• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't blame anything on me," Milton replied to the man with a wave of his hands. "The biters have minds of their owns. My job isn't to control their minds, but to study them. Anyhow, be careful in there." The man bit his lower lip, suddenly worried about the situation inside the room. If the cages were unlocked for some reason, it probably was because he had been too scared and eager to get out of the room last time he went down there--causing him to forget.

He flinched seeing Cagliostro create a flame in her hands, nodding afterwards. "Oh, that's... handy. I guess that will work better than a flashlight." He paused for a moment before suddenly adding, "If for some reason any of them got loose, please try not to kill them. People don't deserve to be killed just because they're sick."

When the group would enter the room, they would see nothing at first. They would walk down a long, dark hallway with a cage at the end of it.

2500687341_bfdfded099_z.jpg

When the group would move to look at the cage, however, they would see that it was empty and not because it had been unlocked. The bars were bent, giving the biters an opening to move through. The biters didn't seem to be in the room, but a light pounding and scratching could be heard coming from behind a closed door next to the cage.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

Azura didn't like the look of the situation whatsoever and released Joshua's hand from her own, ready to defend herself and the others if need be. They only needed one, but if the biters rushed the group it would probably be hard not to kill any of them.

"Strange how the bars have been bent in such a way....we'll have to tread more carefully." she said quietly.

Hearing the pounding and scratching she glanced to the door warily. Someone would have to go check it, and someine else would have to snare the biter that could come out from it.

"I'll check if no one else will." Azura offered as she glanced to the rest of the group momentarily.

Without another word, she walked over to the door carefully and quietly, Naginata in hand as she glanced over her shoulder at the group to gauge their forms. If the biters were behind this door, then how did they get closed in? How many were there? There were many questions in the Nohrian's mind and her heart pumped with adrenaline. This all seemed suspicious that the biter just weren't in that cage and it bothered her deep down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

latest

"...Do not kill... Understood..." Jaffar spoke up before joining Azura over by the door. His daggers at the ready but not to kill.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

F8IQZXA.webp

"We'll try," Cagliostro grins at Milk before the group proceeds.

And so proceed they did.

"Huh. I was under the assumption that these 'biters' acted like cases of necromanced, unordered corpses, something that logically shouldn't know how to open doors," Cagliostro says as she notices the sounds coming from a closed door next to the cage. Her flame grew a little bigger to make all else more visible, and also conjured Ouroboros from a rift in preparation of an expected incoming attack that was ready to burst through the door.

RjVR5mt.webp

"Sounds like quite the ravenous horde," Cagliostro's grin did not leave her face as she turns to everyone else, "not a challenge for the great Cagliostro, but as I am polite, I must ask - is it a challenge for you?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies
"Still going to pin the blame on you," I replied as the group moved through the door. I made no mention about what he said about them being sick. If they weren't a threat, there was nothing to worry about, but if they did and there was no way around, I'll aim to kill.

I looked down the long, dark corridor as the group moved towards the end. This was perfect for mowing them down if they escaped or locking us in and allowing the undead horde to try to overwhelm us. However, once we approached the end and saw that there wasn't nothing in the cage, my grip tightened on my weapons. The bars were bent wide enough to allow a human to slide through.

Did the virus give them abnormal strength or did something else did that?

My ears perked up when I heard pounding and scratching coming from the door. And of course, the anime girl who now identified herself as Cagliostro said it wouldn't be a challenge while wearing a grin.I frowned and tilted my head. Really? It wouldn't be a challenge for her?

"Maybe we can invite them for a bite then?" I joked."And maybe we should creak the door open a little if it doesn't have a window in case it isn't the biters?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
Azura didn't like the look of the situation whatsoever and released Joshua's hand from her own, ready to defend herself and the others if need be. They only needed one, but if the biters rushed the group it would probably be hard not to kill any of them.

"Strange how the bars have been bent in such a way....we'll have to tread more carefully." she said quietly.

Hearing the pounding and scratching she glanced to the door warily. Someone would have to go check it, and someine else would have to snare the biter that could come out from it.

"I'll check if no one else will." Azura offered as she glanced to the rest of the group momentarily.

Without another word, she walked over to the door carefully and quietly, Naginata in hand as she glanced over her shoulder at the group to gauge their forms. If the biters were behind this door, then how did they get closed in? How many were there? There were many questions in the Nohrian's mind and her heart pumped with adrenaline. This all seemed suspicious that the biter just weren't in that cage and it bothered her deep down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
"And the traitor jumps at the opportunity," I muttered. I could only assume why she would. It must have weighed upon her heart that she killed two people even if she was under control of a external force."Hold up, Azura, I can warp, or teleport, in, take a glance, and be out before whatever is behind that door knows what's going on."

I could spare two warps thanks to that long break, though I still couldn't spam it. For some reason I tired out far more quicker than normal and my estimates gave me five warps in total before I liquefy. That would be a puddle of fun wouldn't it?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
"Wait, don't open that door!" the others would hear someone cry through the darkness, an individual nobody had yet noticed. But before anyone could stop Azura when she would offer to open the door, the door would be opened by her. From inside the room, biters poured out and surrounded her and Jaffar, flooding the hallway and surrounding the others as well. They began to cover her, snarling, groaning, and trying to rip into her flesh from all angles.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

tumblr_inline_ng0i7vDLMd1shpc29.png

"Oh that does not look friendly at all!"

Blake had no other way to put it once they were seeing this huge blob after them. So while Clark attempted to slow it's advance down, the Black Raven knew that he had to move out there quick and with Senna and Miku too!

"Guys, we need to distance ourselves... from whatever that is, and fast! So I need you guys to hold onto me or something!"

Blake turned his attention to Senna and Miku, his projected wings readying for some maximum speed soon enough.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
Seeing now was their time to flee, Miku joined the others in exiting the offices, ornamental sword still in hand. It's when Duvall's formless self broke through the wall, however, that Miku knew they had to cover some serious ground, and fast. That thing was advancing.
obhTUm1.jpg

With some of the group attempting to hold the mass back, she looked to Blake. "Are you sure you can carry us both?!" She asked, the urgency evident in her voice.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova
3UthMEd.gif

Working her best to escape with the group, Senna rushed out of the office, stopping only a second to look back at the mass. Her amber eyes fixed on it, as if mesmerized by this kind of beast she had never seen before. The girl could feel worry for the group causing her heart to race faster. She couldn't help but wonder if now would be a good time for her to adorn her soul reaper form. In her human-like gigai body she couldn't run very fast and most certainly couldn't help anyone!

Snapping herself back to reality, Senna head Blake call out for Miku and herself to hold onto him. She turned to reply, only to find herself buffeted by rubble from when the mass would break through the wall. The girl let out a scream, falling over when the rubble would knock into her.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

"Wait, don't open that door!" the others would hear someone cry through the darkness, an individual nobody had yet noticed. But before anyone could stop Azura when she would offer to open the door, the door would be opened by her. From inside the room, biters poured out and surrounded her and Jaffar, flooding the hallway and surrounding the others as well. They began to cover her, snarling, groaning, and trying to rip into her flesh from all angles.

"Oh boy, zombies," I rolled my eyes as the biters flooded the hall. Yes, the situation wasn't in our favor, but I was correct in my prediction that one of the most overused monsters in fiction were now our enemies for the time being. I could also see non-violent actions were a no because of the numbers and how quickly they surrounded us. Besides, Milton said not to kill them. Didn't say we couldn't mutilate them!

However, instead of using my weapons right away, the air around me stirred, picking up speed and expanding in a attempt to push the zombies clawing at me away. It was then I would charge, aiming to hack limbs and jaws off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whoever wanted them not to open the door, they called out much too late. Azura gasped lightly, using her Naginata to quickly block a biter in front of her before pushing it away into another, she began to put her dancing skills to the test, carefully and nimbly avoiding their bites and scratches to the best of her abilities while pushing them back and smacking them out of her and Jaffar's way with the blunt end of her Naginatas blade.

57efd202c9b596acd21ffb7c768f46ab.png

They only needed one, this was rather unnecessary for all of them to have been out of the cage and for all of them to swarm the group. Either way, she'll protect those around her to the best of her abilities until her dying breath.

"Oh boy, zombies," I rolled my eyes as the biters flooded the hall. Yes, the situation wasn't in our favor, but I was correct in my prediction that one of the most overused monsters in fiction were now our enemies for the time being. I could also see non-violent actions were a no because of the numbers and how quickly they surrounded us. Besides, Milton said not to kill them. Didn't say we couldn't mutilate them!

However, instead of using my weapons right away, the air around me stirred, picking up speed and expanding in a attempt to push the zombies clawing at me away. It was then I would charge, aiming to hack limbs and jaws off.

Whoever wanted them not to open the door, they called out much too late. Azura gasped lightly, using her Naginata to quickly block a biter in front of her before pushing it away into another, she began to put her dancing skills to the test, carefully and nimbly avoiding their bites and scratches to the best of her abilities while pushing them back and smacking them out of her and Jaffar's way with the blunt end of her Naginatas blade.

They only needed one, this was rather unnecessary for all of them to have been out of the cage and for all of them to swarm the group. Either way, she'll protect those around her to the best of her abilities until her dying breath.

"Mindless zombies, almost makes this a complete bore, doesn't it, Road?"

Cagliostro coughs once.

M1wkym4.webp

"Almost."

With that, Cagliostro begins to maniacally laugh as she starts to set various Biters on fire.

"Oh my, that was wrong of me~, my bad~..." Cagliostro says in a bubbly, slightly apologetic voice.

"... for not letting you have your share of fun, Ouroboros!"

The serpentine construct began to rise towards the air, decimating many Biters with what appeared to be an energy beam of odd properties. This beam appeared to be drawing the Biters into some sort of black hole-like pillar, crushing their bones with sheer density and gravity.

"Oh right~ we need one~" Cagliostro, while in her bubbly voice, morphed the earth beneath them in order to seal one Biter in a durable stone casing.

"Easy peasy~ now we just need to deal with the rest and leave with that one~"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Takumi @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi
Lucifer looked over his shoulder and groaned. He hated that they were running from the blob, he hated that they had lost Penny and he hated how it wasn't slowing down. He decided to pull out his gun and aim a few bullets at him to slow him down. If he needed too, he would use his sword or telekinesis but that was only if it was necessary. " You know, how exactly did we wind up in this Scooby-esque/ Indian Jones situation?" He asked no one in particular. Hopefully the cultural reference didn't go over their heads.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing @Verite @thatguyinthestore

Linda wasn't sure what to do. " Ada, what exactly do I do?" She asked.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Takumi @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

Cagliostro coughs once.

M1wkym4.webp

"Almost."

With that, Cagliostro begins to maniacally laugh as she starts to set various Biters on fire.

"Oh my, that was wrong of me~, my bad~..." Cagliostro says in a bubbly, slightly apologetic voice.

The serpentine construct began to rise towards the air, decimating many Biters with what appeared to be an energy beam of odd properties. This beam appeared to be drawing the Biters into some sort of black hole-like pillar, crushing their bones with sheer density and gravity.

"Oh right~ we need one~" Cagliostro, while in her bubbly voice, morphed the earth beneath them in order to seal one Biter in a durable stone casing.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Takumi @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
vBtL8ul.png

At the flood of Biters, the dhampir backed away considerably, creating distance between the two of them. Arm out in front to protect both Hakuei and Road behind him, he only lowered it when they were far away enough to be safe - knowing they could handle themselves. He watched as the alchemist began to burn them, their skin catching on fire and searing them painfully.
8e50411b23f98f693b0430210bcbf10f.jpg

"Begone, demons!"
His cape flew about him as he raised his hand, fire materializing from thin air at his command, flying straight towards the Biters. The balls of fire - Hellfire - shot across the room at an incredible speed, weaving through allies as if they were homing onto the enemy.

Cagliostro coughs once.

M1wkym4.webp

"Almost."

((lololol here's a really late way to catch up to the backlog 8D))

DGOrvZQ.jpg

Hakuei hadn't been able to navigate a more favorable condition from Milton, but the princess couldn't be any less pleased about how the situation turned out. Fetching what looked like suspicious beasts, ominous inhumane noises just beyond that door. The possibility that something could hurt them once again. But they had to advance.

She had her fan prepared when the Biters flooded out of the door, flipping the flabellum and producing a gust of wind that pushed out from around her, Alucard, and Road in a circle. It should push or send the Biters flying away from the trio in a circle, and as she noticed Azura being surrounded by more of the monstrosities she tucked her fan close to her obi.

6rJ32Kk.png

As Cagliostro and Azura efficiently burned or pushed away most of the biters, Hakuei quickly joined the fight, relying on her swordsmanship this time. She started picking off the beasts that Azura had thrown or smacked away with quick slashes and stabs from her blade.

"Yes, one," the princess exhaled as she noted the one biter caught in a bubble of the girl alchemist's making. "Let us be rid of the rest of these - they look like they should be put out of their misery!"

With renewed energy, Hakuei gracefully used her sword to block and deflect any attacks from the biters, moving around them and slashing at openings.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Kluzy Ninja Kitty @Archwar

James Proudstar Warpath

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

bc1b4917f0523b7e6fab240012eb1a93.jpg

"Crap, that girl is going to get eaten or blown to hell. "

James started to fly, as fast as he could to scoop the young woman out of harms way before bullets, explosions or giant hideous monster got her. He had plenty of strength to carry her and continue flying.

"You should be more careful young lady, Senna isn't it ?"

The big Apache landed and set Senna down, standing in front of her, grabbing up a table. He held the large table a bit to one side, ready to use it for cover or a weapon.

" Anyone have any good ideas ?"

"Everybody move!"

Clark shouted those words as he seemingly stayed behind. As the blob got closer, Clark took a stand, and used his Super breath to try to freeze and push the blob back.
cw_fake_screencap.jpg

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

The abomination of flesh would be slowed down by Clark's freeze breath and the others attacks made it lose chunks of mas, but it was still coming towards them.

18 spotted something inside the mass, It was the head of Duvall. "Everyone, try to hit that head." 18 knew a weak spot when she saw it and fired a ki blast towards it causing what once was Duvall to growl in pain.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing

"Gah!"

Riesbyfe let out a gasp, taken off guard when Duvall almost seemed to easily shrug off her iron punch. With the space and time she had, or lack thereof, she was hardly able to raise her shield to defend herself from Duvall's impending counterattack, but thankfully, her comrades were ahead of her, with 18 defending her and Warpath managing to pull her to safety.

"Thank you, ally!" She nodded towards the X-Man gratefully, before taking a brief moment to examine the monster Duvall had become while the others held him off. If a frontal assault would do little more than lightly perturb him, then a different approach was needed of course.

With that in mind, utilizing quick thinking, Riesbyfe dashed to behind the monster, hoping that the others would be an apt distraction while she then proceeded to ready her shield and dash forward, thrusting her shield forward and hoping to impale Duvall's body with the blade located at the tip of the shield!

SP1-Ries.png

"HaaAAAAHHHHH!"

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @york @DrugManufacturing
The damage Duvall had sustained was taking its toll. His regeneration powers working in overdrive to heal the damage. Suddenly his entire body started to grow larger with tumor like growths appearing all over. "I...was...PERFECT!!!!" His entire body was consumed yet the tumors didn't seem to be stopping to grow.

"I think it's time we run." 18 suggested as she started to make her way towards the exit of the office, hopefully the others following after leaving the withering mass to shout in agony.

Soon enough they had made their way back to the factory area when something burst through the wall.

latest

What had once been Duvall was no just a formless mass seeking to destroy the group for what they had done to him and his precious Umbrella.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing
"Everybody move!"

Clark shouted those words as he seemingly stayed behind. As the blob got closer, Clark took a stand, and used his Super breath to try to freeze and push the blob back.
cw_fake_screencap.jpg

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
tumblr_inline_ng0i7vDLMd1shpc29.png

"Oh that does not look friendly at all!"

Blake had no other way to put it once they were seeing this huge blob after them. So while Clark attempted to slow it's advance down, the Black Raven knew that he had to move out there quick and with Senna and Miku too!

"Guys, we need to distance ourselves... from whatever that is, and fast! So I need you guys to hold onto me or something!"

Blake turned his attention to Senna and Miku, his projected wings readying for some maximum speed soon enough.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
Twisted Fate had never seen anything as disgusting as this. He thought aloud,

"That...that used to be human?"

He found it hard to believe that this writhing mass of flesh used to be Duvall. He had seen monsters before, but this was a freak of nature to him. He noticed that Duvall was trying to make his way towards the group.

"Now you're just askin' for death."

He brought out three explosive red cards and hurled them towards Duvall with the intention of dealing magic damage and slowing him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing​
Jason jolted back whenever he saw the man who was once called "Duvall" turn into some molten mass of destruction headed towards him. It didn't surprise him all too much, though, as he already had dealt with someone similar before.

[spoili]Clayface

latest
[/spoili]

As the group made their way away from whatever the hell this was... Jason began to shoot at it in hopes of slowing it down.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing​
Seeing now was their time to flee, Miku joined the others in exiting the offices, ornamental sword still in hand. It's when Duvall's formless self broke through the wall, however, that Miku knew they had to cover some serious ground, and fast. That thing was advancing.
obhTUm1.jpg

With some of the group attempting to hold the mass back, she looked to Blake. "Are you sure you can carry us both?!" She asked, the urgency evident in her voice.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova
3UthMEd.gif

Working her best to escape with the group, Senna rushed out of the office, stopping only a second to look back at the mass. Her amber eyes fixed on it, as if mesmerized by this kind of beast she had never seen before. The girl could feel worry for the group causing her heart to race faster. She couldn't help but wonder if now would be a good time for her to adorn her soul reaper form. In her human-like gigai body she couldn't run very fast and most certainly couldn't help anyone!

Snapping herself back to reality, Senna head Blake call out for Miku and herself to hold onto him. She turned to reply, only to find herself buffeted by rubble from when the mass would break through the wall. The girl let out a scream, falling over when the rubble would knock into her.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
James Proudstar Warpath

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

James started to fly, as fast as he could to scoop the young woman out of harms way before bullets, explosions or giant hideous monster got her. He had plenty of strength to carry her and continue flying.

The big Apache landed and set Senna down, standing in front of her, grabbing up a table. He held the large table a bit to one side, ready to use it for cover or a weapon.

The abomination of flesh would be slowed down by Clark's freeze breath and the others attacks made it lose chunks of mas, but it was still coming towards them.

18 spotted something inside the mass, It was the head of Duvall. "Everyone, try to hit that head." 18 knew a weak spot when she saw it and fired a ki blast towards it causing what once was Duvall to growl in pain.

Schala Zeal
@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi
@Drug Manufacturing

Schala's ice magic appeared to have helped do the trick... But, unfortunately (for Duvall) it seemed that hie regeneration powers had suddenly run rampant, desperately trying to make up for the lost mass, and as a result... He became quite laden with evergrowing tumors, and despite all that he had done... Schala couldn't help but feel somewhat sorry for him.

On the other hand, she did realize that Android 18's suggestion was probably their best option if they were to survive; it didn't look like Duvall was quite dead yet, even if he was in some severe pain, so, she realized that if they were to hope to survive... They would most definitely not want to be standing in this room for much longer.

"I'm... Sorry..." She said quietly, her voice just barely loud enough to be heard, hopefully by Duvall.

Bowing her head in one final motion, to reinforce her words, she then turned, deciding to flee the area with Android 18, but even so... They didn't make it very far; Duvall, now just a formless mass was charging after them, clearly unhappy with what had happened to him, and well, with what they had done here.

This frightening, seemingly shapeless mass seemed to have shocked Schala so much that she had forgotten to act for a few moment... It was only when the others had begun to attack it, and Android 18 pointed out to try and hit the head of the creature that Schala finally acted.

Seeing now that she had no other option if she were to end Duvall's suffering within this bloated mass, she finally acted.

Using her ice magic, now having become just a little more adept at focusing it, Schala tried to freeze up the mass temporarily... Giving her just enough time to cast haste and charge forwards, and once she got close enough, she raised her hands carefully, concentrating as she tried to hit Duvall's head with a concentrated jet of flames.

These attacks were a bit rudimentary, given her lack of experience with focusing her powers... But with any luck, the techniques she did end up learning through some improvisation should at least help do the trick...​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
obhTUm1.jpg

3UthMEd.gif

James Proudstar Warpath

Schala Zeal
@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi
@Drug Manufacturing

Schala's ice magic appeared to have helped do the trick... But, unfortunately (for Duvall) it seemed that hie regeneration powers had suddenly run rampant, desperately trying to make up for the lost mass, and as a result... He became quite laden with evergrowing tumors, and despite all that he had done... Schala couldn't help but feel somewhat sorry for him.

On the other hand, she did realize that Android 18's suggestion was probably their best option if they were to survive; it didn't look like Duvall was quite dead yet, even if he was in some severe pain, so, she realized that if they were to hope to survive... They would most definitely not want to be standing in this room for much longer.

"I'm... Sorry..." She said quietly, her voice just barely loud enough to be heard, hopefully by Duvall.

Bowing her head in one final motion, to reinforce her words, she then turned, deciding to flee the area with Android 18, but even so... They didn't make it very far; Duvall, now just a formless mass was charging after them, clearly unhappy with what had happened to him, and well, with what they had done here.

This frightening, seemingly shapeless mass seemed to have shocked Schala so much that she had forgotten to act for a few moment... It was only when the others had begun to attack it, and Android 18 pointed out to try and hit the head of the creature that Schala finally acted.

Seeing now that she had no other option if she were to end Duvall's suffering within this bloated mass, she finally acted.

Using her ice magic, now having become just a little more adept at focusing it, Schala tried to freeze up the mass temporarily... Giving her just enough time to cast haste and charge forwards, and once she got close enough, she raised her hands carefully, concentrating as she tried to hit Duvall's head with a concentrated jet of flames.

These attacks were a bit rudimentary, given her lack of experience with focusing her powers... But with any luck, the techniques she did end up learning through some improvisation should at least help do the trick...​
"I'm not sure but I'll try!"

Blake said this to Miku, mere moments before Senna had been hit by some of the rubble. He managed to let out a quick "S-Sorry!" and was about to attend to her, but it looked like James had it covered for her already. Plus, it looked like they had a quick weakpoint to focus on with this incoming monster.

"Actually... change of plans... Juuust going to aim for that freak's head..."

Staying at Miku's side, Blake had his projected wings break apart again, and fire itself as projectiles aimed for Duvall's head.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing

And suddenly, all hell broke loose.

"Azura, Jaffar!" Without a moment's hesitation, Joshua had thrown himself into the fray as well. Damn the idea of taking one of these things alive, the lives of his companions was more important than that. With a keen eye that seemed almost enraged, the myrmidon began to cut through biter after biter, aiming for their necks and heads as he twirled through them like a spinning dancer.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies​

Cagliostro coughs once.

M1wkym4.webp

"Almost."

Lucifer looked over his shoulder and groaned. He hated that they were running from the blob, he hated that they had lost Penny and he hated how it wasn't slowing down. He decided to pull out his gun and aim a few bullets at him to slow him down. If he needed too, he would use his sword or telekinesis but that was only if it was necessary. " You know, how exactly did we wind up in this Scooby-esque/ Indian Jones situation?" He asked no one in particular. Hopefully the cultural reference didn't go over their heads.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing @Verite @thatguyinthestore

Linda wasn't sure what to do. " Ada, what exactly do I do?" She asked.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Takumi @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
vBtL8ul.png

At the flood of Biters, the dhampir backed away considerably, creating distance between the two of them. Arm out in front to protect both Hakuei and Road behind him, he only lowered it when they were far away enough to be safe - knowing they could handle themselves. He watched as the alchemist began to burn them, their skin catching on fire and searing them painfully.
8e50411b23f98f693b0430210bcbf10f.jpg

"Begone, demons!"
His cape flew about him as he raised his hand, fire materializing from thin air at his command, flying straight towards the Biters. The balls of fire - Hellfire - shot across the room at an incredible speed, weaving through allies as if they were homing onto the enemy.
((lololol here's a really late way to catch up to the backlog 8D))

DGOrvZQ.jpg

Hakuei hadn't been able to navigate a more favorable condition from Milton, but the princess couldn't be any less pleased about how the situation turned out. Fetching what looked like suspicious beasts, ominous inhumane noises just beyond that door. The possibility that something could hurt them once again. But they had to advance.

She had her fan prepared when the Biters flooded out of the door, flipping the flabellum and producing a gust of wind that pushed out from around her, Alucard, and Road in a circle. It should push or send the Biters flying away from the trio in a circle, and as she noticed Azura being surrounded by more of the monstrosities she tucked her fan close to her obi.

6rJ32Kk.png

As Cagliostro and Azura efficiently burned or pushed away most of the biters, Hakuei quickly joined the fight, relying on her swordsmanship this time. She started picking off the beasts that Azura had thrown or smacked away with quick slashes and stabs from her blade.

"Yes, one," the princess exhaled as she noted the one biter caught in a bubble of the girl alchemist's making. "Let us be rid of the rest of these - they look like they should be put out of their misery!"

With renewed energy, Hakuei gracefully used her sword to block and deflect any attacks from the biters, moving around them and slashing at openings.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Kluzy Ninja Kitty @Archwar
And suddenly, all hell broke loose.

"Azura, Jaffar!" Without a moment's hesitation, Joshua had thrown himself into the fray as well. Damn the idea of taking one of these things alive, the lives of his companions was more important than that. With a keen eye that seemed almost enraged, the myrmidon began to cut through biter after biter, aiming for their necks and heads as he twirled through them like a spinning dancer.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies​
Ali would be successful in knocking away some of the zombies that came after him. He would even be successful in taking the limbs off of a couple zombies, leaving them as deformed, bloody logs on the ground. The individual who had called out to them, however, wouldn't be so kind to Milton's wishes. He pulled a pistol from his jacket and shot the de-limbed zombies before turing his gun on the rest of the hoard. "Don't bother saving them. This is pointless!" He continued to shoot them, glad the group seemed to agree with taking them out.

Azura managed to take down several of the biters, just in time for the destroyed bodies to be singed by Cagliostro and Alucard's fire abilities. The combination of the fire with Hakuei's wind only seemed to make the flames stronger, also helping push a lot of their enemies into the flames. Ouroboros managed to draw in many of the dead as well, leaving them with at least enough room to breathe so that those with swords and other melee weapons would have a better advantage.

With their combined efforts, the group would manage to take down a good majority of the biters. The silence afterwards suggested the may have even taken out all of them when they were supposed to keep at least one alive. But maybe if they searched the bodies they would manage to find one that was still alive.

tumblr_inline_nc7thbIoRn1sqiwod.jpg

"I told you not to open that damn door," the man who had called out to them said, gesturing to it with his pistol. "I moved the biters into that room. It was meant to be a trap, but not for your lot," he said, clenching his jaw in frustration.

James Proudstar Warpath

"I'm not sure but I'll try!"

Blake said this to Miku, mere moments before Senna had been hit by some of the rubble. He managed to let out a quick "S-Sorry!" and was about to attend to her, but it looked like James had it covered for her already. Plus, it looked like they had a quick weakpoint to focus on with this incoming monster.

"Actually... change of plans... Juuust going to aim for that freak's head..."

Staying at Miku's side, Blake had his projected wings break apart again, and fire itself as projectiles aimed for Duvall's head.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing
Blood dripped down Senna's head. The rubble had hit her, but she would be much worse off in a few seconds if that monster came any closer to her. She would have to think fast to get away from it. Thankfully, however, James would quickly come to her rescue, making sure to sweep Senna out of the dangerous path and fly them to a safer spot before setting her down.

IW9GutX.jpg

"Th-Thanks, you... saved me," Senna replied, taking a single step forward that resulted in a dizzy stagger to one side. "18 says to try and hit the head, so I guess that's as good a plan as any," she told James, flexing her fingers. Her hands trembled, showing the girl that her gigai body wasn't functioning very well.

In order to fight, she would need to leave her gigai so she could go into soul reaper form, but with how often their group was moving lately, the teen worried she would leave the body only to lose it or see it destroyed in the chaos. While trying to decide what to do, Senna was sorely tempted just to leave the body. It was injured now and... might cause problems if she were to stay in it for too long.

Lucifer groaned as he looked over at the monster. " Aim for the head?" He asked, as he took a bullet out of his gun and attempted to do his fancy telekinesis trick to shoot without firing the gun and aiming for the head. Where the hell was Penny at the moment?

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Darkseide @Indiana Jones chasing style Drug Manfucarting.

Linda turned over to the man. " Excuse me, but who are you exactly?" She asked, very confused on who this man was.

@The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @VirusStudies

Lucifer groaned as he looked over at the monster. " Aim for the head?" He asked, as he took a bullet out of his gun and attempted to do his fancy telekinesis trick to shoot without firing the gun and aiming for the head. Where the hell was Penny at the moment?

Penny was in the midst of tossing an explosive energy ball of battle magic at the thing.

"Isn't that you Americans' answer to everything? Shoot the head?"
Letting lose the attack, he'd quickly start to cast another of the same, not sure how much reach this thing has and if it's going to come after him. He hoped not. Everyone else was a better target.​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Ali would be successful in knocking away some of the zombies that came after him. He would even be successful in taking the limbs off of a couple zombies, leaving them as deformed, bloody logs on the ground. The individual who had called out to them, however, wouldn't be so kind to Milton's wishes. He pulled a pistol from his jacket and shot the de-limbed zombies before turing his gun on the rest of the hoard. "Don't bother saving them. This is pointless!" He continued to shoot them, glad the group seemed to agree with taking them out.

Azura managed to take down several of the biters, just in time for the destroyed bodies to be singed by Cagliostro and Alucard's fire abilities. The combination of the fire with Hakuei's wind only seemed to make the flames stronger, also helping push a lot of their enemies into the flames. Ouroboros managed to draw in many of the dead as well, leaving them with at least enough room to breathe so that those with swords and other melee weapons would have a better advantage.

With their combined efforts, the group would manage to take down a good majority of the biters. The silence afterwards suggested the may have even taken out all of them when they were supposed to keep at least one alive. But maybe if they searched the bodies they would manage to find one that was still alive.

"I told you not to open that damn door," the man who had called out to them said, gesturing to it with his pistol. "I moved the biters into that room. It was meant to be a trap, but not for your lot," he said, clenching his jaw in frustration.

Bju3mr7.jpg

"Well, one here~" Cagliostro tapped the stone casing in which she sealed a single Biter in just now. "Let's bring this one back to Milk~. He'll need it..."

"I'm soorry..." Cagliostro says to the new man in a slightly pretentious manner. "Who is the trap for, anyways? Umbrella~?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

"....No matter..... I suspect one managed to survive the assault..."

3fbd242127c8c073a7b1b07c8b027b92.jpg

Jaffar glanced at the male with his daggers still in hand. Both were covered in blood suggesting that he did fight back against the biter horde.

After saying this and giving the male a cold glance he turned his attention to Azura and Joshua.

Jaffar.gif

"Multiple times you both have saved me.... Even when the rules of the Fang dictates that I should die for my incompetence.... Those actions.....remind me of someone..." His words were cold with a hint of....sorrow... His face remained blank but still a very small hint of sorrow was shown for a single millisecond.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

Reactions: Takumi
I shook my blade, sending droplets onto the floor and smiled at the man though a scoff did escape through my lips.

"Who said I was trying to save them? I was disarming them, yes, but I wanted to bring a limbless and jawless biter to a guy named Milton who asked us not to kill any as well as bring one back. He didn't say we couldn't mutilate them though. And I'm guessing that trap you set up was either meant for Umbrella or Milton."

Once I sheathed my weapons, I crossed my arms and looked at the bent bars. How was he able to do that? And how did one man lead a bunch of undead into a room? I looked back at the man. Could he have done it alone? It would be difficult, but perhaps he was able to do it.

"By the way, is there anyone else with you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.