Status
Not open for further replies.
Max was still too woozy from being shot to do anything beyond weakly follow Joshua's instructions, thankful, at least, in the knowledge that the injury was temporary. It wasn't exactly the most dignified of departures, considering she was still sitting down awkwardly and still sniffling miserably as you'd expect an eighteen-year-old gunshot victim to do, but she was able to muster up just enough fortitude to grasp the reaper's hand blindly when it was offered to her. She screwed her eyes shut when he bid her do so, trying to ignore the stinging tears of pain streaming down her cheeks, and held her breath as she was transported.

She was dizzy when she came to in the wasteland, briefly staggering unstably as she tried to get to grips with being both back among the living and bullet-free. Unfortunately, while she was trying to readjust to her surroundings they almost instantly went ahead and shifted again, and as the dusty wasteland gave way to yet another ruined iteration of New York Max straight-up toppled over and faceplanted with a THUD.

She gave a miserable groan, hardly even stirring throughout the Watcher's telepathic broadcast. Which wasn't to say she didn't listen, and when Uatu finished speaking the photographer finally heaved out a deep, weary breath and pushed herself to her knees, swiping dust off her sleeves somewhat vigorously. Her eyes, naturally, automatically flickered to her erstwhile-injured leg, and even though no trace of tissue damage remained, she did affix the suspiciously bullet-shaped hole in her jeans with a dark glower and a disbelieving shake of the head.

Ugh. So petty.

That witch had to know there was no way for her to actually read the stupid names, too, which meant she prioritized victimizing Max over doing her fucking job. But ha! The joke was on her!
[FLASHBACK]

*totally not awkward or nosy neck-craning to see the names Bayonetta was carving over her shoulder*

[FLASHBACK END]

So at least she knew. Still, that really wasn't an experience she wanted to repeat any time soon. Who knew the afterlife could be such a nightmare?

Once the Maxinator finished running her system diagnostics, she finally managed to stand up, watching the group split up to go off to their various destinations. Which, of course, was important, and she'd probably get to that, but right now there was only one thing on her mind.

"Chloe?"

tumblr_inline_nq9nbmGMVC1t8kjtx_100.png

@TheBlueBurch @w/ever lel I've only been tagging the same three people for days now this is different​

As an angel of the afterlife, there really wasn't much for Joshua to do that he already hadn't done before. He was immortal; he had all the time in the world to try everything and he most certainly had. Joshua had tested out just about every hobby and had seen every film imaginable, even a few that some of his rookie reapers had produced. So after more than a few lifetimes of having seen and done just about everything, not much entertained him. So the bored, asshole of an angel wasn't amused by much. However, the three women in front of him were more than amusing, they were hysterical.

Sometime during their chatter, bitching, arguing, and shooting at each other, Joshua had taken a seat, crossed his legs, and propped his chin in his hand--quietly chuckling to himself. The smug angel almost wanted to give himself a pat on the back. His idea to let Ridley choose which one of them would come back to life had to have been the best thing he had thought of all day. The others whom he had dealt with in the afterlife during the first few days had not been nearly as entertaining--some of them had even been annoying--but no, he rather enjoyed these ones, especially Ridley. He could most certainly could respect a fellow fan of the rear end!

So for a while, the delighted god watched the trio--not saying a world. He didn't even bother to speak up to Coco, or check and see what in the world was taking Higa so long with getting Frank and Lisa out of the white room. No, he wanted to savor every moment of this amusement. After all, it wasn't as if the three of them would be around to amuse him forever. Joshua remained quiet until Ridley addressed him, asking if he could take a bullet out of Max.

"Hm, yes, of course I can," the angel replied, standing up and straightening his clothes after a moment. "When I send her back to the world of the living, she'll be fully healed."

Joshua stepped forward, reaching out to shake Max's hand. "I have to say, it was interesting to meet you. You and the other two ladies here have been rather entertaining to watch. It's honestly a shame you have to leave, but I understand you have a war to get back to. So I'll send you back right now. Close your eyes for me."

He let go of Max's hand and created a glowing aura around Max--causing her to disappear. When she would open her eyes, she would be in a barren wasteland, standing nearby a dusty, ravaged campsite with the other survivors.

Once she was gone, Joshua turned to Bayonetta and Ridley. "Now then, the two of you are going to help me out. I'll explain in a moment. But first, I'd like to make sure that the two of you are okay with fighting. If not, I'll give you... something else to do for a little while..."

As Joshua spoke, Higa appeared with Frank and Lisa. The two of them would see Bayonetta and Ridley standing with Joshua. "Here are the ones you wanted, boss."

"Ah, good, you two, come over here. I'm going to talk about what we're going to do next."

@Mari @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes @BarrenThin

Ridley hadn't failed to notice the amusement Joshua displayed, though she hardly paid it any mind. After all.. She wasn't here for some guy's entertainment.. Of course, she wouldn't mind entertaining Joshua- or any of the others -.. At least, on her own time. She didn't really appreciate being watched like her bitching was meant to make people laugh. It was to piss people off, in hopes of keeping people from getting dangerously close to her. A.. defense mechanism, of sorts; except she wasn't the one that was defended by it.

Or.. Was she? After all, it saved her the heartbreak that proved to happen by letting herself close to someone. The heartbreak she'd felt when she saw Link kiss Savannah Snow.

Tch. I'm better off without him, anyways.

Quietly, the Siren shifted her weight, nodding at Joshua's reply to her question. She seemed pretty nonchalant about the fact Max had been shot, even if some part of her cared. She just.. Didn't let care- or any positive emotion -show. Not unless it was through some sort of quip or remark that most people would see as negative treatment. Like a girl picking on a guy because she has a crush on him, in a way.

But, that didn't matter at the moment. As far as she was concerned, she was still in the middle of her piss-off contest; and she didn't like being interrupted. In fact, she was practically ignoring Joshua and Max; caught up in the hype of getting to be a bitch to someone for the hell of it. 'Coz right now, she and Bayonetta were going at it like;

post-26911-dog-stops-catfight-gif-Imgur-OAkg.gif

...Just, without the dog to break them up.

And, when Joshua asked if they'd fight, Rid just held up a hand to silence him. "Shh, Curls. Gimme a minute. We're in the middle of something? Sheesh. Have some respect." She shook her head with false disappointment. Soon enough, though, her attention went back to Bayo. "I'd still like to see you try to make me scream. It ain't something many people have pulled off.. So I doubt you have the capacity for it." Ohhhh yeah... Ridley was outright taunting now.

It looked like she hadn't even noticed Higa return with Frank and Lisa. She was too drawn up in teasing Bayonetta and trying to egg her on.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Mari

Chapter 6 - All Along The Watchtower

The wounded within the ravaged camp at the Badlands had been tended to, the mess from earlier had been cleaned up, and the group of survivors had gotten a chance to rest. While they waited for the divergent catalyst situation to be tended to, the voters declared that Shiki would be the one they would send back to the Coalition for questioning. Before they could send him back, however, he revealed himself to be the traitor. Now only one traitor remained.

Meanwhile, Aqua left the camp to take care of the divergent catalyst situation. She knew that the catalyst--the Aqua from this world--could be destroyed if she connected her heart to that version of herself and ended her own life. Her act of valor would help the survivors greatly, ridding them of a search for the catalyst which could've taken a much longer time without her sacrifice.

Once she was far away from the camp with Claire, she let go of the woman's hand and stepped back.

wLaxLf1.png

"I'll make it quick," Aqua told her, truly hoping she could quickly end her own life with little suffering. Without another word, Aqua summoned her keyblade in a flash of light within her hand and waved it, a black energy appearing at the tip. A very dark, eerie magic surrounded the keyblade master, quickly absorbed by her body. She choked afterwards, as if she had just taken water into her lungs. Before speaking again, Aqua stuck her keyblade into the earth, leaving it with all the other keyblades in the graveyard.

"I'm ashamed to admit that spell... is something I learned during my days as a traitor," she said, turning around to face Claire again. "But I bet Akibahara never thought I'd use it against him and take my own life with it. The spell will simply stop my heart, like a heart attack."

Moments later, Aqua began to feel her left arm throb, her jaw tighten in discomfort, and her chest squeezing her heart with pain. She placed a hand over her heart, eyes bugging out of her head as her body radiated with more pain than she had intended. She took several shaky steps back from Claire, quickly regretting it. She outstretched a hand and move to toward Claire again.

But Aqua would never reach her.

Letting out the sound of a cry mixed with a gasp, the dark magic stopped her heart instantly; Aqua's body began falling forward mid-step, her outstretched hand dropping along with it.

Even if Claire had attempted to, she wouldn't reach Aqua in time. She would catch a reflection of the world behind her in Aqua's dead eyes as it started to shatter...

Aqua's death had killed the catalyst also, and the world began to reform around them once again.

-

aeb2271e9804376459cd4dbe93480cd7.png

Good grief. What a pain.

Well, good news and bad news. Well, the part about it being good was debatable, but in any case, you could feel that you were all drawing closer to the realm of Arch Demon Akibahara now. He likely wasn't in his specific dimension, but you could almost feel his presence from above, observing you with watchful eyes, wanting to see what would happen next. What your next move would be. And speaking of which, what would you do here? It didn't look like there was much to do in this kind of barren wasteland of a world. Well, at least there was more to look at than the previous world. Unless you preferred keyblades over destroyed buildings.

... Actually, going back to talking about that presence, perhaps it wasn't just Akibahara. You could feel many presences watching over you. All of them quite powerful.

"Welcome, warriors," a familiar voice echoed in your heads, "I see some new faces have come into your company, but either way, I shall reintroduce myself for those of you who do not remember me. I am Uatu, the Watcher," the voice said. There didn't seem to be anyone around, meaning that whoever was talking to you all was doing it telepathically, "I spoke to you briefly back in your adventures in Gotham City, sending the dog Lockjaw to transport you into the next world."

"The Watchers have taken many of my powers, as I am forbidden from directly intervening in the fates of those I observe, but I fear that Arch Demon Akibahara is a threat that required my intervention, and thus, even if it was only a small gesture, I was penalized for sending out Lockjaw to aid you all," Uatu said, pausing for a brief moment, before continuing to speak, "But that is beside the matter. This world you are in… it is a world ravaged by the planet eater Galactus, who has manipulated this world into his liking, corrupting the inhabitants into his mind-controlled Heralds," he explained to the group, "I am afraid I cannot say much more on the matter, or else I might be penalized first, but I will say one thing… you cannot overpower Akibahara on your own. You will need to lower his power. Good luck…"

0975f608f930ebaae5e01b683435d232.png

As the voice faded out, Uatu stood in an unknown location, sighing briefly.

"Good luck… but will luck be good enough?"

- - -

Traveling through the city, you would all stop as you'd find yourself at an intersection within the city, leaving many places to go too from here and explore. Who knows what you might find?

Baxter Building – One of the few buildings left that isn't completely destroyed. The former headquarters of a supposedly well-renowned team of remarkable people. Who knows what you might found here?

Daily Bugle – An old newspaper publisher. Though it's obviously become… defunct, you might find some clues here or something like that.

Sanctum Sanctorum - A mysterious mansion that is said to be the former home of a powerful sorcerer. Who knows what strange things you might find in there?

Haunted Hill - The name sounds self-explanatory enough. A spooky place to be. There's also a presumably abandoned barn inside. What might be in there?

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 [Star Wars] and The Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses[Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf [The Lord of the Rings]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer [Type-Moon]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@Mtntopview as Frenzy [Transformers]
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt [Bioshock]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker [Resident Evil]
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black [Mortal Kombat]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as James "Jim" Raynor [StarCraft]
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi [Touhou]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones - DIED! INNOCENT! ENDED THE HALIWELL LINE!
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua - DIED! INNOCENT! SACRIFICED!
Erron watched as everything changed around him not used to this at all. He checked everything seeing that he retained all of his equipment. He was just about to walk off somewhere until Riley spoke up.

Riley looked at Sakuya, Junko, Raynor, Ludger and Erron. "I personally want to go to the Baxter Building, as I am good with Buildings, and can get a viewpoint from there, but I will go wherever. It's not my place to say where to go." Riley Stretched and yawned again. "It currently seems the safest, and there may be supplies I can use there. but as I said, anywhere is good."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan
"Hmmm close quarters inside more than likely.....good I could use some targets if we run into trouble. After all happiness is a warm gun." Erron states seeming completely fine with this choice. Of course he didn't care what lies ahead as far as enemies. If it moved he could shoot it and probably kill it.

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @TheBlueBurch

Travis-Touchdown-Default-Outfit.png

Everything was blurring together for Travis. After a time of seemingly non activeness, it seemed like it was clicking together. He realized how out of it he was. Fuck, did he really punch Jon Snow for no Reason. Maybe he could find a Hallmark card that says "Sorry I almost broke your noes" While in the city. Anyway, it seemed he wasn't the only one back in time. The assassin's eyes landed on Max.

"Shit! Sup Max? Should have guessed Death missed your ass."

Ridley hadn't failed to notice the amusement Joshua displayed, though she hardly paid it any mind. After all.. She wasn't here for some guy's entertainment.. Of course, she wouldn't mind entertaining Joshua- or any of the others -.. At least, on her own time. She didn't really appreciate being watched like her bitching was meant to make people laugh. It was to piss people off, in hopes of keeping people from getting dangerously close to her. A.. defense mechanism, of sorts; except she wasn't the one that was defended by it.

Or.. Was she? After all, it saved her the heartbreak that proved to happen by letting herself close to someone. The heartbreak she'd felt when she saw Link kiss Savannah Snow.

Tch. I'm better off without him, anyways.

Quietly, the Siren shifted her weight, nodding at Joshua's reply to her question. She seemed pretty nonchalant about the fact Max had been shot, even if some part of her cared. She just.. Didn't let care- or any positive emotion -show. Not unless it was through some sort of quip or remark that most people would see as negative treatment. Like a girl picking on a guy because she has a crush on him, in a way.

But, that didn't matter at the moment. As far as she was concerned, she was still in the middle of her piss-off contest; and she didn't like being interrupted. In fact, she was practically ignoring Joshua and Max; caught up in the hype of getting to be a bitch to someone for the hell of it. 'Coz right now, she and Bayonetta were going at it like;

post-26911-dog-stops-catfight-gif-Imgur-OAkg.gif

...Just, without the dog to break them up.

And, when Joshua asked if they'd fight, Rid just held up a hand to silence him. "Shh, Curls. Gimme a minute. We're in the middle of something? Sheesh. Have some respect." She shook her head with false disappointment. Soon enough, though, her attention went back to Bayo. "I'd still like to see you try to make me scream. It ain't something many people have pulled off.. So I doubt you have the capacity for it." Ohhhh yeah... Ridley was outright taunting now.

It looked like she hadn't even noticed Higa return with Frank and Lisa. She was too drawn up in teasing Bayonetta and trying to egg her on.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Mari

Bayonetta sighed.

tumblr_nbhqb7Lfmw1s7t9bko1_400.gif

"I have been bloody patient enough with this traitor. Scream all you like, I don't care. Or don't scream. I'll just do what I should have done ages ago. No more talk." Putting a round in Max's leg felt good, but this was going to be even better. She let the hate build in her even more, thinking to her death. Her separation from her lover. This was going to be the equalizer, and more possibly.

tumblr_nbgzqaQRwY1rp3wg0o7_r1_250.gif

"Don't scream", she whispered. She turned around, her back to Ridley.
tumblr_nch8txJEC41t6xtc8o1_r1_500.gif

And fired a round between Ridley's eyes.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin

Claire was numb.

Her vision had gone glassy and unfocused as she stared at the spot where Aqua once stood. Even as the world broke down around her, Claire held her hand out to catch someone she would never reach. An overwhelming feeling overtook her body as shook all over, and she took a stumbling foot forward. It was a useless, meaningless gesture, her standing there as if to hold Aqua in her arms. In this void of the world-between-worlds, Claire was truly and utterly alone.

No one will care, she thought, as the new world began to form around her. The Coalition would learn soon enough what had happened, and the players would as well. But would anyone care? Would anyone understand how brave Aqua had been in the end?

Y28o450.png

"A-Ah..."

Claire raised her hands to her face so that she could press at her watering eyes. She would never see Aqua again, no matter how long she lived. Not her Aqua. Someone may have been bringing their dead back to life, but Claire knew this was entirely different. Aqua had become a catalyst, and her death was undoubtedly final. Claire had agreed to see Aqua off, but she wondered now if would have been better for her not to have witnessed it. She felt foul and selfish for thinking it, but Claire regretted it entirely now.

I shouldn't have let you do it.

Claire's head bobbed as if she had felt a sharp pain. Her hands fumbled through her red hair and tears began streaming down her cheeks once again. She felt so sick and disgusted with herself. She felt as if everyone was laughing at her. This is what you deserved, Claire. She'd placed her brother on an altar and had him taken away from her once. Now it was Aqua's turn, and Claire was sure it would happen again. It would be an inevitability of her life; A consequence of not only stepping into Silent Hill, but to also being associated with the Arch Demon.

Swallowing roughly, Claire lowered her hands and shakily touched at her communicator. She knew she would sound like a blubbering mess, but she needed to hear the sound of Chris' voice.

"Chris. Chris." Water dribbled from Claire's chin and splashed at the ground. She looked so fucking silly, she knew. "I'm so s-so sorry. You need to know what I've done. What I've done again. I'm trying-- I'm trying so hard for you." Claire breathed deeply, calming herself slightly with a shudder. "I let another dear friend die for your sake. I'm still a monster."

She shut off the device quickly, suddenly feeling terribly guilty. She'd wanted to hear his voice, but she didn't want to hear what he would have to say. Even if he had reassured her, she knew in his heart that he had yet to forgive her. It painted everything he said in a judgmental light that suffocated Claire at times. A part of her hoped communications were still malfunctioning and that he hadn't heard a word of what she said.

Claire lowered her head and rubbed her wet face into her shoulder. As she turned to walk toward the group, she jumped harshly when she found Ludger and Leia standing behind her. They both looked at her with knowing frowns.

"I knew she was the catalyst," Ludger admitted, his head downcast. "I wasn't sure at first. Perhaps she was just linked to the real one, but I had a feeling. I couldn't... bring myself to say anything..." The agent looked in pain as he grimaced. "I can't tell you why my family's power works the way it does. It demands a sacrifice, no matter what or who it is. I've had to kill good people. Some of them just as good as Aqua."

Claire stared the man down, even as he couldn't look her in the eye. It bugged her to a degree that she knew was irrational. If he was trying to make her feel better, Claire didn't believe now was the time. She didn't care he was a fellow member of her shitty club of human sacrifice. Claire had been a member for far too long now.

cO8Zgfd.png

"The Coalition didn't want this to happen, Claire. I was a last resort."

Ludger seemed to desire to say more, but he briskly turned his head and began walking back down the street, toward the larger group. Leia lingered behind, and Claire found her glare settling on the girl instead. This was one of the people who'd taken Sherry away, after all.

But, Leia said something that Claire hadn't expected. Something that felt like a punch to her gut.

ycRVdzJ.png

"I have to come clean," Leia started, biting harshly on her lower lip. "I shouldn't be telling you this, and I might get in trouble, b-but... Claire, they lied. I mean, we lied. We never took Sherry. We lied to make you comply."

"You..." Time seemed to stand still as Claire continued to stare. This info smashed into her head, and Claire began to imagine where she could hit this girl to inflict the most pain. They had lied to her, placed her into this dangerous mission, led her to believe her brother and friend were in danger, and then they had taken away one the most wonderful people in the multiverse from her.

Maybe Mercy had it right all along.

"Get out of my sight," Claire said, unmoving. Leia looked up to meet her gaze, and Claire could see the hurt in her eyes. Good. "Leave me alone!" she exclaimed, to which Leia practically jumped. She then quickly scurried away, leaving Claire with her aching thoughts.​

Bayonetta sighed.

"I have been bloody patient enough with this traitor. Scream all you like, I don't care. Or don't scream. I'll just do what I should have done ages ago. No more talk." Putting a round in Max's leg felt good, but this was going to be even better. She let the hate build in her even more, thinking to her death. Her separation from her lover. This was going to be the equalizer, and more possibly.

Frank reacted before he realized he was angry.

Meaning he was screaming his head off, while trying to remove Bayonetta's with a lightsaber from behind.

@Mari
@Hospes
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Max was still too woozy from being shot to do anything beyond weakly follow Joshua's instructions, thankful, at least, in the knowledge that the injury was temporary. It wasn't exactly the most dignified of departures, considering she was still sitting down awkwardly and still sniffling miserably as you'd expect an eighteen-year-old gunshot victim to do, but she was able to muster up just enough fortitude to grasp the reaper's hand blindly when it was offered to her. She screwed her eyes shut when he bid her do so, trying to ignore the stinging tears of pain streaming down her cheeks, and held her breath as she was transported.

She was dizzy when she came to in the wasteland, briefly staggering unstably as she tried to get to grips with being both back among the living and bullet-free. Unfortunately, while she was trying to readjust to her surroundings they almost instantly went ahead and shifted again, and as the dusty wasteland gave way to yet another ruined iteration of New York Max straight-up toppled over and faceplanted with a THUD.

She gave a miserable groan, hardly even stirring throughout the Watcher's telepathic broadcast. Which wasn't to say she didn't listen, and when Uatu finished speaking the photographer finally heaved out a deep, weary breath and pushed herself to her knees, swiping dust off her sleeves somewhat vigorously. Her eyes, naturally, automatically flickered to her erstwhile-injured leg, and even though no trace of tissue damage remained, she did affix the suspiciously bullet-shaped hole in her jeans with a dark glower and a disbelieving shake of the head.

Ugh. So petty.

That witch had to know there was no way for her to actually read the stupid names, too, which meant she prioritized victimizing Max over doing her fucking job. But ha! The joke was on her!

So at least she knew. Still, that really wasn't an experience she wanted to repeat any time soon. Who knew the afterlife could be such a nightmare?

Once the Maxinator finished running her system diagnostics, she finally managed to stand up, watching the group split up to go off to their various destinations. Which, of course, was important, and she'd probably get to that, but right now there was only one thing on her mind.

"Chloe?"

tumblr_inline_nq9nbmGMVC1t8kjtx_100.png

@TheBlueBurch @w/ever lel I've only been tagging the same three people for days now this is different​
Having taken Jon's request for her to be more careful to heart, Chloe had just sort of quietly filed in with the group as the next dimensional shift happened. She felt like she needed another cigarette after getting a talk from friggin Uatu but she had smoked all of them and that was no good.

But the one thing that made it all better was hearing that familiar voice from her favorite hipster.

"Max!"

Rushing over and embracing Max into as tight of a hug as she could.

"Missed you, dork."

tumblr_nlqdr98Y7J1qa601io4_400.gif

@OrlandoBloomers

Erron watched as everything changed around him not used to this at all. He checked everything seeing that he retained all of his equipment. He was just about to walk off somewhere until Riley spoke up.

"Hmmm close quarters inside more than likely.....good I could use some targets if we run into trouble. After all happiness is a warm gun." Erron states seeming completely fine with this choice. Of course he didn't care what lies ahead as far as enemies. If it moved he could shoot it and probably kill it.

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"I haven't the slightest clue about this place, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to stick with you guys for a little longer," Sakuya said, not really caring where they went. Each area was just as foreign to her and she had no clues as to where to go, so randomly choosing one was fine, even if the others seemed to actually have an opinion on it.

@The Silver Paladin @Crimson Spartan @Baxter Building is go

Claire was numb.

Her vision had gone glossy and unfocused as she stared at the spot where Aqua once stood. Even as the world broke down around her, Claire held her hand out to catch someone she would never reach. An overwhelming feeling overtook her body as shook all over, and she took a stumbling foot forward. It was a useless, meaningless gesture, her standing there as if to hold Aqua in her arms. In this void of the world-between-worlds, Claire was truly and utterly alone.

No one will care, she thought, as the new world began to form around her. The Coalition would learn soon enough what had happened, and the players would as well. But would anyone care? Would anyone understand how brave Aqua had been in the end?

Y28o450.png

"A-Ah..."

Claire raised her hands to her face so that she could press at her watering eyes. She would never see Aqua again, no matter how long she lived. Not her Aqua. Someone may have been bringing their dead back to life, but Claire knew this was entirely different. Aqua had become a catalyst, and her death was undoubtedly final. Claire had agreed to see Aqua off, but she wondered now if would have been better for her not to have witnessed it. She felt foul and selfish for thinking it, but Claire regretted it entirely now.

Claire's head bobbed as if she had felt a sharp pain. Her hands fumbled through her red hair and tears began streaming down her cheeks once again. She felt so sick and disgusted with herself. She felt as if everyone was laughing at her. This is what you deserved, Claire. She'd placed her brother on an altar and had him taken away from her once. Now it was Aqua's turn, and Claire was sure it would happen again. It would be an inevitability of her life; A consequence of not only stepping into Silent Hill, but to also being associated with the Arch Demon.

Swallowing roughly, Claire lowered her hands and shakily touched at her communicator. She knew she would sound like a blubbering mess, but she needed to hear the sound of Chris' voice.

"Chris. Chris." Water dribbled from Claire's chin and splashed at the ground. She looked so fucking silly, she knew. "I'm so s-so sorry. You need to know what I've done. What I've done again. I'm trying-- I'm trying so hard for you." Claire breathed deeply, calming herself slightly with a shudder. "I let another dear friend die for your sake. I'm still a monster."

She shut off the device quickly, suddenly feeling terribly guilty. She'd wanted to hear his voice, but she didn't want to hear what he would have to say. Even if he had reassured her, she knew in his heart that he had yet to forgive her. It painted everything he said in a judgemental light that suffocated Claire at times. A part of her hoped communications were still malfunctioning and that he hadn't heard a word of what she said.

Claire lowered her head and rubbed her wet face into her shoulder. As she turned to walk toward the group, she jumped harshly when she found Ludger and Leia standing behind her. They both looked at her with knowing frowns.

"I knew she was the catalyst," Ludger admitted, his head downcast. "I wasn't sure at first. Perhaps she was just linked to the real one, but I had a feeling. I couldn't... bring myself to say anything..." The agent looked in pain as he grimaced. "I can't tell you why my family's power works the way it does. It demands a sacrifice, no matter what or who it is. I've had to kill good people. Some of them just as good as Aqua."

Claire stared the man down, even as he couldn't look her in the eye. It bugged her to a degree that she knew was irrational. If he was trying to make her feel better, Claire didn't believe now was the time. She didn't care he was a fellow member in her shitty club of human sacrifice. Claire had been a member for far too long now.

cO8Zgfd.png

Ludger seemed to desire to say more, but he briskly turned his head and began walking back down the street, toward the larger group. Leia lingered behind, and Claire found her glare settling on the girl instead. This was one of the people who'd taken Sherry away, after all.

But, Leia said something that Claire hadn't expected. Something that felt like a punch to her gut.

ycRVdzJ.png

"I have to come clean," Leia started, biting harshly on her lower lip. "I shouldn't be telling you this, and I might get in trouble, b-but... Claire, they lied. I mean, we lied. We never took Sherry. We lied to make you comply."

"You..." Time seemed to stand still as Claire continued to stare. This info smashed into her head, and Claire began to imagine where she could hit this girl to inflict the most pain. They had lied to her, placed her into this dangerous mission, led her to believe her brother and friend were in danger, and then they had taken away one the most wonderful people in the multiverse from her.

"Get out of my sight," Claire said, unmoving. Leia looked up to meet her gaze, and Claire could see the hurt in her eyes. Good. "Leave me alone!" she exclaimed, to which Leia practically jumped. She then quickly scurried away, leaving Claire with her aching thoughts.​

Riley saw Claire run off. He gulped, and wanted to approach her. "C-Claire? Can I tell you something? I feel like I failed my job. I promised that I would protect her, as well as the whole group. I failed at my job. My job as a Brotherhood Member, my job as a doctor, and my job as a human." Riley stood still. "I knew that she was or had something to do with the Catalyst. I fucking knew it, and I wanted to stop her, but she said she wasn't." Riley wiped tears from his eyes. "I feel for your loss, and I wish I had done more." Riley sighed. "If you ever want to talk, find me. I can help, and will always help. Mental Health is just as useful as Physical. Mens sana in corporo Sano." he then walked back to Junko, Sakuya and the rest of the group.

"Well, some weapons have two modes, and I know of a pair of sisters who can become guns, I'm strictly a scythe, for now, at least...I haven't found myself able to become anything else...maybe if I merged my soul with another weapon, I could inherit their form...I've never thought about it...I...I think that'd work, thinking back on it...I'm sure Tsubaki inherited her brother's ability when she consumed his soul...So perhaps if we meet a gun Demon Weapon who's evil, I'll gain a gun form too..." he smiles a little and shrugs "I like to think I'm cool enough as is" he puts on a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and shrugs "But, I suppose having more flexibility can't hurt"

@york
Chapter 6 - All Along The Watchtower

The wounded within the ravaged camp at the Badlands had been tended to, the mess from earlier had been cleaned up, and the group of survivors had gotten a chance to rest. While they waited for the divergent catalyst situation to be tended to, the voters declared that Shiki would be the one they would send back to the Coalition for questioning. Before they could send him back, however, he revealed himself to be the traitor. Now only one traitor remained.

Meanwhile, Aqua left the camp to take care of the divergent catalyst situation. She knew that the catalyst--the Aqua from this world--could be destroyed if she connected her heart to that version of herself and ended her own life. Her act of valor would help the survivors greatly, ridding them of a search for the catalyst which could've taken a much longer time without her sacrifice.

Once she was far away from the camp with Claire, she let go of the woman's hand and stepped back.

wLaxLf1.png

"I'll make it quick," Aqua told her, truly hoping she could quickly end her own life with little suffering. Without another word, Aqua summoned her keyblade in a flash of light within her hand and waved it, a black energy appearing at the tip. A very dark, eerie magic surrounded the keyblade master, quickly absorbed by her body. She choked afterwards, as if she had just taken water into her lungs. Before speaking again, Aqua stuck her keyblade into the earth, leaving it with all the other keyblades in the graveyard.

"I'm ashamed to admit that spell... is something I learned during my days as a traitor," she said, turning around to face Claire again. "But I bet Akibahara never thought I'd use it against him and take my own life with it. The spell will simply stop my heart, like a heart attack."

Moments later, Aqua began to feel her left arm throb, her jaw tighten in discomfort, and her chest squeezing her heart with pain. She placed a hand over her heart, eyes bugging out of her head as her body radiated with more pain than she had intended. She took several shaky steps back from Claire, quickly regretting it. She outstretched a hand and move to toward Claire again.

But Aqua would never reach her.

Letting out the sound of a cry mixed with a gasp, the dark magic stopped her heart instantly; Aqua's body began falling forward mid-step, her outstretched hand dropping along with it.

Even if Claire had attempted to, she wouldn't reach Aqua in time. She would catch a reflection of the world behind her in Aqua's dead eyes as it started to shatter...

Aqua's death had killed the catalyst also, and the world began to reform around them once again.

-

aeb2271e9804376459cd4dbe93480cd7.png

Good grief. What a pain.

Well, good news and bad news. Well, the part about it being good was debatable, but in any case, you could feel that you were all drawing closer to the realm of Arch Demon Akibahara now. He likely wasn't in his specific dimension, but you could almost feel his presence from above, observing you with watchful eyes, wanting to see what would happen next. What your next move would be. And speaking of which, what would you do here? It didn't look like there was much to do in this kind of barren wasteland of a world. Well, at least there was more to look at than the previous world. Unless you preferred keyblades over destroyed buildings.

... Actually, going back to talking about that presence, perhaps it wasn't just Akibahara. You could feel many presences watching over you. All of them quite powerful.

"Welcome, warriors," a familiar voice echoed in your heads, "I see some new faces have come into your company, but either way, I shall reintroduce myself for those of you who do not remember me. I am Uatu, the Watcher," the voice said. There didn't seem to be anyone around, meaning that whoever was talking to you all was doing it telepathically, "I spoke to you briefly back in your adventures in Gotham City, sending the dog Lockjaw to transport you into the next world."

"The Watchers have taken many of my powers, as I am forbidden from directly intervening in the fates of those I observe, but I fear that Arch Demon Akibahara is a threat that required my intervention, and thus, even if it was only a small gesture, I was penalized for sending out Lockjaw to aid you all," Uatu said, pausing for a brief moment, before continuing to speak, "But that is beside the matter. This world you are in… it is a world ravaged by the planet eater Galactus, who has manipulated this world into his liking, corrupting the inhabitants into his mind-controlled Heralds," he explained to the group, "I am afraid I cannot say much more on the matter, or else I might be penalized first, but I will say one thing… you cannot overpower Akibahara on your own. You will need to lower his power. Good luck…"

0975f608f930ebaae5e01b683435d232.png

As the voice faded out, Uatu stood in an unknown location, sighing briefly.

"Good luck… but will luck be good enough?"

- - -

Traveling through the city, you would all stop as you'd find yourself at an intersection within the city, leaving many places to go too from here and explore. Who knows what you might find?

Baxter Building – One of the few buildings left that isn't completely destroyed. The former headquarters of a supposedly well-renowned team of remarkable people. Who knows what you might found here?

Daily Bugle – An old newspaper publisher. Though it's obviously become… defunct, you might find some clues here or something like that.

Sanctum Sanctorum - A mysterious mansion that is said to be the former home of a powerful sorcerer. Who knows what strange things you might find in there?

Haunted Hill - The name sounds self-explanatory enough. A spooky place to be. There's also a presumably abandoned barn inside. What might be in there?

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 [Star Wars] and The Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses[Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf [The Lord of the Rings]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer [Type-Moon]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@Mtntopview as Frenzy [Transformers]
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt [Bioshock]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker [Resident Evil]
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black [Mortal Kombat]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as James "Jim" Raynor [StarCraft]
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi [Touhou]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones - DIED! INNOCENT! ENDED THE HALIWELL LINE!
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua - DIED! INNOCENT! SACRIFICED!
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@DapperDogman @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The others

Ruby laughed a little "Oh boy... You almost remind me of Jaune sometimes..." she said thoughtfully, though before either of them could say much more... The environment around them changed, and Sophie, on the inside knew that someone had just sacrificed themselves to make them progress further, and in the end, noticing the only one missing from the group, she realized that the person who was sacrificed was Aqua. She looked towards Ruby, but, didn't say anything; it would be better to wait to break the news later, as she didn't want to ruin that moment she was having with Soul.

Soon enough, after the mental briefing by an overseer of sorts, the same one who helped them earlier, the pair looked around, and Ruby seemed to realize someone was missing too by now, but, she didn't speak, instead, she thought for a moment. "Oh! I know where to go!" She exclaimed, pointing to the daily bugle building, she was prepared to head off in no time, but, she stopped to look towards Soul and Sophie "So, should we go?" she asked. Sophie nodded a little in affirmation "Might as well see what happened here... Some clues about the catalyst would be nice too..." she murmured.​

@Hospes @BarrenThin @Mari

Joshua was suddenly pissed.

His body glowed and he transformed into his serious, more mature looking form. His voice became deeper, his body appeared so bright it was hard to look upon him, and his presence was one of power; Joshua looked far more threatening this way. He waved a hand and stopped Bayonetta's bullet, making it disappear and re-appear in his hand.

vJcflIe.png

"Enough."

"We aren't here to play around and fight each other. While it was entertaining at first, it's getting ridiculous now. As I speak, even another member of your group has just died. And I'm having a rough time recovering her soul. You know what that means? The arch-demon is growing in power. He will either begin possessing the souls of the dead or they will start shattering. This will throw the multiverse so out of balance that my plane of existence will begin cracking under pressure, overflowing with too many dead souls. Now, you can either work together with me so that we can solve the issue I'm going to tell you about, or you can sit in a quiet little room and I'll give you some homework to do. It's your choice. Either way, I'd like it if all of you would stop bickering. It's idiotic to do while precious lives are being lost."

Damn, this was probably he most serious anyone had seen Joshua be in a while. No more butt touching and smartass fun time. He meant business with this.​

His body glowed and he transformed into his serious, more mature looking form. His voice became deeper, his body appeared so bright it was hard to look upon him, and his presence was one of power; Joshua looked far more threatening this way. He waved a hand and stopped Bayonetta's bullet, making it disappear and re-appear in his hand.

vJcflIe.png

"Enough."

"We aren't here to play around and fight each other. While it was entertaining at first, it's getting ridiculous now. As I speak, even another member of your group has just died. And I'm having a rough time recovering her soul. You know what that means? The arch-demon is growing in power. He will either begin possessing the souls of the dead or they will start shattering. This will throw the multiverse so out of balance that my plane of existence will begin cracking under pressure, overflowing with too many dead souls. Now, you can either work together with me so that we can solve the issue I'm going to tell you about, or you can sit in a quiet little room and I'll give you some homework to do. It's your choice. Either way, I'd like it if all of you would stop bickering. It's idiotic to do while precious lives are being lost."

Damn, this was probably he most serious anyone had seen Joshua be in a while. No more butt touching and smartass fun time. He meant business with this.​

Frank simply glowered between Joshua and Bayonetta.

@Mari
@Hospes
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Jon blinked, and lo, the world shifted anew.

From the deserts of a dying wasteland to the ruins of a once thriving city, Jon was greeted to the longing and familiar sight of a normal environment. Which, to be fair, it was no Winterfell, nor a Wall, but the ruins of some futuristic city had grown accustomed to the mind of the weary, cloaked bastard. Wielding Longclaw on his right shoulder, he softly smiled at the news of another traitor meeting rightful justice. Each round, the daggers fell, the swords of his fellow brothers and sisters boldly piercing the nights that awaited them. Perhaps he was foolish to underestimate them, from Chloe to Travis. Perhaps they had a chance, and perhaps, he could find Mercy, and find the sister he had lost for years in the deepest abyss of her accursed, stricken mind.

Approaching Chloe and Travis, the bearded Northerner paused, his stoic eyes widening at the sight of a familiar girl before her. One he recalled lying in a pit of rubble, one he recalled that braved through alongside her blue-haired, best friend, and one that tore his heart in pieces at the tolling of her death bells in an academy he had no recollection of. His shaky breath halted, watching Chloe embrace that brunette, Jon feeling a rush of emotions, one of sorrow, one of guilt, and one of joy. The thought of someone coming back alive was devastating to the crow, not in a negative matter, but the concept of life and death being so interchangeable foreign and mystical.

"M-Max..." he rasped out, smiling, approaching the two girls, letting them embrace, the black-clad swordsman overwhelmed with joy. "I...I'm sorry for failing you." Jon openly admitted, albeit awkwardly, his eyes glancing at the earth below. "I should of been the one to take the sword, to take the bolt...forgive me." the bastard admitted, holding his head down a bit, forcing up a smile. "I swear I will see it that you two are safe, alongside everyone else here, a'ye. A man told me once my heart will kill me..." Jon grinned, giving a brief nod of his head, his black hair fluttering in the breezes that flowed through this aging city coated in orange-hued skies.

"Then, a'ye, let it kill me. I wo-"

A howling of a wolf.

Jon froze, and slowly turned towards the Haunted Hill, of which the howl seemed to originate from, or at least, near.

He knew that howl.

@TheBlueBurch @OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Josh M @Uhh peeps yaaa oh I hope I didn't do anything DMing illegal there it isn't anything big soowie.

After hearing the news of Aqua's death, and seeing Legolas' reaction, Fi muttered something in the native, ancient tounge of her and Link's world.

May Hylia and the Goddesses watch over your soul as you sleep.

Link remained completely quiet as he turned his head a bit to glance at the Master Sword. He then looked ahead to their new destination, determined. He didn't know Aqua personally, but from what he gathered she was important to the group as well as Legolas. That was enough information for him to process in his sleep deprived state.

@Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Raven @whoever else is/might be going where we are idek anymore

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Bayonetta sighed.

tumblr_nbhqb7Lfmw1s7t9bko1_400.gif

For someone on death's row- for the second time in under an hour -, Ridley was almost annoyingly calm. "Hm, hm. You know.. I think you might have some anger issu--"

vJcflIe.png

"Enough."

Ridley, a little surprised by the way the bullet had simply stopped, just stared at Josh for a minute. Or... She would've, if he weren't glowing like a fucking sun. So instead, she settled for glancing at Bayonetta with a very slight smug grin.

rid_by_anlinblack95-d4o3cfl.jpg

It was the kind of grin that almost makes you want to simultaneously slap it off her face and trip over yourself trying to kiss her on the cherry-red lips. But, of course, there'd be time for that later. There were other important matters to attend to, like... "Hm. Fine. What is it you want us to do, anyways, Curls?" she inquired, slipping on sunglasses. "And really; can you cut it with your little supernova mode? I'd rather not go blind, thank you very much."

Of course, Ridley only now seemed to realize Frank and Lisa were there.. And didn't really seem to know how to react. She was glad to see Frank, pissed to see Lisa, upset Frank was there because it meant he'd died, and happy Lisa was there because it meant she'd died.. So basically, that was a lot of emotion.. For someone who claimed she couldn't feel.

"..Y'know, I thought I'd seen you for the last time already."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @BarrenThin

For someone on death's row- for the second time in under an hour -, Ridley was almost annoyingly calm. "Hm, hm. You know.. I think you might have some anger issu--"

Ridley, a little surprised by the way the bullet had simply stopped, just stared at Josh for a minute. Or... She would've, if he weren't glowing like a fucking sun. So instead, she settled for glancing at Bayonetta with a very slight smug grin.

rid_by_anlinblack95-d4o3cfl.jpg

It was the kind of grin that almost makes you want to simultaneously slap it off her face and trip over yourself trying to kiss her on the cherry-red lips. But, of course, there'd be time for that later. There were other important matters to attend to, like... "Hm. Fine. What is it you want us to do, anyways, Curls?" she inquired, slipping on sunglasses. "And really; can you cut it with your little supernova mode? I'd rather not go blind, thank you very much."

Of course, Ridley only now seemed to realize Frank and Lisa were there.. And didn't really seem to know how to react. She was glad to see Frank, pissed to see Lisa, upset Frank was there because it meant he'd died, and happy Lisa was there because it meant she'd died.. So basically, that was a lot of emotion.. For someone who claimed she couldn't feel.

"..Y'know, I thought I'd seen you for the last time already."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @BarrenThin

"Well, you weren't getting rid of me that easy, kid." Frank crossed his arms.

@Hospes

Claire was numb.

Her vision had gone glossy and unfocused as she stared at the spot where Aqua once stood. Even as the world broke down around her, Claire held her hand out to catch someone she would never reach. An overwhelming feeling overtook her body as shook all over, and she took a stumbling foot forward. It was a useless, meaningless gesture, her standing there as if to hold Aqua in her arms. In this void of the world-between-worlds, Claire was truly and utterly alone.

Y28o450.png

"A-Ah..."

She shut off the device quickly, suddenly feeling terribly guilty. She'd wanted to hear his voice, but she didn't want to hear what he would have to say. Even if he had reassured her, she knew in his heart that he had yet to forgive her. It painted everything he said in a judgmental light that suffocated Claire at times. A part of her hoped communications were still malfunctioning and that he hadn't heard a word of what she said.

Claire stared the man down, even as he couldn't look her in the eye. It bugged her to a degree that she knew was irrational. If he was trying to make her feel better, Claire didn't believe now was the time. She didn't care he was a fellow member in her shitty club of human sacrifice. Claire had been a member for far too long now.

cO8Zgfd.png

ycRVdzJ.png

res-6-chris-campaign.jpg

As Chris listened to what Claire had said to him over the communicator, he was ready to respond, quick to comfort his younger sister in her time of need. However, before he could do so, he would find that Claire had quickly disconnected. He paused for a brief moment, almost dumbfounded at first. What did she say? It was hard to even register, though luckily, through her sobs, Chris managed to hear Claire just fine. The problem, of course, was that he didn't know how to respond.

But before he could figure out what he wanted to say, he acted.

He attempted to contact Claire's communicator, and only hers. It's not like anything good would come out of talking to the others about this, likely. He didn't know what Ludger and Leia might have to say about this, but then again, perhaps it was for the best that he don't involve them. At least, not yet.

Family always came first.

Aside from possibly his parents, Claire was the very first person Chris cared for deeply. Before he met Jill, before he met Barry, before he met any of the people he called friends once upon a time, there was Claire, his one and only sister that he wanted to protect with all his strength.

It frustrated him to no end that he could never protect the ones he loved when it mattered the most.

After all, when he had died, Chris's only regret was that he had to prematurely leave her, along with Jill and others, behind.

But he wasn't going anywhere again. At least, not yet. He would make damn well sure of that. He would protect Claire. He would be there for her, and no force within the multiverse was going to stop Chris Redfield from taking care of his little sister. He absolutely had to!

As Claire would run off, Chris would attempt to contact her through her communicator again.

"Claire! Claire, come on... pick up."

@Atomyk

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Status
Not open for further replies.