Status
Not open for further replies.

"Now, it's our job to catch the bad guys." He smiled at her. "In the meantime... where do you want to go?"

@Hospes
@Kaykay

Ryan also seemed to understand this, and she nodded slightly. "Okay," she replied, trying to keep from looking too sad. "Well.. I'm not sure.. But I want to stay with Reece: I have to protect her, too. Mama would want me to-.."
01a.png

"It all suddenly becomes black and white when you put complex things into simple words like that, eh?" Archer inquired, deactivating his spirit form and suddenly appearing in front of Frank, Ryan, and Kinuhata like a ghost out of nowhere, "If only things could always be explained that easily, but I digress..."

"Quite chilly around this time of night, isn't it? Do you need a coat?" The man would ask Ryan with a straight face, before glancing at Frank, "What a pain... It appears that you really are rubbing off on me. I don't think I would ever even face a child if it weren't for you, it seems."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Hospes

tumblr_m73150g4Pf1qfl90zo3_250.gif

"..I'm fine, thank you," Ryan answered, offering Archer a faint smile. Yup.. That fabulous cape of hers had to be keeping her warm. She did seem to catch what Archer was talking about.. And her features fell slightly. "You don't have to talk to me, if it's a pain... I don't want to be a bother.."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Verite

To that, Saber let out an amused chuckle. It wasn't the first time such a comment had been brought to her attention. If she continued be to be summoned for the Holy Grail Wars, she doubted it would have been the last. But Ryuko genuinely seemed curious. Pulling Excalibur out of the ground and holding it to her side, the servant smirked towards the girl.

"All I suppose I can say in that regard? Is that you shouldn't believe everything you read. The truth may just surprise you."

b54b87167604531.jpg

images

"As usual, you raise a good point, Rin. But I'll have plenty of time to think about me! When I make sure that everyone else's lives are taken care of first." He'd say while baring a well-meaning smile on his face. He knew that his over-zealous attempts to try and help everyone could have ended up hurting him in the long-run. But as far as Shirou was concerned? That was a worthy enough price to pay for being the hero of justice that Kirtusugu had desired to be and what Shirou actually strives to be.

Upon the group continuing to pick up steam and move onwards to the church, they would have eventually reached it and both Shirou and Saber stayed quiet as Kirei addressed the group at large. While Shirou would have liked to know the depths of Kirei's knowledge on the Murder Games as a whole, it wasn't his place to ask but that of those who's lives were actually on the line. That said, he was fully aware him and Saber likely still had a chance of being victims of some kind of threat. But the lives of those in the game mattered more at the moment. Worry for his own well-being would have to come later.

"Any idea on where to go, Saber?"

"I did have one destination in mind. The Courtyard to be precise. Those who wish to come are free to follow if they wish." Saber offered with it clearly meant towards those Saber had some interaction with like Donny, obviously Lon'qu, and perhaps even Ryuko if she desired to come along.

@Verite @C.T. @El Tigre! @Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman
"....The courtyard it is....." was all Lon'qu said as he headed to The Courtyard with the others. "..Coming along Donny...?"

"...yeah, sure.."

Lon'qu and Donny walked along to the courtyard with whoever came along. Of course Lon'qu wasn't going to stop Saber from interacting or anything. He merely wanted to be there in case everything went to hell in a hand basket. Donny understanding that wanted to stick with his friend for now.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Last edited:
Ryan also seemed to understand this, and she nodded slightly. "Okay," she replied, trying to keep from looking too sad. "Well.. I'm not sure.. But I want to stay with Reece: I have to protect her, too. Mama would want me to-.."

tumblr_m73150g4Pf1qfl90zo3_250.gif

"..I'm fine, thank you," Ryan answered, offering Archer a faint smile. Yup.. That fabulous cape of hers had to be keeping her warm. She did seem to catch what Archer was talking about.. And her features fell slightly. "You don't have to talk to me, if it's a pain... I don't want to be a bother.."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Verite
Kinuhata didn't exactly care where they went. But a study room sure as hell sounded boring, and the ghost house sounded kind of fun. Or at least interesting. But before any of that...

"I'm pretty sure your sister is the one doing the super protecting," she told Ryan before turning to Archer. "No one super asked you to look at a child if you didn't want to."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Verite

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
With the untimely murder of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato, the journey to the Church where Kirei Kotomine awaited was delayed temporarily so that the others could determine the culprit behind the incident. The cause of death was evidently immolation, and the one clue that aided their investigation was a gas lamp on the bridge that had been broken from the inside.

Initially, suspicion rested upon Deoxys, particularly after Erika Furudo and Batter Ushiromiya, but with some swaying from Mikoto Misaka, the public vote had moved over to Pyro by quite a large margin.

Meanwhile, Caren Hortensia still awaits to find her father, unaware that the man she would meet in the Church was precisely the one she was looking for.

And so the story continues here.

06b.png

"Okay, then. That's your final choice?" Rin would ask to confirm after everyone would finish, before nodding, "Alright. I'll use the magical scanning once we get to the Church and we can take a breather. Let's go," she spoke, beginning to walk again towards the Church.

The road wasn't too strenuous. Fuyuki City may be a decently big place, but anything could seem manageable when standing in the center of the place. On the other side of town where the Church was, all one needed to pass by was the familiar Station Front where Caren Hortensia had arrived from, and a strange, eerie Ghost House, where the more observant could indeed sense that it was not in fact, a ghost house.

But perhaps you could go back there later. That is, if you dared.

Besides the night and the deceivingly bright stars and moon out, perhaps what added to the possible sense of dread in the air was the cold, chilling Winter wind. Though one had to wonder how Rin was managing to stay comfortable in the cold despite what she was wearing.

Maybe her thighs really were warm and toasty all year round, as a certain Meira from the Coalition had once suggested and commented on.

0TSmZpU.png

The Church itself was a strange, paradoxical place. Normally, most churches were supposed to give many people, at least, many Christians anyway, a sense of relief and so on. A place other than their home to call home. After all, this was the house of God. This church, like so many others, could only be nothing more than blessed, holy, and sacred, right?

Well, not when it was headed by a man like him. A man like Kirei Kotomine.

A man whose very existence oozed of dread and despair. But hey, he didn't mean any harm. Right? He was here to help like a good priest, right?

... Well, may as well go see and find out.

Upon opening the large doors and leading the large group inside, Rin would sigh, looking around. The room was pretty dark. Though the other rooms around probably had lights on inside, judging from the windows from inside, the main room seemed to be rather devoid of light, as if to symbolize that when such a man was present, there was only darkness, as that was his entire being.

0DJoT8U.png

"Ah. So you've all arrived. Much earlier than I expected, I must say."

Well, in any case, perhaps it was a good thing that he could easily be spotted at the altar in front of the room. Or a very bad thing.

"But perhaps that is one of the purposes of a Murder Game. To keep you on your toes and guessing. After all, a predictable game couldn't be anything more than boring, would it not?" The tall priest at the alter inquired, lighting some of the candles.

His voice was deep and heavy, like the atmosphere his mere presence gave off. Yet it was also calm, cool, and collected, almost betraying the sense of darkness, dread, and uncertainty that seemed to be around every corner in these early stages of the Murder Game.

"Still, it is quite a pity that I am not participating again. I would have liked to go on more valiant misadventures with you again, Mr. Castle and Ms. Furudo," he spoke, calling out Frank and Erika by name as he would turn around, smiling in an almost mockingly benign manner, "A shame young Robin is not here at the moment to accompany us. We had so much to catch up on..."

fJl8OnA.gif

"Welcome, everybody, to my humble abode. It may not be much compared to a luxurious castle or mansion like the Einzbern's or Rin's, but it is enough, I assure you," he spoke, keeping his arms behind his back as he spoke, "If it hasn't all been explained officially to you before, allow me to put it in layman's terms for you to the best of my ability. After all, this sort is phenomena... is not such a layman's one."

And so he took a breath.

"Ever heard of the multiverse theory? It is the scientific theory that out there, there are trillions upon trillions of different worlds that are different than the ones you are familiar with. Some changes are minor, most changes are... quite drastic."

Maybe it was a little weird that a priest who was fluent in magecraft was talking about science, but whatever. Anything goes in the Murder Games.

"This sort of phenomena involves quite a lot of you people, who have originated from different worlds, coming together whether you like it or not, to participate in this Murder Game, as orchestrated by a sinister mastermind for his own devious purposes. One might say it is like a grander version of the ability President Funny Valentine had from the Monokuma Incident, if you recall him, Mr. Castle, Ms. Furudo. He was quite an interesting man, you know. Shame I couldn't keep in touch with him, but at least you two are here in any case."

Still with that weird smile...

"However... for all intents and purposes, the Murder Games should be over by now. With the recent, untimely death of the ultimate mastermind, the Arch Demon, no one else should be able to have the power to create such a deadly, sadistic game, no?" He inquired, "Like somebody had usurped that power by some mysterious means. That mastermind, as far as I know, must be one Fiamma of the Right. A powerful magician from a different world than I who has found that power and stolen it by force from my understanding."

Another breath.

Exposition was more tiring to say aloud than one might think. Possibly moreso than having to listen to all of it in one sitting.

"His world and this world have begun merging on a metaphysical plane because of his abuse of his new ability to travel through different worlds. Effectively, he is the villain that you heroes must defeat, as he has put this Holy Grail War on hold in favor to create his own war. World War III. Simple enough, I would hope so," he spoke, his expression never changing, his tone remaining constant.

"In any case, for now, this place will be your new Sanctuary. Go ahead and explore if you would rather do so than rest. You are welcome to my study and the courtyard, but I would advise against... traversing into the courtyard basement if you know what's good for you," Kotomine continued to say, this time in a slightly more grave manner, though he would quickly return to his more calm one, "You may also traverse through the city if you saw something that caught your eye, though I would also advise against going too far."

"Especially if you know what is good for you. This city is dangerous at night, after all, even if it might seem like there is nothing at all."

With that, he would turn around, tending to his Altar in the meantime.

"And one last thing... I restocked all the wine in the study. Just for you, Gilgamesh."

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

There were a few more points of interest around. May as well check 'em out while you were waiting for something else to happen in the meantime.

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

Once again, enjoy your stay.

Once again, please make sure to bold and underline your choices to make it easier for myself and the co-GMs to detect. Be sure to tag @TheSpringwoodSlasher for the Courtyard and @OrlandoBloomers for the Ghost House.

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" (One Piece)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro (Marvel Comics)
@The Man Without Fear as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@Nater Taters as Kirby (Kirby)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu (OC)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - DIED! INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

Oh it was that nice man from earlier that served him tofu...and now they're inside a church...now that's a sanctuary if he ever saw one. "Ghost house?" Now didn't that sound exciting? With out waiting for any reaction he'd slowly make his way towards this supposed Ghost house. Maybe he'd get pleasantly surprised?

@Verite @AnyoneUpForAdventureAtGhostHouse

As soft footsteps fell on pavement, the young girl contemplated her actions just moments before. The votes were locked in, the majority having been focused on the guy known as Pyro. One could argue that Misaka herself had led the vote on its eventual trajectory. The idea bugged her deeply, even if that had been her intention. They were assured that Pyro would be okay, but did that still make voting for a possibly innocent man right? As the vote had come to pass, the young girl had felt a heavy weight fall on to her shoulders, not unlike the weights she already burdened. These people weren't counting on her specifically, but they were all in this together now, right? That she had possibly wasted everyone's precious votes by placing suspicion on the wrong man was not a burden Misaka wished to bear.

Besides, she needed to live through this and get home. Countless lives were counting on her success.

eJ1r4HE.jpg

"Come on now..."

Closing her eyes, the girl took off her cap and ran a hand through her hair. Static bounced off her hand, the slight charge feeling familiar and warm. Despite her status and level, Misaka felt more powerless than ever. The loss of some of her power aside, it was a suffocating feeling to know you were trapped under someone's thumb with little to no means of escaping out from under it. Here, could she even call herself the Level 5 esper, Tokiwadai's Railgun? Her uniform was back in a whole other world, if the explanations for where she'd been taken were correct. She'd sought to be anonymous in her efforts toward destroying the sisters project; now, trapped in this strange unknown place, she truly was anonymous. She was nobody. Just another victim in this strange game.

Except, swaying a vote toward the innocent wasn't a very anonymous thing to do. Misaka could already feel it bringing her attention she didn't want. Maybe it was too early to say, but would she have to sacrifice her votes in the future in order to maintain her innocence? The young girl thought on this deeply all the way to the church, the conversations between the others sounding like little more than white noise.

The church that awaited the group was dark and downright dreary. Misaka hadn't been in very many religious establishments, but on the way here, she had imagined this church as being a sort of beacon of safety. Couldn't a light have at least been left on for their arrival? Who the heck was this priest guy they were supposed to meet anyway? Misaka had imagined a kindly man with some sort of long beard, but upon arriving here, her expectations had dropped considerably.

A0DR0Bj.png

Needless to say, when Misaka spotted the strangely intense looking man at the altar, she didn't desire to stick around this church for very long.

As the priest began to talk, his voice took on a calm and casual tone, though it happened to put the young girl on edge nonetheless. She pushed the sense of unease down with effort, moving toward one of the wooden pews to place her hands on the back of it. There, she rested casually, listening to the man talk as best she could. His explanation was certainly not overtly complicated; she understood the idea behind string theory, more or less. It was certainly not hard to imagine the idea or possibility of alternate universes, but it was an entirely different matter to be experiencing another one of those worlds. The idea that anyone, especially a single person, could reach into a countless number of those worlds in order to set up this game was something that went completely beyond nonsensical.

And yet, it was totally possible. It was happening to her at this very moment. Well, as long as she wasn't going insane, at least. It wouldn't have surprised Misaka to learn a few of her screws had gone loose.

The priest's explanation moved on to something about wars, in which Misaka started to become completely lost. All she was gathering from this was that some guy named Fiamma of the Right was to blame. Great. At least she knew now who she had to beat up. The priest had offered for them to stay at the church as if it was some kind of sanctuary, but Misaka could have laughed at that. She wasn't going to hang around here, at least not until she'd given the surrounding area a search.

In fact, there had been a weird house that had caught the electromaster's eye...

POXRhLt.jpg

As Misaka found herself within the vicinity of the Ghost House, her face fell upon seeing Sans already waiting there. It would seem the skeleton had set up a sort of stand, and was trying to get both her and Kizaru's attention.

hey buds, what's up? wanna buy a hot dog? it's only 30G.

7Gf3TGQ.jpg

or, 30 of whatever currency you have on you, i suppose.

"A-Are you serious...?"

wUrUxlP.gif

Even if her life depended on it, Misaka wouldn't buy a hot dog off this guy.

@Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

Last edited:
Percy and Annabeth sat down in a pew. They weren't used to a Church, being the Children of Greek Gods and all. Annabeth opened her laptop, and typed a few things into it. "Mari, we went to the place we wanted to go, so you should pick where we got his time." Annabeth said. Percy finished the bottle of water, and tossed it behind him into a trash can. He opened a Bible just to have something to do.

@Mari @anybody
Mari thought about the offer from Annabeth to decide where they as a group would go next. Four options, but one seemed to fit in most with what she was comfortable with.

tumblr_nsq61mWix71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Let us go to the study then", she said. Perhaps a place like that was more likely to hold information on this place, and possibly its new guests, more than the other places. "It might be the most useful of our options at this time", she added, as she got up from the church chair and started to go to the study.

@The Silver Paladin @Verite

"Only because you are so small, insignificant! You let mere words get the best of you!!!"

And with finality, she initiated the transformation with Junketsu--​

Life Fiber Synchronize (人衣一体 Jin'i Ittai)

Despite the preemptive assault by Matoi's hand, she found her fist deftly parried with Bakuzan's sheathe, expertly so.​
While Gilgamesh was conversing with Reece he sighed having overheard this conflict. Held held a finger up at Reece as to indicate to wait a moment, when suddenly Satsuki would notice a ton of Gates of Babylon appear between her and Matoi. The appearance of these Gates were immediately followed by Gilgamesh's voice annoucing from where he was with Reece "Hmph! Yet the second time you start petty squabbles that I must interfere with! And forcing me work with that Mongrel Saber too!? Refrain from this fighting at once! I care not to taint my treasures by having you touch them!". His reasons for targeting Satsuki being two fold, Saber was already handiling Matoi, and even if non-verbal Satsuki showed some degree to honour and sensibility when they were stuck in the room together.

@El Tigre!

Ah, well, this just went to show that Reece's seemingly endless intellect really did meet a dead end somewhere... In social behavior of others. Without her powers to read people and understand them clearly at a glance, it seemed that she was clueless. Not that she'd ever admit that. No, rather, she just nodded slightly. "Ahh, well.. I suppose that makes sense. My apologies, for presuming you were laughing at me; I've another sister, Ryan aside, that quite enjoys mocking me.." ..Of course, Reece was guilty of the same. She had demeaned that same sister on any occasion she could. "..So I suppose it's just a natural assumption."

Smooth, Reece. Smooth.

Silently, Reece watched as Gilgamesh poured himself a drink, though her gaze wound up drifting away yet again. "Ah, well.. As I said, if we make it through, I'd be glad to do so. But who is this Iskander person?" she asked, curiously. She did seem to consider Gilgamesh's suggestion, thinking this over intently. "..I suppose that'd make sense.. But I can't seem to get any reading off of anyone," she explained, frowning. Though, an idea came to mind, and she looked to Gilgamesh again. "..Try telling me something," she requested, intently. "Be it true or false."​
Once Gilgamesh issued his warning to Satsuki he returned his attention to Reece and replied "Ah I see, I've never had any in the way of Siblings. I suppose it must be infuriating though, living in the same household as such immature ones". He returned his now empty wine glass back into a gate of babylon next to him before continuing "As for Iskander, he is the King of Conquers. He led his army through countless nations, expanding his army in order to lay eyes on Oceania, 'The endless sea'". He had a quick chuckle before continuing "In the Holy Grail War he was quite shocked to learn there was in fact more land at the other side of it. He was a King who was more real than any other man, and to his credit he tried to teach Saber what it truly meant to be King... The silly girl never listened though", then taking a pause he finished "At the end like all Holy Grail Wars required we fought honourably after having one last drink together... I won, though it was hardly a fair fight, with Saber having destroyed his Mount before hand... Not that it bothered him though, like he said 'He was more than perfect precisely because he was less than Perfect'. Quite a character that one".

Once Reece asked Gilgamesh to tell her something he simply responded truthfully "Iskander was the only Servant deserving of my respect", and after giving Reece a few moments to determine if he was lying or note he responded "So? Am I telling the truth?".

@Hospes
"And one last thing... I restocked all the wine in the study. Just for you, Gilgamesh."

What a lad.​
The group approached the Church, and while most of the others got the feeling of this was no where close to homely Gilgamesh had the complete reverse. Hell this was where he was living just days ago when the Murder Games started. For him it felt more like he just went out for a few days and was now coming back home after a trip out of town. Once everyone entered the Church Gilgamesh immediately sat in one of the benches, kicking his feet up using another row as a footrest, arms rested behind his head as Kotomine went on about the nature of the Murder Games. Didn't surprised Gilgamesh in the slightest that Kotomine was a participant in the past, nor that he had actually enjoyed it. And apparently there enemy was another Caster who seeked to created WWIII? That honestly wasn't even something Gilgamesh minded, a world war would be great for thinning out the herd of bland and faceless human beings. However, it was the fact the Caster decided to toy with people who were actually unique that Gilgamesh took issue with.

Between Kotomine's love for this though, and Reece's point on not showing anger they had a very strong argument. This Murder Game at the end of the day was a game. Gilgamesh should be having fun with it, not getting angry about it... And now that he thought about it Iskander would probably say the same thing. Very well, he'd play this game. But he would also impale this Caster once he found him as part of said game.

Once Kotomine finished Gilgamesh got up from the bench and responded playfully "Aw for me? You shouldn't have! Though, I'd like to show my friends around the Courtyard first. It's a rather beautiful place" and with that he made his intention of going to the courtyard rather obvious.

@Hospes @Crimson Spartan @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Courtyard People​

Last edited:
As soft footsteps fell on pavement, the young girl contemplated her actions just moments before. The votes were locked in, the majority having been focused on the guy known as Pyro. One could argue that Misaka herself had led the vote on its eventual trajectory. The idea bugged her deeply, even if that had been her intention. They were assured that Pyro would be okay, but did that still make voting for a possibly innocent man right? As the vote had come to pass, the young girl had felt a heavy weight fall on to her shoulders, not unlike the weights she already burdened. These people weren't counting on her specifically, but they were all in this together now, right? That she had possibly wasted everyone's precious votes by placing suspicion on the wrong man was not a burden Misaka wished to bear.

Besides, she needed to live through this and get home. Countless lives were counting on her success.

eJ1r4HE.jpg

"Come on now..."

Closing her eyes, the girl took off her cap and ran a hand through her hair. Static bounced off her hand, the slight charge feeling familiar and warm. Despite her status and level, Misaka felt more powerless than ever. The loss of some of her power aside, it was a suffocating feeling to know you were trapped under someone's thumb with little to no means of escaping out from under it. Here, could she even call herself the Level 5 esper, Tokiwadai's Railgun? Her uniform was back in a whole other world, if the explanations for where she'd been taken were correct. She'd sought to be anonymous in her efforts toward destroying the sisters project; now, trapped in this strange unknown place, she truly was anonymous. She was nobody. Just another victim in this strange game.

Except, swaying a vote toward the innocent wasn't a very anonymous thing to do. Misaka could already feel it bringing her attention she didn't want. Maybe it was too early to say, but would she have to sacrifice her votes in the future in order to maintain her innocence? The young girl thought on this deeply all the way to the church, the conversations between the others sounding like little more than white noise.

The church that awaited the group was dark and downright dreary. Misaka hadn't been in very many religious establishments, but on the way here, she had imagined this church as being a sort of beacon of safety. Couldn't a light have at least been left on for their arrival? Who the heck was this priest guy they were supposed to meet anyway? Misaka had imagined a kindly man with some sort of long beard, but upon arriving here, her expectations had dropped considerably.

A0DR0Bj.png

Needless to say, when Misaka spotted the strangely intense looking man at the altar, she didn't desire to stick around this church for very long.

As the priest began to talk, his voice took on a calm and casual tone, though it happened to put the young girl on edge nonetheless. She pushed the sense of unease down with effort, moving toward one of the wooden pews to place her hands on the back of it. There, she rested casually, listening to the man talk as best she could. His explanation was certainly not overtly complicated; she understood the idea behind string theory, more or less. It was certainly not hard to imagine the idea or possibility of alternate universes, but it was an entirely different matter to be experiencing another one of those worlds. The idea that anyone, especially a single person, could reach into a countless number of those worlds in order to set up this game was something that went completely beyond nonsensical.

And yet, it was totally possible. It was happening to her at this very moment. Well, as long as she wasn't going insane, at least. It wouldn't have surprised Misaka to learn a few of her screws had gone loose.

The priest's explanation moved on to something about wars, in which Misaka started to become completely lost. All she was gathering from this was that some guy named Fiamma of the Right was to blame. Great. At least she knew now who she had to beat up. The priest had offered for them to stay at the church as if it was some kind of sanctuary, but Misaka could have laughed at that. She wasn't going to hang around here, at least not until she'd given the surrounding area a search.

In fact, there had been a weird house that had caught the electromaster's eye...

POXRhLt.jpg

As Misaka found herself within the vicinity of the Ghost House, her face fell upon seeing Sans already waiting there. It would seem the skeleton had set up a sort of stand, and was trying to get both her and Kizaru's attention.

hey buds, what's up? wanna buy a hot dog? it's only 30G.

7Gf3TGQ.jpg

or, 30 of whatever currency you have on you, i suppose.

"A-Are you serious...?"

wUrUxlP.gif

Even if her life depended on it, Misaka wouldn't buy a hot dog off this guy.

@Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers

Kizaru looked at Sans for a moment before leaning over towards Misaka. "I guess this place really is haunted, huh little miss? Scary skeletons running around like that..." Either way he'd ignore Sans' selling hot dogs, because really that Tofu from earlier had filled his stomach nicely and moved his way towards the door of the house to open it. Because if there was a skeleton outside who could know what he could find inside? "Hello hello, anybody home?"

@Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers

Mari thought about the offer from Annabeth to decide where they as a group would go next. Four options, but one seemed to fit in most with what she was comfortable with.

"Let us go to the study then", she said. Perhaps a place like that was more likely to hold information on this place, and possibly its new guests, more than the other places. "It might be the most useful of our options at this time", she added, as she got up from the church chair and started to go to the study.

"Ok." Percy said. He stood up and stretched. Annabeth closed her laptop, and they followed Mari to The Study

@Verite @anybody in the study

Ryner sighed quietly and lay down on one of the pews within the church, yawning loudly "Well, I've done enough walking for now...I'll just lie down here...Tell me if anything interesting comes up"

Well, so much for him contributing this round

@Everyone interested or whatever​

"Ok." Percy said. He stood up and stretched. Annabeth closed her laptop, and they followed Mari to The Study

"Looks like people really wanted to come by here," Erika mumbled as she noticed all of these others joining them to the study.

@Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Study​

01a.png

"It all suddenly becomes black and white when you put complex things into simple words like that, eh?" Archer inquired, deactivating his spirit form and suddenly appearing in front of Frank, Ryan, and Kinuhata like a ghost out of nowhere, "If only things could always be explained that easily, but I digress..."

"Quite chilly around this time of night, isn't it? Do you need a coat?" The man would ask Ryan with a straight face, before glancing at Frank, "What a pain... It appears that you really are rubbing off on me. I don't think I would ever even face a child if it weren't for you, it seems."

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Hospes

Frank smirked at Archer. "Hey. I'm glad you're still in one piece." He looked at Ryan and Kinu. "Don't worry! This is another ally of mine, Archer. He wasn't the friendliest gentleman before. What he means is that he's not used to this." The old man ruffled Ryan's hair and grinned at Kinu.

"If he didn't want to talk, he wouldn't have. I've just been influencing him, is all."

@Kaykay
@Hospes
@Verite

"All I suppose I can say in that regard? Is that you shouldn't believe everything you read. The truth may just surprise you."

"True nuff." She agreed with a slight nod, walking along after in comparative silence until they finally reached their destination, the Church. She didn't interrupt the speech once, just leaning against a nearby wall and listening intently right until the end. "About time." She muttered under her breath. Now there was a name to put to the guy behind it all. Hopefully a face soon. Her fist was dying to meet his face. She was less concerned with the idea of untold amounts of alternate universes than others were. Space was incredibly vast after all...somewhere in that void there were probably things too terrible for humans to understand. No matter what universe one called home. Thinking about it too much could drive a person nuts.

She wasn't going to stick around though, trekking out to the weird house in short order, arriving after both Misaka and Kizaru. And the skeleton selling hot dogs.

iemwjwg.jpg

"Uh, yeah no."

She shook her head fervently, sidling right past him and his hot dog stand. "Yeah, the city's so dangerous at night. They might give you bad hot dogs, oh man." She snorted.​
Kizaru looked at Sans for a moment before leaning over towards Misaka. "I guess this place really is haunted, huh little miss? Scary skeletons running around like that..." Either way he'd ignore Sans' selling hot dogs, because really that Tofu from earlier had filled his stomach nicely and moved his way towards the door of the house to open it. Because if there was a skeleton outside who could know what he could find inside? "Hello hello, anybody home?"

And she snorted again, nevertheless fixing the big guy with a smirk.

ezgif-save_zps168f0f47.gif

"That ain't exactly the way I'd have done it but hey, I guess there's worse ways to enter a place. You ever tried crashing into a classroom with a cable car? That was a goddamn ridiculously crazy morning." She shook her head with a light snicker, stepping in through the open door.

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer

"True nuff." She agreed with a slight nod, walking along after in comparative silence until they finally reached their destination, the Church. She didn't interrupt the speech once, just leaning against a nearby wall and listening intently right until the end. "About time." She muttered under her breath. Now there was a name to put to the guy behind it all. Hopefully a face soon. Her fist was dying to meet his face. She was less concerned with the idea of untold amounts of alternate universes than others were. Space was incredibly vast after all...somewhere in that void there were probably things too terrible for humans to understand. No matter what universe one called home. Thinking about it too much could drive a person nuts.

She wasn't going to stick around though, trekking out to the weird house in short order, arriving after both Misaka and Kizaru. And the skeleton selling hot dogs.

iemwjwg.jpg

"Uh, yeah no."

She shook her head fervently, sidling right past him and his hot dog stand. "Yeah, the city's so dangerous at night. They might give you bad hot dogs, oh man." She snorted.​

And she snorted again, nevertheless fixing the big guy with a smirk.

ezgif-save_zps168f0f47.gif

"That ain't exactly the way I'd have done it but hey, I guess there's worse ways to enter a place. You ever tried crashing into a classroom with a cable car? That was a goddamn ridiculously crazy morning." She shook her head with a light snicker, stepping in through the open door.

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @Jeremi

"Oh no..." Kizaru replied looking down at Ryuko. "I haven't had the pleasure..."

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @C.T.

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
With the untimely murder of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato, the journey to the Church where Kirei Kotomine awaited was delayed temporarily so that the others could determine the culprit behind the incident. The cause of death was evidently immolation, and the one clue that aided their investigation was a gas lamp on the bridge that had been broken from the inside.

Initially, suspicion rested upon Deoxys, particularly after Erika Furudo and Batter Ushiromiya, but with some swaying from Mikoto Misaka, the public vote had moved over to Pyro by quite a large margin.

Meanwhile, Caren Hortensia still awaits to find her father, unaware that the man she would meet in the Church was precisely the one she was looking for.

And so the story continues here.

06b.png

"Okay, then. That's your final choice?" Rin would ask to confirm after everyone would finish, before nodding, "Alright. I'll use the magical scanning once we get to the Church and we can take a breather. Let's go," she spoke, beginning to walk again towards the Church.

The road wasn't too strenuous. Fuyuki City may be a decently big place, but anything could seem manageable when standing in the center of the place. On the other side of town where the Church was, all one needed to pass by was the familiar Station Front where Caren Hortensia had arrived from, and a strange, eerie Ghost House, where the more observant could indeed sense that it was not in fact, a ghost house.

But perhaps you could go back there later. That is, if you dared.

Besides the night and the deceivingly bright stars and moon out, perhaps what added to the possible sense of dread in the air was the cold, chilling Winter wind. Though one had to wonder how Rin was managing to stay comfortable in the cold despite what she was wearing.

Maybe her thighs really were warm and toasty all year round, as a certain Meira from the Coalition had once suggested and commented on.

0TSmZpU.png

The Church itself was a strange, paradoxical place. Normally, most churches were supposed to give many people, at least, many Christians anyway, a sense of relief and so on. A place other than their home to call home. After all, this was the house of God. This church, like so many others, could only be nothing more than blessed, holy, and sacred, right?

Well, not when it was headed by a man like him. A man like Kirei Kotomine.

A man whose very existence oozed of dread and despair. But hey, he didn't mean any harm. Right? He was here to help like a good priest, right?

... Well, may as well go see and find out.

Upon opening the large doors and leading the large group inside, Rin would sigh, looking around. The room was pretty dark. Though the other rooms around probably had lights on inside, judging from the windows from inside, the main room seemed to be rather devoid of light, as if to symbolize that when such a man was present, there was only darkness, as that was his entire being.

0DJoT8U.png

"Ah. So you've all arrived. Much earlier than I expected, I must say."

Well, in any case, perhaps it was a good thing that he could easily be spotted at the altar in front of the room. Or a very bad thing.

"But perhaps that is one of the purposes of a Murder Game. To keep you on your toes and guessing. After all, a predictable game couldn't be anything more than boring, would it not?" The tall priest at the alter inquired, lighting some of the candles.

His voice was deep and heavy, like the atmosphere his mere presence gave off. Yet it was also calm, cool, and collected, almost betraying the sense of darkness, dread, and uncertainty that seemed to be around every corner in these early stages of the Murder Game.

"Still, it is quite a pity that I am not participating again. I would have liked to go on more valiant misadventures with you again, Mr. Castle and Ms. Furudo," he spoke, calling out Frank and Erika by name as he would turn around, smiling in an almost mockingly benign manner, "A shame young Robin is not here at the moment to accompany us. We had so much to catch up on..."

fJl8OnA.gif

"Welcome, everybody, to my humble abode. It may not be much compared to a luxurious castle or mansion like the Einzbern's or Rin's, but it is enough, I assure you," he spoke, keeping his arms behind his back as he spoke, "If it hasn't all been explained officially to you before, allow me to put it in layman's terms for you to the best of my ability. After all, this sort is phenomena... is not such a layman's one."

And so he took a breath.

"Ever heard of the multiverse theory? It is the scientific theory that out there, there are trillions upon trillions of different worlds that are different than the ones you are familiar with. Some changes are minor, most changes are... quite drastic."

Maybe it was a little weird that a priest who was fluent in magecraft was talking about science, but whatever. Anything goes in the Murder Games.

"This sort of phenomena involves quite a lot of you people, who have originated from different worlds, coming together whether you like it or not, to participate in this Murder Game, as orchestrated by a sinister mastermind for his own devious purposes. One might say it is like a grander version of the ability President Funny Valentine had from the Monokuma Incident, if you recall him, Mr. Castle, Ms. Furudo. He was quite an interesting man, you know. Shame I couldn't keep in touch with him, but at least you two are here in any case."

Still with that weird smile...

"However... for all intents and purposes, the Murder Games should be over by now. With the recent, untimely death of the ultimate mastermind, the Arch Demon, no one else should be able to have the power to create such a deadly, sadistic game, no?" He inquired, "Like somebody had usurped that power by some mysterious means. That mastermind, as far as I know, must be one Fiamma of the Right. A powerful magician from a different world than I who has found that power and stolen it by force from my understanding."

Another breath.

Exposition was more tiring to say aloud than one might think. Possibly moreso than having to listen to all of it in one sitting.

"His world and this world have begun merging on a metaphysical plane because of his abuse of his new ability to travel through different worlds. Effectively, he is the villain that you heroes must defeat, as he has put this Holy Grail War on hold in favor to create his own war. World War III. Simple enough, I would hope so," he spoke, his expression never changing, his tone remaining constant.

"In any case, for now, this place will be your new Sanctuary. Go ahead and explore if you would rather do so than rest. You are welcome to my study and the courtyard, but I would advise against... traversing into the courtyard basement if you know what's good for you," Kotomine continued to say, this time in a slightly more grave manner, though he would quickly return to his more calm one, "You may also traverse through the city if you saw something that caught your eye, though I would also advise against going too far."

"Especially if you know what is good for you. This city is dangerous at night, after all, even if it might seem like there is nothing at all."

With that, he would turn around, tending to his Altar in the meantime.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

There were a few more points of interest around. May as well check 'em out while you were waiting for something else to happen in the meantime.

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

Once again, enjoy your stay.

Once again, please make sure to bold and underline your choices to make it easier for myself and the co-GMs to detect. Be sure to tag @TheSpringwoodSlasher for the Courtyard and @OrlandoBloomers for the Ghost House.

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" (One Piece)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro (Marvel Comics)
@The Man Without Fear as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@Nater Taters as Kirby (Kirby)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu (OC)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - DIED! INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

tumblr_mn5t4lOvCf1sqjk4jo3_500.gif

A lot of this was information that Raiden had pieced together for himself in his journeys. Not all of it though. He had heard stories about something called the Coalition. Some kind of war. It didn't matter though. He wasn't focused on the Murder Games. What he wanted was something far less simple than that. But all that would have to wait till after the game. What he wanted right now was where to get at Fiamma. Make him let them go, by force preferably.

As he walked to the Altar he tried raising Cameron on the codec, not being able to see her hidden as she was by her companions. Nothing but static. Sighing, he made his way over to the priest. Might as well say his prayers, though its possible the church might not appreciate him being named for the lightning god. Better to go by his real name for a few, Jack.

tumblr_m0l0acbmFl1qetnpf.gif

Cameron in the meantime had stuck close, close by her new friends. She didn't know where she was, but she didn't want to be left alone. There were killers loose, and she didn't want to be next. Upon Frank's questioning of her sword, she pulled it out, the light bouncing off its blood red surface, almost giving it the impression of glowing. There was a trigger on the hilt for easier drawing, not that she'd ever learned how to use it. The arc the sword made as she drew it was smooth and easy, the mark of someone that knew what they were doing. She flicked it down in a smoothly, the blade whistling as it cut downwards, before turning and handing it to Frank, one hand on the flatside of its blade, and the other the hilt, offering it to him with an experienced ease of a master swordsman.

"You can have it." She told him, "I don't remember how I got it, and I'm worried about carrying it around."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Verite

VAR15.png

Erika was intently listening into the explanation that Kotomine was laying out for them all. However, it was hard to tell if she were offended by that comment concerning Robin, her dead serious face never wavering. It may be easy to get Erika off her hook and into an unrelenting rant to enforce her superiority, but it wasn't that easy to get the detective to show much weakness like crying.

latest

"In that case, I'll be off to the study. It may be late, but a detective has to keep their analytic and literary skills up top-notch after all~ That wouldn't be hard if the study was filled with all sorts of mystery novels and what not," Erika's serious expression was soon replaced with that innocent exterior, but of course, literally everything she says in this type of tone sounded almost like a mocking gesture. Turning around on her heel, the detective made her way promptly to the study.

@Bomb @Verite
deoxys_icon_1_by_animelova56-d4twu8g.png

Deoxys would nod, unsurprisingly being able to keep up with the human priest. The multiverse theory was nothing truly new to Deoxys-- it had known such a theory for awhile, but has never put said theory into practice or observed it on a determined scale. The Murder Game conveniently does so already. A certain organism that has recently emerged was an expert in traversing through dimensions and reality already-- perhaps Deoxys could study the creature when it returns to the Pokemon world.

If it returns to the Pokemon world, that is.

The important part of this conversation was that a clear mission was set in place-- the termination of a human organism dubbed "Fiamma of the Right". With an objective set and progress to be made, Deoxys was able to pitch in the fullest of its support in the termination of Fiamma. Not necessarily the assistance of the other humans who consider it an "ally", but that is a side-objective that may become apparent soon enough.

However, Deoxys was now faced with the unnatural situation of having free time. No immediate objectives, motives or things Deoxys needed to do. It did not need to gather food, it did not need to rest and recharge its core, it was faced with having actual time to kill. A choice had to be made;

Deoxys chose not to go to the ghost house-- a hive of metaphysical ghost-types. Deoxys was a very prideful creature at times, but it knew its weaknesses and ghosts are one of them.

The altar seemed to be a cultural object of religious origins, important to the humans. It is utterly useless to Deoxys, however.

The courtyard could be useful, if Deoxys chose to scout out the city beyond the Ghost House for any useful information (including the DNA of other organisms in the city). However, it chose not to take the chance. As subject Max had said, moving in packs would ensure safety, and while Deoxys is able to hold its own and slaughter anything that dare opposes it, attempting to go now would just be inconvenient and a possibly a waste of core energy if it couldn't find anything useful.

Deoxys determined this Kotomine human to be worth talking to, and possibly any information he holds within the study could be of mild usage to Deoxys. Knowledge is power; guard it well. With that said, Deoxys stalked off to the Study

@Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Verite
Now that voting is over, now Ethel gets to stay in a... church?

"Ethel, are you sure you want to stay here?"

"It's ok Karin. Let's go." Ethel responded back.

And so they headed to the study.

@Verite

latest

The study appeared to be fairly docile. Along with some bottles of wine and empty glasses on the cabinets, there was a table, some couches, a desk in the corner, and several bookcases. There also appeared to be a young blue-haired woman sleeping one of said couches. Laying on her stomach to be exact. She didn't seem to be bothering anyone for the while, but you can bother her if you want.

Wake up the blue-haired woman

Go through the bookcases

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Study

latest

The study appeared to be fairly docile. Along with some bottles of wine and empty glasses on the cabinets, there was a table, some couches, a desk in the corner, and several bookcases. There also appeared to be a young blue-haired woman sleeping one of said couches. Laying on her stomach to be exact. She didn't seem to be bothering anyone for the while, but you can bother her if you want.

Go through the bookcases

The blue-haired woman didn't seem to be a bother, so Erika left her be for now. Besides, her attention was snatched away by the bookcases.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Mari @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Study​

latest

Go through the bookcases

Annabeth sat in a chair near the Blue haired woman in case she decided to wake up.

Percy went to The bookcases

@Mari @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb

The blue-haired woman didn't seem to be a bother, so Erika left her be for now. Besides, her attention was snatched away by the bookcases.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Mari @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Study​
Annabeth sat in a chair near the Blue haired woman in case she decided to wake up.

Percy went to The bookcases

@Mari @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb
There were several books that seemed somewhat fitting for a priest. Initially, nothing would really stick out while checking out the bookcases other than several bibles and whatnot, but eventually, you would come across a section that read "Reports." Inside the section yielded the following:

Crossed Testimony

Gotham City Incident Report

Monokuma Incident Report

Reaper Incident Report

Fuse Incident Report

Ultimate Game Incident Report

Classified - Right Hand of the Crimson Moon

Which report do you want to read first?

@The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mari @Study

latest

Go through the bookcases

Ethel looked at the blue haired woman, and tried to poke her to wake her up.

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Verite @study guys​

Status
Not open for further replies.