Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing the news of Aqua's death, and seeing Legolas' reaction, Fi muttered something in the native, ancient tounge of her and Link's world.

May Hylia and the Goddesses watch over your soul as you sleep.

Link remained completely quiet as he turned his head a bit to glance at the Master Sword. He then looked ahead to their new destination, determined. He didn't know Aqua personally, but from what he gathered she was important to the group as well as Legolas. That was enough information for him to process in his sleep deprived state.

@Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Raven @whoever else is/might be going where we are idek anymore

Legolas, hearing Fi saying something, in what seemed like a chant, was curious. He looked at her with a smile, while the group continued to walk towards Sanctum Sanctorum.

2015-JAN-The-Hobbit-Legolas-300x216.jpg

"That sounded absolutely beautiful, my love," he said, "though it was in a tongue I can not distinguish. May I ask what you were saying?" Normally he would pass off those dialects he knew nothing of as unimportant to him, but with her, that was definitely not the case.

@Lizzy @Raven @sanctumsanctorumpeeps

"I haven't the slightest clue about this place, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to stick with you guys for a little longer," Sakuya said, not really caring where they went. Each area was just as foreign to her and she had no clues as to where to go, so randomly choosing one was fine, even if the others seemed to actually have an opinion on it.

@The Silver Paladin @Crimson Spartan @Baxter Building is go

Riley walked back toward the group. His face stained with tears. "I'm sorry. I had to be a therapist for a moment. Help Claire with the loss of Aqua." Riley sighed. "Let's go to the Baxter Building."

@Atomyk @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan

Legolas, hearing Fi saying something, in what seemed like a chant, was curious. He looked at her with a smile, while the group continued to walk towards Sanctum Sanctorum.

2015-JAN-The-Hobbit-Legolas-300x216.jpg

"That sounded absolutely beautiful, my love," he said, "though it was in a tongue I can not distinguish. May I ask what you were saying?" Normally he would pass off those dialects he knew nothing of as unimportant to him, but with her, that was definitely not the case.

@Lizzy @Raven @sanctumsanctorumpeeps

"It is the.native tounge of my world, an ancient language. I wanted to pay respects to your dear friend, Aqua to the.best of my abilities. So, I had said..." Fi started but stopped long enough for-

"May Hylia and the Goddesses watch over your soul as you sleep." Link to finish her sentence/phrase for her.

@Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Raven

Reactions: Poe Dameron
As he heard Fi speak again, he turned towards her. Being less experienced with interpersonal relationships, but adept at strategizing and planning, Legolas could not help but ask about one obstacle that stood before them as a long term partnership.

"Though there is no hiding of what we feel for each other," he started to explain, "I wonder though, if what we have is only destined to be a beautiful shining moment, instead of a long lasting partnership." He had a home, a responsibility to his father and his people after all. And Fi had a master to look after, and their own campaign to return to after this was over. Assuming they would all make it through alive.

"I only say this because of the reality of our situation. It is not a reflection of my feelings, those are too strong to be quieted by any situation, my lady. My love."

@Lizzy @Raven @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman
Meanwhile, Joseph smiled. 'Now, as as riveting as I found your first domestic, how about we save the confessions of love for a place less....corpsy. At least it seems that I can count on the rest of the Magic-types here to have my back, and hopefully stop being a pain in the-' He remembered his agonising death. '....Neck. A pain in the neck.'

When presented with his choices of destination, Joseph decided to follow the elf and the sword spirit to the Sanctum Sanctorum. 'Magic. Fantastic. Now I'm really in my element.' He smiled in glee at the prospect of finally not being the fish-out-of-water. And being alive. That was also pretty cool.
@Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150

(Thanks for keeping me in the loop Wedge & Lizzy).

Chapter 6 - All Along The Watchtower

The wounded within the ravaged camp at the Badlands had been tended to, the mess from earlier had been cleaned up, and the group of survivors had gotten a chance to rest. While they waited for the divergent catalyst situation to be tended to, the voters declared that Shiki would be the one they would send back to the Coalition for questioning. Before they could send him back, however, he revealed himself to be the traitor. Now only one traitor remained.

Meanwhile, Aqua left the camp to take care of the divergent catalyst situation. She knew that the catalyst--the Aqua from this world--could be destroyed if she connected her heart to that version of herself and ended her own life. Her act of valor would help the survivors greatly, ridding them of a search for the catalyst which could've taken a much longer time without her sacrifice.

Once she was far away from the camp with Claire, she let go of the woman's hand and stepped back.

wLaxLf1.png

"I'll make it quick," Aqua told her, truly hoping she could quickly end her own life with little suffering. Without another word, Aqua summoned her keyblade in a flash of light within her hand and waved it, a black energy appearing at the tip. A very dark, eerie magic surrounded the keyblade master, quickly absorbed by her body. She choked afterwards, as if she had just taken water into her lungs. Before speaking again, Aqua stuck her keyblade into the earth, leaving it with all the other keyblades in the graveyard.

"I'm ashamed to admit that spell... is something I learned during my days as a traitor," she said, turning around to face Claire again. "But I bet Akibahara never thought I'd use it against him and take my own life with it. The spell will simply stop my heart, like a heart attack."

Moments later, Aqua began to feel her left arm throb, her jaw tighten in discomfort, and her chest squeezing her heart with pain. She placed a hand over her heart, eyes bugging out of her head as her body radiated with more pain than she had intended. She took several shaky steps back from Claire, quickly regretting it. She outstretched a hand and move to toward Claire again.

But Aqua would never reach her.

Letting out the sound of a cry mixed with a gasp, the dark magic stopped her heart instantly; Aqua's body began falling forward mid-step, her outstretched hand dropping along with it.

Even if Claire had attempted to, she wouldn't reach Aqua in time. She would catch a reflection of the world behind her in Aqua's dead eyes as it started to shatter...

Aqua's death had killed the catalyst also, and the world began to reform around them once again.

-

aeb2271e9804376459cd4dbe93480cd7.png

Good grief. What a pain.

Well, good news and bad news. Well, the part about it being good was debatable, but in any case, you could feel that you were all drawing closer to the realm of Arch Demon Akibahara now. He likely wasn't in his specific dimension, but you could almost feel his presence from above, observing you with watchful eyes, wanting to see what would happen next. What your next move would be. And speaking of which, what would you do here? It didn't look like there was much to do in this kind of barren wasteland of a world. Well, at least there was more to look at than the previous world. Unless you preferred keyblades over destroyed buildings.

... Actually, going back to talking about that presence, perhaps it wasn't just Akibahara. You could feel many presences watching over you. All of them quite powerful.

"Welcome, warriors," a familiar voice echoed in your heads, "I see some new faces have come into your company, but either way, I shall reintroduce myself for those of you who do not remember me. I am Uatu, the Watcher," the voice said. There didn't seem to be anyone around, meaning that whoever was talking to you all was doing it telepathically, "I spoke to you briefly back in your adventures in Gotham City, sending the dog Lockjaw to transport you into the next world."

"The Watchers have taken many of my powers, as I am forbidden from directly intervening in the fates of those I observe, but I fear that Arch Demon Akibahara is a threat that required my intervention, and thus, even if it was only a small gesture, I was penalized for sending out Lockjaw to aid you all," Uatu said, pausing for a brief moment, before continuing to speak, "But that is beside the matter. This world you are in… it is a world ravaged by the planet eater Galactus, who has manipulated this world into his liking, corrupting the inhabitants into his mind-controlled Heralds," he explained to the group, "I am afraid I cannot say much more on the matter, or else I might be penalized first, but I will say one thing… you cannot overpower Akibahara on your own. You will need to lower his power. Good luck…"

0975f608f930ebaae5e01b683435d232.png

As the voice faded out, Uatu stood in an unknown location, sighing briefly.

"Good luck… but will luck be good enough?"

- - -

Traveling through the city, you would all stop as you'd find yourself at an intersection within the city, leaving many places to go too from here and explore. Who knows what you might find?

Baxter Building – One of the few buildings left that isn't completely destroyed. The former headquarters of a supposedly well-renowned team of remarkable people. Who knows what you might found here?

Daily Bugle – An old newspaper publisher. Though it's obviously become… defunct, you might find some clues here or something like that.

Sanctum Sanctorum - A mysterious mansion that is said to be the former home of a powerful sorcerer. Who knows what strange things you might find in there?

Haunted Hill - The name sounds self-explanatory enough. A spooky place to be. There's also a presumably abandoned barn inside. What might be in there?

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 [Star Wars] and The Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses[Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf [The Lord of the Rings]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer [Type-Moon]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@Mtntopview as Frenzy [Transformers]
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt [Bioshock]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker [Resident Evil]
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black [Mortal Kombat]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as James "Jim" Raynor [StarCraft]
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi [Touhou]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones - DIED! INNOCENT! ENDED THE HALIWELL LINE!
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua - DIED! INNOCENT! SACRIFICED!
Aqua sacrificing herself for them to move forward...while they hadn't interacted as much they were still comrades at arms, and once again they would find themselves in an alternative world not too different from their own.

"It would seem the Arch Demon does not like our universe for some reason." Storm remarked to Crusader.

Crusader in turn would just nod. It hadn't been that long ago when they had visited another destroyed New York much like this one.

Alice had a slight frown as her vote was proven wrong, but surprisingly seemed nonplussed as Shiki cackled and ranted about his murderous ways.

"You were my second guess :|"

Her usual mild arrogance aside, she waited calmly as Aqua and Claire left to finish the last catalyst. When the worlds diverged and they found themselves in a new one once more, she gave a small sigh of relief as she glanced around at their surroundings.

Oh. Destroyed New York again. It was starting to feel like home away from home. She rolled her eyes and muttered something akin to curiosity about what this city did to piss Aki off as she glanced around at the others once the Watcher has done its part. "Well? You heard the man... creature thing, we have work to do and advantages to create. Let us be-" she frowned slightly as Shanghai and Hourai floated up and peered at the group with concerned frowns of their own.

Two things

1. When the hell did miss Izayoi get here!?

2. ... where was miss Aqua?

It was odd. Alice was certain that Aqua had said she was the only one who could kill the catalyst of that world. She'd obviously been successful, so it wasn't as if she'd lost the fight... unless...

...Oh.

The only real indication of any emotion besides the slightly befuddled frown on the puppeteers face was how quick Shanghai was to float down and wrap her Alice in a hug from behind, little arms not quite making it all the way around the youkai's waist. She knew the afterlife existed and all, but with how close they were to the end... Eventually, she quietly shook her head and pushed Shanghai off of her. "I will head for the sanctum. Magic is a forte of mine." Her words were just as calm and cool as always, but there was a slight undercurrent of moroseness to them as she and her dolls set off.

She may not have known of this conflict for nearly as long as the others.

But Aki would pay for what he'd done to them and these worlds, and Alice hoped dearly to be present when that debt came crashing down around his wretched head.

@Others who think magic is a cool and fun thing to explore and totally not dangerous at all
"Allow me to accompany you to the sanctum." Storm replied. "While I have never stepped foot inside, I believe I have the most knowledge with this place still."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @SanctumBuddies

Having taken Jon's request for her to be more careful to heart, Chloe had just sort of quietly filed in with the group as the next dimensional shift happened. She felt like she needed another cigarette after getting a talk from friggin Uatu but she had smoked all of them and that was no good.

But the one thing that made it all better was hearing that familiar voice from her favorite hipster.

"Max!"

Rushing over and embracing Max into as tight of a hug as she could.

"Missed you, dork."

tumblr_nlqdr98Y7J1qa601io4_400.gif

@OrlandoBloomers

Both girls would find themselves picked up from the ground to be embraced into a big hug. "Glad to see you back, Max!" Realizing she was hugging them a bit too hard she'd let them go. "Sorry..." It wasn't like she was really close with Max or anything, but her and Chloe had struck up a bond that had been extended to Max as well. Resurrections of good people should be a celebration by itself anyway.

@TheBlueBurch @OrlandoBloomers

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is the.native tounge of my world, an ancient language. I wanted to pay respects to your dear friend, Aqua to the.best of my abilities. So, I had said..." Fi started but stopped long enough for-

"May Hylia and the Goddesses watch over your soul as you sleep." Link to finish her sentence/phrase for her.

@Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Raven

Legolas bowed his head to Fi out of respect, and out of gratitude. "Thank you," he said to her, "she was a friend, as most of us are here. One of the rare heroes who carried on with honor and dignity, no matter the circumstances." He continued to keep his hand with hers. "We can only fight on in her honor. And in honor of the others that have passed on, as well as for ourselves, we must win this battle."

@Lizzy @Raven @Mighty Roman @sanctumsanctorumcrew

Reactions: Takumi and Mari
Meanwhile, Joseph smiled. 'Now, as as riveting as I found your first domestic, how about we save the confessions of love for a place less....corpsy. At least it seems that I can count on the rest of the Magic-types here to have my back, and hopefully stop being a pain in the-' He remembered his agonising death. '....Neck. A pain in the neck.'

When presented with his choices of destination, Joseph decided to follow the elf and the sword spirit to the Sanctum Sanctorum. 'Magic. Fantastic. Now I'm really in my element.' He smiled in glee at the prospect of finally not being the fish-out-of-water. And being alive. That was also pretty cool.
@Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150

(Thanks for keeping me in the loop Wedge & Lizzy).

Legolas heard what Joseph said as he joined those who were traveling towards Sanctum Sanctorum. He smiled and shook his head.

"One does not simply express love in private", he replied.

@Mighty Roman @Lizzy @Raven @sanctumsanctorumcrew

Reactions: Takumi
Bayonetta laughed. "Well of course it was going to get out of control dear, with Mister Butt Fetish refereeing, after all."

She leapt into the air, landed on Joshua's back, and gave his butt a very firm slap.

tumblr_ne2o6cBrcG1s1o4ako3_250.gif

She looked at Ridley. "Lucky for you, little one, you have all these people on your side to help you. Barely a match for little old me all by lonesome. Quite sad, is it not?" To Frank Castle, she simply shrugged and wondered why he was so friendly to the traitor that killed her. "Even through my glasses, it pains me to see one's true colors", she said softly.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@DapperDogman @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The others

Ruby laughed a little "Oh boy... You almost remind me of Jaune sometimes..." she said thoughtfully, though before either of them could say much more... The environment around them changed, and Sophie, on the inside knew that someone had just sacrificed themselves to make them progress further, and in the end, noticing the only one missing from the group, she realized that the person who was sacrificed was Aqua. She looked towards Ruby, but, didn't say anything; it would be better to wait to break the news later, as she didn't want to ruin that moment she was having with Soul.

Soon enough, after the mental briefing by an overseer of sorts, the same one who helped them earlier, the pair looked around, and Ruby seemed to realize someone was missing too by now, but, she didn't speak, instead, she thought for a moment. "Oh! I know where to go!" She exclaimed, pointing to the daily bugle building, she was prepared to head off in no time, but, she stopped to look towards Soul and Sophie "So, should we go?" she asked. Sophie nodded a little in affirmation "Might as well see what happened here... Some clues about the catalyst would be nice too..." she murmured.​
"I'm assuming Jaune's a cool guy too" he says with a small grin, before noting the world fell around behind him, sighing a little he notes who was missing, the blue haired lass with the key...shame...she had a pure soul, something he couldn't say for sure about many of the others, they had some darkness to them, she was a selfless hero, yet bore the brand of the Archdmemon at least once...a shame...

"I see no reason not to head out that way...I suppose it's as good a time as any to go check out a place a bunch of sleazy journalists used to work"

@york @Daily Bugle Peeps

Legolas heard what Joseph said as he joined those who were traveling towards Sanctum Sanctorum. He smiled and shook his head.

"One does not simply express love in private", he replied.

@Mighty Roman @Lizzy @Raven @sanctumsanctorumcrew
Joseph laughed. 'You're either a very good man, or a very naive one. Lovers of mine don't tend to last long, so you can now understand why I'm such a cynic.' he paused. 'Well, why I'm a cynic for romance per se. I'm a ray of sunshine, and if it concerns Magic or Death, I'm a virtual expert! And by 'not lasting long', I don't just mean I have commitment issues, I mean that they don't last long on this mortal coil. Just a friendly broadcast. Holding his bottle precariously, he made a 'thumbs-up' sign. ;But don't worry! Live while you're young, 'cos the whole Interdimensional crisis, will be over by Christmas.'

@Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Lizzy

Joseph laughed. 'You're either a very good man, or a very naive one. Lovers of mine don't tend to last long, so you can now understand why I'm such a cynic.' he paused. 'Well, why I'm a cynic for romance per se. I'm a ray of sunshine, and if it concerns Magic or Death, I'm a virtual expert! And by 'not lasting long', I don't just mean I have commitment issues, I mean that they don't last long on this mortal coil. Just a friendly broadcast. Holding his bottle precariously, he made a 'thumbs-up' sign. ;But don't worry! Live while you're young, 'cos the whole Interdimensional crisis, will be over by Christmas.'

@Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Lizzy
Izana walks over to the group, followed by ace, stitch and Jake able to follow along if they so desired. "Hello. I'm sure you remember me. Well, Some of you. For others I seem to be the most invisible creature here, and I'm the LARGEST here too. Wonder what gives there. Bet I could roar and no one would hear." He chuckles, making it as a joke and not a complaint. "Anyway, whats up?" The friendly sherade is clearly an attempt at covering up his grief over those that have passed, while Ace remains vacant of any resemblance of caring, though he cares that others are dying, he has no way of recalling them once they have passed.

@Mighty Roman @Wedge Antilles @Raven @ all

(by joining this party I hope you understand that I will not be the most frequent poster while at work, which will be most of the rest of the week. (Thursday, Sunday, and Nighttime possible exceptions. PLEASE don't just abandon the Characters because I cannot post. If you can agree to that, I think ALL of this will go swimmingly. ^^))

• Nice Execution!
Izana walks over to the group, followed by ace, stitch and Jake able to follow along if they so desired. "Hello. I'm sure you remember me. Well, Some of you. For others I seem to be the most invisible creature here, and I'm the LARGEST here too. Wonder what gives there. Bet I could roar and no one would hear." He chuckles, making it as a joke and not a complaint. "Anyway, whats up?" The friendly sherade is clearly an attempt at covering up his grief over those that have passed, while Ace remains vacant of any resemblance of caring, though he cares that others are dying, he has no way of recalling them once they have passed.

@Mighty Roman @Wedge Antilles @Raven @ all

(by joining this party I hope you understand that I will not be the most frequent poster while at work, which will be most of the rest of the week. (Thursday, Sunday, and Nighttime possible exceptions. PLEASE don't just abandon the Characters because I cannot post. If you can agree to that, I think ALL of this will go swimmingly. ^^))
'Izana!' said Joseph merrily. 'How's life? I mean, how's continued living with no temporary breaks? Despite the company we've shared, I have a feeling that we have some catching up to do. Met any Lady Dragons while I've been gone?' He smiled. It was good to be back, and with old....friends? Joseph wasn't usually one to have friends. Or any lasting/living friends. Chalk it up to a new experience, he thought. Be cool. Impress your friends.
@FireDrake150

"I don't think we've ever had this "Christmas" in our world." Fi said.

Link looked to both Joseph and Izana.

"You two are friends?" He asked, a smile forming as he spoke. Having friends was a good thing, no matter the world.

@Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Raven (crappy good morning post)

"I don't think we've ever had this "Christmas" in our world." Fi said.

Link looked to both Joseph and Izana.

"You two are friends?" He asked, a smile forming as he spoke. Having friends was a good thing, no matter the world.

@Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Raven (crappy good morning post)

Legolas then remembered something Fi mentioned, or alluded to earlier. "You still have a surprise for me?", he asked her. "Though, between the two of us now, I don't know if surprises are still possible."

@Lizzy @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Raven

Having taken Jon's request for her to be more careful to heart, Chloe had just sort of quietly filed in with the group as the next dimensional shift happened. She felt like she needed another cigarette after getting a talk from friggin Uatu but she had smoked all of them and that was no good.

But the one thing that made it all better was hearing that familiar voice from her favorite hipster.

"Max!"

Rushing over and embracing Max into as tight of a hug as she could.

"Missed you, dork."

tumblr_nlqdr98Y7J1qa601io4_400.gif

@OrlandoBloomers

Max couldn't form the words to respond. What was there to say? There just... weren't words in the English language to describe what she felt when she caught her first glimpse of that familiar blue hair and beanie hat. Overjoyed, maybe, but that felt sorta like describing the sun as warm. Maybe it was because the knowledge was finally starting to sink in; she was alive. They both were. Chloe and her were both alive and okay, and as far as Max was concerned, that made everything better.

She was beyond ready for the hug, but that didn't change the fact that she was about a head smaller than Chloe, so she ended up taking a few wobbly steps back with it when she tried to reciprocate. Which... didn't bother her in the slightest. She was just happy she was here, and that was extremely obvious from the tremulous smile she bore as she wrapped both arms around Chloe in turn and buried her face in the other girl's shoulder, willing herself not to cry.

"Thanks, punk ass."

She was content to let the hug linger for a time, assured as she was in Chloe's arms, but she eventually broke it off. She took a moment to glance over her best friend's pockets curiously, giving a small grin once she spotted the distinctly camera-shaped bulge, and swiftly nabbed it with a playful pinch. She gave it a once-over for damage, breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was mostly in good shape, and promptly slung her arm around Chloe's shoulder.

"Let's grab a photo to capture the glorious second coming of Max. Say cheese!"

tumblr_noplhjK9uJ1qcxzu2o1_500.gif

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @TheBlueBurch

Travis-Touchdown-Default-Outfit.png

Everything was blurring together for Travis. After a time of seemingly non activeness, it seemed like it was clicking together. He realized how out of it he was. Fuck, did he really punch Jon Snow for no Reason. Maybe he could find a Hallmark card that says "Sorry I almost broke your noes" While in the city. Anyway, it seemed he wasn't the only one back in time. The assassin's eyes landed on Max.

"Shit! Sup Max? Should have guessed Death missed your ass."

"He... didn't exactly miss."

Max pointed out sheepishly, flapping the newly-taken polaroid photo in the wind a few times to encourage its development.

"He just gave me a do-over. Story of my life, I guess."

"Do-over queen" didn't really have the same ring to it as retcon queen did, but they were practically synonymous.
Jon blinked, and lo, the world shifted anew.

From the deserts of a dying wasteland to the ruins of a once thriving city, Jon was greeted to the longing and familiar sight of a normal environment. Which, to be fair, it was no Winterfell, nor a Wall, but the ruins of some futuristic city had grown accustomed to the mind of the weary, cloaked bastard. Wielding Longclaw on his right shoulder, he softly smiled at the news of another traitor meeting rightful justice. Each round, the daggers fell, the swords of his fellow brothers and sisters boldly piercing the nights that awaited them. Perhaps he was foolish to underestimate them, from Chloe to Travis. Perhaps they had a chance, and perhaps, he could find Mercy, and find the sister he had lost for years in the deepest abyss of her accursed, stricken mind.

Approaching Chloe and Travis, the bearded Northerner paused, his stoic eyes widening at the sight of a familiar girl before her. One he recalled lying in a pit of rubble, one he recalled that braved through alongside her blue-haired, best friend, and one that tore his heart in pieces at the tolling of her death bells in an academy he had no recollection of. His shaky breath halted, watching Chloe embrace that brunette, Jon feeling a rush of emotions, one of sorrow, one of guilt, and one of joy. The thought of someone coming back alive was devastating to the crow, not in a negative matter, but the concept of life and death being so interchangeable foreign and mystical.

"M-Max..." he rasped out, smiling, approaching the two girls, letting them embrace, the black-clad swordsman overwhelmed with joy. "I...I'm sorry for failing you." Jon openly admitted, albeit awkwardly, his eyes glancing at the earth below. "I should of been the one to take the sword, to take the bolt...forgive me." the bastard admitted, holding his head down a bit, forcing up a smile. "I swear I will see it that you two are safe, alongside everyone else here, a'ye. A man told me once my heart will kill me..." Jon grinned, giving a brief nod of his head, his black hair fluttering in the breezes that flowed through this aging city coated in orange-hued skies.

"Then, a'ye, let it kill me. I wo-"

A howling of a wolf.

Jon froze, and slowly turned towards the Haunted Hill, of which the howl seemed to originate from, or at least, near.

He knew that howl.

@TheBlueBurch @OrlandoBloomers @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Josh M @Uhh peeps yaaa oh I hope I didn't do anything DMing illegal there it isn't anything big soowie.

As Max was giving their ragtag crew a quick headcount to determine who was still around, the Night's Watch brother's grizzled Northern face was one she was particularly happy to see, reflected by the smile she gave him when he approached. His seeming guilt, however, garnered a far more sympathetic look, and Max frowned slightly as she patted him on the arm towards the end of his apology. It wasn't his fault. She knew that, and she wanted Jon to know that too. But before she could open her mouth to reassure him, his attention was pulled towards the distant howling of a wolf, and Max blinked once or twice as she followed his gaze keenly.

"Umm... something spook you? It's probably just a stray dog, or... something..."
Both girls would find themselves picked up from the ground to be embraced into a big hug. "Glad to see you back, Max!" Realizing she was hugging them a bit too hard she'd let them go. "Sorry..." It wasn't like she was really close with Max or anything, but her and Chloe had struck up a bond that had been extended to Max as well. Resurrections of good people should be a celebration by itself anyway.

Joshua was a little more then surprised when Bayonetta jumped into the air, on top of him, and gave his butt a slap. It wasn't often that the angel found himself surprised either. "All right, all right, just get off me!" he said appearing and disappearing in another spot so that Bayonetta would fall off of his back. "I'm starting to see that clearly I'm going to have to separate you and the siren." He glanced at Rildley. "And I'm going to likely keep you here. I don't think you really fight in any manner but seducing, so you'd probably be better suited to some homework instead."

@Mari @BarrenThin @Hospes

Max couldn't form the words to respond. What was there to say? There just... weren't words in the English language to describe what she felt when she caught her first glimpse of that familiar blue hair and beanie hat. Overjoyed, maybe, but that felt sorta like describing the sun as warm. Maybe it was because the knowledge was finally starting to sink in; she was alive. They both were. Chloe and her were both alive and okay, and as far as Max was concerned, that made everything better.

She was beyond ready for the hug, but that didn't change the fact that she was about a head smaller than Chloe, so she ended up taking a few wobbly steps back with it when she tried to reciprocate. Which... didn't bother her in the slightest. She was just happy she was here, and that was extremely obvious from the tremulous smile she bore as she wrapped both arms around Chloe in turn and buried her face in the other girl's shoulder, willing herself not to cry.

"Thanks, punk ass."

She was content to let the hug linger for a time, assured as she was in Chloe's arms, but she eventually broke it off. She took a moment to glance over her best friend's pockets curiously, giving a small grin once she spotted the distinctly camera-shaped bulge, and swiftly nabbed it with a playful pinch. She gave it a once-over for damage, breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was mostly in good shape, and promptly slung her arm around Chloe's shoulder.

"Let's grab a photo to capture the glorious second coming of Max. Say cheese!"

tumblr_noplhjK9uJ1qcxzu2o1_500.gif

"He... didn't exactly miss."

Max pointed out sheepishly, flapping the newly-taken polaroid photo in the wind a few times to encourage its development.

"He just gave me a do-over. Story of my life, I guess."

"Do-over queen" didn't really have the same ring to it as retcon queen did, but they were practically synonymous.

As Max was giving their ragtag crew a quick headcount to determine who was still around, the Night's Watch brother's grizzled Northern face was one she was particularly happy to see, reflected by the smile she gave him when he approached. His seeming guilt, however, garnered a far more sympathetic look, and Max frowned slightly as she patted him on the arm towards the end of his apology. It wasn't his fault. She knew that, and she wanted Jon to know that too. But before she could open her mouth to reassure him, his attention was pulled towards the distant howling of a wolf, and Max blinked once or twice as she followed his gaze keenly.

"Umm... something spook you? It's probably just a stray dog, or... something..."

Words alone couldn't accurately describe how much Chloe had missed Max. Which was fine with her because she didn't want to go on some sappy tear-filled spiel. The ever loyal sidekick getting to hug her big hero was good enough for her. It had also been far too long since someone that wasn't Felix called her a 'punk ass' and so to hear it again but coming from Max in a more affectionate manner was a cherry on top of the feels sundae.

"O-Oh, yeah I kept it safe for ya. Some of the people here wanted to look at it for clues and shit. But wasn't too keen on letting anyone other than me hold it. Thankfully it turned out that nobody else had to hold it but me."

As the hug was finally broken and Max decided they should take a new picture, who was Chloe to say no? "Just make sure you get my good side, Max." She boasted playfully as the picture was snapped.

life_is_strange___max_and_chloe___sfm__by_mrjimjamjamie-d8n6jr9.jpg
Aqua sacrificing herself for them to move forward...while they hadn't interacted as much they were still comrades at arms, and once again they would find themselves in an alternative world not too different from their own.

"It would seem the Arch Demon does not like our universe for some reason." Storm remarked to Crusader.

Crusader in turn would just nod. It hadn't been that long ago when they had visited another destroyed New York much like this one.

"Allow me to accompany you to the sanctum." Storm replied. "While I have never stepped foot inside, I believe I have the most knowledge with this place still."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @SanctumBuddies

@TheBlueBurch @OrlandoBloomers
As Max tended to Travis and Jon's greetings/worries, Chloe probably would have said something herself. Being that Jon was probably one of the few people here that Chloe considered an actual friend. But her entire train of thought got pretty derailed as Crus scooped her up off her feet and hugged.

"Ow."

Once Crus hopefully let go of them, Chloe winced but waved it off otherwise.

"Don't worry about it, Crus! Just showing that you care, right? Just a bit stronger than most hugs is all."

*beat*

"Okay, maybe a lot stronger."

@Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

Reactions: CCC Kouhai
@The Daily Bugle

411132-bugle1.png

Those headed for the Daily Bugle would find a large building ahead of them. They would enter into revolving doors on the first floor and walk into a large newspaper firm with various floors full of offices and work rooms. Some particular rooms of interest could be seen.

The Editor's Office
The manager's Office
Employee Offices
Break Room​

Bayonetta laughed. "Well of course it was going to get out of control dear, with Mister Butt Fetish refereeing, after all."

She leapt into the air, landed on Joshua's back, and gave his butt a very firm slap.

tumblr_ne2o6cBrcG1s1o4ako3_250.gif

She looked at Ridley. "Lucky for you, little one, you have all these people on your side to help you. Barely a match for little old me all by lonesome. Quite sad, is it not?" To Frank Castle, she simply shrugged and wondered why he was so friendly to the traitor that killed her. "Even through my glasses, it pains me to see one's true colors", she said softly.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @BarrenThin

"True colors? She even tell you how she died? Ridley caught a bullet meant for me- jumped in the damn way! Like Hell am I going to let you kill someone who's already paid their penance in my eyes!" It was about then he saw Max's blood on the floor. "Whose is that?"

The witch would have no room to talk about 'true colors' if Frank found out she had shot a teenage girl.

@Mari
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Hospes

Status
Not open for further replies.