to, but what the devil are you guys doing?" He said, trying to divide his attention between his assigned team and the rubble.

"She was gonna stab you," Katsu snapped back, drawing his sword. "There's something wrong with her chakra system. And--" A few crystal shuriken would be formed and almost thrown instantly by the young woman at the two. Forced to evade the objects Koike quickly stepped backwards. "Great. Did the other leave or die?" Koike asked, still not trusting the pile of rubble as Shizu quickly moved up after her attack. Katsu moved out of the way as well, skidding across the ground. "I think he left. He's not there anymore," the boy said, turning towards the young woman.

The young woman rolled her shoulders as she eyed the two other quickly. "Well, that is one problem somewhat dealt with. Now, what about her?" Koike asked, readying his blade for the next possible attack. Considering the fact that Shizu was a crystal release user didn't really comfort Koike much. Perhaps it was just a temporary state in which the woman was in? "Okay, let's try to get her into a genjutsu." Just as he finished those words the young woman would start to weave some handsignals.

"Got it." Katsu rushed forward, closing in, staring up at her face to lock eyes as he switched his grip on his sword. Crouching after weaving three handsignals Shizu placed her left hand on the ground. Crystal shot out of the ground, sharp thorns starting to grow at a rapid speed towards Katsu and Koike. Moving out of the way, by a quick roll to the left, Koike would attempt to throw a knife - aimed at the left knee of the young woman. Katsu leapt up high, tossing three knives with his free hand as he moved through the air.

The knives would hit their mark, but seemed to do little to make the young woman stop. The crystal thorns would be redirected as both hands of Shizu would be placed on the ground. Noticing the rapid growing thorns heading his way, Koike attempted to move backwards while holding his blade in the way. Another path of thorns wouldn't go forward, but shot up in attempt to harm Katsu.

Just as the thorns emerged, Katsu pushed his feet forward, expelling a burst of air as he had to jump earlier, slowing him just enough to land on the side of the thorns instead of the edges. He quickly made his way around the thorns and leapt at Shizu. The woman seemed to have some trouble as if she was trying to resist her own movements. Pouring more chakra in the thorn technique, chakra from the thorn which Katsu had pushed himself forwards started to rapidly grown a thorn to attempt to stab Katsu in the back. However, before it could form a threat a small arc of chakra flashed by. Slicing through the crystal the chakr arc would move on as the source, Koike, would quickly move aside to avoid being skewered by a thorn that shot forwards in his direction.

Just as Katsu landed in front of Shizu, she swung her large umbrella, but the boy was able to parry under it. Right as the umbrella passed, Katsu looked up, gazing into her eyes for a brief moment before jumping up to attempt to kick the side of her head. While the young woman attempted to move to not get kicked, something seemed off. Her eyes widened just before the kick of Katsu landed, making her land hard on her back.

"Nicely done." Koike said, glad that Shizu was on her back. The crystal thorns stopped growing but he didn't yet store away his sword. "Can you attempt to restrict her?" He asked his friend, making his way towards the other two.

The young nin sheathed his sword and nodded. "Got it!" He brought his hands to each of the other's wrists and pulled them apart. As the young woman tried to get up, whirring sounds came from all around her before a sharp, tight sensation would squeeze her limbs to her body. "I think we're done!"

Nodding as he would sheath away his sword a sigh escaped Koike. He briefly took a look at the damage. It was clear that this was going to cost, but as long as nobody could blame them then he wouldn't worry too much about it. "Let's get going back. Preferably without a lot of people seeing us before we are needed to cover the damage." He said, raising his right thumb to point at the still present crystal. "Not to mention that I wonder what the hell is wrong..." He frowned, throwing a look at Shizu. Unable to see how the young woman clenched her right fist tighter while shifting the weight on her right leg. From behind Koike the crystal started to morph, without much of a warning a thorn would move in a quick speed towards the back of the young man. Just as Katsu was about to say something, he found himself next to Koike with his sword drawn, his recollection of the previous moment completely gone. The crystal had stopped growing an inch away from Koike's spine. The boy stood there, unmoving for several seconds before looking around him. The blade fell out of his shaking hands, as he felt the weight of his fatigue drag him down on his back.

Koike's eyes widened as he couldn't understand what just happened. His gaze traveled to look sideways as he saw how the steel moved through the air, guided by Katsu's hand. Ending with slicing the throat of the woman in front of him. Frozen he wasn't sure what to do as it all unfold right in front of him. The first thought that finally moved through his mind as the blade fell out of Katsu's hand was that it had to be a genjutsu. As he turned half to take away from his friend, unsure what just had transpired his eyes caught the grown thorn. Throwing a look back at Shizu Koike's expression steeled. Swallowing he would throw one more look at his friend before kneeling next to Shizu. Slowly moving his right hand to check for a pulse as blood stopped flowing out of the wound he could confirm that she was dead. Moving his gloved hand a bit above Koike shut her eyes as he sighed out loud. Pulling his hand back he wasn't sure for a moment what to do. He checked the wound one more time, but it was clear that the cut had gone deep if it had ended her life this soon. Being aware of what this could mean Koike threw a look over his shoulder to his exhausted friend. Rising up the young man would bring his hands together. A shadow clone would poof right next to Koike.

Turning around, he would kneel next to Katsu. "Time to get going." He said, his voice sounding cold and stern. After sheathing the sword for his friend Koike would pick the chuunin up. Throwing a look as his shadow clone would pick up Shizu he would go the other direction.

He would report later to Aiko, once being sure that he could do so in peace.
[/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Lollipops, Orange"]
Yamada Suzu "Rabbit" | Sworn Sword | Grass Province Capital
A lollipop in her mouth, the silver haired woman casually strolled into the capital of the Grass Province. It wasn't anything outstanding to look upon, but it certainly wasn't a hole of filth. Quite the contrary actually, the buildings were all in good condition, the few roads that were paved were obviously scrutinized as far as maintenance was concerned, and the streets themselves were quite busy. Carriages and street vendors lined the edges of the roads as people unloaded and loaded goods, attempted to sell their wares, and simply made their way from one place to another. Suzu would have likely mistaken it for Konoha at first glance if she didn't know exactly where she was.

As she walked she felt the presence of more than just a random street-goer approaching from behind. Without looking back in their direction she continued to press farther into the Capital.

"Rabbit I take it?" came a voice from her side. Without looking his in direction she quietly answered, "Would seem so. Anywhere in particular you'd like to go?" she asked. He nodded and she followed the Zero team member dressed in plain clothing into a hotel on the left. It was a tall building, painted in a light shade of purple that didn't exactly assault the eyes but it didn't do it very much justice either.

Inside the Zero Team member casually strolled up to the clerk behind the check-in desk and struck up a conversation about him and his wife's honeymoon to the Grass Province capital, Suzu attempted to look as love struck as she could as she walked up along side her "husband", planting herself against his side and putting on her best fake blush she giggled and waved a hand at the Zero Team member as he talked about how lucky a man he was and how he wanted to treat his princess. It did the trick and the young clerk popped open a small case and produced a small amount of paperwork.

"Just sign here, and the penthouse sweet is yours for as long as you need. Do be warned though it's a bit pricey." the young boy said as he pushed the papers forward. "We've got ourselves in a good spot as far as finances go, right honey?" the Zero Team member gloated as he patted Suzu on her stomach.

"Of course darling! I just wish we'd had more time to travel a bit farther." she said as she buried her face in his shoulder while at the same time jabbing her knuckles into his back.

Standing a bit taller, the Zero Team member reached for the pen and quickly filled out the paper work before pulling his "wife" toward the elevator. From behind them the clerk called out, "Do be warned! Quiet hours begin at 2200!" Suzu turned to the young boy and replied with a smile "Oh don't worry boy, you'll never know what's happening we'll be so quiet!" as she tossed a lollipop back at his desk, she noticed his face had turned a dark shade of crimson, 'So young that boy' she thought as the elevator doors shut.
Suzu was sprawled out on the bed of the penthouse, with the Zero Team member on the window sill just two meters away, "Get this over with quick. Two weeks of walking has got me a bit exhausted." she said to her "husband".

He stopped scanning the rooftops and turned to Suzu, "Well first off your target, as you no doubt already know, is Wakaizumi Toyoshige. A rather rich and powerful owner of a large trade company. He's harboring some not-so-nice views on the current ruling of the Empire, and if allowed to continue breathing will likely leave more than discontent citizens in his wake. Think bodies, maybe a rebellion if he gets ambitious enough. Political stuff, we're not too sure his exact goal but it's nothing the Empire will do well with if he succeeds." the Zero Team member said as he waved a hand at the capital outside the window.

"That big building over there..." he pointed at an ornate building with columns and a large arched door easily distinguishable from blocks away, "... is the building your mark is holding a charity banquet in. 'Raising money for the poor and unfortunate' is what he said, but really it's to win over some more nobles and the like to his side." the Zero Team member rolled his eyes and continued.

"We've got two covers setup for you. First is as a waitress, simple really. Hide in plain sight, slip him a poisoned drink and no one will know the better. There will be plenty of waiters and waitresses present and he'll no doubt take drinks and food from many of them so the risk is practically zero. But of course the risk is still there." the Zero Team member moved from his spot on the window sill and sat at the foot of the bed facing the living room of the penthouse, "Second is we continue this charade as husband and wife, Nobles from a Southern City. Get in close, express our want to support him, and propose a toast. Same goes for this approach, plenty of toasts will be had so no one will think it queer if we offer him one of our drinks for it." the Zero Team member flopped onto his back at the foot of the bed and tilted his head back toward Suzu, "The choice is yours."

Looking down at the Zero Team member she took a moment to think it over, "If you leave and never come back here, that clerk at the front desk will start asking questions, and I don't want to have to deal with breaking my cover over something as small as no longer being around my new husband." she droned, "So Nobles from the South we are. Did you think far enough ahead to pick out a suit and dress for the occasion?"

The Zero Team member smiled up at Suzu, "Of course, we're not complete idiots." he said as he sat up. "So does that mean we get to spend a romantic honeymoon night together?"

Suzu flatly laughed at the Zero Team members advance before speaking, "My name's Suzu, and you're definitely sleeping on the couch."
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox='Shikaroku Nara | Konoha Genin, Purple']
Choices...

Preparing to move out once again, Shikaroku felt a shift in the room and looked up swiftly, the sight before him causing the genin to pause. His hand had dropped to his weapons pouch instinctively but Shikaroku stopped when he saw the man who now stood in the middle of the room. Governor Hisoka...?

His eyes narrowed, a mixture of confusion, doubt and fear clouding over him. Hisoka Uchiha was a man he had heard a lot about. A man his father respected greatly and a man whose accomplishments spoke for themselves. Him being here... it could mean several things, but the feeling growing in the pit of Shikaroku's stomach was warning him to stay wary.

As Hisoka spoke, Shikaroku could feel the shift in air around them. Glancing towards Kiyomi, it was clear that the tension in the room was rising. So, Hisoka wanted them to stop. To give up on their mission. Kiyomi's response made it clear that she had no inclination to follow such an order. And really... could the Governor order the Empress?

His confusion growing, Shikaroku glanced between the two of them. Wondering what he had gotten himself into, the Nara silently cursed. If Kiyomi wished to continue then he was bound by his own oath to follow her. To do his part in ensuring that the mission was a success. With the arrival of Hisoka, however, things became infinitely more complicated.

The Governor was a figure of authority. One that he respected a great deal and one who he did not have any urge to fight. However, Shikaroku did not know what level of authority the Governor really held over the Empress. Did he have the ability to order the Empress to stop? Shikaroku had known all along that this mission was not exactly 'by the books.' But to openly defy a direct order from a superior... that was something he was not sure he could do...

Biting his lip, Shikaroku found his hands coming together to form the seal for his Shadow Imitation technique. He made no movement with his shadow, not yet, but the Nara wanted to be prepared. A sudden thought forced its way to the front of his mind and Shikaroku glanced quickly back towards the Governor.

"With respect... How do we know that you are truly Governor Uchiha?" Shikaroku asked, trying to keep the tremor out of his voice. "We've already seen one creature that could shift its form down here. What's to say this isn't just another trick?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Another shadow?!, chocolate]

Saki Yamanaka

| Spc. Jounin | Konohagakure Team 6 | Captain-Major of the Guardians | Second-in-command of the Tiger Claws | Akinian Empire, Fire Province in an underground (abandoned research) facility

While she readied herself as soon as a man appeared in the middle of their wide-spread formation Saki already pulled out two knives. She aimed for the man's left shoulder but didn't initiate combat right away. The person wasn't just an enemy, but had the appearance of the Yondaime Hokage and thus the current governor of the Fire province. Quite the person to meet in such a place. That didn't mean, however, that she trusted that this was the real Hisoka Uchiha, a renown and revered shinobi of the empire.

While the man and Kiyomi exchanged some words Saki would consider an approach. She was well aware of her position and their situation and if it would come to blows she didn't doubt that the man could quickly put her down if she would just allow one small opening. This was a shinobi that was way out of her calibre and even with the likes of Kiyomi in support Saki wasn't sure how big their chance was. A blank expression stayed plastered on the features of the Yamanaka as she 'charged' her two weapons with chakra. She couldn't help but feel somewhat intimidated by the prospect alone of facing somebody that was on the level of the Third.
As Shikaroku spoke up, Saki half closed her eyes. She knew that this was likely the person that Zakito had spoken about. Who else could tip at a kage in the current corps in the empire? Lowering her left hand Saki would sheath the knife in order to use her sensory ninjutsu. Validating the chakra signature of the Uchiha was done in a split second, but there was something disturbing to his shadow. Frowning Saki lowered her gaze to the man's shadow. There was a person hiding in the shadow, but it was different than the Shadow Step technique from what Saki could tell.

"It is no disguise," Saki spoke up with a calm tone. Lowering the remaining knife she held at the ready Saki let out a soft sigh. Aware of what the following words could cause she was hoping that it was something she could mend in the future.
"Your grace, the Lord Commander tasked me with leaving some traces for two of his best operatives to follow us. I know that you wouldn't appreciate it, but if the Lord Governor requests us to come back, then maybe it is best to not make it more... complicated," Saki said, "Seeing what lurks here, I don't think this is the place for genin to accompany us, your grace."

A sting of pain already moved through Saki as she was aware of what this could do to Kiyomi's trust. Keeping her sensory ninjutsu up for any nasty surprises as well holding a knife at the ready in the palm of her other hand Saki shifted her gaze to Kiyomi to see what the latter would decide.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Fieryfly and Nim
[fieldbox="Heading out, skyblue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Ryu Uchiha | Amegakure Team 11 Genin | Amegakure

Keeping an eye on Sachi, Ryu wondered what she should do to make the house more secure. To prevent something else from breaking in and stealing Sachi, or worse. However, the genin did not get much time to consider things as the sounds of fighting outside seemed to escalate. Hearing the sounds of something exploded, Ryu felt herself jump backwards and shutter. Immdiately after, the girl made her way to a window that provided a view of the direction the explosions came from. Upon lifting the blinds to peak out, the Uchiha noticed two people, clearly using ninjutsu, battling it out with... something. She wasn't exactly sure what the other which they were fighting was, but soon enough she heard a crash as she watched the thing throw one of them through the window of the neighbor's house. Still the girl stood with a wide eye, transfixed on the battle despite that it seemed to move into the neighbor's house.

After some tense moments passed, Ryu watched as of the walls to the house they went into were demolished, and the roof caved in. Whoever they were, they seemed to have beaten the other thing. Ryu studied what she could see of them from here, trying to memorize all she could in order to tell Eiji or somebody later. She could feel her entire body shaking in fear as she watched the fight unfold. Only... it wasn't over yet. A tentacle seemed to stretch out from the rubble, stabbing into the girl that accompained the other two. Soon after it appeared that she was fighting her former allies, as what appeared to be crystals shoved their way forth from the ground. Watching all this, Ryu let out a yelp and backed away from the window.

Ryu turned and went back to where Sachi was, looking at the little girl who immdiately began pestering her with demands of seeing Eiji. Ryu gave a small smile towards Sachi as she heard the child's demands to see Eiji. I'd like to go see Eiji-Sensei as well, kiddo. she thought to herself, before focusing once more on Sachi. "Hey, Sachi, we are going to need to get out of here, I don't think it is very safe right now." she said softly, then snagged her bag of ninja tools, just in case. Hearing more demands from Sachi to see Eiji, she turned and looked at the girl. "If we can. Right now, lets focus on leaving. Come on." she said gently and got to her feet.

Moments later Ryu found herself opening the front door and peaking out to make sure nobody else had decided to show up and have a death brawl outside. At first, the girl found that she was fine, and opened the door more to head out with Sachi. Immdiately, she noticed a man approaching, hands held up at his chest and open as if to show he meant no harm. However, the Uchiha didn't trust him by any means.

With one arm she slowly moved Sachi behind her and held onto her little hand, ready to push Sachi further back should this new arrival attack. With her free hand, Ryu drew her Kunai to hold at the ready. "Who the hell are you? No closer, and you better answer the question." she said with a determined glare on her face. The girl tried her best to play it like she wasn't scared.[/hr][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=doubts and regret, lightsalmon]

Kaya

| Genin | Kumogakure Team 13 | War camp, near the border of the Sky-Wolf country |

Ever since the return to the camp Kaya had remained silent. She was somewhat relieved at returning from the assignment that the team had been on with and felt that she could call herself now a true member of the team. A smile even broke through to show on the thin lips of the teen as she couldn't help but feel appreciated as some soldiers and shinobi cheered upon their return. But that smile didn't last for long when Kaya noticed that Midori and Reyna weren't experiencing the same joy and respite as she was. This caused Kaya to experience a twinge of guilt, making her lower her head.

After the debriefing with the commander of the host Kaya went her own way. While she didn't do so for the first time to be away from Midori or Reyna, Kaya wanted some time to think on some matters. A lot had changed in a short time and she wasn't completely certain on where she stood with her opinions and viewpoints on various matters. The fact she felt she could, somewhat at least, trust Midori and Reyna confused her. Bijuu were diabolic creatures that had one objective in mind : to plunge the world of man into chaos. Why else did they keep being hostile to mankind? Why were there so many stories then about their crimes and acts of violence, hatred and anger?
As she headed towards the place where the mounts were taking care off Kaya watched a few people take care of a couple of horses. It had a calming effect upon seeing the few men and women laugh and pay attention to the animals. Frowning she was certain that comparing horses to bijuu was a stupid thing to do. And it was both mean and idiotic to compare Reyna and Midori to horses, causing Kaya to briefly smile and shake her head.

Deciding to walk around Kaya wasn't sure how to conclude her issue with coming up on a conclusion. Reyna and Midori weren't her friends and she was certain that the other two weren't overly fond of her as well. But Kaya could remember some moments that she felt she could entrust the other two. Such as the last assignment. There was no moment of doubt or fear that held her mind occupied that the bijuu could surface and kill her. Not that she had space back then with those unknown attackers. But it was something that made her wonder. Perhaps Reyna and Midori deserved a chance? Realising she had been following a common prejudice and perhaps hurt both more than she had ever done to a person Kaya decided to turn around. It was the time that she would try to sit down and talk it out with Midori.

It took some time before Kaya managed to locate the team leader. Spotting Midori up ahead Kaya came to a slow halt. Reyna approached Midori and sat down. But it didn't go in a manner that made Kaya feel comfortable. Staring at the two Kaya felt her guilt expanding as it was clear that both were feeling anything but joy. Squinting her eyes Kaya wasn't certain, but seeing the shoulders of Reyna shock Kaya was certain that this was a moment that the two wouldn't like her to headbutt in.
Taking a step back the Irozaki felt how her guilt would be replaced by regret. If she had been more open to the idea of working with jinchuriki. Shown more respect and be more polite then she could've helped. Perhaps shared some of their burdens and be a true friend. Another step back was taken as Kaya felt the need to hurt herself upon realising that she could very well be the cause of the distress of the other two.

But instead of facing the team the genin would turn around on her heels and walk away fast with just one tear rolling down her cheek. Today she finally discovered who the real monster of the team all this time had been.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: ChromeHound
[fieldbox="Suppression, green, solid"]

Mitsunari Riojin & Kitana Riojin- Team 19 Jounin

Continuing his run until he got closer to where the riots were happening caused him to slow dance and now be more careful on his approach. "Alright the clan grounds isn't much farther from here, but now since were in the midst of it, you are to be on guard. Any rioters breaking the law, you apprehend. You do not kill unless you are left with no choice. Am I clear?" He said looking mostly at Kona as he said this before motioning for them to follow. He reached into his pouch and pulled out his brass knuckles, sliding it onto his right hand. "Immobilize their movement, knock them out. Pick your choice of apprehension." He told them as he moved along the street, evidence of rioting being clear as they made their way. Smoke from buildings, debris littered the ground, where stands once stood laid in a mess of splinters. Mitsunari just shook his head at the mess, "Stupid idiots. Hope they realize they pay for this mess they make." Yet if they were this close to his clan grounds he had to wonder what the damage looked like there.

As they continued down the street saw a couple of rioters with kitchen knives roughing up a few civilians, and down another street they would see a couple with clubs and torches moving towards a shop. "Kona and Kitana, get the guys with clubs. Sho me and you are handling the ones with knives. We regroup back here when finished" Mitsunari said as he moved ahead down the road, glancing at Sho. "We sneak up on them. I'll take the one on the left, you get the guy on the right." Mitsunari said, with the men being at least twenty feet away from each other. Each having their own group of civilians about three each tied up, beating them to force them to join the rebellion.

Mitsunari would sneak up on his guy and without hesitation wouldn't even allow the guy to turn around to look at him, before Mitsunari cracked him in the side of the face. The man didn't even utter a sound as he started to drop. Mitsunari however caught him and held up a finger to shush the civilians, one couldn't control himself and let out a scared yell. Attracting the other males attention to Mitsunari. Who was now focused solely on Mitsuanari.
----
With Kitana's situation she was watching from behind a corner as the men grumbled about whether they should see if anyone was inside or not. They eventually decided to check with one man entering. The other stood watch outside in case any civilians came past. "Ah, perfect. That's Lady Silica's flower shop it's also her house, follow me I know a way in." Kitana said as she walked down an alley towards the back where a door was. "Must live farther way, otherwise they would know about this door." Kitana whispered to Kona as she approached the door and pulled a hair pin out of her hair and fiddled with the lock. A few seconds later you would hear a click and she slowly opened the door. "Come on." She whispered. As she would enter the shop, expecting Kona to follow.[/fieldbox]

Kona

Kona had little choice but to grit her teeth and bear his incessant insults. She had her reasons at the time, though Mitsunari may never understand them. She quietly followed along, not even replying with an affirmative or a negative answer in regards to his command. As they went, kona drew out the wire she used as in her techniques and looped either end into the rings at the end of her kunai, before tying them off. If he wanted the hostiles immobilized, she'd do just that, her kunai wasn't just used for killing after all.

After mitsunari spotted the rioters, he ordered herself and Kitana to take out the hostiles holding clubs. That was fine with Kona, she could help with that.

Kona followed along after Kitana quietly, her kunai held in one hand. The woman was impressively adept at using a bobby pin to open locks. Even a skilled lock pick would have normally found it necessary to utilize the tool that allowed you to engage the pins of the lock at the same time as you turned it. Needless to say, Kona was impressed at the skill.

She followed the woman inside the store, quietly creeping along after her. While she would have preferred a more direct approach, this would work just fine. Besides, if they could take this one guy out, they'd probably be able to get the jump on the others.

[fieldbox="Eiji Emiya, sandybrown"]
Team 11 | Amekage's Office

Whent he riots started and reached the officebuilding where he and the rest of the team did their work Eiji's first thought went out to Sachi. As everyone suddenly burst into a fit of action to combat the sudden threat and quell the troubles Eiji found himself staring for a moment out of his window in the direction of his own house. There was smoke rising up from all directions and it was impossible to tell whether his house had been hit, but the thought alone made the blood freeze in his veins. All he wanted to do was get up and leave, go home and drag Sachi away from all of this. Drag her far away where no terrible thing ever happened and where she could grow up without knowing the sounds of violence.

But he couldn't.

His second thought was of Kuni who was still stuck in prison and probably had no inclination as to what exactly was going on. The idea that whoever was doing this might be targetting her was stuck in his mind. The list was not forgotten nor the beast that dwelled inside of her. Miss Ichi had told him that the seal she had placed on that cage was strong and could not be broken easily, but everything could be destroyed if you had someone specialized at the ready. He needed to make sure Kuni was safe and with it the city from a different threat.

But he couldn't.

It was now that he suddenly felt the burden of the responsibility that he had taken upon himself to shoulder. To rule a city, to guide a mass, to defend the people he needed to go against his insticts that told him to safe those he cared for and bring them to safety. To fight as a leader wasn't the same as to fight as a soldier.

Suddenly in a fury of action Eiji called several people at his side. His house couldn't get priority over everything, but it would get something. He send one ANBU to collect Sachi and Ryu if the girl had stayed home like he ordered her too. They were to bring her to the large trainingsfacility which was considering the circumstances maybe one of the safest places in the city as it could be locked off pretty securely. Secondly, he ordered another couple of ANBU to make sure Kuni was safe en secure.

For a moment his thoughts went to his mother and her parents, but then he shook his head. There was only so much personal missions he could send these soldiers on and he had made his choice with Sachi. She was the future after all.

A distress signal from the Housha compound came in to add to the confusion. After a short deliberation Eiji decided to dispatch a group of shinobi to aid the already short staffed police force with the deliberate instructions that they should not kill any of the potential attackers unless they had absolutely no other choice. Same order was given to any other shinobi teams that were out and about. The last thing they needed right now was someone who started a bloodbath.

With that done Eiji grabbed his coat and prepared to go outside. Not as a soldier this time, not to fight. When he stepped outside of the Amekage's office he did so as a leader who was searching to quell a riot. There had to be hope that some sense could be talked into these people. If that hope was gone, then the whole thing was already lost.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Journey to The Land Of Noodles, White]

This is the first duo in a series of posts describing the journey of Suzaku Uzumaki to The Land of Noodles - a far away location he is dispatched to by none other than The Empress of Akino.

A Loyal Steed

Hiroshi Hon
Captain Commander of The Tiger's Claw
&
Suzaku Uzumaki
The First Sword Of The Empire

Suzaku and Hiroshi quickly made their way back to the establishment of The Tiger's Claw, much to the formers pleasure. He wanted to head out as soon as possible, fully aware of the fact that even with the best steed, the journey will take him a full week. He was relieved that after a few minutes of running, they were at the stables of The Claw. He was no great expert when it comes to horses, but even he had to appreciate the steeds available to the unit.

One did not have to know very much about horses to know that these were at the peak of their physical prowess. Their furs shined bright in the sunlight, they eyes full of health. Their muscular legs showed the promise of fast and reliable journeys. Turning to the Captain Commander, Suzaku decided to voice his respect." Captain Commander, I must admit .... I don't know that much about these mighty steeds but ... hands down to the work you and your men done here. Even I can tell these are the mightiest steeds, far and wide."

" Thank you, Suzaku-san. I greatly appreciate your opinion. " Hiroshi started to walk upon this reply. " We made sure that our soldiers will ride onwards mounting the steeds we can hopefuly raise. We contacted and asked help from people who come from families with generations of experience in tending to these majestic creatures. During each excercise we as an unit undertook, they surpassed our expectations at least tenfold. Take a good look at them and should any of them catch your eye, I can have him saddled and prepared for you in minutes."

Suzaku did as asked and eyed the horses with great curiosity, with them returning an equally curious look. After a minute of walking, a grey steed caught his eye, so he stopped at it. Hiroshi stopped as well and observed them curiously. Suzaku turned to Hiroshi, who nodded at Him. The First Sword slowly approached the horse, taking very small steps. " Hey there, buddy ... ", the words came out by themselves as he approached the albino. He slowly raised his hand and it was immediately smelled by the curious horse. It stopped after a few seconds and feeling confident enough, he gently placed his hand on its head.

Hiroshi observed from a few steps distance behind them, but smiled at the sight. " A fine choice, Suzaku-san. His name is Hakuoh, named after a white phoenix from legends." Suzaku stll kept his hand on the head of Hakuoh, and turned to Hiroshi. " I think he is the right one, Hiroshi-san. If he is free .... " he started, but Hiroshi interrupted him. " From what I saw he is taken, by you. I can have him ready in minutes. "

Suzaku replied with a short bow and followed the Captain Commander who gave the orders to prepare Hakuoh. He then called Suzaku a few steps aside, where no one could hear them and leaned to him. " I know this might be a weird request from me, but ... should you meet her, The Empress I mean ... could you please tell her that ... that I am sending my best wishes to her? It would mean a lot to me."

Suzaku, surprised by the request, readily agreed. " Of course, Hiroshi-san. I will make sure to pass on your message. " This time, Hiroshi replied with a short bow. The next few minutes, the duo conversed about the recent events in The Empire and shared their brief opinions on them, only to be interrupted by a stableman who was leading the now saddled Hakuoh towards them.

" I took the liberty to have him saddled with the best saddle currently at our disposal, Suzaku-san. It comes together with ratios for one soldier for three days of riding, together with the standard equipment for a rider of The Tiger's Claw. Make sure to explore it once you take a rest. " Suzaku nodded and easily mounted Hakuoh, and turned to Hiroshi. " Thank you for your aid, Captain Commander. I will take good care of Hakuoh and as soon as I return from my mission, I will personally ride him back. "

Hiroshi nodded with a smile and patted Hakuoh for the last time before Suzaku's imminent departure. " Take good care of him, Hakuoh. I know he will take good care of you. Now, Suzaku-san - while I enjoyed talking with you, I do not wish to delay you in the slightest! Godspeed! "

" Godspeed, Captain Commander! "
With this reply, Suzaku patted the sides of Hakuoh with his feet and the duo headed out towards
The Land of Noodles.

Pleasant ride

Suzaku Uzumaki
First Sword Of The Empire

Just as Suzaku expected, Hakuoh turned out to be an excellent companion. They headed out from the village only minutes after they left the headquarters of the Tiger's Claw. Not wanting to tire out Hakuoh too quickly, Suzaku opted for a slow galloping pace. He observed the land arround him with a keen eye - this close to the village itself, the roads were full of people and merchants, engaged in their respective activities. While doing so, they filled the roads with a busy chatter that was pleasant to his ears.

Hakuoh responded to his commands swiftly and obediently. At their pace, it took them about thirty minutes to leave the outskirts of the village. The roads were less occupied than before, but the land arround him changed significantly in that short span of time. Shops and larger houses were replaced by smaller, cozy looking houses constructed near the fields where their occupants were probably working.

Enjoying the sight of the country, hours went on quickly and after about two hours of ride, Suzaku took a quick brake near a river. They left the village behind them and the country was less changed by human hands now. Seeing that Hakuoh showed no sings of exhaustion. " Allright, buddy. We are going to ride for quite a while now, so drink up as much as you can. In the meantime, I will try and prepare my back."

A few minutes later, Suzaku mounted up again and the duo headed out. Retaining the pace of a slow gallop, Suzaku decided to ride much longer before their next break. He was hoping they would be near an inn or some other establishment of that kind by nightfall.

[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox="Midori Sato, yellowgreen"]
Team 13 | Sky Country

Somehow the silence that followed was more defeaning than any she had heard in awhile. The beast shut up. He hid in the shadows in which she had lain for weeks. Or maybe longer, she honestly had lost track of time. But now that the beast had stilled once more and had resumed a quiet place within her stomach Midori couldn't do anything but remain seated beneath that tree. The knowledge she had just attained prevented her from moving. Betrayal, fear, confusion, all emotions that rushed through her head as her hands shook and she pressed her face harder against her knees. A vain attempt to block out the thoughts. It didn't work.

What was she suppossed to think now? Was it unfair for the beast to wish his freedom and to enjoy it for awhile when it was given to him? No. No, it was not. Having been inside the cage made that even clearer. But that was not the problem. Him wishing for it was fine. The fact that he outright lied when she had begged him if he knew a way to get back, that was wrong. It was wrong. It was wrong...

But then why did she feel so defeated right now? So lost.

Sure it had to do with the fact that she was betrayed once again by an entity that she really shouldn't be surprised betrayed her. But maybe it was also something else. Something wholly different.

Maybe it was because in some way she understood all too well why he did it.

"... please..."

Midori's eyes snapped open at the sudden voice that appeared right next to her and in her extreme surprise saw how Reyna collapsed on her knees before her. Tears on her cheeks.

"Reyna..." Her own voice shook just as much as that of her friend. "Reyna, I'm..."

It suddenly hit her. How selfish she had been! In her own self pity and being scared she had forgotten about her team, she had forgotten about her friends who still thought that the beast was controlling her limbs and shouting with her voice. She hadn't even considered how they must have felt, how they must have been. In the cage, in the dark it was easy to forget because she was so far away and she had been scared and alone. But now that she was outside... She was not alone now. She had a responsibility to not be alone.

Midori removed her hands from her knees and reached out to Reyna, slightly hesitant as if she was afraid that fingers might pass through the form of her friend, that this was just another dream of better times. But her fingers touched Reyna's left shoulder.

"Reyna, it is me."

Her voice was soft, but she tried her best to sound reassuring. It didn't really work.

"I'm back."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Retrieval, darkcyan, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Sairento Shi | ANBU | Akinian Empire | Amegakure

Having received his orders from Eiji, Sariento decided to largely avoid the crowds on his way to the man's home. It was a little bit of a longer journey, but the man knew he could reach the house significantly faster if he didn't need to worry about the crowds in the streets. As he made his way to his target, he looked briefly towards the smoke rising slowly in different places around the city. What a mess. The man shook his head as he thought about the whole situation, he truly saw no reason for the citizens would riot like this. Did they not realize that they would only end up having to pay for the damages, or that they were hurting their own neighbors as well? Stupid.

Soon enough, the man arrived at his destination, and noticed the signs of a battle having taken place here. Laying around near the entrance of Eiji's home, he saw the bodies of a decent amount of men. The neighbor's house was mostly destroyed, as if hit by an explosion. The man wove some handsigns and became kept watch for any chakra signatures in the area. No point in letting his guard down, certainly not when in the middle of something like this. It became apparent rather quickly to Sairento that the only living things within the area were two signatures inside of the house. As he approached, the front door opened and he saw two figures standing in the doorway. As one of them pushed the smaller of the two behind herself, Sariento raised his hands to show that he meant no harm.

"Who the hell are you? No closer, and you better answer the question."

As he heard the demands of the girl in front, Sariento nodded as he continued to approach. "Sariento. I was sent to get you two by Emiya-Sama. He's worried for the safety of both you and Sachi, Miss Uchiha." The man said, with a calm expression still on his face. He waited for a moment while she inspected him, and evidently decided she believed him. The two girls then came outside after Ryu whispered something Sachi, the latter gripping Ryu's hand and keeping her eyes shut as she was led past the bodies. Once they were near Sariento, the man began leading them away from the house. "Emiya-Sama has ordered for you two to be taken to the training facility, it might be one of the better-guarded places right now. Stay close and we will be fine." the man said as he led them towards the training facility. Once again, he opted to keep a wider, more out of the way path that kept them away from any of the crowds. Making it a rather easy journey for the trio. As they walked, Ryu suddenly spoke up from behind Sariento. "Is there any way to get word to Eiji-Sensei? I... I saw something. I don't know whether or not it is linked to what is happening but I think it is worth reporting." the girl asked, to which the man looked over briefly and raised an eyebrow. Wondering what it was that she had seen, and was apparently important enough that it needed to be reported. "We will see. Right now my goal is to see you two safe." he replied, even as they approached the training facility.

Not long after, once he explained the situation to those guarding said facility, the two were allowed inside. Once ensuring they were settled, Sariento got ready to leave before he recalled what Ryu had said and approached the girl. Once she had relayed the details of the fight, and creature she had seen outside, the man nodded before heading back to where he had been dispatched from. Might need to report the details of the fight outside Eiji's home, as well as his student's report. It seemed their might be more going on than just riots in the city. Great.

As he arrived back, Sariento looked around for the Amekage Assistant to report a mission success alongside what he had learned while being out. Unfortunately, the man quickly learned that Eiji had stepped out. A sigh of irritation escaped the man as he thought about what to do. The information he had gleamed was probably of interest to the higher ups, and might be of some use. No point in delaying and standing around to wait for Eiji to return. With his mind made up, Sariento headed over to the Jounin Commander's office. Sure, he knew that he usually wouldn't report into her, but he figured an exception could be made. As he made this thought, Sariento approached her open door, and knocked lightly on it. Still thinking that it would be better to get her attention before coming inside.[/hr][/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=The Hyuuga Siblings do their job in Ame]
Summary: Hiraku and Tomiko Hyuuga begin making their way to point Lee, apprehending some of those causing trouble along the way. However, they see a bit of danger as well, and amidst the chaos, one of the rioters wielding a knife is killed.
Listening to the orders coming from Aiko, Tomiko nodded then moved to stand near her brother. Moving towards the side of the roof that was closest to the street she and Hiraku would soon be moving down, she cast a quick glance down the street to see if she noticed anybody doing something illegal. So far, nothing, at least as much as she could see before the bend in the street not far ahead. With that, she turned and looked back towards Hiraku, studying her brother as she waited for him to come over to where she was. Hopefully, they'd be able to stop those leading the crowds on. She imagined that would help by calming the tides of people down, without them nessecarily needing to help each individual person.

Hiraku nodded as he listened to Aiko's orders. It was sad to know there wasn't more he could do to help, but at least he could help at all. He glanced towards Miko as she walked past towards the side of the roof they would be leaving from soon enough. He nodded to Aiko once more before activating his Byakugan and approaching Miko, giving a quick smile of reassurance. "Let's go, Miko." He looked towards the street, and began making his way down.

Looking towards her brother, Miko didn't understand why he gave a smile. Now wasn't the time for smiles, not when something this bad was happening to the poor souls in the city. Either way, she shook her head and followed after him. "We both know that I am no good in a fight, Hiraku. I can stay off the side, out of sight and keep watch. Give you targets and whatnot." she suggested as they made their way down. Her tone completely flat, as if she were completely calm in this situation. Yet, that could not be farther from the truth, the girl just figured looking scared wouldn't provide anything good for the mission.

Hiraku nodded to her quickly, "You're good in a fight, just from a distance. You have blunt arrows, right? I can put opponents in between us so you can knock out some, or distract a few at a time, in case I'm getting overwhelmed." He glanced to her quickly as they got to the street, seeing that she was a bit too expressionless. He would have to talk to her later, and make sure she's okay.

The girl shook her head as they made their way down to the streets. "No. I was waiting until I got better with my aim. I do have blunt bolts for my wrist-bow. But I don't have much range on those." She said, pulling out a bolt and loading it into the wristbow, having the weapon ready in case somebody got too close for her comfort. "I'll keep watch, probably staying above or in the alleyways. If we use a different channel, I can keep you updated on whatever I see. If all else fails, I can send an arrow with a smokebomb attached to help obscure their vision. Besides, you can't be overwhelmed." she said, stating the last part as if it were a simple fact. Then the girl reached into her pouch of ninja tools, producing a few ties and holding them out to her brother. "We need to apprehend them, and I know you don't carry any. So here, it'd be useless to apprehend then have them get away." she explained.

Hiraku nodded, "Right." He took the ties, nodding to her a quick thanks, and began to pick up the pace now that they had a good idea of what they planned to do. "If nothing else, don't hesitate with the smoke bomb, it can only help." He looked down the first street they'd be heading down, and it was clear from there that the chaos would only increase as they went. "We can't use a different channel, or if Aiko and Kazumo need help, they won't get any. You'll have to signal with your hands or something. Be careful of surprise attacks, Miko." He began rushing towards the first bit of chaos they'd encounter after meeting up.

"Right. Just keep an eye out as well, Hiraku." she said then ran a few steps forward, jumping up onto some crates then making her way to the roof of a two-story building and taking up a position near the edge. Below, she could see the chaos and swallowed nervously before making a handsign as her view suddenly expanded all around her. She scanned through the crowd, and almost immdiatelty found somebody commiting crimes. A man, who from the looks of it was from the poorer district, stood towards the outside of the group. As Miko watched, he smashed a window to some shop and started grabbing whatever he could get his hands on. She briefly debated pointing him out to Hiraku, but figured that Hiraku would be able to notice on his own. Afterall, this man was not hidden by any sort of crowd between him and Hiraku. There were others in the crowd, but she figured it would be easier if Hiraku took them one at a time.

As Miko jumped up onto a building, Hiraku continued his forward movement, rounding the corner shortly and also seeing the man who was breaking the window. He thought about it as he moved in, thinking that if he took out the man's leg with gentle fist, he could take out the other three major limbs and keep going, or even just take out the legs if he really wanted to keep going. As this thought finished up, he got close enough to the man to begin doing something, and what better time than when they're already busy attempting to loot a store.

Hiraku aimed two quick strikes at the man's near leg, using the surprise attack to get a quick, albeit powerful, advantage. He wasn't aiming to do any high amount of damage to the internal organs, but he did want to reduce or remove use of muscles temporarily, so he didn't intend to aim for the main body with any of his strikes. He stepped back as the man dropped to that leg and clearly didn't go for much defensive position, the man definitely wasn't a fighter. Hiraku moved in, striking twice in the other leg, and once on each arm, making sure the hits to the arms only took out muscles past the elbow so he could defend himself in case of riots going bad, but could no longer get up or grab anything. He was sure he wouldn't be so lucky with the next one, but at least the first apprehension went easily enough. He quickly tied the man's hands together to more permanently apprehend him, then moved the stolen objects that were immediately visible back into the store's window and took off, continuing his path.

As Hiraku made his way through the crowds, Tomiko noticed a man who seemed to be in the process of destroying property. The girl held another handsign from her hiding spot on the roof, as she did, the field of view which she could percieve shrunk down to a very narrow line. As she did so, Miko was also able to see further than she could before. Keeping her gaze locked on the man, Tomiko hoped that Hiraku was watching with his Byakugan. She recalled a few years ago when Hiraku explained how the Byakugan worked to her, he mentioned that they used the chakra around them to see. If her guess was right, then perhaps Hiraku would notice her focused line of sight like a sort of spotlight.

Hiraku saw Tomiko's Byakugan shrink down to a much more direct vision. He thought for a second as he went, and wondered if she could perhaps be warning him of something. The fear of it being a warning, however, faded quickly as he saw she was focused on one thing in particular, and he moved closer towards it, taking note of what, exactly, she had been looking at. It seemed it was time for another surprise attack, so by weaving between the surrounding civilians, he approached behind the man breaking things, and yet again went for a strike to the leg. Gladly, the strike succeeded, causing the man to lose full control of the leg, but this one seemed a bit more practiced, and pulled himself away for a quick reprieve.

Hiraku looked at the man who he had struck only once so far, and could see parts of a combat stance. He aimed a strike at the other leg, only for it to be deflected, and a return punch to be aimed at his side. He was about to use palm rotation, but with this many civilians around, he didn't want to risk hurting anyone that wasn't doing anything wrong. The hesitation from this brief change in decision caused the punch to hit, forcing Hiraku to grunt in pain and step back, giving his opponent an opportunity to attempt to push forward. The man followed up with a punch towards the side of Hiraku's knee, but Hiraku had been in fights before, and he knew not to just stand there and take it. He used one arm to push up the arm punching, redirecting the force of the punch over him and striking the side of the man with his other.

Tomiko watched carefully as Hiraku began to fight the man before, it seemed like this one had some experience with fighting. As she held her vigil from the rooftop, the girl noticed the man land a hit on her brother. She was sure that Hiraku would be able to beat him, and as such allowed her field of view to grow once more. Now she kept watch for any others making their way towards Hiraku, but fortunately it seemed like none wanted to come closer quite yet. It was a nixture between distance and th crowd which prevented others who would love to join the fray to get into it. The genin also noticed that the street soon moved in a way that she would be unable to keep watch effectively from the rooftops. With a soft sigh, she made her way to the edge of the roof. Preparing to climb down whenever Hiraku got close enough to moving out of her view.

Hiraku decided to focus his attentions on the side of the opponent that was slowed due to his previous strike to the leg, and twisted around to that side. He aimed another strike at that leg, and because of how much slower the man already was because of the previous strike, this one hit as well. However, the man swung an arm back to hit Hiraku, but Hiraku saw the arm starting to move with his Byakugan, and moved back, swinging an arm up to tap the side of his opponent's arm as well, yet again slowing his opponent. If nothing else, Gentle Fist was great for reducing your opponent's ability to fight back without much danger to the user in comparison. At this point, the man was too disabled to put up much of a fight, and Hiraku could finish him off easily enough from there. He moved to the back of the man, struck in the remaining working limbs, and tied the man's arms. He noticed Tomiko was moving to the edge of her roof, and attempted to double-check that she wasn't being attacked, looking directly with his eyes to be sure no one was hiding their chakra while attacking her or something of the sort. Seeing nothing, he began moving forward again, hoping nothing was wrong with Tomiko.

As the girl got ready to climb down and make her way to an alley, she noticed what seemed to be two men coming towards Hiraku from either side. From the way they moved, it became evident to the girl that they were definitely heading for her brother. The girl made her handsign once more, and her vision would focus in. She aimed at the two men on either side of Hiraku, holding her vision in place for a few seconds on one before swtiching to the other. She wasn't sure yet if they were threats, but Tomiko didn't want to take a risk. After it seemed that Hiraku had noticed the two, the genin would pull out an arrow and begin tying a smoke bomb to the end. In case he needed a bit of help coming up.

Hiraku saw that Tomiko was signalling two people and slowed his forward progress, letting his Byakugan keep track of the two she had marked. As the got closer, he rehearsed the knowledge that Palm Rotation was out of the question, and that Air Palm would only be effective when striking vertically, or he'd risk hurting others. He moved towards one of them, thinking it better to weaken one before the other arrived. He decided it might be a good idea to come in low, but use that low position to put more force into a jump to go over and Air Palm them from above. As he got closer, he prepared to do this, but tried to be ready for a different tactic should that one not seem like it would work.

Hiraku swung his arm in towards the first man's leg, making it seem like he was aiming for a hit there, but instead used the brief moment of defensive action the opponent used as an opportunity to do his jump unhindered. He jumped forward, aiming an Air Palm downwards at the man, attempting to hit the chest, which was now visible as the man leaned back to keep an eye on his opponent. The man stepped back, making it easier for Hiraku to aim a downward strike on the man's shoulder as he landed, and spin away, hoping that would make the two-on-one fight easier for him. He had a sudden thought of how to use Air Palm, and prepared to test the idea, thinking he could do with at least one power-based move. As the two men stood by each other, Hiraku decided to take the offensive, or he would never get a chance to counter with two of them attacking. He ran to the side of one, reducing the advantage of having an ally, and went to try the idea he had just come up with. He began building up air in his palm for the Air Palm, but didn't let it go immediately, instead, he swung that arm in, going for an open palm strike that he would then release the air out of to push the man back and hopefully into his partner. As he swung, however, another enemy approached from behind.

As the girl tried to figure her was down from the roof, she noticed another in the crowd turn and approach Hiraku. Already the man seemed so close, and the girl's eyes grew wide as she saw something glinting in his hand. With little time to spare, she activated her communicator. "Hiraku! Behind you! He has a knife!" she said quickly, moving so she was closer to the edge of the building and grabbing for her bow.

Upon hearing the warning, Hiraku quickly redirected his Air Palm strike, aiming it at the person that he had thought just a civilian until Tomiko had made him realize that he had a weapon. He swung his arm upwards and towards the man's stomach, letting the Air Palm go. It hit, causing the man to step back, but Hiraku's redirected focus cost him. The two behind him had an opportunity, and although he could see the strike's coming, he didn't have the chance to dodge them after the brief loss of focus when changing targets. He felt one leg kicked down, so that he was on his knee, as well as the second man beginning to choke him from behind.

The man that had a knife got up, seeing that Hiraku was restrained. He smirked holding the knife close to Hiraku's throat and shouting over the sound of the chaos, "I heard someone warning you, so come on out. Come on out, show yourself for once you stupid shinobi! Always skulking in the shadows, doing whatever you want to stop everyone... Come into the light and face your punishment, maybe you'll finally do something right for once!"

Tomiko's breath caught in her throat as she watched the man press his weapon to Hiraku's throat. Her eyes remained wide as she felt her palms begin to sweat against the wood of her bow. The genin started to aim for the man's leg, arms, or anything to get him off Hiraku. However, the crowd quickly began surrounding to watch what was going on. The girl could hear a few chants about shinobi needing to go home, and more faintly; she heard some trying to tell the man not to kill the man he had captive.

As she was directly called out, Tomiko knew that going down there would basically be suicide for them both. She had to get Hiraku free, else this man might actually kill her brother. Pulling the bowstring back, Tomiko felt the adrenaline beginning to rush through her veins as she released the string and the arrow tore through the air. As the arrow left her bow, Tomiko closed her eyes for a second to avoid seeing the impact. She heart the faint sound of the arrow hitting its target, a split second of scream, then a small puff as the attached smokebomb exploded.

Upon hearing that, Miko was on the move. The girl quickly made her way down the the off the roof. "I had to fire on a rioter. He was going to kill Hiraku. I don't know what his current status is." the girl transmitted. Normally the genin would've been terrified by what she did, but the adrenaline coursing through her veins numbed her emotions at the moment. In the back alleyway, Miko made her way a little closer to the edge of the crowd, trying to seek out Hiraku even as groups of people fled in either direction after the impact of her arrow. When she saw an opening, the girl dashed forwards towards where her brother was.

Hiraku was about to attempt to free himself when suddenly Tomiko shot the one with a knife. No, we could have avoided killing... Damn it... He grabbed at the man's arm that was choking him as if he were just trying to get a breath, before sending chakra through the tenketsu on the man's arm to weaken him severely, twisted the arm away, and attempted his Air Palm strike again on the other one, sending them flying back a short distance. He then spun around, twisting the man's arm further, and hitting another tenketsu on the shoulder to ensure the man couldn't resist. With his new control over the opponent, he quickly began hitting tenketsu, specifically in the legs and arms.

Seeing a man suddenly get shoved out of the smoke cloud, Miko knew this was one of her brother's attackers. Changing her direction slightly, she came up behind the man and started charging her bolt. The man seemed to notice the footsteps and turned to face the girl coming towards the girl. Meanwhile Tomiko took aim with her wristbow, hitting the man in the shoulder with the blunt bolt. Instantly his arm fell limp as his tenketsu stopped functioning. The girl swore immdiately as she realized she had missed the target on the much bigger man. He lunged forwards towards her, and Miko was barely able to dodge to the side as he came careening past.

Spinning to face the man, Miko watched his movements. It seemed he had a limp on one side, as if Hiraku had gotten him earlier. Then with the arm on the otherside being limp from her attack, Miko wondered if she would be able to handle this. She swallowed nervously as she made her way forwards. As she got close, the man seemed to be particularly enraged and swung an agressive hook towards her head with his only good arm. The spun away from the attack, just barely being missed and made a swipe at his legs and missing. As she came back up, she felt an explosion of pain in her gut as a second hit landed home.

The girl yelped in pain as she doubled over, but jumped backwards to avoid another hit. In the moments she took to recover, Miko saw him closing in for another attack. Whenever the man pulled his arm back for the attack, Tomiko jumped forward and brought her knee up hard into his groin. A second later she was falling away as his fist hit her firmly in the head, but the man seemed stunned and stumbled away. Even as he did, Miko slammed hard into the pavement and took a few moments as she tried to get to her feet again.

Hiraku finished incapacitating his opponent, only to notice through the smoke that Tomiko was having some troubles fighting someone. He began to move over to help, but wasn't soon enough to stop her from getting knocked down, however, she had gotten... an effective hit. He almost felt bad for the man, but was more concerned about Miko than any injuries this person got. As the man was clearly having troubles due to Miko's hit, Hiraku rushed in, striking both legs quickly so the man's mobility would be reduced before pushing on the man's chest to help the man fall backwards on to his back alongside the weakened legs. Immediately after, he did an Air Palm to the man's face, sending his head into the ground with plenty enough force to leave him unconscious. "Miko!" He rushed over to check on his sister, "Are you okay? We have to keep moving, so if you're not, we can avoid more fights."

The girl nodded as she slowly got to her feet. Already a decent sized bruise began forming on her head as she looked at Hiraku. "I'm fine. We need to finish the mission." she said stubbornly, then moved to retrieve her crossbow bolt. Once it was reloaded, the girl turned and looked towards the guy she had shot at, a big mistake on her part. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the arrow that was pierced through his neck, and she stumbled backwards into Hiraku. "L-lets go. We need to finish." she said in a bit of a panicked tone as she started trying to walk ahead, avoiding the body. The girl didn't really process she had killed him, as she was still running on the effects from the fight just a bit ago.

Hiraku nodded. He saw her take note of the person she killed, and he frowned. He didn't want anyone to die, but it happened. "Miko, let's keep use of the communicators to a minimum, they're for emergencies right now... Just try to keep that in mind while we continue on, alright?" He exhaled slowly before starting to move forward again. Miko's going to need talking to... When we get a chance to relax, I'm going to have to make sure she's actually alright.

Hiraku and Miko worked their ways towards the meeting point, defeating and apprehending anyone they could on the way. They eventually found themselves at the meeting point.

After they arrived at the meeting point, Miko still couldn't get the image of the man out of her head. The way he was just... so still. The eternal stare, paleness of his skin, even the horrible red all around his body bothered her. As the adrenaline wore down, and Miko got to clearly thinking again, it seemed to finally connect all the dots in her mind. She looked to Hiraku as if about to say something, but then suddenly darted away. It became pretty clear the girl was... getting sick... in the few moments she was away. But then she slowly made her way back towards Hiraku, after taking a moment to rinse her mouth from the water bottle she usually kept on her. "I'm sorry..." she mumbled, looking away from her brother as she realized what she had done. Whatever she was feeling inside at the moment, it was evident that Tomiko was keeping it all bottled up until there was a better time to deal with what was going on.

Hiraku looked to his sister as they reached the point, seeing her very clearly getting more upset and pale. She looked like she wanted to say something before rushing away, and he started to chase after, only to realize she wasn't running away, but simply finding a better place to do what she had to do. He turned off his Byakugan, taking the moment to rest. When she came back he glanced to her, "Don't apologize to me. You saved me. You did what you thought was right. That guy... probably had reasons to go home, but so do I, and so do you... If you hadn't, he might have killed both of us, so just be glad you avoided that, alright?" He looked down, closing his eyes, Even if it could have been avoided... I've... killed for less than she did, so the only thing I can do is try to help her feel better about it.

The girl shook her head as Hiraku spoke, and could feel tears welling up. A small frown was plastered on her lips, visible because her mask was pulled down. "I... killed him. I... can we talk about this later? I still need to be useful in case there is more to do." she said quickly, trying to force all of the emotion back inside. Something she had become quite used to doing over the years, forcing it all away until she could handle it later. Though her features betrayed that she was still quite upset over her actions.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Johnathon Housha is confused]
John, throughout the majority of the morning, had been getting some early training done in the training fields. As he was finishing up and starting to head back, thinking it would be a good time to get breakfast to keep up his greatness for the day, he thought he saw smoke. He glared at the smoke, as if glaring at it might make it fade away in the recesses of his mind, but it didn't go, so he began running. He started his Housha Shimasu to keep himself fully energized, and began going through a checklist in his mind as the chaos of the situation began to reveal itself fully to him. Family, out of the village; Ryu, possibly in danger; Eiji, probably fine; Sachi, possibly in danger, but hopefully fine. His mind went over said checklist once more before he realized he had been running towards Eiji's house without any form of idea what to do.

"Heh... You think that little punch hurt? Then you'll be feeling pretty bad later, considering how great I am." John stared down the rioter that had been particularly violent. He was worried about Ryu and Sachi, but this rioter got in his way, and Ryu knew better than him when to stay out of stuff like this. Sachi, he was sure was with someone responsible, so overall, he knew he'd have to find them, but they'd be okay for now. The rioter, wielding a bat, swung at John, who ducked under it, coming back up with an uppercut to the stomach. When the rioter coughed and stepped back, John smirked at him, "Oh come on... You're out here swinging that bat like you're supposed to be a fight. I was hoping to get any sort of fight out of you at all..." He stepped out of the way of another swing, probably out of anger. "Oo... Looks like you're getting mad, sorry. Before I finish this up, remember-" He side-stepped a downward swing from the bat, almost getting hit this time, "that the Housha clan are stronger than you." He swung a punch at the man, but clearly his punch was too much of an emphasis to his point, as the man seemed ready for it, moving out of the way. The rioter swung his bat low and sideways, about where it would hit the upper leg, and one of the harder swings to dodge. John stepped into the rioter, grabbing at the man's hand and pulling him around to redirect the force of the swing into a throw, but could only do so much. The force of part of the bat hitting John most certainly left a bruise on his unarmored skin, but at least the man had been knocked down. He couldn't risk healing himself with his Kekkei Genkai right now, or he'd essentially restart the battle, so he swung a quick kick at the man's head to knock him out, took the bat, and got away from the unconscious rioter, as well as the other rioters.

John got to the top of a building, kneeling down and activating his Housha Shimasu. He needed to keep himself at top fighting condition in case Ryu actually did need help. He dropped the bat in a place where he was sure it would stay so no more rioters could use it, and looked towards Eiji's house. Doesn't look too great... Better get in, search for Ryu and Sachi, and get out... He got down from the rooftop, rushing over to check for Ryu and Sachi. It didn't take more than a cursory check inside to know they were gone. Good they're not here, where it might be dangerous... but they might be somewhere more dangerous... He returned to the rooftops, looking around. "Ryu! Sachi! The almighty John has come to help!" He hoped they could hear that, and would respond, or come to him. He moved to the next rooftop, repeating the process.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox='Shikaroku Nara | Konoha Genin, Purple']
Oath or Duty?

Hearing Saki speak up, Shikaroku was at first relieved. With her sensing abilities, she should be able to tell whether or not this person was indeed the Lord Governor, Hisoka Uchiha. That relief quickly changed to hurt and confusion as the kunoichi continued speaking. Turning his head ever so slightly to look at the Yamanaka, Shikaroku's face was expressionless.

She had betrayed them, from the very start. Ashamed that he hadn't noticed, Shikaroku quickly pushed the thought aside, well aware that Saki's level of skill was far superior to his own. If she wanted to keep something hidden, there was no way he would have seen it. The thought did not comfort the Nara however, and instead he found himself feeling more bothered than he should have. Turning back to face Hisoka and the two others in front of him, Violet and Kiyomi, Shikaroku took a moment to compose his thoughts.

Despite the sting of Saki's betrayal, Shikaroku found himself conflicted. She had done it because it was her duty. She was doing what she thought best to keep the Empress safe and she was willing to risk Kiyomi's ire to fulfill her duty. Could he muster the strength to do the same? Glancing towards Kiyomi, a look of pain filled the Nara's eyes. She wasn't looking... it would make what he had to do next easier.

As his shadow sped silently across the floor towards its target, Shikaroku felt a moment of guilt and regret.

Oath or Duty? The boy was torn...

He felt the moment his shadow connected with his target and Shikaroku's head lowered, his eyes cast downwards.

"I... I am truly sorry Your Grace. I hope you can understand that I made an oath to keep you safe and... and I think that this is the best way I can do that." Taking a step forwards, Shikaroku clenched his fists, Kiyomi forced to mimic his movements as their shadows were now connected.

Taking another step towards Hisoka, Shikaroku could not bring himself to look at the Empress.

"Lord Governor..."

Slowly raising his head, the Nara looked at Hisoka and took one more step forwards before stopping. Kiyomi was now within arms reach of Hisoka. The Lord Governor had only to reach out and this would all be over.

"I surrender."

Raising his hands above his head, Shikaroku watched as Kiyomi's arms lifted to match his movements.

In a flash, Shikaroku's shadow shot forwards, taking advantage of the momentary distraction and hoping Hisoka's eyes would naturally follow the movement of Kiyomi's arms as they lifted, forgetting to focus on the ground instead.

Gritting his teeth as he felt his shadow make contact, Shikaroku removed his shadow from Kiyomi's, relinquishing his control and allowing the Empress to move freely once more. He had positioned himself between Saki and Kiyomi hoping that the Empress could take advantage of the second it would take Saki to move past him.

"Go!" Shikaroku called out, already feeling the strain. Holding the large creature had taken a lot out of him. He would not be able to hold on to Hisoka for long and he only hoped it would buy Kiyomi enough time. Wondering briefly how Saki would react, Shikaroku sighed.

"Forgive me..." he muttered under his breath. The Nara kept his hold tight, feeling the sweat building on his brow.

Wondering once again if he had made the right choice, Shikaroku closed his eyes. Waiting to find out what his fate would be, Shikaroku's mind traveled to his sensei. He wondered, for a single painful moment, whether Hiron would be proud he had helped Kiyomi, or disappointed that he had abandoned his duty.

Clenching his fists, Shikaroku opened his eyes. He would live with the consequences. Whatever they might be.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Obstacles, green"]
A collab between Oetje, Ice, Ivoryhaze and Roran Hawkins

Team 7 welcomes a new member to the team to be beaten Sen-seless by the sensei (getit). They do some speed and endurance training
Kensuke waited next to a tall grate fence surrounding a relatively dense forested arena. Next to him was an iron gate locked with a heavy padlock and chain, both carrying some spots of rust collected over the years. As he saw his students approach he wiped some water off his brow and looked up at the light drizzle falling from the skies. It was not quite enough to be called rain but given time it would soak you through. Perfect weather for a four-hour long training session to get used to a new member in the team. Without wincing he thought of the second member of the team, Karma, who was currently walking dogs from at least seventeen people in his neighbourhood, taking them for laps around Konoha. Punitive mission duty did not mean exemption from training.

Sen approached the man who she assumed to be sensei optimistically as she smiled calmly as she came to a stop in front of him. "Hello, its nice to meet you. You are Kensuke-Sensei?" Sen asked politely. She stood there casually as she studied him and glanced around to see if any of her teammates were nearing. All the while, she kept the calm smile on her face despite her nerves.

"Yes, that would be me." He said somewhat enigmatically. "We'll have a proper introduction in a minute, once the rest of the team arrives."

Hideki arrived soon thereafter, his tousled, dark-brown hair already somewhat moistened by the morning dew. Surprised to see another, unfamiliar person standing next to Kensuke, he studied her with an oblique glance. A Genin, he surmised, given her young age — but you never knew; Lilia had been twelve when she was promoted to a Chuunin. "Hello, sir," he said to Kensuke, feeling still an iota of discomfort over their meeting with Zakito. He turned and adressed Sen, the prelude to a smile on his lips — how ghastly it looked he could not estimate. "Nice to meet you. I'm Hideki. You are our new member, then, I presume?"

Walking towards where the meeting was being held the hood of Meilin's garb was pulled up, providing some sanctuary against the drizzle. Her hands were shoved into the pockets of her pants as she kept walking at a calm pace.
For a moment she stopped at the entrance of the field, her right eyebrow perking up by a bit as she noticed an unknown figure standing with the familiar Hyuuga and Nimatsu. Walking over to the others, Meilin would raise her hands out of her pockets. Clenching her right into a fist and opening her left hand the teen would place the fist against the open palm. Making a small, stiff bow she would speak up.
"Hello." She said, her eyes under the cover of the hood briefly eyeing the newcomer. Straightening her back Meilin would shove her gloved hands back into the pockets of her pants. Hopefully, it wouldn't start to rain as she didn't consider it a good combination with the cold temperature - she thought while looking away.

Kensuke nodded to Hideki and Meilin as they arrived in their turn and then gestured at the new girl. "Sen, tell us a little bit about yourself. Let's all briefly introduce ourselves before we get to the training." He said.

Sen watched as the white eyed Hyuuga boy came over and itroduced himself, followed by a girl who looked to be in her teens with black hair. "Okay, well, it's nice to meet you too. I'm Sen, I am good with a bow but I'm open to new ideas. I can also do some water ninjutsu and genjutsu," Sen said cheerily. She was a little unsure if she was suppose to bow back to her teammate or not, so she did so just to be safe. "What about you guys?" she asked.

"Aren't you being awfully polite?" Hideki teased Meilin, arching an eyebrow at the elaborate greeting of the Genin. He assumed it was some Cho custom. As Sen introduced herself, he eyed her more conspicuously, and then, when it was his turn to speak, he said, simply, "I'm Hideki Hyuuga. A Chuunin."

The teasing of Hideki caught Meilin off guard for a moment - as that was evident from the surprised look she gave the Hyuuga. It was followed for a moment by a faint smile as the teen stayed silent, waiting for her turn to speak.
"Meilin," she said with a nod following the sole uttered name. Placing her right hand on her hip Meilin briefly threw a look sideways at Hideki before throwing another at Kensuke.

"You already seem to know my name, so let's get started." He said, and produced a key from his pockets with which he opened the heavy lock of the gates. Swinging open, he invited them into the forested arena.

After walking to what would seem to be the center of the arena it became clear by white strips of cloth that was bound to the branches that the entire arena was a giant obstacle course designed to train speed, endurance and reflexes. Amongst other things.

"You can each run a few training courses after which I'll begin taking your times. We'll do this for an hour, best time by then has lunch on me." He said. "You have five minutes to warm up."

Nodding to both of her teammates as they introduced themselves, and briefly wondered if her introduction was too lengthy. It was too late to do anything about it so she just smiled and turned her attention to Kensuke-Sensei. As the gate swung open and taking in the huge obstacle course Sen would then look down slightly towards her feet before looking back up to the course. Sen nodded, and then stuffed her hands in her pockets apprehensively. Stretching a bit, and adjusting her clothes a little she would wait for the word.

I should have expected that... Hideki thought, gazing around the obstacle course with more than a little reservation. Rolling his shoulders, he heaved a sigh, gulped a mouthful of air, and set to warming up, body feeling like lead.

Meilin would follow, staying silent as she tried to keep her mind fixated on the team meeting. There were certain thoughts that moved through her mind that were quite distracting. But as the course was revealed Meilin softly whistled. A certain glint started to appear in the teen's light brown eyes. It brought back some memories of the neighbourhood where she had ran and learned how to quickly run and climb. Cause if you were too slow then chances were big then that you would get caught. Which was what everybody back then tried to avoid.
Rolling with her left shoulder Meilin almost had forgotten that she was in company and that Kensuke was instructing them to warm up. Realising that she had perhaps an edge with her experience and skill of dealing with such a course the teen would consider her options. Deciding on something she would start a warming up with just stretching her limbs. Remaining silent she threw a subtle glance in the direction of the other members that had to take the course.
She was willing to bet that Hideki was probably not going to experience a lot of problems. Remembering the fight in the cellar in Keishi and apprehending the Bull had made it clear that the chuunin hadn't gained his promotion with buying some butter.
Meilin did wonder about that 'Sen'. For a moment Meilin did catch herself almost staring at Sen with a frown. How old was the other genin, she wondered to herself. Throwing a look at herself as if she was inspecting for any dirt on her garb Meilin's cheeks started to flare up. Staying silent Meilin would continue to stretch her limbs while attempting to not distract herself further more.

"Alright." Kensuke yelled. "Time's up. Who's me volunteer to go first?" He said as birds flew from his voice. He frowned as a heavy drop of water fell on his forehead and he eyed the wet branches all around him. While the trees caught the drizzle so they were mostly dry inside the forest, it had been raining for long enough to soak most surfaces. He wondered how well these young shinobi would deal with the slippery surfaces, and how they would do in thirty minutes from now.

Why did he have to yell, Meilin thought as she threw a frowned look at the team leader. Placing her right hand on her hips Meilin glanced at the direction of the other two members of the team.
"Sure, I won't mind," Meilin answered taking a step forwards. She eyed the course that was laid out in front of her. Taking a breath in and breathing out Meilin would ready herself. The plan to not show off on how this would be a general easy course and track for her would still be executed. Even if they hadn't to go all at the same time.

The first course was general free running. Starting to jog to pick up a good pace Meilin would not put her full passion into doing the course. There was a certain temptation to show off, that this was something she would enjoy doing, but she considered that contra-productive. One of the things that she had been taught was to not reveal all of her skills and abilities she had.
The problem was that the slippery surface. That was something that was out of the reach of her abilities that regarded parkour. To combat that struggle Meilin would apply a tiny of chakra at her hands and feet to increase the grip, allowing her to worry less of the surface.

Reaching the second part of the course without much of a problem, but not at a fast speed at all - several times stopping at sharp turns that she could have taken otherwise - , Meilin was facing a stretch of long hanging vines. Taking a breath in Meilin would grab the first vine and seemed to waver. Meanwhile, she was actually quite excited. If she could do this only without the others recording her time or being around at all she could enjoy herself here all day.
Swinging from vine to vine Meilin almost seemed to lose grip and drop from one. Acting shocked and scared the teen would manage to finish the stretch, only facing a long drop to the forest floor.
Eyeing the drop longer than she really needed Meilin would lower herself down the vine she was holding on to lower the height. What she really wanted was to try to do something risky. To just feel the adrenaline rushing through her system as she would face the risk of a drop like the one she was facing.
Taking it slow and careful the genin continued as she would need to traverse afterwards a net hung at approximately 15 centimetres high by stepping in the holes and lifting her feet high in order to not trip. Probably the least fun part of the course in Meilin's opinion, but she would manage to do it in an average jog to keep following her plan and not exhaust herself.

What followed after the net part was a hollow, fallen trunk that leaned against another tree. Rolling her shoulders Meilin made it almost a few seconds show to prepare herself. With the fact that the others couldn't see how she would travel up the trunk. This time, she wouldn't hold back as she would run into the trunk with a grin. Using once more a tiny bit of chakra Meilin would start to climb up the trunk. There was the idea of placing one foot at one end and the other at the opposite direction and then literally using short jumps to move up - which would be much more exhausting than what she was doing now.
Done with that part of the course there was only a part of navigating herself by sharp turns. Holding herself once more back Meilin acted twice that she was close of slamming straight against a tree or branches.

Arriving back at Kensuke Meilin lightly panted as she leant for a moment forward. Perhaps she should see if she could come later back to this alone, when she wouldn't feel the need to hold herself back to look like a show off.

Kensuke eyed the timer and nodded. "3:24. I'm sure we can improve upon that. Sen. Your go." He said. He could tell Meilin'd held back, he saw the difference in body language. Unfortunately he had no idea to what degree. He shrugged. He didn't need to bother himself with a tactical approach to this excercise.

"Ready? Begin."

Still apprehensive about the course, the red headed genin took off at a decent sprint towards the beginning of the course. Leaping up to one of the branches, she would use her momentum to propel herself forwards. Almost over stepping onto one of the branches but adjusting before it became a problem, the rain had made the branches slippery so she had to make sure to watch her footing as the branches varied in level and position. Luckily she didn't have much trouble with the slipperiness just the general mistep.

As she neared the end of the branches and coming to the long hanging vines, she leapt forward to grab the closest one. Again, she tried to use her forward momentum to increase her speed despite feeling a little worn from lack of endurance training. Sen supposed the course was designed to make them aware of such weaknesses, she would need to work on that. Swinging carefully but quicly through the 20 meter stretch vines, slipping sometimes down the vine as her hands caught onto them and having to get the height back once she lost it. Landing a bit clumsily on the ground right before the traverse and a slight pause to take in the net.

After only the slight pause did she begin to go through it, having to almost jerk her knees up in order to not trip as she did her best to maintain her speed through it. Sen almost tripped in the middle and lost of some speed but managed to not fall on her face. She finally got through the traverase. Coming to the hollow tree trunk, she would only take half a second before tackling the situation by sending some chakra to her hands as she would climb up the inside of the trunk. Sen would in way spider crawl up the hollow trunk using the chakra in her hands to help her as she went. It was not as fast as she had wanted but she finally got out of the trunk and began the final part of the obstacle course. Sen sprinted through the sharp turns and adjusted her weight on her feet accordingly as Kensuke came into veiw. Sprinting a little bit harder she ran past him a little out of breath.

"03:36. We'll have to work on that." He said, and motioned for Hideki to begin.

Grunting, Hideki made for the beginning of the course with a series of zigzagging dashes. He ascended the canopy by means of discharging vacuum blasts from underneath his feet, propelling him into air, and perpetuated said pattern whenever he deemed the surface of the branches too slippery or time-consuming, navigating the cluster of trees with familiar ease. Stationed at the border units for two years, he was all too acquainted with woodland topography.

When he reached the traverse of vines, he almost felt like flying through it as well, but at second thought deigned to handle it the traditional way, swinging himself from vine to vine, muscles tightening and loosening in tranquil repetition. Dropping to the damp earth, he climbed the net and tossed himself over the edge, cushioning the fall with a tiny gust of vacuum. He then sprinted ahead and fell into the semi-darkness of the trunk, liquid shadows swimming in the corner of his eye. He finished the rest of the course and decelerate as he reached Kensuke and the rest, breathing methodically. "There," he said in between breaths.

Walking towards the area Kensuke had told the team to come to, Karma was very hesistant. By now they would've must likely heard about what she has done, and she wondered what they thought of her. Upon seeing Kensuke, Hideki, Meilin and another girl she did not know, her steps became slower, much more visibly hesitant. Taking a deep breath, she made her pace faster and upon getting to them, she bowed deeply "Hello everyone. I feel that apologizing to you for my actions won't make up for what I did, but do allow me to do so as a first step of many. And forgive me for being late, Kensuke, the last dog I was walking kept attempting to drag me around." She said to everyone, waiting for their response before getting up from the bow.

"Not bad. 2:49." Kensuke said, pursing his lips. He motioned for Meilin to take her second lap and turned around when he heard Karma approach gingerly. He looked at her like he discovered a ring on a dung heap and then quickly folded his face back into his stern, sensei-like expression he kept during most team-related business. "Very well." He said and nodded primly. "We'll have a chat about that later, as you would've guessed. Either way, meet our new teammember Sen Cho. Sen, this is Karma. She'll be joining us today." He said.

"Either way," He continued. "Once you're ready Karma, we're doing this obstacle course for the coming hour. Whoever has the fastest time has lunch on me. If you feel ready, you can start."

An obstacle course as their training. That sounded more than a fine way of training for her. Keeping any pointless thoughts to herself, Karma nodded. She briefly gave Sen a nod with her head as she went and stood in the beginning line. She scanned the beginning track in front of her for a moment before steadying herself "I'm ready. Starting now." She told Kensuke before beginning to run.

Dashing between the branches that were marked with white clothes were easier for her than she expected, the walk with all the dogs must've served as a good warm up for her legs. A couple of sharp turns caught her slightly off guard, slowing her pace down a bit. Upon arriving at the vines, Karma grabbed a very firm hold at each of them as if they could easily slip out of her grip like a dog running to chase something. After managin to get through it in what she thought was a decent pace, she tried and make her drop to the forest floor as fast as she could by placing her arms against her body and legs together until she got close enough to the ground, then she moved her legs and arms into a position that should ensure a somewhat softer landing, only to feel her leg slightly ache as she did land. She knew that the medical shinobi properly mended her bone, but she was still told to try and put it under as less effort as possible for about a week.

After the not best excecuted landing, Karma jumped into to the net, doing front flips to allow her to quickly move through the net. The net's height made it slighly more difficult, and also grazed her arms twice, but she ignored the bit of pain as she continued towards the hollow trunk and quickly ran through it. Past that another sharp turn made her slow down her pace a bit, and then she would find Kensuke standing there with the stop watch, coming to a halt in front of him and exhaling a single breath.

"3:21. Right." He said to himself, putting away the clock. "You can keep doing laps whenever you feel like it." He said.

Sen would give herself a few seconds before starting to run the course again. This time she knew from the previous time to make adjustments quickly. Some things didn't change like going through the hollow tree trunk stil took some time but she would not let that slow her down as much as the first time. Sen continued to do the course and sometimes she stopped until she figured out a quicker way to do a part of it. Her times only increased by a second or two each time except for towards the end.

The rest of the hour played out with increasing boredom and exhaustion. The novel of the course quickly wore off yet Kensuke insisted they try to better their previous efforts. Speed, reflexes and endurance were key to survival in his view, more so than many other abilities. Hideki ended up winning the free lunch by a small margin over Meilin as time ran out and the team was given a quick break during which Kensuke briefly left.
[/fieldbox]

The decision of an Empress.

A post written by Lesli and Alice.

Summary :
As Shikaroku manages to trap Hisoka in his shadow technique, the situation quickly develops. While there is a chance to pursue her goals, Kiyomi decides to end the situation. For now.

Standing still Kiyomi remained silent. Saki's words rang through the air as the young empress wasn't sure how to react to her friend. In her vision, Saki was one of the people that could understand her without much effort. Not because of her particular training and experience, but because of their bond and trust. Turning around Kiyomi remained silent. Ignoring everybody else her gaze settled on the Yamanaka.
Knowing very well that duty and loyalty drove Saki to agree to allow Hisoka and Meisa, as Kiyomi didn't waver now that Meisa wasn't around, to trail them Kiyomi felt both touched and betrayed. A weird mix that made her unsure of how to respond back to her dear friend. Before her lips could part to react back, something happened. A weird sensation moved through her body, restricting her movements.

Surprised Kiyomi's eyes widened. Lowering her gaze she managed to spot what had confined her movements. Her body slowly started to move on its own, despite her struggle to make it stop. With Shikaroku speaking up the eyes of the teen narrowed down. Wanting to build up chakra to remove the restrictive technique, even using the available bijuu chakra, Kiyomi didn't do it. Realising something the teen remained silent. Her eyes were locked on Hisoka's, not moving away as the shadow would now restrict Hisoka.

Cold steel would gently touch the skin of Shikaroku's throat. Risen from the shadow a female ANBU appeared in a quick and silent fashion behind Shikaroku. Through the use of the shadow technique of the Nara Meisa had been able to use her own technique to slip over to the genin's shadow.
The kunai wasn't firmly pressed against the throat, but enough to create a most uncomfortable feeling. Meisa's free hand would be placed on the shoulder of the boy in front of her as she threw a look over her shoulder. "Oh dear."

Just like a scene from a fiction Meisa was looking upon a situation where she was now also held under threat. Though she was against Kiyomi leaving and continue on Saki had grabbed her bow and just as Meisa stood behind Shikaroku there was already an arrow formed by her chakra, both notched and drawn back. Not to mention aimed at Meisa from a distance that would make it quite hard to avoid being shot. "I apologise for the gesture, but please drop the knife." Saki said in a calm tone.

"Stop."

The word was spoken with a harsh tone by Kiyomi as her eyes didn't break away from Hisoka's. "I think that it might be best if we indeed go back. Though somebody has to go on ahead to investigate and search for some information." Narrowing her eyes Kiyomi placed her hands at her back, as her right hand was slightly trembling. "The ANBU that came with you and a shadow clone of mine will continue on as we will go back. I think that is a most reasonable solution for this... impasse, don't you agree Lord Governor?" Kiyomi asked, though it was clear that it wasn't really a question.

A hint that both Meisa and Saki understood. Lowering her bow the blue hue of the chakra arrow vanished as the projectile was dispelled. Same with the kunai that was removed from Shikaroku's throat as Meisa nodded slowly while stepping away from the genin.
"It will be an honour to work with her grace." Meisa stated in a respectful tone, adding even a bow as emphasis to her words.

• Love
Reactions: ChromeHound