Modern Fantasy Clash of The Gifted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
That creature didn't attack Charlotte or Raiyen it must mean something!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
@Crono Whenever we attack enemies with attacks which results in the displacement of the enemy (moves the enemy to a different location), how do people actually follow up on it? Does the attack take into effect?

Example: Bob attempts to kick Mary with enough force to propel her backwards.

How does the next rper reply if they want to attack Mary?

@TreasureSniper
Prepare an attack for if such movement is successful.
If Bob pulled off his kick Sullivan would land a punch on the then in reach Mary.
K but like what about the sitch where like Rose has tried to grab the teen dude and like dropped him in front of Mini. Like just in case Rose isn't able to grab him and teleport dude over, do I have to write 2 hypothetical reactions in my postie? Like cuz ummm... it just seems soooo... like yuck.

Or can I just postie what Mini would do and just edit it in later the option 2 reaction in case like Rose isn't successful?

That creature didn't attack Charlotte or Raiyen it must mean something!
Well like wasn't it like Rose, J, Davey and Mini the first up on stage? Like I think it would attack Mini maybe cuz she showed off her power? But like as for the others...? IDK bruh

Well like wasn't it like Rose, J, Davey and Mini the first up on stage? Like I think it would attack Mini maybe cuz she showed off her power? But like as for the others...? IDK bruh

Heh, maybe it only attacks loudmouths, I'll grab some duct tapes this is for your own good!
Yeah, that could be a possibility but everyone was standing on stage and used their powers except Katrina.

@Crono Whenever we attack enemies with attacks which results in the displacement of the enemy (moves the enemy to a different location), how do people actually follow up on it? Does the attack take into effect?

Example: Bob attempts to kick Mary with enough force to propel her backwards.

How does the next rper reply if they want to attack Mary?

@TreasureSniper
Prepare an attack for if such movement is successful.
If Bob pulled off his kick Sullivan would land a punch on the then in reach Mary.

K but like what about the sitch where like Rose has tried to grab the teen dude and like dropped him in front of Mini. Like just in case Rose isn't able to grab him and teleport dude over, do I have to write 2 hypothetical reactions in my postie? Like cuz ummm... it just seems soooo... like yuck.

Or can I just postie what Mini would do and just edit it in later the option 2 reaction in case like Rose isn't successful?

I think what he was trying to say was he felt that Rose was auto hitting because she grabbed the Kid in the crowd.

No I specifically phrased the post to avoid being accused of autohitting.
However Boo's question still stands, do we make like a logical IF (X) THEN [THIS] ELSE [THAT] sort of posts when we wait on resolution of a single person attacking or moving the enemy combatant.

Using this situation as an example. IF (Rose teleports the kid) THEN [Mini attacks him] else [Mini runs to the kid to attack him]
Now throw other characters into the mix and see just how much they could move the enemy combatant around with their attack E.G. Rose teleports them, Mini throws them with wind, Charlotte tidal waves them, etc. whoever is after them has to take into account 3 of these possible attacks which means 6 different permutations which only grows with each added person.

In other words, how do we all fight one person without knowing if any sort of attack will result in them being displaced. RPGs have stats and dicerolls, targeted spells and the like but here we only have words so do we have some sort of consensus that just because part 1 of the combo failed all other parts of it won't automatically be misses because the target has not been moved from their starting position. I assume that will not happen because it would be too silly to think our characters cannot compensate on the fly for something like that, however in the case of this scenario where a teleportation or a larger scale movement is executed perhaps that is something to either be discussed OOC and give the outcome to the players so they can incorporate it into the post and keep the post order flowing smoothly without worrying if Rose teleporting the teen is gonna create problems.

Alternatively, perhaps a post or a couple of posts that could result in the target being displaced should be met with a GM response even if not everyone had posted in order to allow for a smoother combat that doesn't feel as turn based. For example Rose and Mini do something with the teen and you do a GM post for him but then we wait for others and the Red King or whatever we're calling the Phantom.

Sounds like good ideas. I think a combination of both could work as well. So we can plan a portal nuke detonation.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Alternatively, perhaps a post or a couple of posts that could result in the target being displaced should be met with a GM response even if not everyone had posted in order to allow for a smoother combat that doesn't feel as turn based. For example Rose and Mini do something with the teen and you do a GM post for him but then we wait for others and the Red King or whatever we're calling the Phantom.

Thats a good idea.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Heh, maybe it only attacks loudmouths, I'll grab some duct tapes this is for your own good!
Yeah, that could be a possibility but everyone was standing on stage and used their powers except Katrina.

Yeah well maybe it's only sexy loudmouths it attacks! Hah! Wait... Who you calling a loudmouth?!

But k so like @Crono should I just post as if rose was successful and dropping the teen in front of Mini?

Yeah well maybe it's only sexy loudmouths it attacks! Hah! Wait... Who you calling a loudmouth?!

But k so like @Crono should I just post as if rose was successful and dropping the teen in front of Mini?

Maybe the king was so infatuated with Katalina and her beauty in death that they couldn't bring themselves to attack ther.

• Bucket of Rainbows
No I specifically phrased the post to avoid being accused of autohitting.
However Boo's question still stands, do we make like a logical IF (X) THEN [THIS] ELSE [THAT] sort of posts when we wait on resolution of a single person attacking or moving the enemy combatant.

Using this situation as an example. IF (Rose teleports the kid) THEN [Mini attacks him] else [Mini runs to the kid to attack him]
Now throw other characters into the mix and see just how much they could move the enemy combatant around with their attack E.G. Rose teleports them, Mini throws them with wind, Charlotte tidal waves them, etc. whoever is after them has to take into account 3 of these possible attacks which means 6 different permutations which only grows with each added person.

In other words, how do we all fight one person without knowing if any sort of attack will result in them being displaced. RPGs have stats and dicerolls, targeted spells and the like but here we only have words so do we have some sort of consensus that just because part 1 of the combo failed all other parts of it won't automatically be misses because the target has not been moved from their starting position. I assume that will not happen because it would be too silly to think our characters cannot compensate on the fly for something like that, however in the case of this scenario where a teleportation or a larger scale movement is executed perhaps that is something to either be discussed OOC and give the outcome to the players so they can incorporate it into the post and keep the post order flowing smoothly without worrying if Rose teleporting the teen is gonna create problems.

Sorry guys I wasn't getting updates on this thread for some (clearly stupid) reason. I'll keep you updated on large inflictions (paralyzed, moved) such as this OCC or IC.
@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
In this case the teportation of the teen was successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the kid still around whimpering or did the suits take him away? It seems like some time had passed and the squad recieved some first aid so I imagine they took the teen away and idk cuffed him with antimagic cuffs or something. Those are a thing right?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Is the kid still around whimpering or did the suits take him away? It seems like some time had passed and the squad recieved some first aid so I imagine they took the teen away and idk cuffed him with antimagic cuffs or something. Those are a thing right?
Only a short amount of time has passed, kid's still there. The first aid was just that, hurried removal of shrapnel, disinfectant, and bandaging. The guards are trained to keep people alive and the metal only hit a few team members. Magic weakening cuffs are a thing, but only the police have them. They will knock this kid unconscious if he tries anything though, which would be just as effective if not more.

So it is safe to say there's no need for us to concern ourselves with him and that he's in the bag so to speak?

I suggest having Dave probe the kid's mind for any useful information. His memories may provide a clue to who or what the culprit is.

• Bucket of Rainbows