• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
After raiding the desk for all available information, (and desecrating a corpse. For shame!), you enter the Test-Drive room.

Several supplies appear to have been stockpiled here. Unfortunately, it appears to have been ransacked. Crates lay broken open, sacks lay burst with their contents spilled all over the floor, and guns seemed to be missing from the gun rack. If you dug around, you might find something still usable, but it appears to have been picked completely clean.

latest

1959 Model bathyspheres are around the area, looking nice, and untouched. Ads talk about them saying things like "Get your wife a surprise!" and "Make your kid's birthday one to remember." Kind of generic advertisements. Making your way through the eerily quiet display area, you find a door at the back labelled Employees Only. It seems likely a generator would be back there. A Red 1959 Model sits right next to it. Its door is open.

@Atomyk @Krieg @Josh M @Raven @Test-Drive
Medea entered with the others the area and looked around. "Wonder what they had here. Seems like they had something somebody needed." She commented seeing the crates. She then saw the Employ Only door and the model next to it. She waited not sure going near the model was all that wise.

@Drive Thur peeps

As Carol descended the stairs, her eyes were drawn up to the towering displays of the strange underwater vehicles. The neon displays over the glass cases flashed across her vision, causing Carol to squint. She observed the text, the year 1959 becoming lodged in her head. It certainly was the era of which the clothing was from, but did that mean this city had been in disuse for over forty years, or did it mean...

Well, that was impossible. Even considering everything Carol had seen, she couldn't fathom time travel as a realistic concept. She let out a sharp exhale that sounded like a Pft! and shook her in incredulity.

P0N9YhC.png

With the strangely dressed man checking out the displays, Carol decided the employees only section was a more reliable location to search. She took a few steps toward the door across the room before stopping dead in her tracks, looking hesitant. "May I... have your help?" she asked, turning her head to Tywin. Her face was unreadable as she looked upon the lord. What she really wanted was to get him alone for just a moment, and she was prepared to bow to this man if that's what it took to get that to happen.

@Minerva @Raven @Josh M @york @Krieg

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi
After listening to Carol story, Ellis, for the first time since arriving, stopped talking for a time. Taking his hat off in respect, he nodded at his friend.

"I'm mighty sorry 'bout your loss, Carol. "

Moving along, stopping at the Gun rack, Ellis would talk to Carol again.
latest

"Anyway, 'bout miss Symmetra, I'll admit it; I ain't know shit 'bout the ladies. Hell, I ain't know shit 'bout shit, but still. Cupid's shot my dumbass twice before, both times hurt like hell. I ain't the sharpest tool in shed, but I know pain is, well, painful. I ain't gonna put myself out there for name damn reason. Beside, you saw her, right? She's like some sorta doctor. She's rad robot arm. She ain't got time for me. So, i'm just rant at this point You ladies are just a confusing bunch, ya know? "

Seeing Carol leaving, Ellis nodded.

"Umm, or you know? we can talk later, I guess."
@Atomyk @Krieg @Josh M @Raven @york

Last edited:
Skyla would duck behind a column as well. She recalled Swanna as she did so. "This is getting insane!" She said to Niko, Scott, and Houston. "I'm going to change strategy! Keep firing!" One of Houston's bullets would hit the Splicer, and it would react in anger. "This isn't some show on the Tell-e-vision! THIS IS LIFE!" It screeched at the crowd attacking it. It aimed at the column Skyla was behind opening its back to Niko.

the two splicers at the Information desk look up at Oswald. "Damn customers! Ruining my nice set up!" the lead one shouted. It let out a loud screech, which angered the other one.

All of a sudden, a loud banging in the vents above the Electronics Department could be heard. Then, two Splicers fell from unseen areas. One wore workboots and work gear, the others wore the masks and torn dresses the other splicers in the room had.

"I'VE COME TO JUDGE YOU!" the one in work gear shouted. It clutched a pipe, the other two clutched wrenches. Where they got them is beyond me.

This was just made a lot harder.

@Lissamel @Yang Lee @Xx420BLAXEITxX @Nater Taters @LuckycoolHawk9
Niko hid behind the column when he noticed the leadhead splicer gave him an opening to take a shot, Niko popped put from behind cover and fired twice, aiming straight for the back of the spilcer. Niko turned and noticed more of these...splicer, had joined the party, god dammit, so much for this being easy

"Fucking die already!" Niko roared back at the group of splicers, opening fire on the three splicers that had just arrived

@Minerva
@Electronic Group

"Well, we found out who killed the preacher" Jacob announces, holding the the bullet up between his index finger and thumb "So, if you see that arsehole Scaramanga..." Jacob bit his tongue firmly, sighing "...Take care in how you approach him"

While he wanted to see that man with a bullet in his own head, he knew others wanted to try and handle things in a much more humane and orderly manner, and so he aimed to try and stay on their good side

@Everyone
@Fallback Point
@Jeremi
@Ellya
@Gummi Bunnies
"A golden bullet." Mystique paused. "So Scaramanga's gun is the murder weapon, it seems."

"And that brings us back to square one. Either Scaramanga is the killer or someone else used his gun. The most likely suspects are those who were there at the Fallback Point with him."

Mystique2.png

"And this ADAM... that list Caira Diaz just gave us sounds like one of those awful prescription drug commercials, which list a whole series of side effects that may be worse than the original affliction."

"So now we have a better idea of what happened here. Super-drugs causing people to go mad. We should destroy all samples of this drug that we find."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @Jeremi @A Tiny Fool @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @ShiroKiyoshi @Fallback Point
"Well there ya go, we found the killer! Or at least his weapon was used...can't exactly question if it was actually him who pulled the trigger since he's ya know, gone. Somewhere." Gwen commented sourly...and hesitated for a few more seconds, tapping her fingers together anxiously before finally speaking up. "Could I have the bullet though? Who knows how much a gold bullet could go for on Amazon? "The golden bullet that felled a representative of God..." There has to be some crazies or loner antique guys who'd buy that, right? A girl's gotta eat."

"Oh. Excuse me. Believed these were same thing."

She replied absently, having had little reason to ever make the distinction. At this point, though, she was more attentive of Jacob's attempts to remove the bullet than anything else, her eyes watching his lockpicks at work without a hint of squeamishness as she chewed on the crook of her thumb idly. She believed the bullet in Jesse's head to be golden, but there was only one way to actually know.

And soon enough, they did.

"We have found gun which killed preacher..." Helena amended, still teething on her digits as she watched the assassin hold the round up to the light with her eyebrows creased thoughtfully. She didn't sound entirely convinced.

"...So. Man with golden gun shoots Jesse between his eyes. Bang bang." She pretended she was holding a gun in her hands, thumbs extended and fingers pointing from Jacob to Gwen while she squinted with one eye and supplied the sound effects herself. "Where does he go from this? Must escape, but darkness is everywhere. Insane people are whispering German into our heads and shooting at us. And shadows are most hungry for their man-dinner."

She sounded less like she was formulating a theory and more like she was projecting a disarrayed stream of thought. Still, she was trying.

@C.T. @DapperDogman @Jeremi @investigation co.​
"Scavengers, have you no shame?" Symmetra said to the group with much tranquil fury in her voice. "One, possibly two men have been killed and you all grasp towards some shiny trinket? Hyenas, vultures, that's what you are." In this state Symmetra was none to mince words. She was afraid she'd explode if she opened her mouth one more time so instead she bit her tongue and let the fools do whatever.

Her order was shattering all around them, and she wasn't sure if she was able to mend it.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi C.T. @DapperDogman @Fallback Point
tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... not to intrude with whatever we found out here, but I found this not too far from here... along with skeletal remains with a shattered skull, showing whoever had this last was able to wield it with such strength. Ignoring the remains, however..."

Nier would hold up the pipe to show the others, the pipe fresh with blood... just like he found it not too long ago...

"With these marks of blood on this... pipe, I believe this had something to do with... Scaramanga not being around with us now."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi C.T. @DapperDogman @Jeremi @Fallback Point​

Considering Ellis decided to continue talking as they walked, she turned to him and let out a soft sigh. She sounded exasperated with the boy, but still a sad smile adorned her face.

QwHUpDh.png

"Thank you, Ellis. I'm sure Ed's looking down on me now, still doing his best to protect me." The words came so easy that it almost surprised Carol. To say such a thing might as well be considered blasphemous. She was going to leave it there, but once she saw the puppy-dog look of disappointment on Ellis' face, she felt herself compelled to talk more.

"... You seem like a good boy, Ellis. A good heart. Handsome. A few heartbreaks shouldn't set you back. Whether you're my age or your age, relationships aren't easy, put we keep at them anyway. If you just put yourself out there... You can do it. You know the value in good and honest hard work, don't you?"

She then crossed her arms, smirking like she was thinking of something amusing. "And a robot arm, I can definitely see why you're smitten. Once we take a breather, just introduce yourself and see how things go." Carol moved to place a comforting hand on Ellis' shoulder, an action she'd done so often she might as well have been an expert at it. "There's a good chance she'll think you're lovely, if you just be yourself."

Carol gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze before walking away once again. This boy was doomed.

@Minerva @Raven @Josh M @york @Krieg

Last edited:
"Ew," Marquis replied in disgust as more unwashed hoboes continued to appear. With Bindlebane aimed with the rifle end pointed at the work close. "Stupid working class peasant! How dare you judge such perfection! How about this: I'll blow off your head and sell it for what it's worth and give your body the two cents back on the matter of you judging me!" With that, he began to fire.

profile-crop.png

@Electronics
Niko hid behind the column when he noticed the leadhead splicer gave him an opening to take a shot, Niko popped put from behind cover and fired twice, aiming straight for the back of the spilcer. Niko turned and noticed more of these...splicer, had joined the party, god dammit, so much for this being easy

"Fucking die already!" Niko roared back at the group of splicers, opening fire on the three splicers that had just arrived

@Minerva
@Electronic Group
"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" It shouts, swinging the pipe at the Marquis. The other two begin to rush towards him, backing up their ally.

And then they get hit by the bullets from Niko's gun.

Meanwhile, the Leadhead would collapse as a large gust of wind goes through the room. It's clear that the Leadhead Splicer is dead.

Three down, three to go.

Skyla would duck behind a column as well. She recalled Swanna as she did so. "This is getting insane!" She said to Niko, Scott, and Houston. "I'm going to change strategy! Keep firing!" One of Houston's bullets would hit the Splicer, and it would react in anger. "This isn't some show on the Tell-e-vision! THIS IS LIFE!" It screeched at the crowd attacking it. It aimed at the column Skyla was behind opening its back to Niko.

the two splicers at the Information desk look up at Oswald. "Damn customers! Ruining my nice set up!" the lead one shouted. It let out a loud screech, which angered the other one.

All of a sudden, a loud banging in the vents above the Electronics Department could be heard. Then, two Splicers fell from unseen areas. One wore workboots and work gear, the others wore the masks and torn dresses the other splicers in the room had.

"I'VE COME TO JUDGE YOU!" the one in work gear shouted. It clutched a pipe, the other two clutched wrenches. Where they got them is beyond me.

This was just made a lot harder.
"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" It shouts, swinging the pipe at the Marquis. The other two begin to rush towards him, backing up their ally.

And then they get hit by the bullets from Niko's gun.

Meanwhile, the Leadhead would collapse as a large gust of wind goes through the room. It's clear that the Leadhead Splicer is dead.

Three down, three to go.
Scott took a look and saw that three of the splicers were dead, that left two insane ones. He took a look back at his motorcycle and then had an idea-a crazy idea, but so were half the people he met here. If he put the gear in neutral, and made an aim directly out of the line of people, but in the line of splicers. In theory, if he pushed this with his super strength, it should at least distract/knock the splicers without any harm. " I hope this works," he said. He pushed the motorcycle with his super strength, hoping it did something.

@Minerva @Yang Lee @Lissamel @Nater Taters @Electric group @Destroying the motorcycle for reasons

Winslow and Helena got a courteous nod to their words and planned actions. Clare got a bit more, Lucifer glancing over his shoulder at her, an unreadable look in his eyes before 76 spoke.

He frowned.

"It sounds atypical. Most cults rise as a way to cope in apocalyptic settings. Either around a charismatic leader, power or both. From you described I'm leaning towards both."

He imagined how it happened. The lights first, gunfire and fear tactics. He stared at the burning bits yet smoldering and sighed out.

Yes, that sounded like a perfect opportunity to kill.

"Thank you. You've been most helpful, put perhaps you can assist me one more time? Describe in your own words, the first three people you think of. Whoever pops first into your head."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point
Soldier: 76 would raise an eyebrow at the question (high enough to pass the mask, anyway), immediately wondering why this man wants to know about the people he is thinking of. 76 doesn't consider himself superstitious, he's too old for that. Even faced with a man of god like the preacher, Soldier keeps his belief of the supernatural tame..

..or, well, he did, before he ran into a 12-foot tall cyberdemon. Besides that, if this is some kind of psychic trick, 76 isn't buying it.

"You know that I am thinking of Scaramanga, and we already confirmed it was him. As for the other two, I don't think that's any of your business." the old man growled, going on the defensive. The past is the past, and Soldier: 76 was never apart of the past.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

Mirei reads her odd book, then looks at the others.

dpeyrHi.webp

"H- hey... we aren't actually going to point fingers at each other, are we? The culprit... is it one of us?"

Mirei shakes her head and smacks her palms on her cheeks.

2Pcq61N.webp

"Looks like it's a must... huh? I'd feel a little better if we got over this sooner. Any possibility of who the perpetrator might be? Or are we still looking for more evidence?"

Interactions:

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 etcetcetc

GM tags:

@Jeremi @Minerva

"Hmm...Okay."

Samael withdrew her scythe from Ty Lee, casually tossing it with one hand off to the side into the pocket dimension she carried the weapon around in.

"So you have cannons but no guns, huh?"

Getting back to the healing witch, Samael began to answer her questions. She figured removing her scythe from the field would be enough to satisfy her in that regard. She didn't have any sound basis for suspecting Ty Lee anyway. Just a gut feeling.

"Samael's me, yup. What hit me? Um, I think it was some sort of shadowy ball. It ate through my sleeve and burned me a little. Go for it whenever you're ready, I guess. Not like I mind being touched all that much."

The sensation felt similar to the water magic she was familiar with, but due to her low aptitude with healing magic the witch's spell felt like it was probably more effective. Patting the area that had been damaged, a bright smile lit up her face as she realized it didn't hurt at all.

"Thanks, Wadanohara!"

@Hana @Sen @york @Crow @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Lissamel @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Fallback Point​
This girl really made Ty Lee feel uneasy. Something really creepy about someone who could switch from wanting to kill you one second to making small talk the next. And, as much as she hated to admit it, very familiar, too.

"Uh...yeah. No guns where I'm from. And e en then, cannons that don't rely on bending are still kinda rare." But thanks to today, no way was she ever gonna want to be near a gun again.
z5Fqsmt.jpg

Although the conversation hadn't been directed at him, Winslow couldn't help but listen in as he shot a sympathetic glance over at Nier.

"I fear that for a great number of us, death is something that's not foreign to us. We've all seen it in one way or another. Matter of fact, I've already resigned myself to meeting my maker. It's what I want and as such it's how it'll be. You seem to have encountered a fair number of tragedy yourself, boy. But don't let it consume you. Keep moving forward and see what you can do about the here and now..For some, it's too late to do even that. That's just the hell of it.."

He'd say gesturing to Jesse's body which the strange woman from before appeared to be looking over again. Good. With her around and being armed as he was, the boy from earlier couldn't decapitate Jesse's body and harvest his soul. That wouldn't have been what Jesse wanted and Winslow certainly didn't want the preacher's soul to become nourishment for some all powerful demon. Besides, she seemed to be making herself useful. Which is more than could have been said for Winslow at the moment. His mind was still racing and attempting to take in everything that had happened.

But he was determined to find Jesse's killer and bring them to justice!

Which likely involved a lot of pointy things and being stabbed over and over until Winslow's arm grew tired.

S7xnDwZ.jpg

...Water that could heal?

Winslow supposed he shouldn't have wasted any time thinking about that. He had a murder to deal with and everything else. Though, he ad to admit that he was relieved that Samael had not been seriously injured in the ensuing battle. Winslow knew the implications of how many injuries he had sustained during the bout. Once Swan's heart stopped then the wounds would open all at once and it'd have been a miracle if the room wasn't coated in Winslow's blood. But he didn't need a scythe wound on top of all that. He also didn't need a dead angel.

...Or could angels even die? Considering she seemed to speak of both Heaven and Hell, was it foolish to apply mortal limits to her?

Most likely. But he couldn't help but look the angel's way and quip "It's good that you are unharmed." There was no warmth to Winslow's words. No sense of kinship. He was speaking as pragmatically as he could get. Samael seemed to be far more cunning than she let on. Given how many people had flocked to speak with her despite her profession and her mentality. But none of what Winslow wanted would have taken off without her. Like it or not, she'd been the one to answer his prayer to those above and so he'd have to take it. He certainly couldn't leave it. Once he said his bit to the angel, he turned towards Ty Lee.

"I apologize for the girl's behavior... No harm would have come to you. I would have made sure of it."

It was a flat faced lie and Winslow knew it. If Samael had wanted to, she likely could have cleaved both the cowboy and Ty Lee in half. There would have been little Winslow could have done to stop her, armed with only his knife. But after a display like that, it's likely the girl might have been a tad on edge. He knew he would have been had he been in her shoes at that moment. Hell, even confronting made him-a man cursed with immortality-wary.

Bhs1OVJ.jpg

Winslow had to admit that half of what Lucifer had said flew over his head and into the milky way. What was this about werewolves or ghosts or some such? As the priest got to the point however, Winslow narrowed his eye and leered towards the dhampir.

"They can be as patient as they want. I can be patient as well, Lucifer was it?"

Winslow's shoulders rose and lowered as he let out a ragged breath.

"I'll be patient as I'm making them regret every waking moment of their life."

@Ringmaster @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Hana @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Chris Lang @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Kaykay @OrlandoBloomers @C.T.
The guy in the bird suit seemed nice. A little crazy, but nice. Plus sometimes crazy was cool!

"It's okay! I'm just glad there aren't more dead people around-including me!"
tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... not to intrude with whatever we found out here, but I found this not too far from here... along with skeletal remains with a shattered skull, showing whoever had this last was able to wield it with such strength. Ignoring the remains, however..."

Nier would hold up the pipe to show the others, the pipe fresh with blood... just like he found it not too long ago...

"With these marks of blood on this... pipe, I believe this had something to do with... Scaramanga not being around with us now."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi C.T. @DapperDogman @Jeremi @Fallback Point​
So that Scaramanga (fun name to say!) was...dead? That was too bad, if only because he couldn't fess up to taking down this Jesse guy. But still, murder was murder, and they needed to figure this out. Or at least there was time to while generators were off.

"Can we check for fingerprints on that pipe? It could maybe get us somewhere!"

@Kaykay @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yata @Bomb @Takumi @Ringmaster @Jeremi @A Tiny Fool @C.T. @Hana @Sen @Crimson Spartan

Soldier: 76 would raise an eyebrow at the question (high enough to pass the mask, anyway), immediately wondering why this man wants to know about the people he is thinking of. 76 doesn't consider himself superstitious, he's too old for that. Even faced with a man of god like the preacher, Soldier keeps his belief of the supernatural tame..

..or, well, he did, before he ran into a 12-foot tall cyberdemon. Besides that, if this is some kind of psychic trick, 76 isn't buying it.

"You know that I am thinking of Scaramanga, and we already confirmed it was him. As for the other two, I don't think that's any of your business." the old man growled, going on the defensive. The past is the past, and Soldier: 76 was never apart of the past.

Lucifer shook his head. In a calm voice in contrast, he spoke gently.

"Soldier, you are experienced in the art of war. For example, I suspect it was you who established the barricades? In that, you have knowledge that would be best to listen and trust? Well in this field, I ask that you show me that same trust. There is a method to my madness.... Please. You are of course at liberty to refuse and if so, I shall use my methods on others though less clear for what I seek from you."
@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point @Indolent

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

Clare didn't necessarily like the man's tone too much, but remained calm and unmoving for the most part. Her look went to him, almost as if her silver eyes would bore into him as if to take note of how he carried himself and whatnot.

"Soldier, you are experienced in the art of war. For example, I suspect it was you who established the barricades? In that, you have knowledge that would be best to listen and trust? Well in this field, I ask that you show me that same trust. There is a method to my madness.... Please. You are of course at liberty to refuse and if so, I shall use my methods on others though less clear for what I seek from you."
@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point @Indolent

Clare's gaze flicked back to her partner for a moment, before going back to 76 as Lucifer awaited an answer.

@Ringmaster @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Hana @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Chris Lang @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anybody I'm missing

Clare didn't necessarily like the man's tone too much, but remained calm and unmoving for the most part. Her look went to him, almost as if her silver eyes would bore into him as if to take note of how he carried himself and whatnot.

Clare's gaze flicked back to her partner for a moment, before going back to 76 as Lucifer awaited an answer.

@Ringmaster @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Hana @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Chris Lang @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anybody I'm missing

76 would look between the girl and the man, sighing and shaking his head. These people are asking a question that, in his own world, he'd never answer. The man didn't seem phased at the girl staring at him-- she had eyes, but 76 carried with him a cold visor that intimidated those who went to war with him. Listening to Lucifer talk, 76 would hold up a hand, interrupting the man in the middle of his statement.

"Jesse McCree."
"Lena Oxton."
"Gabriel Reyes."

Three names, 76 stated reluctantly, refusing to look at Lucifer. Even with that mask on, the man can sense something inside 76 didn't want those names to be disclosed.

Though...truth be told, he wish he could state more. Many, many more names that stabbed at his mind.​

jesse.jpg

First those choir singers, and now the strange apparel and buildings that seemed like they were pulled straight out of New York or Chicago circa 1880. Jesse couldn't begin to describe the shock that this was registering as he stepped into the city that seemed like another world compared to Rapture, with a clear view of the sky instead of being submerged in suffocating water. From a baptism by gunshot and fire in the underwater metropolis to this unnatural depiction of old style living, the preacher felt like a man out of time as he walked along the path of carved stone.

God, I could use a smoke... Hopefully a quick inhale of tar and nicotine would calm him down. However, whether it could or not was irrelevant because while one hand came up with a small box of the rolled paper sticks, the other found only air as his father's lighter was missing. "Goddammit..." It had to be back in Rapture, meaning he would need to go back to that awful death trap of a city for it along with finding his friends there. Hope someone picked it up... And didn't pawn it for booze.

Thankfully, the town seemed quiet enough that his headache would go away in time, and instead he just focused on walking along the path the sign pointed out. Best not to complain when he could actually be doing something, right?

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Jeremi

After exiting the garden they would find a quaint picturesque town open up before them. If Rapture had been only doom and gloom this city was bustling with life. Though the clothes one the people walking past you seemed even older than the ones you had seen in Rapture. If you were a betting man you would place the clothes and the architecture around the middle of the 1800s.

Though you found it peculiar that there seemed to be so much open sky all around you, where was this city actually located? As you looked around though you would've spotted a sign-post that pointed at a nearby bus stop just around the corner.
@Cromartie Sarkissian @The Tactician
jesse.jpg

First those choir singers, and now the strange apparel and buildings that seemed like they were pulled straight out of New York or Chicago circa 1880. Jesse couldn't begin to describe the shock that this was registering as he stepped into the city that seemed like another world compared to Rapture, with a clear view of the sky instead of being submerged in suffocating water. From a baptism by gunshot and fire in the underwater metropolis to this unnatural depiction of old style living, the preacher felt like a man out of time as he walked along the path of carved stone.

God, I could use a smoke... Hopefully a quick inhale of tar and nicotine would calm him down. However, whether it could or not was irrelevant because while one hand came up with a small box of the rolled paper sticks, the other found only air as his father's lighter was missing. "Goddammit..." It had to be back in Rapture, meaning he would need to go back to that awful death trap of a city for it along with finding his friends there. Hope someone picked it up... And didn't pawn it for booze.

Thankfully, the town seemed quiet enough that his headache would go away in time, and instead he just focused on walking along the path the sign pointed out. Best not to complain when he could actually be doing something, right?

"Alright then, thanks for the help," Well, at that last part about a 'new life' was a little... Jesse wasn't sure what he would call it, but it was strange. However, he could only shrug it off for now and focus on what they had to do, namely finding out what the hell this place was (along with getting his answers). "Alright, Francisco, hurry up or I'm leavin' ya behind," Whether or not the gunman followed him, the preacher didn't exactly care as he walked towards the Town Center to sit his ass down and wait for that 'hover bus' the director had mentioned.

So this was the final deal, huh? To be perfectly honest, Jesse hadn't expected to end up in the Lord's domain after his death. Preacher or not, the man knew he hadn't been exactly a good man during his life, before or after his decision to become a preacher. Before taking up the collar, he had been a criminal, a mean son of a bitch who ran exotic reptiles across borders just so people could have special, illegal meat for their barbecues and who frankly didn't give a damn about anyone beyond himself and Tulip. After taking up the collar?

After becoming a preacher, he had lost his faith in God and spoke blasphemy in his house. Now it had been awhile since he had read the entirety of the good book, Old and New Testament, but he was fairly certain that sort of thing was frowned upon. He doubted the short time as a hard-working preacher and then the even shorter time as a leader of the group would be enough to make up for that.

So was this heaven? To be perfectly honest, Jesse had some high doubts about that, especially with that gunman here as well. That left only one place (or two if you were of the same mind as Catholics, which he wasn't) they could be, and the preacher could understand why both of them had been sent there.

That didn't mean he didn't want to have some words with God still.

latest

"Come on, Scaramanga. I've got some questions I want answered, and this is the perfect place to get them answered," With that, he straightened up his jacket and collar before walking up those stairs towards the light. It's time to find out why so many good people have to suffer for you...

GGScaramanga24.jpg

And with a quick smug look, Francisco was finally consumed by the beauty of the city. Stone architecture, dating back to his grandfather's time, disciplined, if not asinine choirs filling the streets; it easy truly a wonder to behold, even by his own standards. It was no funhouse, and it was no Khap Phin Kan, but it was incredible all the same. Perhaps, if the word 'Rapture' held truth, he would return to this world someday, and buy each and every tower

A worthy investment to say the least

The words of the choir man were useful to all, except Scaramanga. Instead of listening to whatever he had to say, he simply turned away, struck a lighter to a cigar, and blew great puffs of smoke against the wind. Francisco made his way towards the bus stop, and simply waited, both for the bus, Jesse and something worth shooting​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Mirei reads her odd book, then looks at the others.

dpeyrHi.webp

"H- hey... we aren't actually going to point fingers at each other, are we? The culprit... is it one of us?"

Mirei shakes her head and smacks her palms on her cheeks.

2Pcq61N.webp

"Looks like it's a must... huh? I'd feel a little better if we got over this sooner. Any possibility of who the perpetrator might be? Or are we still looking for more evidence?"

Interactions:

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 etcetcetc

GM tags:

@Jeremi @Minerva

76 would look between the girl and the man, sighing and shaking his head. These people are asking a question that, in his own world, he'd never answer. The man didn't seem phased at the girl staring at him-- she had eyes, but 76 carried with him a cold visor that intimidated those who went to war with him. Listening to Lucifer talk, 76 would hold up a hand, interrupting the man in the middle of his statement.

"Jesse McCree."
"Lena Oxton."
"Gabriel Reyes."

Three names, 76 stated reluctantly, refusing to look at Lucifer. Even with that mask on, the man can sense something inside 76 didn't want those names to be disclosed.

Though...truth be told, he wish he could state more. Many, many more names that stabbed at his mind.​

UfhFJwc.png

"Hey, mister!" she said, tapping 76. "You were outside making loud noises! Didn't you see the big bully?"
@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

Remembering the issue with the generators, 76 would halt in his tracks and sigh, turning around to the rest of the group.

He began to reach under his coat...

...and he pulled out a blue and white "magazine" of sorts, which appears to be an ammunition cell for his pulse rifle. The soldier would toss the small cell at the group, watching it clatter to the ground if no one cared to catch it.

"Energy based pulse munitions. That's an energy cell that loads it; tell me if there are any bullets in that."

@Chris Lang @Ringmaster @BarrenThin @Takumi @Indolent @Sen @Crow @T.O.M. @Yun Lee @Hana @Crimson Spartan @C.T. @Mystery Inc. Crew

McCree nodded as Jack confirmed what he'd said.

"Jesse McCree."
"Lena Oxton."
"Gabriel Reyes."

At that, McCree's hat got tipped really low. He felt very wrong, listening in like that. "Almost wish Reyes was here. He'd know all 'bout traitors." The cowboy spat to the side in apparent disdain.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Sen

@Hana
@Ringmaster

This girl really made Ty Lee feel uneasy. Something really creepy about someone who could switch from wanting to kill you one second to making small talk the next. And, as much as she hated to admit it, very familiar, too.

"Uh...yeah. No guns where I'm from. And e en then, cannons that don't rely on bending are still kinda rare." But thanks to today, no way was she ever gonna want to be near a gun again.

The guy in the bird suit seemed nice. A little crazy, but nice. Plus sometimes crazy was cool!

"It's okay! I'm just glad there aren't more dead people around-including me!"

So that Scaramanga (fun name to say!) was...dead? That was too bad, if only because he couldn't fess up to taking down this Jesse guy. But still, murder was murder, and they needed to figure this out. Or at least there was time to while generators were off.

"Can we check for fingerprints on that pipe? It could maybe get us somewhere!"

"Are you implying that the skeletal remains are that of Scaramanga?"

Mystique paused. "It is still possible that Scaramanga was the one who killed the preacher. But if Scaramanga has also been killed, the question remains as to who -- or what -- killed him."

UfhFJwc.png

"Hey, mister!" she said, tapping 76. "You were outside making loud noises! Didn't you see the big bully?"

McCree nodded as Jack confirmed what he'd said.

At that, McCree's hat got tipped really low. He felt very wrong, listening in like that. "Almost wish Reyes was here. He'd know all 'bout traitors." The cowboy spat to the side in apparent disdain.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Sen

@Hana
@Ringmaster

"And why would this Reyes know all about traitors?" Mystique asked, genuinely interested.

"At the moment, we have no idea if one of us is behind Scaramanga's disappearance or not. I suppose it is worth looking for more evidence while we wait for the other teams to return."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Fallback Point

It appeared dillydallying did me no good, seeing as I'd chosen to remain at the fallback point. Purely to observe the remainder as the others ventured out for these generators. It wasn't long before it seemed as if Chaos descended upon us with its penchant for the darkness; the light-bulbs overhead exploded in unnatural fashion. I'd taken to cover, my right hand instinctively flickering to the hilt of my power sword within my coat. It did not last long, it was over swiftly and it seemed as if the intent behind the attack was obvious. To me anyway. The preacher, Jesse Custer, is dead and another, from what little I collected for myself, that instigated an altercation prior, had disappeared. I'd put to work my talents but that would be difficult, quite so with the others all about us. Self-preservation was key, no doubt, but ferreting out the details behind this place was of equal import. Fortunately, these souls I'd followed alongside were seemingly capable, ready to get to work despite clumsy adjustment to their surroundings and circumstance. Whatever information I could glean I'd decided would be more than enough; I'd worked off less before after all.

In short order, the others, most if not all, convened and it appeared that the man-thing I'd met earlier led the dialogue in conjunction with the azure soldier, 76. He listened on, specially towards 76's mention of cultist splicers with black tattoos. Especially the mention of telepathy; though it was not easy for me to justify what was an easy assumption. It was not a psyker, not like myself, that actioned the telepathic contact. I'd have recognized the presence of a fellow psyker. I found myself in an alien place, among alien entities, borne of alien circumstances. Assumptions would likely lead my astray and it was with hefty chagrin I'd... expanded my mind a little, open to the possibilities. Maybe it wasn't Chaos, I'd have sensed their rank odour and malicious intentions. These were cultists but these were not the kind I was familiar, my kind I dealt with regularly whence I hailed.

Well, maybe it was a better ordeal than actually dealing with would-be envoys of the Chaos Gods of the Immaterium.

As for the tattoos, I saw little, if anything, and none were recognizable. I certainly wished I had an auspex for this situation. Regardless Torin Gregori spoke anew, "I should concur with the notion; cultists are wont to do precisely that. From prior experience I say, limited as it is, and fortunate that it is not the same as those I know. Thankfully." I affected a shudder, recalling with ease horrors and nightmares to authenticate the motion. "I'd suggest the presence of xenos but, well, that would be conjecture; just as well as that it is bad practice to do so. I am of a speculative breed," a hearty, if awkward, chuckle left my lips and I continued, "I cannot offer much, sadly. Other than, perhaps, further guesstimations in respect to the splicers?"

Affecting an air of somber utility without letting on my ample combat capability was tiring, especially with how I'd much rather ensure my own safety rather than leaving it in the others hands. Perhaps I'd have no choice but to shed my disguise; I'd likely be better served and I would run less risk of suspicion. I still recall vividly the brief contemplative look thereupon the pale abhuman-priest's face...

@Fallback Point

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
UfhFJwc.png

zqOhPXI.png

"Kana... Now might not be the time to pester him..."

ZLPqe7T.png

"C'mon kiddo... Lets go back to your new friends. We'll need to stick together after all..."

Lc3QJcS.png

"We got people to protect and cool stuff to find!"

YsuDyHM.png

"Like this glass shard! You ever see a glass shard this sharp...?" Keaton had spoken approaching Kana and 76 showing her a glass shard he had snatched early in the Bridal Shop.

@Sen @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hana @Crow @Crew+SoldierandAnyoneElseIMissed

Status
Not open for further replies.