• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
58ef1d4819f0ca1a21f0af6d07d4ac0c.jpg

"I'm fine, no need to worry about that.."

Winslow grumbled as he was helped to his feet. The mask had softened most of the impact. But his head was still aching like you wouldn't believe and this time it wasn't just because of the burns. Looking back at Samael, Winslow's face turned up into a grin. "She may seem like a child but I'm telling you she's more than that. She went and said it herself. Maybe you think I'm crazy for suggesting it. But I'm sure that there's more to her than meets the eye.."

Given how composed she'd been when they spoke earlier in Swan's studio and how she had just taken him down now. Winslow didn't feel like he was too far off the cuff with his remark. What capabilities Samael possessed as an 'angel of death' however remained to be seen.

"But she's the best chance I've got at getting what I want. So the two of us need to stick together.." Winslow admitted, almost sounding begrudging while doing so. But it was the honest truth. If Samael could take care of Swan then it was Winslow's top priority to keep her alive. Even if it came at the risk of his own life...

@Kaykay @The Tactician
"Listen, Winslow, she seems like a normal kid to me. She's just got an overactive image-"

Sadly, before Jesse could finish his response, the old man decided to remind everyone of the fact that he was a soldier.

"Hm, yeah, figures." 76 said, scratching his head. Truth be told, he...never really was one for the technology approach.

"Better you than me, McCree" 76 retorted, letting out a low, grizzled chuckle underneath his breath. "I got it.."

eB5iFZxaM8dpRUw92avPrS-970-80.jpg

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

76's voice suddenly barked over the room, loud and aged, filled with experienced.

"I HATE STANDING ON THE SIDELINES, AND I HATE SEEING USELESS JOKERS STANDING ON THE SIDELINES! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK A RADIO, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND FIX THIS RADIO! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO HOLD A GUN, WATCH THE PERIMETER FOR ENEMY CONTACTS!"

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO EITHER OF THOSE, THEN YOU SHUT UP AND SIT TIGHT, I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL YOU ARE! YOU GET OUT OF OUR WAY, OR YOU GET RUN OVER! LETS GO, CHOP CHOP!"

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ScreamingWillows @Sen @Sir Ni!-ck @T.O.M. @Takumi @The Tactician @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @york @Yun Lee
As Carol and Scott listened in on the ongoing conversation, she managed to pick up names and titles that she honestly couldn't have cared less about. Were these people from some other world? Did it matter? Their status in life mattered little in these kinds of situations. When it came down to survival, everyone was on equal ground. All that mattered then were the men and the women who had the power to lead and get done what needed to be done.

Right now, Carol figured she was staring at the people up to the role. Problem was, she didn't want to get swept away in all the commotion. She ended up giving Scott a sidelong look, feeling a tinge of impatience that he had not yet given up the radio. She smoothed her expression with a look of concern when he asked her if she could smell anything, and all Carol could offer was a shrug. "Only a musty smell. Not surprising with the water and all. Nothing to worry about."

I7ZbgcM.png

With that, Carol cleared her throat and timidly raised her hand. She looked to Jesse, wishing she had her rosary on her. Such a small object went a long way to painting a picture about oneself. "Ah... father?" she said cautiously, her voice wavering, "I agree. We... We all should get moving. I can't say I like it here much at all... gives me the goosebumps, really." She was talking to men, the majority of which outwardly appeared big and tall, making her look small by comparison. It worked out well. "It's calming to see a man of faith here, if you don't mind me saying. I pray God is with us in this awful place."

It was then that the... rabbit spoke up, offering to help with the radio. Something about that was amusing to Carol, but she wasn't sure she trusted him with the item. She quickly shook her head and offered small smile to the group. "No, no, I think I could take a look at the radio while you all do the harder work. It's the least I can do. Otherwise, I'd just get in the way. Surely... you have skills that are better put to use."

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin
He raised an eyebrow. "... Missy, I don't even know who your parents are, and, even if I did, I ain't tellin' nobody. It would be mighty hypocritical of me, considerin' my line of work and all. Besides... A friend of mine once said that the world could always use more heroes. Long as you ain't a two-faced fool, you're alright with me." The cowboy winked at her, the rogueish air about him never fading. "The moron with a sword's right, though. This place ain't safe, and I don't fancy drownin'. Care to join me?"

McCree sighed. "
Well, you're gonna be popular, I can already tell." What had happened to Jack? Clearly whatever had gone down in that building had marred the boyscout he never listened to, but always respected. "Boss, these people are scared. This ain't helpin'."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Verite
@Krieg
@The Tactician
The preacher could only sigh as the old man screamed like a maniac, trying to get everyone organized. It seemed the soldier had been a terrible choice for getting everyone organized. Time to do damage control. "Gramps, that's enough. Just... Just leave it to me and the cowboy here. He seems to be better with the whole social thing. Uh, and cowboy, what's your name by the way?"

Then the next woman came up to him, an older one who seemed to have seen some sort of hell if the wariness and fatigue she was projecting was any clue. However, she seemed like a sweet enough woman, and one who had a level-head like Symmetra. He shot a sweet smile her way, both for her sweet words and the fact that she seemed relatively normal, "Well, I'm touched, ma'am. It's not often I get to hear somethin' quite like that. Believe me when I say that I'm sure the Lord is with us right now, watching over us."

It was a bold-faced lie. He still wasn't sure what had come over his life recently to keep him from giving up the cloth, and he wasn't going to jump straight back to absolute devotion just yet. However, for the sake of the others, he would certainly give comfort, and if that meant telling a lie to do some good in their lives? Yeah, he would believe that it was God watching over them.

"And just call me Jesse, ma'am. We're not in the church sanctuary, so there's no need to worry about titles or anything."

He raised an eyebrow. "... Missy, I don't even know who your parents are, and, even if I did, I ain't tellin' nobody. It would be mighty hypocritical of me, considerin' my line of work and all. Besides... A friend of mine once said that the world could always use more heroes. Long as you ain't a two-faced fool, you're alright with me." The cowboy winked at her, the rogueish air about him never fading. "The moron with a sword's right, though. This place ain't safe, and I don't fancy drownin'. Care to join me?"
"Ah... Sure, I suppose I don't see the harm in that. The more the merrier after all," Gwen said with a shrug, "Hopefully, we can all be able to cooperate peacefully and--"

"Hm, yeah, figures." 76 said, scratching his head. Truth be told, he...never really was one for the technology approach.

"Better you than me, McCree" 76 retorted, letting out a low, grizzled chuckle underneath his breath. "I got it.."

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

76's voice suddenly barked over the room, loud and aged, filled with experienced.

"I HATE STANDING ON THE SIDELINES, AND I HATE SEEING USELESS JOKERS STANDING ON THE SIDELINES! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK A RADIO, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND FIX THIS RADIO! ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO HOLD A GUN, WATCH THE PERIMETER FOR ENEMY CONTACTS!"

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO EITHER OF THOSE, THEN YOU SHUT UP AND SIT TIGHT, I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL YOU ARE! YOU GET OUT OF OUR WAY, OR YOU GET RUN OVER! LETS GO, CHOP CHOP!"

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ScreamingWillows @Sen @Sir Ni!-ck @T.O.M. @Takumi @The Tactician @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @york @Yun Lee
"WAIT HOLD ON I CAN SHOUT TOO AND GUESS WHAT I GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU SAY AND THAT QUESTION IS THIS: WHO THE HELL DIED AND PUT YOU IN CHARGE, YOU TWO-BIT CYBORG LOOKING CLINT EASTWOOD MOTHERFUCKER? JUST CAUSE YOU GOT A GLOWY VISOR LIKE SCOTT SUMMERS DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO TAKE COMMAND, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. STRANGER DANGER!"
"... Oh. Okay."

@C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT

sBkB9YK.png

"No! I mean you other name, Hayasaka," she mumbled, pouting. "Hayasaka. Hayasaka..."

VmwJuMW.png

"Hehheh, that's really fun to say! Hayasaka Mirei!" As she listened to the stranger, she could only blink cluelessly at what she was saying. There were a lot of words she didn't know and it was making her head spin. Maybe she came from a place like the Deeprealms? She knew there were a lot of places to live there.

nMrr8g0.png

"What do you mean? I can turn into one! And Keaton and turn into a Wolfskin." She pulled out a hand-carved piece of stone, glowing a light blue in her hands. "Mama gave me this so I can turn into a dragon and not hurt my friends!"

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana
"Hey kiddo... Ah don't cry... Uncle Keaton's here to keep you safe..."

tumblr_o3cocakl4W1v83vjro7_250.jpg

"This isn't home though... Nor is it that nice cave I fell asleep in.... Just where are we...?" Keaton would speak in confusion before falling silent as the conversation continued.

"Yeah... I've got two of my own stones." Keaton spoke holding out his Beaststone+ and his beastrune...

tumblr_o3cocakl4W1v83vjro5_250.jpg

"I'm absolute crap with real weapons so I rely on these stones..." Keaton added as he thought it over at how useless he was with weapons.

@Crow @Sen @Minerva @Hana
MrTeDBo.png

"I don't know... This place is too wet, I thought we were in the Deeprealms!" she sniffed the air. "But I don't smell home anywhere!"

Kana could only giggle at his statement. "I think you look cooler when you fight with your beaststone!"

@Crow @Crimson Spartan

iPlzNRf.webp

"Oh, I see. That's my family name. Don't you guys have one?" Mirei asks.

oXY7KPL.jpg

"So, are you guys berserkers in the battlefield or something? Tanking the front lines and all that... it's kind of cool seeing them beyond fortnightly sessions of DICE DE Cinderella*."

It seems that Mirei has figured that they were from a medieval setting.

iPlzNRf.webp

"What's your home like, anyways?"

Meanwhile, the odd book in Mirei's hand, titled How to Sieve through a Murder might catch Skyla's attention. Any further words on the book were blocked off by Mirei's hands.

Interactions:

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Minerva

*An in-universe tabletop game that was initially meant to be an April Fool's Joke. It's so basic, your kids can play it!

MrTeDBo.png

"I don't know... This place is too wet, I thought we were in the Deeprealms!" she sniffed the air. "But I don't smell home anywhere!"

Kana could only giggle at his statement. "I think you look cooler when you fight with your beaststone!"

@Crow @Crimson Spartan
"I do...?"

Small_portrait_keaton_fe14.png

"I mean... Of course I look cool... heh you're no slouch in your dragon form though..."

Then he catches on to the stench...

"Not home but.....

Lc3QJcS.png

It's absolutely divine.... You don't get to smell things like this regularly...."

Oh boy....
iPlzNRf.webp

oXY7KPL.jpg

"So, are you guys berserkers in the battlefield or something? Tanking the front lines and all that... it's kind of cool seeing them beyond fortnightly sessions of DICE DE Cinderella*."

iPlzNRf.webp

Meanwhile, the odd book in Mirei's hand, titled How to Sieve through a Murder might catch Skyla's attention. Any further words on the book were blocked off by Mirei's hands.

Interactions:

*An in-universe tabletop game that was initially meant to be an April Fool's Joke. It's so basic, your kids can play it!
"Er... Half of what you said doesn't make sense... But the berserker thing is true for me. Hah back home i'm a leader of my pack... Though some humans hunt us for our fur... It's real soft ya know... But a lot of times I take of 'em. Meat is better fresh after all... But only bad guy's meat..." Is he hinting at what we think he is...? Oh boy...

@Sen @Crow @Hana @Minerva

"WAIT HOLD ON I CAN SHOUT TOO AND GUESS WHAT I GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU SAY AND THAT QUESTION IS THIS: WHO THE HELL DIED AND PUT YOU IN CHARGE, YOU TWO-BIT CYBORG LOOKING CLINT EASTWOOD MOTHERFUCKER? JUST CAUSE YOU GOT A GLOWY VISOR LIKE SCOTT SUMMERS DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO TAKE COMMAND, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. STRANGER DANGER!"

The preacher could only sigh as the old man screamed like a maniac, trying to get everyone organized. It seemed the soldier had been a terrible choice for getting everyone organized. Time to do damage control. "Gramps, that's enough. Just... Just leave it to me and the cowboy here. He seems to be better with the whole social thing."

McCree sighed. "Well, you're gonna be popular, I can already tell." What had happened to Jack? Clearly whatever had gone down in that building had marred the boyscout he never listened to, but always respected. "Boss, these people are scared. This ain't helpin'."

76 grumbled, turning around. "Oh, hell, I am sorry, I guess sitting around and twiddling our thumbs and talking about comic books is going to get these people out. I get it, we're all disoriented and trying to find out what to do. But, we need to stop being disoriented. We need the radio fixed, we need to plot an escape route, we need to make sure we don't DROWN! The mission at hand is all that matters."

76 would clench his fist, trying to get his point across as he stared at Jesse and McCree. He wasn't asking for people to be executed like Tywin, but he was asking for people to get up off their asses and do something. Scratching his head, the veteran sighed and heaved up his pulse rifle, trying to keep the war raging inside of his mind from breaking him before they can even leave the room.

"...alright, I won't yell, but can we please just get something done?"

@Verite @The Tactician @BarrenThin @C.T. @Others​

@Gummi Bunnies

Niko listened to Nier explain himself, deep down he felt bad for the kid, as it did seem he needed to get back. Still, it surprised Niko when Vanille said they would help him

"We....sorry Miss Vanille, I have no reason to..." He paused a moment, thinking to himself. If he helped Vanille and Nier, they would probably help him get back to Liberty City in exchange for his services.

"Eh, never mind, I guess I'll help you fine people out, no charge." He said
tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo10_100.png

"Yeah... getting back there as soon as possible... I want to be there before anything else happens..."

Even without explaining the whole case of his home's current state, Nier saw that Vanille was worried for him and what he had waiting for him back home. Yet, he didn't want to talk about it any further, not now. It was too early to be giving in a whole life story to people, not when a possible betrayal could happen.

tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo6_100.png

"And thanks, Vanille... better to be with somebody than to be alone..."

"Much appreciated... then, Niko. This way... everybody wins..."

For some reason, those words that Nier had said to Niko seemed to give him a slight moment of remembrance. A few years back, when he and his sister Yonah had nowhere to go... the boy remembered how he was offered up a job within the village he came to know as home.

This way, everybody wins.

Dammit... you're rubbing off of me, even in a time like this, Popola...

Seeing that Popola and Devola were nowhere to be found at the village before his appearance here, Nier immediately snapped himself out of his memory-like trance.

@A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"I'll try to help both of you to get back home. I promise," the Pulsian spoke with utmost certainty.

When it came to promises, Vanille always did her best to try and carry them out. If she was able to help save Gran Pulse and Cocoon, surely she would be able to help others return back home. Well, that was all she could hope for down here.

"Now, if we were all to get home... how would we do it?"

She looked around.

tumblr_inline_o9g55zrnlu1sp0qi5_500.png

Vanille thought to herself quietly. They were in this place that was underwater. Surely there was some sort of device or person that would be able to send them all back to where they came from... since they were all brought here unwillingly. A sigh. She was a bit lost. Well, they had to wait... for whatever was to come. She hummed to herself, lost in thoughts.

tumblr_inline_o9g595M2fG1sp0qi5_500.png

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @otherslol​

"Clint Eastwood? Who's that?" The cowboy frowned at her. Admittedly, he found it funny, though, so he didn't even try to defend Jack. "She does have a point, though, boss. These people don't know you. You've gotta give 'em a reason to trust you."
"Listen, Winslow, she seems like a normal kid to me. She's just got an overactive image-"

Sadly, before Jesse could finish his response, the old man decided to remind everyone of the fact that he was a soldier.

The preacher could only sigh as the old man screamed like a maniac, trying to get everyone organized. It seemed the soldier had been a terrible choice for getting everyone organized. Time to do damage control. "Gramps, that's enough. Just... Just leave it to me and the cowboy here. He seems to be better with the whole social thing. Uh, and cowboy, what's your name by the way?"

Then the next woman came up to him, an older one who seemed to have seen some sort of hell if the wariness and fatigue she was projecting was any clue. However, she seemed like a sweet enough woman, and one who had a level-head like Symmetra. He shot a sweet smile her way, both for her sweet words and the fact that she seemed relatively normal, "Well, I'm touched, ma'am. It's not often I get to hear somethin' quite like that. Believe me when I say that I'm sure the Lord is with us right now, watching over us."

It was a bold-faced lie. He still wasn't sure what had come over his life recently to keep him from giving up the cloth, and he wasn't going to jump straight back to absolute devotion just yet. However, for the sake of the others, he would certainly give comfort, and if that meant telling a lie to do some good in their lives? Yeah, he would believe that it was God watching over them.

"And just call me Jesse, ma'am. We're not in the church sanctuary, so there's no need to worry about titles or anything."

"My name's Jesse, Father. Jesse McCree. Don't be too hard on the old timer. He's a great man, deep down. Just... Goin' through a phase." He smiled apologetically at the preacher, then the others.

"Ah... Sure, I suppose I don't see the harm in that. The more the merrier after all," Gwen said with a shrug, "Hopefully, we can all be able to cooperate peacefully and--"

"... Oh. Okay."

@C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"If it gets ugly, I'm skedaddlin'. Don't want no part in a group that fights itself." He shook his head with a pained sigh. He was feeling the effects of age, too, even though he wasn't as old as Jack. They were both getting too old for this.

His eyes did shift to Carol eventually, and he gave her a wary frown. She was either a dainty flower seeking protection, in which case he'd gladly oblige, or she was kissing up to the people she saw as being in charge to get ahead, in which case, he'd watch her. For now, he'd give her the benefit of the doubt. With his trademark roguish smirk and a puff from the cigar he'd gotten out at some point, he nodded to her. "Gettin' that radio work in' would be mighty nice of ya."

@Atomyk
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@C.T.
@Verite
@The Tactician

76 grumbled, turning around. "Oh, hell, I am sorry, I guess sitting around and twiddling our thumbs and talking about comic books is going to get these people out. I get it, we're all disoriented and trying to find out what to do. But, we need to stop being disoriented. We need the radio fixed, we need to plot an escape route, we need to make sure we don't DROWN! The mission at hand is all that matters."

76 would clench his fist, trying to get his point across as he stared at Jesse and McCree. He wasn't asking for people to be executed like Tywin, but he was asking for people to get up off their asses and do something. Scratching his head, the veteran sighed and heaved up his pulse rifle, trying to keep the war raging inside of his mind from breaking him before they can even leave the room.

"...yeeeeeeeeah to be honest? I only yelled cuz shouting looked like fun and I wanted to feel like BRIAN BLESSED if only for a moment. So I'm with you on that plan, actually. This is a step above MODOK at least. My name's Gwen by the way. Gwen Poole, with an e at the end. Nice to meet you...relatively speaking. Strange place, ya know?" She beamed, picking up her own gun. Oh what a lovely G36 rifle it was.

"Where do ya want me, bossman?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @The Tactician @etc​

iPlzNRf.webp

oXY7KPL.jpg

iPlzNRf.webp

Interactions:

nMrr8g0.png

"No... I'm just Kana! My mama gave me that name, I like it!" It sounded so much like a flower, her mother like flowers, after all, she wouldn't be surprised if she was named after one.

GfGgkLN.png

She tilted her head at the word 'berserker'. "I just fight for my friends and my family, because I have to protect them, I'm a big girl now!" She had even trained herself on how to use a sword, her trusty weapon and its sheath strapped to her side, although like Keaton, she was far more comfortable fighting with her Dragonstone, she knew a few tricks with a blade.

"My home is really nice, Mama and everyone else I love is there! There's lots of flowers and stuff, and the food is really good! Another dragon took Mama there one day, so now we have a really great place to live!"

She grinned at Keaton, "It even has funny stuff, like the things you find, Keaton! I know you have a hairball collection."

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana

• Love
Reactions: Crimson Spartan
"Clint Eastwood? Who's that?" The cowboy frowned at her. Admittedly, he found it funny, though, so he didn't even try to defend Jack. "She does have a point, though, boss. These people don't know you. You've gotta give 'em a reason to trust you."
"HE'S LIKE THE GREATEST MOVIE COWBOY EVER. Well, he was. Once. Now he kinda...argues with empty chairs and makes old grizzled veteran sorta racist-ish films with him as that guy. Not going to get into what that means."

"It's alright, old man, just calm down and understand these folks might not be used to your style, alright?"

The preacher hadn't meant to upset the man like that, but they couldn't have yelling and screaming going on the whole time. All that yelling would be more likely to start a panic than get everyone in line, so while he knew the soldier meant well, they really didn't need it right now.

"My name's Jesse, Father. Jesse McCree. Don't be too hard on the old timer. He's a great man, deep down. Just... Goin' through a phase." He smiled apologetically at the preacher, then the others.

"If it gets ugly, I'm skedaddlin'. Don't want no part in a group that fights itself." He shook his head with a pained sigh. He was feeling the effects of age, too, even though he wasn't as old as Jack. They were both getting too old for this.

His eyes did shift to Carol eventually, and he gave her a wary frown. She was either a dainty flower seeking protection, in which case he'd gladly oblige, or she was kissing up to the people she saw as being in charge to get ahead, in which case, he'd watch her. For now, he'd give her the benefit of the doubt. With his trademark roguish smirk and a puff from the cigar he'd gotten out at some point, he nodded to her. "Gettin' that radio work in' would be mighty nice of ya."

@Atomyk
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@C.T.
@Verite
@The Tactician
"...yeeeeeeeeah to be honest? I only yelled cuz shouting looked like fun and I wanted to feel like BRIAN BLESSED if only for a moment. So I'm with you on that plan, actually. This is a step above MODOK at least. My name's Gwen by the way. Gwen Poole, with an e at the end. Nice to meet you...relatively speaking. Strange place, ya know?" She beamed, picking up her own gun. Oh what a lovely G36 rifle it was.

"HE'S LIKE THE GREATEST MOVIE COWBOY EVER. Well, he was. Once. Now he kinda...argues with empty chairs and makes old grizzled veteran sorta racist-ish films with him as that guy. Not going to get into what that means."
"It's alright, he's just adjusting the situation. And Jesse's fine, Je-... Actually, call me Custer. Better that since people might get us confused otherwise, McCree," Jesse explained before finally remembering the cigarette he had lit. Taking a drag of the smoke, he cocked a brow as the girl introduced herself to the group and nodded, "Nice to meet ya, Gwen."

However, what really got his attention was the sin that McCree had just admitted to. In mock horror, he turned to the cowboy, searching for any dishonesty in his expression.

"You... Don't know who Clint Eastwood is, McCree? What about John Wayne?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @BarrenThin @C.T. @etc​

58ef1d4819f0ca1a21f0af6d07d4ac0c.jpg

"I'm fine, no need to worry about that.."

Winslow grumbled as he was helped to his feet. The mask had softened most of the impact. But his head was still aching like you wouldn't believe and this time it wasn't just because of the burns. Looking back at Samael, Winslow's face turned up into a grin. "She may seem like a child but I'm telling you she's more than that. She went and said it herself. Maybe you think I'm crazy for suggesting it. But I'm sure that there's more to her than meets the eye.."

Given how composed she'd been when they spoke earlier in Swan's studio and how she had just taken him down now. Winslow didn't feel like he was too far off the cuff with his remark. What capabilities Samael possessed as an 'angel of death' however remained to be seen.

"But she's the best chance I've got at getting what I want. So the two of us need to stick together.." Winslow admitted, almost sounding begrudging while doing so. But it was the honest truth. If Samael could take care of Swan then it was Winslow's top priority to keep her alive. Even if it came at the risk of his own life...

@Kaykay @The Tactician
Samael just beamed as he was helped back up, neither confirming nor denying anything that was said. It was hard to tell whether she just enjoyed getting him back for the remark, or just used it as an excuse to hit him in the first place. It didn't change the result much, though. Seemingly moving on from that quickly enough, she just covered her ears for the second time that day as people screamed back and forth. Alas, her poor ears were assaulted by all kinds of people today. She'd have found it funny were they just a bit quieter.​

Planning, fixing a thingy, not drowning, that sounded pretty difficult. Not to mention boring, even if it was kind of a good idea. Still, might as well make use of the crowd and...

XWQyUpe.png

"I'll supervise or something, yeah."

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @whoever's around

"It's alright, old man, just calm down and understand these folks might not be used to your style, alright?"

"..."

Well, hell, that was easy.

"Right, you can call me Soldier: 76. You sure you know how to fire that thing, kid?" 76 made a gesture toward the girls gun. Considering her age, deep down, he really did not want a teenage girl to end up hurting herself trying to defend others. Or, even worse, accidentally hurting others. The veterans mind would experience an override, his posture lightening up.

"...Keep it close to you. Don't use it unless you need to defend yourself, and that's only if I'm down for the count, you hear me?" 76 spoke to Gwen in a more lighter tone then previously, even with his grizzled voice. "For now, just sit tight. That goddamn radio is gonna get fixed eventually."

76 turned around to face Skyla, who offered herself as a potential repairer. "Skyla, help out with Symmetra on that radio. We need it up as fast as possible."

"Everyone else should just sit tight...and, maby look around for something useful. Goddammit, I need a drink.."

It's either a severe case of bi-polar syndrome, or just that Custer hit the veteran with a reality check. Sometimes, the urgency to complete a mission clouds ones judgement.

@The Tactician @Minerva @BarrenThin @C.T. @EVERYONE

3d3jIAs.png

Before the Depths…

It had been nearing midnight when Odette had come upon her next victim. She seemed young, obviously not old enough to be out on the town this late. The demoness could only wonder why this little girl was quickly making her way from an old book store on the corner of the street. The night was black, and Odette's revealing attire gave her good cover as she followed the girl down the street.

Her master's voice echoed in her thoughts as she picked up on the innocent aura from her. "Odette, because you have sinned, all the innocent souls will be taken by you for my army. You have no choice, you will serve me forever." She winced at the fleeting image of the man she cheated on with the devil and shook her head before honing in on her target. The girl was small, perhaps thirteen or so, and she had the most beautiful red hair. Odette smiled darkly as she headed off the street path into the wooded road. This would be too easy.

Odette's eyes adjusted in the darkness of the forest and she could clearly see the girl's outline quickly making her way down the road. Perhaps her house was at the end? Odette absent mindedly shrugged and without realizing it her studded leather boot crunched loudly upon a twig. She hissed softly as the girl froze in place and than started to run. The demoness snarled at this and pursued her deeper into the forest. Somehow this child was lightning on her feet as soon as she veered off the dirt path, Odette had lost sight of her in the foliage.

As she sniffed the air cautiously a deep vibration unsettled her. It was only then did a blinding light overcome her and she was forced into unconsciousness.

-----

It was only when a loud and disruptive voice called out did Odette awaken from her sleep. The air smelled familiar, like the pits of hell she visited with her master. It was of death and…wetness? Odette finally opened her eyes to reveal a damp and dark place that she had never seen before. She was tucked into a corner and only then did she realize there was many people along with her here. They all seemed to be unaware of why they were there. Odette snarled angrily and tried to communicate with her master telepathically--but nothing. It was unusually silent.

Odette let out an angry breath and felt her cloak pockets and was releaved to feel her two bone handle daggers tucked into their spots. At least she had something to defend herself with. She may have been a demon, but with this unknown place, perhaps others might be as strong as her master?

She hoisted herself out of the corner and looked around, she had finally noticed a giant window and it appeared that they were deep beneath murky water. This was very unusual, a memory of a pool party with her prior made the demoness wince and she stretched her body and made her way up to the window to get a better view. There was someone already there. She bit her lip and glared at the man.

"What the fuck is this? Who are you, do you know what is going on here?" She snarled angrily at him, crossing her arms in front of her chest tightly. Her eyes flared with demonfire as she studied the man staring out into the dark waters. Would he know why she was brought here? Was he helping her master punish her further? She had no idea, but she hoped he would speak soon.

]
KcQvXY0.png

@ShiroKiyoshi

"I'll try to help both of you to get back home. I promise," the Pulsian spoke with utmost certainty.

When it came to promises, Vanille always did her best to try and carry them out. If she was able to help save Gran Pulse and Cocoon, surely she would be able to help others return back home. Well, that was all she could hope for down here.

She looked around.

Vanille thought to herself quietly. They were in this place that was underwater. Surely there was some sort of device or person that would be able to send them all back to where they came from... since they were all brought here unwillingly. A sigh. She was a bit lost. Well, they had to wait... for whatever was to come. She hummed to herself, lost in thoughts.

Again, it was great to find someone that he could possibly find trust within, he would have to give it time and see where this would go. Just hopefully they'll find their way back to their homes soon. However, from what Nier was getting in terms of the other conversations, they were working on some sort of radio and talking about some sort of precautionary measure using guns?

tumblr_o92xubDGJD1v3qowuo2_100.png

What the hell... is a radio? Guns? Where do these people come from exactly?

It was like these people come from that forgotten world before his current time... and at least they had certain people on the job as of now. Nier wouldn't be much help in both situations, regarding the radios and the guns.

@A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters

"..."

Well, hell, that was easy.

"Right, you can call me Soldier: 76. You sure you know how to fire that thing, kid?" 76 made a gesture toward the girls gun. Considering her age, deep down, he really did not want a teenage girl to end up hurting herself trying to defend others. Or, even worse, accidentally hurting others. The veterans mind would experience an override, his posture lightening up.

"...Keep it close to you. Don't use it unless you need to defend yourself, and that's only if I'm down for the count, you hear me?" 76 spoke to Gwen in a more lighter tone then previously, even with his grizzled voice. "For now, just sit tight. That goddamn radio is gonna get fixed eventually."

76 turned around to face Skyla, who offered herself as a potential repairer. "Skyla, help out with Symmetra on that radio. We need it up as fast as possible."

"Everyone else should just sit tight...and, maby look around for something useful. Goddammit, I need a drink.."

It's either a severe case of bi-polar syndrome, or just that Custer hit the veteran with a reality check. Sometimes, the urgency to complete a mission clouds ones judgement.

@The Tactician @Minerva @BarrenThin @C.T. @EVERYONE

"No alcohol, but I've got smokes if you want one and don't mind taking off that mask," Jesse piped up as 76 grumbled about needing a drink. Without any hesitation, he pulled out his pack and lighter again, ready to hand them over to the man if he took him up on the offer.

@The Tactician @Minerva @BarrenThin @C.T. @EVERYONE​

The cowboy frowned at her for a few seconds, then tipped his hat. "Sounds like somebody I'd have left behind in the Deadeyes, minus the movie part. Cowboy life ain't all it's shown to be in the movies. Never was." With his trademark, ruggedly handsome grin, he spun the Peacekeeper. "It's way more fun than it looks."

@Verite @The Tactician @BarrenThin @C.T. @Others

"Ain't gotta ask me twice." Twirling the huge Peacekeeper out of apparent boredom, he took to surveying the crowd. "You reckon we could find a submarine or somethin?"

The preacher hadn't meant to upset the man like that, but they couldn't have yelling and screaming going on the whole time. All that yelling would be more likely to start a panic than get everyone in line, so while he knew the soldier meant well, they really didn't need it right now.

"It's alright, he's just adjusting the situation. And Jesse's fine, Je-... Actually, call me Custer. Better that since people might get us confused otherwise, McCree," Jesse explained before finally remembering the cigarette he had lit. Taking a drag of the smoke, he cocked a brow as the girl introduced herself to the group and nodded, "Nice to meet ya, Gwen."

However, what really got his attention was the sin that McCree had just admitted to. In mock horror, he turned to the cowboy, searching for any dishonesty in his expression.

"You... Don't know who Clint Eastwood is, McCree? What about John Wayne?"

"I've... Heard the name before. It was before my time." The cowboy smiled.

@The Tactician
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Verite
@C.T.

...Oh.

The woman's reeling at first made Oswald cock an eyebrow, but as realization began to set in, his hand came down from his chest. So he...Wasn't remembered at all, actually. He didn't have a heart. He was going to be back in the Wasteland any time now--Assuming this place wasn't some part of the Wasteland he'd never seen before. That was a little...Sobering. Upsetting, but sobering. His face fell, but only for a moment, letting out a small laugh of his own.

A radio? Looking at the boy, it certainly looked like there was a radio. Oswald paused, fumbling around his body, discovering to his pleasure that his remote was on him. It was a pretty simple device--A blue rectangle with a button and an antenna, nothing out of the ordinary for a cartoon--But it was useful for working with the machines that made up what wasn't made from paint. He wasn't any Gremlin, no, but he could still work something out.

"I'll fiddle with that ole' radio if y'need me to," He offered, putting on a bit of a smile. If he wasn't remembered and about to be the cartoon sensation he was made to be...Well, Oswald was willing to at least make himself useful. Maybe then he could figure out where exactly he was.

His money was on an underwater attraction. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea or somethin' like that. He expected a giant squid any second now.

[ @Atomyk @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Radio Crew ]​

As Carol and Scott listened in on the ongoing conversation, she managed to pick up names and titles that she honestly couldn't have cared less about. Were these people from some other world? Did it matter? Their status in life mattered little in these kinds of situations. When it came down to survival, everyone was on equal ground. All that mattered then were the men and the women who had the power to lead and get done what needed to be done.

Right now, Carol figured she was staring at the people up to the role. Problem was, she didn't want to get swept away in all the commotion. She ended up giving Scott a sidelong look, feeling a tinge of impatience that he had not yet given up the radio. She smoothed her expression with a look of concern when he asked her if she could smell anything, and all Carol could offer was a shrug. "Only a musty smell. Not surprising with the water and all. Nothing to worry about."

I7ZbgcM.png

With that, Carol cleared her throat and timidly raised her hand. She looked to Jesse, wishing she had her rosary on her. Such a small object went a long way to painting a picture about oneself. "Ah... father?" she said cautiously, her voice wavering, "I agree. We... We all should get moving. I can't say I like it here much at all... gives me the goosebumps, really." She was talking to men, the majority of which outwardly appeared big and tall, making her look small by comparison. It worked out well. "It's calming to see a man of faith here, if you don't mind me saying. I pray God is with us in this awful place."

It was then that the... rabbit spoke up, offering to help with the radio. Something about that was amusing to Carol, but she wasn't sure she trusted him with the item. She quickly shook her head and offered small smile to the group. "No, no, I think I could take a look at the radio while you all do the harder work. It's the least I can do. Otherwise, I'd just get in the way. Surely... you have skills that are better put to use."

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin

Clare had been quietly listening, looking the radio over while she went unnoticed, but hadn't tried to touch it.

Grey eyes took in details and deep down Clare was sure she would internally regret her choice of group due to the fact that it had to do with the radio.

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

She wasn't sure how she felt about this man or the other who talked of places called Westeros and Essos. She found them strange.

Though it seemed that things have calmed down to a degree, Clare tries to see if she could spot Lucifer and see how he was doing.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Atomyk @Minerva @Lissamel @Anyone I'm missing

Evie, obviously satisfied when hearing that, smiled at the man. It seems she'd found a good ally after all. The three of them wouldn't have to be the closest friends, but as long as they were on eachother's good side, her chances of survival would increase.

"Perfect..." she responded, keeping her most charming smile on. "Now, if you'll excuse me for my curiosity, do you happen to know... well, anything about anyone in here? Just for the sake of knowing who to avoid" With that, she glanced over to the cowboy and the man with him, who looked to be old, but covering his face with some kind of mask, and holding a weapon she'd never seen before in her life.

She stared at the two men for a while, trying to figure out what kind of technology they were wearing and holding, especially the white-haired one. Making sure to keep him in her sights.

@DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT :)

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP!"

Evie simply looked over for a moment, shrugged and raised her eyebrows, chuckling softly.

"This old fart thinks quite highly of himself" she mumbled to herself :)
Owlman
@Ellya @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @DapperDogman @Verite @Atomyk @Others

Owlman seemed to lose his smile, shrugging a little.

"I don't." He said, seeming a bit disappointed.

However, before he could say anything more, the rather loud, robotic voice of some aged sounding robot rang out through the room... And it was only then that he looked towards the radio, seeing an opening to fiddle with it.

Pm9htTB.jpg

"I'll show him." He muttered.

With that, he suddenly headed towards the radio, deciding to try and snatch it from the hands of Carol.. Whether or not he was broken, all he needed was a look at the wiring to know for sure. If there was anything he knew like the back of his hand; it would be gadgets like these.

Last edited:

She looked around.

Again, it was great to find someone that he could possibly find trust within, he would have to give it time and see where this would go. Just hopefully they'll find their way back to their homes soon. However, from what Nier was getting in terms of the other conversations, they were working on some sort of radio and talking about some sort of precautionary measure using guns?

tumblr_o92xubDGJD1v3qowuo2_100.png

What the hell... is a radio? Guns? Where do these people come from exactly?

It was like these people come from that forgotten world before his current time... and at least they had certain people on the job as of now. Nier wouldn't be much help in both situations, regarding the radios and the guns.

@A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters

After daydreaming for several minutes about "things" she wanted to do with her Senpai when she returned home, Ayano finally snapped from her daze and returned to the land of reality. Thinking about her future could wait. Right now, she needed to find a way to return home so she could secure that marvelous future she had plans for.

Right, well, first thing's first. I need to start by doing what I do at school. I need to act normal. It shouldn't be too difficult, considering all of the oddballs who seem to be in this area.

Stiffly, Ayano approached Vanille from behind and tapped her gently on the shoulder.

"Hello there, you seem like a nice girl," she said, bowing politely.

Too bad I hate girls.

UEdmg4k.png

"Would you be so kind as to tell me if you've learned any information at all about this place? I-I'm afraid I... really need to get home," she sweetly spoke, making her words stutter on purpose.

Home is where my heart is, with my beloved Senpai.

Ayano sighed. "Y-You see, I have to get back because..."

I need to kill someone.

"...my family will worry about me and my grades in school will slip if I don't."

@Gummi Bunnies @A Tiny Fool

Status
Not open for further replies.