• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seemed to be some hubbub over the radio apparently not working, but as Carol was handed the item, it seemed in working order to her. Not that she was an expert on the technology, but it did everything a radio was supposed to do. She held it up to her ear for a moment, listening to static, before deciding she would hold off for the moment on mentioning the radio was in working order. She wanted to be sure of who she could contact before she let the group go loose on it. The soldier barking out orders didn't even seem to be aware who had the radio, which was fine by her. "I'll fiddle with it," Carol said to reassure the others.

She then nodded graciously to Jesse, who seemed happy with her demeanor. She met his smile with a nervous one of her own. He seemed charming enough, but Carol had cause to distrust the charming ones. A religious man was no better than any other, for all had the same capacity for violence and evil. "Thank you," she offered, "it's good to hear you say that. You can call me Carol, Jesse."

R2j97wN.png

There was also the matter of the other man named Jesse, though it seemed to Carol he favored the name McCree. Even with the artificial arm, the others were right that he did look like he walked right out of a movie. "Well, aren't you the authentic cowboy," she said with a hint of amusement. She just couldn't resist.

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin @C.T. @Minerva @Verite

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Jeremi and Josh M
Prologue: Mystique

mystique1.png
In her many decades of life, Raven Darkholme had experienced much hardship, and much adversity. She was no stranger to finding herself in unexpected situations. Which was ironic, as her closest friend, confidant, and lover was a precog.

In fact, before finding herself in this strange underwater city, she was on a mission said precog had sent her on. Irene Adler, known in the Brotherhood of Mutants by the codename of Destiny, had told her now was the time to find one of the hidden Books of Destiny. The Books of Destiny had been written by Irene a long, long, time ago, during a short period in her life when her precognitive powers were more powerful than they were now. Before the visions faded, Irene had written them down in books, which had been carefully hidden in various places throughout the world.

Now, Irene had felt the time had come for one of them to be brought out into the open. "I can't clearly remember everything I wrote in those books, but I do know that this book in particular told much about the time we live in now. It foresaw the foolishness both in this country and across the ocean. It foresaw the Adversary in Dallas which was defeated at the cost of the X-Men's lives. And this ... this is just the beginning. I need that book now to remember the details I foresaw those many years ago."

Raven, known to most as Mystique, was the only one who could easily and inconspicuously retrieve those books, due to her shapeshifting abilities and her skill at covert operations.

However, just as she had reached the right address - an old abandoned house in the English countryside -- and was searching through the basement, a sudden dizziness overcame her, and she found herself elsewhere...
You hear the soft sound of music coming from somewhere as well as the dripping of water. Opening your eyes you'd find yourself laying some place dank and dark. You have no idea how you ended up here or where here actually is.

To your surprise it seems like you aren't the only one in the same predicament. All over the area you'd find people getting up looking as confused as you.

A closer inspection of the area you'd find the name Fontaine's Station around the area as well as No Trespassing—Closed by Order of the Council plastered over the area. You couldn't see much of importance laying around, though those with keen eyes could spot a short range radio laying inconspicuously on one of the benches.

It was clear wherever this was that it had fallen into disrepair, but it was quite peculiar how there seemed to be so much water streaming all over the place...

Why that was would however become quite evident if you made your way up the steps to look through the giant window to the outside world.

It would seem that you and the rest of group were trapped some place underwater. What the hell was going on here? The only thing you could think of right now was to speak to the nearby people and see if they had any information that they could provide on your predicament.

One among the crowd caught your eye. If only for the fact that out of everything she was trying to determine the art style used in the area they were in.

Symmetra1_zpsjayavu1e.png

"So deterioated...but some of it seem to resemble the Art Deco style. Everything just seems so...old." She mumbled loudly to herself. She heard that more people awoke and she turned to face them. "Oh I am no longer the only one awake it seems. My name is Satya Vaswani but you can call me Symmetra. It would seem that we have been taken against our will. What this place is, other than being in utter disarray, I can not say."

Mystique1.png

Mystique turned to the woman calling herself Symmetra. "The Art Deco style? Why on Earth would an underwater city resemble the 'Art Deco' style?"

She turned to the rest of the group. "You may call me Mystique. It is clear to me that none of you have any idea why we are here. All of us have been taken against our will, and no one seems to know who has done this, or why."

PH93llL.png

"Well, I'm an angel of death, so chances are you're right on the money! Nice job!"

After giving the girl a congratulations for her potentially accurate guess, she was forced to cover her ears as a certain someone made a loud yell. See, getting excited and making some chaos was one thing. Trying to blow her eardrums out was another thing entirely. Samael gave him a light jab in the shoulder, with the promise of more if he decided to do something like that again.

Her annoyance was quickly abated as she heard something else interesting.

@Verite

"Hehe, a preacher and an angel! What are the chances? Oh, before you ask, I don't remember every preacher in every world so I can't say whether you're going to Heaven or Hell. But hey, if we all just die here, even if we don't go home we'll go to Heaven or Hell, right? Wanna come with me to Hell? ...I mean, uh, Heaven?"

The fallen angel suggested such a thing with an incredibly bright smile, faltering only for a second as she accidentally suggested the incorrect resting place.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician
Francisco 'Pistols' Scaramanga
GW300H300

"An angel of death, you say?" Scaramanga hummed, his left wrist pressed against his chin "An enviable position to say the least--"
He paused, maintaining a strong glare. His face seemed stretched by years of stress and anguish, finally settling as a taught, cold, mask. If they eyes were the windows to the soul, then it was only logical for Scaramanga's to radiate their dark blackness.
"Now, my dear, do reveal--"
He reached into his cream jacket, caressing the golden cigarette case in the inside of his breast pocket. It would be all too easy for him to test his theory as opposed to asking his question-- he could assemble his weapon, twisting the fountain pen into his lighter to form a barrel and hammer, bending a cuff-link to create a trigger, all clicking into the cigarette-case lighter-- and shoot her himself.

But that would be all too easy- unsatisfying- child's play; and one does not gain the title of the World's Greatest Assassin for completing such unfulfilling tasks...
-----
"Guns at high noon!"
Scaramanga cried, loading his golden gun with a single, gold-plated bullet.
"A wondrous idea-- the only way gentlemen can truly settle a dispute. Your Walker PPK against my Golden Gun"
He turned away from his opponent, bearing the smug look of a child with a secret. He made 20, long strides across the room, until he had truly reached the end wall of his fun house. The light flickered madly, the air ran cold...time seemed to slow

He pivoted his body with the utmost efficiency, his weapons transforming into a golden blur opposed to a pistol. He gripped the weapon with both hands, steadying it like as if he were about to complete brain surgery, rather than taking a life. Within milliseconds, the weapons was by his cheek, perfectly aligned with his opponent's heart. It had been easy- too easy- satisfyingly so. This was not the gratifying sport he had hoped for! It was mere duck shooting!

His foe was yet to turn to face him, let alone aim! It was truly embarrassing! No...Insulting! The perfidious fool he was dueling with had maneuvered his way through a storm in order to face him, over violent waves, past lighting and stones, only to be a pitiful gunman: killing him was not even worth the bullet, let alone the paycheck

He faulted, lowering his pistol towards his flashing floors. Was his foe truly as weak as he appeared? Or was he simply enthralled by the lights, the optical illusions, the fading walls? It did not matter; a worth opponent would fight-kill - without hesitation, regardless of any distractions. It was clear to Francisco that this man was unworthy

To the world, the man had taken precisely 2 seconds to make the full rotation...Yet to Scaramanga, it had taken him hours. He finally fulled the trigger, the gold piecing straight through the man's heart and out the other side.

Oh, his face as he fell. It was a work of art. A Picasso by any other name. Cheeks clenched with pain, eyes screwed into balls- this was the kind of image Pistol's lived to see. The taste of the salt of death upon his lips, the sweet perfume of a decaying soul seduced his senses like a fine wine

Glorius

Now...If only the kill itself had been more satisfying...then, of course, everything would have been so much more delightful... if only...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"--What would happen if one were to kill an Angel of Death?"
How would it smell? How would it taste? What you would follow the bang of light fluid and the click of a cufflink?...God only knew....

"Hm, yeah, figures." 76 said, scratching his head. Truth be told, he...never really was one for the technology approach.

"Better you than me, McCree" 76 retorted, letting out a low, grizzled chuckle underneath his breath. "I got it.."

eB5iFZxaM8dpRUw92avPrS-970-80.jpg

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

76's voice suddenly barked over the room, loud and aged, filled with experienced.

"I HATE STANDING ON THE SIDELINES, AND I HATE SEEING USELESS JOKERS STANDING ON THE SIDELINES! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK A RADIO, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND FIX THIS RADIO! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO HOLD A GUN, WATCH THE PERIMETER FOR ENEMY CONTACTS!"

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO EITHER OF THOSE, THEN YOU SHUT UP AND SIT TIGHT, I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL YOU ARE! YOU GET OUT OF OUR WAY, OR YOU GET RUN OVER! LETS GO, CHOP CHOP!"

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ScreamingWillows @Sen @Sir Ni!-ck @T.O.M. @Takumi @The Tactician @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @york @Yun Lee
"WAIT HOLD ON I CAN SHOUT TOO AND GUESS WHAT I GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU SAY AND THAT QUESTION IS THIS: WHO THE HELL DIED AND PUT YOU IN CHARGE, YOU TWO-BIT CYBORG LOOKING CLINT EASTWOOD MOTHERFUCKER? JUST CAUSE YOU GOT A GLOWY VISOR LIKE SCOTT SUMMERS DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO TAKE COMMAND, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. STRANGER DANGER!"
Then came the rough words of 76, calling out to the survivors like a Shepard to his sheep. Sooner or later, they would all line up beneath him, assembling like lambs to slaughter on his command. It was how it always ended. It was the soul reasoning for his defection from the K.B.G.; they gave too many orders, too many barking commands with the hope of scaring you into submission...but not Francisco- He feared no man
GW435H244

"To hold a gun?" Scaramanga said bitterly, his face turning grim, as if he had just swallowed a lemon whole "Anyone can hold a gun! It is easy! Using a gun is too-- its as simple as pulling back a thin piece of steel. But to kill with a gun? That is a work of art...a skill..."

Scaramanga reached into his pure white jacket, his slender fingers finding their into his breast pocket. Upon returning into 76's line of sight, they would be wrapped around three simple, is not slightly eccentric, house hold items

A golden fountain pen
A golden cigarette lighter
A golden cigarette case

He held them within his hands for a moment, almost mentally caressing them. Of course...they were so very precious to him...

He removed the pen cap, placing it withing his jacket pocket. The nib was removed too, with the utmost care, and placed within the lib; he did not with to taint his clothing now, did he?

Scaramanga proceeded to screw the base of the pen into the base of the lighter, pulling back the lid as he did so. He now had a hammer...and a barrel. The case was attached shortly after, a bent cufflink attached to from a trigger.

The pen lid was returned

He had his Golden Gun

"I presume that you are unaware of who I am"
Scaramanga mumbled, placing a small, golden lined bullet into the lighter lid

"So I shall give you the privilege of finding out- My name is Francisco Scaramanga. Most men, however, know me as The Man with the Golden Gun. I believe that you can guess why"
He raised his weapon towards the ceiling, twirling it carelessly

"And I agree with the girl-- I am not in any position to take orders from you"
Cast list:
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) @Arcadium as Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia) @Archmage Jeremiah as Lady Bow (Paper Mario) @Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead) @BarrenThin as Mcree (Overwatch) @Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man) @Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics) @Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem Fates) @Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco 'Pistols' Scaramanga (Man with the Golden Gun) @Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (The Idolm@aster) @CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch) @C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics) @DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate) @DBZ7 as F.F. (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Star Ocean) @Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate) @Forrest as Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) @Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR Replicant) @Gwazi Magnum as Henry Evans - Derrial 'Shepherd' Book (Firefly) @Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea) @Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2) @Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel) @Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator) @Krieg as Lord Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones) @Lissamel as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Epic Mickey) @LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf) @Mighty Roman as Lando Calrissian (Star Wars) @Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon) @Nater Taters as Nico Bellic (Grand Theft Auto 4) @OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black) @Raven as Mabel "Medea" Simmons (Medea Movies series) @Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (OC) @Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail) @Schnee Corp Lawyer as the Joker (DC Comics) @ScreamingWillows as Odette Rene Stiller (OC) @Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem Fates) @Sir Ni!-ck as the 11th Doctor (Doctor Who) @T.O.M. as Winslow Leach aka Phantom (Phantom of the Paradise) @Takumi as Clare (Claymore) @The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher) @Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics) @Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday 2) @Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn) @Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge Catalyst) @york as Owlman (DC - Justice League: Crisis of Two Earths) @Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Mobile Post​

The cowboy frowned at her for a few seconds, then tipped his hat. "Sounds like somebody I'd have left behind in the Deadeyes, minus the movie part. Cowboy life ain't all it's shown to be in the movies. Never was." With his trademark, ruggedly handsome grin, he spun the Peacekeeper. "It's way more fun than it looks."

"Ain't gotta ask me twice." Twirling the huge Peacekeeper out of apparent boredom, he took to surveying the crowd. "You reckon we could find a submarine or somethin?"

"I've... Heard the name before. It was before my time." The cowboy smiled.

@The Tactician
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Verite
@C.T.
"Wait, before your time? When the hell are you from?"

Congratulations, McCree. You know get to explain to Jesse the fact that you're not from the same time period as him. Have fun.​

"..."

Well, hell, that was easy.

"Right, you can call me Soldier: 76. You sure you know how to fire that thing, kid?" 76 made a gesture toward the girls gun. Considering her age, deep down, he really did not want a teenage girl to end up hurting herself trying to defend others. Or, even worse, accidentally hurting others. The veterans mind would experience an override, his posture lightening up.

"...Keep it close to you. Don't use it unless you need to defend yourself, and that's only if I'm down for the count, you hear me?" 76 spoke to Gwen in a more lighter tone then previously, even with his grizzled voice. "For now, just sit tight. That goddamn radio is gonna get fixed eventually."

76 turned around to face Skyla, who offered herself as a potential repairer. "Skyla, help out with Symmetra on that radio. We need it up as fast as possible."

"Everyone else should just sit tight...and, maby look around for something useful. Goddammit, I need a drink.."

It's either a severe case of bi-polar syndrome, or just that Custer hit the veteran with a reality check. Sometimes, the urgency to complete a mission clouds ones judgement.

@The Tactician @Minerva @BarrenThin @C.T. @EVERYONE

"Got it." Skyla said, she began to walk over to Symmetra. "Appears to be an older model... Some slight age, some damage from water..." Skyla said to herself. "Alright, I just need some time, some wire, and some tape. I'll cut what I need myself..." She said, flipping her Utility Knife.

@Jeremi @The Tactician @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Anyone @a lot of tags

Congratulations, McCree. You know get to explain to Jesse the fact that you're not from the same time period as him. Have fun.​

"What are you on about? I haven't heard those names in years, and I sure as hell don't know how McCree knows about them."

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAIN

@BarrenThin @The Tactician @people​

"Hm, yeah, figures." 76 said, scratching his head. Truth be told, he...never really was one for the technology approach.

"Better you than me, McCree" 76 retorted, letting out a low, grizzled chuckle underneath his breath. "I got it.."

eB5iFZxaM8dpRUw92avPrS-970-80.jpg

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

76's voice suddenly barked over the room, loud and aged, filled with experienced.

"I HATE STANDING ON THE SIDELINES, AND I HATE SEEING USELESS JOKERS STANDING ON THE SIDELINES! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK A RADIO, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND FIX THIS RADIO! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO HOLD A GUN, WATCH THE PERIMETER FOR ENEMY CONTACTS!"

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO EITHER OF THOSE, THEN YOU SHUT UP AND SIT TIGHT, I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL YOU ARE! YOU GET OUT OF OUR WAY, OR YOU GET RUN OVER! LETS GO, CHOP CHOP!"

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ScreamingWillows @Sen @Sir Ni!-ck @T.O.M. @Takumi @The Tactician @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @york @Yun Lee
"WAIT HOLD ON I CAN SHOUT TOO AND GUESS WHAT I GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU SAY AND THAT QUESTION IS THIS: WHO THE HELL DIED AND PUT YOU IN CHARGE, YOU TWO-BIT CYBORG LOOKING CLINT EASTWOOD MOTHERFUCKER? JUST CAUSE YOU GOT A GLOWY VISOR LIKE SCOTT SUMMERS DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO TAKE COMMAND, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. STRANGER DANGER!"
GW300H300

"An angel of death, you say?" Scaramanga hummed, his left wrist pressed against his chin "An enviable position to say the least--"
He paused, maintaining a strong glare. His face seemed stretched by years of stress and anguish, finally settling as a taught, cold, mask. If they eyes were the windows to the soul, then it was only logical for Scaramanga's to radiate their dark blackness.
He reached into his cream jacket, caressing the golden cigarette case in the inside of his breast pocket. It would be all too easy for him to test his theory as opposed to asking his question-- he could assemble his weapon, twisting the fountain pen into his lighter to form a barrel and hammer, bending a cuff-link to create a trigger, all clicking into the cigarette-case lighter-- and shoot her himself.

But that would be all too easy- unsatisfying- child's play; and one does not gain the title of the World's Greatest Assassin for completing such unfulfilling tasks...
-----
"Guns at high noon!"
"A wondrous idea-- the only way gentlemen can truly settle a dispute. Your Walker PPK against my Golden Gun"
He turned away from his opponent, bearing the smug look of a child with a secret. He made 20, long strides across the room, until he had truly reached the end wall of his fun house. The light flickered madly, the air ran cold...time seemed to slow

He pivoted his body with the utmost efficiency, his weapons transforming into a golden blur opposed to a pistol. He gripped the weapon with both hands, steadying it like as if he were about to complete brain surgery, rather than taking a life. Within milliseconds, the weapons was by his cheek, perfectly aligned with his opponent's heart. It had been easy- too easy- satisfyingly so. This was not the gratifying sport he had hoped for! It was mere duck shooting!

His foe was yet to turn to face him, let alone aim! It was truly embarrassing! No...Insulting! The perfidious fool he was dueling with had maneuvered his way through a storm in order to face him, over violent waves, past lighting and stones, only to be a pitiful gunman: killing him was not even worth the bullet, let alone the paycheck

He faulted, lowering his pistol towards his flashing floors. Was his foe truly as weak as he appeared? Or was he simply enthralled by the lights, the optical illusions, the fading walls? It did not matter; a worth opponent would fight-kill - without hesitation, regardless of any distractions. It was clear to Francisco that this man was unworthy

To the world, the man had taken precisely 2 seconds to make the full rotation...Yet to Scaramanga, it had taken him hours. He finally fulled the trigger, the gold piecing straight through the man's heart and out the other side.

Oh, his face as he fell. It was a work of art. A Picasso by any other name. Cheeks clenched with pain, eyes screwed into balls- this was the kind of image Pistol's lived to see. The taste of the salt of death upon his lips, the sweet perfume of a decaying soul seduced his senses like a fine wine

Glorius

Now...If only the kill itself had been more satisfying...then, of course, everything would have been so much more delightful... if only...

-------
How would it smell? How would it taste? What you would follow the bang of light fluid and the click of a cufflink?...God only knew....

Then came the rough words of 76, calling out to the survivors like a Shepard to his sheep. Sooner or later, they would all line up beneath him, assembling like lambs to slaughter on his command. It was how it always ended. It was the soul reasoning for his defection from the K.B.G.; they gave too many orders, too many barking commands with the hope of scaring you into submission...but not Francisco- He feared no man
GW435H244

"To hold a gun?" Scaramanga said bitterly, his face turning grim, as if he had just swallowed a lemon whole "Anyone can hold a gun! It is easy! Using a gun is too-- its as simple as pulling back a thin piece of steel. But to kill with a gun? That is a work of art...a skill..."

Scaramanga reached into his pure white jacket, his slender fingers finding their into his breast pocket. Upon returning into 76's line of sight, they would be wrapped around three simple, is not slightly eccentric, house hold items

A golden fountain pen
A golden cigarette case

He held them within his hands for a moment, almost mentally caressing them. Of course...they were so very precious to him...

He removed the pen cap, placing it withing his jacket pocket. The nib was removed too, with the utmost care, and placed within the lib; he did not with to taint his clothing now, did he?

Scaramanga proceeded to screw the base of the pen into the base of the lighter, pulling back the lid as he did so. He now had a hammer...and a barrel. The case was attached shortly after, a bent cufflink attached to from a trigger.

The pen lid was returned

He had his Golden Gun

"So I shall give you the privilege of finding out- My name is Francisco Scaramanga. Most men, however, know me as The Man with the Golden Gun. I believe that you can guess why"

Cast list:

@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) @Arcadium as Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia) @Archmage Jeremiah as Lady Bow (Paper Mario) @Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead) @BarrenThin as Mcree (Overwatch) @Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man) @Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics) @Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem Fates) @Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco 'Pistols' Scaramanga (Man with the Golden Gun) @Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (The Idolm@aster) @CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch) @C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics) @DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate) @DBZ7 as F.F. (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Star Ocean) @Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate) @Forrest as Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) @Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR Replicant) @Gwazi Magnum as Henry Evans - Derrial 'Shepherd' Book (Firefly) @Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea) @Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2) @Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel) @Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator) @Krieg as Lord Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones) @Lissamel as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Epic Mickey) @LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf) @Mighty Roman as Lando Calrissian (Star Wars) @Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon) @Nater Taters as Nico Bellic (Grand Theft Auto 4) @OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black) @Raven as Mabel "Medea" Simmons (Medea Movies series) @Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (OC) @Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail) @Schnee Corp Lawyer as the Joker (DC Comics) @ScreamingWillows as Odette Rene Stiller (OC) @Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem Fates) @Sir Ni!-ck as the 11th Doctor (Doctor Who) @T.O.M. as Winslow Leach aka Phantom (Phantom of the Paradise) @Takumi as Clare (Claymore) @The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher) @Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics) @Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday 2) @Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn) @Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge Catalyst) @york as Owlman (DC - Justice League: Crisis of Two Earths) @Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar the Last Airbender)
Mobile Post​
tumblr_n06f7fDTDp1rh78g4o1_250.gif

At one moment Shepherd was trying to fix a damaged and 'corrected' Bible to the best of his ability, the next he found himself in a strange place. Could this be God? Bringing him to a new land so suddenly for a quest? No, he doesn't work such a direct fashion. It couldn't have been the Alliance either, they lack such advanced technology. In fact Shepherd could think of no real reason as to how or why he was suddenly dragged into this place so suddenly, and without warning.

However, his time to reflect on this was cut short, as it didn't take too long for others in the area to start screaming at one another. And if he were to assume the others here were like him, all people suddenly pulled into a brand new world, all lost and confused, anger among one another was the last thing needed, especially when talk of guns were happening. So which left him little option but to get involved and try to dissolve whatever was starting to erupt.

"Excuse me, I'd hate to interrupt but I couldn't help but ask. Do you even know where we are? Because if not, are you sure you want to rush to being armed? One of the gravest sins man can do is to shoot at something before they understand it".

@Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T.

wendy_marvell_cute_by_guiltyremnant-d4ohrrd.png

A small sigh could be heard in the small vicinity of the area, where the small girl walked briskly, looking for someone, anyone at all. "Oh no, I'm late I'm late!!" She exclaimed nervously. She looked around, hoping to find someone. "Hello? Am I in the right place... I'm not sure how I got here... But it has to be for some reason, right?" She called out, nervously. Her small voice trembled slightly, and she looked around both nervous and upset that she, yet again, seemed to falter behind everyone.

@WHOEVER THE HELL WANTS TO SPEAK lol

There seemed to be some hubbub over the radio apparently not working, but as Carol was handed the item, it seemed in working order to her. Not that she was an expert on the technology, but it did everything a radio was supposed to do. She held it up to her ear for a moment, listening to static, before deciding she would hold off for the moment on mentioning the radio was in working order. She wanted to be sure of who she could contact before she let the group go loose on it. The soldier barking out orders didn't even seem to be aware who had the radio, which was fine by her. "I'll fiddle with it," Carol said to reassure the others.

She then nodded graciously to Jesse, who seemed happy with her demeanor. She met his smile with a nervous one of her own. He seemed charming enough, but Carol had cause to distrust the charming ones. A religious man was no better than any other, for all had the same capacity for violence and evil. "Thank you," she offered, "it's good to hear you say that. You can call me Carol, Jesse."

R2j97wN.png

There was also the matter of the other man named Jesse, though it seemed to Carol he favored the name McCree. Even with the artificial arm, the others were right that he did look like he walked right out of a movie. "Well, aren't you the authentic cowboy," she said with a hint of amusement. She just couldn't resist.

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin @C.T. @Minerva @Verite

His response was less than serious. "Damn straight. Bonafide, train-robbin', cattle Chadian' gunslinger McCree, at your service, Miss...?"

"What are you on about? I haven't heard those names in years, and I sure as hell don't know how McCree knows about them."

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAIN

@BarrenThin @The Tactician @people

Congratulations, McCree. You know get to explain to Jesse the fact that you're not from the same time period as him. Have fun.

"
He was around a long time before I showed up. Almost a hundred years, I think." He shrugged.

@Atomyk

GW300H300

-----
"Guns at high noon!"

Glorius

-------

GW435H244

A golden fountain pen
A golden cigarette case

The pen lid was returned

He had his Golden Gun

Cast list:

Mobile Post​
"Fancy ass gun, you got there, mi amigo. Too bad it'll be useless when you fire that bullet of yours."

Jesse wasn't an easy guy to impress. Shiny watches and cars? Nothing from him. Millions of dollars in your bank account? A man of the lord had no need for such things. The skill to shoot a gun and kill something with it? He had been taught that when he was eight, by the man who had killed his father. It didn't mean anything to him.

It especially didn't mean jack shit when it was with some ricky-dink golden gun that could be put together like a children's puzzle.

Preacher-DC-Comics-Jesse-Custer-Ennis-c.jpg

"And to kill with a gun? That's not impressive at all. You can shoot a man from afar, never get to know him and never feel any guilt about it."

He stepped between 76 and the Spaniard, not at all afraid of the man who twirled a gun like it somehow made him threatening, "You know what's impressive? Knowin' a man from your church, knowin' his whole life story and how his marriage is. Knowin' what a piece of shit he really is, how he beats his wife repeatedly unless he's at the local Klan meetin', how his son asks you to take care of him because you're the only person that boy trusts to get the job done. What's impressive is knowing all of that and bein' disgusted by it, and still holdin' back from killin' the son of a bitch when you get a chance to."

"You had best back down and stop waving that .22 around, because I'm tellin' you, amigo, it won't end well for you if you shoot someone in this situation."
tumblr_n06f7fDTDp1rh78g4o1_250.gif

At one moment Shepherd was trying to fix a damaged and 'corrected' Bible to the best of his ability, the next he found himself in a strange place. Could this be God? Bringing him to a new land so suddenly for a quest? No, he doesn't work such a direct fashion. It couldn't have been the Alliance either, they lack such advanced technology. In fact Shepherd could think of no real reason as to how or why he was suddenly dragged into this place so suddenly, and without warning.

However, his time to reflect on this was cut short, as it didn't take too long for others in the area to start screaming at one another. And if he were to assume the others here were like him, all people suddenly pulled into a brand new world, all lost and confused, anger among one another was the last thing needed, especially when talk of guns were happening. So which left him little option but to get involved and try to dissolve whatever was starting to erupt.

"Excuse me, I'd hate to interrupt but I couldn't help but ask. Do you even know where we are? Because if not, are you sure you want to rush to being armed? One of the gravest sins man can do is to shoot at something before they understand it".

@Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T.
"Or as my fellow pastor kindly put it, best you don't fire too soon. Thank you, preacher," Jesse gave the man a nod of respect.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @BarrenThin @Gwazi Magnum

"I do...?"

Small_portrait_keaton_fe14.png

"I mean... Of course I look cool... heh you're no slouch in your dragon form though..."

Then he catches on to the stench...

"Not home but.....

Lc3QJcS.png

It's absolutely divine.... You don't get to smell things like this regularly...."

Oh boy....

"Er... Half of what you said doesn't make sense... But the berserker thing is true for me. Hah back home i'm a leader of my pack... Though some humans hunt us for our fur... It's real soft ya know... But a lot of times I take of 'em. Meat is better fresh after all... But only bad guy's meat..." Is he hinting at what we think he is...? Oh boy...

@Sen @Crow @Hana @Minerva

nMrr8g0.png

"No... I'm just Kana! My mama gave me that name, I like it!" It sounded so much like a flower, her mother like flowers, after all, she wouldn't be surprised if she was named after one.
GfGgkLN.png
She tilted her head at the word 'berserker'. "I just fight for my friends and my family, because I have to protect them, I'm a big girl now!" She had even trained herself on how to use a sword, her trusty weapon and its sheath strapped to her side, although like Keaton, she was far more comfortable fighting with her Dragonstone, she knew a few tricks with a blade.

"My home is really nice, Mama and everyone else I love is there! There's lots of flowers and stuff, and the food is really good! Another dragon took Mama there one day, so now we have a really great place to live!"

She grinned at Keaton, "It even has funny stuff, like the things you find, Keaton! I know you have a hairball collection."

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Quite a home you guys have. I guess a Fantasy setting isn't as laid back as I thought. Or is it reality to you guys? I think I'm confusing myself. Anyways, back where I'm from, I have been working as an idol ever since Producer recruited me. It's a really nice job, being able to make others happy, even myself. I used to be kind of glum before that job," Mirei smiles, "to think that I used to be quite a loner, travelling by myself during shopping trips..."

2Pcq61N.webp

"... it's nothing, I'm just feeling a little homesick."​
"..."

Well, hell, that was easy.

"Right, you can call me Soldier: 76. You sure you know how to fire that thing, kid?" 76 made a gesture toward the girls gun. Considering her age, deep down, he really did not want a teenage girl to end up hurting herself trying to defend others. Or, even worse, accidentally hurting others. The veterans mind would experience an override, his posture lightening up.

"...Keep it close to you. Don't use it unless you need to defend yourself, and that's only if I'm down for the count, you hear me?" 76 spoke to Gwen in a more lighter tone then previously, even with his grizzled voice. "For now, just sit tight. That goddamn radio is gonna get fixed eventually."

76 turned around to face Skyla, who offered herself as a potential repairer. "Skyla, help out with Symmetra on that radio. We need it up as fast as possible."

"Everyone else should just sit tight...and, maby look around for something useful. Goddammit, I need a drink.."

It's either a severe case of bi-polar syndrome, or just that Custer hit the veteran with a reality check. Sometimes, the urgency to complete a mission clouds ones judgement.

@The Tactician @Minerva @BarrenThin @C.T. @EVERYONE

dpeyrHi.webp

"As much as I have a bad feeling about that guy, I don't think anyone else here brought drinks. Ah! I still have these."

From her pockets, she unleashed a can of coffee. It was originally hot, but now it was warm.

2Pcq61N.webp

"H- here you go, gramps..." Mirei turns away, her hand holding a can of coffee and reaching towards the old guy, "I... I heard you were thirsty... so I thought that you might want something to drink..."

Interactions:

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan

HELENA - PROLOGUE:
What she was doing before this doesn't matter
She was eating breakfast
It was boring

426oZbG.png

Many of Rapture's newest denizens were already getting a feel for one another. For one, in particular... this was not so. The attention she outwardly paid to the others present was negligible bordering on nonexistent, even the most outlandish among them completely failing to capture her interest in any palpable way, their bids for cooperation and wary standoffs meaning nothing to her. Old and shriveled raisin men and little girls with bright hair colors. She did not care. There was something that captivated her more than any of them.

The blue.

A ghostly figure, she lingered near the vast viewing window looking out onto the neon-illuminated ocean cityscape. The vibrant light funneled through the deep waters to cast a marine hue across her unnaturally white skin and hair, tired brown eyes open wide despite the bags underneath them and roving across the submerged landscape with curiosity like that of a child's. She was on her haunches, squatting with perfect balance, one hand outstretched with palm placed against the cool glass. The way she was so silent, so perfectly still, she could've passed for a mime were it not for what she did next.

She smashed her forehead into the viewing window with a dull thump. This did nothing to the glass, obviously; Anything that could withstand deep sea pressure wasn't going to be affected by a headbutt. She knew this. All it accomplished was making noise and bruising her head, but the pale woman showed no signs of discomfort as she let her hand slip down from the glass and shifted forward onto her knees, movements slow and poised like a prowling panther.

"...World's largest fish bowl. With world's noisiest fishies. Ba ba ba."

She opened and closed her mouth a few times in mimicry of a goldfish and exhaled through her nostrils, her head slowly turning to crane over her shoulder and gaze expressionlessly at the others present.

"Oh yes, such colorful fishes. Verrrry pretty."
"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

wvjKzy7.jpg

"You are both... zychnyy. Very loud."

There was a marked contrast between the voices of the two and the one that addressed them in response, hers quiet and comparatively calm (if a little stuffy), tinged with a strong eastern European accent. She stepped over to them, hands draped in sweater sleeves that were slightly too long playing with an unremarkable silverware fork, twirling the prongs against her fingertips as she looked at them both with dead eyes.

"So loud that fishbowl owners will come. Looking to see if their noisy fishes are awake. Not good, no? Best to have shouting matches quietly... Or inside head."

She cracked a thin-blooded smirk, dropping her arms to either side of her as both hands went back inside her sleeves. She looked away from the others abruptly, gaze darting up one side of the room in erratic increments as she scanned walls and corners for cameras, her slouched posture and body language just about jilted and uncomfortable enough to seem unnatural, as though she were some sort of cryptid caught fleetingly in the wilderness and not a human being.

"We are still prisoners, but not imprisoned... Institutionalized. I have been like this before. Any freedom is illusion. Who put us here would not put us somewhere we had chance of escaping from blindly, and to escape first box we must know what lies in second box... and third box... and every box that brings us away from the bottom of ocean." She paused and breathed in through her teeth, blinking a few times in silence as she tried to think of another way to express what she was saying. English wasn't her first language. Not that she was any more lucid in her mother tongue.

"...Can make reckless escape after we get further information. Maybe radio will tell us things when others stop playing with it and pretending it is broken. Until then... let's talk? I am Helena. What is your names?"

"I could kill you with fork..."

Helena offered sincerely, eyebrows raised as she held the eating utensil up with one hand. This man had a strange definition of art.

@C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @The Tactician @Chris Lang @Cromartie Sarkissian @Gwazi Magnum @PEOPLE OF RAPTURE @I AM EASILY OVERWHELMED

Coming up towards Carol and the lucky rabbit, Ellis was like dear in headlight before making his presence know. In a Ellis way.

"So is this some sorta Aquarium? Ya know, this reminds me of the time my buddy Keith and me went to an Aquarium. Anyway, we were just shootin' the shit, then, bam! We saw those hundred year monster turtles. Ya know, the one that leave their babies to die. Side note, that's kinda of fucked up. I mean, what kinda mom and dad let their babies hatch on beach by themselves? Anywho, Keith always wanted own a turtle, and bigger is always better.. So he found the way inside the tank, well, long story short, ain't a good idea to try to sneak out a turtle in your pants. You'll get your ass tazed."

Pausing slightly. the younf man looked to Carol.

"Anyway miss, Names Ellis, or El. Ain't nobody call me that, but it'd be cool. Or Not. So your radio? I'm a mechanic by trade, if it'd be any help."

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @ @The Tactician @BarrenThin @C.T. @Minerva @Verite @Yata

Again, it was great to find someone that he could possibly find trust within, he would have to give it time and see where this would go. Just hopefully they'll find their way back to their homes soon. However, from what Nier was getting in terms of the other conversations, they were working on some sort of radio and talking about some sort of precautionary measure using guns?

tumblr_o92xubDGJD1v3qowuo2_100.png

What the hell... is a radio? Guns? Where do these people come from exactly?

It was like these people come from that forgotten world before his current time... and at least they had certain people on the job as of now. Nier wouldn't be much help in both situations, regarding the radios and the guns.

@A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters
After daydreaming for several minutes about "things" she wanted to do with her Senpai when she returned home, Ayano finally snapped from her daze and returned to the land of reality. Thinking about her future could wait. Right now, she needed to find a way to return home so she could secure that marvelous future she had plans for.

Right, well, first thing's first. I need to start by doing what I do at school. I need to act normal. It shouldn't be too difficult, considering all of the oddballs who seem to be in this area.

Stiffly, Ayano approached Vanille from behind and tapped her gently on the shoulder.

"Hello there, you seem like a nice girl," she said, bowing politely.

Too bad I hate girls.

UEdmg4k.png

"Would you be so kind as to tell me if you've learned any information at all about this place? I-I'm afraid I... really need to get home," she sweetly spoke, making her words stutter on purpose.

Home is where my heart is, with my beloved Senpai.

Ayano sighed. "Y-You see, I have to get back because..."

I need to kill someone.

"...my family will worry about me and my grades in school will slip if I don't."

@Gummi Bunnies @A Tiny Fool

"Oh!"

tumblr_inline_o9g54b17Zi1sp0qi5_500.png

Vanille felt herself jump a bit after being touched on the shoulder from behind. She hadn't expected for someone to try and come into contact with her so suddenly like that. Nevertheless, she pointed her attention towards the girl who had garnered her attention. The girl was polite, with her bowing. She seemed.. innocent... in the Oerbian's eyes.

"Hello," she greeted back.

tumblr_inline_o9g58sHNxi1sp0qi5_500.png

After hearing Ayano's question, she frowned.

"I... I'm sorry. I don't really know much about this place. All I know is that we're underwater somewhere," she answered in an apologetic tone.

"--But," she continued. "if you need some help with getting home, you can stick around with us, if you'd like."

tumblr_inline_o9gpmbw3pv1sp0qi5_500.png

"And well, I don't know what grades and school are, but they sound like important things."

tumblr_inline_o9gpm70RZy1sp0qi5_500.png

"Family's important too... So I'd be happy to help you!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @otherslol​

3d3jIAs.png

Before the Depths…

It had been nearing midnight when Odette had come upon her next victim. She seemed young, obviously not old enough to be out on the town this late. The demoness could only wonder why this little girl was quickly making her way from an old book store on the corner of the street. The night was black, and Odette's revealing attire gave her good cover as she followed the girl down the street.

Her master's voice echoed in her thoughts as she picked up on the innocent aura from her. "Odette, because you have sinned, all the innocent souls will be taken by you for my army. You have no choice, you will serve me forever." She winced at the fleeting image of the man she cheated on with the devil and shook her head before honing in on her target. The girl was small, perhaps thirteen or so, and she had the most beautiful red hair. Odette smiled darkly as she headed off the street path into the wooded road. This would be too easy.

Odette's eyes adjusted in the darkness of the forest and she could clearly see the girl's outline quickly making her way down the road. Perhaps her house was at the end? Odette absent mindedly shrugged and without realizing it her studded leather boot crunched loudly upon a twig. She hissed softly as the girl froze in place and than started to run. The demoness snarled at this and pursued her deeper into the forest. Somehow this child was lightning on her feet as soon as she veered off the dirt path, Odette had lost sight of her in the foliage.

As she sniffed the air cautiously a deep vibration unsettled her. It was only then did a blinding light overcome her and she was forced into unconsciousness.

-----

It was only when a loud and disruptive voice called out did Odette awaken from her sleep. The air smelled familiar, like the pits of hell she visited with her master. It was of death and…wetness? Odette finally opened her eyes to reveal a damp and dark place that she had never seen before. She was tucked into a corner and only then did she realize there was many people along with her here. They all seemed to be unaware of why they were there. Odette snarled angrily and tried to communicate with her master telepathically--but nothing. It was unusually silent.

Odette let out an angry breath and felt her cloak pockets and was releaved to feel her two bone handle daggers tucked into their spots. At least she had something to defend herself with. She may have been a demon, but with this unknown place, perhaps others might be as strong as her master?

She hoisted herself out of the corner and looked around, she had finally noticed a giant window and it appeared that they were deep beneath murky water. This was very unusual, a memory of a pool party with her prior made the demoness wince and she stretched her body and made her way up to the window to get a better view. There was someone already there. She bit her lip and glared at the man.

"What the fuck is this? Who are you, do you know what is going on here?" She snarled angrily at him, crossing her arms in front of her chest tightly. Her eyes flared with demonfire as she studied the man staring out into the dark waters. Would he know why she was brought here? Was he helping her master punish her further? She had no idea, but she hoped he would speak soon.

]
KcQvXY0.png

@ShiroKiyoshi
Demon!

On cue Sean swung his bat at the woman and gave her a harsh glare. It was likely that she noticed since he wasn't a ninja or anything and merely swung it from its position, taking all of his body's momentum with it. Where he had come from it'd be a fool's mistake to take this sack of flesh as a human.

"If you are trying to sign a pact with me I am already in one. If you were trying to kill all of us you should have done so when you had the chance." Sean said as he got into a batter's stance and the bat lit on fire with blue flame. "Tell me demon. What is your goal? This is your illusion isn't it? Why trap me here instead of kill me?"

Sean then swung his bat at the girl once again, but this time it was aided by the flames and swung faster. "If you don't speak quickly I will uphold my role as a demon hunter and kill you..."

Wait, she's human, but her soul is so corrupt. Is it possible...

"...unless you have a pact."

...she's from Horizon?

Sean's stance didn't seem to waver, but his expression did lighten. The possibility that Horizon Academy's hunters and demons being targeted for this mess did not elude him. Besides this he seemed just as clueless as she and more scared of her than anything.

@ScreamingWillows

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
"Fancy ass gun, you got there, mi amigo. Too bad it'll be useless when you fire that bullet of yours."

Jesse wasn't an easy guy to impress. Shiny watches and cars? Nothing from him. Millions of dollars in your bank account? A man of the lord had no need for such things. The skill to shoot a gun and kill something with it? He had been taught that when he was eight, by the man who had killed his father. It didn't mean anything to him.

It especially didn't mean jack shit when it was with some ricky-dink golden gun that could be put together like a children's puzzle.

"And to kill with a gun? That's not impressive at all. You can shoot a man from afar, never get to know him and never feel any guilt about it."

He stepped between 76 and the Spaniard, not at all afraid of the man who twirled a gun like it somehow made him threatening, "You know what's impressive? Knowin' a man from your church, knowin' his whole life story and how his marriage is. Knowin' what a piece of shit he really is, how he beats his wife repeatedly unless he's at the local Klan meetin', how his son asks you to take care of him because you're the only person that boy trusts to get the job done. What's impressive is knowing all of that and bein' disgusted by it, and still holdin' back from killin' the son of a bitch when you get a chance to."

"You had best back down and stop waving that .22 around, because I'm tellin' you, amigo, it won't end well for you if you shoot someone in this situation."

"Or as my fellow pastor kindly put it, best you don't fire too soon. Thank you, preacher," Jesse gave the man a nod of respect.

426oZbG.png

Many of Rapture's newest denizens were already getting a feel for one another. For one, in particular... this was not so. The attention she outwardly paid to the others present was negligible bordering on nonexistent, even the most outlandish among them completely failing to capture her interest in any palpable way, their bids for cooperation and wary standoffs meaning nothing to her. Old and shriveled raisin men and little girls with bright hair colors. She did not care. There was something that captivated her more than any of them.

The blue.

A ghostly figure, she lingered near the vast viewing window looking out onto the neon-illuminated ocean cityscape. The vibrant light funneled through the deep waters to cast a marine hue across her unnaturally white skin and hair, tired brown eyes open wide despite the bags underneath them and roving across the submerged landscape with curiosity like that of a child's. She was on her haunches, squatting with perfect balance, one hand outstretched with palm placed against the cool glass. The way she was so silent, so perfectly still, she could've passed for a mime were it not for what she did next.

She smashed her forehead into the viewing window with a dull thump. This did nothing to the glass, obviously; Anything that could withstand deep sea pressure wasn't going to be affected by a headbutt. She knew this. All it accomplished was making noise and bruising her head, but the pale woman showed no signs of discomfort as she let her hand slip down from the glass and shifted forward onto her knees, movements slow and poised like a prowling panther.

She opened and closed her mouth a few times in mimicry of a goldfish and exhaled through her nostrils, her head slowly turning to crane over her shoulder and gaze expressionlessly at the others present.

wvjKzy7.jpg

There was a marked contrast between the voices of the two and the one that addressed them in response, hers quiet and comparatively calm (if a little stuffy), tinged with a strong eastern European accent. She stepped over to them, hands draped in sweater sleeves that were slightly too long playing with an unremarkable silverware fork, twirling the prongs against her fingertips as she looked at them both with dead eyes.

"So loud that fishbowl owners will come. Looking to see if their noisy fishes are awake. Not good, no? Best to have shouting matches quietly... Or inside head."

She cracked a thin-blooded smirk, dropping her arms to either side of her as both hands went back inside her sleeves. She looked away from the others abruptly, gaze darting up one side of the room in erratic increments as she scanned walls and corners for cameras, her slouched posture and body language just about jilted and uncomfortable enough to seem unnatural, as though she were some sort of cryptid caught fleetingly in the wilderness and not a human being.

"We are still prisoners, but not imprisoned... Institutionalized. I have been like this before. Any freedom is illusion. Who put us here would not put us somewhere we had chance of escaping from blindly, and to escape first box we must know what lies in second box... and third box... and every box that brings us away from the bottom of ocean." She paused and breathed in through her teeth, blinking a few times in silence as she tried to think of another way to express what she was saying. English wasn't her first language. Not that she was any more lucid in her mother tongue.

"...Can make reckless escape after we get further information. Maybe radio will tell us things when others stop playing with it and pretending it is broken. Until then... let's talk? I am Helena. What is your names?"

Helena offered sincerely, eyebrows raised as she held the eating utensil up with one hand. This man had a strange definition of art.

@C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @The Tactician @Chris Lang @Cromartie Sarkissian @Gwazi Magnum @PEOPLE OF RAPTURE @I AM EASILY OVERWHELMED

Unsurprisingly, this shouting match was bringing a bigger crowd... including a fellow Preacher who was speaking some sense. Shepherd returned the nod in respect before continuing "As others some seem also be advising, now is not a time for violence but for understanding of our situation... and those we are to escape with. You may call me Derrial, or Shepherd if you prefer. It is good to meet you Pastor and Helena".

@Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers

426oZbG.png

The blue.

wvjKzy7.jpg

Unsurprisingly, this shouting match was bringing a bigger crowd... including a fellow Preacher who was speaking some sense. Shepherd returned the nod in respect before continuing "As others some seem also be advising, now is not a time for violence but for understanding of our situation... and those we are to escape with. You may call me Derrial, or Shepherd if you prefer. It is good to meet you Pastor and Helena".

@Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers
"No need for the fork, miss... well, just yet," Jesse commented with a slight smile, "And nice to meet you, Helena, and you, Pastor Shepherd. Name's Jesse Custer."

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Quite a home you guys have. I guess a Fantasy setting isn't as laid back as I thought. Or is it reality to you guys? I think I'm confusing myself. Anyways, back where I'm from, I have been working as an idol ever since Producer recruited me. It's a really nice job, being able to make others happy, even myself. I used to be kind of glum before that job," Mirei smiles, "to think that I used to be quite a loner, travelling by myself during shopping trips..."

2Pcq61N.webp

"... it's nothing, I'm just feeling a little homesick."​

dpeyrHi.webp

"As much as I have a bad feeling about that guy, I don't think anyone else here brought drinks. Ah! I still have these."

From her pockets, she unleashed a can of coffee. It was originally hot, but now it was warm.

2Pcq61N.webp

"H- here you go, gramps..." Mirei turns away, her hand holding a can of coffee and reaching towards the old guy, "I... I heard you were thirsty... so I thought that you might want something to drink..."

Interactions:

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan
76 turned to the strangely-dressed girl, who offered him...canned coffee? What the hell?

"..hey, thanks." 76 said with a nod, kindly taking the coffee. 76 was an american man, born and raised. He fought for his country, he was enhanced by his country, and now he is being hunted by his country. He'd like it more if it wasn't being run by the rich, greedy and corrupt. The war he once fought was to protect it, and now he is fighting a war to tear down the corruption that tore apart his squad.

...hell, that thought alone made 76 grumble something underneath his breath and he reached up for his mask. The tactical visor would dark and deactivate, as the mask came off for a brief moment.

*siiiiiip*

The lukewarm caffine entered the soldiers system, the distinct taste of old canned hazelnut reawakening him.

"..Ah, thats the stuff.."

Coffee kept this man alive. Just as quickly the mask came off, it was on again, before anyone could look upon the mans face.

@Crow

"Just Carol," she said to McCree, crossing her arms and tucking the radio under them, "and you'll have to tell me about some of those train-robbing adventures on our down time. Sounds exciting."

W5A5joS.jpg

Carol then noticed two of the stranger-looking members of the group descended on her to take the radio. She retreated from the pair with a flinch, giving them a perplexed look. "Hey now," she said in a slightly scolding manner, "keep in mind your manners. It might not be a good idea to have two many hands pawing at the radio right now." She softened her tone and shot Owlman and Skyla a shy smile. Carol knew how to utilize her motherly side when she needed to. "I promise you two will be the first I come to if I need some help, got it?"

Of course, that was until Ellis made his entrance, butting into the group with a rather sudden story. Carol turned to stare at the boy, unable to hide her confused expression. When the boy, Ellis, finished and addressed her, an amused smirk broke out on Carol's face. "Well, then. That was an interesting story." She meant it in a nice way, at least. She wasn't sure how she felt about Ellis' offer, considering a refusal of an actual mechanic's help would no doubt seem pretty odd of her.

"A mechanic? Well... Thank you so much for your help, then. Come on."

Carol then directed Ellis to a nearby bench and sat down upon it.

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Josh M

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
GW300H300

-----
"Guns at high noon!"

Glorius

-------

GW435H244

A golden fountain pen
A golden cigarette case

The pen lid was returned

He had his Golden Gun

Cast list:

Mobile Post​

Despite being among the celestials, it wasn't like Samael was unaware of the nature of firearms. Various angels and demons used guns themselves, after all. What took her off-guard was his nonchalant decision to challenge her to a battle. Very brave for a human. She almost thought of taking him up on it, challenging him to shoot her if he could do so before she sliced the bullet in half with the scythe she had stored in a pocket dimension. If he could land that hit, she'd perhaps give him the privilege of being taken seriously. Even if just a little.

Yet her desire to attempt it quickly faded as something even more surprising happened. From her perspective, at least. Jesse (Custer) and some other man she didn't know came to her aid. She couldn't say she didn't appreciate people actually standing up for her of all people, but she'd also be lying if she said it wasn't a bit of a damper on her fighting mood.

Which, overall, was probably better for everyone anyway.

Samael glanced up at the preacher, though seemed to have trouble deciding what expression she was to take. Sullen? Happy? Unable to decide, the fallen angel settled on a kind of neutral expression. Likely the most serious expression she'd had since anyone here had seen her.

90G9GUM.png

"...Thanks."

As she'd figured the preacher had taken her words at face value, taking the time to step up and defend her wasn't something she expected. Not from the preacher, not from the older preacher. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about that.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @Gwazi Magnum @Cromartie Sarkissian

Status
Not open for further replies.