• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...A thumb tacked-baseball headed twisted Where's Waldo figure is your daddy--"

"Well yes that does scream trouble or a distraction but first do your shapeshifty thing and calm the little girl already, yeah?"

"My powers have their limits. I am not sure I can successfully shift into a Big Daddy, given their size and mass. Also, there are other factors at work that bond a Big Daddy with a Little Sister. Even if I were to successfully imitate its appearance, the Little Sister may be able to tell the difference because the bond would not be there."
tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo10_100.png

"... alright, that can work... as long as she feels comfortable with it..."

Again being too hospitable for his own good, Nier guessed it was fine to keep this little sister with them, wanting to protect her from the potential threats in this area. Though, Nier gave an annoyed look when it came Gwen... yelling out like she didn't care at all.

@C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites​
Mystique turned to Gwen. "You are making a lot of noise. Given the nature of the enemies here, we had best not call too much attention to ourselves."

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites

Last edited by a moderator:
"Once. A long time ago. You killed me, Evie Frye. And you Jacob, you betrayed everything I had ever worked on! And what would had happened?"

The looming form rose as a million-million voices roared in abject fury.

"I WOULD HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN! REDUCED TO A SHADOW UNDER THE BED OR WRITING ON THE WALL! And so my soul wandered....Too tainted to enter Heaven and too savage to enter Hell."

In its left hand, a knife the size of a short sword would flick into its hand. Grimly, he added.

"But there were always.....Other options."

"Wouldn't that be a first, Jacob Frye?"

The Eagle vision flashed and off in the clinic, there did appear to be several things glowing. Some form of tank storage and something in a cabinet. Unknowing, Jack slowly spun his blade in hand.

"I'll kill you, long after I've had my fun....But not so quick, oh not so quick. To think your bitch sister would have been with you! And this!"

He pointed his blade in the direction of Gregori, the head slowly shifting to give the impression of looking at him. With relish, Jack continued.

"My Masters will be pleased....That here, of all places would be one of them. And I'll get my personal satisfaction into the bargain. Now then."

He shifted backwards, the sound of the wings louder now as he said quietly.

"I think we've just about said our piece to each other?"

The form slowly, bent over in what looked like approximation of a bow.

Right before unleashing itself in wave after wave of ravenous bugs, attacking and stinging the three via any opening in their clothing of exposed skin as Jack's laughter radiated through every bug around them.

"ACCEPT THE GIFT OF GRANDFATHER NURGLE! EMBRACE HIM IN THE ROT MANIFEST IN ALL THINGS!!"

-------

Owlman would find the way blocked and hear faintly, a loud buzzing and someone roaring out words.

Everyone else down below would be....Talking apparently. In no danger whatsoever that they could see.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​
Rushing past Gregori, he'd snatch up the pistol once more, sliding along the floor as his hands move precisely, quickly load the weapon
Climbing to his feet, he swats at the bugs, grimacing. He quickly flicks his cloak about, hoping to throw the bugs off long enough to open the cabinet

"Evie!" he shouts, pointing to the tank storage quickly

He'd have to forgive the imperial for intruding in matters that shouldn't involve him. Else they might just all die

Jacob was proud, and knew this was a matter of the creed and the creed alone. But in a time like this, dying simply wasn't an option

"If you got any tricks up your sleeve, now would be the time" he cries to Gregori "Pride can wait for later"

@Indolent
@Ellya
@Ringmaster

"My powers have their limits. I am not sure I can successfully shift into a Big Daddy, given their size and mass. Also, there are other factors at work that bond a Big Daddy with a Little Sister. Even if I were to successfully imitate its appearance, the Little Sister may be able to tell the difference because the bond wold not be there."
Mystique turned to Gwen. "You are making a lot of noise. Given the nature of the enemies here, we had best not call too much attention to ourselves."
Scott paused for a brief moment when she mentioned the word bond. There was something that he could do-something dangerous that could help their situation." I could bite the Little Sister, it would cause a bond of an Alpha to a Beta, but..." he trailed off, not wanting to say the other option aloud. If the little girl rejected the bite, it could- no, it would kill her and he would lose his True Alpha status, perhaps going back to being an Omega or one of the many Alphas who killed for more power. He looked over at the others and then realized that the Fryes were in trouble. " We should go and help the twins," he added.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @Ellya @C.T. @The Artemis Suites

The preacher sent the kids away with a smile before nodding, "Agreed, and good on ya for it. Now come on, lets get rid of the riff-raff."
With a nod Bridgette continued to lead the way and soon enough among the doom and gloom they'd find it.

latest

The Bull Yard entrance could be seen in the distance though it seemed to be floating separately from the rest of the area. How were they supposed to get there?

"Lucky I came prepared." Bridgette replied grabbing a peculiar looking weapon from a holster. "Here, you're gonna need this."

"That's what they in Columbia call a Sky-Hook. You use it to ride on that."

Removing another Sky-Hook from her belt she'd aim it at the rail going around the area. "That's called Sky-Lines, you do the math. Keep your Sky-Hook aimed at the lines as you jump and the magnet will do the rest. Like this."

With a literal leap of faith Bridgette jumped the heavy magnetized Sky-Hook pulled her into the Sky-Line and allowed to ride along it towards the entrance.

To show off and give Jesse a little demonstration with a death defying leap to the line next to her that she safely latched onto to continue heading towards the entrance to the Bull Yard.

Now it was Jesse's turn for his own leap of faith.​

@The Tactician

Last edited by a moderator:
With a nod Bridgette continued to lead the way and soon enough among the doom and gloom they'd find it.

latest

The Bull Yard entrance could be seen in the distance though it seemed to be floating separately from the rest of the area. How were they supposed to get there?

"Lucky I came prepared." Bridgette replied grabbing a peculiar looking weapon from a holster. "Here, you're gonna need this."

"That's what they in Columbia call a Sky-Hook. You use it to ride on that."

Removing another Sky-Hook from her belt she'd aim it at the rail going around the area. "That's called Sky-Lines, you do the math. Keep your Sky-Hook aimed at the lines as you jump and the magnet will do the rest. Like this."

With a literal leap of faith Bridgette jumped the heavy magnetized Sky-Hook pulled her into the Sky-Line and allowed to ride along it towards the entrance.

To show off and give Jesse a little demonstration with a death defying leap to the line next to her that she safely latched onto to continue heading towards the entrance to the Bull Yard.

Now it was Jesse's turn for his own leap of faith.​

@The Tactician
Jesse's eyes widened in horror and then stunned disbelief as Bridgette proceeded to jump to what appeared to be her death only to be caught by the Sky-Line. Good God... Crazier than Tulip, for certain. Looking down to the Sky-Hook in his hands, he took a breath to steady himself and gather the courage he would need for this act. However, a thought occurred before he began to walk forward, his eyes wandering over to the Spaniard assassin who had been strangely silent for the last little while.

In his mind, a lopsided battle over Scaramanga's fate was waged and ended once his conscious made the winning argument.

106c6ca708367993ba6856fd36aabfad.jpg

It was a simple argument, just as simple as the push that Jesse gave to the man to send him plummeting to his death. The preacher didn't spare the murderer another thought before backing up and running towards the edge, Sky-Hook in hand as he leaped and began to soar for a brief second. For a moment, as he began to fall in what felt like a slowed form of time, the man felt fear for himself yet also acceptance if this bit him in the ass.

Both those emotions were jerked out of him as the hook did its job and attached to the line, sending him zipping after Bridgette while his other hand preoccupied keeping a hold on his gun.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Jeremi

Jesse's eyes widened in horror and then stunned disbelief as Bridgette proceeded to jump to what appeared to be her death only to be caught by the Sky-Line. Good God... Crazier than Tulip, for certain. Looking down to the Sky-Hook in his hands, he took a breath to steady himself and gather the courage he would need for this act. However, a thought occurred before he began to walk forward, his eyes wandering over to the Spaniard assassin who had been strangely silent for the last little while.

In his mind, a lopsided battle over Scaramanga's fate was waged and ended once his conscious made the winning argument.

106c6ca708367993ba6856fd36aabfad.jpg

It was a simple argument, just as simple as the push that Jesse gave to the man to send him plummeting to his death. The preacher didn't spare the murderer another thought before backing up and running towards the edge, Sky-Hook in hand as he leaped and began to soar for a brief second. For a moment, as he began to fall in what felt like a slowed form of time, the man felt fear for himself yet also acceptance if this bit him in the ass.

Both those emotions were jerked out of him as the hook did its job and attached to the line, sending him zipping after Bridgette while his other hand preoccupied keeping a hold on his gun.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Jeremi

As Jesse landed near Bridgette next to the entrance she'd just give him a look. "I'm not even going to ask." Came her reply. "Though since we're probably about to head towards a shoot out against an entire cult, I guess I should properly introduce myself."

She handed out her hand for a shake. "Bridgette. Bridgette DeWitt."

@The Tactician

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Rushing past Gregori, he'd snatch up the pistol once more, sliding along the floor as his hands move precisely, quickly load the weapon
Climbing to his feet, he swats at the bugs, grimacing. He quickly flicks his cloak about, hoping to throw the bugs off long enough to open the cabinet

He'd have to forgive the imperial for intruding in matters that shouldn't involve him. Else they might just all die

Jacob was proud, and knew this was a matter of the creed and the creed alone. But in a time like this, dying simply wasn't an option

"If you got any tricks up your sleeve, now would be the time" he cries to Gregori "Pride can wait for later"

@Indolent
@Ellya
@Ringmaster
Evie immediately lifted her hood over her head when the bugs started buzzing around her ear, wildly swatting as many of them as she could away. Almost falling to her knees initially, Evie would quickly recover when hearing her name called out, looking at Jacob through her fingers as she covers her face. She looked in the direction where he was pointing, and without thinking twice, ran toward it. For once, she was not the one with the plan.

Approaching the tank storage, Evie would attempt to examine it as quickly and thoroughly as she could, trying to block out Jack's maniacal laughter. However, the bugs didn't leave her alone long enough for her to read what was in the tank. But if Evie knew her brother, she knew what was going to happen to this tank anyway... Jacob likes big boom. Evie attempted to pull the tank out of its storage and roll it towards the middle of the room.

@Ringmaster @Indolent

As Jesse landed near Bridgette next to the entrance she'd just give him a look. "I'm not even going to ask." Came her reply. "Though since we're probably about to head towards a shoot out against an entire cult, I guess I should properly introduce myself."

She handed out her hand for a shake. "Bridgette. Bridgette DeWitt."

@The Tactician
"Like I said before, Preacher Jesse Custer," Jesse gave her a hand a firm shake as he returned that judging look, "And believe me, he was just as likely to shoot us as the cult."

tumblr_o95yz5CrDg1v3qowuo7_100.png

"... Ah, I see. I suppose I can keep an eye out for your father."

As Nier said those words, it made sense to him now. It was possible that their group had fought against this girl's father, and that they weren't untouched by the apparent experimentation that was going on in this ravaged city. Though, he snapped out of his train of thought when the little sister screamed. What was going on up there?

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo4_100.png

"I'm going to stay here... in case something were to happen... I can't stand the thought of someone as young as you being hurt..."

I saw my own little sister, Yonah, be taken away from me... I'm not going to let someone like this girl fall for the same fate... even if she may not be as helpless as she gives herself to be...

@york @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​
Scott paused as Nier suggested staying alone with the Little Sister and then he remembered Handsome Jack, the man had promised that he would cause the group chaos. He bit down on his lower lip, as he was about to regret what he said next. " I think we should take this little sister upstairs with us, seperating from our group can be a bad idea, Jack has promised that he will make us regret coming here, plus it would be safer in the long run if we protected her with the others," he said, looking at the man and hoping that he agreed too. " Little girl, I can protect you, but we need to stick with our group, maybe if you travel with us, we can find your daddy and your sister," he added.

@york @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @Ellya @The Artemis Suites
"...A thumb tacked-baseball headed twisted Where's Waldo figure is your daddy--"

"Well yes that does scream trouble or a distraction but first do your shapeshifty thing and calm the little girl already, yeah?"

"..."

"THERE WAS A DRAGON SLAYER WITH US THIS WHOLE TIME? HOW DID I NOT NOTICE YOU? SHAME ON ME!"

tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo10_100.png

"... alright, that can work... as long as she feels comfortable with it..."

Again being too hospitable for his own good, Nier guessed it was fine to keep this little sister with them, wanting to protect her from the potential threats in this area. Though, Nier gave an annoyed look when it came Gwen... yelling out like she didn't care at all.

@C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites​
"Once. A long time ago. You killed me, Evie Frye. And you Jacob, you betrayed everything I had ever worked on! And what would had happened?"

"I WOULD HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN! REDUCED TO A SHADOW UNDER THE BED OR WRITING ON THE WALL! And so my soul wandered....Too tainted to enter Heaven and too savage to enter Hell."

In its left hand, a knife the size of a short sword would flick into its hand. Grimly, he added.

The Eagle vision flashed and off in the clinic, there did appear to be several things glowing. Some form of tank storage and something in a cabinet. Unknowing, Jack slowly spun his blade in hand.

"I'll kill you, long after I've had my fun....But not so quick, oh not so quick. To think your bitch sister would have been with you! And this!"

He pointed his blade in the direction of Gregori, the head slowly shifting to give the impression of looking at him. With relish, Jack continued.

"My Masters will be pleased....That here, of all places would be one of them. And I'll get my personal satisfaction into the bargain. Now then."

Right before unleashing itself in wave after wave of ravenous bugs, attacking and stinging the three via any opening in their clothing of exposed skin as Jack's laughter radiated through every bug around them.

"ACCEPT THE GIFT OF GRANDFATHER NURGLE! EMBRACE HIM IN THE ROT MANIFEST IN ALL THINGS!!"

-------

Owlman would find the way blocked and hear faintly, a loud buzzing and someone roaring out words.

Everyone else down below would be....Talking apparently. In no danger whatsoever that they could see.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​

"My powers have their limits. I am not sure I can successfully shift into a Big Daddy, given their size and mass. Also, there are other factors at work that bond a Big Daddy with a Little Sister. Even if I were to successfully imitate its appearance, the Little Sister may be able to tell the difference because the bond wold not be there."

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @The Artemis Suites
Owlman
@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites

Judging from what he was hearing, the floor above was definitely a site of some sort of villanous monologue... He should know; Ultraman had a strange habbit of pulling things like this whenever he had some beef with someone, except it seems that someone, or something else had some beef with those upstairs. In either case, Owlman wasn't about to miss out on this one, especially if another big metallic behemoth was about to fall through the roof or something, so with that, he backed up, giving himself a little distance between the door.

6aZMTKc.gif

Then, when he was in the right position, he raised both of his hands, making fists as he took aim... And then fired an volley of explosive projectiles towards the blocked up entrance to the upstairs room, it was apparant a little roadblock wasn't going to discourage him.

"Like I said before, Preacher Jesse Custer," Jesse gave her a hand a firm shake as he returned that judging look, "And believe me, he was just as likely to shoot us as the cult."

"Like I said. I don't even want to know." She repeated before heading towards the entrance of the Bull Yard. "The Cult of Rust seemed to have done something right though. They didn't even need sentries to keep nosy people out." With a push Bridgette would open the main door.

latest

They would find themselves in a hallway surrounded by large statues on each side. You could see another door further down. "Once we're through that door we'll be in the main area of the impound. If I were a betting gal I'd say that's where most of them are gathered. Strange though. If this is their HQ...where the hell are they?"​

@The Tactician

Evie stood back still, keeping her eyes focused only on the villain in front of them. She kept her cane sword ready, barely even noticing the curious blade the man beside her had. It was obvious he was a fighter, and Evie was more than happy to find that out about him. "His name is Jack..." Evie mumbled softly, trying to not let the fear come out in her voice, knowing that fear was the very thing Jack used to become such a legend. "Jack the Ripper, as he likes to be called..."

She would have given more information, but she knew that the more she said about Jack, the more it would please his ego.

I glanced to the woman aside me, her body trembling somewhat though there was the discernible effort to steady herself for the oncoming fight. She was gracious enough to bestow me the full answer I sought in a previous query. Sadly, I knew not the name nor the man associated with it, and if it was possible my face would have demonstrated the apt blankness. "... I've no idea who that is. A serial killer by the name, perhaps, but there's nothing of him in the annals that I know of," was my reply to her under breath as I steeled myself for the daemon.

"Whoever he was, it is no longer a he; it is an it, a daemon enthralled in the service of Nurgle. He is rife with disease, see that you take care."
As he took up his sword, Jacob places a hand on the man's shoulder "This doesn't involve you. He's here for me" he looks at him for a long moment, a stern expression adorning his feature

tumblr_o0dytkYxdQ1qgtcg1o2_500.gif

"If you want me, I'm right here. I'm not running any more, Jack"
As he spoke, Jacob flicks on his Eagle Vision, looking for any sources of flame. He couldn't stab flies, and so he figured his next best bet would be to flambe Jack's new form​

"Fool," I summarily describe Jacob Frye, my tone heavy and incredulous, accentuating the term with the denigrating shake of my head. "He's here for us all, he's sworn to destroy all that I represent and afflict poxes where he can!" I shouted towards the stubborn, ignorant man, "You speak of pride, stow yours and listen!"

-------

By the Emperor Above, if there was a opportune moment for a resounding "I tried to tell you.", this was it.

Firstly, the daemon that once was Jack the Ripper mounted a diatribe in respect to his failed legacy designated toward the Frye twins; clearly he had a vendetta toward the two. I half-listened as I scoured the premises for anything that would be of aid, the same that Jacob would make note of. But my eyes ultimately rested upon one thing that stood out among them all. To me anyway. The mask the daemon had doffed and adorned the dead guardsman with, did it have meaning to the creature? Perhaps, just perhaps this fell in line with the idea that burgeoned in my mind's eye.

Then came the declaration of Jack the Ripper's joining the forces of Chaos. So yes, I, Inquistor Gregor Eisenhorn, was endowed with the fully authority of my office in all matters xenos, mutant, and especially Chaos regardless of what young Jacob Frye would have to say. This concerned me all the same, reasonably and justly so. The time and place had no relevance to the matter.

"Distract him if you can," I murmured to the one more likely to be receptive of the twins Evie Frye, "His form cannot be destroyed as is. Something binds him here, something of importance; think!" My last words were a howl nearly drowned out by the din that was both the daemon's loving declaration and admiration for Grandfather Nurgle. The flies descended upon us and I kept the smoldering blade close to my face, the only exposed flesh I had. I was truly grateful for the layered, excessively posh outfit I was adorned with.

As to the matter of the daemon's presence: daemons could only manifest via possessions or great sacrifice from which they could emerge from tears in the fabric of reality, their true form manifest for all to see. This was a hodge-podge possession, geared towards the carrion flies en masse and it was through reasoning that I realized the insects' corpses weren't merely enough, there had to be something more, something that tied its presence to the Materium.

For now I had a start, the mask that clasped the surely sloughing flesh that was once the Krieger's face. If this was not the key to exorcising the daemon's presence, I'd have to come to rely on the Fryes to ferret out the true source.

"What?" I uttered incredulously toward the boy who had the gall to both pickpocket me of the stubber pistol (again) and verbally reprimand me of my pride. Pride? The retrieval of the stubber pistol from earlier, under mutual understanding between I and Scott, smacked nothing of pride but duty; I was to ensure that nothing of the Imperium falls unto the hands of xenos, mutants, and heretics. Jacob demonstrated pride himself when he attempted to turn me away from the daemon, from my duty under flimsy reasons of the daemon being strictly here for he and his sister. A menace they would have grave difficulty curtailing without my knowledge and ability. The slingshotting of his mentality was astounding, it bore me a venue to consider greatly at a later time. For now I relented under the reason that there was no reasoning with a fool and moved for the masked corpse within the doctor's chair, my power-sword leveraged in front to avail myself of the offending flies as I made my way.

There was one thing I was sure of that was to come out of this encounter, following its end. Jacob Frye would understand what it means to cross an Inquisitor, no, the Inquisition itself.
Evie immediately lifted her hood over her head when the bugs started buzzing around her ear, wildly swatting as many of them as she could away. Almost falling to her knees initially, Evie would quickly recover when hearing her name called out, looking at Jacob through her fingers as she covers her face. She looked in the direction where he was pointing, and without thinking twice, ran toward it. For once, she was not the one with the plan.

Approaching the tank storage, Evie would attempt to examine it as quickly and thoroughly as she could, trying to block out Jack's maniacal laughter. However, the bugs didn't leave her alone long enough for her to read what was in the tank. But if Evie knew her brother, she knew what was going to happen to this tank anyway... Jacob likes big boom. Evie attempted to pull the tank out of its storage and roll it towards the middle of the room.

I saw the girl's actions, as she worked to maneuver the tank to the room's center. The idea was admirable, the effect surely effective in way of distracting the creature. Just one problem: the daemon surely would not relent and allow her to do just that. It was this in mind that I redoubled my efforts to reach the carcass-laden chair, my intent fully being that of dousing the grimy mask into the plasma flames of my power-sword.

I willed every ounce of hope I could muster in the Emperor's name that it worked.

@Ringmaster @Ellya @DapperDogman

Last edited:
Unfortunately for the creature, it seemed falling off of Samael's head was part of its "Master Plan." The short-lived game of tag complete (possibly), she bent over to pick up the Neko Arc off the ground.

Of course, she was quite aware the "flying snake" referred to herself, but the Neko Arc didn't need to know that.

wIxYcCP.png

"Hypothetically, what would you taste like?"

Neco01.png

"I think the more appropriate question is... What do you taste like-nya?! I'll tenderize you up into some chewy meat if you continue to underestimate me like this!" It exclaimed, its soft harmless not-hands jabbing at Samael.

"Look at the chaos before you! That was a part of my master plan! I turned you all against each other-nyehehe!" The Neko-Arc said, not seeming to realize that the feud between Winslow, Keaton, and others seemed to be resolved already, "I've planted the seed of mistrust between you all! Let us see what it can grow into-nya!"

FWEqE5t.jpg

"Y- yeah... same here..."

As the creature flailed in Samael's arms, Mirei was... somewhat amused by Neko-ARC's... mannerisms. "... I wonder, I really really wonder too, Neko-ARC. Anyways, Samael, can I trust you with looking over the cat? I have to tend to the others."

And Mirei went to observe the rest.
latest

"K-Keaton!" The witch hurriedly approached him and gave both him and Winslow a look of consternation. "We shouldn't fight," Wadanohara said softly, for once sounding disapproving. She quickly attended to Keaton, fussing over him like a mother hen and wincing at the knife stick in him. "I'm going to take it out," she said in warning before reaching upwards, using a bit of levitation from her staff to gain height. Quickly pulling it to make it less painful she healed the wound immediately afterwards.

@Crimson Spartan @T.O.M. @Crow @Sen @shit mobile post because no laptop huhu​
Winslow knew what the odds would have been of him having a grisly encounter with Jack's forces if he were to depart from the group. Truth be told, that and the fact that Samael seemed content to wander around with this group was all that kept Winslow here. But as Wadda approached him, Winslow glanced down at her and growled.

"Grra....hhh..."

Was he okay? Did he sound okay? He had just wanted to capture the creature so they could move on. Instead his knife ended up hitting someone who most certainly hadn't been his intended target and he'd been attacked for it. No wounds to show for it but then no matter what Keaton might have done to Winslow, it wouldn't have shown up on the composer's body. Snatching his knife back as it was offered, Winslow sheathed it and his entire body seemed to shake from his pent up frustration.

A friend?

Was it simply childlike curiosity that drove Wada to be as kind as she was? Or did she simply take pity on the bird man like everyone else had? Not that he wanted or needed their pity. His fate had already been decided and a couple of good words said around him wasn't going to change that. But eventually Winslow managed to calm his breathing as he simply nodded to the right. If this is the response the girl wanted from him then so be it.

@Hana @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Sen @Crimson Spartan

"Tch.... Thanks..." Keaton said wincing slightly as the knife was pulled out. He didn't seem to be doing so well even after he was healed. Realizing how much he worried those around him.

"Okay... Maybe I overreacted... But I saw his knife flying towards her.... Didn't want to take the chance of it hitting her..." Keaton had added as he watched her go over to Winslow.

Keaton looked at Winslow. He wasn't sure what should do now that it was all resolved. He wasn't a fan of the bird man
but he did attack him for a misunderstanding. Still he shouldn't have even thrown the knife in the first place in Keaton's eyes.

"...Tch I guess I should apologize.... I saw the knife flying at her and lost control..." Keaton commented apologizing to Winslow.

@T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Crow @Kaykay @Verite

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Looks like Neko-ARC's 'seed of mistrust' has been uprooted. Or it didn't survive through the famine and drought, metaphorically, that is," Mirei smiles as she gazed upon the sight that had been mended by Wadanohara's healinh. "The code keyed, the door opened, I think we just need a little bit more stuff before we can move on. Keaton, Winslow, can you two stand?"

Interactions:

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Kaykay @T.O.M. @NEKOARCABUSE

Others at Hestia Chamber:

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Yun Lee

GM tags:

@Verite

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson Spartan

"Like I said. I don't even want to know." She repeated before heading towards the entrance of the Bull Yard. "The Cult of Rust seemed to have done something right though. They didn't even need sentries to keep nosy people out." With a push Bridgette would open the main door.

latest

They would find themselves in a hallway surrounded by large statues on each side. You could see another door further down. "Once we're through that door we'll be in the main area of the impound. If I were a betting gal I'd say that's where most of them are gathered. Strange though. If this is their HQ...where the hell are they?"​

@The Tactician
"Good question... Maybe we caught them durin' Sunday school and they're in prayer?" The preacher suggested with a serious tone before looking up and around to make sure there wasn't anyone hiding above them, getting ready to scare them. If the upper area seemed clear, Jesse would shrug and look towards the door, "Looks like we've only got one way to find out."

-------

Scott paused for a brief moment when she mentioned the word bond. There was something that he could do-something dangerous that could help their situation." I could bite the Little Sister, it would cause a bond of an Alpha to a Beta, but..." he trailed off, not wanting to say the other option aloud. If the little girl rejected the bite, it could- no, it would kill her and he would lose his True Alpha status, perhaps going back to being an Omega or one of the many Alphas who killed for more power. He looked over at the others and then realized that the Fryes were in trouble. " We should go and help the twins," he added.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @Ellya @C.T. @The Artemis Suites
Owlman
@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites

Judging from what he was hearing, the floor above was definitely a site of some sort of villanous monologue... He should know; Ultraman had a strange habbit of pulling things like this whenever he had some beef with someone, except it seems that someone, or something else had some beef with those upstairs. In either case, Owlman wasn't about to miss out on this one, especially if another big metallic behemoth was about to fall through the roof or something, so with that, he backed up, giving himself a little distance between the door.

6aZMTKc.gif

Then, when he was in the right position, he raised both of his hands, making fists as he took aim... And then fired an volley of explosive projectiles towards the blocked up entrance to the upstairs room, it was apparant a little roadblock wasn't going to discourage him.

tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... what is going on up there?"

Nier questioned this, but he got a feeling that something was truly going on that wasn't any good. Even then, he didn't want to leave the Little Sister or even bring her towards the apparent danger.

@york @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Indolent @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ellya @C.T. @Ryu Keiko @The Artemis Suites​

I glanced to the woman aside me, her body trembling somewhat though there was the discernible effort to steady herself for the oncoming fight. She was gracious enough to bestow me the full answer I sought in a previous query. Sadly, I knew not the name nor the man associated with it, and if it was possible my face would have demonstrated the apt blankness. "... I've no idea who that is. A serial killer by the name, perhaps, but there's nothing of him in the annals that I know of," was my reply to her under breath as I steeled myself for the daemon.

"Whoever he was, it is no longer a he; it is an it, a daemon enthralled in the service of Nurgle. He is rife with disease, see that you take care."

"Fool," I summarily describe Jacob Frye, my tone heavy and incredulous, accentuating the term with the denigrating shake of my head. "He's here for us all, he's sworn to destroy all that I represent and afflict poxes where he can!" I shouted towards the stubborn, ignorant man, "You speak of pride, stow yours and listen!"

By the Emperor Above, if there was a opportune moment for a resounding "I tried to tell you.", this was it.

Firstly, the daemon that once was Jack the Ripper mounted a diatribe in respect to his failed legacy designated toward the Frye twins; clearly he had a vendetta toward the two. I half-listened as I scoured the premises for anything that would be of aid, the same that Jacob would make note of. But my eyes ultimately rested upon one thing that stood out among them all. To me anyway. The mask the daemon had doffed and adorned the dead guardsman with, did it have meaning to the creature? Perhaps, just perhaps this fell in line with the idea that burgeoned in my mind's eye.

Then came the declaration of Jack the Ripper's joining the forces of Chaos. So yes, I, Inquistor Gregor Eisenhorn, was endowed with the fully authority of my office in all matters xenos, mutant, and especially Chaos regardless of what young Jacob Frye would have to say. This concerned me all the same, reasonably and justly so. The time and place had no relevance to the matter.

"Distract him if you can," I murmured to the one more likely to be receptive of the twins Evie Frye, "His form cannot be destroyed as is. Something binds him here, something of importance; think!" My last words were a howl nearly drowned out by the din that was both the daemon's loving declaration and admiration for Grandfather Nurgle. The flies descended upon us and I kept the smoldering blade close to my face, the only exposed flesh I had. I was truly grateful for the layered, excessively posh outfit I was adorned with.

As to the matter of the daemon's presence: daemons could only manifest via possessions or great sacrifice from which they could emerge from tears in the fabric of reality, their true form manifest for all to see. This was a hodge-podge possession, geared towards the carrion flies en masse and it was through reasoning that I realized the insects' corpses weren't merely enough, there had to be something more, something that tied its presence to the Materium.

For now I had a start, the mask that clasped the surely sloughing flesh that was once the Krieger's face. If this was not the key to exorcising the daemon's presence, I'd have to come to rely on the Fryes to ferret out the true source.

"What?" I uttered incredulously toward the boy who had the gall to both pickpocket me of the stubber pistol (again) and verbally reprimand me of my pride. Pride? The retrieval of the stubber pistol from earlier, under mutual understanding between I and Scott, smacked nothing of pride but duty; I was to ensure that nothing of the Imperium falls unto the hands of xenos, mutants, and heretics. Jacob demonstrated pride himself when he attempted to turn me away from the daemon, from my duty under flimsy reasons of the daemon being strictly here for he and his sister. A menace they would have grave difficulty curtailing without my knowledge and ability. The slingshotting of his mentality was astounding, it bore me a venue to consider greatly at a later time. For now I relented under the reason that there was no reasoning with a fool and moved for the masked corpse within the doctor's chair, my power-sword leveraged in front to avail myself of the offending flies as I made my way.

There was one thing I was sure of that was to come out of this encounter, following its end. Jacob Frye would understand what it means to cross an Inquisitor, no, the Inquisition itself.

I saw the girl's actions, as she worked to maneuver the tank to the room's center. The idea was admirable, the effect surely effective in way of distracting the creature. Just one problem: the daemon surely would not relent and allow her to do just that. It was this in mind that I redoubled my efforts to reach the carcass-laden chair, my intent fully being that of dousing the grimy mask into the plasma flames of my power-sword.

I willed every ounce of hope I could muster in the Emperor's name that it worked.

@Ringmaster @Ellya @DapperDogman

As Evie was figuring out a way to put the tank to use, she kept thinking about what their new companion had said to her before shit hit the fan. "Something binds him here, something of importance". She had no idea what to think of something like that, but her mind was rushing to find what they were looking for.

"What do you mean, binds him here?" she cried out to the stranger, "The only thing important to Jack is the fear he causes, his legend, his fame... his image!" Still unsure of what exactly was happening, and what kind of daemons he was talking about, Evie thought out loud to try and help him find out what he was looking for.

@DapperDogman @Ringmaster

6 0

Oh, hey. Helena got it right.

The box would finally beep positively, and it would automatically open up! Inside, Ty Lee and anyone else who was trying to open up the box would find a small vial of a strange red liquid, with a note on the side that simply read "Drink in case of shutdown emergency."

latest

Well, this was sorta an emergency, right?

Upon drinking if it so desired, Ty Lee would feel a strange surge of power rise inside her, before what seemed to be electricity seemed to harmlessly surge around her body. She had acquired the ability of Electro Bolt!

latest

Now that that was finally over, perhaps she could test out by seeing if she could fire a bolt at the switch that Clare had flipped, but resulted in nothing happening. Maybe it just needed a little juice...

Also, maybe for some kicks, try zapping the Neko-Arc that was in Samael's grasp and see what would happen.

@Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @Bomb
"Oh my gosh! Helena, you're so smart!!! Thank you!!!" For the second time that day, she hugged her Ukrainian friend, then turned to the potion. She was, like, 90% sure it wasn't poison, but before drinking it, she looked to Helena.

"Hey...you were the one who figured the number out. Maybe you should drink this! Like, you earned it!"

@OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Bomb

"You give many hugs, Ty Lee. I am feeling most blessed."

Helena gave a dizzy laugh, able to wrap an arm around the young girl much more readily this time now that there was a precedent despite some lingering stiffness. Not even her sisters had called her smart before. Even they had been unable to resist calling her crazy, psychopath, dangerous; Ty Lee seemed to look past these things like only one other had, her little niece. Kira. She hoped her own children would look past this too, one day.

She had taken the bottle of bizarre viscous liquid from the safe initially, shaking it next to her ear and smelling it for a moment in puzzlement. Ty Lee's offer, however, was briefly considered and met with a shake of the head, the pale woman holding the strange tonic out to her a second later and regarding her with a tilted gaze.

"You punched buttons. Mine was only guess. I think medicine is meant for you." She smiled and bit her lip, somewhat worried about the liquid's effect but having an inkling to what it might have been. She had seen many signs with these bottles since waking up here, advertisements for strange things like out of science fiction movie. Powers she had longed for, but only briefly. She did not need another way to kill. "I will tell secret... I think you will get superpowers. Become strong like magician. Perhaps you will not need to worry about mad hat robot if I die, with this."

The clone winked, an unusual gesture for her, but waved her hand towards the bottle as if imploring Ty Lee to proceed.
Kwangsoo looked at Ty Lee, in awe. Kwangsoo had "superpowers" during specials but it wasn't a real one. In front of Kwangsoo's eyes... was a real superpower.

"(How did you do that?)"

@Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @Verite

"Sssshhh. I do not know what you said."

Helena hushed Kwangsoo gently in the aftermath of his statement, looking at him blankly as one hand slowly moved up to his mouth to pinch and fiddle with his lip like it was broken.

@Yun Lee @Bomb @Verite @Plasmid party

As Evie was figuring out a way to put the tank to use, she kept thinking about what their new companion had said to her before shit hit the fan. "Something binds him here, something of importance". She had no idea what to think of something like that, but her mind was rushing to find what they were looking for.

"What do you mean, binds him here?" she cried out to the stranger, "The only thing important to Jack is the fear he causes, his legend, his fame... his image!" Still unsure of what exactly was happening, and what kind of daemons he was talking about, Evie thought out loud to try and help him find out what he was looking for.

"An artifact, something of import of his he prizes dearly. Perhaps like the mask!" I cried my reply to Evie. More and more it seemed that I was right on the money with my guess and I had invested a valuable opportunity in determining its worth, this guess of mine. The mask theoretically could represent the image of the man once known as Jack the Ripper. So was my thought and I admit freely that even the guesstimations of the Inquisition's talented agents aren't always right. I just prayed the God-Emperor beyond the veil would bequeath an ounce of benevolence in my endeavor.

@Ellya @DapperDogman @Ringmaster

• Useful
Reactions: DapperDogman

@DapperDogman @Ringmaster
"His letters?" Jacob suggests, continuing to swat at the flies as best he could, before tossing the gun back to Gregori, now fully loaded
"You know how to use it, I had ammo. I'm sure you can forgive the intrusion!" he shouts, before turning around and continuing to root through the cabinet

@Ellya
@Indolent
@Ringmaster

"Do not forget little hat bird."
Looking outside through the large window it would seem like they would Rapture proper at any moment now.

Before that could happen though the radio was once again hijacked by a certain someone.

"Hey kiddos, Handsome Jack here. So I just found out that the men I sent after you are mostly dead and the ones that aren't wishing that we were. Why couldn't you guys make this easy huh? For once I really wanted you damn scum to listen. But the problem is that YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN DO YOU?! Shit!"

They could hear Jack taking some deep breaths on the other side. "Heh, sorry about that, just going through a lot of stress lately. So I'm just going to say this. You're only delaying the inevitable. Sooner or later I will find you and you're going to die slowly and painfully. Talk to you later. Oh actually, if you want to start killing each other that would be awesome. I always need smart awesome people working with me in Rapture after all. Think about it."

With that the radio went silent. The room would suddenly shake violently as it crashed into the city of Rapture.

It was as if the entire room would break apart but as quickly as it started it subsided. The group would pull open the former elevator door and step outside. The sight's didn't look any better inside the city than it did inside that department store.

latest

"If my calculations are correct you should be in a place called Apollo Square." Caira replied through the radio. "You're here because I'm sending you to meet up with the Resistence fighting against Jack. Luckily we left you a little present near that trash heap next to the gate."

If they went to inspect it they would find a map among the debris as well as what seemed to be two wrist mounted items.

latest

"Right now you're in that little tunnel at the top. To get to the Resistance you need to flip two switches. One's located in Hestia Chambers and the other's located in Artemis Suites. Those watches will help point you in the right direction. Obviously this means you have to split up. I'll contact you guys again once you've flipped the switches. Really looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Be careful though. Splicers are everywhere." And so the radio went silent once again.

Symmetra would look over the map. "So who will go to which area?"

((Tag Ringmaster for Artemis Suite and tag Verite for Hestia Chambers))​

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @CCC Kouhai @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Jeremi @Ryu Keiko @Sen @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @york @Indolent. @Others
latest

When the group would traverse to the chambers, exploring through the dark corridors and forebodingly rusty walls, they would eventually come across a seemingly abandoned structure known as "Fontaine's Center for the Poor." Seeing as how the path seemed to lead there and only there, traversing forward looked like the only thing to do.

When you would venture inside, a number of sights would come across you. One of which was a desk with a number of interesting objects, another included a box with a keypad, and another door with a label that read "Power," presumably indicating that it led to the switch that they needed to get to.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Minerva @DBZ7 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh M @Hestia Chambers
He wondered briefly what he should say. Looking at her, like that as they sat next to each other. Many options flitted through his mind, before he finally settled on quietly.

"Its alright. I need you after all...And it does me good to see you healthy and prepared for anything."

He then watched as she moved to help the new child, smiling slightly before making his choice.

And rising up, he went to accompany the group heading for the Hestia Chambers.

Catching up to Spider-Gwen, he said with a wry smile.

"Once into the breach, yes?"

@Takumi @Verite

Lucifer headed to the door marked power, testing the door knob before opening it to peek inside, eyes bright and open to heat sources as he tried to use his more vampiric methods to track down any possible locals.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Minerva @DBZ7 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh M @Hestia Chambers

Meanwhile....

--------

latest

Artemis Suites was never meant to be the pinnacle of luxury; that honor was reserved for the apartments in neighboring district Olympus Heights. Rather, the Artemis was built on an economical and utilitarian basis. Its residents consisted primarily of the many working-class individuals who kept Rapture running. It is evident from the interior that the place was incredibly poor. Multiple families shared individual tenement-style apartments, and facilities like kitchens and bathrooms were communal. This stands in stark contrast to the spacious, luxurious, flats of Mercury Suites, and even those in The Sinclair Deluxe. Still, the establishment was in close proximity to the the tram lines, and this along with its own bathysphere station, meant the residents had better access to work than the unemployed in the slums at Pauper's Drop.

In theory, this would have been one of the many ways that Rapture would have moved merrily along, with little to worry on.

In theory.

Resentment and conflict were parts of the human condition that had never gone out of style though and in the riots to follow, the Artemis suites like the rest of the city fell into ruin. And as the party approached, they would know it by the following. There was an ashen taste to the air, a burning tram car by its entrance. Graffiti was everywhere, tags and emblems and strange pictures. Most prominent of all, was the painted picture of what looked like a skull spewing bugs from its gaping jaw. Perhaps a symbol of the predominant gang here, if such could be believed. But the most prominent sight is the one before them.

A corpse, that looked as though it was torn in two. A military looking figure in a black gasmask, cracked and ruined. One hand held a pistol-devoid of ammo now, the shells all around indicating his final stand. In his other hand, was a tape recorder. Another audio log which when played, would reveal the following.

*click*

ZTDzrFU.jpg

The sound of distant gunfire, screams and a guttural roar in the background would be heard, a contrast to the almost clinical voice of the figure speaking into the tape.

"I am Krieger-697, an Astra Millitium in the holy name of the God-Emperor. I and my squad was drawn to this Emperor-forsaken ruin beneath the sea, via means unknown to even our psyker attachment. Feeling it prudent to gain allies, we enlisted our aid to one of the two forces in this city. Foolish. As soldiers, we follow orders. I wonder now if we should have asked more questions. Why did our psyker commune so much with the witch? Why did we continually remove what supplies we had elsewhere? Betrayal was inevitable in this nest of vipers...I was only sorrowful it came from within. The drums...The drums in the deep have sounded and they will come. I am the last survivor of my squad and if any out there should find this, beware the drums. May the light of the Emperor sing me to my rest."

A roar louder echoes and then the sound of gunfire, loud and clear before being overlapped by screams is heard as the recording ends there.

*click*

@Gummi Bunnies @york @A Tiny Fool @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nater Taters @Artemis Suite​
He decided to proceed with caution and wait for more of these ungrateful hoboes to choose among them. Hopefully, if he was lucky, that impoverished fool who dared tried to attack him with a puny fork would meet an untimely demised, though he did feel pity for the instrument that would kill her.

Regardless, he took one of the watch like devices and moved over to Artemis Suits. At least that sounded more fancy.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Ryu Keiko @A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @DapperDogman @Chris Lang @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Ringmaster @Ellya @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9 @Artimus Suits

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"Oh hahaha, sarcastic replies rolled into indescribable hate for the one I'm talking to is my thing, kid. And the "Resistance"? You didn't see that but I was doing air quotes. The Resistance are just a bunch of terrorists ruining this fine city for me and the citizens I'm trying to protect. Newsflash! I'm not the bad guy here! They are! And you helping them makes you bad guys as well. I'm the hero here! I mean it's in the name. Handsome. Jack. Bad guys aren't handsome. They are vile and disgusting and smell like dirty feet! I'm none of those things!

I saved this city from being ripped apart the only way I could, by taking over! I'm the CEO of a company, I looked after an entire planet. A small city in the middle of the ocean? Pfft like taking candy from a baby! Which is actually really easy, I'm talking from experience here. Btw I'd totally want to meet you too! Just you know tell me where you are and I'll set up a nice play date! What do you say? Or...maaaybe you'll kill everyone in the group? You'd be my most favorite person in the whole world if you did that! I'd maybe even send you home! Now wouldn't that be nice?"

@DBZ7 @Atomyk @Josh M
7hwaDn0.png

"You saved this dump? If that's the case, then I'd hate to see what this place looked like pre-saving! Besides, you don't exactly have a demeanor that shouts "I save people!" like a hero, y'know, so forgive me if we're skeptical," Gwen responded, examining the decrepit building that they were all inside, "Know this, Ugly Jack; looks aren't everything. You can look as pretty all you want, but what counts is how vile and disgusting you are on the inside!"

"Also I dunno about the handsome guys can't be evil thing... Kylo Ren was kinda cute in that movie I saw recently..."

Still, try as she might have to maintain her cool while talking to the zealous Handsome Jack, Gwen's blood boiled a bit when the man from the other end of the radio would suggest that she kill everyone in the group in exchange for a ride home. This kind of monster who held little regard for human life... He had to be stopped!

After Peter died, she swore that as for as long as she could help it, nobody would die by her hand. And she was going to keep that promise, lest she disrespect his memory. She made a promise to herself that she would use her power for the benefit of good people, and if it meant defeating evil men like this, then she'd be more than okay with that!

"You can take that offer and stick it up where the sun don't shine, because if you think you know jack about me, then you've got another thing coming, Jack!" She exclaimed defiantly towards the man.

@Jeremi @DBZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.