• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
jesse.jpg

"What in Sam's Hell tore a warpath through this place..."

Whatever Jesse had expected to find in this shithole, it definitely hadn't been something like this. It looked like whatever the cult had been up to had bit them right in their collective asses, and it seemed the cause for it had come from that container. "You think... They brought in whatever done this by choice?" That was the best idea that the preacher could come up with, but why they would do something like that was beyond him.

However, as the roar echoed through the building, Jesse's hand tightened around the grip of his shotgun, "Looks like whatever was in that box is still hangin' around..."

@Jeremi

"If they did, it certainly ended up biting them in the ass..." A cultist would be thrown right at the feet of the two. If they looked up they would see the source of said throw.

the-butcher-diablo-iii-16139.jpg

"Fresh meat."

The hulking demon held a scythe like weapon in its right hand and a giant axe in its left. With a leap it would now be on the same floor as Jesse and Bridgette and was looking quite eager to butcher them.​

@The Tactician

"His letters?" Jacob suggests, continuing to swat at the flies as best he could, before tossing the gun back to Gregori, now fully loaded
"You know how to use it, I had ammo. I'm sure you can forgive the intrusion!" he shouts, before turning around and continuing to root through the cabinet​

No, I really could not forgive a man displaying fully willful and disorderly conduct, especially with the end result of the first attempt having made my stance clear. Pickpocketed once, I could conceivably forgive that. Twice and it becomes harder, moreso with the verbal lashing I had received after the fact. More so with the tossed gun thrown to me in the midst of my slashing the gas-mask, throwing my guard off as I caught the heavy pistol awkwardly with my free hand. I pocketed the pistol as a growl escaped my lips, staring the juvenile man for a moment before turning my eyes to the prize. With the added strength and fervor from that minor annoyance's momentary anger and with the vested authority of the Inquisition, I plunged my scorching blade downward into the gas-mask in repetitive strokes.

Had the daemon been dispelled yet, had it worked?!--

"All things must wither and die. Let root rot and bower blight, to feed the pestilence of abandoned hope!"

It was chaos up on the second floor. Despite their best efforts, the flies managed to infiltrate beneath the clothing and attacked the exposed sections mercilessly. Blood oozed and bites swelled upon the faces of the Twins and the Inquisitor. No outward effect just yet. But even this was bad enough as Jack's mad laughter echoed in the room. The tank would roll for the center, Jack unheeding as his top-hatted visage filled the room like a black angel. The mask would be sliced apart.

With no outward effect.

It was not the anchor keeping what was once Jack the Ripper here.

And then out of the swarm, three blades flashed as they flew through the cover for Jacob, Evie and Gregor using the insects as cover.

A sight Owlman saw, having demolished enough of the blockade to see what was going on inside.

Meanwhile....​

I received my reply in short order as I turned to face the buzzing horde of the carrion flies massed in the room's center, my back to the fallen guardsman. The response was further emphasized by the biting and stinging of the infernal insects crawling within my clothing, I had to exercise a good majority of my will to stave off the primal urge of shivering and shaking as to rid myself of the creatures. It simply would not have been conducive or worth the effort. I cursed myself aloud, realizing what this meant. Realizing perhaps I had mistaken the gas-mask to be the Ripper's. Remembering that I was not alone I threw myself in a frenzy, looking as to the whereabouts of the others before. On instinct, I swerved an one-hundred with the glowing blade of mine held diagonally for the oncoming blade-- I'd heard its rippling through the air despite the din of the flies' synchronous wingbeats. I'd deflect or cleave the blade away; my power-sword had been blessed by the Provost of Inex, it would prove to be a powerful tool against the hell-spawn of Chaos. I'd attempted my search were it not for the reverberating howls of gunfire, prompting me to reduce my stature, where I knelt low to the ground as I furrowed my brows-- that damned robot from earlier was firing his weapon wantonly into the way? Had it not realized it would be ineffective against the storm of nurgle flies? It was tantamount to pissing in the wind! I uttered a growl and moved, slowly, for a slightly better vantage.

I looked once more and ascertained their position; Jacob scoured still the cabinets and Evie tugged the tank to the room's center yet. I shook my head and cried, "Keep searching, it's bound to be around here! Search the clinic still!" I made for elsewhere, racking my mind of details I briefly saw. Hadn't there been a phonograph? With another mask overlaying it? I swiftly made my way for it. At this point, I truly was desperate.

And I'd repeat my prior action in a hasty maneuver, as I felt the pox-afflicted bugs attempt to infect me so.

@Ringmaster @Ellya @DapperDogman

McCree tilted his head to the side in what seemed to be momentary confusion, but, in reality, he was aiming. This was his preferred method of fighting: the quick draw. He'd hit similarly evasive targets with ease in the past. This time, it was just to get rid of a pest. "Always was more of a dog person." He didn't even have his hand near his gun, at this point. With a chuckle, he spoke up in a friendly tone. "I ain't gonna hurt you. You ain't done me harm yet, so I'll return the favor." The cowboy rolled his shoulders back with a relaxed sigh. "I've just got one question... Any idea what time it is? Ah, well..."

View attachment 112915

"
I guess it's high noon somewhere in the world."

Almost faster than the eye could follow, McCree drew the Peacekeeper and, with his superhuman accuracy, he tried to place three shots into the damn thing.

@Verite @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @Takumi @OrlandoBloomers @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @Josh M

oXY7KPL.png

"Mr McCree! You've arrived at the right moment! I think everything is about fixed right now and we should be able to move to the next room soon. Don't need to worry about-"​

FWEqE5t.jpg

"- the cat... "

What the everliving fuck.

"Yup, nevermind, worry about the cat. A lot. I'm not even sure Producer would want that cat. Pet maintenance would be ridiculous."​

"The magic ends at midnight!"

Mirei strums her instrument, boosting the power and velocity of McCree's shots. This was going to hurt...

Interactions:

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @T.O.M. @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Josh M @HestiaChambers

GM tags:

@Verite
Woah indeed. Ty Lee looked at her hands, rather shocked (pun not intended) at her new powers. This was something new, something so unique...not many people could bend lightning back home-it was so rare, so hard to master, Ty Lee could only think of three people who could do it-and they were all Fire Nation royalty. To be one of the few to use lightning, even if not really bending...that was really, really cool. But also really scary. She knew how potent electricity could be-it had almost killed Aang, Zuko...

But she was gonna be careful, if this was a permanent thing. And, hey! Maybe it wouldn't be. But she would use electricity for good!

And right now, good seemed to be taking out that weird...thing flying around. Ty Lee shot a bolt at the Neko-Arc, hoping to hit that weird little beast-but not Samael. That wouldn't be very good at all.

@Verite @OrlandoBloomers @Bomb @BarrenThin @Crow @Kaykay
"GGNNYYAAAAAAHHHH!!"

While McCree's shots, boosted by Mirei's music, would be unable to penetrate the Neko-Arc's skin, the shots bouncing off as though the creature's skin were made of tough metal or so, the mere impact of them would at least be enough to make it spiral out of control, before it would land into the ground, slamming down with Samael in tow.

When Ty Lee would shoot a bolt at the now damaged Neko-Arc, its entire body would surge with the power, shocking Samael as well if she were still holding on.

Neco03.png

"GNYAAAAAAH! THIS CAN'T BE! HOW COULD I BE DEFEATED SO EASILY-NYAAAA?!"

Koff koff.

Suddenly, it would begin convulsing about and coughing violently, until it would spit out... a hairball!

... Ew.

Still, upon closer examination, that is, if you even wanted to examine the hairball, you would find that there was something underneath that flashed red every now and then, as though it were... a recording machine?

Oh, and yeah. The Neko-Arc was out. Done like dinner.

RIP.

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Sen @OrlandoBloomers @BarrenThin @Takumi @Ringmaster

"If they did, it certainly ended up biting them in the ass..." A cultist would be thrown right at the feet of the two. If they looked up they would see the source of said throw.

the-butcher-diablo-iii-16139.jpg

"Fresh meat."

The hulking demon held a scythe like weapon in its right hand and a giant axe in its left. With a leap it would now be on the same floor as Jesse and Bridgette and was looking quite eager to butcher them.​

@The Tactician
maxresdefault.jpg

"You're one ugly sonuvabitch," Jesse muttered as the floor quaked with the force of the beast's weight dropping on top of it. However, as the beast revealed its ability to speak, the preacher smirked as he leveled his gun to fire off a shot quickly before touching upon the Word once again, "And sorry, but you're the only fresh meat here..."

"So open your heart with your blade!"

Whether or not the cultists had been righteous folk or sinners like the rest, it didn't matter as this beast had killed them all. This beast clearly hungered for the flesh of man, not the sin but the literal flesh that hung upon their bones. With that in mind, Jesse felt no pity for it as the Word attempted to work on its spiritual being, to pull it down to do his whim and end this fight before this began.

That didn't mean that the preacher wouldn't start going ahead and running to get to a safe spot in case it didn't work though. He was going to chance getting hit by that scythe of his.

"GGNNYYAAAAAAHHHH!!"

While McCree's shots, boosted by Mirei's music, would be unable to penetrate the Neko-Arc's skin, the shots bouncing off as though the creature's skin were made of tough metal or so, the mere impact of them would at least be enough to make it spiral out of control, before it would land into the ground, slamming down with Samael in tow.

When Ty Lee would shoot a bolt at the now damaged Neko-Arc, its entire body would surge with the power, shocking Samael as well if she were still holding on.

Neco03.png

Koff koff.

Suddenly, it would begin convulsing about and coughing violently, until it would spit out... a hairball!

... Ew.

Still, upon closer examination, that is, if you even wanted to examine the hairball, you would find that there was something underneath that flashed red every now and then, as though it were... a recording machine?

RIP.
"......What."

Regardless, he flicked a black key in hand and moved away the hair, to examine the recording device with some degree of speculation. Afterwards making sure it was reasonably clean, he then picked it up and activated it to see if it still worked.

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Sen @OrlandoBloomers @BarrenThin @Takumi @Verite

Reactions: Takumi
"......What."

Regardless, he flicked a black key in hand and moved away the hair, to examine the recording device with some degree of speculation. Afterwards making sure it was reasonably clean, he then picked it up and activated it to see if it still worked.

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Sen @OrlandoBloomers @BarrenThin @Takumi @Verite
Aha. It would appear that the device was another audio log.​
Tutorial: How make an Audio log

Click.

jX44aGf.png

(Loud undecipherable noises can be heard. Someone is shuffling in the background.)

Um, hi guys, this is Alanturorial! I-- Um, today ... I want to do tutorial on how to watch-- make an audio log. First, you, push to record thing-- Uhh, button, than uh, you speak into the recorder thing. The thing. Then, uh-- you enun... enun... ciate. Enunciate, y-yeah.

... Like this.

I can't see anything.

(Foot steps can be heard.)

Um, there you go! Like and, um, subscribe, um, I don't know how right now. Suh... Like and love my, uh... my audio log in rapture. Maybe that'll be my n-next log, uhh...

Okay, thanks guys!

Click.
Huh. Alright. Wasn't that something.

Aside from that, it seemed that with that, everything was officially done on your end in the Hestia Chambers. Go team.

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Hestia Chambers

"All things must wither and die. Let root rot and bower blight, to feed the pestilence of abandoned hope!"

It was chaos up on the second floor. Despite their best efforts, the flies managed to infiltrate beneath the clothing and attacked the exposed sections mercilessly. Blood oozed and bites swelled upon the faces of the Twins and the Inquisitor. No outward effect just yet. But even this was bad enough as Jack's mad laughter echoed in the room. The tank would roll for the center, Jack unheeding as his top-hatted visage filled the room like a black angel. The mask would be sliced apart.

With no outward effect.

And then out of the swarm, three blades flashed as they flew through the cover for Jacob, Evie and Gregor using the insects as cover.

A sight Owlman saw, having demolished enough of the blockade to see what was going on inside.

Meanwhile....

-----------------

Down below, the buzzing of flies grew louder and louder. All coming from the first apartment.

And the little sister cringed beneath the bed, as a rising cloud of bugs in the shape of a man appeared behind the party.

And moved to engulf and sting them too.

liN61Iu.jpg

"Leave it to the pests of the animal kingdom to ruin a Kodak moment! Ahhhhhhhhh!" Gwen flailed wildly in an attempt to swat aside any bugs getting all up in her personal space while simultaneously trying to flee with a mad dash while also screaming her head off. Yay for multi-tasking.

Trying to shoot bugs would be an exercise in futility since her aim wasn't that good and they were swarming in large numbers and she had to conserve her ammo. And trying to slice bugs with a katana would be even more embarrassing as far as she was concerned.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites
As he was just entering and made it to the first floor, he saw before him a sight that would have made him vomit if he had the physical capabilities to. There before him were fles in a mass that dared to take the form of a human. Not even taking time to ask a question, Marquis raised the rifle part of his cane and yelled, "I would say not today Satan, but that would imply you dare have the mental capabilities to actually do something of power!"

With that, he gave several shot at the flies in a group that were forming into a man, not caring if the bullets went through it and hit anyone else.4

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T.@Ryu Keiko @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites
And so it appeared that the form of the Big Daddy made no apparent difference in the Little Sister's behavior. Not that there was even time to actually be certain of this, for the flies appeared and began attacking everyone.

Mystique was not even sure the simulated giant diving suit that was at least part of the Big Daddy form would be of any protection from the insects. Though for a moment there did not seem any point to shifting back to normal.

And then Marquis showed up and began firing at the flies that were forming into a man, caring nothing at all about anyone else's safety. Mystique would have scowled if the Big Daddy's form were capable of it. The last thing this situation needed was a wild card like Marquis making things even more dangerous for everyone than they already were.

It was indeed fortunate that the Big Daddy could move faster than one would think a bulky figure was capable of. He moved out of the way of the bullets, and swatted at as many flies as he could. The two attacks -- one from the flies, and the other from the Marquis -- made it impossible to concentrate enough to shapeshift, so the pseudo-Big Daddy had to react and fight back in this form as best he could.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites

"GGNNYYAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Neco03.png

Koff koff.

... Ew.

RIP.

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Sen @OrlandoBloomers @BarrenThin @Takumi @Ringmaster
"......What."

oXY7KPL.png

"This wraps things up, huh, Ty Lee, Mr McCree?"

Mirei gives a thumbs up to McCree and Ty Lee, before turning back to the situation.

While Lucifer would tend to the odd device that Neko-ARC spewed from its innards, Mirei tends to a fried Samael. This snake wasn't getting into any boots, but she sure did get booted. Hard.

dpeyrHi.png

"Samael? Are you alright? C- can you stand?" Mirei hangs her shoulder over Samael's body, helping the serpent in humanoid form off the ground. For Samael to survive such a thing, she sure was one hell of a solid snake!

"Wadanohara, I might need your assistance here!"

Tutorial: How make an Audio log

Click.

jX44aGf.png

(Loud undecipherable noises can be heard. Someone is shuffling in the background.)

Um, hi guys, this is Alanturorial! I-- Um, today ... I want to do tutorial on how to watch-- make an audio log. First, you, push to record thing-- Uhh, button, than uh, you speak into the recorder thing. The thing. Then, uh-- you enun... enun... ciate. Enunciate, y-yeah.

... Like this.

I can't see anything.

(Foot steps can be heard.)

Um, there you go! Like and, um, subscribe, um, I don't know how right now. Suh... Like and love my, uh... my audio log in rapture. Maybe that'll be my n-next log, uhh...

Okay, thanks guys!

Click.

Aside from that, it seemed that with that, everything was officially done on your end in the Hestia Chambers. Go team.

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Hestia Chambers

Wq0Aekx.jpg

"So... that's it? I can't say it was worth the trouble, but it was worth the trouble. What's next?"

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Crow @Verite @HestiaChambers​

tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... what is going on up there?"

Nier questioned this, but he got a feeling that something was truly going on that wasn't any good. Even then, he didn't want to leave the Little Sister or even bring her towards the apparent danger.

@york @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​

With no outward effect.

Meanwhile....

-----------------

Down below, the buzzing of flies grew louder and louder. All coming from the first apartment.

And the little sister cringed beneath the bed, as a rising cloud of bugs in the shape of a man appeared behind the party.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​
Owlman
@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites

Having a much better view of what was going on inside... Owlman identified the immediate source of all the commotion; some sort of abomination wearing what barely qualified as a scare-crow style mask was assaulting those gathered upstairs with bugs, but he couldn't make out what else was going on... So he had to take a shot in the dark. Seeing as his explosive projectiles may have trouble penetrating the swarm of insects, he tried another tactic instead... Reaching into his toolbelt, he produced another Owlrang (the explosive kind) and quickly flung it towards the shouting abomination in the room.

24jPiC3.gif

The device made a mechanical whirring sound as it arced through the air (and the various insects), attempting to make its way to Owlman's intended target.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

"You're one ugly sonuvabitch," Jesse muttered as the floor quaked with the force of the beast's weight dropping on top of it. However, as the beast revealed its ability to speak, the preacher smirked as he leveled his gun to fire off a shot quickly before touching upon the Word once again, "And sorry, but you're the only fresh meat here..."

"So open your heart with your blade!"

Whether or not the cultists had been righteous folk or sinners like the rest, it didn't matter as this beast had killed them all. This beast clearly hungered for the flesh of man, not the sin but the literal flesh that hung upon their bones. With that in mind, Jesse felt no pity for it as the Word attempted to work on its spiritual being, to pull it down to do his whim and end this fight before this began.

That didn't mean that the preacher wouldn't start going ahead and running to get to a safe spot in case it didn't work though. He was going to chance getting hit by that scythe of his.

The demon would stop dead in its tracks at the sound of Jesse's words. A look of surprise and a terrible grin came up on its face as it carved flesh piece by flesh piece a path to its heart. And then pushing inside with its hand the Butcher would give a squeeze and-!

Discomfort and blood from its wound, but it was still standing. A demon created from a patchwork of numerous demons has organs to spare.

Now its eyes glared squarely at Jesse. A demon that only knew how to butcher it might have been, but it knew when it was being controlled.

It's scythe would slowly come up to its ear and it pushed inside piercing the eardrum. It did the same for the other ear. Blood pouring down it's head and now deaf, it still had its eyes and with a roar it would charge at the duo its weapons held high.

@The Tactician

With the switched flipped the arrow on Symmetra's wrist changed position back towards the exit of Hestia Chambers.

"I believe we have a new position to reach. Please follow me."

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Verite @Hestia Chambers

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Foo Fighters tried to keep up with Gwen by clinging onto her shoulder, acting as her second head to look out for any signs of danger. Unfortunately, the mass of plankton's attention was diverted by two thoughts swirling within her head: a need for water and the whereabouts to the rest of her body.

Glancing at Gwen, FF stammered. "H-hey, as an adorable little thing made up of...yeah, a hivemind of plankton...I sorta need some water. Like, ASAP, if at all possible? If not, then I hope you don't mind if I borrow fro- Oh wait a minute!"

As if on cue, more wriggling masses FF's body crawled up from underneath the floor, clinging onto Gwen as all the parts moved together to reform!

2cb95e7b9af21fef7d83e651433df043.jpg

Her body remembering the form of Etro, Foo Fighters shot a smile at Gwen before running alongside her. "Alright! I should be able to last for a bit longer! So, uh, the hell's going on?"

@Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and Jeremi

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites
tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo4_100.png

"T-The hell... ?"

Having no other abilities that would help with a sudden insect attack, Nier held out his sword, swatting away at the cloud of bugs that came close to them. Hopefully someone had some idea to get this dealt with... and fast.

@Ringmaster @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​

With the switched flipped the arrow on Symmetra's wrist changed position back towards the exit of Hestia Chambers.

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Verite @Hestia Chambers

oXY7KPL.png

"Alright guys, let's see what the other guys are up to!" Mirei smiles towards her comrades as she moves to what Symmetra calls 'a new position'. Turning towards Kana, she sighs.

dpeyrHi.png

"I- I'm sorry about your cat friend... he... he's..." Mirei couldn't directly say to Kana that the Neko-ARC was dead as she places her hand on her shoulder, "... sleeping soundly. I don't know if you we will meet him again, but someone will."

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Jeremi @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Josh M @Crow @Kaykay @BarrenThin @T.O.M. @Verite @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Yun Lee @HESTIACHAMBERS

dpeyrHi.png

"I- I'm sorry about your cat friend... he... he's..." Mirei couldn't directly say to Kana that the Neko-ARC was dead as she places her hand on her shoulder, "... sleeping soundly. I don't know if you we will meet him again, but someone will."
VU8OHAT.png

"Yay! Let's get moving then!" Kana cheered, moving along with the rest of the group.

VmwJuMW.png

"Huh? Mirei, you're so serious! The kitty was probably running around all day, of course it's going to be sleepy!"

vaNQB8V.jpg

Winslow didn't say anything, at least not anything that would have been intelligible. But to see this child be so open to being friends with him was more than Winslow could hope to understand. He wore this outfit to hide himself from the various miseries that had been inflicted upon him in the ever growing list of tragedies that seemed to encompass Winslow's life. Winslow let himself be guided along while nodding his head in regards to the mention of music.

It'd been so long since he'd been able to talk to anyone about his music. Instead, all of his days were spent elsewhere. Locked up in that cold dark studio doing nothing but rewriting his cantata. But just as Winslow opened his mouth to speak, he caught himself.

The one person who seemed to be as interested as he was in music and Winslow couldn't even speak to her. That bothered Winslow more than the Neko Arc or the fight with Keaton. Winslow simply stared down the girl before inclining his head to the right. He didn't know what to say or do. He could have used his telepathy but who's to say Samael would have gotten out what he wanted to say?

The Phantom merely mulled over his thoughts as Keaton approached and Winslow reflexively lurched back. But as the man only seemed to come to offer his apologies, Winslow muttered out an indecipherable response to show he acknowledged it. Which sounded like all of his other grunts.

He didn't care for apologies however. It wasn't where his interest resided in the moment. Instead, he was more invested in learning more about Wada's connection with music. But he just couldn't do it as he was now. Turning towards Samael, Winslow approached and loomed over the angel and the neko arc. Yet, he said nothing once again. It would have been a waste of breath and spittle on his part. Though he did shoot a sharp glare down at the creature.

"I need you to help me speak to the witch girl. She and I both share an interest in music. You're the only one who can tell her what I have to say.."

@Kaykay @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Ringmaster @Verite
"In that case, I'm probably gonna be okay. My flesh is already soft and tender."

Samael licked her lips as she stared down the little creature.

"But I always heard cat meat is healthy for the skin, want to become part of my experiment?"

Turning the Neko Arc so that it was facing the other way, she leaned in to give it a small bite...​

"Hm? Ah, I don't want to be left behind."

Realizing that everyone else had started moving along without her, Samael quickly took a few steps to catch up with the rest, saving the Neko Arc from her fangs for now. A pout seemed to rest on her face as she did so. It seemed she hadn't really liked being left behind. As she made her way there, her friend turned to her, asking her for help. Not particularly distracted this time, Samael listened to what he had to say before nodding.

"Sure, what do you want me to tell her?"

@Verite @T.O.M. @Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan
Keeping in step with Samael as she walked along, Winslow couldn't help but be the slightest bit disgusted. Not at Samael of course but the little bundle of annoyance that Samael had tucked under one arm.

"I don't understand why you insist on keeping this thing with you. We've got what we needed from it." But Winslow supposed that if Samael kept it under check then it wouldn't pose a problem. Still, he wouldn't mind punting it down the way. If the chance came then he'd do it. But for now he'd simply bide his time. Staring down at Samael, Winslow smiled as she seemed far more receptive to helping him this time around. Something the Phantom could appreciate.

"..I need to know what kind of music she likes. I don't think I told you before we got sent here. But I wasn't always like this. I used to be a composer and had a great number of ideas for songs...Until Swan entered the picture that is." Even though it was said within his mind, Winslow clenched his hands into fists and grit his teeth together at the mere mention of the producer's name. If there was one motivating force keeping Winslow through all of this. It was seeing Samael bring down Swan once and for all!

As the cowboy from earlier showed up and offered to shoot the Neko Arc, Winslow nodded his head up and down to signify 'yes.'

@Kaykay @Hana @Sen @Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Verite
latest

As the group had started moving on once again, Wadanohara decided to keep pace with Winslow for the time being, taking his actions as acceptance for her to keep him some company. Kana and Mirei would be looking for her later, but they were still all grouped together. She glanced at him curiously, wondering about his thoughts as he had also decided to approach Samael, the angel. Miss Samael seemed relatively nice, and looked young enough that they looked close together in age.
"GGNNYYAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Neco03.png

Koff koff.

... Ew.

RIP.

latest

She had noted with a hint of sheepishness the way Winslow glared down at the Neko-Arc. That small feline had really caused them some trouble, jumping around like that earlier. Why was it trying to turn them against each other? It was relieving to see the group had stopped fighting each other, at least. Though... She averted her eyes as McCree and Ty Lee, along with Mirei, directed their ire on the cat. Nope, not looking at that. Poor cat...

Seeing as Winslow wasn't able to say anything to her yet, the witch continued, "I have my ocarina with me. Can I play a piece for you later, Mister Winslow?"

@T.O.M. @Sen @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @hestia???​

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Seeing the blade coming just in time, Evie quickly swings her arm upward, extending her hidden blade as she does so, and deflecting one of Jack's own blades. I doing so however, she had left her face exposed more for a little while. She let out a quick scream of pain, immediately going back to covering her face and swatting flies. Destroying the mask obviously didn't work, but Evie didn't start doubting the stranger because of it. She had no better ideas.

"Top hat, white cloth mask, dagger, I... I d-don't know what else it could be, the man's a bloody psychopath, he doesn't give a damn about anything except for his mother, and she's dead!" Still trying to come up with what they should destroy, Evie thought of something else she could do. Maybe one of her smoke bombs would clear the insects around her for long enough to get to Jack himself. Not knowing how bad of an idea this might be considering what the entity known as Jack actually was, Evie decided to try it still.

She didn't tell anyone else in the room about her plan in fear of Jack finding out, and threw one of her smoke bombs on the floor, then immediately running for whatever looked like Jack, attempting to tackle him and stick her hidden blade through his face.

@DapperDogman @Indolent @york @Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​
The buzzing of the flies from the apartment he just entered grew louder, he slowly backed away from the apartment room and joined up with the group as the flies joined together to take form of a man, Houston thought to himself that this day can't get any weirder. Houston took aim at the buzzing flies with his Bernetti and fired five rounds at it, Hoping it would have an effect on the flying hostile. Though, he'd quickly realise that he's fighting a losing fight. "We're gonna need a large can of bug spray if we're gonna take that thing down, Anyone got any bright ideas?" Houston looked to his group for someone to step up to help out fight the buzzing menace.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @Chris Lang @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @Go get em' Tigers (Atemis Suites)

"For fuck's sake, shoot the bloody gas tank!" Jacob shouts. He would have done it himself, if he had time to decipher the safety of the revolver. The gun, as simple as it may have been for Gregori, was much further along the line than anything Jacob had ever handled. Who'd have thought the guy was loading it so Gregori could use to cause a fire that would burn the flies comprising Jack's body?

Certainly not the all knowing Gregori

Jacob frowns as he shoves the cabinet over, searching for whatever was glowing from before, knowing that it was likely that was what was binding Jack here

If this kept up, they would all die

@Ellya
@Indolent
@Ringmaster

"GGNNYYAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Neco03.png

Koff koff.

... Ew.

RIP.

oXY7KPL.png

"This wraps things up, huh, Ty Lee, Mr McCree?"

Mirei gives a thumbs up to McCree and Ty Lee, before turning back to the situation.

While Lucifer would tend to the odd device that Neko-ARC spewed from its innards, Mirei tends to a fried Samael. This snake wasn't getting into any boots, but she sure did get booted. Hard.

dpeyrHi.png

"Samael? Are you alright? C- can you stand?" Mirei hangs her shoulder over Samael's body, helping the serpent in humanoid form off the ground. For Samael to survive such a thing, she sure was one hell of a solid snake!

"Wadanohara, I might need your assistance here!"

Wq0Aekx.jpg

"So... that's it? I can't say it was worth the trouble, but it was worth the trouble. What's next?"

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Josh M @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Crow @Verite @HestiaChambers​

As the Neko Arc crash landed into the ground, Samael lost her hold, spinning off due to the impact and flying a good few feet away. Ouch. On the bright side, though, she was no longer hanging on to the Neko Arc when it got zapped and barbecued like bug. Nothing more than a few bumps from the crash landing. This serpentine angel wasn't getting fried just yet. Though in the end, it seemed the "cat" wasn't made of anything edible anyway. As Mirei offered to do her a solid, Samael rose to her feet with her assistance and gave her a bright grin.

"Hehe, don't worry. It'll take more than that to kill me."

latest

As the group had started moving on once again, Wadanohara decided to keep pace with Winslow for the time being, taking his actions as acceptance for her to keep him some company. Kana and Mirei would be looking for her later, but they were still all grouped together. She glanced at him curiously, wondering about his thoughts as he had also decided to approach Samael, the angel. Miss Samael seemed relatively nice, and looked young enough that they looked close together in age.

latest

She had noted with a hint of sheepishness the way Winslow glared down at the Neko-Arc. That small feline had really caused them some trouble, jumping around like that earlier. Why was it trying to turn them against each other? It was relieving to see the group had stopped fighting each other, at least. Though... She averted her eyes as McCree and Ty Lee, along with Mirei, directed their ire on the cat. Nope, not looking at that. Poor cat...

Seeing as Winslow wasn't able to say anything to her yet, the witch continued, "I have my ocarina with me. Can I play a piece for you later, Mister Winslow?"

@T.O.M. @Sen @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @hestia???​
After that little fiasco involving her holding onto a rocket cat, Samael patted at her clothes. They were a little dusty given the whole crash landing thing, but otherwise it didn't seem like it was too bad. As Wadanohara began to speak, she remembered that she was supposed to say something for Winslow. Whoops. Well, better late than never.

"Oh yeah! Wada, right? Um, Winslow here wanted to ask what kind of music you like."

The rest of what Winslow had thought seemed to be more directed at herself than the witch, so she decided to not say anything past that.

@Verite @T.O.M. @Hana @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi

After that little fiasco involving her holding onto a rocket cat, Samael patted at her clothes. They were a little dusty given the whole crash landing thing, but otherwise it didn't seem like it was too bad. As Wadanohara began to speak, she remembered that she was supposed to say something for Winslow. Whoops. Well, better late than never.

"Oh yeah! Wada, right? Um, Winslow here wanted to ask what kind of music you like."

The rest of what Winslow had thought seemed to be more directed at herself than the witch, so she decided to not say anything past that.
Well, what had just happened hadn't exactly been the most ideal of situations. But at the very least Winslow was glad that the cat had finally been struck down. Tapping it's prone body with the heel of his boot, Winslow turned towards Wada as she approached him. Perhaps now was a better time to speak now that they didn't have flying cats to worry about.

Winslow didn't want to waste his time trying to communicate 'normally' with Wada given he knew what would happen. But she had offered to play some music for him. Winslow had been cooped up in his room writing and writing and writing that he never had much of a chance to listen to others sing. Unless it was someone other than Phoenix trying to sing his beloved Faust. But somehow he doubted that's what this girl would be playing. Giving her the nod as a sort of 'go-ahead', Winslow kept moving forward.

But not before reaching out to affectionately pat Samael on the head. She had said exactly what he wanted and hadn't screwed with his wording this time. That was good enough on it's own. But adding in the fact that got out of this whole mess unscathed? It was another reason to be happy.

"Thank you."

@Kaykay @Hana @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Verite

Status
Not open for further replies.