Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding her on his hip this time, Frank kept walking, trying to get Ryan as far away from the bodies as possible. When they reached a decent distance, he stopped and looked her in the eyes for a moment. The old man took her sadness in. Felt it spread to him. At least she probably didn't know who it was. After a moment, he kissed her forehead and went to hold her in more of a hug. His attempts to comfort her were wordless, but they were attempts nonetheless.

@Hospes

The child didn't resist, simply tried to process this all. There was a long silence as she thought this all over- which wasn't a good thing -, before she finally spoke up, her voice much quieter than before. "..Who could do something like this?" she asked, her eyes slowly drifting up to meet Frank's with a saddened undertone. "Who would just.. just... take someone's life without reason?" Based solely upon her tone, it was almost like Ryan's words were a plea to The One Above All to make this tragedy stop then and there. The child had been about to say more.. When her bright blue eyes met Frank's. And in those few moments, actions probably spoke a lot louder than words. Which is why she returned the embrace in absolute silence.
This time it was that Minato guy, and some random person Saiai didn't know. She'd come to enjoy teasing the guy and, weird as he was, they were sort of allies in this unfamiliar place.

Kinuhata took a cursory glance of the surroundings. Burned bodies, and a broken gas lamp. What happened was obvious...right? But perhaps some sort of pyrokinetic set up the gas lamp to make it look like anyone could do it. As she noticed Frank walk off with Ryan, Kinuhata decided to follow. The poor kid was probably really upset about all this.

...Yeah. She was holding up, but she was visibly upset. The two almost looked like family, if she didn't know better. There was nothing she could really add to that. So the Esper just spoke her own mind.

UAUyDIJ.png

"I'm gonna super make them pay. You can be super sure of that."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @everyone I guess​
Frank's blue eyes looked up at Kinu from the embrace. He didn't say anything, but the hate-filled look in his eyes said he was on board with that.

@Kaykay
@Hospes

If only for the sake of her two companions, Ryan forced a small, shaky smile, lacking her typical shine. There was a slight pause, before Ryan squirmed slightly and tried to gently pull Kinuhata into the embrace, as well. Of course, she'd only do this if the other girl let her; upset or not, she wasn't about to force something someone didn't want upon them.

@BarrenThin @Kaykay

tumblr_nsq61mWix71s307p6o1_500.gif

Mari shrugged. "Someone who would not hesitate to kill them?", she suggested, based on the advice from Archer. She wondered about the obvious suspects, but also thought of who might be less suspect, but equally capable. "Do you have any suspicions?", she asked both Percy and Annabeth. "It is too bad you were not with them Percy, perhaps your abilities might have saved them?

@The Silver Paladin

Percy and Annabeth shook their heads. "No, we don't. Sorry." Annabeth said.

Percy looked like he was about to break down after the comment about his powers. "Yes, I should have been near, but maybe I would have also been killed. It seems like this is my fault, ok? I should have been here."

Reactions: Mari
Judging from the nature of what seemed to be left of the glass, the glass was destroyed from the inside, and the gas was completely used up. Who could tell if it had been tampered with physically though?

@Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Everyone
"The lantern was... destroyed from the inside?" Karin said, confused.

"..." Ethel silently and coldly put a vote to the only person that came to mind. It was the name that he gave to Ethel. Pyro.

@Verite

The child didn't resist, simply tried to process this all. There was a long silence as she thought this all over- which wasn't a good thing -, before she finally spoke up, her voice much quieter than before. "..Who could do something like this?" she asked, her eyes slowly drifting up to meet Frank's with a saddened undertone. "Who would just.. just... take someone's life without reason?" Based solely upon her tone, it was almost like Ryan's words were a plea to The One Above All to make this tragedy stop then and there. The child had been about to say more.. When her bright blue eyes met Frank's. And in those few moments, actions probably spoke a lot louder than words. Which is why she returned the embrace in absolute silence.

If only for the sake of her two companions, Ryan forced a small, shaky smile, lacking her typical shine. There was a slight pause, before Ryan squirmed slightly and tried to gently pull Kinuhata into the embrace, as well. Of course, she'd only do this if the other girl let her; upset or not, she wasn't about to force something someone didn't want upon them.

@BarrenThin @Kaykay

If Kinu let herself get drawn in, Frank welcomed her into a sort of group hug. Either way, he didn't answer Ryan's question, because there was no way to answer it. He just stroked her hair and shushed her gently.

@Kaykay
@Hospes

Mid-Chapter Update

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
After escaping from the massive assault on Einzbern Castle, headed by the presumed orchestrator of the Murder Game in question, Fiamma of the Right, you all find yourselves retreating to the nearby Fuyuki City, which was, strangely enough, completely empty for the most part. With that, you would all decide to split up and investigate the place to see just what was going on.

Those who would travel to the Emiya Residence would come into a brief clash with Saber, the mystical Servant of one Shirou Emiya, a young man who had been experiencing visions and dreams of his other incarnations throughout the multiverse participating in Murder Games just like the ones that you all found yourselves in right now, providing some more insight on the workings of the phenomena. With that, he would also treat some of the visitors to a meal, using his Reinforcement magecraft to increase the nourishment of the food and allow those who participated in the meal to regain some of their power. Perhaps even enough to use their Noble Phantasm.

Those who would make their way over to the Station Front would encounter a young woman named Caren Hortensia, who had arrived on the behalf of the Holy Church to oversee the Murder Game, stating that she has a dual agenda; finally meeting her long estranged father, Kirei Kotomine, a man that some are familiar with. Before they could get far though, a strange creature known as the Neco-Arc would steal Caren's hat, prompting them to get it back and subdue it before getting any further in their conversation.

Meanwhile, those who would travel to the Shopping District would encounter a certain priest who had offered them some mapo tofu. The priest in question, the familiar Kirei Kotomine who had also gone through his fair share of Murder Games, would comment on the number of Survivors that were around now, as well as the mystery of how the Murder Games were still going on, despite the effective death of the Arch Demon some time ago.

Those who went to the Tohsaka Residence would be split between investigating the kitchen and the bedroom. The players who went into the kitchen would come across a man who called himself Archer. After serving everyone present some tea, he would give his two cents, providing a hint on who he believes may or may not be the identity of one of the Traitors; in his own words, "a good killer is someone who does not flinch easily. Someone who would hardly even bat an eyelash while committing such an atrocity."

On the other hand, those who went to investigate the bedroom would find a certain girl named Rin Tohsaka locked in a magical chest, claiming that she was looking for a mystical weapon possibly capable of combating Fiamma of the Right, called the Kaleidoscope. Going with her into the magical chest would place everyone in a strange, cave-like place. Some ended up finding an interdimensional phone that was used to contact a young man named Motoharu Tsuchimikado, who talked of "a Level 0 picking a fight with the Accelerator" while the others had indeed found the Kaleidoscope. However, it quickly proved to be unreliable when all it would end up doing was transform Rin into a spunky magical girl, much to her chagrin once she would come to later.

Each and every one of these people would find themselves being led to the Church, where Kirei Kotomine appeared to be the source of all the information at the moment.

latest

As you would all make your way to the Church on the hill, taking the bridge on the way, the sun would quickly fall, and night would make itself known throughout the city. The warmth of the sun and the chirping of the birds were replaced by a chilling darkness and an eerie quiet. It was somewhat fitting, especially for those who knew just what the destination would entail.

And the man who was waiting for them there.

However, on the way there, you would come across a most unsettling sight before you all. Corpses. Upon closer inspection, they would turn out to be the dead bodies of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato. Of course, it was initially rather difficult to tell, given that they were both burned to a crisp. Further investigation would yield that one of the gas lamps was broken, and it had been broken recently as well. More specifically, the glass was broken and the light was completely out.

Who knew what that might mean? Could it be related to their deaths somehow?

gsRZxdX.png

"Damn, those Traitors have already made their move, huh? This isn't good..." Rin murmured to herself, "Looks like before we can move on, you guys will have to decide who amongst yourselves might be a Traitor, or else they might feel comfortable enough to pull another fast one on us. Kirei will have to wait... What a shame about that," she muttered sarcastically. Death wasn't something she exactly wanted to get used to, but when in something called a Murder Game... well, that was inevitable, it seemed.

In any case, it was debate and voting time. Go nuts.

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" (One Piece)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro (Marvel Comics)
@The Man Without Fear as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@Nater Taters as Kirby (Kirby)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu (OC)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!
Cinder Fall
@Verite @Bomb @Others
tumblr_inline_neegbxtrpy1sk47ji.png

Cinder, naturally, decided to approach the body carefully, studying the evidence they had "An interesting way to cover your tracks..." she commented dully, cocking her head as she stared at the bodies for a moments, noticing the... Interesting nature of this murder, given the fact that the oil lantern had blown up from the inside, meaning something must have caused enough pressure to cause it to burst, or, it was in fact just a faulty lamp to begin with...​

Judging from the nature of what seemed to be left of the glass, the glass was destroyed from the inside, and the gas was completely used up. Who could tell if it had been tampered with physically though?

"Destroyed from... the inside?" Battler scratched the back of his head with some uncertainty. It was hard to tell if someone tampered with it physically... but if it really was from the inside.

"Our culprit must have some inherit supernatural ability to break the gas lamp from the inside or knew how to work the gas lamp to the point of it bursting..." Erika added another Blue Truth to consider. Her eyes glanced and scanned over the possible suspects for this kill. She wanted to solve this mystery, so at least Robin and Minato wouldn't become unsolved mysteries...

tumblr_nsq61mWix71s307p6o1_500.gif

Mari shrugged. "Someone who would not hesitate to kill them?", she suggested, based on the advice from Archer. She wondered about the obvious suspects, but also thought of who might be less suspect, but equally capable. "Do you have any suspicions?", she asked both Percy and Annabeth. "It is too bad you were not with them Percy, perhaps your abilities might have saved them?

@The Silver Paladin
"Guess me and Erika are gonna keep that in mind. Maybe I'm gonna try out some thinking, like...flipping the chessboard..." Battler noted on what Mari said.

@Crimson Spartan @Mari @everyone

Reactions: Mari
tumblr_inline_navtx2ebAK1sfvecc.jpg

"Zouken... Matou..." Robin would remember that name. The name, the face, the clothing, the speech pattern, the face, everything about this old man, he would remember clearly and without mistake. Once they escaped, plans would need to be made to deal with him and his associates. In his mind, the names Zouken Matou and Fiamma of the Right became a steady mantra, burning into his mind for good. He wasn't going to allow this humiliation to stand, and he wasn't going to allow the codger's plans to go through. Illya's reaction to Zouken told him all that he needed to know about the man's reputation.

He wasn't going to be this man's tool. Not after his father. Not after Grima. He was not a puppet on strings anymore.

"Funny... I'll remember to give you my thanks when we escape, old man."

tumblr_inline_n7swgcJ8Nu1suuiq8.png

On the other hand, Minato couldn't shake the sinister, almost pedophilic vibe he sensed from Zouken. It was almost like the priest, but unlike the seeming passivity of Kirei... This one's active. Aggressive, his plans are going to be grand in the scale of their destruction, I can already feel it. "If mana means magical potential... Then you picked the wrong subject. I can't use magic," It was a half-truth at best, but Minato himself wasn't sure. He had never question his powers before, seeing them only as a necessary tool in his duties.

"Though I'm surprised you didn't break your hip as you came down here," A flash of an old TV commercial appeared in his mind, and a smirk formed on his face, "Help, my kidnapper has fallen and can't get up!" Perhaps he should just shut his mouth, he was cruising for a wallop by that walking cane. However, he still had questions, and he was going to be persistent in his interrogation, "Anyways... Is this where you boast and gloat about your evil plans to the designated heroes?"
The old man simply chuckled, as though Minato were telling a funny joke. It didn't seem like taunting him would get a rise out of him, or get him to do anything noteworthy. Still, when Minato would inquire about his plans, Zouken would give the blue-haired young man a peculiar look, one eye becoming bigger than the other.

"Child, there are no heroes in war. Only victors. Haven't you ever heard the saying? History is written by the victors... Ah, but I suppose that is irrelevant," he spoke with a soft sigh, "My plans are not something you should concern yourself with. I only desire enough magical energy to summon the Holy Grail. So I may look upon the face of Justeze Lizrich von Einzbern once again and fulfill my own wish. That is the extent of my plan, and while it may sound unimpressive to someone like you, it is that. Therefore, what I plan has nothing to do with you. You are merely a stepping stone for me, and when your usefulness has been extinguished, so shall you."

Illya kept quiet during all this, simply glaring at him while he spoke, though the old man easily ignored her for the time being.

"In any case, it appears my plans will be on hold for the time being, until you inevitably lull yourself back to sleep. And then we will extract your energy from there," the old man said, beginning to turn around and slowly walk back out the room, up the stairs and out the door, "Until then, I do hope you shall keep yourself entertained..."

And with that, he was gone, leaving the three of you to yourselves for now.

"Tch... first, Berserker is taken away from me. Next, my own life, or so I thought. And after that, if this keeps going, my pride as the head of the Einzbern family..." The young girl sighed.

@The Tactician

3vJnXcE.png

The light that departed when the sun set that evening was not the only ray of light that left Ilona that day...

The ringing sound of her small sword colliding with the pavement beneath her feet seemed to last for minutes in Ilona's ears, much like the shock her mental state had begun to experience. Her blue eyes gazed out a few feet ahead of her, fixed on one of the bodies of the victims before her. Her body was stiff and her expression appeared hazy, as if she were in a daze while trying to grasp the absolutely terrible reality in front of her. She opened her mouth, but only a single whimper escaped her lips.

"Sir Minato?"

Though her feet felt heavier than bricks, she suddenly rushed over to him, dropping to her knees next to the charred corpse of her young friend. Glass from the broken lamp stuck into her knees, but she ignored it as tears of grief welled up in her eyes. She dropped her head, crying an instant later.

Reaching up with a shaky hand, the girl took a single orange flower from her hair and plucked it out. She twirled it in her fingers for a moment as she sniffled, before gently placing it into one of Minato's palms and wrapping his fingers around it.

"Goodbye."

She dropped her hands to the ground afterwards, openly crying as she remained there.

"My mother almost had a baby boy once, but he died before he could even take his first breath. I bet he died because I wanted a brother really bad. I bet that's why Minato died too. He was like... the big brother I wanted, the one I could never have."

"The one I never will have."

• Love
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
The old man simply chuckled, as though Minato were telling a funny joke. It didn't seem like taunting him would get a rise out of him, or get him to do anything noteworthy. Still, when Minato would inquire about his plans, Zouken would give the blue-haired young man a peculiar look, one eye becoming bigger than the other.

"Child, there are no heroes in war. Only victors. Haven't you ever heard the saying? History is written by the victors... Ah, but I suppose that is irrelevant," he spoke with a soft sigh, "My plans are not something you should concern yourself with. I only desire enough magical energy to summon the Holy Grail. So I may look upon the face of Justeze Lizrich von Einzbern once again and fulfill my own wish. That is the extent of my plan, and while it may sound unimpressive to someone like you, it is that. Therefore, what I plan has nothing to do with you. You are merely a stepping stone for me, and when your usefulness has been extinguished, so shall you."

Illya kept quiet during all this, simply glaring at him while he spoke, though the old man easily ignored her for the time being.

"In any case, it appears my plans will be on hold for the time being, until you inevitably lull yourself back to sleep. And then we will extract your energy from there," the old man said, beginning to turn around and slowly walk back out the room, up the stairs and out the door, "Until then, I do hope you shall keep yourself entertained..."

And with that, he was gone, leaving the three of you to yourselves for now.

"Tch... first, Berserker is taken away from me. Next, my own life, or so I thought. And after that, if this keeps going, my pride as the head of the Einzbern family..." The young girl sighed.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_n7swfoedsv1suuiq8.png

Bingo, a name. While on the outside, there was little emotion to examine in Minato, on the inside, his mind was a flurry of activity. He recognized the last name at least (as did Robin), and the observant boy could guess at the connection between the Matou and the dead von Einzbern. Lovers perhaps? Someone he had been devoted and loyal to in life? Either way, I can just imagine the work he has put into this plan. Humans are always willing to go to great lengths to reconnect with and see their loved ones again...

"Miss Illya, could you tell us anything about this woman he speaks of? It seems odd you and she share a common last name given your apparent noble standing."

tumblr_inline_navtwrQEIQ1sfvecc.jpg

Robin gave the shackles another check as his fellow player spoke and nodded, "Maybe an old member of your house, Miss Einzbern? One who passed away long ago? It seems the man who has us cornered is much older than any of us, so this could be a very distant relative."

@Verite

Intermission
"The Lightning Swordsman"

DpPwrwi.png

Ryoudou Temple was a sacred place in Fuyuki City.

It is said to be the heart of the place. Located approximately forty minutes by foot from the Emiya Residence, it acts as the keystone of the Fuyuki leylines. A renowned place of worship, no one bothers to assault that place out of sheer respect. But someone like Fiamma of the Right, the leader of the most powerful Christian organization of his world, God's Right Seat, had no concern for such a thing. It could burn for all he cared. It could burn for all he cared.

The way up was long. But someone like him had all the time in the world.

The magician made his way up the stairs. Step. Step. Step. Logically, if the Survivors had somehow managed to escape from Einzbern Castle, they'd have to find somewhere else to reside. They'd have to find a place for shelter.

In a Murder Game, the game would be "lost" if the players all died for good, right? Unlike the other fools that were as expendable as the very air they breathed, like Aku and that annoying Ghirahim, Fiamma of the Right was not about to idly sit by in the back and let others do his dirty work for him. Not anymore. He was going to do his own work, and his own work would entail wiping out the participants. That was how he would win the Murder Game this time around. And in the process, maybe even kill that annoying man.

Step. Step. Step.

Crunch.

Someone else was here. Though Fiamma of the Right was by no means a superhuman when it came to perception and awareness of other physical presences, a foreign crunch was something even he could detect.

Silence assaulted the stairs of the temple. Someone else was definitely here, and there was definitely going to be something done about it. But the question remained... who was going to make the first move?

"You have an awful lot of confidence in yourself to walk as nonchalantly as you do," a voice said, the source continuing to make himself unknown to Fiamma of the Right.

"If you are going to try to kill me, do it now. I have little time to waste with insects," the mastermind spoke irritably.

Suddenly, the leaves of the trees ruffled ever so slightly, and before the magician knew it, a man resembling a samurai had appeared at the top of the stairs.

J79Y8Ix.png

He was a Servant. To be more specific, he was the Assassin.

"State your name and business here."

"You need not concern yourself with that. Dead men tell no tales, as they say."

"Hmph, it's just as I thought. You really are quite full of yourself," Assassin replied, "But... you are a strange existence. I can feel mana emanating from your body, and yet, even though it is of a different nature than a standard mage's, like you are from a different world, I do not find that to be the strangest thing about your existence, but rather, the strange evil aura I can sense from you."

"Hooh? I only act in the name of God. Someone like me could not possibly be evil," the man responded sharply with an eerie smile, tilting his head a little, "In fact, you are the evil one for obstructing the will of God. Now begone before I invoke His judgment upon you."

i1TsXId.png

Well, at least he was forward. But someone like him... Assassin had to be careful. This man didn't exactly seem right in the head, and more than that, he seemed like someone who was certainly dangerous. Granted, many people existed out there with barks worse than their bite, but this man... He truly was something else. It was unnatural. It was weird. So much so... it was almost funny.

"Very well. Far be it from me to decline a battle. You will regret your choice!"

With that, the samurai-like Servant drew his blade, Monohoshi Zao. An irregularly long sword roughly 150 centimeters long. The length defied common sense, and even its name roughly translated to "The Laundry-Drying Pole" as a derogatory testament to that fact. In the hands of normal people, it would be absolutely useless if how difficult it would be to handle.

But a Servant was not like a human.

f958d06f358e25aa5beed89bc21b6f9663f0cd6e_hq.gif

Despite the confident air that Assassin attempted to put up, it was all a facade. Truth be told, Fiamma of the Right made him quite wary. He would need to end this fight as quickly as possible. If he couldn't beat him, there was no telling how Caster would be able to...

"Tsubame Gaeshi! Swallow Reversal!" He exclaimed, preparing his Noble Phantasm right from the get-go. His Noble Phantasm, his ultimate technique that was allowed to him and only him; the legendary swordsman that only existed within fiction, Kojirou Sasaki.

With this unbeatable attack that defied fate and cracked dimensions, surely, he would--

"The Strike That Ends Everything It Touches."

BWOOOM!

Before the samurai could possibly react, his body had been sent flying at speeds so fast that he hadn't even realized he had been attacked until his body collided into the stairs above, caving into the concrete. It was as though a building had slammed into him at relativistic speeds. He couldn't even begin to process what had just happened before it was too late. Blood spurted out from Assassin's body. How could he be beaten so easily just like that?

The Holy Right was the weapon granted to Fiamma of the Right. If everyone else were characters in RPGs with choices in fights like "attack, magic, item," and so on, then the only choice that would be given to him would be "defeat." It was as convenient as that.

"That was all it took? How annoying," he sighed, nonchalantly walking past the disabled body of Assassin. "For someone who spoke of how confident I looked, you didn't look so scared yourself. But I suppose cold feet afflicts the best of us."

"You... koff koff... What are you?"

Fiamma of the Right simply smiled coldly, and continued walking.

"I am he who can save the world."

And so he went into Ryoudou Temple, in search of Survivors who were not there.

As his life steadily came to an end, Assassin could only look up at the night sky as his body slowly dissipated. The moon... it was shining so brightly tonight. What a beautiful night to die on...

And with that, two Servants had fallen. Five remained.

Berserker and Assassin had fallen. Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, and Caster remained.

It was only a matter of time until the Holy Grail would appear now.​

Last edited:
For those of you wondering what happened to the Neko-Arc, it burned too.

DWYvNX6.png

@No one

@BarrenThin @Kaykay
If Kinu let herself get drawn in, Frank welcomed her into a sort of group hug. Either way, he didn't answer Ryan's question, because there was no way to answer it. He just stroked her hair and shushed her gently.

@Kaykay
@Hospes
Kinuhata was a little surprised by the gesture, but she didn't resist. Wordlessly, she joined in on the 3 person hug. She wasn't exactly a huggy person, but for this situation, she just felt it was appropriate.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
tumblr_inline_n7swfoedsv1suuiq8.png

Bingo, a name. While on the outside, there was little emotion to examine in Minato, on the inside, his mind was a flurry of activity. He recognized the last name at least (as did Robin), and the observant boy could guess at the connection between the Matou and the dead von Einzbern. Lovers perhaps? Someone he had been devoted and loyal to in life? Either way, I can just imagine the work he has put into this plan. Humans are always willing to go to great lengths to reconnect with and see their loved ones again...

"Miss Illya, could you tell us anything about this woman he speaks of? It seems odd you and she share a common last name given your apparent noble standing."

tumblr_inline_navtwrQEIQ1sfvecc.jpg

Robin gave the shackles another check as his fellow player spoke and nodded, "Maybe an old member of your house, Miss Einzbern? One who passed away long ago? It seems the man who has us cornered is much older than any of us, so this could be a very distant relative."

@Verite
t2NsAIr.png

"Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern is... an important figure in my ancestry. In the history of the Holy Grail War, it is known that there were the Three Founding Families in the beginning. The Tohsaka, represented by Nagato Tohsaka. The Makiri, represented by Zolgen Makiri, or rather, Zouken Matou as he is now known. And the Einzbern, represented by Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. Together, they orchestrated the very first Holy Grail War. That was five hundred years ago."

"It is a battle where the three of them, along with four other gullible ambitious magi, were pitted against each other in a battle royale to acquire the Holy Grail, a mystical device said to be able to grant one wish to the victor of the war. I will spare you on the details unless you wish to hear more, of course," Illya spoke, before stopping to catch her breath for a moment.

"In any case... Zouken has acquired a strange case of immortality. Using the crest worms you see before us, he has managed to absorb mana to use as his life energy and sustain himself. However, mortality came naturally for Tohsaka, and though my ancestor died, she still lives on through her descendants, like myself and my mother. We are just homunculi created in her image after all. If one dies, another can be created to replace the other," Illya revealed calmly, attempting to look around for something that would be of any note, "But that is another story for another time."

@The Tactician

Kinuhata was a little surprised by the gesture, but she didn't resist. Wordlessly, she joined in on the 3 person hug. She wasn't exactly a huggy person, but for this situation, she just felt it was appropriate.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

Still holding Ryan, Frank looked away from them after ending the embrace. "I hate these games," Was all he had to say for a solid minute or so. When he did speak, he was quiet. "I can't lose anyone else. I lost one family a long time ago and couldn't do a damn thing to save them... it's not happening again." The way he looked at Kinu, he appeared to be including her in that. Though, he hadn't told either of them about his family up until this point. This directly, anyways.

@Kaykay
@Hospes

stubbs33.jpg

It was true enough that Deoxys was like nothing that Stubbs had ever seen. Flying cars, robots, laser pistols, hell even jetpacks! Those all seemed to make more sense to the zombie than whatever the hell this thing standing in front of him was. It certainly didn't seem appetizing that was for sure. Not that Stubbs would have tried to eat Deoxy's 'brain' anyhow. Would have only given people more reason to suspect that he was nothing more than a ravenous brain-eater who cared nothing for the fate of the others and existed only to consume.

Which he supposed in one regard was true given the right side of his brain. He could try to see why people thought of him like they did but he couldn't really find himself agreeing. He hadn't meant for Punchbowl to suffer the fate it did. He also hadn't meant for those people to be eaten by the zombies he created. He was just doing as a predator would to his prey, while trying to complete his main objective. Which was to find the woman of his dreams and make her his again while she had waited for him for all this time.

Grabbing the cigar Gilgamesh had given him and pulling it out of his mouth for a moment, Stubb's eyes narrowed as he looked Deoxys up and down. He'd done this song and dance before.

"Brains."(Simple examination, huh? Ain't the first time I heard that. Probably won't be the last. Dependin on how this game goes. Not a big fan of scientists poking and prodding at me to figure out what makes me tick. Same goes for whatever the hell you are.)

@Verite @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies@BarrenThin@Krieg @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan@Hospes @coralprime @Wedge Antilles

t2NsAIr.png

"Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern is... an important figure in my ancestry. In the history of the Holy Grail War, it is known that there were the Three Founding Families in the beginning. The Tohsaka, represented by Nagato Tohsaka. The Makiri, represented by Zolgen Makiri, or rather, Zouken Matou as he is now known. And the Einzbern, represented by Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. Together, they orchestrated the very first Holy Grail War. That was five hundred years ago."

"It is a battle where the three of them, along with four other gullible ambitious magi, were pitted against each other in a battle royale to acquire the Holy Grail, a mystical device said to be able to grant one wish to the victor of the war. I will spare you on the details unless you wish to hear more, of course," Illya spoke, before stopping to catch her breath for a moment.

"In any case... Zouken has acquired a strange case of immortality. Using the crest worms you see before us, he has managed to absorb mana to use as his life energy and sustain himself. However, mortality came naturally for Tohsaka, and though my ancestor died, she still lives on through her descendants, like myself and my mother. We are just homunculi created in her image after all. If one dies, another can be created to replace the other," Illya revealed calmly, attempting to look around for something that would be of any note, "But that is another story for another time."

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_navtx8W8UP1sfvecc.jpg

Robin's eyes nearly bulged out in shock as he heard the title of the war, "D-D-Did you just say the Holy Grail? As in the Christian mythological item?" In his travels after the Monokuma Incident, the tactician had spent some time collecting new information from throughout the multiverse. One of the many fields he had dabbled in, that of religious study, had led him to the stories of the legendary items found in Christianity. What's next, the Shroud of Turin and that strange lance?

"So... This man we're with created the Holy Grail War... and now he wants to reunite with the woman you're an effective clone of?" Honestly, now that he had a few moments to sound it out, he didn't feel as surprised as some would. There were certainly much stranger things that he had seen and heard of.

tumblr_inline_n7swgiLtgQ1suuiq8.png

"Seems like it, though that begs a few questions..." Minato paused for a moment, making sure he knew how to word each question correctly, "If he wishes to reunite with your ancestor, why not simply die? Why fight another war of the Grail? It seems he's only putting himself through more pain and suffering by staying alive..."

"....Looks like the glass was destroyed from the inside...."

"...Now how in the hay can you do that...Must be some kind of-" It seemed Erika had beaten Donny to the answer.
"Destroyed from... the inside?" Battler scratched the back of his head with some uncertainty. It was hard to tell if someone tampered with it physically... but if it really was from the inside.

"Our culprit must have some inherit supernatural ability to break the gas lamp from the inside or knew how to work the gas lamp to the point of it bursting..." Erika added another Blue Truth to consider. Her eyes glanced and scanned over the possible suspects for this kill. She wanted to solve this mystery, so at least Robin and Minato wouldn't become unsolved mysteries...

"Guess me and Erika are gonna keep that in mind. Maybe I'm gonna try out some thinking, like...flipping the chessboard..." Battler noted on what Mari said.

@Crimson Spartan @Mari @everyone
"....Yeah but uh who has them kind of abilities? I don't rightly know everyone 'ere so i'm askin' ya if you know...?" Donny said speaking to Erika about this murder.

Meanwhile Lon'qu was left to his own devices over the matter as the anger boiled up inside him. He had to find the killer somehow but he himself was a killer not a detective. This left the swordsman with very little options on what to do.

@Gummi Bunnies @Everyoneelse

@Kaykay
@Hospes

tumblr_ma5j83exnz1rdwac0o7_250.gif

The child didn't respond, simply letting Frank do this without a complaint. No tears were visibly shed.. And yet, a piece of her had certainly been torn.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

Obviously, Ryan was glad that Kinuhata had allowed herself to be pulled into the embrace. She had hugged the other female once.. But this embrace had much more meaning, in the child's mind. It was like a little safe haven, if only for a brief period...
Still holding Ryan, Frank looked away from them after ending the embrace. "I hate these games," Was all he had to say for a solid minute or so. When he did speak, he was quiet. "I can't lose anyone else. I lost one family a long time ago and couldn't do a damn thing to save them... it's not happening again." The way he looked at Kinu, he appeared to be including her in that. Though, he hadn't told either of them about his family up until this point. This directly, anyways.

@Kaykay
@Hospes

...And just like that.. Gone.

Ryan had had her experience with death. But this was the first time it had really and truly been shoved in her face like this. But obviously, it had for Frank.. And so even after the old man released them, Ryan still clung to the two as though they were anchors. "..You know, family isn't just about Bloodlines. It's about really caring about people," she mused aloud, voice still soft. "So.. That makes you two like family. And so I'll keep trying to protect you both.. That's what family does, right? They look out for each other?"

Little did anyone know.. This train of thought was most likely to have come from considering her dog and her cousin's boyfriend to be family, despite not being of her bloodline. She wasn't really that insightful. Sorry to disappoint.

@Kaykay @BarrenThin

tumblr_inline_navtx8W8UP1sfvecc.jpg

Robin's eyes nearly bulged out in shock as he heard the title of the war, "D-D-Did you just say the Holy Grail? As in the Christian mythological item?" In his travels after the Monokuma Incident, the tactician had spent some time collecting new information from throughout the multiverse. One of the many fields he had dabbled in, that of religious study, had led him to the stories of the legendary items found in Christianity. What's next, the Shroud of Turin and that strange lance?

"So... This man we're with created the Holy Grail War... and now he wants to reunite with the woman you're an effective clone of?" Honestly, now that he had a few moments to sound it out, he didn't feel as surprised as some would. There were certainly much stranger things that he had seen and heard of.

tumblr_inline_n7swgiLtgQ1suuiq8.png

"Seems like it, though that begs a few questions..." Minato paused for a moment, making sure he knew how to word each question correctly, "If he wishes to reunite with your ancestor, why not simply die? Why fight another war of the Grail? It seems he's only putting himself through more pain and suffering by staying alive..."
"That is... how I understand it, yes," Illya nodded in response to Robin, taking a small breath, "Some people simply fear death too much. They fear the unknown too much to take a risk, even if it would be for those that they desire," she continued, "Or perhaps it is exactly because of that that he may not actually want to see her. Perhaps it is not death that he fears, but Justeaze herself," the young girl theorized.

"Perhaps it doesn't matter. Either way, I imagine he will die very soon anyway. While his body may be able to last for centuries, the soul is capable of rotting too. It's only a matter of time..."

Before she could say more though, the door from upstairs would open slowly with a fairly sharp creeeeaaaak, but who knows who was on the other side? Was it Zouken again? Or were there other people in the building they were in right now as well?

@The Tactician

stubbs33.jpg

It was true enough that Deoxys was like nothing that Stubbs had ever seen. Flying cars, robots, laser pistols, hell even jetpacks! Those all seemed to make more sense to the zombie than whatever the hell this thing standing in front of him was. It certainly didn't seem appetizing that was for sure. Not that Stubbs would have tried to eat Deoxy's 'brain' anyhow. Would have only given people more reason to suspect that he was nothing more than a ravenous brain-eater who cared nothing for the fate of the others and existed only to consume.

Which he supposed in one regard was true given the right side of his brain. He could try to see why people thought of him like they did but he couldn't really find himself agreeing. He hadn't meant for Punchbowl to suffer the fate it did. He also hadn't meant for those people to be eaten by the zombies he created. He was just doing as a predator would to his prey, while trying to complete his main objective. Which was to find the woman of his dreams and make her his again while she had waited for him for all this time.

Grabbing the cigar Gilgamesh had given him and pulling it out of his mouth for a moment, Stubb's eyes narrowed as he looked Deoxys up and down. He'd done this song and dance before.

"Brains."(Simple examination, huh? Ain't the first time I heard that. Probably won't be the last. Dependin on how this game goes. Not a big fan of scientists poking and prodding at me to figure out what makes me tick. Same goes for whatever the hell you are.)

@Verite @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies@BarrenThin@Krieg @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan@Hospes @coralprime @Wedge Antilles
386.png

Deoxys gave a nod, the alien trying to read the zombie without obvious mental intrusion. It is rather difficult, Stubbs is so simple yet so complicated all the same. Just as Stubbs looked Deoxys up and down, Deoxys looked Stubbs up an down. A green, decaying human with strange attire that doesn't seem to fit in with the other humans. The pokemon was both wary and intrigued, full well knowing that Stubbs can strike at any moment and is apparently capable of wiping out large social groups of living humans.

Of course, Deoxys is no simple screaming and begging civilian. A powerful telekinetic slam could leave Stubbs in pieces, and perhaps Deoxys could collect his head both for further examination and investigation, and as a trophy of sorts. If it ever comes to point, that is. Deoxys was just as disinterested in the telekinetic ripping of the zombie as Stubbs was when he considered eating the aliens brain.

"I am no ignorant researcher dabbling in what he does no-- I am Deoxys. And you are, if your memories are to be believed, known only as Stubbs. I do not favor being experimented on by 'scientists' aswell. Poking, prodding, screaming, choking, dying, exploding--irritable sounds they make. There is enough 'intellectuals' in the human gene pool anyhow, their deaths are negligible and acceptable as casualties."

Deoxys spoke with a rather unnerving and deep voice, going on about its sentence with no interruption-- even if Stubbs tried to interrupt it.

@Verite @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gummi Bunnies @BarrenThin @Krieg @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @coralprime @Wedge Antilles

Status
Not open for further replies.