Status
Not open for further replies.

Most of it appears to be junk, though you find a few interesting items...

W3gMQLm.png

LAg4htj.jpg

lDUcxyv.png

@Bomb @Verite @york
@School Store

You also find a baseball and a baseball glove amongst the items...

PTUuiQ3.png

"Oh! Look! One of the swords is missing!" Junko pointed to the display of rusty swords. "Those things were so dangerous, you know?"

AREA CLEARED

@Bomb @Verite @york
"Guns, bananas, and monkey staffs. It'll take a smarter person than me to make sense of all this," Shiki sighed, before Junko would appear.

"Sooooo dangerous," he repeated in a dull manner, adjusting his manner, "Baseball, glove, swords, bow and arrow, guns, bananas, and monkey staffs. Goodness gracious, balls of fire," he muttered, convinced that he'd be unable to make sense of this trial. Still, he may as well stick around and see if he gets any bright ideas.

With that being said, he followed Ruby, Sophie, and Plutia into the Data Processing Room. They were just here, so he didn't expect there to be much, but as mentioned before, never leave anything unchecked in times like these.

@Bomb @Atomyk @york

@Data Processing Room

You'll also notice a few arrows on the ground... In fact, there seems to be a trail of arrows from this room, to the cafeteria, and then to the incinerator room.

Those of you who were in this room before would notice the bow that Storm left here is missing.

AREA CLEARED

@Bomb @Verite @york @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened

@Data Processing Room

What is most apparent is that a secret compartment in the control room lies open. Inside is a ton of coins.

Dhj7QPn.jpg

Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Bomb @Verite @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened

Ruby immediately noticed the coins in the room, reminding her of that strange talking door and her crazy adventures in this place... Sophie in the meantime was walking towards the secret compartment in the control room, hoping to find something usefull in there. Soon enough, Ruby snapped out of her little state and followed Sophie towards that secret compartment, looking at it really closely.​

Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Bomb @Verite @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened

Ruby immediately noticed the coins in the room, reminding her of that strange talking door and her crazy adventures in this place... Sophie in the meantime was walking towards the secret compartment in the control room, hoping to find something usefull in there. Soon enough, Ruby snapped out of her little state and followed Sophie towards that secret compartment, looking at it really closely.​

Unfortunately, only coins are inside.

Oh, and this sweater.

nMBQ5Wv.jpg

Well, this was already confusing enough as it is with multiple clues for two murders. Maybe at the trial, they could corroborate all of the clues they had together, make it a bit easier for the actual thinkers of the group,

"Tch... maybe I shouldn't be working my head around this too much... I'm still a bit shaken up from an earlier fight with the data..." Lapis grumbled a bit in dismay while Red was looking over the current clues that he's compiled into his pokedex by following around Lapis since the murders happened.

@york @Bomb @Verite @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Atomyk @anybody else​

Max came to her senses with a gasp, hands shooting to her neck on instinct as she lurched violently where she stood and whipped her gaze around, pupils rapidly dilating in response to the stimulus of an entirely white room. She was scared, no question, her heart beating in her throat and adrenaline coursing through her veins like fire, her expression wracked with fear and confusion in equal measure. The only experience she could recall that was even remotely similar to this was her visions of the future back in Arcadia Bay, of waking up in the midst of the violent storm set to destroy the town... only this was a different kind of shock. The storm was torrid, noisy, frenzied. This... place, on the other hand... it seemed so calm, so still... so bright... what was this place?

'Where am I? What's happening?!'

Maybe not the most together of reactions, but not an unreasonable one for an eighteen-year-old photography student subjected to such a sudden shift in surroundings. She wasn't clueless, though. Her brain knew exactly where she was. Remembered exactly what had happened. As her mind adjusted to the sudden shock of such unfamiliar surroundings, reality set in.

And with it, despair.

So... that was it.

tumblr_nq9cr7bvlg1sy0xtpo2_r1_250.gif

The end. Game over, man. She was... she was dead. There was no rewinding from that. She'd let everybody down, as per usual. All the people she wanted to help, who she cared about... Claire, Jon, the Coalition. Her parents, Rachel Amber, all of Arcadia Bay... and Chloe. She couldn't be there for Chloe if she was dead. She was abandoning the one person in her life who meant the most to her... and this wasn't even the first time.

tumblr_nq9cr7bvlg1sy0xtpo10_r1_250.gif

No.

No, no, no! It wasn't fair! It w-wasn't... why did it have to be her? What the hell did she do? Yeah, so maybe she hadn't exactly done herself any favors by speaking out against Naoya and Kazuya in the last round, but... but why did they have to kill her? She was only eighteen. She was just there to avert catastrophe and keep too many people from dying. She wasn't a threat to anybody. The only thing special about her was that she could rewind time, and now... Now she couldn't even do that. She was dead. She was dead.

'...Rewind. Rewind! Fucking REWIND!'

The thought was repeated with more and more determined fervor every time she repeated it, the recently-deceased girl grabbing fistfuls of her own hair as she strained her mind to do something. Anything. Her power could fix this. It had reversed death so many times before. It could reverse hers, right? Right?

It didn't work.

All Max accomplished was developing a killer migraine, no pun intended. She continued trying to force her power to work for a solid thirty seconds before she gave up and sank to the floor, an anguished sob wracking her frail frame as she hugged her knees to her chest and buried her face in them. She didn't have the will to listen to anyone right now. She just wanted to be alone.

tumblr_nq9cr7bvlg1sy0xtpo3_r2_250.gif

No, wait... that... that was the opposite of what she wanted. She didn't want to be on her own at all. She wanted to be with Chloe.

Was it weird that, as the harsh reality that she was dead sunk in, her thoughts kept zoning in on her best friend? Not her parents, not her own life, just... Chloe. It was so cliched, but Max swore to God her life actually was flashing before her eyes, and it was putting into perspective just how heavy a part of her life the blue-haired girl actually was. Chloe Price practically embodied her life. They'd been together so long. They knew so much about each other. They might as well've been attached at the hip at birth. Max could hardly even fathom existence without her, now, and that was after spending five years away from her in Seattle. They needed each other.

tumblr_nq9cr7bvlg1sy0xtpo4_r1_250.gif

After all they'd been through... was this really how it was going to end?

"...I'm so sorry, Chloe."

That was all she could manage to say. Fuck the afterlife. Fuck the gates of heaven, fuck whatever this was. Max was sitting right here with her thoughts until whatever asshole of a God there was figured out she wasn't gonna move and granted her the sweet release of nonexistence--

...Wait, how long had that monitor been there? It was just running static, but Max still couldn't help but let her gaze be drawn towards it. She couldn't really look away. And as the pale, ethereal figure appeared and started speaking, she blinked her eyelashes in confusion. What was this? The afterlife welcoming package? Christ, even heaven was commercialized? Max decided to just listen for the time being, her eyes crinkled as she digested the figure's words...

...Oh.

Well, now her massive internal monologue about how being dead sucked and the whole life flashing before her eyes bit just felt pointless and silly. =w=

Max sheepishly rose to her feet, taking a deep, deep breath to ease her nerves and folding her arms habitually. In her panic, she'd forgotten Kalifa and Kaku, the two dead among their number who'd managed to find their way back to life. And suddenly, a whole lot of that panic and despair seemed to alleviate as if by magic, dissipating into nothingness. It wasn't over yet. There was hope.

She remained quiet up until Alice and Joseph appeared, blinking a few times in surprise after having seen their corpses so recently but nevertheless giving both an awkward wave in greeting. What was she supposed to say? "Hi, how was death?" At least they'd secured their way back... hopefully Max would be so lucky.

After a few moments, however, she did think of something to say. She took a few steps in Alice's direction, tapping her on the shoulder to get her attention and offering a wan smile as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Hey, Alice. Listen, when you see Chloe again..."

Max wiped the last of the moisture away from her eyes, blinking off the last of her tears before continuing.

"Tell her I'm coming back."

Oh, yeah. She was ready to do whatever she had to. Max Caulfield owed Chloe Price, and she wasn't gonna let something stupid like death keep them apart.

cc8mliu.gif

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Schnee Corp Lawyer @afterlife @I needed more angst in my life​

@Everyone

JUK4LV0.png

Monokuma's visage would once again be broadcasted across the school.

sE5yItH.png

"We should start the show, don't you think? The school trial... everyone is waiting for!"

Monokuma tilts his head. "Well then, please go to the elevator on the first floor! Upupu... I'll see you soon!"​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

Unfortunately, only coins are inside.

Oh, and this sweater.

nMBQ5Wv.jpg

Well, this was already confusing enough as it is with multiple clues for two murders. Maybe at the trial, they could corroborate all of the clues they had together, make it a bit easier for the actual thinkers of the group,

"Tch... maybe I shouldn't be working my head around this too much... I'm still a bit shaken up from an earlier fight with the data..." Lapis grumbled a bit in dismay while Red was looking over the current clues that he's compiled into his pokedex by following around Lapis since the murders happened.

@york @Bomb @Verite @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Atomyk @anybody else​
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Atomyk @anybody else

Ruby looked at the sweater tilting her head a little, despite it obviously being some sort of fan merchandise of that strange, and explosive teddy bear, she decided to pick up the sweater, looking it over to see if there was anything usefull on it. Sophie looked at that sweater as Ruby looked it over, she wasn't sure why, but, she suddenly had the urge to put it on, though, she wasn't sure if she actually wanted to, it could be some weird trap or something...​

Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Atomyk @anybody else

Ruby looked at the sweater tilting her head a little, despite it obviously being some sort of fan merchandise of that strange, and explosive teddy bear, she decided to pick up the sweater, looking it over to see if there was anything usefull on it. Sophie looked at that sweater as Ruby looked it over, she wasn't sure why, but, she suddenly had the urge to put it on, though, she wasn't sure if she actually wanted to, it could be some weird trap or something...​

The sweater has nothing special about it. You could wear it!

@york

@Everyone

JUK4LV0.png

sE5yItH.png

"We should start the show, don't you think? The school trial... everyone is waiting for!"

Monokuma tilts his head. "Well then, please go to the elevator on the first floor! Upupu... I'll see you soon!"​

The sweater has nothing special about it. You could wear it!

@york
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Atomyk @The others

Ruby shrugged, attempting to put it on, but, to her disappointment, it wouldn't fit thanks to her flowing red cloak, so, with that in mind, she hung it over Sophie's head, giggling a little "I guess you could wear it!" she said playfully. Sophie thought for a moment, but, shrugged, putting on the sweater ontop of her sweater to see how it would look; yay sweater-ception! Though after a moment of stiffled giggling between the two as Ruby noticed how silly it looked, the two quickly headed towards the elevator on the first floor, knowing that they should probably not be late for this trial.​

"Let's get going Red. Now or never," Lapis bluntly said as she headed for the elevator in order to go to that trial the strange bear was talking about.

Red took note of her gruff tone, as if she were reverting back to the stand-offish bounty hunter she was at the beginning. He really worried about her, and it wasn't because of the fact that he could die if she decided to shatter the last crystal she had on her. Giving a sighing expression, he went along with Lapis to the elevator to the first floor.

@Atomyk @everyone

@Everyone

JUK4LV0.png

sE5yItH.png

Plutia is ready for the trial. She headed for the elevator.

@others at elevator

@Everyone

JUK4LV0.png

sE5yItH.png

Ridley just sighed heavily, defeatedly trudging towards the elevator.

@FUCKIN EVERYBODY​

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Mighty Roman @Mari @OrlandoBloomers

And into the door Alice and Joseph went!

After entering the door, they would find themselves in the same white room they started with, staring at Joshua, who had sent them off to perform an activity in the first place. He waved at them. Off to the side stood Bayonetta and Max who had just recently died.

Mobile%20-%20World%20Ends%20With%20You%20Solo%20Remix%20-%20Joshua%209.png

"Ah, well that didn't take long at all. Welcome back, Alice, Joseph. Pity we really don't have more time to play games together. It's actually getting high time I send the two of you back to the world of the living. The two of you did complete one of the tasks, after all. And I'm kind of in a hurry to send people back. After all, your group is fighting a war against an arch-demon. They're going to need all the help they can get... You're okay with that, right?"​
Hoo. She escaped the reaper. Hopefully he thought really long and hard about her sick burn and be less of a ruffian with miss Caufield and Bayonetta- wait.

She gasped in shocked horror, hand flying to cover her mouth as she shook her head. "Oh no, they got you as well?! swear when I get back those two brothers are, are, Well, they aren't going to be very happy!" she said with a stomp of her foot-

She'd been muttering to herself at that point so when the finger tap hit her shoulder she nigh jumped straight out of her dress, and listened quietly as Max made her slightly teary eyed request.

"..."

She sniffled.

"YOU TWO ARE SUCH GOOD FRIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!!!"

The puppeteer collapsed back into her earlier fit of mild hysterics, though at least this time it was simply just the overwhelming emotions rather than the pit of despair as Alice Margatroid launched into her first initiated hug in the years since she left makai, almost crushing Max to death if they weren't already, well, yea.

"D-don't worry, I will be sure to tell her! and I'll find out who did this and they will pray to whatever gods they see fit to worship as I rend their mortal or immortal souls into tiny, inconsolable pieces and feed them to the Phantom of Grand Guignol, laughing as it fuels its existence with their end. It will be glorious"

Still adjusting to this whole 'feel emotions' thing again, Alice had finally rediscovered the wonders of rage apparently. She blinked once as she finally released her captive with a sheepish smile as she stepped back.

"T-though I'll still leave them coherent enough for you to do... whatever humans do for revenge if you'd like! I'm sure you'll pass the tests just fine and be back in no time, you're very clever. Like me!"

With that and one last smile after that tenative attempt at her usual haughtiness, she took a deep breath and turned back to the composer, giving a somber nod as she spoke.

"I'm ready"

And boy was she going to be glad when she got back that only four people from the living world ever saw her like this :|

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @OrlandoBloomers @afterlife

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Mighty Roman @Mari @OrlandoBloomers

And into the door Alice and Joseph went!

After entering the door, they would find themselves in the same white room they started with, staring at Joshua, who had sent them off to perform an activity in the first place. He waved at them. Off to the side stood Bayonetta and Max who had just recently died.

Mobile%20-%20World%20Ends%20With%20You%20Solo%20Remix%20-%20Joshua%209.png

"Ah, well that didn't take long at all. Welcome back, Alice, Joseph. Pity we really don't have more time to play games together. It's actually getting high time I send the two of you back to the world of the living. The two of you did complete one of the tasks, after all. And I'm kind of in a hurry to send people back. After all, your group is fighting a war against an arch-demon. They're going to need all the help they can get... You're okay with that, right?"​
'Okay with being sent back to the land of the living? Of course I am. Despite my pseudo-magical disposition, even I know that reality has it's advantages. Like libraries and Off-Licenses. Beam me up, Scotty, and try and get the Autograph from the goth member of The Clash, that thing'll be worth a fortune by now.'
he winked at Bayonetta.

'Believe it or not love, it's not that bad. Just quizzes and mazes. You'll live....sort of.'

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers

• Love
Reactions: Mari
The hug made her bones creak and almost killed her (again), but Max hoped Alice didn't take her nigh-hysterical laughter at everything else that happened thereafter the wrong way.

Not that there was really a right way to take it because that was just way too funny :rotfl:

"Thanks, Alice. I wish my camera made the trip across the mortal veil so I could get a shot of you like this, it's a definite improvement." she grinned and held her hands up placatingly, signifying she was just teasing. This was a definite case of mood whiplash after her previous angst, and she... really didn't mind that. "I'm pretty sure I nailed the guys who did... that, uh... thing... to you, so don't worry about them. Sorry if I robbed you of your righteous vengeance for being butt-crushed to death, but, um... just try to find who did this to me. Oh, and watch out for Chloe 'til I get back? You're right, we're really good friends. The best of gal pals."

She rolled her eyes, huffing out a breath before mentally preparing herself for whatever trials were to come. She didn't test that well, but she could turn in a good performance when she thought it was urgent... and this was pretty fucking urgent.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @afterlife​

Status
Not open for further replies.