• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirou didn't even flinch as Clark put him against a wall. Though he wasn't sure if it was gonna get physical or not, he wasn't so dumb as to think there weren't a bunch of qualms with what he'd just done. At least three had voiced complaints, and clearly Clark was even more so offended by his wanton choice to open fire. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a cigarette as Clark berated him, holding it between his teeth and then lighting it up.

"Proud? Nah. I ain't a priest or anything, but it's not like I wake up every morning planning to kill people randomly, you know. But there's a difference between a defenseless man and an enemy. You're strong. Can feel it in your grip. But you're a lot like a friend of mine."

He held up a hand as Setsuna seemed to be slowly getting more aggressive. He had to admit he liked seeing her get a bit riled up for once, but now probably wasn't the time.

"You're too kind, Clark."

As he finished speaking, the fallen Duvall had risen once more. Almost as though he'd been resurrected, only this time his body was undoubtedly otherworldly. Like Shirou had first suspected, a round of bullets had proven meaningless against him. A smirk appeared on his face before he spat his cigarette to the floor, stomping it out.

"Still so sure I'm stronger?"

His voice was still calm as he raised his gun once more, firing away at the new Duvall's stomach area. Whether the gun was useless or not, it didn't hurt to test it out.

"Setsuna, don't worry about me for now. Take that ugly bastard down."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Verite @Drug Manufacturing​
"Too kind?"

Clark's eyes flared when Shirou muttered "you're too kind". He didn't know he was talking about. Clark had seen others of his race. He fought "Phantom zoners", Clark had done battle with Zod. Kindness was something they lacked. Shirou should, in Clark's eyes be thankful for his kindness. To be kind is to be human.

However, Clark dropped the man when the unthinkable happened.
18 was ready to blow the monster away with a well placed Ki blast, but Riesbyfe's attack stopped her in her tracks. "Tch...fine." Instead she joined the holy knight up close in an attempt to defeat him in close quarter.

Riesbyfe's punch would connect, but it now only seemed like a minor inconvenience to the mutated Duvall. "A virus of my own design. It has allowed me to achieve my ultimate form in beauty!" He swiped with his claw towards Riesbyfe but was intercepted by a kick from 18.

"Dead guys should learn to say dead."

Miku spotted two ornate swords on the wall next to the fireplace. They might just be for sure but in this situation it didn't hurt to investigate.

The knives got embedded into his body but once again Duvall didn't seem to care. "Rat's always hunt in packs." Is clawed arm started crackling with electricity as he sent out an electrical shock towards the three fighting him in an attempt to get them off him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing
18 was ready to blow the monster away with a well placed Ki blast, but Riesbyfe's attack stopped her in her tracks. "Tch...fine." Instead she joined the holy knight up close in an attempt to defeat him in close quarter.

Riesbyfe's punch would connect, but it now only seemed like a minor inconvenience to the mutated Duvall. "A virus of my own design. It has allowed me to achieve my ultimate form in beauty!" He swiped with his claw towards Riesbyfe but was intercepted by a kick from 18.

Miku spotted two ornate swords on the wall next to the fireplace. They might just be for sure but in this situation it didn't hurt to investigate.

The knives got embedded into his body but once again Duvall didn't seem to care. "Rat's always hunt in packs." Is clawed arm started crackling with electricity as he sent out an electrical shock towards the three fighting him in an attempt to get them off him.
"Can't say you're not."

Clark slowly walked from Shirou as he past warpath on the way. Clark just gazed at the Duvall for a bit of time before turning to warpath before facings back at Duvall. Aiming for the man's chest, Clark quipped .

"Normally I don't take requests, but since you asked nicely...."

latest

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @ @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi

Last edited:
Reactions: Mason Moretti

rvfGQiB.png

Shooting the others a glance, Miku sprinted over to the ornate swords, stopping and examining them for a second. Would these even be useful? She supposed there was only one way to find out.

Trying to take one from the wall, and assuming she was successful, Miku would test the weight of the weapon in her hands and check to see if the blade was sharp at all. Fighting from a distance was one thing, but close-quarters combat was another matter entirely.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Verite @Drug Manufacturing
The blade felt sharp enough to use as a weapon if she felt so inclined.

At the same time the fighting against Duvall continued. While he had hold his own against three foes, he was starting to get overwhelmed by the numbers game. The heat vision hit him in the shoulder and caused a good chunk of the side to be blown off in the process. "Y-you dare harm my perfect form?!"

Durable he might have been and the damage was slowly regenerating he was right now clearly at a disadvantage as he was pummeled from all sides. In frustration he'd start to swing violently around with his claw in an attempt to get the group off him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing

At the same time the fighting against Duvall continued. While he had hold his own against three foes, he was starting to get overwhelmed by the numbers game. The heat vision hit him in the shoulder and caused a good chunk of the side to be blown off in the process. "Y-you dare harm my perfect form?!"

Durable he might have been and the damage was slowly regenerating he was right now clearly at a disadvantage as he was pummeled from all sides. In frustration he'd start to swing violently around with his claw in an attempt to get the group off him.

"Hey look, the crazy guy is attacking us now." Jason said with an eyeroll. He watched as the group attacked Duvall and provide substantial damage to the man, to which Jason just smirked. "Aww... what's up?" Jason said before tugging out his pistol and aiming for Duvall's right knee. Jason took one good shot at it before running up close for a quick right hook to his lower jaw. Hopefully at least one of these attacks connected or else this would just be a waste of time. "Heh.... I'm gonna enjoy beatin' the shit outta you." Though he was speaking through heavy breaths, the same smug expression still laid on his face.

"Hey look, the crazy guy is attacking us now." Jason said with an eyeroll. He watched as the group attacked Duvall and provide substantial damage to the man, to which Jason just smirked. "Aww... what's up?" Jason said before tugging out his pistol and aiming for Duvall's right knee. Jason took one good shot at it before running up close for a quick right hook to his lower jaw. Hopefully at least one of these attacks connected or else this would just be a waste of time. "Heh.... I'm gonna enjoy beatin' the shit outta you." Though he was speaking through heavy breaths, the same smug expression still laid on his face.
Tightly grasping the sword in both hands, Miku watched as Duvall got part of his body blown off and Jason going in for an attack. He was a monster; it was okay to enact violence against him, she assured herself. She needed to help, lest someone get hurt.

Sprinting forward, Miku tried to place a running-momentum downwards strike upon Duvall with her newfound sword, hoping she wouldn't accidentally strike down upon her allies by mistake amidst the chaos.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing

Tightly grasping the sword in both hands, Miku watched as Duvall got part of his body blown off and Jason going in for an attack. He was a monster; it was okay to enact violence against him, she assured herself. She needed to help, lest someone get hurt.

Sprinting forward, Miku tried to place a running-momentum downwards strike upon Duvall with her newfound sword, hoping she wouldn't accidentally strike down upon her allies by mistake amidst the chaos.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing
Now's the time...

Silently waiting for the perfect moment to finally spring into action, Blake mumbled out the words to activate his weapon.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8phUFJ1shpc29.png

"PWM activate, battle protocol 04."

Upon his command, a set of projected wings appeared behind him. It didn't make much sense to use this part of his weapon when they were indoors, where flight wouldn't be so much of an option here. However, he remembered a bit of what the wings can do as he activated this battle protocol at full charge.

"Disperse code."

The wings then separated into the form of multiple pixelated pieces around him, soon being sent at Duvall like a set of shard-like projectiles to come and hinder him enough for others to overwhelm him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaide` @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing​

James Proudstar - Warpath

As the area around Duval became crowded with his compatriots, the big X-man went low, hoping to limit Duval's mobility while his compatriots finished the ugly creature off. He stuck one of the Vibranium-Adamantium-Steel allow daggers into one of Duval's feet hoping to stick it all the way through and into the floor. He did use all of his considerable strength to accomplish this. He kept the other dagger to parry the weird arcing appendage.

"Watch out kids, that weird claw has a lot of electricity running through it".

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing

Well. Setsuna had been about to intervene with Duvall, but it looked like that wasn't necessary. As for his death, she didn't seem entirely startled, having seen much worse scenes before. Having been involved in much worse scenes. Fighting the other angels, doing whatever Kyoushirou's bidding was... But something else did end up requiring her attention.​

"Shirou!" A briefly startled expression crossed the blonde's face as Shirou was shoved against the wall by Clark, followed by a much more serious one as she stared at Clark. Her first instinct upon seeing her 'master' pushed was to attack, but something told her that he would not be pleased with her if she did so. So, that in mind... "Release him. Now."

Well, her only slightly broken monotone made it hard to tell if that was a request or a demand. Regardless.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Verite @Mami Tomoe @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gands @Kaide' @Bomb @MetalNova
"Cowards...yes that's what you are." The fact that Duvall had suddenly gotten back up after his supposed death had been lost on the bickering group. "Shooting down...a defenseless man...You ugly, ugly, UGLY creatures!" His entire body started convulsing and changing right in front of the group.

A blinding flash later and the transformation was done.

latest

"Pathetic little rats with a useless gun."

Despite the transformation Duvall's mind seemed to still be intact unlike the other monsters they had fought during their assault on Umbrella.

"I will enjoy punishing you ugly creatures...until you are just bloody smears on my canvas."

Ries06.png

"O-Oi, you two, cut that out!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, looking pointedly at Clark and Setsuna, hopefully before Shirou could begin to do something drastic to defend himself. She reached out her arm, though even she didn't realize whether she'd put her hand upon Setsuna or Clark before something stopped her in her tracks.

The voice of the sinister man. A walking dead man.

"--You! B-But you're...!"

Gasping softly at the gruesome monster that the man had become through a lightning-fast transformation, the knight stepped back. Truly, it seemed that it was their mistake for underestimating him, but to exist like this... Perhaps a death for him would be a mercy. It seemed that he was far from possessing any intention to continue talking, let alone negotiating, with them, and was headed straight for the kill.

In that case, Riesbyfe thought, adjusting her iron gauntlet, she glared at Duvall readily, before dashing forward with the intent of being the first to attack.

SP2-Ries.png

"If you have no intent to surrender, then you will be vanquished swiftly, demon! HAAAAAAAHHHH!"

As she dashed forward, her gauntlet glowed an orange aura as the knight's magecraft enhanced the physical properties behind it, and once she was within the appropriate distance, she threw a powerful punch right towards the mutated Duvall's chest, her attack possessing enough power behind it to easily shatter a wall!

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Hospes @Josh M @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @MetalNova @Kaide`
And... There was the trick up Umbrella's sleeve. Her eyes widened as she realized just what Duvall had turned into. This wasn't looking good.
Ej9cSBo.png

Seeing Riesbyfe charge into battle against the creature, Miku kicked into action and began to scan the immediate area for anything she might be able to utilize as a weapon if need be. This was the problem with being unarmed, it seemed.​

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Hospes @Josh M @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @MetalNova @Gummi Bunnies @Drug Manufacturing
James Proudstar. Warpath

"You have got to be kidding me."

The big Apache was far quicker than he had shown so far, and far stronger. He moved to one side of the Holy Knight to fight along side her. It the Duvall thing attacked her, he would go all out attack with both knives. If he were attacked, then parry with both knives.

"Hey Kent, how about a little heat vision?"

@drug manufacturing

Shirou didn't even flinch as Clark put him against a wall. Though he wasn't sure if it was gonna get physical or not, he wasn't so dumb as to think there weren't a bunch of qualms with what he'd just done. At least three had voiced complaints, and clearly Clark was even more so offended by his wanton choice to open fire. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a cigarette as Clark berated him, holding it between his teeth and then lighting it up.

"Proud? Nah. I ain't a priest or anything, but it's not like I wake up every morning planning to kill people randomly, you know. But there's a difference between a defenseless man and an enemy. You're strong. Can feel it in your grip. But you're a lot like a friend of mine."

He held up a hand as Setsuna seemed to be slowly getting more aggressive. He had to admit he liked seeing her get a bit riled up for once, but now probably wasn't the time.

"You're too kind, Clark."

As he finished speaking, the fallen Duvall had risen once more. Almost as though he'd been resurrected, only this time his body was undoubtedly otherworldly. Like Shirou had first suspected, a round of bullets had proven meaningless against him. A smirk appeared on his face before he spat his cigarette to the floor, stomping it out.

"Still so sure I'm stronger?"

His voice was still calm as he raised his gun once more, firing away at the new Duvall's stomach area. Whether the gun was useless or not, it didn't hurt to test it out.

"Setsuna, don't worry about me for now. Take that ugly bastard down."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Verite @Drug Manufacturing​
m1HkdLi.png

"I don't fight with others!" Jabbers proclaimed before dashing over past the electricity aimed for the others and attempted to tackle him with a Quick Attack.

QFOtpLu.png

Meanwhile, Doremi didn't want to see anyone else get hurt, and so she attempted to put Duvall to sleep with a focused Sing attack. And again, one can hear sorrow from her voice.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing​

rvfGQiB.png

Shooting the others a glance, Miku sprinted over to the ornate swords, stopping and examining them for a second. Would these even be useful? She supposed there was only one way to find out.

Trying to take one from the wall, and assuming she was successful, Miku would test the weight of the weapon in her hands and check to see if the blade was sharp at all. Fighting from a distance was one thing, but close-quarters combat was another matter entirely.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Verite @Drug Manufacturing

For a long moment, after Duvall's rise back to the living, Setsuna hesitated. Evidently, she was torn between helping Shirou and attacking the obviously ill-intending man. But seeing how calmly Shirou handled his situation, and the way he gestured for her to stand down, she figured it'd be okay to set to work on the other man... This idea confirmed when Shirou told her not to worry about him and that she should focus instead on taking Duvall down. Solemnly nodding, with features further steeling, Setsuna proceeded without hesitation. "As you wish, Shirou."

And with that, she turned, fists clenching as she reigned her focus and strength in for an assault, leaping at Duvall and joining the others in assaulting him, launching a punch that would be boneshattering... To a normal human, anyways. But this guy was clearly anything but 'normal'.

rsz_shattered9_large_by_teh_zombish-dat7fnd.jpg

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Josh M @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mami Tomoe @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @MetalNova @Kaide'​
Twisted Fate half-expected Duvall to get back up, but was surprised nonetheless. When Duvall called him an "ugly creature", he was insulted. He saw himself as good-looking, and his expensive suit complemented that.

"You callin' us ugly creatures? Take a look at yourself..."

He quickly threw a gold card from his sleeve, intending to stun the monster with his magical power. T.F hoped that Duvall's body was engineered to resist physical damage. If that was the case, his cards should paper cut through his defenses.

oXuhwAl.jpg

"Think you're indestructible? Think again."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing​
"Too kind?"

Clark's eyes flared when Shirou muttered "you're too kind". He didn't know he was talking about. Clark had seen others of his race. He fought "Phantom zoners", Clark had done battle with Zod. Kindness was something they lacked. Shirou should, in Clark's eyes be thankful for his kindness. To be kind is to be human.

However, Clark dropped the man when the unthinkable happened.

"Can't say you're not."

Clark slowly walked from Shirou as he past warpath on the way. Clark just gazed at the Duvall for a bit of time before turning to warpath before facings back at Duvall. Aiming for the man's chest, Clark quipped .

"Normally I don't take requests, but since you asked nicely...."

latest

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @ @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi
James Proudstar. Warpath

"Thanks kid, I will remember that for next time."

The X-man pulled his daggers out and dodged back out of the way to avoid the electrical attack, ready to pull Reis out of harm's way if necessary. He hoped some of the ranged attacks had better luck.

@Josh M @thatguyinthestore @AtomicItalian @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Bomb @Jeremi @drug lab

Now's the time...

Silently waiting for the perfect moment to finally spring into action, Blake mumbled out the words to activate his weapon.

Upon his command, a set of projected wings appeared behind him. It didn't make much sense to use this part of his weapon when they were indoors, where flight wouldn't be so much of an option here. However, he remembered a bit of what the wings can do as he activated this battle protocol at full charge.

"Disperse code."

The wings then separated into the form of multiple pixelated pieces around him, soon being sent at Duvall like a set of shard-like projectiles to come and hinder him enough for others to overwhelm him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaide` @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing​

As the area around Duval became crowded with his compatriots, the big X-man went low, hoping to limit Duval's mobility while his compatriots finished the ugly creature off. He stuck one of the Vibranium-Adamantium-Steel allow daggers into one of Duval's feet hoping to stick it all the way through and into the floor. He did use all of his considerable strength to accomplish this. He kept the other dagger to parry the weird arcing appendage.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing
Schala Zeal
@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi
@Drug Manufacturing

Schala's attempts to calm Clark were cut short by Duvall's abrupt... Revival, or more accurately; transformation. He was a monster... Just like the others they had fought from Umbrella, except, unlike the others, he had kept his mind.

Perhaps whatever had caused his transformation was the very thing that had given him those powers?

At any rate, seeing Duvall hold his own against the rest of the group's attacks, even being a bit overwhelmed, she noticed that it was largely due to his regenerative powers... And thus, with a small sigh, she decided she would intervene, realizing that Duvall was past the point of being reasoned with.

Carefully, she tried to concentrate, this time focusing her elemental attack a bit more... Carefully isolating it rather than spreading it throughout an area... And thus, she attempted to freeze up Duvall's body by coating it with ice.

It had been so long since she had to focus her power like this, as most of the tasks she had to undertake under her mother's orders often required all she could muster to keep everything under control... And sometimes, even that wasn't enough.

Here, it was the opposite problem; she was trying not to go overboard with what she was doing, in fear that she would accidentally catch her teammates amidst one of her attacks...​

James Proudstar. Warpath

"Thanks kid, I will remember that for next time."

The X-man pulled his daggers out and dodged back out of the way to avoid the electrical attack, ready to pull Reis out of harm's way if necessary. He hoped some of the ranged attacks had better luck.
"Gah!"

Riesbyfe let out a gasp, taken off guard when Duvall almost seemed to easily shrug off her iron punch. With the space and time she had, or lack thereof, she was hardly able to raise her shield to defend herself from Duvall's impending counterattack, but thankfully, her comrades were ahead of her, with 18 defending her and Warpath managing to pull her to safety.

"Thank you, ally!" She nodded towards the X-Man gratefully, before taking a brief moment to examine the monster Duvall had become while the others held him off. If a frontal assault would do little more than lightly perturb him, then a different approach was needed of course.

With that in mind, utilizing quick thinking, Riesbyfe dashed to behind the monster, hoping that the others would be an apt distraction while she then proceeded to ready her shield and dash forward, thrusting her shield forward and hoping to impale Duvall's body with the blade located at the tip of the shield!

SP1-_Ries.png

"HaaAAAAHHHHH!"

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @york @DrugManufacturing

Last edited:

Now's the time...

"Disperse code."

Schala Zeal
@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi
@Drug Manufacturing

Schala's attempts to calm Clark were cut short by Duvall's abrupt... Revival, or more accurately; transformation. He was a monster... Just like the others they had fought from Umbrella, except, unlike the others, he had kept his mind.

Perhaps whatever had caused his transformation was the very thing that had given him those powers?

At any rate, seeing Duvall hold his own against the rest of the group's attacks, even being a bit overwhelmed, she noticed that it was largely due to his regenerative powers... And thus, with a small sigh, she decided she would intervene, realizing that Duvall was past the point of being reasoned with.

Carefully, she tried to concentrate, this time focusing her elemental attack a bit more... Carefully isolating it rather than spreading it throughout an area... And thus, she attempted to freeze up Duvall's body by coating it with ice.

It had been so long since she had to focus her power like this, as most of the tasks she had to undertake under her mother's orders often required all she could muster to keep everything under control... And sometimes, even that wasn't enough.

Here, it was the opposite problem; she was trying not to go overboard with what she was doing, in fear that she would accidentally catch her teammates amidst one of her attacks...​
"Gah!"

Riesbyfe let out a gasp, taken off guard when Duvall almost seemed to easily shrug off her iron punch. With the space and time she had, or lack thereof, she was hardly able to raise her shield to defend herself from Duvall's impending counterattack, but thankfully, her comrades were ahead of her, with 18 defending her and Warpath managing to pull her to safety.

"Thank you, ally!" She nodded towards the X-Man gratefully, before taking a brief moment to examine the monster Duvall had become while the others held him off. If a frontal assault would do little more than lightly perturb him, then a different approach was needed of course.

With that in mind, utilizing quick thinking, Riesbyfe dashed to behind the monster, hoping that the others would be an apt distraction while she then proceeded to ready her shield and dash forward, thrusting her shield forward and hoping to impale Duvall's body with the blade located at the tip of the shield!

SP1-Ries.png

"HaaAAAAHHHHH!"

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @york @DrugManufacturing

The damage Duvall had sustained was taking its toll. His regeneration powers working in overdrive to heal the damage. Suddenly his entire body started to grow larger with tumor like growths appearing all over. "I...was...PERFECT!!!!" His entire body was consumed yet the tumors didn't seem to be stopping to grow.

"I think it's time we run." 18 suggested as she started to make her way towards the exit of the office, hopefully the others following after leaving the withering mass to shout in agony.

Soon enough they had made their way back to the factory area when something burst through the wall.

latest

What had once been Duvall was no just a formless mass seeking to destroy the group for what they had done to him and his precious Umbrella.​

I looked at the equipment typically used to hook animals like dogs with eyelids halfclosed. Doggone. I thought there would be like a claw to grab them like one of those arcades used to get prizes or something more safe. Instead we have to go in, hook one, and not get bit or scratched. At those words, I pouted.

That sounds like we have to deal with zombies. Yay, my prediction came true. Let's hope they're the shambling kind and not the Jamaican-Olympian kind.

"Time to light things up, I guess," I snapped my fingers and a tiny fire sprung to life ontop of my index finger, dancing to a invisible wind and I took one of the holders. However, before we began, I glared at Milton."And if those cages mysteriously unlock and we get flooded by the 'Biters', I'm going to pin the blame on you, ok?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies
Bju3mr7.jpg

"I got you~ Ready to hit the road, Road~?" Cagliostro glees as she prepares to enter the room where the Biters lie. She was absolutely prepared to deal with them. As she opens the door, her expression and tone shifts for a while.

9sPoTz7.jpg

"Don't blame us for any damages caused, and I assure you, there'll be a lot, a lot of damages caused."

And so, Cagliostro enters the room, creating a flame in her hand to light the way.

"Lights in the back room... blown out... I might be able to fix those," Cagliostro says in a somewhat serious tone. "Anyone tall enough to reach the light?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies
As we entered the cages section, I heard the tiny anime girl saying she might be able to fix the blown out lights. Oh good, we have a self-proclaimed electrician. Let's hope she doesn't get electrified. If she does, that wouldn't be much of a shocker anyways. She also asked if anyone was tall enough to reach the light and I frowned. Why not use a chair or something else? Like her pet. Just stand on its head and problem solved! Still, I didn't feel like telling the narcissist that last bit. It was a plushie that could turn into a living being after all.

"If no one's tall enough or we can't find anything to reach the lights, I can attempt to raise the earth, but I say we look around first. We don't need another Licker surprise."

With that said, I looked around the darken room for any hidden threats.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Crow @VirusStudies
Ada drew her crossbow and entered the room. She stood in the back of the group, prepared to provide cover fire if something went wrong.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan@Archwar @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen
9JbMEm9.jpg

Well, Road had decided that she wanted to see if her Akuma virus would have any sort of effect on these creatures, so Milk asking them to go lasso one of them for him was... convenient, at the least. Unorthodox, but, convenient. The Noah turned her head towards the equally enthusiastic Cagliostro and gave a nod with a small, playful grin. She appreciated the play on words the alchemist had provided.

"Lets - and hopefully no one important get splattered."

Road spares a hesitant glance at the group that was not Alucard, Hakuei or Cagliostro - who Road was slowly warming up to. As they entered the room, a stripped candle materialized into Road's hand. The candle was ripe with the Akuma virus and God help these creatures if the viruses did not get along.

Actually... maybe 'God' wasn't the right one to ask, in her case.

Road did not even feel it necessary to respond to Cagliostro's request. That seemed more Alucard's schtick.

@Sen @Hana @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitten
"Don't blame anything on me," Milton replied to the man with a wave of his hands. "The biters have minds of their owns. My job isn't to control their minds, but to study them. Anyhow, be careful in there." The man bit his lower lip, suddenly worried about the situation inside the room. If the cages were unlocked for some reason, it probably was because he had been too scared and eager to get out of the room last time he went down there--causing him to forget.

He flinched seeing Cagliostro create a flame in her hands, nodding afterwards. "Oh, that's... handy. I guess that will work better than a flashlight." He paused for a moment before suddenly adding, "If for some reason any of them got loose, please try not to kill them. People don't deserve to be killed just because they're sick."

When the group would enter the room, they would see nothing at first. They would walk down a long, dark hallway with a cage at the end of it.

2500687341_bfdfded099_z.jpg

When the group would move to look at the cage, however, they would see that it was empty and not because it had been unlocked. The bars were bent, giving the biters an opening to move through. The biters didn't seem to be in the room, but a light pounding and scratching could be heard coming from behind a closed door next to the cage.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

"Don't blame anything on me," Milton replied to the man with a wave of his hands. "The biters have minds of their owns. My job isn't to control their minds, but to study them. Anyhow, be careful in there." The man bit his lower lip, suddenly worried about the situation inside the room. If the cages were unlocked for some reason, it probably was because he had been too scared and eager to get out of the room last time he went down there--causing him to forget.

He flinched seeing Cagliostro create a flame in her hands, nodding afterwards. "Oh, that's... handy. I guess that will work better than a flashlight." He paused for a moment before suddenly adding, "If for some reason any of them got loose, please try not to kill them. People don't deserve to be killed just because they're sick."

When the group would enter the room, they would see nothing at first. They would walk down a long, dark hallway with a cage at the end of it.

When the group would move to look at the cage, however, they would see that it was empty and not because it had been unlocked. The bars were bent, giving the biters an opening to move through. The biters didn't seem to be in the room, but a light pounding and scratching could be heard coming from behind a closed door next to the cage.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

F8IQZXA.webp

"We'll try," Cagliostro grins at Milk before the group proceeds.

And so proceed they did.

"Huh. I was under the assumption that these 'biters' acted like cases of necromanced, unordered corpses, something that logically shouldn't know how to open doors," Cagliostro says as she notices the sounds coming from a closed door next to the cage. Her flame grew a little bigger to make all else more visible, and also conjured Ouroboros from a rift in preparation of an expected incoming attack that was ready to burst through the door.

RjVR5mt.webp

"Sounds like quite the ravenous horde," Cagliostro's grin did not leave her face as she turns to everyone else, "not a challenge for the great Cagliostro, but as I am polite, I must ask - is it a challenge for you?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @Archwar @VirusStudies

"Still going to pin the blame on you," I replied as the group moved through the door. I made no mention about what he said about them being sick. If they weren't a threat, there was nothing to worry about, but if they did and there was no way around, I'll aim to kill.

I looked down the long, dark corridor as the group moved towards the end. This was perfect for mowing them down if they escaped or locking us in and allowing the undead horde to try to overwhelm us. However, once we approached the end and saw that there wasn't nothing in the cage, my grip tightened on my weapons. The bars were bent wide enough to allow a human to slide through.

Did the virus give them abnormal strength or did something else did that?

My ears perked up when I heard pounding and scratching coming from the door. And of course, the anime girl who now identified herself as Cagliostro said it wouldn't be a challenge while wearing a grin.I frowned and tilted my head. Really? It wouldn't be a challenge for her?

"Maybe we can invite them for a bite then?" I joked."And maybe we should creak the door open a little if it doesn't have a window in case it isn't the biters?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

Last edited by a moderator:

Azura didn't like the look of the situation whatsoever and released Joshua's hand from her own, ready to defend herself and the others if need be. They only needed one, but if the biters rushed the group it would probably be hard not to kill any of them.

"Strange how the bars have been bent in such a way....we'll have to tread more carefully." she said quietly.

Hearing the pounding and scratching she glanced to the door warily. Someone would have to go check it, and someine else would have to snare the biter that could come out from it.

F8IQZXA.webp

"We'll try," Cagliostro grins at Milk before the group proceeds.

And so proceed they did.

"Huh. I was under the assumption that these 'biters' acted like cases of necromanced, unordered corpses, something that logically shouldn't know how to open doors," Cagliostro says as she notices the sounds coming from a closed door next to the cage. Her flame grew a little bigger to make all else more visible, and also conjured Ouroboros from a rift in preparation of an expected incoming attack that was ready to burst through the door.

RjVR5mt.webp

"Sounds like quite the ravenous horde," Cagliostro's grin did not leave her face as she turns to everyone else, "not a challenge for the great Cagliostro, but as I am polite, I must ask - is it a challenge for you?"

"Still going to pin the blame on you," I replied as the group moved through the door. I made no mention about what he said about them being sick. If they weren't a threat, there was nothing to worry about, but if they did and there was no way around, I'll aim to kill.

I looked down the long, dark corridor as the group moved towards the end. This was perfect for mowing them down if they escaped or locking us in and allowing the undead horde to try to overwhelm us. However, once we approached the end and saw that there wasn't nothing in the cage, my grip tightened on my weapons. The bars were bent wide enough to allow a human to slide through.

Did the virus give them abnormal strength or did something else did that?

My ears perked up when I heard pounding and scratching coming from the door. And of course, the anime girl who now identified herself as Cagliostro said it wouldn't be a challenge with a grin. I frowned and tilted my head.

"Maybe we can invite them for a bite then?" I joked."And it would be wise to check what is pounding the door before we do anything, so 'great Cagliostro', do you wish to check or allow someone else to do it?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

"I'll check if no one else will." Azura offered as she glanced to the rest of the group momentarily.

Without another word, she walked over to the door carefully and quietly, Naginata in hand as she glanced over her shoulder at the group to gauge their forms. If the biters were behind this door, then how did they get closed in? How many were there? There were many questions in the Nohrian's mind and her heart pumped with adrenaline. This all seemed suspicious that the biter just weren't in that cage and it bothered her deep down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

The damage Duvall had sustained was taking its toll. His regeneration powers working in overdrive to heal the damage. Suddenly his entire body started to grow larger with tumor like growths appearing all over. "I...was...PERFECT!!!!" His entire body was consumed yet the tumors didn't seem to be stopping to grow.

"I think it's time we run." 18 suggested as she started to make her way towards the exit of the office, hopefully the others following after leaving the withering mass to shout in agony.

Soon enough they had made their way back to the factory area when something burst through the wall.

latest

What had once been Duvall was no just a formless mass seeking to destroy the group for what they had done to him and his precious Umbrella.​

"Everybody move!"

Clark shouted those words as he seemingly stayed behind. As the blob got closer, Clark took a stand, and used his Super breath to try to freeze and push the blob back.
cw_fake_screencap.jpg

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

latest

"Everybody move!"

Clark shouted those words as he seemingly stayed behind. As the blob got closer, Clark took a stand, and used his Super breath to try to freeze and push the blob back.
cw_fake_screencap.jpg

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
tumblr_inline_ng0i7vDLMd1shpc29.png

"Oh that does not look friendly at all!"

Blake had no other way to put it once they were seeing this huge blob after them. So while Clark attempted to slow it's advance down, the Black Raven knew that he had to move out there quick and with Senna and Miku too!

"Guys, we need to distance ourselves... from whatever that is, and fast! So I need you guys to hold onto me or something!"

Blake turned his attention to Senna and Miku, his projected wings readying for some maximum speed soon enough.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova

latest

Twisted Fate had never seen anything as disgusting as this. He thought aloud,

"That...that used to be human?"

He found it hard to believe that this writhing mass of flesh used to be Duvall. He had seen monsters before, but this was a freak of nature to him. He noticed that Duvall was trying to make his way towards the group.

"Now you're just askin' for death."

He brought out three explosive red cards and hurled them towards Duvall with the intention of slowing him.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Jeremi @Drug Manufacturing​

Last edited:

latest

"Everybody move!"

cw_fake_screencap.jpg

Blake had no other way to put it once they were seeing this huge blob after them. So while Clark attempted to slow it's advance down, the Black Raven knew that he had to move out there quick and with Senna and Miku too!

"Guys, we need to distance ourselves... from whatever that is, and fast! So I need you guys to hold onto me or something!"

Blake turned his attention to Senna and Miku, his projected wings readying for some maximum speed soon enough.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova
Twisted Fate had never seen anything as disgusting as this. He thought aloud,

"That...that used to be human?"

He found it hard to believe that this writhing mass of flesh used to be Duvall. He had seen monsters before, but this was a freak of nature to him. He noticed that Duvall was trying to make his way towards the group.

"Now you're just askin' for death."

He brought out three explosive red cards and hurled them towards Duvall with the intention of dealing magic damage and slowing him.

Jason jolted back whenever he saw the man who was once called "Duvall" turn into some molten mass of destruction headed towards him. It didn't surprise him all too much, though, as he already had dealt with someone similar before.

[spoili]Clayface

latest
[/spoili]

As the group made their way away from whatever the hell this was... Jason began to shoot at it in hopes of slowing it down.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Josh M @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide` @MetalNova @Bomb @Drug Manufacturing​

Azura didn't like the look of the situation whatsoever and released Joshua's hand from her own, ready to defend herself and the others if need be. They only needed one, but if the biters rushed the group it would probably be hard not to kill any of them.

"Strange how the bars have been bent in such a way....we'll have to tread more carefully." she said quietly.

Hearing the pounding and scratching she glanced to the door warily. Someone would have to go check it, and someine else would have to snare the biter that could come out from it.

"I'll check if no one else will." Azura offered as she glanced to the rest of the group momentarily.

Without another word, she walked over to the door carefully and quietly, Naginata in hand as she glanced over her shoulder at the group to gauge their forms. If the biters were behind this door, then how did they get closed in? How many were there? There were many questions in the Nohrian's mind and her heart pumped with adrenaline. This all seemed suspicious that the biter just weren't in that cage and it bothered her deep down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Sen @VirusStudies

"And the traitor jumps at the opportunity," I muttered. I could only assume why she would. It must have weighed upon her heart that she killed two people even if she was under control of a external force."Hold up, Azura, I can warp, or teleport, in, take a glance, and be out before whatever is behind that door knows what's going on."

I could spare two warps thanks to that long break, though I still couldn't spam it. For some reason I tired out far more quicker than normal and my estimates gave me five warps in total before I liquefy. That would be a puddle of fun wouldn't it?

latest

Seeing now was their time to flee, Miku joined the others in exiting the offices, ornamental sword still in hand. It's when Duvall's formless self broke through the wall, however, that Miku knew they had to cover some serious ground, and fast. That thing was advancing.
obhTUm1.jpg

With some of the group attempting to hold the mass back, she looked to Blake. "Are you sure you can carry us both?!" She asked, the urgency evident in her voice.​

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Kaykay @Hospes @Gands @Jeremi @Mami Tomoe @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova

Status
Not open for further replies.