Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Solar

Original poster
images

"My Senpai is a Terminator!?" takes place in Yokohama International High School, a school opened in the mid 20's to host alumni from all over the world alongside native Japanese students. You could imagine that throughout the years, even through the second world war, that the buildings and grounds hold many secrets passed on from generation to generation.

The Concept

The entire RP is something I'm trying to make with a very comedy-drama supernatural anime magic-school type feel.

Yokohama Highschool is built on an inter dimensional portal system that links the paranormal world of purgatory to the real world. So there are two schools.

The International School within Yokohama, Japan--the human world.
The Inter-Dimension School within Yokohama, Japan--the purgatory world.

Now a days a lot of students, parents, and faculty have been going missing, sometimes "moving away" "getting sick" or "going on vacation" and never coming back. That sort of stuff.

The idea here is that even when people see them again they're totally different than last time.
They're eyes are jet black and soulless. Sometimes they're not even themselves--assuming different identities as new people once they return.

The big plot point is that people are being abducted into the realm of Yokohama Interdimensional High School to pay off their 'karmic debt' by working odd jobs for the 'Board'--a group of powerful faculty in-charge of the city-like realm. These are The Terminators. An agency of odd-job agents. Before becoming a Terminator you sign a contract that seals away the ability to say or write your name and speak of what's going on.

Mortals cannot cross the realm barrier physically. They can only exist in Yokohama Interdimensional High as their soul. The energy is being used to fuel the city.

The twist is that while they do their odd jobs for the Board, their bodies are being harvested for their souls in the real world--which is why people usually return but are never themselves. They're being controlled from within Purgatory.

You may be wondering how they may be able to cross the dimension border once they are Terminators. The answer is simple. They'll be given artificial bodies and new identities--assuming the identities of other unsuspecting citizens and playing along. (These would be covert missions where you fake being someone else). Maybe they'll even run by their old loved ones, unable to ever tell them what was going on.

It's a concept I want to be able to welcome all sorts of elements.
Sci-fi, fantasy, action, suspense, and horror. It's sort of an episodic, mission-based plot centered around a giant general arch.

Somehow they'll need to find out what's truly going on, and save their souls before it's too late

Theme Song/Creative Inspirations

Characters
I'm thinking of making characters in a specific way for this RP.
I think it'd be interesting for everyone to not know eachother's characters outside their basic appearances and general knowledge.

You'll have 2 CS's. A public one, and one for the GMs.
Your public one will have a lot less information--just the basics.
Your GM-CS will have all the information we need to plan around your character.
That way when you're Rping, perhaps it feels a bit more like you're talking to real people for the first time? Of course, this rule changes if your characters know each other and have a history together.
All that can be planned between messages and in the plot threat-- we should try not to give too much away.

if that sounds cool. We can do that. OR we can try having one CS with all the information within the post, but a spoiler that reveals more specific information. That way players get to choose?

Anyways. I thought that'd be cool. I'll also be posting character ideas that I think are cool in case anyone would like to use them ^^. I think it'd be able to help us make varied characters with interesting backgrounds.

For example:

1) An angry, 40-year old single dad destroys his daughter's car after a PTA meeting, enraged. Thus ends up in Purgatory to pay off his karmic debt as a terminator.

2) An angst teen sells his soul 'to the devil' in an occult school club not knowing that it would cause him to be abducted in his sleep, waking up as a terminator.

3) A student from the 1940's that died during the second world war haunts the grounds through purgatory, who also serves as a terminator.

Stuff like that. Just to avoid everyone playing the same person. We'd want a rag tag group of unlikely terminators!

GM NOTE
I'll be developing the idea with a Co-GM hopefully.
I have the ideas but the execution..I'd really appreciate someone to bounce ideas freely off of with. Someone with experience?
Comment if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to salvage my muse, but maybe Co-GMing instead of running everything myself is just the experience I need.

I'm all ears if you'll have me.

Reactions: Solar
Great! Welcome aboard!
Ill post some more ideas soon :)

I've re-explained the concept much clearly. Hopefully it's conveyed a bit better now. ^_^

Pending Updates to be able to start:

1) World Maps & Locations
2) Character Sheets
3) "Season" 1. (Arch #1)

More comes as support shows up

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.