• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]The sword was heavy in his arms, far heavier than it had been minutes before when he was high on confidence and bloodthirst, just like the rest of his comrades. He held it up towards the dusky light that poked between the trees, the point shaking as he tried to ward off… to… What?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]----------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]it should have been so easy. He and his fellows had been camped next to the road for almost four weeks now. It was a key route from Nevarra to the frostbacks, and ever since the Inquisiton had set up shop weapon and commerce caravans had been plentiful in both directions. Better yet, with the civil war that was raging across Orlais, the lord of this particular section of land was far to concerned with battles far south to be concerned with small bandit troupes such as theirs. Another month like this, and they'd be set for life, and the caravans had had just enough guards that all of them were feeling confident in their ability to fight and kill whatever came their way.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So when they'd caught sight of three well dressed and well armed people travelling down the road, it should have been easy pickings. Well, relatively anyways. Even a group of twenty like them were a little leery of the fact that one of them was a qunari, seven feet of muscle and horns to go with the massive axe on his back. But the other two were just elves, servants probably. One had a mage staff but they had not one, but [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]two[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] apostates of their own. Again, easy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then a quiet "I'm sorry" had sounded from the middle of their group, their impromptu leader gurgled on the blood of his slit throat, and all hell had broken loose.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]----------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That had been almost two minutes ago. Slightly farther down in the forest, the rest of his group was getting a bloody lesson in humility from a ben-hasserath, a master of the fade, and the inquisitor herself. But he'd chased down the… something that had killed their leader, thought he had it cornered, and then it was just… gone. He couldn't even remember what it was. A person? Some sort of beast? What had…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Money can't save her."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bandit fumbled his sword in shock as the voice spoke up beside him, his eyes whipping to the side as one hand tried and failed to recover the sword before it fell to the ground. A young man stood next to him where there hadn't been anyone before. He was dressed in a strange patchwork of leather and a had that an Antivan would call ridiculous that concealed much of his face. He was seated on a rock, staring far off into space. The bandit would have thought he was dreaming or that this lunatic was completely uninvolved with the battle, if it wasn't for the long, wicked and serrated dagger that the man held with easy grace, still dripping blood down the lengh of its blade. "W-what you on about?!" he stammered as he scrambled back for his sword, not taking his eyes off him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Lillies around us on our wedding day, just like the day we met, my sweet Jessibell. my flame still bright but hers fading, why is it fading? Can't help myself, show my anger, ungrateful slut should show her place, but only snuffs her love entirely. Her and Thadrick in the barn, can barely remember, nothing but the blood bleeding between my fingers and the eyes squishing against my thumbs. Doesn't matter, Thadrick should have known, and she's too scared to run, her body at least is mine forever, but I want the spark back, I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]need[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] the spark back. Something to bring it back, gold, jewels, anything, anything to bring it back, the Jessibel of my memories." The man spoke, head cocked to the side as if listening[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bandit froze, mouth agape as he tried to process what this… person(?) had just spouted, secrets no one but him and Jessibel could possibly know. "How… I don't... "[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The man(?) stood up with the lanky grace of a panther, dagger gleaming in the light as he stared at it. "What your looking for won't bring it back, it was never about that. She changed, and you didn't, and there's no going back to how it was. If you go back you'll just end up hurting each other worse than even now. You need to give her up, let loose so you both can live free to love elsewhere."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bandit's stare continued, his brain trying to catch up.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Finally it did, and he considered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A nasty snarl broke across his lips, brown eyes narrowed into slits as he raised his sword. "Shut your nug-fuc-" Whatever vulgarity was supposed to accompany his strike, neither happened. He'd blinked, and suddenly the man's dagger was in his heart. He stumbled and fell to his knees in shock and weakness, and he turned his head up to his killer in askance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even after ending it himself, the man found nothing but pity and remorse in the gaunt, pale face that stared down at his own as it murmured one last thing to him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That night with the lillies. She was happy. When she hears of this, thats how she will tell of you, Travis."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was such a bizarre comfort to be given by his killer, a stranger he'd never meant. Yet even so, as he collapsed backwards and slid off the knife, it was with a sad smile that his eyes finally closed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Euch. Appendix must have been infected. Gonna be cleaning [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]that [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]off this poor baby for weeks." grunted Iron Bull as he looked over his axe head with dismay. "Ah well. Hey, Cole, you done over there?" he called over to where the spirit turned almost human was standing over a body.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I couldn't cure Travis, so I saved Jessibell."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...ooook. So... he's dead, right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cole seemed to think about that a bit harder than necessary "Yes"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"All I needed to know. C'mon, boss and egghead caught a live one, might want your help to make sure these idiots were just picking the wrong caravans to screw with and weren't venatori." He said as he slid his axe back into its holster and turned to leave. Cole glanced up and nodded. "I like to... " His face faltered into a frown. his eyes turned towards the opposite direction, and his head slowly cocked to the side. "...help. I… The Iron Bull?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yea kid?" Bull said, glancing back over his shoulder. Whatever Cole was staring at, the qunari couldn't see it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Someone's... hurting. They want me to help"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And then he was gone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a room. It was not a room he had been in before, and it was steeped in a quiet hurt. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Lost, left alone, mother gone, father chose the other, why wasn't I good enough…. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]There were others too. All with their own pains and problems /I couldn't save them, bleeding, broken, dead, my fault, pulled them into my doom, never again, never again for anyone else, pain to stop pain before it begins/Quiet, content, but steeped in the terror of thousands, uncaring, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]monster[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]/Time twists and turns, past at my fingertips yet still haunts me, why wasn't I there, I have to fix it, fix and find the girl, dead so many times I don't think I can fix it / others, their pains fuzzier, the fade fading, staticy in the ears.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cole had been there the whole time, but ignored. It was hard for people to notice him even when he wanted to be. It was almost impossible otherwise, and while he wanted to help, he [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]always [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]wanted to help, but there's wasn't the pain that drew him here.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Reviled, hated, putrid by purpose, sins stored inside me, steeped in my being, man made myth, I will be what they call me[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]… This was going to be hard to help. As it was, he had followed others. Even he was as lost as they here, and especially now that he was surrounded by darkness with the others.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The dark here feels hungry."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first words spoken, as for all intents and purposes he just appeared in the middle of the group, head cocked to the side as if somehow listening to the lack of light.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@Jeremi[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@Hospes[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@Klutzy Ninja Kitty[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@TheSpringwoodSlasher[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@BarrenThin[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@Crimson Spartan @Verite [/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#3a3a3a]@Gibbons[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
3206_medium.jpg

That comment from Kizaru was enough to bring another smile to Stubbs's face as he tucked the card away. It wasn't often that he had to be told to worry about monsters. Usually because in most people's eyes he was the monster! Not a reputation undeserved if he had to say so himself but humans often got such a stick up their ass in regards to stuff like that. Sure they died a painful death after Stubbs tore into their cranium and munched on their grey matter like a pink gooey meal. But they gained so much more after death. Yeah they weren't as intelligent or as powerful as Stubbs was but that came with the perks of being the Alpha Zombie, baby.

As they ventured into the dark room and Kizaru ended up turning out to be a human flashlight, Stubbs wondered idly if he ever lost his lighter, he could use Kizaru as an impromptu lighter. That'd be a fun way for him to bond with the humans he supposed. He was starting to grow hungry however. He just wished that there was some undesirable among these people who the others wouldn't mind or even notice if they had their brain eaten. But Stubbs could not be so lucky it seemed.

As the zombie was just shambling along however, he was nearly barreled over by Gunha rushing forward like a gazelle. Shaking an angry fist in his general direction, Stubbs continued forward. Kids these days, they break off handshakes with you because you smell like ass and then they run into a room like they own the damn place. Things were so much more simpler when it was just him, the maggots, and the birds whenever one of them picked at the worms crawling throughout Stubb's body. Damn birds.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crimson Spartan @Other Downstairs peeps @Gibbons
None of that, the shutting doors or numerous barrels, mattered to the man known as Sogiita Gunha. He continued rushing down, going down the stairs he saw before him.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi
Why wouldn't he check the barrels? There could be some tasty drink in them. He'd raise his leg up into the air and have it slam down on the nearest barrel, most likely sending the contents and pieces of the barrel flying all over the place. "Whoops. Guess I overdid it..." With a casual shrug he'd instead continue onwards and find himself at the stairs.

"So much hassle to find the lord of the manor...Yoohoo anyone here?" He asked as he walked down the stairs doing his best not to knock his head into the ceiling due to this height and overall size.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Crimson Spartan @Gibbons @Dark room peeps

"Well i'm are from Ylisstol...It's a nice place when Risen ain't roamin' around or war... I'm only a village boy though so there's that. Lon'qu he's from Ferox...Cold place full of some of the strongest people you ever would see..." Donny explained to Reece as he would follow behind the others.

"....It's not how I view a woman....It's something i'd rather not talk about..." Lon'qu spoke to Reece trailing behind everyone else....

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Verite @Hiddendoorpeeps​
Knowing it was dark and difficult to see, Eve made her way over to the gentleman with the lantern. "Might I walk with you? Your source of light may be useful," she told him, stepping further into the room with him.

Glancing around, she curiously spotted the barrels. "What could those be for, I wonder?" she questioned aloud, continuing to move. She checked one of the barrels to see if she could find anything.

@Hospes @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Verite @Downstairs group​
To Kizaru and Eve, who would check the barrels, you would find... wine. Lots and lots of ordinary wine. Wine that was now splattered everywhere since Kizaru had smashed one of the barrels. Good job. In any case, don't drink it, Eve! No drunk lolis allowed!

In any case, as you would all go down the stairs, you would be led into an even larger room. Large enough that the tall Kizaru was able to stand upright without having to worry about bumping his head around, but on top of that... the room was just plain big, not just in height, but in diameter as well. Who knew how much wine there was in this labyrinth like place?

In the distance, you could all hear soft, slow footsteps approaching your way...

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Downstairs peeps

Last edited:
4irmoik.gif

With startling speed, especially for someone of his size, the hulking beast barely managed to barely dodge the ice arrow shot at him, and retaliate against Karin, Ethel, and the others, flipping and kicking about at them like some sort of feral kickboxer. Scary thought.

This'll be a story to tell the kids.

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Bomb @york @Josh M
Oh, so this guy knows some tae kwon do huh?

Ethel fought back, transforming the bow Fury to knuckles, and began in the most epic fist to fist combat ever.

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @york @Josh M @Verite

Seeing the mess the hulkish creature was making, Cindy span her organic web, which came from her fingers, and aimed a shot at the creature's eyes and mouth.

Si37_zpsi1px9mkl.png

"You know, I get cranky when I don't eat anything for a long time too. Here, let me give you something to chew on!"

@Gummi Bunnies @york @Verite @The Tactician

"Maybe maybe~," Avenger said mischievously with something of a shrug in response to Minato's and Ryan's questions, before standing back up again on his two feet, "I wouldn't be so sure... Heh. With a colorful pack of people like yourselves, I'm sure the Traitors will have a pretty hard time picking out who to kill, and who to let live... Wouldn't you agree? Man... this death game is more fun than any Holy Grail War could ever be!" He exclaimed enthusiastically.

If he had a face, one could assume he had the biggest grin right now.

The birds suddenly stopped chirping. In fact, they seemed to entirely be gone, as though they were scared off by the mere presence of Avenger alone.

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hospes @Courtyard peeps

"..." Well, apparently someone, or likely some group, was out to get them. She would've asked him who they were, or how they could avoid the death game, but by the way he acted it was clear she wasn't getting answers.

Unless maybe...

qDTvZPK.gif

She could beat the answer out of him. With a compressed mass of nitrogen, she threw her fist at the man's body.​
The little princess grinned at the young man after he told her his name. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Minato. I'm Ilona, Princess of Arendelle," she replied, offering him an elegant bow. "Why are you at this place, Sir Minato? Are you lost too?"

Her own question may have been answered, however, when she caught something that Avenger said to them. "Traitors? Wait, this wouldn't happen to be a... Murder Game, would it?" she asked, worry appearing in her eyes. Yes, Ilona had heard about Murder games before. Her parents told her bits and pieces about them. They had met during one, after all.

However, what worried Ilona was that other than the fact that they met during a game, the knight and the queen never had anything good to say about them. They were dreadful, awful games...

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hospes @Courtyard peeps​

Though it did seem one of them did at least have an idea of what was going on. She'd have to ask her, later.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @The Tactician @Hospes

Whatever the shadow guy was talking about, it super wasn't safe to stick around. And he just flat-out stated he wasn't telling them anything, and expected them to die. How scary.

Yet this kid didn't seem to get that, somehow.

5SWUnzM.gif

"Are you super stupid, or something? The answer to that question is obviously a super yes."

tumblr_inline_nf3e0gL1iH1t1fn0p.gif

At this, Ryan's demeanor seemed to grow a tad upset- or maybe disappointed -almost unnoticeably so, and she tried to hide this by ghosting her hand over her face, tucking a few stray locks of blonde hair behind her ear. And yet still, even with this statement from the older girl, Ryan remained trusting as ever. "Oh.. Well, he hasn't done anything yet.. How do you know that?" she asked, remaining hopeful. She did grow confused by the mention of traitors, though. "Traitors..? Killing people..?" Ryan definitely didn't like the sounds of that.
Deoxys stared at the hand for two minutes, scrutinizing every detail about it. Her mind was so colorful, and naive. She seemed to not know what Deoxys was, and had no fear for it. Deoxys could easily end her life right now because of her foolish and untactical behavior. Deoxys has met children before, and knows their endless amounts of ignorance and foolishness. They are easy targets, shoved aside.

Yet, this one was not trying to fight for its parent figure. It was trained to kill. It was trying to be social.

Is this what innocence is?

Deoxys raised its formed hand and lightly gripped Ryan's soft hand, lightly shaking it up and down. Deoxys was so focused on Ryan that it could care less for the stupid ramblings of Avenger.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @The Tactician @Hospes

The ten-year-old did look back up at Deoxys after a pause, at least happy to have her hand shaken. As Deoxys seemed to have determined, Ryan didn't seem scared of anything around her... Not even the Avenger when it spoke of death, and people around her dying. Maybe this was result of having the belief that the shadow didn't mean they would die now; just that it would happen eventually. Something Ryan already knew. As a Healer, one who had been stuck in a safe household her entire life with little freedom, she was unaware of the cruelties of the world.

Mayhaps that was the precise reason she had been kept inside at all times.

"Do you mind if I call you Deo?" she inquired, a slight smile returning to her features as she looked up at Deoxys. A welcome distraction from the other child's claims that the Avenger was a bad man.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard folk ayyyy​

Ylisstol.. thought Reece, frowning deeply. Never heard of it, and I know my geography like nobody's business. ...Aside from the location of her kid sister, of course. Despite, the blonde nineteen-year-old just answered levelly. "May I ask where this.. Ylisstol.. Is? I've never heard of it before," the Sybil explained, hoping to get a bit more info. "..And when you say you're a village boy.. As opposed to.. what?" As far as Reece was aware, not many countries still stuck to Hierarchy anymore.

In reference to Lon'qu's statement, Reece just hummed. "Fair enough. I won't press if you don't desire to speak," she stated(although, being the nosy female she was, Reece definitely wished to know), offering a smile over her shoulder. But with how dark it was, save for the light from Frank's lamp... It wasn't certain he'd see, anyways. "So.. Do we even know where we're going? Anyone?"

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Downstairs staircase door folk​
To Kizaru and Eve, who would check the barrels, you would find... wine. Lots and lots of ordinary wine. Wine that was now splattered everywhere since Kizaru had smashed one of the barrels. Good job. In any case, don't drink it, Eve! No drunk lolis allowed!

In any case, as you would all go down the stairs, you would be led into an even larger room. Large enough that the tall Kizaru was able to stand upright without having to worry about bumping his head around, but on top of that... the room was just plain big, not just in height, but in diameter as well. Who knew how much wine there was in this labyrinth like place?

In the distance, you could all hear soft, slow footsteps approaching your way...

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Downstairs peeps

When Kizaru smashed one of the barrels, Eve yipped as the wine was splashed onto her black dress. She frowned, hoping that the wine wouldn't stain it. She didn't drink the wine, not because the narrator was against it, but because she didn't care to have it until she was older. :P

Anyhow, Eve headed down the stairs with the group until she was in the larger room. She glanced to Reece, who asked where they were going, and pointed ahead. "I'm uncertain, but it appears as if someone is coming..."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Maybe maybe~," Avenger said mischievously with something of a shrug in response to Minato's and Ryan's questions, before standing back up again on his two feet, "I wouldn't be so sure... Heh. With a colorful pack of people like yourselves, I'm sure the Traitors will have a pretty hard time picking out who to kill, and who to let live... Wouldn't you agree? Man... this death game is more fun than any Holy Grail War could ever be!" He exclaimed enthusiastically.

If he had a face, one could assume he had the biggest grin right now.

The birds suddenly stopped chirping. In fact, they seemed to entirely be gone, as though they were scared off by the mere presence of Avenger alone.

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hospes @Courtyard peeps
The little princess grinned at the young man after he told her his name. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Minato. I'm Ilona, Princess of Arendelle," she replied, offering him an elegant bow. "Why are you at this place, Sir Minato? Are you lost too?"

Her own question may have been answered, however, when she caught something that Avenger said to them. "Traitors? Wait, this wouldn't happen to be a... Murder Game, would it?" she asked, worry appearing in her eyes. Yes, Ilona had heard about Murder games before. Her parents told her bits and pieces about them. They had met during one, after all.

However, what worried Ilona was that other than the fact that they met during a game, the knight and the queen never had anything good to say about them. They were dreadful, awful games...

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hospes @Courtyard peeps​
tumblr_inline_mydxbzDyAn1qg734k.png

Minato could feel a rapier's grip, one he carried for all emergencies, forming in his hand once again, and he wasn't going to miss the chance to put it to use. With a simple blade leveled at Avenger's throat, he growled at the creature, obviously displeased, "Traitors, eh...? So it's just like what Mister Castle said. Begone from us, Shadow, before I prove my ability with this blade."

"It's just Minato, Miss Ilona," he snapped back at Ilona, not meaning to scare her by his harsh tone. His eyes remained on Avenger, not trusting it to keep to one place, "And let's focus on this thing first. I have a feeling any negligence of it would prove fatal..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hospes @Courtyard peeps
4irmoik.gif

With startling speed, especially for someone of his size, the hulking beast barely managed to barely dodge the ice arrow shot at him, and retaliate against Karin, Ethel, and the others, flipping and kicking about at them like some sort of feral kickboxer. Scary thought.

This'll be a story to tell the kids.

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Bomb @york @Josh M
tumblr_inline_nifrg0dDzm1sfvecc.png

Robin was a distraction for the beast and what a distraction he would prove to be. Ducking and sliding from place to place, it seemed the tactician's luck still held true in this situation as all the rest. One moment, he was before the beast, crouching beneath a punch, and the next, he was behind it. "Come on, give me a real challenge, foe!" Normally, he wouldn't be launching such jeers at his foe, instead preferring to be respectable in most clashes. However, he needed to keep the beast's eyes on him to allow the others to attack.

@Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Bomb @york @Josh M

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Downstairs peeps
"STOP!" Gunha shouted, as much to the people with him as it was to the footsteps. "Who's there?" he asked with a rather loud voice.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi

tumblr_inline_n7i1dlvhrg1rkl838.png

"Oh how nice, sounds like we got company..."

Kizaru would casually move towards to the footsteps. probably even slower than the ones walking towards them.

At this, Ryan's demeanor seemed to grow a tad upset- or maybe disappointed -almost unnoticeably so, and she tried to hide this by ghosting her hand over her face, tucking a few stray locks of blonde hair behind her ear. And yet still, even with this statement from the older girl, Ryan remained trusting as ever. "Oh.. Well, he hasn't done anything yet.. How do you know that?" she asked, remaining hopeful. She did grow confused by the mention of traitors, though. "Traitors..? Killing people..?" Ryan definitely didn't like the sounds of that.

Whatever the shadow guy was talking about, it super wasn't safe to stick around. And he just flat-out stated he wasn't telling them anything, and expected them to die. How scary.

Yet this kid didn't seem to get that, somehow.

5SWUnzM.gif

"Are you super stupid, or something? The answer to that question is obviously a super yes."

"Calm yourself, a rude statement directed toward another isn't going to help anything," Ilona said, placing a hand on Ryan's shoulder, to stick up for her. She wasn't going to let someone treat a new friend of hers poorly! "Leave her be. If you have negative thoughts, I'd suggest keeping them to yourself."

Minato could feel a rapier's grip, one he carried for all emergencies, forming in his hand once again, and he wasn't going to miss the chance to put it to use. With a simple blade leveled at Avenger's throat, he growled at the creature, obviously displeased, "Traitors, eh...? So it's just like what Mister Castle said. Begone from us, Shadow, before I prove my ability with this blade."

"It's just Minato, Miss Ilona," he snapped back at Ilona, not meaning to scare her by his harsh tone. His eyes remained on Avenger, not trusting it to keep to one place, "And let's focus on this thing first. I have a feeling any negligence of it would prove fatal..."

The child glanced at Minato, not frightened by his harsh tone. "Forgive me, I'm quite used to calling others by titles, but I shall try not to if it would make you feel better."

@Hospes @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard peeps​

• Love

When Kizaru smashed one of the barrels, Eve yipped as the wine was splashed onto her black dress. She frowned, hoping that the wine wouldn't stain it. She didn't drink the wine, not because the narrator was against it, but because she didn't care to have it until she was older. :P

Anyhow, Eve headed down the stairs with the group until she was in the larger room. She glanced to Reece, who asked where they were going, and pointed ahead. "I'm uncertain, but it appears as if someone is coming..."

"..."

A heavy sigh fell from Reece's lips, and she rubbed her temples slightly. "Wine. Of all the things that could've been here...-" she started, but she fell silent immediately when her keen ears picked up the sound of footsteps approaching. She nodded at Eve's comment, and the Caster braced herself. "Indeed.. Be careful, until we know it's a threat or not," she commented in a low tone. She was ready to conjure up any sort of small object or Cast if needed, but waited, first, to know whether this was a threat or not.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Folk in the mystery door​

The ten-year-old did look back up at Deoxys after a pause, at least happy to have her hand shaken. As Deoxys seemed to have determined, Ryan didn't seem scared of anything around her... Not even the Avenger when it spoke of death, and people around her dying. Maybe this was result of having the belief that the shadow didn't mean they would die now; just that it would happen eventually. Something Ryan already knew. As a Healer, one who had been stuck in a safe household her entire life with little freedom, she was unaware of the cruelties of the world.

Mayhaps that was the precise reason she had been kept inside at all times.

"Do you mind if I call you Deo?" she inquired, a slight smile returning to her features as she looked up at Deoxys. A welcome distraction from the other child's claims that the Avenger was a bad man.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard folk ayyyy​
Deoxys nodded slightly, seeing the emotion in the eyes of the little human girl. She seemed to averse to the natural aspects of nature. "I suppose so."

However, more important matters needed to be attended to.​

"Calm yourself, a rude statement directed toward another isn't going to help anything," Ilona said, placing a hand on Ryan's shoulder, to stick up for her. She wasn't going to let someone treat a new friend of hers poorly! "Leave her be. If you have negative thoughts, I'd suggest keeping them to yourself."

The child glanced at Minato, not frightened by his harsh tone. "Forgive me, I'm quite used to calling others by titles, but I shall try not to if it would make you feel better."

Deoxys could detect a reasonable amount of intelligence in the other small organism, a female. Deoxys rose from its slightly kneeled position and turned to Illona. "You seem mildly intelligent in the topic of 'Murder Games'. How do we end one, for I lack the time for games."

Deoxys nodded slightly, seeing the emotion in the eyes of the little human girl. She seemed to averse to the natural aspects of nature. "I suppose so."

Deoxys could detect a reasonable amount of intelligence in the other small organism, a female. Deoxys rose from its slightly kneeled position and turned to Illona. "You seem mildly intelligent in the topic of 'Murder Games'. How do we end one, for I lack the time for games."

Ilona looked over at Deoxys with a smile. He was an interesting looking creature...

bc04ae2d402cc4592c9cbf7886fdae31.png

"I-I fear I don't know much, sir," she said with a frown. "I only know a little about them, because my parents were forced to participate in such games. They wouldn't tell me much, but they always looked upset when they talked about the games, as if they were really bad. Murder games usually have traitors in them. That's why I'm worried we might be in one. I-I really hope we aren't, because I don't know how to stop one..."

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Courtyard​

erikasmuuuug2.jpg

"Ehehehehehee..."

One would wonder how the detective was able to do this, but she was present in the air, the blue-purple light in her hands starting to expand into the form of a scythe.

With a flamboyant set of twirls, Erika spun around with her scythe, aiming to get some good slices on the hulking figure. If it wasn't for Robin's distraction, her little entrance wouldn't have that aura of illusion that allowed her to sneak by and get into this position in the first place.

@The Tactician @york @Bomb @Verite @Upstairs peeps​

Stubbs_the_Zombie.jpg

"Oooh!~"

Stubbs was too entranced by the spilled wine to care about much of anything else at the moment. Making his way over to another barrel, Stubbs sought to slam a fist into the top of it and hoisting it up, he'd proceed to chug as much wine as he could handle. Once he practically drank the barrel empty, he'd seek to hurl it against the wall. He'd then move onto the next and let out a rather obnoxious burp for a dead man upon finishing. It still had the same kick to it that it did when he was alive. Maybe sticking around in this place for a while wasn't so bad. He had got himself a statue to present to Maggie alongside a ring and got drunk off his ass. Which surprised Stubbs that was still a thing. But how much of it was Stubbs acting like a fool and how much was genuine it was hard to tell.

"Braaa-hic-ins.."

The footsteps weren't alarming to Stubbs in the slightest. He was already dead so what could be the worst that happened? Not to mention the fact that he had plenty of 'allies' he could strategically place himself behind. If he could stand up straight anyway. He'd shakily limp after Kizaru and the others in the direction of the footsteps. "Braaaaiinsssss!!Heh..heh."

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Downstairs peeps

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T. and Verite

Ryan seemed to cheer back up slightly when Ilona defended her, and she just smiled. "It's alright, Lona.. She didn't mean to be rude," Ryan stated, confidently. It certainly seemed that the girl trusted people too much for her own good. She did seem curious about the male that was now with Ilona, though, but she didn't yet question him. Of course, with how social and curious she was, it would undoubtedly happen soon enough.

Deoxys's response just made the smile widen, and she nodded right back. "Thank you," she chimed in a friendly manner. It seemed the girl wasn't difficult to make happy, and was very friendly and outgoing to everyone around her.
Ilona looked over at Deoxys with a smile. He was an interesting looking creature...

bc04ae2d402cc4592c9cbf7886fdae31.png

"I-I fear I don't know much, sir," she said with a frown. "I only know a little about them, because my parents were forced to participate in such games. They wouldn't tell me much, but they always looked upset when they talked about the games, as if they were really bad. Murder games usually have traitors in them. That's why I'm worried we might be in one. I-I really hope we aren't, because I don't know how to stop one..."

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Courtyard​

This comment certainly snagged Ryan's attention. "A... Murder game?" she repeated, thinking this over. "That sounds awful dreadful.." she commented, a small pout on her features. "And there's no way to stop them?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard folk​

"..." Well, apparently someone, or likely some group, was out to get them. She would've asked him who they were, or how they could avoid the death game, but by the way he acted it was clear she wasn't getting answers.

Unless maybe...

qDTvZPK.gif

She could beat the answer out of him. With a compressed mass of nitrogen, she threw her fist at the man's body.​

"Heh heh... Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What's it to you, kid? As for how to stop one... well, I guess you'll just have to find all the Traitors then," Avenger would answer elusively to Ilona, and then to Deoxys, before suddenly jumping back in order to avoid Saiai's attack.

"Whoa, whoa! Ho' there, kid. That was real uncalled for!" He exclaimed, producing what appeared to be two strange, reverse-gripped weapons, almost seemingly out of nowhere.

TIMYQPy.png

"Aha, I see, I get it! You think you can beat me to my knees and interrogate me until I break, huh? Is that it?! Jeez, I thought we were having a friendly conversation here! I'll have you know even if you do beat me, I'm not saying another word! I'll leave you to suffer the wrath of the Traitors themselves! How 'bout that?!"

Well, he wasn't like Frenda in any case, eh, Saiai?

@Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Courtyard peeps

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows

Ylisstol.. thought Reece, frowning deeply. Never heard of it, and I know my geography like nobody's business. ...Aside from the location of her kid sister, of course. Despite, the blonde nineteen-year-old just answered levelly. "May I ask where this.. Ylisstol.. Is? I've never heard of it before," the Sybil explained, hoping to get a bit more info. "..And when you say you're a village boy.. As opposed to.. what?" As far as Reece was aware, not many countries still stuck to Hierarchy anymore.

In reference to Lon'qu's statement, Reece just hummed. "Fair enough. I won't press if you don't desire to speak," she stated(although, being the nosy female she was, Reece definitely wished to know), offering a smile over her shoulder. But with how dark it was, save for the light from Frank's lamp... It wasn't certain he'd see, anyways. "So.. Do we even know where we're going? Anyone?"

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Downstairs staircase door folk​
"...Well considerin' all of us appear to be different it ain't a stretch to say we ain't from different...er.....I don't know how to explain it....but it would explain why you don't know about Ylisstol or Ferox."

"...You mean like a different universe compared to ours...?"

"Could be..."

"...Sounds like something Miriel would say..."

As the two had talked somewhat answeing Reece they noticed that things were happening around them.

Lon'qu looked up as he could hear footsteps ahead. Readying his sword he was suddenly next to Reece and Donny again. "Keep your lance ready....I don't like this..." Lon'qu spoke as Donny took a step forward placing himself in front of Reece as he held his lance tightly.

@Verite @Hospes @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Downstairs peeps

Ryan seemed to cheer back up slightly when Ilona defended her, and she just smiled. "It's alright, Lona.. She didn't mean to be rude," Ryan stated, confidently. It certainly seemed that the girl trusted people too much for her own good. She did seem curious about the male that was now with Ilona, though, but she didn't yet question him. Of course, with how social and curious she was, it would undoubtedly happen soon enough.

Deoxys's response just made the smile widen, and she nodded right back. "Thank you," she chimed in a friendly manner. It seemed the girl wasn't difficult to make happy, and was very friendly and outgoing to everyone around her.

This comment certainly snagged Ryan's attention. "A... Murder game?" she repeated, thinking this over. "That sounds awful dreadful.." she commented, a small pout on her features. "And there's no way to stop them?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard folk​
Deoxys eyes would become a light shade of purple, as random objects hovered off the ground and orbited about it as it spoke in a deeper tone.

"We terminate the Traitors."

As Deoxys said it, the biomass that made up its body instinctively began shifting and morphing, its hands coming apart into tentacles and the ends of those tentacles becoming sharp like spears. Much of Deoxys' body suddenly became sharper and more aggressive, being identified as its Attack Form!

386-attack.png

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @The Tactician @Verite @Courtyard folk​

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.