Status
Not open for further replies.
Epilogue - Part One
The Duet of the Princess and the Dhampir
Collaboration between @Sen and @Hana

tumblr_inline_nvrmpopEiG1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Hakuei trailed her fingers over the length of golden chain, the weight feeling a little heavy on her neck. She had fallen silent when the dhampir had moved closer, eyes skimming over the fine features of his face. There was little she could say, for when he had finally removed his hands from close to her, everything suddenly felt a little final.

She pursed her lips, before smiling quietly at him. "Thank you." He left her no room to refuse the gift, moving like that. Not that she had let him refuse her own, either.

The dhampir felt a little shame that he could not spend more time with her, as for now, the fate of his world weighed heavily in his heart. Unsure of what had happened since his disappearance, unsure of whether his father's influence was truly gone… Alucard needed to return back to his world as soon as possible to assess the damage and to see what he needed to do to tend to the future.

tumblr_inline_n3xl5wRIvi1rk0sf0.jpg

"Although it… pains me," Alucard began, finding it difficult to say his goodbyes even though he had done so many times, even to those who had helped him take down Castlevania, "it would be best for me to return to my universe now."

"Aa, I know." The princess stared at him for a long moment. Perhaps it was to memorize the features of his face more keenly. He was indeed a closed book to many people, but the woman knew him to be someone who did not lie. "I also need to see how my people and my family are faring." Neither of them knew how much time had passed in their own worlds, and despite the warmth they felt around each other, they couldn't just leave their duties and their due to their own worlds.

tumblr_inline_nvrmpwEcPY1s4qpfd_100.jpg

The mood had shifted many times in the moments they had reunited. Relief, even joy, and then slowly it mellowed out into something resembling wistfulness and loss. Hakuei sighed, but smiled. "I would love to see you again… But I won't demand it of you." Could they even traverse worlds again, like this?

tumblr_inline_n3xp1u85U31rk0sf0.jpg

He thought about her words. Before, he did not even know that traveling between different universes existed. Nor was Alucard even aware that there were other worlds out there, it all seemed so fantastical to him. Maybe if he dug around, he could find a way to move between them. Black magic was one of his strengths, his father trained him in it. They had a library of magical tomes - surely, something could be found there. He hated to embrace anything related to that monster, but for this cause… it would be worth it.

tumblr_inline_n3zj9ezA7T1rk0sf0.jpg

Alucard broke away from his thoughts and nodded at the woman, a glint of resolution and newfound curiosity in his eyes. "And I, too. Perhaps one day, if one wishes hard enough, we may be able to cross worlds."

Hakuei took his hand once more, lacing her fingers through his and gazed in the direction of the way home. Lucio and Clark had already left, two marked disappearances. "... Well, shall we?"

It was time to leave for her. She stared at the portal for a long while, wondering what waited for her when she got home. Paimon's fan held a tremulous feeling to it, and she knew that the djinn was looking forward to when she got back.

Paimon, you hold the power of a world-changing magician. Could you take me home, now?

tumblr_inline_nvrmu5k6x61s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Oh," she realized she was still holding on to Alucard's hand, eyes flickering to meet his as she let go. Feeling as if she should say something, she chuckled. "... We really are strangers to this. I have the strangest feeling I would miss holding your hand." Shaking her head, she stepped away from him. "If - when -" she stumbled over the word, suddenly sounding almost earnest. "We see each other again, shall we spar again?" Hakuei kept her tone light, looking away from him.

tumblr_inline_n3xo0gtDsF1rk0sf0.jpg

"As do I. It really is a strange sensation, warm and cold." He was a cold, cold man. Half a man, at that. Yet here he was enjoying the feeling of holding hands with someone. Even though he was wearing gloves, a long time ago Alucard would have never thought this would be a reality. As Hakuei looked away from him, the dhampir kept his eyes on her face. Of course, it must be her ethnicity that she seemed to stand out in his memory, among all the humans he had seen before in his life. Or maybe it had to do with the fact she was from another universe altogether. Though he had not known her that long, Hakuei was already starting to be someone he would find hard to forget. These emotions, strong in his mind and beginning to spread to his heart, did not yet appear on his face. "Yes, we shall. I would like to test your strength once more… unless it would be uncouth to fight a lady."

She gave a half-smile at that, continuing to walk towards the path home. "Ladies are warriors in their own ways. Perhaps, even your mother." Hakuei kept her gaze steady and forward. It would be harder to leave if she kept looking at him, though maybe he had more strength than her if he could continue to look.

tumblr_inline_nvrmxa4uJI1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Goodbye, Alucard."

tumblr_inline_n3xl91OcEx1rk0sf0.jpg

Alucard was glad that she had been the one who had departed first. He wondered if he was the one to do so, he would turn to look back at him. The dhampir closed his eyes and took a deep breath, calming his senses and his heart before he opened them...

And the princess was gone. Before she could process much what she was seeing, Hakuei stood in the middle of an open plain, blinking as the warmth of the sun kissed her face like a long-forgotten friend. It felt like a while since she had been under the sun. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around. "This is… near the Kouga tribe's lands?" She knew the landscape like she knew her own heart.

tumblr_inline_nvrmyf4yRN1s4qpfd_100.jpg

It was peaceful, but suddenly, it also felt lonesome. There was a long walk ahead for her to return to camp, if there even was camp.

But it wasn't even long when she had started walking when a familiar figure galloped towards her from the distance. Long blue hair flew in the winds, a girlish face with wide blue eyes gazing back at her. "Princess!"

"Seishun!" The princess started running to meet him, a smile breaking out on her face. He didn't look older, but the way he stared at her clued her in on something.

Her attendant practically leaped off his horse, frantically walking up to her. Seishun looked like he was holding himself back from hugging her. "You were gone for a month - where were you?! We almost sent word to the Emperor that you went missing, but since I could still use my household vessel, I knew you were still alive - somewhere -"

tumblr_inline_nvrmz4xsoZ1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Hakuei smiled softly, reaching out to hold his shoulder. The young man looked so sad and concerned… "... It's a long story, but I'm back. Let's just say… I learned that there were other remarkable forces, even compared to djinn and magis. Let's go home, Seishun."

The two soon got on the horse, racing through the wide fields. Hakuei welcomed back the feeling of the wind on her face, but at the same time, wondered at the feeling of loss that wouldn't leave her chest.

As the dhampir bade his farewells to his allies, the man stepped forward into a void of nothingness. For a split second, nothing but white surrounded the dhampir before he found himself in the woods he had been running through in what seemed like ages ago. Behind him on the horizon was the hill where Castlevania had been standing on, not even the ruins had been left behind. Maria and Richter were nowhere to be seen, which did not surprise Alucard - it would have been better if they did not cross paths again.

He looked up at the waning moon, round and full - not the same as the night he had disappeared from this world? How long had it been since then?

Alucard drew his cloak around him, moving as quick as a wolf towards the end of the woods, a village set in his sights. Now that he had returned home, his heart would begin to close over in stone… though he had a feeling that a small part of it would always be beating for a certain somebody.

sWbuDeP.jpg

End of Part One.

"Is it really a goodbye?" Navel asked Blake. He smiled as he saw the pair of Blake and Senna reunited, but his face darkened at his own words.

"I have a feeling that whatever we were a part of hasn't exactly ended. We didn't exactly beat Diablo. We were a part of it... together. Maybe we will see each other again somewhere across the multiverse."

Multiverse.

Little Guy finally had a chance to let that word sink in. There were an infinite number of universes out there. He repeated the word to himself mentally in order to allow the scope of existence to weigh on his mind.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_n3kt6wUGtd1sy4uqk.png

"That's no problem to me! Feel free to kiss and hug me all you want! I'm not sure how long we were asleep, but we got lots of time to catch up on. Ehehe!"

Remembering bits and pieces of how Senna wanted to see his real smile, a genuine smile, Blake didn't dare hold back his wave of relief and happiness in front of her. When was the last time he felt like this? Where he didn't just do it to hide the anxiety of losing people that he cared for? It's been so long to him that he's felt this way, and he didn't want it to wash away just like the entirety of his home. He didn't want to know how it all happened, because even if he knew, there wasn't much that could be done for a place that was left no trace of what it was once before.

He stopped thinking about all of that though, for a moment, he didn't want to remind himself about it all and ruin his optimistic mood. He didn't want to steal away that smile of his from Senna's joyful eyes. So he kept smiling for her. It made her happy, so he was happy in return, and vice versa. They worked alongside others to achieve this chance to be happy, so this was the end of that terrible tale and the opening to a happier one...

"Well of course I'm the real deal. Like, I'll be 100% off just for you~"

As if he were signing a signature to prove to her at the very least, Blake couldn't help himself but let out a little flirt. Oh the implications on what this line could mean. Listening to what she had to say, Blake knew that they were able to head on home, given that they were finally free of the torment caused by Diablo. However, just the thought of home, his home, haunted him in his head. It scratched its way through the deepest of depths within his consciousness, and soon static danced and echoed in his ears. Was that mysterious voice in his head trying to tell him something that he couldn't understand? There was no way he would figure out what was the static meant for as of now, but he knew one thing: he wasn't going to hide the lingering pain in his heart. He wasn't going to carry burden of that pain alone. He didn't want to have others worry for him because he kept it away from them, and then resulting with hurt...

tumblr_inline_ng0i8lb0nX1shpc29.png

"... next? Well... we could go sightseeing. I wouldn't mind being away from home for a while... and I won't be able to return home right away, so it works out. We can go on that date date you wanted, get you a new ribbon, and enjoy ourselves... if only..."

If only my timeline was still intact... you would've been able to meet my sisters... you would've been happy alongside them...

A tinge of loss and regret was mixed in with empty hope. Before he would say more, the assassin stopped himself mid-sentence. Surely she would get the idea that something was amiss, and even then, Blake rather wanted to save himself the trouble of speaking of the terrible truth vocally... It was already numbing enough to his heart to hear it in his comatose state.

"Never mind that thought... maybe we can say some goodbyes to the others? Like Alice, Naomi, Little Guy, Doremi, and Jabbers?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
0EzAtT9.png

"Is that so?" Senna asked Blake, giggling when he would suggest she could kiss or hug him as much as she wanted. It was quite the adorable offer, one Senna most certainly couldn't help but take him up on.

"Hm, in that case..."

Chu~

Senna leaned forward on her toes and promptly gave the male a cute, quick kiss on his nose. She leaned back on her heels afterwards, and grinned. The girl tilted her head to the side playfully. "You said I could kiss you all I want. So consider that my first time taking you up on your offer."

The genuine look of happiness on Blake's face made Senna wiggle with joy. After all this time, and dealing with so much hardship during their journey together so far, it was a breath of fresh air to see him in a situation where he was no longer miserable. Seeing him with a smile on his face had been more than worth the wait, and she found herself drawn to him more because of it . Plus, it made Senna rather giddy knowing part of the reason for his smile was... because she was with him.

Rocking playfully on her feet, Senna added, "By the way, your real smile is something special. I hope it never goes away again." If only Senna would have known Blake's timeline was gone. If she had, the girl likely would've been even more impressed that he was able to smile. Regardless, Senna knew Blake was a strong person. She was lucky to have met him.

"If only what?" Senna questioned, innocently curious as to what Blake might have meant. "That sounds fun though! If you'd rather go sight seeing I'm okay with that." The girl shrugged, glancing off into the distance for a moment.

rkwfJlL.png

"I've never really gone... anywhere. I died when I was a young teenager. I don't even remember most of my life, but from what I do remember it wasn't really a great one. I was lucky to be resurrected, and I got to have a little fun, but even after being resurrected my life wasn't very long. I gave it up to protect my friend and his world. Then, when I thought it was over, I woke up in that box with you and the others. I wasn't really sure why I was given a third chance at life, but..."

Senna glanced back at Blake.

"...Now I know it's because I was meant to be with you."

The girl couldn't help but continue smiling, another thought coming to her mind. "At some point though, I do hope we can go see your home. I don't have a home or family anymore, so seeing yours would be very nice."

Although she could talk all day about such things, she halted with a sheepish smile when Blake suggested they say farewell to their friends. "Oh, right, we should probably say goodbye to everyone, huh?"

Senna turned to Navel, who had asked Blake if this was really goodbye, and shook her head. "Of course not! This is more of a see you later! We'll all met each other for a reason, so I'm sure we'll meet again someday."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti

"Is it really a goodbye?" Navel asked Blake. He smiled as he saw the pair of Blake and Senna reunited, but his face darkened at his own words.

"I have a feeling that whatever we were a part of hasn't exactly ended. We didn't exactly beat Diablo. We were a part of it... together. Maybe we will see each other again somewhere across the multiverse."

Multiverse.

Little Guy finally had a chance to let that word sink in. There were an infinite number of universes out there. He repeated the word to himself mentally in order to allow the scope of existence to weigh on his mind.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
0EzAtT9.png

"Is that so?" Senna asked Blake, giggling when he would suggest she could kiss or hug him as much as she wanted. It was quite the adorable offer, one Senna most certainly couldn't help but take him up on.

"Hm, in that case..."

Chu~

Senna leaned forward on her toes and promptly gave the male a cute, quick kiss on his nose. She leaned back on her heels afterwards, and grinned. The girl tilted her head to the side playfully. "You said I could kiss you all I want. So consider that my first time taking you up on your offer."

The genuine look of happiness on Blake's face made Senna wiggle with joy. After all this time, and dealing with so much hardship during their journey together so far, it was a breath of fresh air to see him in a situation where he was no longer miserable. Seeing him with a smile on his face had been more than worth the wait, and she found herself drawn to him more because of it . Plus, it made Senna rather giddy knowing part of the reason for his smile was... because she was with him.

Rocking playfully on her feet, Senna added, "By the way, your real smile is something special. I hope it never goes away again." If only Senna would have known Blake's timeline was gone. If she had, the girl likely would've been even more impressed that he was able to smile. Regardless, Senna knew Blake was a strong person. She was lucky to have met him.

"If only what?" Senna questioned, innocently curious as to what Blake might have meant. "That sounds fun though! If you'd rather go sight seeing I'm okay with that." The girl shrugged, glancing off into the distance for a moment.

rkwfJlL.png

"I've never really gone... anywhere. I died when I was a young teenager. I don't even remember most of my life, but from what I do remember it wasn't really a great one. I was lucky to be resurrected, and I got to have a little fun, but even after being resurrected my life wasn't very long. I gave it up to protect my friend and his world. Then, when I thought it was over, I woke up in that box with you and the others. I wasn't really sure why I was given a third chance at life, but..."

Senna glanced back at Blake.

"...Now I know it's because I was meant to be with you."

The girl couldn't help but continue smiling, another thought coming to her mind. "At some point though, I do hope we can go see your home. I don't have a home or family anymore, so seeing yours would be very nice."

Although she could talk all day about such things, she halted with a sheepish smile when Blake suggested they say farewell to their friends. "Oh, right, we should probably say goodbye to everyone, huh?"

Senna turned to Navel, who had asked Blake if this was really goodbye, and shook her head. "Of course not! This is more of a see you later! We'll all met each other for a reason, so I'm sure we'll meet again someday."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti
tumblr_inline_n3ktd5KNE41sy4uqk.png

Blake couldn't help but blush when it came to Senna sneaking in another kiss. He was never in a situation where some girl would actually be falling over heels for him, but considering on what they just went through beforehand, it was a given that they stabilized a connection even after all of that. Along with getting used to this after the past flirting, Blake was excited inside to see that he would be around to keep Senna company, and that they'll be happy.

Just as he wanted to see that become reality, to have them travel throughout the countless worlds out there in the multiverse, it pained Blake to remember that he couldn't technically bring Senna to his timeline. It was gone. All according to that voice in his head. If it were the same person responsible for his involvement in this event, then there was no questioning around it. There was no going back to see his sisters, his friends, his old life. It was all gone.

All he had left was Senna.

As much as he didn't want it to be the case, both he and Senna were oddly similar in their current upbringings now... that they had no other place to go. Even so, he decided to keep it a secret to himself. He didn't want to lose her smile now.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8qXckv1shpc29.png

"Right! This isn't really goodbye. I totally forgot about it, but I have this nifty function installed on my PWM cube. Allows me to jump around to places in the... multiverse? Yeah, that's right. It wouldn't be a problem to find our way to meet up with you much later after this, Navel. Besides, me and Senna are planning to go sightseeing and all of that. Just time to kick back and relax!"

Blake would smile in response. Unlike others that had no big plans, he figured that they wouldn't do much after their involvement here, that they were going to go wherever comes up in their sights. A simple way of spending time with each other... and it sounded perfect... right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti

Reactions: Mason Moretti
rsz_sad_by_teh_zombish-db2i1th.jpg

At first, the Absolute Angel could only assume Shirou would be upset with her outburst, see it as a sign of disobedience that needed ignored, if not outright punished. Of course, she had no reason to assume this, with how kindly he had been to her. But her mindset created by Kyoshiro had been set firm, and you know what they say about old habits.

In any case, luckily for her, two fortunate events came to be. First off, Clark seemed to slowly loosen up on the matter, seeming to be more disappointed than anything else. Which meant that, hopefully, he would cease to persist on punishing Shirou. That alone was a relief, not that she would let her guard down either way. But in addition, Shirou laughed when she expressed her desire to help despite his wishes.

That was new.

rsz_kyoshiro_to_towa_no_sora_by_teh_zombish-dat71zy.gif

Regardless, before she could answer his question confirming that she wanted to do so despite his own wishes, the angel was surprised by the male reaching to tenderly wipe her tears away, telling her crying wasn't going to help her get anything done. "...Shirou?" she murmured, staring at him with a mix of confusion and mild awe. Was that truly all he was worried about...? Her tears, not the fact that she'd just blatantly disobeyed-- or, at the very least, expressed a strong desire to? "I... I don't understand," she added, slowly shaking her head as she leaned on him. "You aren't upset? I haven't disappointed you..?" Admittedly, that was a foreign concept.

Nonetheless, per his request, she did her best to cease her tears, not wanting to displease him. Especially with how kindly he treated her, as though... Almost as though she were human. Or, well, she thought. She wasn't exactly entirely sure what it was like to be treated as a human for sure, but from how she had seen humans treat each other, this was the closest she'd come. And it felt--.. What was the word, again?

Nice? Odd? Good? Something like that.

Whatever the peculiar feeling she felt was, she did her best to disregard it, if only for the moment. There were priorities she had, and even if she didn't, Shirou's statement that she could help when she stopped looking so unsteady made her steel up with a solemn, shaky nod. Luckily or unluckily, depending on how you looked at it, she didn't need food or water or any of the things human did. As she had explained long- very long, evidently, longer than she knew -ago, she required something a bit less... Common, to get energy and recover from wounds. That something being a kiss on the lips. So Shirou's initial questions earned only a small shake of her head, the blonde about to explain once again, up until Shirou seemed to recall for himself.

"...Correct."

@Kaykay
"Ah, c'mon, don't make such a big deal out of it," Shirou chuckled as she seemed to not understand his reaction. Or at least, hadn't expected it. Well, it wasn't like he hadn't expected it. "It's a pain in the ass if you're always tryin' to 'not disappoint' me or something. But...nah, I ain't upset."

When she answered affirmatively, he closed his eyes and nodded. "Gotcha, gotcha."

Before she could say anything else, he put his hand behind her head before leaning in and planting a kiss on her lips.

Eventually pulling back, he rested a hand on her head as though petting her. Clark had left, and it didn't seem like anyone was planning to indict him for the crime he'd committed. Perhaps it was because, from their point of view, it was an event that had happened long ago. But for him and Clark, it had happened hardly a few hours ago. It was kind of surprising how little anyone else cared. Though then again, Lana was only really important to Clark himself.

In any case, if nobody was going to condemn him further, then he could just relax like this. And she could too. There was one important thing to discuss though.

"So whatcha gonna do now? Looks like there's a buncha worlds out there. Which one you gonna go to? Most of y'all are just going back home, but there's a lotta opportunities out there. All kinds of universes to go and say hi to. So? Where are you gonna go?"

@Midnight Maiden

"Ah, c'mon, don't make such a big deal out of it," Shirou chuckled as she seemed to not understand his reaction. Or at least, hadn't expected it. Well, it wasn't like he hadn't expected it. "It's a pain in the ass if you're always tryin' to 'not disappoint' me or something. But...nah, I ain't upset."

When she answered affirmatively, he closed his eyes and nodded. "Gotcha, gotcha."

Before she could say anything else, he put his hand behind her head before leaning in and planting a kiss on her lips.

Eventually pulling back, he rested a hand on her head as though petting her. Clark had left, and it didn't seem like anyone was planning to indict him for the crime he'd committed. Perhaps it was because, from their point of view, it was an event that had happened long ago. But for him and Clark, it had happened hardly a few hours ago. It was kind of surprising how little anyone else cared. Though then again, Lana was only really important to Clark himself.

In any case, if nobody was going to condemn him further, then he could just relax like this. And she could too. There was one important thing to discuss though.

"So whatcha gonna do now? Looks like there's a buncha worlds out there. Which one you gonna go to? Most of y'all are just going back home, but there's a lotta opportunities out there. All kinds of universes to go and say hi to. So? Where are you gonna go?"

@Midnight Maiden

Still hesitant and mildly confused, the previously sniffling Setsuna could only really relent, not holding any desire to argue or disobey now that Shirou didn't seem to be in danger. "...I apologise, Shirou. I do not wish to be a pain in the ass," she murmured with a completely serious tone. Which, it sounded kind of funny, from her. But it didn't seem to be dwelled on, what with Shirou abruptly easing his lips against hers in a kiss.

Much like earlier-- much, much earlier, admittedly, but earlier nonetheless --, an odd phenomenon occurred when they kissed. An odd, mystical glow enveloped them, the very air seeming to shimmer as all wounds left over on Setsuna began to heal, energy and steadiness seeming to return to her through the gesture. To Setsuna, it felt like it lasted only a moment, yet forever at the same time. It was rather odd, but as Shirou pulled away, letting his hand remain rested atop her head, she didn't comment on it. She just stared, offering a small smile. "..Thank you, Shirou."

rsz_setsunalargepct20_pct2004_by_teh_zombish-dat7ybz.jpg

"..."

The question provoked a sense of uncertainty from Setsuna, who momentarily just stared at Shirou with an unreadable emotion in her eyes. But, slowly, her gaze turned away, words finally falling from her lips. "...I am not certain," she admitted. "Kyoshiro... Did not want me any longer-" she began to say, only to abruptly pause as memories came flooding back to her. Further away than those of the events that had transpired in Shirou and company's presence, but they came back. Shiratori Kuu. That was right... Setsuna hadn't been the only one captured and abused after Kuu and Kyoshiro's loving exchange. Even Badraz and Murakumo...

Two years. It had been two years. Whether she liked it or not, it was undoubtedly fact that Kuu and Kyoshiro were dead, or worse. But still... She could not abandon them, regardless of how dreadfully they had treated her. But first, she needed to check something. Almost seeming to forget she had been saying anything at all, Setsuna slowly raised a hand in front of her, clenching and unclenching it before furrowing her eyebrows in concentration.

And somehow, she just felt it would work.

"...But it would be wrong of me to abandon him and Shiratori Kuu. I need to at least make sure they are alright," she finally continued, as though no pause had been taken at all as she looked up at him. She seemed almost hesitant, perhaps uncertain, now, a mildly concerned look on her face after uttering those words. "But I have no purpose further than that. I will no longer be necessary." She would not be wanted. Something that, deep down, scared her. Especially after being treated so kindly by Shirou and the others. As such, she fell into an unnerved silence, staring off at nothing in particular.

@Kaykay

Epilogue - The Duet pt.1 ~ crescendo

When they came to in their pods, they naturally had confusion, but Jabbers was the first to shoot out of the pod before Doremi.

AovQpch.png

"What the? Where am I?" Jabbers would look around, not recalling what had happened to Diablo. Did they win? Or was this the afterlife?

"MMnh..." one can hear Doremi grunting out of her pod, confused as Jabbers.

aWVuqJF.png

"What happened... Jabbers?" she asked, still hazy on the situation.

"I don't know..." The Riolu didn't know what happened to them. They had lost to Diablo, and that was his only recollection.

Then slowly, he got more angry until he couldn't hold it back anymore.

"DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jabbers punched the pod he was previously in rage. How could he let the blasted demon win? He wanted to save Doremi from danger, and even if Doremi is still safe here, he had failed. His only value was trashed into the trash bin.

"Why... am I so weak!?!?! Why can't I win anymore?!" Jabbers jabbed the machine again. The pod wouldn't be fazed, due to the immense time spent in it.

"Jabbers..." Doremi can even feel the rage and sorrow emanating from Jabbers. It was only then that the pieces connected, from how Jabbers solely focused on Doremi to his fighting instincts, that Doremi figured out: Jabbers wanted to guard Doremi. But for what reason, she cannot figure out on her own.

"Jabbers... why do you want to win? I know you wanted to defeat that thing... but why are you always picking fights?" Doremi asked.

"It doesn't matter now... my Trainer found me useless... guess he was right..." the Riolu let tears rain down, unbecoming of him.

Doremi tried to interrupt Jabbers, but couldn't find the right words to fit the situation. So she resorted to her talent. But even Jabbers noticed that.

tumblr_inline_o9r68pB2Iv1tgc9rn_75sq.png

"Please... Just leave me alone!" Jabbers ran away from Doremi and the others, not willing to be coddled.

"H-hey! Jabbers!" And Doremi had to give chase towards him.

Epilogue - The Duet pt.2 ~ pianissimo

When Doremi would leave the building to find where Jabbers went, she would find a different sight then she saw before, all those years ago.

"Where are we?" Doremi would say to herself, still not knowing they had basically been sleeping for a long time. It wasn't long till she had spotted the shadow of Jabbers, and Doremi quietly went over towards a corner of the building.

"Jabbers... are you ok?" she softly asked. But the Riolu didn't give her a verbal response. Only a question.

KjMjU4R.png

"What am I to you?" Jabbers thought that he was a jerk, with nothing to hold him back up.

"You're my friend, aren't I?" Doremi answered back, confident. "Besides, I don't know what you're worrying about, but I know you are strong. Don't just give up, like how you were back there..."

rALIr7n.png

Doremi then stepped back a bit, and hop and skipped for a bit. "As long as we're all safe, we should focus on the future, right? Looking back in the past isn't really a bad thing, but it is what gives us strength to push forward."

"But what can I do... I can't do anything right... I have nothing else to live for the future. I'm better off dead..." the stubborn Pokemon didn't see the purpose of the future, and was very defeated.

Doremi would then walk over to Jabbers, and put an arm around him. "Then focus on now. And if you don't have anything else, you can always change. Don't believe you are just you now. I believe... anyone can be anyone they want to be if they are willing to."

"R-really? You think me, of all people, can change?" Jabbers would ask. He hadn't thought of change, because the world he saw was the same: Just endless aggression from others.

"Why not? We change all the time. Just like how I was when I was little..." Doremi would recall... "One time, when I making a new song... I found out that my manager wanted to sell me..."

Sell Doremi!!?!?! Jabbers was shocked to hear this, especially when Doremi wanted it hidden away so no one had to worry about her.

"He was about to catch me... and I tried to defend myself... next thing I knew... the office was a wreck. The manager... he nearly made it." Doremi paused to breathe out for a bit before proceeding. "Even if he wanted to sell me, the fact that I almost killed someone, Pokemon or not, is a scar that cannot fade. That's why I decided to change- I want everything to resolve peacefully, and without violence. Surely you understand?"

Jabber hadn't understood Doremi until now. But it turns out that the world was cruel to her as he was, only that she had already changed before he knew it.

"You want to go back to our world now? To change our world?" Doremi would say, inviting him back.

"..." It took a while for Jabbers to respond, but he muttered: "Yes... please. I want to change now..."

And so, both somehow managed to get back to the Pokemon world. And within a few weeks, the headlines on the news were:

"Return of Classical Doremi; New Face Joins Her for a Surprising Duet!"

• Love
Still hesitant and mildly confused, the previously sniffling Setsuna could only really relent, not holding any desire to argue or disobey now that Shirou didn't seem to be in danger. "...I apologise, Shirou. I do not wish to be a pain in the ass," she murmured with a completely serious tone. Which, it sounded kind of funny, from her. But it didn't seem to be dwelled on, what with Shirou abruptly easing his lips against hers in a kiss.

Much like earlier-- much, much earlier, admittedly, but earlier nonetheless --, an odd phenomenon occurred when they kissed. An odd, mystical glow enveloped them, the very air seeming to shimmer as all wounds left over on Setsuna began to heal, energy and steadiness seeming to return to her through the gesture. To Setsuna, it felt like it lasted only a moment, yet forever at the same time. It was rather odd, but as Shirou pulled away, letting his hand remain rested atop her head, she didn't comment on it. She just stared, offering a small smile. "..Thank you, Shirou."

rsz_setsunalargepct20_pct2004_by_teh_zombish-dat7ybz.jpg

"..."

The question provoked a sense of uncertainty from Setsuna, who momentarily just stared at Shirou with an unreadable emotion in her eyes. But, slowly, her gaze turned away, words finally falling from her lips. "...I am not certain," she admitted. "Kyoshiro... Did not want me any longer-" she began to say, only to abruptly pause as memories came flooding back to her. Further away than those of the events that had transpired in Shirou and company's presence, but they came back. Shiratori Kuu. That was right... Setsuna hadn't been the only one captured and abused after Kuu and Kyoshiro's loving exchange. Even Badraz and Murakumo...

Two years. It had been two years. Whether she liked it or not, it was undoubtedly fact that Kuu and Kyoshiro were dead, or worse. But still... She could not abandon them, regardless of how dreadfully they had treated her. But first, she needed to check something. Almost seeming to forget she had been saying anything at all, Setsuna slowly raised a hand in front of her, clenching and unclenching it before furrowing her eyebrows in concentration.

And somehow, she just felt it would work.

"...But it would be wrong of me to abandon him and Shiratori Kuu. I need to at least make sure they are alright," she finally continued, as though no pause had been taken at all as she looked up at him. She seemed almost hesitant, perhaps uncertain, now, a mildly concerned look on her face after uttering those words. "But I have no purpose further than that. I will no longer be necessary." She would not be wanted. Something that, deep down, scared her. Especially after being treated so kindly by Shirou and the others. As such, she fell into an unnerved silence, staring off at nothing in particular.

@Kaykay
Shirou let her words settle for a few moments. He didn't know who these people in her world were, but he didn't need to. "It would be wrong" of her. If it was a decision that came from her own feelings, then that was what she should do. Even if he had any objections there, he wouldn't voice them.

But no purpose, she said?

He brought his hand back, holding his hand in front of her face for a moment before flicking her in the forehead.

"The hell's up with that, huh? You wanna go check on your friends? That's fine. They abandoned you and you still wanna go after them? Kinda hard-headed, but sure, do whatcha want. But checkin' on ShiraShiro ain't all you're planning to do with your life. At least, it better not be. That'd be one hell of a boring story. I'd storm back to the bookstore and demand a refund for that shit."

He slipped his hands inside his pockets before continuing.

"You just felt like stepping in to protect me, right? Obviously you felt something when you shouted out and said that. Otherwise you wouldn't have done it. So remember that feeling. Then tell me again. Not your purpose in life, or what you're necessary for, or boring cliched shit like that. Just say it out loud. What kind of story is your life's gonna be?"

"What the hell do you want to do, Setsuna?"

@Midnight Maiden

Reactions: Hana
Shirou let her words settle for a few moments. He didn't know who these people in her world were, but he didn't need to. "It would be wrong" of her. If it was a decision that came from her own feelings, then that was what she should do. Even if he had any objections there, he wouldn't voice them.

But no purpose, she said?

He brought his hand back, holding his hand in front of her face for a moment before flicking her in the forehead.

"The hell's up with that, huh? You wanna go check on your friends? That's fine. They abandoned you and you still wanna go after them? Kinda hard-headed, but sure, do whatcha want. But checkin' on ShiraShiro ain't all you're planning to do with your life. At least, it better not be. That'd be one hell of a boring story. I'd storm back to the bookstore and demand a refund for that shit."

He slipped his hands inside his pockets before continuing.

"You just felt like stepping in to protect me, right? Obviously you felt something when you shouted out and said that. Otherwise you wouldn't have done it. So remember that feeling. Then tell me again. Not your purpose in life, or what you're necessary for, or boring cliched shit like that. Just say it out loud. What kind of story is your life's gonna be?"

"What the hell do you want to do, Setsuna?"

@Midnight Maiden
At first, Setsuna said nothing, fully noting how Shirou's hand moved away from her head. It was a hard thing not to notice, after all, especially when you were as alert as the blonde woman in question. Besides, it had been a somewhat nice feeling, having kindly physical contact that wasn't necessarily 'required'. But of course, the flick to her forehead wasn't quite as kindly, and led to her blinking a few times before one hand raised to lightly touch where she had been flicked, wide eyes staring at Shirou as she did with an unspoken surprise. What had that been about? Never had she seen such a gesture be executed before, and it left her mildly dazed until he spoke.

"..."

Friends. It was a funny thing to hear, in regards to her. So far as she knew, she had none. So far as she had been told, friends were not something she was allowed, as an Absolute Angel. She existed to serve and protect, not to have fun or relationships or anything else. It was a luxury that did not come with the life she had had thrust upon her, whether she liked it or not. Which, recently- or, rather, in recent years, now -, she had discovered she did not want.

Perhaps that was something she especially liked about Shirou. He treated her as though these limits did not exist, like she could do as she wished as opposed to what others desired. It was certainly a foreign concept- at least, hearing it from someone else -, but not an inherently unpleasant one. Perhaps not unpleasant at all.... If not for the fact that she had no idea how to execute it.

rsz_301841_kyoshiro_ep07_89_by_teh_zombish-dat7bzh.jpg

"...What do I want to do?" she repeated, softly, thoughtfully. A tone that was primarily new for her as her gaze slowly drifted away in deep thought. What did she want? Before meeting Shirou, this was not something she would have even dreamed of asking herself, or even of being asked by anyone else. It was a question that would undoubtedly be easy for most any person to answer with little thought, but for Setsuna? It was next to impossible for her to find the answer to, even with lots of thought. Perhaps that was why she remained silent for so long.

It was funny, how such a simple question could so easily turn one's world upside-down. There were so many things a person could want, she knew. Not from experience, for from what she knew, she seldom desired anything... Or, at the very least, let herself think about any of her desires. No, she knew from bearing witness. But seeing wants and feeling them were two different things. So she continued to think, and think, and think.

She could want Kyoshiro. Want him to want her, as more than a sword. But that was not what she wanted, she realized, as she put more thought into it. He would never want her, and she realized now, odd as it was... She was okay with that. As long as he was safe, she would be okay with him not wanting her. Even if it meant him being with Kuu, rather. She could want to get revenge on the male, or Kuu, but she didn't. Their safety was all she wanted of them. But that wasn't all she wanted. As she identified, disqualified, and discovered possible or impossible wants, they began to flow freely to her.

She did not want to go back to Academia. She did not want to be a burden or outcast among it's citizens, a freak of nature that now, in her own words, lacked a purpose or reason to exist. Far from it, in fact. No, she wanted to continue as she had before, not under Kyoshiro's dictation of her actions, but helping others all the same and defending all of those she could. She wanted to make others happy, and not just because she was ordered to. She wanted to travel wherever she could to achieve that goal, and, more than that, or perhaps fueled by it....

rsz_meh_by_teh_zombish-db2k2zo.jpg

"...I want to stay with you, Shirou."

The statement was firm, with a certainty to it that had not been there before. But she was not stopping there, words once again beginning to fall from her lips as her newly unlocked spring of thoughts came to her, quicker than she could fully process, in all honesty. With a very serious expression, she continued.

rsz_ah_by_teh_zombish-db2k0za.jpg

"Kyoshiro will want to stay by Kuu, and vice versa. I will not impose upon them," she declared. "But even so... I wish to continue helping others where I may. I want to assure the safety of those around me. To help them any way I can. I..." For a split second, her typically unfeeling expression faltered, a hint of sadness and perhaps loneliness creeping in. "...I do not want to be seen as a monster. I want... I want to....--" she trailed off, unsure what else she could say. How could she express how lonely she felt, as though all of those years of being treated as nothing more than a worthless animal had really only just, ever so suddenly and so powerfully, hit her? How could she ever put that into words?

"...I want to stay with you."

It was all she could manage to say as she did her best to pull her composure back together.

@Kaykay

Lucifer Epilogue 1: Where I belong

Lucifer looked back at Penny and then the room full of people. He had a chance to go home and forgot about all the people he hurt here. He could forgot about all those he murdered- forgot all those who died in vain- but then he would be going right back to where he had started.

Being controlled by his father- being lost by his love for Chloe being real. Being confused and angry, being a punisher, a tormentor. To go back to the cycle and to continue to play their games or to take a step in a different direction. To be the master of his fate, that was something that he had wanted more than anything.
It was kind of funny- the very thing he dreaded doing was going to grant him a freedom he had never achieved before, a beautiful freedom. He turned to Linda who looked at him. " So, are we leaving Lucifer? Are we going home?" She asked.

" That isn't my home, I don't think it ever was. I fooled myself into believing that so that I could be free of Hell, but as long as I remain in that world, I can never be free of it. I can never be free of the father who kicked me out, the mother who wouldn't defend me, the brother who wants me to go home. Home doesn't exist for me. I can't ever settle anywhere without him, this is my chance to leave it all behind. You can go, but I am going to stay and join ODMA. I have sins to atone for."

" Lucifer, you can't run from your problems forever. They are going to build up and hurt you. What about all those you cared about? What about me?"

Lucifer sighed and kissed her again and sighed. He was going to regret this, but he had to do it so she wouldn't feel bad.

After the deed was done and he was clothed once more, he looked over at her and dressed her. With his powers, he whispered one word. " Sleep". He carried her to the magic school bus, bridal style and put her in there. She would be grateful that he left her behind. She had to be, there was nothing he could do. He slid a letter into her pocket and also slide a letter into Penny's pocket when he wasn't watching.

Goodbye. I have to do this for me, to atone with what I have done in my past. I treasured our time again, but I feel that if I remain with you, I would harm you more than I could ever bear. I fear that I would put you in danger, my life isn't a safe one and I need to find myself. I hope that we meet again. Someday.

With one last shred of his dignity, he closed his eyes and teleported. He didn't have a destination in mind, just wherever the wind may take him. He blinked twice and started at a barren planet. Where was this? He certainly didn't know- but he would find out. Hopefully, it was where he needed to be. As he walked, he sighed and rubbed his forehead. " Please let this be where I belong."

( I will still be doing replies, just want to get my epilogues out.)

• Love
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Linda- Home is where they are

Linda was so surprised by what Lucifer and her had done that she hadn't thought much about it. She was indeed angry that he put her on the bus and left her, but there was nothing she could do about that. She was back and stuck in LA.

An LA without Lucifer. It was boring when she got back home. There was a lot of confusion initially since she had been missing for two years, but it seemed that everything had resolved itself. It seemed that she actually had no patients left and she sighed. As days faded by, she didn't think too much of it and felt sick.

That was weird. She had been fine a few days before. What was happening to her? Lucifer and her had had sex, but she couldn't be pregnant. He was infertile, wasn't he? Then again, a lot of weird stuff had happened in that game. Tons of weird things. So having a child wasn't a stretch. Actually, it was the further from a stretch. She closed her eyes and pray-

She opened her eyes and was rightly confused. She seemed to be in some sort of base, military it looked like. What was going on? She closed her eyes again and was in a grass field. Wait, was she teleporting? This didn't make any sense.

Unless the baby was like Lucifer and could teleport. Was her unborn child accidently teleporting her across dimensions. She took a deep breath and blinked twice. It seemed she was back in her office- for now.

After a few days, she figured out how it happened . Whenever the baby was excited or scared or happy, or any extreme emotion, she would teleport with him. She had no control where they would go. As the months bled by, the woman took a deep breath and felt it. He was going to be born and god help her, the baby had teleported them to a jungle.

" Hospital. Take me to a hospital." She looked at her stomach and found herself in what looked like New York City. She saw a man. " Excuse me, sir, could you help me? I'm in labor and I need a hospital."

" You are quite lucky. I happen to be a doctor. The name is John Stevens."

" Linda -fuck-con." The last bit was said as the labor pain was going through. It seemed the baby was coming now. Before she could see him being born, she fainted.

When she awoke, she and the man, John were in the hospital and he looked at her, holding two babies. " They got you stable. Oh, yeah, the children was born. There's a healthy boy. Do you have a name for him and her?" He asked.

" From ash- er and everything, I have been through, I am going to call hdf Ashley Ada," she said. " Can I hold one of them?" She asked. John handed her Ashley Ada and before he could react, Asher cried and caused him to teleport but she managed to get two words in before she was teleported by the other. " Protect him., protect James Penny Jason. ( Damn that was a mouthful)," It seemed past protect him, John may have not heard the rest... god only knows what he would name the boy.

Linda stared around the area and it seemed that she was in a strange city. Well, hopefully, she would find someone who could help her.

To be continue in Ragnarok and The Secretariat and a little blog series about why Asher is four years older than his sister.

Last edited:
At first, Setsuna said nothing, fully noting how Shirou's hand moved away from her head. It was a hard thing not to notice, after all, especially when you were as alert as the blonde woman in question. Besides, it had been a somewhat nice feeling, having kindly physical contact that wasn't necessarily 'required'. But of course, the flick to her forehead wasn't quite as kindly, and led to her blinking a few times before one hand raised to lightly touch where she had been flicked, wide eyes staring at Shirou as she did with an unspoken surprise. What had that been about? Never had she seen such a gesture be executed before, and it left her mildly dazed until he spoke.

"..."

Friends. It was a funny thing to hear, in regards to her. So far as she knew, she had none. So far as she had been told, friends were not something she was allowed, as an Absolute Angel. She existed to serve and protect, not to have fun or relationships or anything else. It was a luxury that did not come with the life she had had thrust upon her, whether she liked it or not. Which, recently- or, rather, in recent years, now -, she had discovered she did not want.

Perhaps that was something she especially liked about Shirou. He treated her as though these limits did not exist, like she could do as she wished as opposed to what others desired. It was certainly a foreign concept- at least, hearing it from someone else -, but not an inherently unpleasant one. Perhaps not unpleasant at all.... If not for the fact that she had no idea how to execute it.

rsz_301841_kyoshiro_ep07_89_by_teh_zombish-dat7bzh.jpg

"...What do I want to do?" she repeated, softly, thoughtfully. A tone that was primarily new for her as her gaze slowly drifted away in deep thought. What did she want? Before meeting Shirou, this was not something she would have even dreamed of asking herself, or even of being asked by anyone else. It was a question that would undoubtedly be easy for most any person to answer with little thought, but for Setsuna? It was next to impossible for her to find the answer to, even with lots of thought. Perhaps that was why she remained silent for so long.

It was funny, how such a simple question could so easily turn one's world upside-down. There were so many things a person could want, she knew. Not from experience, for from what she knew, she seldom desired anything... Or, at the very least, let herself think about any of her desires. No, she knew from bearing witness. But seeing wants and feeling them were two different things. So she continued to think, and think, and think.

She could want Kyoshiro. Want him to want her, as more than a sword. But that was not what she wanted, she realized, as she put more thought into it. He would never want her, and she realized now, odd as it was... She was okay with that. As long as he was safe, she would be okay with him not wanting her. Even if it meant him being with Kuu, rather. She could want to get revenge on the male, or Kuu, but she didn't. Their safety was all she wanted of them. But that wasn't all she wanted. As she identified, disqualified, and discovered possible or impossible wants, they began to flow freely to her.

She did not want to go back to Academia. She did not want to be a burden or outcast among it's citizens, a freak of nature that now, in her own words, lacked a purpose or reason to exist. Far from it, in fact. No, she wanted to continue as she had before, not under Kyoshiro's dictation of her actions, but helping others all the same and defending all of those she could. She wanted to make others happy, and not just because she was ordered to. She wanted to travel wherever she could to achieve that goal, and, more than that, or perhaps fueled by it....

rsz_meh_by_teh_zombish-db2k2zo.jpg

"...I want to stay with you, Shirou."

The statement was firm, with a certainty to it that had not been there before. But she was not stopping there, words once again beginning to fall from her lips as her newly unlocked spring of thoughts came to her, quicker than she could fully process, in all honesty. With a very serious expression, she continued.

rsz_ah_by_teh_zombish-db2k0za.jpg

"Kyoshiro will want to stay by Kuu, and vice versa. I will not impose upon them," she declared. "But even so... I wish to continue helping others where I may. I want to assure the safety of those around me. To help them any way I can. I..." For a split second, her typically unfeeling expression faltered, a hint of sadness and perhaps loneliness creeping in. "...I do not want to be seen as a monster. I want... I want to....--" she trailed off, unsure what else she could say. How could she express how lonely she felt, as though all of those years of being treated as nothing more than a worthless animal had really only just, ever so suddenly and so powerfully, hit her? How could she ever put that into words?

"...I want to stay with you."

It was all she could manage to say as she did her best to pull her composure back together.

@Kaykay
"Whew, that's the most I've heard ya say this whole time," Shirou whistled, as though he'd just seen someone break a world record. He was no mind reader, but he could see the expressions she made. The slow way she formed her sentences. As expected, it was quite difficult for her to think in this way, of what she wanted.

But she'd figured it out, and that was all he really cared about.

"But alright. If you wanna be some protag or hero type, then do it. Wanna follow me, do it. But fair warning, you know. I'm also gonna do what I like. And I ain't a fan of boredom."

He jerked his head in the direction of the strange bus that'd take them back to wherever they'd come from.

"I'm headin' back to my place. It ain't your world, and I dunno what your world was like anyway. Might be a shock. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right?"

While laughing, he whipped around while throwing an arm around Setsuna. What would happen if he brought an unknown element with him to his universe? Would that mess with Mercurius and Reinhard? And above all, how would Setsuna handle that kind of change in culture?

Actually when it came to that last bit, he had a feeling that she didn't even understand that of her own world. As for the other two, he couldn't really answer either of those questions. But that was what made it interesting, wasn't it?

"Let's go then. Not even an hour here and I'm already sick of this place," he complained with a light tone.

@Midnight Maiden

"Whew, that's the most I've heard ya say this whole time," Shirou whistled, as though he'd just seen someone break a world record. He was no mind reader, but he could see the expressions she made. The slow way she formed her sentences. As expected, it was quite difficult for her to think in this way, of what she wanted.

But she'd figured it out, and that was all he really cared about.

"But alright. If you wanna be some protag or hero type, then do it. Wanna follow me, do it. But fair warning, you know. I'm also gonna do what I like. And I ain't a fan of boredom."

He jerked his head in the direction of the strange bus that'd take them back to wherever they'd come from.

"I'm headin' back to my place. It ain't your world, and I dunno what your world was like anyway. Might be a shock. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right?"

While laughing, he whipped around while throwing an arm around Setsuna. What would happen if he brought an unknown element with him to his universe? Would that mess with Mercurius and Reinhard? And above all, how would Setsuna handle that kind of change in culture?

Actually when it came to that last bit, he had a feeling that she didn't even understand that of her own world. As for the other two, he couldn't really answer either of those questions. But that was what made it interesting, wasn't it?

"Let's go then. Not even an hour here and I'm already sick of this place," he complained with a light tone.

@Midnight Maiden
Epilogue Part One/???; Not So Shattered

In some way, it felt almost relieving, to get all of that off of her chest. To say things she could never have dreamed of saying before, perhaps for fear of repercussions or just straight up not believing she was allowed to have her own desires. Regardless of the reason, it was odd, but almost exhilarating, to say these things. Though of course, there was some concern as well, that perhaps she had gone too far. That she had voiced a desire that was wrong- that would not be approved of by Shirou, or anyone else for that matter. But much to her luck, he responded as casually as ever, not seeming dismayed at all by her outburst.

And so for the first time since her awakening?

rsz_90596_by_teh_zombish-dat80cj.jpg

She smiled. It was probably an odd sight, considering even before their comatose experience, it was something she had only done once or twice. It was pleasant, though. Bright and warm and innocent and filled with a lightheartedness that one would not think someone typically so serious could possess. But she did, and with that same smile she nodded pleasantly.

rsz_45_by_teh_zombish-dat4tgp.jpg

"I am happy to see your wishes through," she assured when he stated he would still be doing as he pleased as well. "And I will do my best to refrain from making you... bored." To be honest, that'd probably be both a good and bad thing for her. She didn't know what was right or wrong, and would have to learn from those she frequented the presence of. After all, Kyoshiro had not been a good example on her, exactly. So it was likely she would have to pick things up from Shirou, as well as... Well, whoever else remained around him.

Not that she really thought much about that.

Or, well, about the fact that his world could be very different from hers. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was hell compared to what she knew, or perhaps heaven. Maybe she'd find that she love it, find that it was more than she could ever have dreamed and far better than the vast, elegant Academia. But if not? Even if it were dark and dreary, filled with crime and craziness and monsters and things worse than Kyoshiro had seen her and the other Absolute Angels? She wouldn't care. She'd still be with Shirou, and that'd make it alright. Just as long as he was safe, she would be content.

So when he stated he was bored and ready to depart, she could only offer a nod and another small smile, not at all seeming to mind that the redhead had draped his arm over her. No, she didn't mind at all. Instead, she merely uttered a simple phrase, smiling up at him all the while.

"As you wish, Shirou."

@Kaykay

Azura Epilogue: Lost in the waves.... I think of you, all alone.

Giving a reluctant goodbye to Joshua, consisting of a hug and peck on the cheek she made her way to the portal home. There was no telling what happened to her family during her absence. Taking a deep breath she stepped through and after being blinded for a moment she could hear the sounds of battle in the distance, realizing that she was still in the opera house.

Quickly changing into her usual attire she gripped her Naginata as she slipped out to see what was going on, just in time to see her sister and Leo's backs to her.

She approached to get the gist of what was going on, and learned that because of what she had done before ending up in that Muder Game, unknown to the two, singers all over Nestra were to be hunted and killed on King Garon's order. Feeling ashamed and sickened by this she knew it was only part of the blood she had helped spill. She would do her best to make up for these things, but for the time being would put her feelings aside so that she could pull through with the plan she had in mind.

Days after the battle in Nestra, the Songstress slipped away from the others momentarily so she could have some time to think things over.

' Joshua, I hope you are well and that we will meet once more. Until then...I have to stain my hands further in blood to take down King Garon and help my sister bring peace to these waring countries. I don't know how things will turn out but I wish for the best of luck for you.' she thought with a sigh as she sat on a rock near the grove of dead trees near the edge of the castle wall.

She had a long way to go before the war was over, but she would keep the memory of that facility and as many of the faces of those she spoke with and grew close with in mind until her dying breath.

Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.