Status
Not open for further replies.
"Are you implying that the skeletal remains are that of Scaramanga?"

Mystique paused. "It is still possible that Scaramanga was the one who killed the preacher. But if Scaramanga has also been killed, the question remains as to who -- or what -- killed him."

"And why would this Reyes know all about traitors?" Mystique asked, genuinely interested.

"At the moment, we have no idea if one of us is behind Scaramanga's disappearance or not. I suppose it is worth looking for more evidence while we wait for the other teams to return."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point
tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo3_100.png

"... it could be the skeletal remains, but for some reason, I don't think that is exactly Scaramanga. This pipe has been covered in blood, and if the skeleton body has been like that for awhile... something tells me that we have yet to find the actual body..."

It was pretty farfetched to even say that the skeletal remains was the man that they were deeming as missing, so Nier saw the possibility that his body has yet to be found does somewhat make more sense that the former.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @Fallback Point​

Most likely. But he couldn't help but look the angel's way and quip "It's good that you are unharmed." There was no warmth to Winslow's words. No sense of kinship. He was speaking as pragmatically as he could get. Samael seemed to be far more cunning than she let on. Given how many people had flocked to speak with her despite her profession and her mentality. But none of what Winslow wanted would have taken off without her. Like it or not, she'd been the one to answer his prayer to those above and so he'd have to take it. He certainly couldn't leave it. Once he said his bit to the angel, he turned towards Ty Lee.

"I apologize for the girl's behavior... No harm would have come to you. I would have made sure of it."

It was a flat faced lie and Winslow knew it. If Samael had wanted to, she likely could have cleaved both the cowboy and Ty Lee in half. There would have been little Winslow could have done to stop her, armed with only his knife. But after a display like that, it's likely the girl might have been a tad on edge. He knew he would have been had he been in her shoes at that moment. Hell, even confronting made him-a man cursed with immortality-wary.
She gave a small shrug. It seemed unlikely a device could really convey warmth anyway, but even if his voice had been normal Samael would've responded the same way.

"I don't think people like that can really hurt me anyway. If it's just stuff like that I can deflect it with my venom, a barrier, or my scythe, I think."
This girl really made Ty Lee feel uneasy. Something really creepy about someone who could switch from wanting to kill you one second to making small talk the next. And, as much as she hated to admit it, very familiar, too.

"Uh...yeah. No guns where I'm from. And e en then, cannons that don't rely on bending are still kinda rare." But thanks to today, no way was she ever gonna want to be near a gun again.
It seemed Samael didn't think much of accusing and threatening the girl as she just continued smiling at her. Though, clueless as to what Ty Lee meant by bending, a look of confusion spread across Samael's face. For all her years of living and all the worlds she'd visited, she'd never heard of a cannon that one needed to bend to operate.

wIxYcCP.png

"Huh, bending? Do you guys fold your cannons in half before firing them, or something?"
zqOhPXI.png

"Kana... Now might not be the time to pester him..."

ZLPqe7T.png

"C'mon kiddo... Lets go back to your new friends. We'll need to stick together after all..."

Lc3QJcS.png

"We got people to protect and cool stuff to find!"

YsuDyHM.png

"Like this glass shard! You ever see a glass shard this sharp...?" Keaton had spoken approaching Kana and 76 showing her a glass shard he had snatched early in the Bridal Shop.

@Sen @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hana @Crow @Crew+SoldierandAnyoneElseIMissed
"Looks like you were a little too late on the protecting thing huh?" she chuckled to herself, stealing a glance at Jesse's body.

@Hana @Sen @york @Crow @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Lissamel @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan @Fallback Point​

"God..." Faith stared at Kwangsoo in complete peculiar shock. "Thought you were dead..."

"A golden bullet..." Faith thought as she heard the new piece of information from Symmetra trying to figure out who killed Jesse. "Who would use golden bullets?"

@Bomb @Anyone???
"What?" Kwangsoo said. Even though he got out of there, having Faith say that showed how inexperience Kwangsoo was with this type of situation.

"You don't help?" Kwangsoo asked her.

@Yata @idk​

zqOhPXI.png

"Kana... Now might not be the time to pester him..."

ZLPqe7T.png

"C'mon kiddo... Lets go back to your new friends. We'll need to stick together after all..."

Lc3QJcS.png

"We got people to protect and cool stuff to find!"

YsuDyHM.png

"Like this glass shard! You ever see a glass shard this sharp...?" Keaton had spoken approaching Kana and 76 showing her a glass shard he had snatched early in the Bridal Shop.

@Sen @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hana @Crow @Crew+SoldierandAnyoneElseIMissed
UfhFJwc.png

"I was just trying to help... but okay..."

GfGgkLN.png

"I think the dresses are better than glass, heheh. Keaton, you should go wear one!" The idea of the Wolfskin running around wearing one of those dresses in the encampment scaring goodness knows who - probably his fellow Nohrians and Kaden - was funny to the dragon girl.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Are you implying that the skeletal remains are that of Scaramanga?"

Mystique paused. "It is still possible that Scaramanga was the one who killed the preacher. But if Scaramanga has also been killed, the question remains as to who -- or what -- killed him."

"And why would this Reyes know all about traitors?" Mystique asked, genuinely interested.

"At the moment, we have no idea if one of us is behind Scaramanga's disappearance or not. I suppose it is worth looking for more evidence while we wait for the other teams to return."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

"That story ain't mine to tell. He was a piece of shit, and I'll leave it at that."

@Chris Lang

Reactions: Chris Lang
She gave a small shrug. It seemed unlikely a device could really convey warmth anyway, but even if his voice had been normal Samael would've responded the same way.

"I don't think people like that can really hurt me anyway. If it's just stuff like that I can deflect it with my venom, a barrier, or my scythe, I think."

It seemed Samael didn't think much of accusing and threatening the girl as she just continued smiling at her. Though, clueless as to what Ty Lee meant by bending, a look of confusion spread across Samael's face. For all her years of living and all the worlds she'd visited, she'd never heard of a cannon that one needed to bend to operate.

wIxYcCP.png

"Huh, bending? Do you guys fold your cannons in half before firing them, or something?"

"Looks like you were a little too late on the protecting thing huh?" she chuckled to herself, stealing a glance at Jesse's body.

@Hana @Sen @york @Crow @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Lissamel @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan @Fallback Point​
FX91Rir.png

"Tch... Don't remind me..."
UfhFJwc.png

"I was just trying to help... but okay..."

GfGgkLN.png

"I think the dresses are better than glass, heheh. Keaton, you should go wear one!" The idea of the Wolfskin running around wearing one of those dresses in the encampment scaring goodness knows who - probably his fellow Nohrians and Kaden - was funny to the dragon girl.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point​
zqOhPXI.png

"A dress... I dunno Kana..." he didn't seem on board with the idea.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Maybe i'll go back and snag two of them.. So we can put Kaden in one too!" anything to keep Kana smiling...

@Hana @Sen @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Takumi @Fallback Point

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"What?" Kwangsoo said. Even though he got out of there, having Faith say that showed how inexperience Kwangsoo was with this type of situation.

"You don't help?" Kwangsoo asked her.

@Yata @idk​

"Sorry," Faith replied, ruffling her hair. "I thought you were able to catch up, well next time we run into that situation you're running in front of me."

That was so that Faith will be able to keep and eye on Kwangsoo.

"But then who are you anyway?" Faith asked, narrowing her eyes.

@Bomb @PEEPS

FX91Rir.png

"Tch... Don't remind me..."

zqOhPXI.png

"A dress... I dunno Kana..." he didn't seem on board with the idea.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Maybe i'll go back and snag two of them.. So we can put Kaden in one too!" anything to keep Kana smiling...

@Hana @Sen @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Takumi @Fallback Point
VU8OHAT.png

Her eyes sparkled. Kaden was a very... clean person. She remembered him telling Keaton to clean his tail, once. "Can you imagine a ghost with a fluffy tail? Wowee! Everyone is going to have fun chasing it!"

"I hope Kiragi doesn't accidentally hurt him..."

@Crow @Hana @Fallback Point​

• Love
Reactions: Crimson Spartan
tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo3_100.png

"... it could be the skeletal remains, but for some reason, I don't think that is exactly Scaramanga. This pipe has been covered in blood, and if the skeleton body has been like that for awhile... something tells me that we have yet to find the actual body..."

It was pretty farfetched to even say that the skeletal remains was the man that they were deeming as missing, so Nier saw the possibility that his body has yet to be found does somewhat make more sense that the former.

@Chris Lang @Fallback Point​
"I will admit that it seems a stretch that the skeletal remains are that of Scaramanga. But I have seen many strange things." Mystique said.

mystique1.png
"Some of you -- such as Gwen Poole -- have already heard of me. I am Mystique, and I am a mutant. On my world, several people are born with mutant powers that manifest themselves during adolescence. Mine is the power of shapeshifting."

With that, Mystique changed shape. She assumed the form of Emma Frost.

emmafrost.jpg
"I can even imitate people's voices as well as their forms." she continued. "However, my powers are limited only to humans. But I can do all races and genders."

She shifted again, to the form of Captain America.

captainamerica1.jpg
"And I can imitate their costumes as well. Though I can't duplicate any of their special abilities."

She shifted again, to the form of Sheba from Battlestar Galactica.

sheba1.png
"And I can do fictional characters as well."

She then shifted back to her normal appearance of a blue-skinned redheaded woman.

Mystique1.png

"The mutants of my world have many different powers. They can cover things in ice, set things ablaze, steal another's powers, shoot red beams from their eyes, turn their bodies to metal, or control the weather."

"Seeing what I have seen in my world, and being who I am, I know anything is possible. We are dealing with mysterious powers here - one capable of causing walls to appear behind doors, and causing mannequins to attack us."

"Furthermore, we are all strangers to each other, and we do not know what everyone else is capable of. I did not know that the one little girl ... I believe was Kana ... could transform into a dragon until I saw it happen."

"So, I believe we should be honest and open about our abilities. We must not keep any of our abilities secret."

She paused. "We should also investigate the skeleton, and see if it seems shiny or recent. If it appears to be old, then we can rule out it being that of Scaramanga, unless whoever did this has the power to age bones as well."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @FallBack Point

"I will admit that it seems a stretch that the skeletal remains are that of Scaramanga. But I have seen many strange things." Mystique said.

mystique1.png
"Some of you -- such as Gwen Poole -- have already heard of me. I am Mystique, and I am a mutant. On my world, several people are born with mutant powers that manifest themselves during adolescence. Mine is the power of shapeshifting."

emmafrost.jpg
"I can even imitate people's voices as well as their forms." she continued. "However, my powers are limited only to humans. But I can do all races and genders."

captainamerica1.jpg
"And I can imitate their costumes as well. Though I can't duplicate any of their special abilities."

She shifted again, to the form of Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

faith.jpg

She then shifted back to her normal appearance of a blue-skinned redheaded woman.

Mystique1.png

"The mutants of my world have many different powers. They can cover things in ice, set things ablaze, steal another's powers, shoot red beams from their eyes, turn their bodies to metal, or control the weather."

"Seeing what I have seen in my world, and being who I am, I know anything is possible. We are dealing with mysterious powers here - one capable of causing walls to appear behind doors, and causing mannequins to attack us."

"Furthermore, we are all strangers to each other, and we do not know what everyone else is capable of. I did not know that the one little girl ... I believe was Kana ... could transform into a dragon until I saw it happen."

"So, I believe we should be honest and open about our abilities. We must not keep any of our abilities secret."

She paused. "We should also investigate the skeleton, and see if it seems shiny or recent. If it appears to be old, then we can rule out it being that of Scaramanga, unless whoever did this has the power to age bones as well."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @FallBack Point

Although Faith listened to Mystique, she couldn't help but to be a bit wary of her. Shapeshifting...that's the perfect power for deceiving. But she brushed off that thought aside, as Faith got the gut instincts that Mystique wasn't the type to just kill out of cold blood.

"Then can anyone identify the bones?" Faith asked, hoping someone was able to do so.

@Bomb @Chris Lang @PEEPS

Although Faith listened to Mystique, she couldn't help but to be a bit wary of her. Shapeshifting...that's the perfect power for deceiving. But she brushed off that thought aside, as Faith got the gut instincts that Mystique wasn't the type to just kill out of cold blood.

"Then can anyone identify the bones?" Faith asked, hoping someone was able to do so.

@Bomb @Chris Lang @PEEPS
"Even if we can't confirm the identity of the bones, we can learn from examining them closely." Mystique said. "If the bones are shiny, then it means that until recently, there was still meat on them, meaning this was a very recent kill. If the bones are not shiny, then they have been here far too long to be those of our missing suspect."

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Vanille watched Mystique in amazement. The woman's power of being able to shapshift into other beings... it was something the young woman had ever imagined she'd see. Well, from what Mystique had said... they had to be honest with their abilities. So, why not?

Vanille then spoke, "Well, I... I am able to use magic."

tumblr_inline_o9hs7aJErH1sp0qi5_500.png

"I'm able to summon fire, water, wind, thunder, and ice. I would never abuse the powers that were bestowed upon me. Promise."

@Chris Lang @othersi'mlazybye

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers

mystique1.png

emmafrost.jpg

captainamerica1.jpg

sheba1.png

Mystique1.png

tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo4_100.png

"... as for abilities, I have nothing more than the skills of wielding a sword and knowing how to hunt on me... For a time I was able to wield magic, but I do say "was" as the very thing that allowed me to wield magic is not present with me."

Nier would reveal the details of what he could do, supposing that it would help narrow down the list of suspects to have done the killing, because it was near certain that there had to be another person involved in this scenario.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @FallBack Point​

"Sorry," Faith replied, ruffling her hair. "I thought you were able to catch up, well next time we run into that situation you're running in front of me."

That was so that Faith will be able to keep and eye on Kwangsoo.

"But then who are you anyway?" Faith asked, narrowing her eyes.

@Bomb @PEEPS

@Bomb @Chris Lang @PEEPS
"I'm Lee Kwang Soo. You- you know. Asia Prince. Running Man. Good show." Kwangsoo tried to explain who he was to Faith, despite his English skills.

@Yata

"I'm Lee Kwang Soo. You- you know. Asia Prince. Running Man. Good show." Kwangsoo tried to explain who he was to Faith, despite his English skills.

@Yata

Asia Prince? Running man? "No...I don't know..." Faith answered with a quizzical look on her face. Could he be a runner too?
"What's that show about?"

"But nice to meet you," Faith nodded, still confused.

"Even if we can't confirm the identity of the bones, we can learn from examining them closely." Mystique said. "If the bones are shiny, then it means that until recently, there was still meat on them, meaning this was a very recent kill. If the bones are not shiny, then they have been here far too long to be those of our missing suspect."

Faith then turned back at Mystique and nodded, before having a closer inspection at the bones. "Doesn't seem too old from the looks of it, but I don't know"

@Bomb @Chris Lang @PEEPS

Asia Prince? Running man? "No...I don't know..." Faith answered with a quizzical look on her face. Could he be a runner too?
"What's that show about?"

"But nice to meet you," Faith nodded, still confused.
"Very popular show. In Korea. I'm... popular. Hallyu. Hallyu."

Looks like Kwangsoo is overestimating his popularity :|

@Yata

"Very popular show. In Korea. I'm... popular. Hallyu. Hallyu."

Looks like Kwangsoo is overestimating his popularity :|

@Yata

iPlzNRf.webp

"I've lived in Asia my whole life, and I've never heard of you. Not a single mention in any magazines I've read," Mirei states.

@mobilepost @Bomb @Yata @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan

The guy in the bird suit seemed nice. A little crazy, but nice. Plus sometimes crazy was cool!

"It's okay! I'm just glad there aren't more dead people around-including me!"
jLkkXTv.jpg

Winslow was surprised by the reaction Ty Lee had to him. She seemed to recover rather quickly from what had just happened. Which he supposed was for the better. Samael could take care of herself that much was certain. But he wasn't sure the same could have been said for those who incurred the angel's wrath. Or not even her wrath, just her general boredom it seemed like. Even Winslow didn't want to get on her bad side. Which given how quickly Samael could go from threatening to holding a casual conversation? It was hard to judge whether or not you got under her skin. Though, at the very least he could tell she wasn't a fan of being called demented or crazy.

He wondered if it ever occurred to her that pointing a weapon at someone and then engaging them in conversation could have been seen as crazy. After a moment's thought, he scolded himself for thinking of such a foolish notation as no, she most definitely did not.

But that wasn't what surprised Winslow the most. She didn't seem uneasy around him like some of the other girls had been. One of them even went as far as to claim he was an oni of some variety! He may have been disfigured, he may have lost his voice, the woman of his dreams! But by god-if there was one-he was still human, damn it!

"...Be that as it may, still felt like an apology was in order. I'm Winslow Leach. Don't believe I caught your name."

JIc4txY.jpg

"...I see. That's good."

The reaction was about what he had expected to receive. Didn't waste any time beating around the proverbial bush. Shrugged off Winslow's apparent concerns and went right back into conversation. He wasn't disappointed in the slightest. This is how the others should have seen the angel. As a being with powers beyond their own and one they should tread lightly around. That wasn't to say there weren't moments where Winslow let his temper get the better of him while he was around her. When she first appeared to answer Winslow's prayer, the phantom was understandably furious when she claimed that she'd help him!

But only if she felt like it. Upset with how lackadaisical his apparent 'savior' was supposed to be, Winslow snapped and called Samael's actions 'un-angelike.' But Samael at that moment decided to drop the childish facade and asked him an honest question.

"What do you think angels are like?"

Truth be told Winslow had no idea. He'd never really been that religious growing up. He was always too absorbed in music to give much notice to anything like that. Even church services just felt like things he did and than was it. He never really gave much thought to the idea of being so down on his luck that he had to pray for a solution. But if Swan was the devil then there had to have been a counterbalance right? There had to be someone he could ask to help him! Someone who could be the one thing in Winslow's life that didn't go south. So, he prayed and hoped he'd be given something to help solve his problems.

Instead he got Samael appearing in his room and playing on his keyboard. Had he just known that Samael just so happened to be in the area rather than having been sent down to guide Winslow/help him, it might have broken the poor man more than he already was. Truthfully, the thought did cross Winslow's mind at one point but he quickly brushed it aside. Life couldn't have been so callous that all his prayers amounted to was chatter that someone walking on their way happened to pick up was it? That if Samael had simply taken a left turn then he'd still have nothing. But he already had enough problems. He didn't need another reason to be so self-loathing.

"...Perhaps it's for the best that the enemy has fled. You spit enough venom as it is."

Was it a joke? Probably. Winslow had to admit that it was somewhat amusing to see something bother Samael. Though the expense it came at varied. Being knocked to the ground by something that resembled a little girl didn't exactly look great for Winslow.
MiBhIo1.jpg

Winslow hadn't heard exactly what Samael had said. Conversations were being held all over the place. But he still picked up bits and pieces here and there. Ones that sounded pleasant to his ears. Others that didn't like hearing that man with the doglike features going on about how he had people to protect. An admirable sentiment if a bit too heroic sounding for Winslow's tastes. He didn't hold any great ambitions to become some kind of caped crusader who took down villains left and right. Winslow only adopted the Phantom persona so he didn't have to face the disfigurements that Swan's actions left him with and to better help hide from the law given that Winslow Leach was considered dead.

But while he may not have heard what the angel had said, he could tell that it was likely something that would have angered him. Given the way she seemed to be looking at Jesse's corpse after the dog boy's words hit the breeze. She had already made him pay for doing something she found irksome. Now, Winslow supposed it was time to return the favor. Clenching his hand into a fist but opening it just as quickly, Winslow gave Samael a swift slap to the back of the head.

Sure, his haunting appearance combined with Samael's outward appearance might have made it look worse than it had been. But Winslow hadn't been thinking of the consequences, he'd been thinking of how even for someone who could have ended him in a instant shouldn't just be let off the hook.

"Mind yourself, Angel of Death."
o, I believe we should be honest and open about our abilities. We must not keep any of our abilities secret."
SGEdK5Y.jpg

Regardless of the reaction Samael had, Winslow turned his attention towards Mystique as she asked the others what they could do. Winslow debated trying to go in depth about his curse. But giving the whole spiel again after he'd explained it to that Sean kid didn't sit well with the Phantom. Hence, why he merely shrugged his shoulders.

"If it's worth anything. I can't die. Not while I'm under contract at least. After that goes?" Winslow tapped his chest. "Then I think I'll be on my way." If the two stabs to the heart hadn't already sealed his fate, the gruesome multitude of injuries he had acquired while fighting the splicers certainly did."Other than that, I don't really have anything worth much of note. I could write a song if you think it'd help." The composer remarked sardonically as he waited to see what the others would have said. He certainly didn't have the ability to reduce someone to bones. Though with someone like Scaramanga, Winslow wished he did.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Fallback Boiz

iPlzNRf.webp

"I've lived in Asia my whole life, and I've never heard of you. Not a single mention in any magazines I've read," Mirei states.

@mobilepost @Bomb @Yata @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan

"Eh?" Kwangsoo said. He was sad that he wasn't known by this girl. "Come on. I, very popular. Asia Prince. Vietnam." Kwangsoo tried to convince the girl before her that he was indeed, popular.

@Yata @Crow

wIxYcCP.png

latest

Finished with healing Samael, the witch smiled happily at her. "Should be good as new," Wadanohara said once more, in a reassuring tone. She left the angel to her own doings, now turning to look at the figure who had approached them and the other girl, Ty Lee. When she saw him, her smile faltered slightly. He was the one who had been grieving about the dead man so much. It wasn't as if she didn't hear his earlier howls and laughter. Where others heard anger in every strain of his voice, all the young witch saw was grief. A grieving man.
latest

He was conversing with Samael, telling the girl that they were probably some sort of friends with each other. Approaching him without hesitation, Wadanohara craned her neck up to peer at Winslow. "Are there any injuries you'd like me to heal?" As with handling a crying Kana, the sea witch's voice and face showed nothing but gentleness. There was no ulterior motive or even a selfish intent hidden in her words, and she had to show that transparency to the people if they wanted to trust her. And she really did want them to entrust caring for them to her. Glancing at Samael, she continued with a kind smile, "I have healed Miss Samael as well."

mystique1.png

emmafrost.jpg

captainamerica1.jpg

sheba1.png

Mystique1.png

jLkkXTv.jpg

Winslow was surprised by the reaction Ty Lee had to him. She seemed to recover rather quickly from what had just happened. Which he supposed was for the better. Samael could take care of herself that much was certain. But he wasn't sure the same could have been said for those who incurred the angel's wrath. Or not even her wrath, just her general boredom it seemed like. Even Winslow didn't want to get on her bad side. Which given how quickly Samael could go from threatening to holding a casual conversation? It was hard to judge whether or not you got under her skin. Though, at the very least he could tell she wasn't a fan of being called demented or crazy.

He wondered if it ever occurred to her that pointing a weapon at someone and then engaging them in conversation could have been seen as crazy. After a moment's thought, he scolded himself for thinking of such a foolish notation as no, she most definitely did not.

But that wasn't what surprised Winslow the most. She didn't seem uneasy around him like some of the other girls had been. One of them even went as far as to claim he was an oni of some variety! He may have been disfigured, he may have lost his voice, the woman of his dreams! But by god-if there was one-he was still human, damn it!

"...Be that as it may, still felt like an apology was in order. I'm Winslow Leach. Don't believe I caught your name."

JIc4txY.jpg

"...I see. That's good."

The reaction was about what he had expected to receive. Didn't waste any time beating around the proverbial bush. Shrugged off Winslow's apparent concerns and went right back into conversation. He wasn't disappointed in the slightest. This is how the others should have seen the angel. As a being with powers beyond their own and one they should tread lightly around. That wasn't to say there weren't moments where Winslow let his temper get the better of him while he was around her. When she first appeared to answer Winslow's prayer, the phantom was understandably furious when she claimed that she'd help him!

But only if she felt like it. Upset with how lackadaisical his apparent 'savior' was supposed to be, Winslow snapped and called Samael's actions 'un-angelike.' But Samael at that moment decided to drop the childish facade and asked him an honest question.

"What do you think angels are like?"

Truth be told Winslow had no idea. He'd never really been that religious growing up. He was always too absorbed in music to give much notice to anything like that. Even church services just felt like things he did and than was it. He never really gave much thought to the idea of being so down on his luck that he had to pray for a solution. But if Swan was the devil then there had to have been a counterbalance right? There had to be someone he could ask to help him! Someone who could be the one thing in Winslow's life that didn't go south. So, he prayed and hoped he'd be given something to help solve his problems.

Instead he got Samael appearing in his room and playing on his keyboard. Had he just known that Samael just so happened to be in the area rather than having been sent down to guide Winslow/help him, it might have broken the poor man more than he already was. Truthfully, the thought did cross Winslow's mind at one point but he quickly brushed it aside. Life couldn't have been so callous that all his prayers amounted to was chatter that someone walking on their way happened to pick up was it? That if Samael had simply taken a left turn then he'd still have nothing. But he already had enough problems. He didn't need another reason to be so self-loathing.

"...Perhaps it's for the best that the enemy has fled. You spit enough venom as it is."

Was it a joke? Probably. Winslow had to admit that it was somewhat amusing to see something bother Samael. Though the expense it came at varied. Being knocked to the ground by something that resembled a little girl didn't exactly look great for Winslow.

MiBhIo1.jpg

Winslow hadn't heard exactly what Samael had said. Conversations were being held all over the place. But he still picked up bits and pieces here and there. Ones that sounded pleasant to his ears. Others that didn't like hearing that man with the doglike features going on about how he had people to protect. An admirable sentiment if a bit too heroic sounding for Winslow's tastes. He didn't hold any great ambitions to become some kind of caped crusader who took down villains left and right. Winslow only adopted the Phantom persona so he didn't have to face the disfigurements that Swan's actions left him with and to better help hide from the law given that Winslow Leach was considered dead.

But while he may not have heard what the angel had said, he could tell that it was likely something that would have angered him. Given the way she seemed to be looking at Jesse's corpse after the dog boy's words hit the breeze. She had already made him pay for doing something she found irksome. Now, Winslow supposed it was time to return the favor. Clenching his hand into a fist but opening it just as quickly, Winslow gave Samael a swift slap to the back of the head.

Sure, his haunting appearance combined with Samael's outward appearance might have made it look worse than it had been. But Winslow hadn't been thinking of the consequences, he'd been thinking of how even for someone who could have ended him in a instant shouldn't just be let off the hook.

"Mind yourself, Angel of Death."

SGEdK5Y.jpg

Regardless of the reaction Samael had, Winslow turned his attention towards Mystique as she asked the others what they could do. Winslow debated trying to go in depth about his curse. But giving the whole spiel again after he'd explained it to that Sean kid didn't sit well with the Phantom. Hence, why he merely shrugged his shoulders.

"If it's worth anything. I can't die. Not while I'm under contract at least. After that goes?" Winslow tapped his chest. "Then I think I'll be on my way." If the two stabs to the heart hadn't already sealed his fate, the gruesome multitude of injuries he had acquired while fighting the splicers certainly did."Other than that, I don't really have anything worth much of note. I could write a song if you think it'd help." The composer remarked sardonically as he waited to see what the others would have said. He certainly didn't have the ability to reduce someone to bones. Though with someone like Scaramanga, Winslow wished he did.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Fallback Boiz

latest

Hearing Mystique ask them of their abilities, Wadanohara blinked as she heard what the others were capable of. She pursed her lips at hearing Winslow's honest admission of his ability, eyes flickering to the masked man's form. "Um, Miss Mystique." The witch called out in a small voice. "I'm a sea witch, so sea and water magic are my specialty." She trailed off hesitantly, a worried look crossing her face. Since Mystique wanted her honesty... "But I can only defend and heal us in the meantime." Her abilities had been compromised in some way or another. It could be this place, or it could be what happened back before she came to here.

@Crow @Sen @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Chris Lang @people at fallback?

Status
Not open for further replies.