• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott paused, as he considered his options. He could follow the Big Daddy who had become Mystique out the door, or perhaps he could. He couldn't leave the twins behind, not when he owed them for not killing him yet.

He raced upstairs and paused when he saw it. Jacob or rather from the dying scent, Jacob's corpse. It wasn't the first time he had dealt with loss. " Evie, are you okay?" He asked, concerned as he saw the switch and didn't go to flip it. There was an audio log and somethign else, an unnerving artifact. Artifacts never turned out well either.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @Ringmaster @Nater Taters @Indolent @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites
Evie didn't move or respond at all for the rest of the time everyone was there. Only when everyone started leaving, did Evie decide it was time to finally get up as well. She looked at her dear brother's face one last time, then took off his bracer, took the gold coin out of his pocket, and picked up his golden gun as well. However, she put that down on top of his body, then gently placing his hands over it, knowing how much he loved that gun. <3

She then leaned in and softly kissed her brother's cheek, and whispered: "I will avenge you, Jacob... I'll make sure he meets both of our blades, just like Starrick... I promise..." Then, she placed his top hat beside him and stroked what remained of his hair back, before getting up and catching up with the rest of the group.

Chapter Three
"The Calm"

With the switches now open and the watches leading them back to where they once were, the groups would soon enough find themselves at the center of Apollo Square once again. The arrows pointed towards a rather grizzly scene.

latest

The gallows had still fresh bodies hanging from them indicating that they saw a lot of use. The radio would spark to life as both groups arrived. "You're almost there people. Look under the gallows to the left, you should find a piece of metal sticking out. Flip that."

Someone would oblige and go under the gallows and finding a very out of place piece of metal sticking out from the ground they'd proceed to flip it. The debris in front of the gallows would shake open leaving a secret passage that would lead them to their destination.

Once the last person stepped inside the door would close up behind them once again. "Okay, take the tunnel to the left until you get to a split and from there go right, forward, left and right."

Symmetra took the lead using her glove to light up area and followed Caira's instructions, the group in turn following closely. And then... Rumble rumble rumble.

Suddenly, a stroke of bad luck would befall the group, as intense vibrations could be sensed as they'd all be able to feel as though the structural integrity of the particular area they were in at the moment seemed to greatly weaken. Before anyone knew it, giant debris from the ceiling would fall down, hitting the ground with loud thuds, a small amount of water leaking from where the debris had once resided.

1DIbH8W.png

"Uh... I think it's time we move, guys!" Gwen exclaimed, and with that, your journey to wherever Caira was leading you to would become a lot more hectic all of a sudden as more and more heavy debris from the ceiling would fall onto the ground as you would all have to make a break for it.

Fortunately, the attack of the falling debris wouldn't last very long, but in the process, Sean Grant and Lando Calrissian would be crushed underneath the debris. Still, there was nothing you could do for them. The sudden abruptness of the debris falling and stopping made one wonder if this was actually a deliberate trap set by Handsome Jack, one of his many so-called "presents," but either way, maybe it didn't matter, as the damage was already done anyway.

With that, they would continue moving on. Soon enough they would find a heavy duty door in front of them. Symmetra would knock hard on the door until a slit opened up in it. "Finally!"

The voice they heard was a familiar one, even with out the static. As the door was opened they would stand face to face with Caira.

caira.png

"It's an honor finally meeting you all in person! Come in, come in! Reyna's going to be happy to finally meet you guys!"

After closing the door behind them she'd lead the group through a corridor into a larger area with a number of tables and crates with supplies around the sides of the room that resembled a makeshift mess hall.

"Took your sweet time." They heard someone say.

icon-square.jpg

"The name's Reyna, I guess you could say I'm the commander of this place." Some among the group would recognize her voice from one of the audio logs they had found earlier. "You've gone through a lot of shit, so I suggest you get something to eat and drink." She motioned towards the corner with crates filled with an assortment of canned food as well as some very clean looking water.

"I'll call over the rest once you'd settled down, but all I'm going to say is. Welcome to the Resistance."

"Indeed. So they're finally here."

A3wL2OR.gif

"I'm almost impressed, but as Reyna said, doesn't look like you're all in very much of a hurry," Another unfamiliar voice, this time one belonging to a male, would speak out. From above, you would all be able to spot a blonde man standing atop a nearby catwalk, looking down at you with a stern expression. Lucifer, Ellis, and Clare would perhaps recognize him as a member of the organization that connected the three of them, and as for the others...

Clearing his throat, he'd speak up again.

"The name's Major Revolver Ocelot, though just Ocelot will do. That's all you need to know for now," he gruffly introduced himself, briefly directing his attention over to Reyna, "So they're our best bet at getting out of here? Hmph. I suppose we could do worse, at least."

lyxqOsw.gif

"Make yourself at home. That is, before you help us help you get back to your actual homes."

201563_1437589138848_299_250.png

Another young woman came out of a back room. She wore golden armor adorned with a purple sash. On her back was a golden spear. "I'm the other Reyna. Daughter of Bellona, and Praetor of the XII Legion. Though, I suppose none of that matters now." She said in an astute tone. She muttered something under her breath. She looked at the ragtag group gathered before her.

"Welcome, though. I'll let you get acquainted with everything. Feel free to ask me any questions." She said, leaning against the door.

"In any case, just rest up for now. We've been monitoring you for some time, and we understand that you've been through a lot, so just take a moment to catch your breath for now, and then we shall summon you for our next course of plan," Ocelot said.

Sigh.

Hopefully from here, things would start looking up, right?

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Lady Bow (Paper Mario)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Gwazi Magnum as Derrial "Shepherd" Book (Firefly)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)

Casualties
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer - Dead, gunshot to the head
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco "Pistols" Scaramanga - Dead, died two times over by the hand of a man of God
@Lissamel as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - Dead, left behind
@ScreamingWillows as Odette Stiller - Dead, left behind
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye - Dead, explosion and plague flies
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant - Dead, crushed
@Mighty Roman as Lando Calrissian - Dead, crushed
Evie entered the supposedly safe place without uttering a single word. Her insides were still killing her, having been stung and bitten countless times, but that wasn't what was on her mind. Keeping her hood over her head, she sat down against a nearby wall, staring down at her brother's bracer around her left arm, and her own around her right.

"How the old Master Assassins used to wear them..." she mumbled to herself, softly wincing in pain again. She then pulled up her knees and wrapped her arms around them, lowering her head, and thinking.

@york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Indolent @basically anyone

Chapter Three
"The Calm"

With the switches now open and the watches leading them back to where they once were, the groups would soon enough find themselves at the center of Apollo Square once again. The arrows pointed towards a rather grizzly scene.

latest

The gallows had still fresh bodies hanging from them indicating that they saw a lot of use. The radio would spark to life as both groups arrived. "You're almost there people. Look under the gallows to the left, you should find a piece of metal sticking out. Flip that."

Someone would oblige and go under the gallows and finding a very out of place piece of metal sticking out from the ground they'd proceed to flip it. The debris in front of the gallows would shake open leaving a secret passage that would lead them to their destination.

Once the last person stepped inside the door would close up behind them once again. "Okay, take the tunnel to the left until you get to a split and from there go right, forward, left and right."

Symmetra took the lead using her glove to light up area and followed Caira's instructions, the group in turn following closely. And then... Rumble rumble rumble.

Suddenly, a stroke of bad luck would befall the group, as intense vibrations could be sensed as they'd all be able to feel as though the structural integrity of the particular area they were in at the moment seemed to greatly weaken. Before anyone knew it, giant debris from the ceiling would fall down, hitting the ground with loud thuds, a small amount of water leaking from where the debris had once resided.

1DIbH8W.png

"Uh... I think it's time we move, guys!" Gwen exclaimed, and with that, your journey to wherever Caira was leading you to would become a lot more hectic all of a sudden as more and more heavy debris from the ceiling would fall onto the ground as you would all have to make a break for it.

Fortunately, the attack of the falling debris wouldn't last very long, but in the process, Sean Grant and Lando Calrissian would be crushed underneath the debris. Still, there was nothing you could do for them. The sudden abruptness of the debris falling and stopping made one wonder if this was actually a deliberate trap set by Handsome Jack, one of his many so-called "presents," but either way, maybe it didn't matter, as the damage was already done anyway.

With that, they would continue moving on. Soon enough they would find a heavy duty door in front of them. Symmetra would knock hard on the door until a slit opened up in it. "Finally!"

The voice they heard was a familiar one, even with out the static. As the door was opened they would stand face to face with Caira.

caira.png

"It's an honor finally meeting you all in person! Come in, come in! Reyna's going to be happy to finally meet you guys!"

After closing the door behind them she'd lead the group through a corridor into a larger area with a number of tables and crates with supplies around the sides of the room that resembled a makeshift mess hall.

icon-square.jpg

"The name's Reyna, I guess you could say I'm the commander of this place." Some among the group would recognize her voice from one of the audio logs they had found earlier. "You've gone through a lot of shit, so I suggest you get something to eat and drink." She motioned towards the corner with crates filled with an assortment of canned food as well as some very clean looking water.

"I'll call over the rest once you'd settled down, but all I'm going to say is. Welcome to the Resistance."

A3wL2OR.gif

"I'm almost impressed, but as Reyna said, doesn't look like you're all in very much of a hurry," Another unfamiliar voice, this time one belonging to a male, would speak out. From above, you would all be able to spot a blonde man standing atop a nearby catwalk, looking down at you with a stern expression. Lucifer, Ellis, and Clare would perhaps recognize him as a member of the organization that connected the three of them, and as for the others...

"The name's Major Revolver Ocelot, though just Ocelot will do. That's all you need to know for now," he gruffly introduced himself, briefly directing his attention over to Reyna, "So they're our best bet at getting out of here? Hmph. I suppose we could do worse, at least."

lyxqOsw.gif

"Make yourself at home. That is, before you help us help you get back to your actual homes."

Another young woman came out of a back room. She wore golden armor adorned with a purple sash. On her back was a golden spear. "I'm the other Reyna. Daughter of Bellona, and Praetor of the XII Legion. Though, I suppose none of that matters now." She said in an astute tone. She muttered something under her breath. She looked at the ragtag group gathered before her.

"Welcome, though. I'll let you get acquainted with everything. Feel free to ask me any questions." She said, leaning against the door.

"In any case, just rest up for now. We've been monitoring you for some time, and we understand that you've been through a lot, so just take a moment to catch your breath for now, and then we shall summon you for our next course of plan," Ocelot said.

Sigh.

~Cast List~

Casualties
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco "Pistols" Scaramanga - Dead, died two times over by the hand of a man of God

"... time to rest once more. Vanille, are you alright?"

Relieved to rest again, Nier turned his attention to Vanille. Surely that past situation not too long ago was truly tiring to both.

@A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters

Carol's gaze was pulled back to Ellis, finding herself put off by his words. She gave the boy a squint, examining his expression. "Nice is not the word I would use," she began, speaking low. It seemed, judging by his face, he wasn't entirely upset about what she said. He just wanted her to understand, which Carol could sympathize with to some degree. The thing was, he could say all this to her, but they were still the words of a boy half her age. She didn't doubt his personal experience, but did he really think his attitude of his would fly forever without consequence?

RygASka.png

"It's not that you're naive or dumb, Ellis. I didn't even say she was out of your league. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but it hardly matters right now. You need to have your priorities together." She paused for a moment, allowing herself a moment to think. She needed to frame this as if a stern mother talking to her son, so she made the effort to soften her expression. "I understand why you might want to keep your mind occupied, but you can't blind yourself to what is really going on. Honey, you can't have both while still expecting to survive. I'm, uh... I'm starting to see that."

Carol then deflated slightly, letting out a sigh. She moved to walk alongside Ellis while they trailed the group. "And please, don't tell me you're willing to risk your life to have a bit of fun. It's not gonna be good for those you leave behind, who all would rather you took this seriously than left us forever. I didn't mention this before, Ellis, but my Sophia..." Carol felt a pain in her chest, as if her heart was being tugged at and threatening to envelop her in grief. Why did she have to have heard Lizzie's voice one more time? "I come from a place where horror is everyday life. The dead walk the Earth, threatening the living every day. I lost my little girl, Ellis, so I know all too well how it feels. I need you try harder, for not just for your sake, but mine too."

When she was done speaking, Carol found the group stopping now, marveling at a grisly sight. It wasn't something Carol was surprised to see, but the sight of the banner reading Gene Traitor was certainly interesting. Did it have anything to do with the strange abilities of the Splicers? What about the potion that girl had picked up in the safe? Carol couldn't think on this for very long before the radio sprang to life and directed everyone to their next destination.

The rumbling came soon after, leading to a collapse that took the lives of more individuals of the group. There couldn't have been a more appropriate sight to emphasize what Carol had been talking to both Tywin and Ellis about. The weak would perish, leading Carol to hope the group could be stronger than that.

The group would find a reprieve by finally running into Caira and the Resistance. More people to be wary of, though Carol found her guard lowered by the obvious fact that this group was in dire need of their help. Caira had assisted them in getting this far, so even if they all planned to use them, perhaps the group were obligated to scratch the Resistance's back in turn. Not that it made feeling used not rub Carol the wrong way.

bKmM0g9.png

"... A break, really?" Carol wasn't sure what else to say. She'd keep her cover up for the time being, but she genuinely found herself at a bit of a loss when it came to having relax now. "I... we've been moving from danger to danger, it's just a bit hard to take it all in."

@Verite @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Minerva @Josh M @Krieg @C.T. @Ellya @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jeremi

I pressed on still in my desperate search for the other mask I was sure to be near, overlaying the phonograph from before. It was still a guess and it was all I had, having no inkling of the entity that comprised the daemon we faced now. I bemoaned the lack of knowledge yet I found myself resolute in the face of adversity, fully trusting myself in both my capability and the God-Emperor. Somehow, some reason, I found myself calm throughout the storm as it were, confident in that all would pass and be well at last. Little did I know my judgement was askew in the thick of it all; I thought, after the fact, that perhaps my faculties were led astray by whatever noxious mixture had been envenomated into my bloodstream.

An inquisitor in his line of work is not allowed a moment's reprieve to regret or be stricken with pangs of remorse or despair; it was another aspect to the Inquisitor's work and all was to be expected to taken in stride. Mark my words truly, we are still human, albeit hardened so and weary of the grim nature of reality's, and we find the time to afford ourselves that reprieve exactly whether it be amidst warp travels or vacationing periods.

But back to matters of importance at hand; I swiftly found the cloth mask there in its corner, sequestered away within atop a phonograph, the very same one used to regale our ears with the honky tonk nonsense from earlier. I reared back, the power-blade held aloft overhead in angled position fully ready to strike down the daemon. In essence anyhow. That was when the explosion occurred, the tank obviously going off by some mean, later which I discovered to be by the hands of one of the owl-motiffed man's explosive devices. The shockwave was powerful, the reverberation shrieking across the air as to scatter the infernal flies momentarily and cause me to bowl forth a couple pace's distance. The abrupt detonation played havoc on my senses, my ears ringing and my balance wibbling-wobbly now. I knew I had no luxury in way of time, the fact made apparent with the resumed flesh-gnawing of the bastard daemon-bugs. I recollected myself and reconstructed my posture from prior and struck downward, heavy handed with the sense of the Emperor's furor burning within my blade.

It would strike the cloth mask, cutting into and rendering it aflame; I slashed once and twice and thrice, destroying the innocuous phonograph as well in a fiery explosion of ruined metals and scorched woods as I roared over the rapturous cacophony of carnivorous maggot-flies.

"Begone infernal daemon of Chaos; I banish you to the Immaterium whence you came!"

@Ringmaster @Ellya @ArtemisFellows

"WHAT-IS-HA-pen-ING?!

There was a disorientation to the flies now, from a hive mind attack to a mindless swarm. Down below, the bugs stopped and dropped dead in droves as they twitched and were squashed underfoot, like a rain of filth. Though it did nothing for the various wounded by those who had thought to fire guns at them. Upstairs, Jack roared.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! RARGH! URGH-EVIE FRYE!!!!"

The shadow of Jack the Ripper loomed large as he struggled to retain his form.

"YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE ME! I'LL FIND YOU! I AM NOW ETERNAL AND IF IT TAKES ME TILL PERDITION TO RID ALL OF YOU FRYE'S FROM EXISTENCE, I WILL SELL MY SOUL A THOUSAND TIMES AGAIN!"

It was a blood-curdling scream, borne of hatred as Jack's old mask burned and Jack himself, was once more removed from the world as his bugs died and dissipated into a mass of dead flies. He was gone.

But he'll be back.

tumblr_o1se39QZua1rxspeco1_500.gif

The switch would be found in the Dark Room on the third floor, where all the bodies were laid out and used as maggot fodder. Food for the flies, though all the maggots were dead too. Also located was another audio recording, which when played would produce the following.

images

Static at first echoes loudly, before the rasp of heavy breathing follows. The voice is that of a young woman, laden with pain and terror to the point of exhaustion. What nightmares she must have seen since coming is unclear, but they have exacted a heavy toll.

"My watch has broken and there is no day or night I can measure. How long I've been down here, I'm not sure. Even if no one will ever hear this, I will record this so as to keep what sanity I have. I must not succumb. I must not let my mind fade.

My name is Sabrina Spellman. I was born a witch, my coven is the Multiverse Emergency Unit. In my bones, I can sense it. The corruption of the city they call Rapture. Its a corpse, full of pus and maggots and my magic is reacting to it. And like a corpse, it attracts... Scavengers."

An empty sob echoes and she continues.

"I can't sleep. I dare not sleep. All I can do is run, when the drums begin. Oh god!"

The recording ends there.

In terms of loot, the party would find a strange artifact. Apparently, it was something Jack was guarding.

latest

Scott paused, as he considered his options. He could follow the Big Daddy who had become Mystique out the door, or perhaps he could. He couldn't leave the twins behind, not when he owed them for not killing him yet.

He raced upstairs and paused when he saw it. Jacob or rather from the dying scent, Jacob's corpse. It wasn't the first time he had dealt with loss. " Evie, are you okay?" He asked, concerned as he saw the switch and didn't go to flip it. There was an audio log and somethign else, an unnerving artifact. Artifacts never turned out well either.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @Ringmaster @Nater Taters @Indolent @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites
Mystique was glad for the opportunity to shift back to her normal, blue-skinned appearance. The Little Sister had been forgotten in the confusion, and did not seem to react to the false Big Daddy anyway.

Mystique1.png

The group had sustained one casualty - Jacob Frye. Though the man had seemed impulsive, it was not his carelessness that had been his undoing, but an accident during the confrontation that had triggered an explosion. Mystique looked at his corpse grimly, but said nothing. Jacob had his faults, but he might have been a valuable ally against what was to come. As it was, they would have to do without his services.

Before long, it was time to move on.
Chapter Three
"The Calm"

latest

1DIbH8W.png

caira.png

icon-square.jpg

A3wL2OR.gif

lyxqOsw.gif

Sigh.

~Cast List~

Casualties
Mystique was pleased for the breather they were now allowed. She chose to spoke with their hosts. "So, two Reynas?" she mused. "How should we address the two of you, so that we know which one we are talking to?"

"So, are you the ones who brought us to the city in the first place? It would make a certain amount of sense."

"Regretably, a few of us have been lost. And there have been a few who have not been team players, and further endangered us. We must be careful of the wild cards among us."

She observed their hosts carefully. Something told Mystique that these people, too, were not residents of Rapture. "So, how did you end up in this city yourselves?" she asked.

Chapter Three
"The Calm"

latest

1DIbH8W.png

caira.png

icon-square.jpg

A3wL2OR.gif

lyxqOsw.gif

Sigh.

~Cast List~

Casualties

dpeyrHi.webp

"Our group looks smaller than before. I guess it's inevitable in a place like this..." Mirei sighs. "I doubt we can lose hope right now. Anyways, let's take a break. We've made a lot of decisions today, both good and bad."

Mirei was wary about the new people rolling in.​

What an exhausting ordeal so far. So much more of their members dead, especially after seeing the haunted faces of those who came from the suites. Lucifer frowned and then immediately headed for Major Ocelot, pausing briefly before asking him flat out.

"Agent Lucifer. Reserve member, M.E.U. Does this ring any bells sir?"

If he was the one he knew, then perhaps he'd have a greater idea of what was going on.

@Verite @Takumi @Josh M

nONr4Kt.jpg

"Father Lucifer? You know these guys?"

Looks like these people, at least the 'Ocelot' guy could be trusted. Maybe. Maybe not.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Takumi @Ringmaster @Verite @EVERYONEREALLY​

"... time to rest once more. Vanille, are you alright?"

Relieved to rest again, Nier turned his attention to Vanille. Surely that past situation not too long ago was truly tiring to both.

They'd managed to escape from that place safely. With some... unfortunate losses. Vanille felt sad knowing this, but she still tried to keep a smile on her face.

They were really lucky to be able to have another resting area. It was best that she take advantage of this moment.

"Oh, I'm alright. Thank you for asking, Nier," she replied.

tumblr_inline_o9g4wfaEM61sp0qi5_500.gif

"...What about you? Are you alright?"

tumblr_inline_o9g5cuqlL11sp0qi5_500.png

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @amobilepost​

They'd managed to escape from that place safely. With some... unfortunate losses. Vanille felt sad knowing this, but she still tried to keep a smile on her face.

They were really lucky to be able to have another resting area. It was best that she take advantage of this moment.

"Oh, I'm alright. Thank you for asking, Nier," she replied.

tumblr_inline_o9g4wfaEM61sp0qi5_500.gif

"...What about you? Are you alright?"

tumblr_inline_o9g5cuqlL11sp0qi5_500.png

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @amobilepost​
tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo3_100.png

"I'm... I'm fine. I can assure you that. Thank you for the thought..."

Truth be told, Nier didn't put much care in his own being, wanting to ensure people were fine before himself. Of course, he wouldn't say this to the others, he didn't want to worry them

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
"Maybe. It all depends if he's the same one I'm familiar with."

He replied to the little pop idol.

@Crow @Verite @Takumi @Josh M

Clare made her way next to Lucifer and Ocelot then. Quiet for the most part.

She placed a hand on Mirei's head gently.

"Hm. I may know him as well...like Lucifer said, if he is the one we're familiar with of course." she spoke up.

"I am unsure if I would be relieved if he is the one we're fmailiar with or not." she added under her breath.

@Verite @Ringmaster @Crow @Josh M

What an exhausting ordeal so far. So much more of their members dead, especially after seeing the haunted faces of those who came from the suites. Lucifer frowned and then immediately headed for Major Ocelot, pausing briefly before asking him flat out.

"Agent Lucifer. Reserve member, M.E.U. Does this ring any bells sir?"

If he was the one he knew, then perhaps he'd have a greater idea of what was going on.

@Verite @Takumi @Josh M
Mystique was pleased for the breather they were now allowed. She chose to spoke with their hosts. "So, two Reynas?" she mused. "How should we address the two of you, so that we know which one we are talking to?"

"So, are you the ones who brought us to the city in the first place? It would make a certain amount of sense."

"Regretably, a few of us have been lost. And there have been a few who have not been team players, and further endangered us. We must be careful of the wild cards among us."

She observed their hosts carefully. Something told Mystique that these people, too, were not residents of Rapture. "So, how did you end up in this city yourselves?" she asked.
MoNja2W.png

Ocelot looked at Lucifer when the Executor would approach him, examining him as though the man was asking himself if Lucifer did indeed ring any bells. After a brief moment, the skilled gunslinger spoke.

"Mmm... Yes, I recognize you now, Mr. Anghelscu. And you as well, Agent... Clare, was it?" he nodded, gesturing towards Lucifer and Clare, "I don't recall if we've personally met, Agent Lucifer, but... I think we might have bumped into each other once during my trip to the Torch. And of course, I've heard about your track record. Not too bad," Ocelot said with a nod to the man, before leaning to the side, eyeing Ellis.

"... Did you... come with him?" He asked, almost as though he seemed to also recognize Ellis.

When Mystique would come up to him with questions, Ocelot would take the liberty of answering as best as he could.

"I call the more masculine looking one Boss since she was the one to take initiative and unite us through the Resistance. Alternatively, I sometimes also call her Boss Lady, Boss Man, the like, but... You're free to do what you want," Ocelot said, crossing his arms, before moving onto the mutant's next question, letting out a low sigh.

"I don't believe we brought you here, unless Boss is keeping a secret. My guess is that you're in the same predicament with us where Handsome Jack had something to do with it," the man responded to the inquiry concerning how they had all got there, and for that matter, how they ended up here as well.

@Josh M @Ringmaster @Chris Lang @Takumi

@A Tiny Fool
@Gummi Bunnies
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Niko was lucky to had survived the ordeal with the flies. He wondered into the Resistance compound. Well, at least they were safe, for now at least. He walked over to Nier and Vanille.

"I'm fine as well, thanks for asking if I was alright kids." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"So...what do you think happens next." He asked his allies.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ocelot looked at Lucifer when the Executor would approach him, examining him as though the man was asking himself if Lucifer did indeed ring any bells. After a brief moment, the skilled gunslinger spoke.

"Mmm... Yes, I recognize you now, Mr. Anghelscu. And you as well, Agent... Clare, was it?" he nodded, gesturing towards Lucifer and Clare, "I don't recall if we've personally met, Agent Lucifer, but... I think we might have bumped into each other once during my trip to the Torch. And of course, I've heard about your track record. Not too bad," Ocelot said with a nod to the man, before leaning to the side, eyeing Ellis.

"... Did you... come with him?" He asked, almost as though he seemed to also recognize Ellis.

When Mystique would come up to him with questions, Ocelot would take the liberty of answering as best as he could.

"I call the more masculine looking one Boss since she was the one to take initiative and unite us through the Resistance. Alternatively, I sometimes also call her Boss Lady, Boss Man, the like, but... You're free to do what you want," Ocelot said, crossing his arms, before moving onto the mutant's next question, letting out a low sigh.

"I don't believe we brought you here, unless Boss is keeping a secret. My guess is that you're in the same predicament with us where Handsome Jack had something to do with it," the man responded to the inquiry concerning how they had all got there, and for that matter, how they ended up here as well.
Finally.

A breakthrough. Lucifer inclined his head in a respectful nod in response to his track record before he spoke.

"I and Clare were on our deep-cover mission, tracking illegal Umbrella bioweapons trafficking. We had just finished a routine sweep when....This light brought us all in. Last I saw of you I could recall, was at the Torch alongside the Commander. Do we have any communications with the Torch?"

@Verite @Takumi @Josh M @Crow @Chris Lang

"WHAT-IS-HA-pen-ING?!

There was a disorientation to the flies now, from a hive mind attack to a mindless swarm. Down below, the bugs stopped and dropped dead in droves as they twitched and were squashed underfoot, like a rain of filth. Though it did nothing for the various wounded by those who had thought to fire guns at them. Upstairs, Jack roared.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! RARGH! URGH-EVIE FRYE!!!!"

The shadow of Jack the Ripper loomed large as he struggled to retain his form.

"YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE ME! I'LL FIND YOU! I AM NOW ETERNAL AND IF IT TAKES ME TILL PERDITION TO RID ALL OF YOU FRYE'S FROM EXISTENCE, I WILL SELL MY SOUL A THOUSAND TIMES AGAIN!"

It was a blood-curdling scream, borne of hatred as Jack's old mask burned and Jack himself, was once more removed from the world as his bugs died and dissipated into a mass of dead flies. He was gone.

But he'll be back.

tumblr_o1se39QZua1rxspeco1_500.gif

The switch would be found in the Dark Room on the third floor, where all the bodies were laid out and used as maggot fodder. Food for the flies, though all the maggots were dead too. Also located was another audio recording, which when played would produce the following.

images

Static at first echoes loudly, before the rasp of heavy breathing follows. The voice is that of a young woman, laden with pain and terror to the point of exhaustion. What nightmares she must have seen since coming is unclear, but they have exacted a heavy toll.

"My watch has broken and there is no day or night I can measure. How long I've been down here, I'm not sure. Even if no one will ever hear this, I will record this so as to keep what sanity I have. I must not succumb. I must not let my mind fade.

My name is Sabrina Spellman. I was born a witch, my coven is the Multiverse Emergency Unit. In my bones, I can sense it. The corruption of the city they call Rapture. Its a corpse, full of pus and maggots and my magic is reacting to it. And like a corpse, it attracts... Scavengers."

An empty sob echoes and she continues.

"I can't sleep. I dare not sleep. All I can do is run, when the drums begin. Oh god!"

The recording ends there.

In terms of loot, the party would find a strange artifact. Apparently, it was something Jack was guarding.

latest

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites

Wendy was quite lost, and just stood there silently as she watched. She stayed close to the group, following along and only piping up when she could contribute. Otherwise, she didn't do much else. She was lost in thought about what would happen to them, when could she go home to Carla, Natsu, and the rest of Fairy Tail. Suddenly a loud rumbling sound could be heard. She blushed, holding her stomach. Hungry.....

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites

MoNja2W.png

Clare would look to Ocelot and give a nod.

"You are correct on who I am, sir." she answered.

Finally.

A breakthrough. Lucifer inclined his head in a respectful nod in response to his track record before he spoke.

"I and Clare were on our deep-cover mission, tracking illegal Umbrella bioweapons trafficking. We had just finished a routine sweep when....This light brought us all in. Last I saw of you I could recall, was at the Torch alongside the Commander. Do we have any communications with the Torch?"

@Verite @Takumi @Josh M @Crow @Chris Lang

At this, Clare would nod as if to confirm his statements true.

@Verite @Ringmaster @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @Crow @Chris Lang

tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo3_100.png

"I'm... I'm fine. I can assure you that. Thank you for the thought..."

Truth be told, Nier didn't put much care in his own being, wanting to ensure people were fine before himself. Of course, he wouldn't say this to the others, he didn't want to worry them

@A Tiny Fool
@Gummi Bunnies
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Niko was lucky to had survived the ordeal with the flies. He wondered into the Resistance compound. Well, at least they were safe, for now at least. He walked over to Nier and Vanille.

"I'm fine as well, thanks for asking if I was alright kids." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"So...what do you think happens next." He asked his allies.
Wendy was quite lost, and just stood there silently as she watched. She stayed close to the group, following along and only piping up when she could contribute. Otherwise, she didn't do much else. She was lost in thought about what would happen to them, when could she go home to Carla, Natsu, and the rest of Fairy Tail. Suddenly a loud rumbling sound could be heard. She blushed, holding her stomach. Hungry.....

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites
"Oh! Sorry about that Niko," she spoke with a giggle.

"I'm happy to hear that you're alright."

"As for what happens next... I don't know, actually."

She then noticed Wendy standing silently, looking lost as she held on to her stomach.

"Hey!!"

tumblr_inline_o9g50uiy2V1sp0qi5_500.gif

"You okay?" Vanille called out to the girl.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ryu Keiko

"Oh! Sorry about that Niko," she spoke with a giggle.

"I'm happy to hear that you're alright."

"As for what happens next... I don't know, actually."

She then noticed Wendy standing silently, looking lost as she held on to her stomach.

"Hey!!"

tumblr_inline_o9g50uiy2V1sp0qi5_500.gif

"You okay?" Vanille called out to the girl.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ryu Keiko
Wendy 'eep'd' and blushed when Vanille called out to her. "Y-Yeah I'm okay!" She called out, blushing more. "I'm just not sure what to say or do... So I'm staying out of the way is all..." She said, running her fingers through her hair.

• Bucket of Rainbows
MoNja2W.png

"I think it is clear that Handsome Jack is NOT the one who brought us here." Mystique replied. "His messages through the radio and the statements made by his minions indicate that he doesn't want us here and wishes to kill us. He and his minions seem to regard us as intruders. So it makes no sense that he would be the one to bring us here."

Wendy 'eep'd' and blushed when Vanille called out to her. "Y-Yeah I'm okay!" She called out, blushing more. "I'm just not sure what to say or do... So I'm staying out of the way is all..." She said, running her fingers through her hair.

"Staying of the way is good." Mystique said. "However, it's important to be aware of what is going on around you at all times. Especially in a city as dangerous as this one has turned out to be."

@Ryu Keiko @Verite @Others

Scott was silent on his way back and noticed that two more people died.Two more to the body count, to be honest, he didn't know one of them and the other was the one who had cut off the splicers head, not his favorite person in the room. They seemed to be at another place where they could eat, but he didn't feel right. He felt wrong being happy or calm when they had lost so many people.

giphy.gif

Well, maybe he should try to talk to someone he hadn't talked to in the group. Last time he had gone to Carol, but he didn't want to ask her advice, he needed to make his own decisions. He decided to talk to Evie, he needed to make sure that she was okay. " Evie, you never did answer me. Are you okay? I know that it must be horrible that your brother died, but-," he paused, he couldn't find the right words. " I understand what it means to lose someone close to you," he said, leaving it vague for now. Maybe she would ask him.

@Ellya

"I think it is clear that Handsome Jack is NOT the one who brought us here." Mystique replied. "His messages through the radio and the statements made by his minions indicate that he doesn't want us here and wishes to kill us. He and his minions seem to regard us as intruders. So it makes no sense that he would be the one to bring us here."

"Staying of the way is good." Mystique said. "However, it's important to be aware of what is going on around you at all times. Especially in a city as dangerous as this one has turned out to be."

@Ryu Keiko @Verite @Others
Wendy nodded, shaking her head to "Get out of the funk she was in". "Right!" She exclaimed, putting a brave face on. "I'll do my best, and make sure I'll keep an eye out for anything!" She said happily.

She was too adorable to take seriously though....

Ellis just listened to Carol, not really saying anything. It wasn't a good time to open his mouth, Ellis knew that. As they walked, they made contac with he Resistance, and Ellis would recognizes one of the members, Ocelot. Not that Ocelot recognized him.

"We've met before, sir. You met with my boss Cosmo, remember? I spilled some coffee on ya. Sorry 'bout that again. Anyway, I still remember the way you like it, black."

@Josh M @Ringmaster @Chris Lang @Takumi @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.