Status
Not open for further replies.
Speirs and Luz would both look for anything around, Luz stuck in an awed state as he noted the features of the gates which laid in front of him, looking at Speirs before pointing his finger at the doors. "Sir. That's a Ruskie star. And those words are Red's, too." As Speirs continued searching, he would nod, looking at the sign for a moment before continuing the search. "Yeah... Sovionok. Whatever it is." Luz turned around to Speirs, speaking up now "How would you know that?" Speirs turned his head, then back to it's search zone as he spoke. "Some dream I had. Don't know why, don't ask. I just know." Luz looked strangely at Speirs, then nodded before helping in the search.

@york
@ResistingTheEnlightened

13lives-t_CA0-articleInline.jpg

Luz finds a lone, yellowed scrap of paper... If he were to turn it over, the only thing it would read was "You are here for a reason." how ominous...​

It seemed that the seatbelt was un-scathed, however, if one looked closely, there was a clear illustration on a little tag on the side, indicating that you're supposed to press the button in order to release yourself from the contraption.​
Bell mashes the button with the hilt of his knife and flies out of the chair quickly, panting "Damn...whatever...that death trap was...it's dumb to have the escape tactic printed in the side of it..." he breathes slowly as he steps off the bus, doubled over from the remaining pain of the sudden fighting with the belt inside "D-Damn...that hurt..." he mutters to himself, before slowly standing up, and seeing someone shoot at someone else

"W-Well...A-Alright then" he mutters as he watches with wide eyes, unsure of what to do

@The Tactician
@ShadowPrime

Bell mashes the button with the hilt of his knife and flies out of the chair quickly, panting "Damn...whatever...that death trap was...it's dumb to have the escape tactic printed in the side of it..." he breathes slowly as he steps off the bus, doubled over from the remaining pain of the sudden fighting with the belt inside "D-Damn...that hurt..." he mutters to himself, before slowly standing up, and seeing someone shoot at someone else

"W-Well...A-Alright then" he mutters as he watches with wide eyes, unsure of what to do

@The Tactician
@ShadowPrime
tumblr_inline_msxa0snhGC1qz4rgp.png

"Let me guess, don't know how you got here?"​

The male nodded, groaning a little as he rubbed his head "My name's Semyon... I think I fell asleep on a bus, on a way to some reunion..." he murmured, it was clear that it was difficult trying to recall the details that happened after that, however... It was also apparant that he wanted answers, and he probably wasn't the only one either.​

"I am Orie." She introduced herself. "And I hope we can all work together to overcome this."

@york @Bomb @TheBlueBurch

tumblr_inline_msx9z7r6ke1qz4rgp.png

"Maybe things won't be so crazy and bad with-"

"Nevermind." I guess me and Yellow can't ask for anything normal today... Hajime sighed before turning back to Yellow, "So, your friend there, Chu. What exactly is she?"​
Scout takes notice of Hajime sighing...in his general direction! Scout puffs up his chest and walks over, pointing at him "Ay! What are you lookin' at? I dont remember givin' you permission to look at me!" his eyes obviously tell Hajime he is still angry and in shock about this whole situation.​

Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Let me guess, don't know how you got here?"​
"Yeah...about sums it up, I suppose..." Bell mutters with a small shrug "And er...I don't suppose you know how to get back from here...that would be way too simple..."

"A bus seat isn't a living being," Hajime countered with an annoyed expression, "Some of us aren't used to having weapons pointed at us, so forgive me and anyone else who takes offense to it."​
"...I'm sorry(not sorry) but look at all the fucks I give. They're just falling from the sky! Oh wait, nothing is falling. I'm really really really trying to care but my box of cares is empty! And the more you talk, the more you bore me. I hate boredom. Even more then rules, well to do lawyers and jelly donuts. Ugh." She mock gagged.

"And guns have feelings too, you know."

Scout takes notice of Hajime sighing...in his general direction! Scout puffs up his chest and walks over, pointing at him "Ay! What are you lookin' at? I dont remember givin' you permission to look at me!" his eyes obviously tell Hajime he is still angry and in shock about this whole situation.​
tumblr_inline_msxa16Qwpc1qz4rgp.png

"Listen, man, I'm not trying to start a fight. I think we're both just as confused as the others," Hajime explained, holding his hand up in a defensive manner.​

@ResistingTheEnlightened

13lives-t_CA0-articleInline.jpg

Luz finds a lone, yellowed scrap of paper... If he were to turn it over, the only thing it would read was "You are here for a reason." how ominous...​
"Sir. I got something." Luz would read the note multiple times as he walked toward Speirs, an expression filled with something strange would appear as he gave it to Speirs. "You're 'ere for a reason. Whatever that means." As Speirs read it over, his finger slowly went to unlock the Thompson from "Safe" to "Fire." Speirs looked at the multiple amounts of people before pointing at Luz. "Try the radio. See if you can get anything." Luz nodded at this, then kneeled as he took of the large radio that covered the entirety of his back, seemingly searching for a radio frequency
@york

"Listen, man, I'm not trying to start a fight. I think we're both just as confused as the others," Hajime explained, holding his hand up in a defensive manner.​
Cecil looked at Hajime. "He's right. The only clue we have to our location is the word Sovionok." Cecil sheathed his sword. "Perhaps the confusion is making him stressed."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

tumblr_inline_msx9z7r6ke1qz4rgp.png

"Maybe things won't be so crazy and bad with-"

"Nevermind." I guess me and Yellow can't ask for anything normal today... Hajime sighed before turning back to Yellow, "So, your friend there, Chu. What exactly is she?"​
"Oh, you've never seen one? She's a Pikachu," Yellow told Hajime.

"Pika!" Chuchu cried, smiling and waving at Hajime as she felt she was being talked about.

"Please calm down!" Yellow exclaimed, holding out both hands towards the man.

She had no idea what Jinx was talking about.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @People outside

Scout would smirk, his dog tags bouncing up and down on his puffed up chest . He steps back, looking to the group "Heh, that's what I thought. I don't know how any of us got here but I aint stayin' around here for long. Not gonna sit around and work in some crappy camp, no way"

Scout turns around, looking as if he is about to walk away before pausing and turning back around

"I, uh..you all got here the same way, right?" he said in a much more passive tone. Speaking highly of himself calmed him down, apparently.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @Kaykay @People outside

"Oh, you've never seen one? She's a Pikachu," Yellow told Hajime.

"Pika!" Chuchu cried, smiling and waving at Hajime as she felt she was being talked about.

"Please calm down!" Yellow exclaimed, holding out both hands towards the man.

She had no idea what Jinx was talking about.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @People outside
tumblr_inline_msx9zvaHN71qz4rgp.png

Deciding to ignore Scout and Jinx for now, Hajime focused on Yellow and Chu, "A Pikachu, huh? Never heard of them, but if they're anything like Chu," He smiled as he held a hand out to Chu to ask permission to pet her, "Then I'm sure they're all great."

@Kaykay @ShadowPrime @Crunchycheezeit @york

Bill Cipher looked at the bunch who were ignoring them. AHEM. May I remind you I exist, or are you guys to busy calling this guy insane to notice me. Said Bill, Canada being quiet as he preferred to stay quiet during social situation. Those are some mighty fine sword skills, Castle Man. Said Bill to Cecil.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay

Scout would smirk, his dog tags bouncing up and down on his puffed up chest . He steps back, looking to the group "Heh, that's what I thought. I don't know how any of us got here but I aint stayin' around here for long. Not gonna sit around and work in some crappy camp, no way"

Scout turns around, looking as if he is about to walk away before pausing and turning back around

"I, uh..you all got here the same way, right?" he said in a much more passive tone. Speaking highly of himself calmed him down, apparently.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @Kaykay @People outside
tumblr_inline_msx9zvaHN71qz4rgp.png

"Everyone got here by bus, apparently, but we all seem to remember falling asleep and waking up on it," Hajime explained, weirded out a little by the sudden shift in personality.

@Kaykay @ShadowPrime @york @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"I am Orie." She introduced herself. "And I hope we can all work together to overcome this."

@york @Bomb @TheBlueBurch
Semyon
@Jeremi @Bomb @TheBlueBurch

This seemed to make Semyon feel a little better "That would be for the best I suppose..." he said, looking towards the direction the bus was; thankfully, it ws only around 15 meters away, looks like they didn't get too far.​

The male nodded, groaning a little as he rubbed his head "My name's Semyon... I think I fell asleep on a bus, on a way to some reunion..." he murmured, it was clear that it was difficult trying to recall the details that happened after that, however... It was also apparant that he wanted answers, and he probably wasn't the only one either.​
"You fell asleep too? That's the last thing I remembered, after reading some message about Sovinok or something!" Gary said.

"What's this reunion or something?" Gary asked.

@Jeremi @TheBlueBurch @others that i missed​

~Prologue: The Garden of Sinners~

Shiki Ryougi didn't dream.

It hadn't always been that way; actually, it was a rather recent development. She used to have all sorts of vivid dreams, about the kind of thing people stopped caring about when they got older. She may have been a reclusive, oddity of a child with strict parents and few friends, but she was still a child. And children dreamed.

Then came her "accident".

That was what her family, doctors, and even Mikiya liked to call it, but she knew better. She was pretty sure they knew better, too, but they sugarcoated it anyway. On some level, it annoyed Shiki that they couldn't call things as they were, couldn't be real with her, but she supposed she couldn't really fault them for it. Nor did she care to. Her family, respected as they were, had to save face. Her doctors, fearful of her family, had no choice but to wear false smiles and pretend everything was all right and okay, especially after having all but written her off as dead during the span of her two-year coma. And Mikiya...

Well, Mikiya was just Mikiya. Shiki had a hard time discerning whether he was an optimist or simply naive, but whatever he was, he had always been that way. She was used to it.

The point of all this was, ever since that pouring night on the roadside in the shadow of a bamboo forest, Shiki had not experienced a single dream. Perhaps her capacity to dream was among the things she lost that night, or perhaps her mind simply realized the pointlessness of hallucinating a reality that wasn't true. Either way, all she knew from the moment her eyes drifted shut at night to the moment they flickered open in the morning was nothingness.

Until about a week ago.

It was around then that she first experienced the strange, recurring vision, an image of some sort of wrought iron gate, framed by words she recognized as Russian. Stranger still, she found that she understood them. Among the memories of her life before the "accident", the memories she recalled but could not relate to, she remembered learning English as part of the rigorous educational regime her parents instilled; but never Russian. So it made little sense that she, a girl hailing from Japan, could perfectly comprehend a language that by all rights should've been gibberish to her.

She knew right from the moment she awoke that first morning that there was significance in the dream. Even if her brain rediscovered its ability to experience images as she slept, why would it be something as random and nonsensical as that? She was sure there was something more to it, some technical magical nonsense she couldn't care less to understand.

So she went to someone who did.

Ryougi02.png

"If I wanted something like this I would've just gone to the flea market, Touko..."

She complained, having returned to her apartment following a quick visit to the elder Aozaki, sitting cross-legged atop her bed as she examined the trinket she'd been given. The magus seemed convinced it'd block unwanted mental intrusions while she slept, provided their origin was magical in the sense she knew it. Shiki wasn't so certain, though she put it up regardless, just to see if it would work.

It didn't.

And at that point, what did Shiki do? Did she report back to Touko, seeking further analysis? Did she attempt to uncover the source of the dreams herself? Did she use her Mystic Eyes to kill the very concept of dreams within herself, thereby freeing her of the mysterious vision's influence?

Nope. She just stopped caring.

Every night, the dream returned, its intensity and vividness surpassing the night before it. And every night, Ryougi grew more and more impatient. Was this actually leading to anything, or was someone just doing it to bug her? She was getting restless. Her gut instinct told her somebody was trying to contact her in some way, and in her experience, her gut was rarely wrong.

As though in spiteful defiance towards whoever may have been doing so, she took to sleeping less and less, fulfilling an old habit of hers and embarking on late-night walks through the city she called home. She always enjoyed strolling through Mifune at night, enjoyed the sight of the industrial pylons and the corpselike stench left by their thick, billowing plumes of smoke; or, at least, the Shiki from her memories did. The Shiki she was still struggling to reconnect with. The Shiki Ryougi that was. The one from before the coma.

Of course, she was that Shiki Ryougi. At least, that was what her brain told her. But even still, those memories felt a lifetime away, as though she was seeing them through another's eyes; like they were reflections on water and the water was muddy. She retained everything, recalled everything with perfect clarity, but she just... she couldn't find herself accepting those memories for what they were. It was like trying to piece together a jigsaw that didn't fit.

In truth, maybe the reason these dreams were making her so impatient was the same reason she went on these walks at night; because deep down she was eager for something, anything, to connect her to her past life. In a sad, miserable way, it was like she'd fallen in love with her previous self.

On one such night, as Shiki walked down a lonely avenue at the height of the evening, unbothered by the winter chill and snowflakes that gently drifted and spiraled down around her, she suddenly felt the strangest sensation of drowsiness coming over her, her eyelids growing heavy and movements becoming sluggish. Her hand flashed to the back of her kimono's sash, where she kept her knife, on instinct, but as she grunted and lurched up against the nearest wall she realized the fact was that there was nothing to stab.

Ugh. How annoying.

Still, as she slowly slid down the cold surface of the wall and her vision darkened, the expression she wore was... decidedly not one you'd expect. It was a smirk. She had an inkling this sudden sensation, whatever it was, was connected to that recurring dream... which meant whoever was behind those was finally making their move.

Good.

Things... had been boring around here, lately... anyway...

NdcBaHL.gif

Shiki's awakening was a slow one. She never was a morning person.

Even she couldn't ignore the intrusive jingle of music for long, though, and after a few moments of it persisting her eyes slowly, groggily eased open, only to shut again a couple of times as her pupils struggled to cope with the sudden intake of light. So. It was a kidnapping. Well, it wasn't exactly the first time, though she was used to waking up in handcuffs or confined within the reality bubble of a madman, not... on a bus. Even so, she found herself unable to move for a good while, in an odd half-awake haze until the bus finally came to a complete stop. She remained awake all throughout the journey, trying to make herself as alert as she could manage, but all her efforts really earned her was the lilting, melodic tone of some female, right on the edge of her hearing threshold.

When she finally came to her senses fully, she quickly took stock of her surroundings, keen eyes giving the environment a once-over as she noted the other bus passengers and their surroundings. They were all speaking English, but if her dream was accurate they were more than likely in Russia, so... that meant they were more than likely as clueless as she was. Great.

She wasted little time in heading outside, giving everyone she passed a cool glance of neutrality en route to the camp's gate. She cut quite the figure in her light-blue kimono and contrasting red leather jacket, but didn't acknowledge anyone directly beyond the appraising look.

pg0hlq9.png

She didn't miss a beat upon being blocked by the invisible force in front of the gate, and after a moment or two of patting the barrier down to determine its girth she shifted gears. Glancing left, then right, she casually strode down the length of the wall adjacent to the camp's entrance, coming to a stop in front of the brick, spiked structure that was the wall.

At which point she took a deep breath, tensed, and attempted to jump it.

@york @whoever​

"Sir. I got something." Luz would read the note multiple times as he walked toward Speirs, an expression filled with something strange would appear as he gave it to Speirs. "You're 'ere for a reason. Whatever that means." As Speirs read it over, his finger slowly went to unlock the Thompson from "Safe" to "Fire." Speirs looked at the multiple amounts of people before pointing at Luz. "Try the radio. See if you can get anything." Luz nodded at this, then kneeled as he took of the large radio that covered the entirety of his back, seemingly searching for a radio frequency
@york
Nope, no radio-signal, just a bunch of static... Looks like they were out in the middle of practically nowhere.​

~Prologue: The Garden of Sinners~

Shiki Ryougi didn't dream.

It hadn't always been that way; actually, it was a rather recent development. She used to have all sorts of vivid dreams, about the kind of thing people stopped caring about when they got older. She may have been a reclusive, oddity of a child with strict parents and few friends, but she was still a child. And children dreamed.

Then came her "accident".

That was what her family, doctors, and even Mikiya liked to call it, but she knew better. She was pretty sure they knew better, too, but they sugarcoated it anyway. On some level, it annoyed Shiki that they couldn't call things as they were, couldn't be real with her, but she supposed she couldn't really fault them for it. Nor did she care to. Her family, respected as they were, had to save face. Her doctors, fearful of her family, had no choice but to wear false smiles and pretend everything was all right and okay, especially after having all but written her off as dead during the span of her two-year coma. And Mikiya...

Well, Mikiya was just Mikiya. Shiki had a hard time discerning whether he was an optimist or simply naive, but whatever he was, he had always been that way. She was used to it.

The point of all this was, ever since that pouring night on the roadside in the shadow of a bamboo forest, Shiki had not experienced a single dream. Perhaps her capacity to dream was among the things she lost that night, or perhaps her mind simply realized the pointlessness of hallucinating a reality that wasn't true. Either way, all she knew from the moment her eyes drifted shut at night to the moment they flickered open in the morning was nothingness.

Until about a week ago.

It was around then that she first experienced the strange, recurring vision, an image of some sort of wrought iron gate, framed by words she recognized as Russian. Stranger still, she found that she understood them. Among the memories of her life before the "accident", the memories she recalled but could not relate to, she remembered learning English as part of the rigorous educational regime her parents instilled; but never Russian. So it made little sense that she, a girl hailing from Japan, could perfectly comprehend a language that by all rights should've been gibberish to her.

She knew right from the moment she awoke that first morning that there was significance in the dream. Even if her brain rediscovered its ability to experience images as she slept, why would it be something as random and nonsensical as that? She was sure there was something more to it, some technical magical nonsense she couldn't care less to understand.

So she went to someone who did.

Ryougi02.png

"If I wanted something like this I would've just gone to the flea market, Touko..."

She complained, having returned to her apartment following a quick visit to the elder Aozaki, sitting cross-legged atop her bed as she examined the trinket she'd been given. The magus seemed convinced it'd block unwanted mental intrusions while she slept, provided their origin was magical in the sense she knew it. Shiki wasn't so certain, though she put it up regardless, just to see if it would work.

It didn't.

And at that point, what did Shiki do? Did she report back to Touko, seeking further analysis? Did she attempt to uncover the source of the dreams herself? Did she use her Mystic Eyes to kill the very concept of dreams within herself, thereby freeing her of the mysterious vision's influence?

Nope. She just stopped caring.

Every night, the dream returned, its intensity and vividness surpassing the night before it. And every night, Ryougi grew more and more impatient. Was this actually leading to anything, or was someone just doing it to bug her? She was getting restless. Her gut instinct told her somebody was trying to contact her in some way, and in her experience, her gut was rarely wrong.

As though in spiteful defiance towards whoever may have been doing so, she took to sleeping less and less, fulfilling an old habit of hers and embarking on late-night walks through the city she called home. She always enjoyed strolling through Mifune at night, enjoyed the sight of the industrial pylons and the corpselike stench left by their thick, billowing plumes of smoke; or, at least, the Shiki from her memories did. The Shiki she was still struggling to reconnect with. The Shiki Ryougi that was. The one from before the coma.

Of course, she was that Shiki Ryougi. At least, that was what her brain told her. But even still, those memories felt a lifetime away, as though she was seeing them through another's eyes; like they were reflections on water and the water was muddy. She retained everything, recalled everything with perfect clarity, but she just... she couldn't find herself accepting those memories for what they were. It was like trying to piece together a jigsaw that didn't fit.

In truth, maybe the reason these dreams were making her so impatient was the same reason she went on these walks at night; because deep down she was eager for something, anything, to connect her to her past life. In a sad, miserable way, it was like she'd fallen in love with her previous self.

On one such night, as Shiki walked down a lonely avenue at the height of the evening, unbothered by the winter chill and snowflakes that gently drifted and spiraled down around her, she suddenly felt the strangest sensation of drowsiness coming over her, her eyelids growing heavy and movements becoming sluggish. Her hand flashed to the back of her kimono's sash, where she kept her knife, on instinct, but as she grunted and lurched up against the nearest wall she realized the fact was that there was nothing to stab.

Ugh. How annoying.

Still, as she slowly slid down the cold surface of the wall and her vision darkened, the expression she wore was... decidedly not one you'd expect. It was a smirk. She had an inkling this sudden sensation, whatever it was, was connected to that recurring dream... which meant whoever was behind those was finally making their move.

Good.

Things... had been boring around here, lately... anyway...

NdcBaHL.gif

Shiki's awakening was a slow one. She never was a morning person.

Even she couldn't ignore the intrusive jingle of music for long, though, and after a few moments of it persisting her eyes slowly, groggily eased open, only to shut again a couple of times as her pupils struggled to cope with the sudden intake of light. So. It was a kidnapping. Well, it wasn't exactly the first time, though she was used to waking up in handcuffs or confined within the reality bubble of a madman, not... on a bus. Even so, she found herself unable to move for a good while, in an odd half-awake haze until the bus finally came to a complete stop. She remained awake all throughout the journey, trying to make herself as alert as she could manage, but all her efforts really earned her was the lilting, melodic tone of some female, right on the edge of her hearing threshold.

When she finally came to her senses fully, she quickly took stock of her surroundings, keen eyes giving the environment a once-over as she noted the other bus passengers and their surroundings. They were all speaking English, but if her dream was accurate they were more than likely in Russia, so... that meant they were more than likely as clueless as she was. Great.

She wasted little time in heading outside, giving everyone she passed a cool glance of neutrality en route to the camp's gate. She cut quite the figure in her light-blue kimono and contrasting red leather jacket, but didn't acknowledge anyone directly beyond the appraising look.

pg0hlq9.png

She didn't miss a beat upon being blocked by the invisible force in front of the gate, and after a moment or two of patting the barrier down to determine its girth she shifted gears. Glancing left, then right, she casually strode down the length of the wall adjacent to the camp's entrance, coming to a stop in front of the brick, spiked structure that was the wall.

At which point she took a deep breath, tensed, and attempted to jump it.

@york @whoever​
Looks like jumping didn't work, an unseen force pushed Shiki backwards, causing her to land backwards... Unscathed for the most part; it appeared that the gates were inaccessible, for the time being anyways​

Status
Not open for further replies.