Status
Not open for further replies.
~Homecoming~

There had been no final goodbyes for the trio of Assassins.
Max was still seemed to be angry at the old Assassin, and as for his other relationships he'd already had his Rocky Balboa final fight against Felix. When the other man had complained about him using a giant robot as backup, Ezio had just explained that battles were won by who had the bigger gun, and Ezio had always had the bigger gun. He'd then rode Liberty Prime back to the others as the robot SWAGgered back to the shuttle that River had brought.

Desmond didn't quite have the same sense of joy that Ezio did at receiving a giant killer robot that decried communism. Of course, that was probably just his worry over the identity of the people that had attacked his people onboard Serenity. It was bound to happen, it was the nature of his kind to always have their opposites at the backs of the Order. One couldn't exist without the other. But did it have to happen so soon?
They needed to chance to regroup, to become strong. Running, hiding. That's what had killed them in Desmond's time. They needed a place to fall back on. A place that could be sieged and held.
They needed a home.​

Desmond looked at Ezio, and for the briefest of moments the old Bleeding Effect flickered to life. It wasn't Ezio riding atop of Liberty Prime, it was Altair kneeling on a beam, looking over the home of the Assassins. Over the place where they had belonged, until the arrogance of two men had brought it all crashing down around their heads.

Masayaf.

He turned to River, and nodded. There was no need for words. There never was. She was with him till the end, and would find him in the darkness.
She knew he had to make a side trip before he accompanied them. For little Arya, and for himself.

The Assassins were coming home, and he would join them in their Sanctuary soon enough.

~~~~

masyaf-castle-assassins.jpg

If Ezio could have had Leonardo paint a portrayal of Sofia's face at the very moment when he had returned with a small army of Assassins from the future, he would have been a happiest man on the earth. Not that he wasn't already. He had her after all.

River and Ezio had been put in charge of fortifying and updating the fortress, and finding a way to keep the people in the region from discovering a bustling hive of activity that was several hundred years ahead of their time.
Crichton was in charge of finding a way to bring Liberty Prime from the dead world to Earth. Not an easy feat, but a necessary one. It would defend from any attacks short of a orbital bombardment.

Over the next few weeks, the Assassin Order slowly but surely reclaimed their home, with Desmond returning halfway through the upgrades and nearly having a heart attack at how everything was arranged. He wasn't exactly pleased that they had taken the time to build an armory, but had forgotten [spoili]
30027699.jpg
[/spoili] to build his quarters. He'd ended up sleeping in the drafty Mentor's study until they had fixed their "mistake".

Ezio had actually stayed with the Order despite his insistence that he was done, although he declined going out on field missions, preferring instead to live with his wife on the edge of the town. It was better for everyone that way. The Assassins would be free to forge their destiny, with a little help from the past.

All of these improvements weren't for nothing. They were entrenching themselves, preparing for a battle. For a war. Their enemies had returned, but they were ready.

Desmond in particular was training more recruits than he'd ever had before. He'd been training with them for fifteen hours a day, then assisting in the upgrades for another five. He was trying to keep busy. Keep from thinking about her. And it was working for the most part. They were rebuilding what had been lost, slowly but surely.

He wasn't the greatest Mentor ever to live, and he took council from Ezio quite often, but he was what they needed right now. Solid and dependable, if a little jokey at times.

His name was Desmond Miles, and he had brought them to the beginning.​

Although the female reaper seemed to agree with him, Joshua highly doubted she truly did. She doubted herself. It wasn't a bad thing either; many people doubted themselves. It was either something that she would fix in time, or something she would choose to burry away deep inside her. Whatever the case, Josh couldn't see her past playing a role in screwing up the progress she would make now. Teresa would only improve now; she wouldn't go back to being manipulated by pathetic humans.

Trying to ignore Teresa's embarrassment again, to save him from some of his own, Joshua tried to sort through and pay more attention to the serious part of her words. Still, it didn't seem to matter which parts of her conversation were embarrassing or not, all of it seemed to bother him. From her stammering down to the fact she had grabbed hold of his chin to make him look at her. He quickly, but gently, brushed her hand away from him, averting his gaze from her. Staring back into her blue eyes was much too difficult to do.

vUDNTRE.gif

Clearing his throat, Joshua narrowed his eyes into a stoney gaze, eventually looking back up at her just a bit. He'd had enough of this foolishness. He was opening up to her a little TOO much and that just wasn't a good thing. "Yes, well, it's great that you are dedicated in your promise to me and that you were concerned about me possibly dying, but..." He paused, mulling over his response. "All joking aside, you'd best not consider me either a friend or someone you care about. That'd be a bad move on your part. Making human friends is a bad idea, but making friends with humans would even be better than making friends with me." He closed his eyes. "So... don't even bother."

I will never become like one of the composers from long ago, who lost their life due to letting their guard down and becoming too close to someone. I'll learn from her mistake, and pay for what I have with my solitude.

"Anyhow, good then, be careful about your human friends. Unless, of course, they have nice looking rear ends. Then I wouldn't push them away. I'd keep those ones around and invite them to meet your boss," Josh said with a wink, completely tossing aside his serious, somber tone in exchange for his eccentric, asshole tone.

@Hospes

The younger of the two seemed to pick up on Joshua's discomfort.. And her eyes drifted downwards. Well, looked like Teresa had a solid talent after all; Making things awkward. It was all she'd seemed to have done for the entirety of this conversation.. And she felt like a total idiot for it.

Admittedly, she was grateful when Joshua finally responded. The awkward, elongated silence really got to her. It was like.. Like something from her first life, that she couldn't put a finger on. All she knew was that, for the longest time, she had communicated with someone she couldn't quite remember.. And then, all in an instant; their communication had faded into nothingness. He hadn't listened to her cries for help, and let their connection be severed. Let her slip into, and get lost in, this empty abyss of silence.

It had terrified her.

Of course, Joshua's words weren't exactly something she wanted to hear. Though she'd never admit it, Teresa was a bit of a caretaker. Whether she cared about you or not, she at least did her best to keep you alive. And if she did care.. There was no way she'd say it. The way to know she cared... Was by her saying she didn't care.

..Which, of course, was exactly what she did.

dfd578d2ed7f5e52bd802203f8bff4e1-d8hgoba.jpg

"P-pfft. What makes ya think I care about ya, anyways?" she inquired, looking away with feigned disinterest. "I don't give a shuck about ya, or anyone else. And I don't do friends. Ya haven't got anythin' ta worry about, shuck-face." She was lying through her teeth- or, more accurately, in extreme denial... -, but she'd never admit to caring about Joshua, nor anyone else. Friends weren't really her thing, after her bad experiences in her first life.. Or, they were something she wasn't good with. She hadn't exactly had any friends but Thomas; who she didn't even remember, after giving all memory of him away as her entry fee for Reapers' Game. She'd never really thought to ask for those memories back.. Though she was much better off without them.

20141009_________________by_micheong-d828qgx.jpg

The girl did scoff and roll her eyes when Joshua made the remark about directing people with nice behinds to him. "Very funny, Josh. Very," she mused, rolling her brilliant blue eyes. "Unlike you, I don't stare at people's butts. An' I sure as hell don't touch 'em, either."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Part II: I Lied.

WARNING: Video contains language and suggestive themes.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Fucking idiots...

Fucking Barbie...

They fucking lied, didn't they?

All it took were words to manipulate me, didn't it?

You said you weren't going to leave me alone. Now look at what you've done.

Things won't go how they want. No. I won't let them.

I'll find a way out again. I'll make sure to ruin all of them...

The "hell hole" in which Roman Zolanski was imprisoned contained miles of absolutely nothing as it was only dark, leaving him walking endlessly. He could only hear his own breathing as well as his heart beating against his chest. Was this punishment for killing his own mother? It was his only way to get what he wanted, of course. If it wasn't for the deal he made with Akihabara, he wouldn't have been able to enjoy being outside and messing around with people. Sure, killing four or five was part of the plan, but he at least had some fun in it all.

It had only been a few hours for what Roman thought was months of walking. Every step that he took was another lash of pain to dread upon his decisions. Even if it was his own fault that got him stuck here in the first place, he would still lash out his anger against someone else. He should have known that Barbie was going to lie. He should have known that all she wanted was to take his place - take HIS fans.

Roman Zonlanski will never be fooled by her again.

He then arrived at a place where he'd never thought would exist in the void; however, the building at which stood in front of him welcomed Roman with several soldiers who proceeded to take him inside and restrain his arms and legs, prohibiting poor Roman from moving.

A doctor would receive the restrained Roman as the doctor placed him in a room while they were on the phone.

"Did you all get him?" A voice that was familiar to Roman could be heard from the other line as the stupid doctor left it on speaker.

"Yeah, she- no, he's here all right... What do you want me to do?"

"I-I'm not really sure... Can't you like, put him to sleep or something? All I want is for him to NOT get out of there, alright? Don't let him interact with other inmates."

"But, all of our inmates are supposed to interact with each other. That's part of their rehabilita-"

"Listen. You don't want him to get out of there, alright? I don't want him talking to anyone else, got it? I gotta go. There's another concert that Nicki's having, and she wants me to go help.

The call was disconnected.

Roman was left in that secluded room for weeks, and as Barbie commanded, he didn't get to talk with anyone at all. Though, one day, the same doctor knew that Roman could behave himself if he was to interact with someone. If he couldn't, there were soldiers who could force him.

So, that very same day, Roman met with B.O.B. Yes. I said it. THE B.O.B.

Let's just say that Roman took a liking to B.O.B. and hatched up a plan for both of them to escape. A few days later, he took one of the doctor's coats and pretended to become "DR. MINAJ." Entering one of the psychologist offices where B.O.B. was located, he then made sure to convince the other rapper to escape with Roman.

WARNING: Video contains language and suggestive themes.

Viewer discretion is advised.

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Atomyk

The younger of the two seemed to pick up on Joshua's discomfort.. And her eyes drifted downwards. Well, looked like Teresa had a solid talent after all; Making things awkward. It was all she'd seemed to have done for the entirety of this conversation.. And she felt like a total idiot for it.

Admittedly, she was grateful when Joshua finally responded. The awkward, elongated silence really got to her. It was like.. Like something from her first life, that she couldn't put a finger on. All she knew was that, for the longest time, she had communicated with someone she couldn't quite remember.. And then, all in an instant; their communication had faded into nothingness. He hadn't listened to her cries for help, and let their connection be severed. Let her slip into, and get lost in, this empty abyss of silence.

It had terrified her.

Of course, Joshua's words weren't exactly something she wanted to hear. Though she'd never admit it, Teresa was a bit of a caretaker. Whether she cared about you or not, she at least did her best to keep you alive. And if she did care.. There was no way she'd say it. The way to know she cared... Was by her saying she didn't care.

..Which, of course, was exactly what she did.

dfd578d2ed7f5e52bd802203f8bff4e1-d8hgoba.jpg

"P-pfft. What makes ya think I care about ya, anyways?" she inquired, looking away with feigned disinterest. "I don't give a shuck about ya, or anyone else. And I don't do friends. Ya haven't got anythin' ta worry about, shuck-face." She was lying through her teeth- or, more accurately, in extreme denial... -, but she'd never admit to caring about Joshua, nor anyone else. Friends weren't really her thing, after her bad experiences in her first life.. Or, they were something she wasn't good with. She hadn't exactly had any friends but Thomas; who she didn't even remember, after giving all memory of him away as her entry fee for Reapers' Game. She'd never really thought to ask for those memories back.. Though she was much better off without them.

20141009_________________by_micheong-d828qgx.jpg

The girl did scoff and roll her eyes when Joshua made the remark about directing people with nice behinds to him. "Very funny, Josh. Very," she mused, rolling her brilliant blue eyes. "Unlike you, I don't stare at people's butts. An' I sure as hell don't touch 'em, either."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

While the composer could have questioned whether or not Teresa was lying about this matter, Joshua decided he wouldn't. After all, if he did find out she was lying and did care for him it would only make things more awkward. If she was lying, at this point, he was quite grateful. He couldn't help feeling a bit bad, however, about her words. They sounded like something Josh would say himself. Because of this, Joshua cleared his throat and replied, "Well, now, I never said you shouldn't have any friends at all, just that you should be careful who you make friends with. Don't force yourself to be alone if you don't have to."

When Teresa scoffed at him, Josh giggled at her.

9Mb0SMj.png

"Tee hee, you don't really know what you're missing out on, Teresa! If you'd simply open your mind to all of the possibilities behind you, you'd find that there is much beauty to the gluteus maximus."

"Anyhow," he said, speaking serious again, "I actually need to go. It looks like most of the people have left this battleground already, so I suggest we do the same. I have work to do." He paused thoughtfully. "But, perhaps you'd like to come with me? You've been to the Coalition before, and that's actually where I planned to go. I need to pick up a new recruit."

@Hospes

In the end? There really wasn't much to say. He just looked, stared them all in the eyes one by one, smirked and...

DjtAkIG.png

"Fuck y'all."

That was all he had to say, as he looked out over the entire assembled crowd of idiots, friendship is magic retards, killers, heroes, the whole melting pot of pathetic. He turned away after and took that free ride back with no guilt or regrets, having just hit about 9,002 levels of fucking done with almost all of them.

Key word, almost.

Even during the trip home and even for weeks, hell it could have been months after. He got his HUGE paycheck for works rendered before that goddamn multiversal trip, so that took care of one problem. Still...even as he enjoyed all the luxury of a moon mansion and a TV the size of a billboard, in the back of his mind he was still brooding. "Gah." He turned, throwing another one of his blades into the wall, joining the veritable ocean of knives and blades already embedded in there. On that wall? A picture. More of a crude drawing really.

imageedit_8_9065796710_zpsqtnfl23a.jpg

Yeah, it was true. He'd shot that bitch right in the face at point blank range, to the point the only way he could get closer was to stick the barrel of the gun in her mouth. And then this decoration hanging on one of his walls. For lesser men, this would be enough.

He was not lesser men. The sheer depth of hatred pooling deep inside him surprised him. He had never hated anyone like this before. Most of the time it was just business or once in a while for fun. But this? This was...something more. Maybe like a favor to the universe. No, the multiverse. That...hmm.

A good idea, perhaps.

He grabbed his comm. "Locus."

"Felix."

"...Do you think Charon Industries would be interested in developing multiversal reaching tech? Travel to other realms? You know, real deep sci-fi shit."

"Our employer? Perhaps. They are a big umbrella conglomerate, their hands in every global market you can think of. Why?"

His gaze slowly turned to face the drawing. "I think I got an idea for a fun little mission now that we got cash Bill Gates could only dream of."

Felix_Close_Up_CGI.png

KILL ALL THE ARYA STARKS. EVERYONE OF THEM. ANY THAT HAD EVER EXISTED, EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT EXISTING, EVERY LAST TRACE.

Only then would he be satisfied. And to hell with the Coalition fuckers if they tried to stop him. Stupid space cops or whatever.​

Riley's Final Epilogue: Picking up the Pieces

153054203.jpg

Riley woke up in a fairly large hotel suite overlooking Tokyo. He stepped into the Living room, and rubbed his eyes. He was wearing a Vault 101 jumpsuit. No armor on it, just a Vault 101 Jumpsuit. He looked at the city outside. No ruins. No destruction, just a city, filled with people like him, except for the fact that they hadn't just gone through Multiversal hell. Riley saw his lab coat, as well as several other articles of clothing had been laid out on the couch. He smelled fresh coffee brewing, but saw no one in sight. Riley stepped towards the window to get a closer look at the city. Riley put his fingers on the glass.

1ad75d3c74feaa11e5d3aaf524165655.jpg

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you. You could fall out, and it's a long way down." The man said with a small laugh. Riley turned around. He saw a man who was not Jackson sitting on a chair. "Welcome to Tokyo. Or, I should say, Neo-Tokyo. It's currently the largest city in the world." The man sounded like a preacher, with his loud but comforting voice. "I've read your file, Riley. Very impressive. Deactivated a nuclear device to save a town made of scrap, went into radiation to save the Wasteland. It's all very Impressive." The man laughed again. The man lay back in the chair. "Coffee?"

Riley slowly nodded. "How do you know me?" Riley asked slowly. He took the coffee the man brought him.

"I've been watching you, and going through your files, Riley. Just so you know, that despair obsessed Junko was the original form, where as yours was an alternate. Wish we could find yours. She was very beautiful." The man gave a nod, and sat down. "The reason I am here, is because I want to recruit you. I wish to recruit you to our special Organization known as UNCfDE. Or the United Nations Coalition for the Defense of Earth. You're a very important asset, Riley. You know the Multiverse well, you know how to deal with threats. We bear the resources to help." The man held a wineglass. "In case you've ever wanted to see Junko again, we can find her."

"Isn't that the Coalition and the Brotherhood's job? Protecting the Multiverse?" Riley asked astonished. "We wouldn't want to impede on their work. Hell, I work for the brotherhood!"

The man smiled. "We're defending Earth from various Multiversal threats like the Archdemon. We sent out a huge bounty on him. Nice touch with the giant robot, by the way. Never would have thought of that."

Riley spat his coffee out. "Defending Earth? You defend one part of a massive multiverse?"

The man laughed. "Oh, the UN has a Multiversal Initiative as well. Our job here is to minimize civilian casualties here on Earth. That's exactly what we do. These games could happen anywhere at any time. They happen in large cities, as you saw, and typically injure some of the local populace as well. Of course, it's not only these Murder Games we need to be afraid of, it's people from the Multiverse coming into Earth, and causing chaos here. That's your job. To prevent any weapons from being released in this, or any major city in the world by the Multiverse, and to return members where they belong. In return, we will give you a new life, and we will find Junko for you. You will lead your own squad to disarm these weapons. Sound like a deal?"

Riley sat silent for a moment. He clenched his fist. "I... Accept." He said.

The man was silent as well. "Follow me then."

Riley followed the man up an elevator, and showed that they were on the top floor of a building, overlooking the Neo-Tokyo skyline.

7824368740c9ab0f5c5a2a27b5105018.jpg

The man looked at him. "This city is your protectorate for now. in due time, you will move on to more cities, doing more jobs. Welcome, Captain Riley." He showed Riley a set of Armor in a room.

"Everything has been transferred. Once again, welcome." A helicopter landed, and the man got off. "We will contact you in the next few days with your first mission. Expect us."

Final Epilogue: No Rest For The Wicked
Soul-Eater-Evans-soul-eater-35854597-500-281.gif
What was Soul supposed to do? Sit about slack jawed as two of his friends vanished before his very eyes? Hope that Ruby and Sophie had hopped off to get ice cream without him and would be back any minute, laughing at how dumb he looked when he panicked?

That wasn't what he did. He pulled out his comm device and walked a few feet back "Hey, you guys got a signal on Ruby and Sophie? They passed out and straight up vanished..." He mutters, rubbing his eyes slowly "I got a bad feeling they're in another game...no...no idea who's in charge of it...it's a hunch, alright?" He mutters, keeping an eye on the spot they had been in

"So...can you take me to them?" He asks with a small cock of his brow "Of course I'm sure I'm ready..."

He smiles to himself and sits down to wait, a piano forming out of his legs as he begins to play something quietly in the now deserted graveyard

(Credit to KurantoB for a great cover)

latest
A soft, pale hand gripped his shoulder as the last few haunting notes fluttered through the air "Don't worry...you'll see her again...until you do...Keep your chin up...Don't fly off the chain...didn't do my any good" he chuckles for a moment, before placing a single white flower on a nearby grave and turning back to him "If you ever take any advice from a mass murdering ghost...let it be this...'If you love something, let it go, if it comes back, it was meant to be...if it doesn't...go get it'" he laughs gently and a thin fog forms around his feet "Oh, and tell Ruby her sis said hey"

With that, he vanished leaving Soul more than a little perturbed
soul-evans-soul-eater-10525615-443-414.jpg
"O...kay..."

He resumes his waiting, unsure if there was anything he'd be able to do to help Ruby or Sophie, or if once more, he'd be forced to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best

@york

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York and Minerva
cooltext131254340174392.png

cooltext131254950690631.png

got-game-of-thrones-29860034-500-282.gif=isch&ved=0CDYQMygHMAc&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=608&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there is an invincible summer inside of me.
-Albert Camus

A nightmare undone.

A quest fulfilled.

A sacred oath broken.

A journey winding to a close.

With the last gasp of the beast, the abomination that had corrupted his beloved half-sister, Jon stood, the flames on Longclaw fading away, the fiery aura surrounding him beginning to vanish. With his stoic eyes closed, he could feel the power seep away from Arya's last hope, last unsung shot to keep her bloodline alive. He knew that she couldn't have survived after that, he could feel it in his heart, ye, but he wept no tears. The bastard had lost so much already, and to show weakness, to spite her was the last of his wishes. A singular breath escaped his lips, feeling relieved, feeling as if this wondrous hell he had found himself trapped in was finally over.

"Finally..."

For how long had they journeyed? Himself, Travis, Chloe, Max, and the others who came and went. What felt like mere weeks felt like years, a slight pain stinging in his heart, feeling a chill arise in his hands. With a soft cringe, he swiftly put on his padded gloves, retracting the memories of whence he had succumbed to his illusions. In a way, it gave him more strength than before, more of a desire and willingness to live. His vows to the realms of men would never be forsaken, not with the eyes of Father, Robb, and Arya looming over him. In his hands, Longclaw, the pride of his namesake, of the house he believed himself to be in, slowly sheathed into the scabbard.

Beginning to abruptly turn around, pausing, Jon felt guilt arise within him. Could he? Could he simply leave on such a note? Rising his head, he looked at Max and Chloe, his dearest friends, the ones whom the crow believed he could always trust. Seeing them happy together brought a smile on the bastard's heart, and even he could not contain it. Slowly, he approached the two girls, a soft chuckle escaping his lips, recalling how the last time they saw him, he was but dead, his hands cold and his eyes blue. Reborn once more, Jon stood before them, unable to contain himself as he gave the two lovebirds a brief hug of companionship, one arm wrapped around Chloe and the other around Max. Briefly holding it, he pulled away, a proud look upon the brother's face.

"I couldn't of ask for anyone else to join me then you two. If I could, I would swear my sword alongside you, as sisters of the Night's Watch." Jon smiled, knowing his words meant actual little value. Surely, they did not know of the Watch, of the eternal nights he would forever oversee, to ensure the realms of men and gods were forever safe from the forces of darkness. Hearing a taunt from Travis, the bastard briefly paused, growing a little mischievous in his grin.

"A'ye, I'm sure he wouldn't mind, if he does, I don't care..."

Jon finished, his voice shockingly sly, whirling around, and beginning to reel back his right arm, his hand conjured into a fist.

Jon punched Travis right in the nose.

"I've been waitin' for that for awhile."

Doing a brief spar with Travis, Jon soon reeled back, hearing the sound of tearing behind in. Ye, in this realm of fire and brimstone, a fury of cold emerged, the howling of winter's winds echoing as a rift between space and time had opened. Pausing, Jon looked distraught, glancing slowly behind him, his ash, wolfish eyes lowering. Biting his lower lip softly, the bastard sighed, turning around and gazing into the spherical tear. He knew what lay beyond, he knew that the Coalition had made their promises to send him back, unlike the promises they had failed to follow with his half-sister.

Growing solemn and serious, Jon reached to his tattered, wolf-pelt, ebony cloak. Lifting it with both of his hands, he approached Max and Chloe once more, the bastard's face depressed but unfaltering. Offering the cloak to the two teenagers, the Snow slowly spoke, his rough, Northerner accent carrying the weight of emotion with it. He knew, hells, they all knew his duty, one that no Coalition nor any organization can take away from him.

"I want you two to keep this, a'ye, for me. When I left the Wall, I left Arya a Needle, and now I leave you two with my cloak. Keep your nights warm, for mine will always be cold. Maybe someday, our paths will cross, I hope so, Max and Chloe, I hope so." Jon remarked, his voice somber but hopeful, a rare slimmer of hope in a world ravaged by medieval politics and complete tragedy. Shifting over to Travis, Jon left the man whom he held a friendly rivalry with another token. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled a small dagger, one of the Valyrian steel ones that Jon had ironically embedded into his stomach by the Mourners during his undead state.

"Keep this, you damn fool. In another life, I'd imagine we would be at each other's throats in a tavern." Jon chuckled lightly, giving Travis a pat on his right shoulder, the young wolf beginning to turn around, peering into the rift. Two orbs of scarlet glared at him, of his direwolf Ghost, standing at an impressive five feet, tall and big enough to rip a man in two. Watching as the beast turned away, fading into the mist of this blizzard, Jon slowly approached it, snowflakes dancing around him, his black, shaggy hair fluttering in the breezes. Giving one last look behind him, Jon smiled, the winds of winter closing in around him, the feeling of utter chilliness his body had long forgotten.

"I thank you all, and if I ask, keep our memories, do not forget what has happened here. Now go, a'ye, sleep your nights, and I shall watch them, for this night, and all nights to come."

With that, Jon began to turn around, facing the rift before him. Lifting his left hand to shield his face, the rays of sunlight peering through nature's fury, the black crow poetically began to brave against the raging white. Daring to not look back, Jon pushed forwards, the rugged, brave man pausing only once in his venture away, pulling his hands together into fists. Hearing the leather clench, he gave a huff, lifting his head, and entering back into his home once more. Ye, upon his face, a lone tear trailed down his left cheek, swearing that he would uphold the memories for this night and all nights to come.

And with that, the raging winds began to fade, the rift closing upon itself, until only nothingness remained.

---

linna.jpg

From rifts afar, the crow treks back north, to the lands of ice and iron.
He wanders to a holding, a crier calling forth news.

His world flashed before him, the winds vanishing, a castle standing before him. Banners of a bear, a giant, a ironwood tree, a white sun, and several others fluttered in the breeze, unfazed by the feet upon feet of tranquil snow upon the hill and mountainous landscape surrounding the area. With a shocked gasp and widen eyes, Jon slowly ventured up the hill, looking at the castle, swearing he had recalled it before, long ago. It was not Winterfell, far from it, judging by the area and sheer structure of the holding. Yet, it pang a heartstring in the bastard's heart, reminding him of home.

"What news from the War, O' wandering crow, what do you bring today?
Have you seen Arya the She-Wolf by dusk or dawn?"

Approaching the gates of the holding, iron heaved as it was pulled upwards, armored Northerners approaching him hastily, Jon soon growing fear upon his face. Anyone who dares dawn the black cloak outside of the Wall was subjected to punishment by treason of an oath, a practice Jon had witnessed beforehand. Reaching for Longclaw, the twelve guards that approached him halted, one of them raising his hand. It was at this moment, Jon recalled, that whilst this was not Winterfell, the castle that stood before him is merely Last Hearth, seat of the Umbers, one of the many loyalists to the Stark lineage.

"I saw her running through fields of death, grey and crimson.
I saw her walk into empty promises, until she faded away

"Come with us, we know who you are and we wish not for your head." the captain reassured, leading Jon and the other eleven guards further into Last Hearth. Fires danced outside, guards standing near them as they threw their hands against the raging flames. Even in this tranquility of a windless winter, the chill was still frighteningly deadly, although one that Jon was not unfamiliar with. Looking about the chain-mailed guards as they ascended a flight of stone stairs towards a large, ten-foot wooden door to the main hall, Jon flinched as the captain pushed it forwards.

Her slender Needle, her broken heart, they to the ground they brought.
Her last breath drawn, her last cry wrought, all and forever lost."

Before his eyes, Jon walked slowly ahead, carved stone and wood greeting his eyes and chandeliers dangled from above. A grand hall fell before him, the faces of nearly sixty Northerner nobility glaring at one another. Once, they were but the grandfathers and grandsons of their proud houses, but now the responsibilities of their entire house rested upon the dying and inexperienced. From Lyanna Mormont, a mere ten-year-old girl, to Lord Wyman Manderly, an obese yet strong and resentful man, all nobility that knew of Jon, yet the bastard could only recall half of their faces barely. Feeling his feet frozen, Jon could hear the chatter raging among the Northerners, discussing the affairs of the recent, grave news that dark wings had brought forth.

O' Arya of House Stark, the bold but blind!
May you find rest with the rest of the pack within the wolfswood.

"THE BOLTONS HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE THRONE!"
"What do you expect us to do?! March south to Winterfell? A hundred stable boys could hold off thousands in there!"
"Do you expect us to bow to traitors?! Half of our own countrymen are locked underneath the bars that they have built. How can anyone accept rule from those that killed their own countrymen?!"
"Who do you proclaim king then, the Karstarks? They are the only ones with the blood still within them."
"It doesn't matter who the bloody king is if we cannot break the Boltons, especially if they ask of support from that damned Coalition! Do you think after what we done to their holdings that they will let that by, now that the She-Wolf is dead? What is there to d-"

Jon slowly walked forward, the room silencing as he did so. His padded, blacken leather crinkled as he leaned forward, staring at the nobility, knowing this was not his Westeros. Either he had been brought here on pure accident, or frighteningly, on purpose. Whatever the reasons may be, the nobility largely hushed, looking at Jon, as if they knew him. the crow balling his hands into a fist. In the back of his mind, he knew why he was here, but he didn't want to fully accept the notion of it. Raising his lips, Jon leaned back a bit, growing calm, speaking slowly.

"Arya Stark is dead."

The phrase was harder to say than imagine, the bastard unable to gag at the notion of it. Of course the Northerners knew of what had happened, as a final parting gift from the Arch-Demon, the lovely gift of knowledge. There, in an instance, the last known lineage to the North's ruling house was gone, and in it's stead, the entire kingdom felt racked with discord. Liars and thieves roam the streets of cities, highwaymen run rampant, and the Boltons secure Winterfell, despite imprisoning half of their own countrymen and partaking in slaughtering against them. Despite the true reality of Arya not actually being dead, there was little the She-Wolf could do in her broken, reconstructing state of rebirth.

Letting that linger in the air, Jon sighed heavily, beginning to feel given into his desires. There was no other option, especially with the hordes of the undead arising at the Wall. With no other support originating anywhere from the North, and Ramsey taunting him constantly with letters to the Wall, Jon knew there was only one way to prepare for the Long Night. It was a selfish move, but a move he expected the nobility around him to make. Unsheathing Longclaw, Jon spoke, the young, outcast taking a big chance, knowing that some would disagree with him.

"I know most of you only know me because of my father's blood, but I was born and raised Winterfell as with Robb and the rest of the Starks. I am not your king, I do not have the blood. But, with must get our strength, a'ye, against the Long Night. Stark, Bolton, Lannister, Tyrell...it wouldn't matter when they come. Believe me if you want to or not, the Wall cannot hold them, but if we can overthrow those Bolton bastards, and put me as head of Winterfell until a Stark is found...we might have a chance of living." Jon paused, leaning in close against the table, looking at the nobility around him, his wolfish gaze unnerving.

"And if not, we'll give em' 'ell until all we can feel is the cold."

An outroar erupted within the halls, not of resentment, shockingly, but of acceptance. It was a mutual agreement, one that could be worked out later. But, with a fractured nation and no other options left, they exhausted to desperate measures. Taking a big, deep whiff of air, Jon knew that his oath had technically been broken, having died once. Still, he could feel guilt reign in his heart as he turned around, beginning to leave the hall. It was rushed, a'ye, but they needed to move fast. Winter is coming, and as Jon stared into the skies, he could hear the whispers of Arya into his ear and the overwhelming sounds of a chant echoing throughout Last Hearth...

"THE KING IN THE NORTH!"

"THE KING IN THE NORTH!"

"THE KING IN THE NORTH!"

From rifts afar, the crow treks back north, to the lands of ice and iron.
He wanders to a holding, a crier calling forth news.
"What news from the War, O' wandering crow, what do you bring today?
Have you seen Arya the She-Wolf by dusk or dawn?"
"I saw her running through fields of death, grey and crimson.
I saw her walk into empty promises, until she faded away
Her slender Needle, her broken heart, they to the ground they brought.
Her last breath drawn, her last cry wrought, all and forever lost."
O' Arya of House Stark, the bold but blind!
May you find rest with the rest of the pack within the wolfswood.
-Lament of Arya

Final Epilogue: No Rest For The Wicked
Soul-Eater-Evans-soul-eater-35854597-500-281.gif
What was Soul supposed to do? Sit about slack jawed as two of his friends vanished before his very eyes? Hope that Ruby and Sophie had hopped off to get ice cream without him and would be back any minute, laughing at how dumb he looked when he panicked?

That wasn't what he did. He pulled out his comm device and walked a few feet back "Hey, you guys got a signal on Ruby and Sophie? They passed out and straight up vanished..." He mutters, rubbing his eyes slowly "I got a bad feeling they're in another game...no...no idea who's in charge of it...it's a hunch, alright?" He mutters, keeping an eye on the spot they had been in

"So...can you take me to them?" He asks with a small cock of his brow "Of course I'm sure I'm ready..."

He smiles to himself and sits down to wait, a piano forming out of his legs as he begins to play something quietly in the now deserted graveyard

(Credit to KurantoB for a great cover)

latest
A soft, pale hand gripped his shoulder as the last few haunting notes fluttered through the air "Don't worry...you'll see her again...until you do...Keep your chin up...Don't fly off the chain...didn't do my any good" he chuckles for a moment, before placing a single white flower on a nearby grave and turning back to him "If you ever take any advice from a mass murdering ghost...let it be this...'If you love something, let it go, if it comes back, it was meant to be...if it doesn't...go get it'" he laughs gently and a thin fog forms around his feet "Oh, and tell Ruby her sis said hey"

With that, he vanished leaving Soul more than a little perturbed
soul-evans-soul-eater-10525615-443-414.jpg
"O...kay..."

He resumes his waiting, unsure if there was anything he'd be able to do to help Ruby or Sophie, or if once more, he'd be forced to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best

@york
Ruby Rose & Sophie - Post Epilogue; An Interesting Finale
@DapperDogman
Suddenly, the sleeping form of Ruby Rose abruptly awoke, and, not too far away... The hooded figure of Sophie arose from a nearby gravestone as well; she looked a bit tired, though, her hood fell from her head rather than what had happened to Ruby's, which had fallen forwards a bit, covering her face. "Oof... What... I... Hold on... Aaah there!"
eIz4mYM.jpg

She finally took off the pesky hood from her face, breathing a sigh of relief before she looked around... There was that weird camp, then Sophie... Then- "SOOOOOOUL!!!" she shouted, rushing towards him and tackling him, for the moment, she didn't notice the piano that had appeared... Nor realized how strange it was for he himself to be here, but, she didn't care at the moment, she just hugged him abruptly. "You won't believe the weird dream I had! There was Sophie, and this strange camp and and... Some guy called Aku... It was so crazy! But we made it! I think... Was that really just a dream?!" she exclaimed, words practically tumbling out of her mouth as she spoke rapidly. Sophie grunted a little as she approached, leaning against a tree, it looked like she had remembered all of that too, but, how? Could both of them have shared a dream or something?

Ruby Rose & Sophie - Post Epilogue; An Interesting Finale
@DapperDogman
Suddenly, the sleeping form of Ruby Rose abruptly awoke, and, not too far away... The hooded figure of Sophie arose from a nearby gravestone as well; she looked a bit tired, though, her hood fell from her head rather than what had happened to Ruby's, which had fallen forwards a bit, covering her face. "Oof... What... I... Hold on... Aaah there!"
eIz4mYM.jpg

She finally took off the pesky hood from her face, breathing a sigh of relief before she looked around... There was that weird camp, then Sophie... Then- "SOOOOOOUL!!!" she shouted, rushing towards him and tackling him, for the moment, she didn't notice the piano that had appeared... Nor realized how strange it was for he himself to be here, but, she didn't care at the moment, she just hugged him abruptly. "You won't believe the weird dream I had! There was Sophie, and this strange camp and and... Some guy called Aku... It was so crazy! But we made it! I think... Was that really just a dream?!" she exclaimed, words practically tumbling out of her mouth as she spoke rapidly. Sophie grunted a little as she approached, leaning against a tree, it looked like she had remembered all of that too, but, how? Could both of them have shared a dream or something?
Soul Evans, Final Epilogue part 2
Soul stares for a moment and groans "And I missed the whole thing? No fair!" he gives a small smile and hugs Ruby gently, before turning to Sophie and then back to Ruby "Judging by the fact you outright disappeared from here, no...It wasn't a dream, you can ask Sophie if you like...she was gone too...it's odd I didn't get tugged into whatever you did"
latest
He suddenly perks up and taps his chin "Oh yeah, some weird looking guy showed up, said your sis said hello...Er...you know him? Tall, pale, white eyes...kinda chilly to be around?" he asks, cocking a brow with mild interest "He gave me some...pretty good advice, oddly enough, which isn't what I was expecting..."

@york

Soul Evans, Final Epilogue part 2
Soul stares for a moment and groans "And I missed the whole thing? No fair!" he gives a small smile and hugs Ruby gently, before turning to Sophie and then back to Ruby "Judging by the fact you outright disappeared from here, no...It wasn't a dream, you can ask Sophie if you like...she was gone too...it's odd I didn't get tugged into whatever you did"
latest
He suddenly perks up and taps his chin "Oh yeah, some weird looking guy showed up, said your sis said hello...Er...you know him? Tall, pale, white eyes...kinda chilly to be around?" he asks, cocking a brow with mild interest "He gave me some...pretty good advice, oddly enough, which isn't what I was expecting..."

@york
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@DapperDogman
Sophie looked puzzled at this, but, Ruby only took a moment to think before she remembered.
3b94586a-a36c-459e-86fa-cf13e6b05a29.gif

"Oh! Yeah! Him! I know him! He's at beacon too... With Yang! I was with him during the first Murder game I was in!" She exclaimed, her eyes gleamed with excitement, but, was there a little sadness in there too? That game certainly had been an experience, leaving behind various fond memories, though, there were a few she wasn't so fond of... She wouldn't want to forget all that had happened there, even if it had just been a botched simulation, she had made so many friends... With that in mind, she only seemed to hug Soul tighter without realizing it, giggling gleefully.​

While the composer could have questioned whether or not Teresa was lying about this matter, Joshua decided he wouldn't. After all, if he did find out she was lying and did care for him it would only make things more awkward. If she was lying, at this point, he was quite grateful. He couldn't help feeling a bit bad, however, about her words. They sounded like something Josh would say himself. Because of this, Joshua cleared his throat and replied, "Well, now, I never said you shouldn't have any friends at all, just that you should be careful who you make friends with. Don't force yourself to be alone if you don't have to."

When Teresa scoffed at him, Josh giggled at her.

9Mb0SMj.png

"Tee hee, you don't really know what you're missing out on, Teresa! If you'd simply open your mind to all of the possibilities behind you, you'd find that there is much beauty to the gluteus maximus."

"Anyhow," he said, speaking serious again, "I actually need to go. It looks like most of the people have left this battleground already, so I suggest we do the same. I have work to do." He paused thoughtfully. "But, perhaps you'd like to come with me? You've been to the Coalition before, and that's actually where I planned to go. I need to pick up a new recruit."

@Hospes
Epilogue; Tying Loose Ends; Part Three

84bd2a981e.jpg

Teresa simply shrugged off Joshua's further commentary, feigning nonchalance. "I ain't forcin' myself. Makin' friends ain't my thing," she responded plainly, obviously putting her walls back up. Whatever odd, friendly connection she'd made with Joshua moments before seemed to have been pushed back away, because she seemed back to her tsundere-ish, emotionally-distanced and stubborn self. "Maybe.. Maybe I just want to be alone," she added in a nearly inaudible whisper. Was that why it had been so difficult for her to go to visit Mal And the others? Why she didn't know what to do after she'd kissed Will? And, hell, why she was unsure even now if it she could try to seek out Yuki..?

Maybe that was it. Maybe Teresa Agnes just wanted solitude. Or, maybe, the Glader was just lying to herself again; trying to think up excuses to avoid her emotions and wants.

The way Joshua giggled at and looked at her before continuing on about the posterior.. Only served to make this particular Glader's face burn a bright red in something between frustration and embarrassment. "Very funny," she huffed, dismissively. There was no way in Shibuya she'd give him the satisfaction of taking his statement seriously, or, worse yet, actually considering it.

large.gif

This time around, Teresa's relief with what Joshua said next was much more intense. She'd never been so happy to have the chance to get out of a place..- Okay, aside from when she escaped the Glade, but that was beside the point. She was just incredibly glad that this was all finally over and done. So, she more than happily nodded at Joshua's offer to go with him to pick up the recruit, her features brightening ever-so-slightly. "I'd love to. Anything ta get out of this dump," she mused with a half-hearted grin, wavy black hair dancing lightly in the breeze. "..Even if it means pickin' up a recruit."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.