• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You ask another dumb question like that, you'll be eating the floor" Jacob doesn't know what Amazon is, nor does he care. That bullet was being made into a sick custom gold tooth, yo!​
bAs4dvx.jpg

"O-okay."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
7%2BRole%2BChanges%2Bon%2BRunning%2BMan%2B(12).jpg

"EHH?" Kwangsoo said in surprise, as he and Faith tried to run away from the splicers...

"Wait... miss!" Kwangsoo said, after traveling back the long way, since there is no chance he was going to parkour.

That was when he saw the dead body of Jesse.

"He is dead?" Kwangsoo said in shock, not wanting to believe it.

00f947fc4e11d586af0005c4b9920acf.jpg

@Yata @EVERYONE ELSE LIKE SO MANY TAGS​

"God..." Faith stared at Kwangsoo in complete peculiar shock. "Thought you were dead..."

The choir director would quiet down the others as he turned to face Jesse and Scaramanga with a smile. "Oh hello there, you must've joined at our last stop, cause I've never seen you two before! Oh, you're looking for the monarch and the doctor? They are awfully busy, but if you want to catch a glimpse of them you got to go to the house of the fallen prophet."

@Cromartie Sarkissian @The Tactician

Nothing close to the skeleton seemed to be out of the ordinary. Further away though while investigating not out of place considering what had just transpired here Nier would spot what appeared to be a pipe with blood on it laying on the other side of the room.

"No I never said I was doctor. I'm an architect, it was Custer who-" And it was at that point she spotted the body of Jesse laying on the floor. She'd gasp out in shook at the sight of it. "But...how is this possible?"

She'd drop the audio log she was holding from her grasp as she made her way towards the body. Kneeling down she'd give him a look over. "I-I suppose I could create a scalpel out of hard light but I don't feel right with-"

Jacob poking and prodding inside the skull was too much for Symmetra and she would quickly get up to her feet and return to where she dropped the audio log. Thinking it would distract her from what was happening she would press play on the log titled Forbidden Fruit.

As the audio log clicked to a halt so would Jacob be by pulling out the bullet. A quick clean up in a nearby pool of water would reveal that the bullet was made out of gold.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @Jeremi @A Tiny Fool @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @ShiroKiyoshi @Fallback Point

"A golden bullet..." Faith thought as she heard the new piece of information from Symmetra trying to figure out who killed Jesse. "Who would use golden bullets?"

@Bomb @Anyone???

bAs4dvx.jpg

"O-okay."

"Scavengers, have you no shame?" Symmetra said to the group with much tranquil fury in her voice. "One, possibly two men have been killed and you all grasp towards some shiny trinket? Hyenas, vultures, that's what you are." In this state Symmetra was none to mince words. She was afraid she'd explode if she opened her mouth one more time so instead she bit her tongue and let the fools do whatever.

Her order was shattering all around them, and she wasn't sure if she was able to mend it.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi C.T. @DapperDogman @Fallback Point

Fallen prophet, huh? Wonder what Jesus was up to get booted...

"Uh, yeah, we joined at the last stop... Anyways, nice to meet you all, thank you, and good luck with your singin'," Jess replied with a smile before turning to walk away. They seemed nice enough singers, both in personality and actual talent, but he didn't want to overstay their welcome any longer than they had to. The preacher didn't know about Scaramanga, but he wanted to get his questions answered and his afterlife accommodations sorted.

However, he paused after a moment when he realized he had forgotten one important detail and looked back, "If you don't mind one last question, could you point us in the right direction of that house you mentioned? Still tryin' to learn where everything is, you know how it is."

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Jeremi

"Oh there should be a hover bus arriving in a bit. Just follow that path into the Town Center and you'll find a bus stop soon enough! Also you two, hope you'll find a new life here in Columbia!"

Lady%20Bow%20Wary_zpsvvtcmlz6.png

Well, it seemed Bow's expertise in hiding kept her safe from a nasty crossfire. Casually breaking her invisibility some ways away from the main group, she found herself struggling to keep up with everyone...in more ways than one. She nary had any time to admire any one location the collective entered before they sped off to the next, everyone of them so focused on one task or another. This time, it seemed to be the deaths of two members of their party.

Herself, however? Bow had no connection to either of the victims, nor anyone else here for that matter, save for a quick discussion with a Jacob and Evie Frye. Nonetheless, the casualties looked to slow down the group a good amount, and kept their attention well enough that Bow could pretty much do whatever she wanted around the place away from prying eyes. Even when Bow wasn't physically hidden from the naked eye, she still had a knack for going invisible, it seemed. The perks of being a spirit, eh?

Lady Bow decided to explore the fallback point and beyond on her own.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Verite @Ringmaster @Josh M

Reactions: Josh M
"God..." Faith stared at Kwangsoo in complete peculiar shock. "Thought you were dead..."

"A golden bullet..." Faith thought as she heard the new piece of information from Symmetra trying to figure out who killed Jesse. "Who would use golden bullets?"

@Bomb @Anyone???
"Scaramanga, the man with the golden gun. Who, up until now, I thought was just a villain from one of those absurd James Bond films." Mystique replied.

@Bomb @Sen @C.T. @Everyone

pDOgmWT.jpg

"Do not threaten ghetto marshmallow."

@DapperDogman
"Ghetto Marshmall-?" shaking his head, Jacob sighs deeply "If you're not going to give me back the gun, then the least you can do is let me do what I will with the bullet used to kill the man I gifted it to"
"If you're both done being selfish, we should see about disposing of the preacher's corpse. I don't like the idea of that kid coming back and cleaving his head off" he says, addressing the group as a whole now "Has anyone found anywhere we might bury, or at least cremate the poor soul?"

As he speaks, he draws a silken handkerchief from his pocket, dabbing it in the blood of the preacher for a second, he sighs "I'd say something really touching right about now, but I'm not one for that sort of thing"

@C.T.
@OrlandoBloomers
@Ellya

"Scavengers, have you no shame?" Symmetra said to the group with much tranquil fury in her voice. "One, possibly two men have been killed and you all grasp towards some shiny trinket? Hyenas, vultures, that's what you are." In this state Symmetra was none to mince words. She was afraid she'd explode if she opened her mouth one more time so instead she bit her tongue and let the fools do whatever.

Her order was shattering all around them, and she wasn't sure if she was able to mend it.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi C.T. @DapperDogman @Fallback Point

"Oh there should be a hover bus arriving in a bit. Just follow that path into the Town Center and you'll find a bus stop soon enough! Also you two, hope you'll find a new life here in Columbia!"

"Alright then, thanks for the help," Well, at that last part about a 'new life' was a little... Jesse wasn't sure what he would call it, but it was strange. However, he could only shrug it off for now and focus on what they had to do, namely finding out what the hell this place was (along with getting his answers). "Alright, Francisco, hurry up or I'm leavin' ya behind," Whether or not the gunman followed him, the preacher didn't exactly care as he walked towards the Town Center to sit his ass down and wait for that 'hover bus' the director had mentioned.

Winslow and Helena got a courteous nod to their words and planned actions. Clare got a bit more, Lucifer glancing over his shoulder at her, an unreadable look in his eyes before 76 spoke.

He frowned.

"It sounds atypical. Most cults rise as a way to cope in apocalyptic settings. Either around a charismatic leader, power or both. From you described I'm leaning towards both."

He imagined how it happened. The lights first, gunfire and fear tactics. He stared at the burning bits yet smoldering and sighed out.

Yes, that sounded like a perfect opportunity to kill.

"Thank you. You've been most helpful, put perhaps you can assist me one more time? Describe in your own words, the first three people you think of. Whoever pops first into your head."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

Clare would return his look with her own, unwavering one. She didn't say anything for the moment, just studied him while listening to the two as they conversed for now.

@Ringmaster @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Hana @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Chris Lang @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anybody I'm missing

"Scaramanga, the man with the golden gun. Who, up until now, I thought was just a villain from one of those absurd James Bond films." Mystique replied.

@Bomb @Sen @C.T. @Everyone

Faith stared at the lady with the blue skin. "Scaramanga, you mean the man that went missing?" She asked back rhetorically. "Golden gun, Golden bullet...you might be onto something here."

"But then what are we going to do when we find Scaramanga?"

@Chris Lang @Bomb @PEEPS

Yvmsfn4.png

Carol's face when she waitin' for that generator door to open.

@NO ONE : (​

Helena had nothing to say, having already wandered off, thoughtfully playing with the deceased preacher's lighter in her hands as she walked. She liked Jesse, but dead body was dead body. She would not worry about what happened to bone and meat while his killer lived.

Though if someone looted the Apple Jacks there would be problem.

@C.T. @DapperDogman @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Faith stared at the lady with the blue skin. "Scaramanga, you mean the man that went missing?" She asked back rhetorically. "Golden gun, Golden bullet...you might be onto something here."

"But then what are we going to do when we find Scaramanga?"

@Chris Lang @Bomb @PEEPS
photo.jpg

"Hate to break it to you guys, but we're not finding that guy" he says, pointing to the spot where he'd found the golden gun "His footprints end there, and there's no further sign of him that I can find"
"Unless he got pulled through the barricade, he's just up and disappeared, leaving his flashy shooter behind"

"If anyone can help find further trace of him, I'd be glad to help from there. But as is? That's the last spot I can trace him to"

@Yata
@Chris Lang
@Bomb
@Ellya
@Gummi Bunnies
@Whoever Cares​

photo.jpg

"Hate to break it to you guys, but we're not finding that guy" he says, pointing to the spot where he'd found the golden gun "His footprints end there, and there's no further sign of him that I can find"
"Unless he got pulled through the barricade, he's just up and disappeared, leaving his flashy shooter behind"

"If anyone can help find further trace of him, I'd be glad to help from there. But as is? That's the last spot I can trace him to"
mystique1.png
"There is some powerful force at work here. I would be surprised if ADAM-crazed lunatics were capable of creating the darkness, animating store mannequins, and causing the disappearance of Scaramanga."

Mystique paused, as the full implications came to her. "We are facing an enemy we know next to nothing about. An enemy that is capable of all that I have said, and more. Strange German messages, making doors disappear and be replaced with brick walls, and possibly even bringing us here in the first place."

"We had best stay together. But even then, there are no guarantees."

Reactions: Takumi
Skyla would duck behind a column as well. She recalled Swanna as she did so. "This is getting insane!" She said to Niko, Scott, and Houston. "I'm going to change strategy! Keep firing!" One of Houston's bullets would hit the Splicer, and it would react in anger. "This isn't some show on the Tell-e-vision! THIS IS LIFE!" It screeched at the crowd attacking it. It aimed at the column Skyla was behind opening its back to Niko.

the two splicers at the Information desk look up at Oswald. "Damn customers! Ruining my nice set up!" the lead one shouted. It let out a loud screech, which angered the other one.

All of a sudden, a loud banging in the vents above the Electronics Department could be heard. Then, two Splicers fell from unseen areas. One wore workboots and work gear, the others wore the masks and torn dresses the other splicers in the room had.

"I'VE COME TO JUDGE YOU!" the one in work gear shouted. It clutched a pipe, the other two clutched wrenches. Where they got them is beyond me.

This was just made a lot harder.

@Lissamel @Yang Lee @Xx420BLAXEITxX @Nater Taters @LuckycoolHawk9

After raiding the desk for all available information, (and desecrating a corpse. For shame!), you enter the Test-Drive room.

Several supplies appear to have been stockpiled here. Unfortunately, it appears to have been ransacked. Crates lay broken open, sacks lay burst with their contents spilled all over the floor, and guns seemed to be missing from the gun rack. If you dug around, you might find something still usable, but it appears to have been picked completely clean.

latest

1959 Model bathyspheres are around the area, looking nice, and untouched. Ads talk about them saying things like "Get your wife a surprise!" and "Make your kid's birthday one to remember." Kind of generic advertisements. Making your way through the eerily quiet display area, you find a door at the back labelled Employees Only. It seems likely a generator would be back there. A Red 1959 Model sits right next to it. Its door is open.

@Atomyk @Krieg @Josh M @Raven @Test-Drive

Reactions: Josh M
"Alright then, thanks for the help," Well, at that last part about a 'new life' was a little... Jesse wasn't sure what he would call it, but it was strange. However, he could only shrug it off for now and focus on what they had to do, namely finding out what the hell this place was (along with getting his answers). "Alright, Francisco, hurry up or I'm leavin' ya behind," Whether or not the gunman followed him, the preacher didn't exactly care as he walked towards the Town Center to sit his ass down and wait for that 'hover bus' the director had mentioned.

After exiting the garden they would find a quaint picturesque town open up before them. If Rapture had been only doom and gloom this city was bustling with life. Though the clothes one the people walking past you seemed even older than the ones you had seen in Rapture. If you were a betting man you would place the clothes and the architecture around the middle of the 1800s.

Though you found it peculiar that there seemed to be so much open sky all around you, where was this city actually located? As you looked around though you would've spotted a sign-post that pointed at a nearby bus stop just around the corner.

After exiting the garden they would find a quaint picturesque town open up before them. If Rapture had been only doom and gloom this city was bustling with life. Though the clothes one the people walking past you seemed even older than the ones you had seen in Rapture. If you were a betting man you would place the clothes and the architecture around the middle of the 1800s.

Though you found it peculiar that there seemed to be so much open sky all around you, where was this city actually located? As you looked around though you would've spotted a sign-post that pointed at a nearby bus stop just around the corner.
jesse.jpg

First those choir singers, and now the strange apparel and buildings that seemed like they were pulled straight out of New York or Chicago circa 1880. Jesse couldn't begin to describe the shock that this was registering as he stepped into the city that seemed like another world compared to Rapture, with a clear view of the sky instead of being submerged in suffocating water. From a baptism by gunshot and fire in the underwater metropolis to this unnatural depiction of old style living, the preacher felt like a man out of time as he walked along the path of carved stone.

God, I could use a smoke... Hopefully a quick inhale of tar and nicotine would calm him down. However, whether it could or not was irrelevant because while one hand came up with a small box of the rolled paper sticks, the other found only air as his father's lighter was missing. "Goddammit..." It had to be back in Rapture, meaning he would need to go back to that awful death trap of a city for it along with finding his friends there. Hope someone picked it up... And didn't pawn it for booze.

Thankfully, the town seemed quiet enough that his headache would go away in time, and instead he just focused on walking along the path the sign pointed out. Best not to complain when he could actually be doing something, right?

"Ew," Marquis replied in disgust as more unwashed hoboes continued to appear. With Bindlebane aimed with the rifle end pointed at the work close. "Stupid working class peasant! How dare you judge such perfection! How about this: I'll blow off your head and sell it for what it's worth and give your body the two cents back on the matter of you judging me!" With that, he began to fire.

profile-crop.png

@Electronics

tumblr_nhu8xbmF9C1qmoy4io8_r1_250.gif

The mentioning of his family name and particularly of his son Jamie caught the attention of Lord Tywin, looking over at a blue-skinned woman of strange proportion and stature. A certain uneasy silence befell before the elderly strategist, not sure exactly how to react to someone of that uniqueness boasting of his family name. He had seen his fair share of Norvoshi men will green beards and Lysian sailors looking more feminine than their actual woman, but never had he seen a woman whose skin looked as blue as the sea. Let alone, the fact that this redhead seemed to know so much about his precious family name, which for Lord Tywin was slightly unsettling.

"Ah, well, right, yes." Tywin said as he rose his head, looking down in that always seemingly judging matter. The noble certainly held a sternness and confidence in his face, never smiling, but always looking bemused at those around him. "Our family name has seen great strives, thanks to me, my Lady. Uh, yes, I suppose my son was right to kill the Mad King." Tywin remarked, personally not caring or not if Jaime had killed the Mad King or not. It was nearly sixteen years ago, yet every lowborn scum threw the name "kingslayer" like it was some insult. Funny, last time the Great Lion checked, said lowborns were probably a pile of corpses floating in the rivers of the Riverlands, their lands scorched and their daughters taken off.

Giving a bow to the strange lady, Lord Tywin allowed the group to democratically choose their own leader. Coming from a much different and older society, he found the practice repulsive, believing in family name and the power of an individual to lead. Knowing that he would not be elected due his so-called "cruel" methods, the lord couldn't help but roll his eyes in annoyance. "I guess we'll scare our enemies with our kindness." he mumbled under his breath, wondering how long it would take until people would start to die and the revelation that pure harmony and diplomacy does not work in this hellish, foreign environment.

However, for the time being, Tywin bit his tongue, following the rest of the band as they discovered more insight on this device called a "radio" of sorts and the dark secrets of this underwater, collapsed city. Looking down at the blue-tinted syringe, Tywin sneered, finding the substance familiar yet disturbing. "Just like the Valyrians, at the apex of their power...gone." he murmured, although this Doom was very more gruesome and gradual. After all, it is the slow knife that cuts the deepest.

Seeing the others depart into respectful divisions, Tywin decided to follow a woman around his age and a few others to a station called Test Drive. He figured the more he could know about this world, the more he could use it to his advantage. There would be no point in simply holding back, rather, the roads not ventured would be the roads not paved in the future.

@TestDrive @Atomyk @Chris Lang @Raven @Minerva @Josh M
"No, thank you," Carol muttered, waving off Madea's offer of the gum. Carol had no need for any of that.

The recording and the file pointed to the same conclusion, one supported by the earlier recording and the state of the city. Something horrid had gone down and they were experiencing in the aftermath. Carol wasn't sure why such a recording would be left in this store of all places, but perhaps someone was intentionally spreading them around. Either way, she wasn't going to worry about it something that didn't seem to concern her.

"Let's try the door?"

@Minerva @Raven @Josh M @york @Krieg
Ellis followed Carol, nodding to Madea, and politely waving to Owlman and the older lord. Looking around the room, Ellis went to the Generator, giving it a look.

"So umm, what's everyone's name and story? Name's Ellis's, for those who ain't know. I was mechanic. I ran A shop with my buddies. I was also in a band. I play bass. Pretty good if I say so myself."

@Minerva @Raven @Atomyk @york @Krieg
"Bass, huh...?"

A smile crept up on Carol's face, pleasant and thoughtful. She shrugged in Ellis' direction, her arms crossed as if she was trying to warm herself up from the cold shock of discovering the body. Her blue eyes examined Ellis with curiosity, for Carol couldn't help but but feel strangely unguarded around this mouthy and honest boy. She didn't think she'd ever met someone quite like him.

uXC3RXy.png

"Well, as most of you know, my name's Carol. There's not much to say about me. I didn't work, I just did stuff around the house. Did some gardening... the laundry... baking?" Though she retained her pleasant demeanor, Carol found herself giving Tywin a wary sidelong glance, knowing he probably was quick to disapprove of them taking a moment to stall and talk. Carol knew it was in their best interest to get the generator going as soon as possible, but she didn't want to miss an opportunity to keep up appearances. "I guess not much else... I always had dinner on the table for Ed when he came home from work. You know, I miss that man every day. Sometimes it was hard, but he did the best he could. That wonderful man."

She nodded sadly and left it there. Didn't seem to her that Walkers were a thing where these people came from, wherever those places were. No need to mention their existence for now.

@Raven @Minerva @Josh M @york @Krieg\​
After raiding the desk for all available information, (and desecrating a corpse. For shame!), you enter the Test-Drive room.

Several supplies appear to have been stockpiled here. Unfortunately, it appears to have been ransacked. Crates lay broken open, sacks lay burst with their contents spilled all over the floor, and guns seemed to be missing from the gun rack. If you dug around, you might find something still usable, but it appears to have been picked completely clean.

latest

1959 Model bathyspheres are around the area, looking nice, and untouched. Ads talk about them saying things like "Get your wife a surprise!" and "Make your kid's birthday one to remember." Kind of generic advertisements. Making your way through the eerily quiet display area, you find a door at the back labelled Employees Only. It seems likely a generator would be back there. A Red 1959 Model sits right next to it. Its door is open.

@Atomyk @Krieg @Josh M @Raven @Test-Drive
Owlman
@Atomyk @Krieg @Josh M @Raven @Minerva @Test-Drive People

Pm9htTB.jpg

Owlman had finally found what he was looking for; a Bathysphere, and it looked to be in working order... Figuring he could worry about the generator for now, he decided to check inside the bathysphere, looking for an audiolog or heck, anything of importance... And on the side, he figured he could at least inspect how one of these Bathyspheres worked up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.