@BrokenWings
Directly ahead of her in line is a strangely androgynous figure whose face seems more...expressive than she's used to seeing. Seeing as they've been made a similar offer, she shrugs as she boards behind them and says "Quite the pitch for this little project, isn't it, particularly with how it closed. I wonder if we're meant to feel afraid or needed at this point." She arches an eyebrow, curious for Nine's reply.

Nine smiles at Chen, "I believe we're meant to feel needed, and I'm still waiting on the powers-that-be to give me a reason to be scared. In the meantime..." Nine motions towards the hulking silhouette somewhere near the group with their eyes, "I'm not too worried."

Nine extends their hand towards Chen, "I'm Nine, by the way. Name, not age. I'm fairly certain I'm considerably older than that." Nine introduces themselves to Grady, as Grady does the same, giving the man their left hand, but morphing it into another right hand to accommodate the simultaneous handshake. "Then again, I am new around town. Tell me, should I be afraid?"

Drake Campbell

Drake didn't need much convincing to board the bus. He learned pretty early in life that it was better to be a part of something than alone. Ironically, though, he didn't seem to be able to hold that lesson when the other agents had tried to let him in. Well, at least his past wasn't going to catch up with him any time soon. " Huh- Steve, kind of like Captain America's real name. One piece of information that I managed to retain from Phil-" Drake trailed off, not exactly wanting to bring up his past in front of a bunch of strangers. It was better to lock those emotions inside of himself..... even if he knew it was saving pain.

" This is a different kind of first date," Drake told Bobby with a smile, as he sat and looked out the window.

@Soverign
Chen had never seen anyone like Creed before, not up close. The sight of him skittering along the roof towards his seat made her half-rise out of her chair to run, if she ended up needing to. Until she remembered she was (theoretically) in no danger here. Until she remembered among these people, she wasn't just hiding beneath the guise of a civilian lawyer. Which meant she had options for self-defense she'd never let herself use before.

At least he seemed friendly enough. Swallowing once, the well-dressed Chinese professional said, "Welcome to the bus. I'm Chen Tseng."

@Camleen
The arrival of a Spider-Woman gave Chen something else to look at. Mostly because she rarely had occasion to see a costumed hero up close. And maybe a bit because the blonde woman seemed fun. "I suspect our dress code's going to end up on your side. So I suspect we're the ones who are overdressed. No promises on this not being a cult, however."

She winks playfully.

@BrokenWings
There was an ambiguity about Nine that Chen finds vaguely unsettling. Not enough to be rude about, though. Especially when the other person's sociable enough to exchange names. "Chen Tseng," she replies. A curious eyebrow quirks up at the other Enhanced's comment suggesting they didn't know their own age.

Then they changed their other hand to another right hand that that almost made Chen leap out of her seat. Despite a bit of nerves, though, she manages to keep her composure. "I believe most of us intend to volunteer for life-threatening situations so there may be at least a little reason to fear. But I also believe most of us have capabilities well-suited for those situations. Powers, if not necessarily experience, at least in my case."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands
DM Post.... Bus Stuff

Most of the staff that are present are sitting together in the front of the bus. As each of our heroes makes their way down that center path there are cheers and clapping. No one is left out of this particular greeting.

Bus driver Steve is polite to everyone who comes on board. With Spider Woman, he is indeed reminded of a young man, a hero. " S'up Queens" He smiles at her, having said this very quietly. " I hope you don't mind an old Brooklyn driver ! "

Grady having sat near Miss Chen, Nine and Creed greets each of them. He slightly hesitantly shakes Nine's unusually aspected hand. He offers Miss Chen is hand also, repeating his name as Grady and gives something of a fist bump to Creed.

" Sorry I didn't do that earlier Mister Creed, got caught up in the moment. "

As Spider Woman roof crawls by and makes her over dressed comment, he looks thoughtful, listening to Miss Chen's statement, he changes into his own outfit which mostly seems to be green leathery material complete with mask, his cane changing into a knobby little staff.

Over by Drake, Bobby laughs softly at the date comment.

"I really had intended to take you out for lunch, stupid bad guys made that plan go south. I'll cook something up for you when we get to the base. Should be something between sixty and ninety minutes.

For a few minutes after the bus starts up, it goes through a tunnel. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes later it comes up in an abandoned industrial complex not far from the 405 freeway, which it accesses moments later.

• Sweet
Reactions: Epiphany
tigra-banner-jpg.200288

Tigra might have said she was catnapping, but now and then she cracked an eye open during the trip to see how things were going and to listen in on what might be interesting conversations. She was torn between her cat laziness and her cat curiosity, and decided to split the difference and stretch out and eavesdrop.

Creed noted who spoke to him as he moved to his seat "Hello, i am Creed" As he got comfortable in his seat he settled in under the cloak. He looked around and many on this bus were unique and special in their own way. Some like Tigra and himself it was their physical form. Others were more tricky in determining their abilities. Maybe when they got under way he would make a friend or two.

Drake Campbell

Drake would look over at him and just sighed. " Honestly, this isn't even in the top ten of my worst dates. It's actually one of the better ones. Especially since my last boyfriend was a bi guy and he flirted with everyone on our first date. Literally everyone but me. It's like I wasn't even there. As long as it is something good, I am sure that it will be worth the wait," he replied with a smile.

DM post four, the arrival

The highway part of the journey takes about an hour or so with another half hour through some curves rounds up a hill. At one point the bus drives in to a parking lot for an old abandoned garage by the side of the road. Of course, the old garage is completely fake. Upon entering it, the bus takes a slight downward drive for a moment and is then driving in a tunnel. Ten more minutes in the tunnel and you find yourselves in another very modern underground garage. Those characters who brought obvious cars or motorcycles are now here.

Those of you technologically minded can guess this garage area is loaded with various sensors as was the tunnel. On one section of wall there is a giant mural of painted superheroes, most you can think of and some you didn't. The staff heads that way. The wall slides open revealing a large entertaining room. It really is a very large space, with the huge semi sectioned off living room complete with bar. A large not quite restaurant kitchen and eating area with multiple tables. There are two elevators and a stairway heading down.

@Gands
Getting applause on the way through the bus results in Chen ducking her head in embarrassed awkwardness. Professional poise is something her family's instilled since birth but these people are applauding because they know her secret. And she still hasn't quite come to terms with that.

Grady's hand is accepted and he gets a firm handshake in return.

Once the bus arrives, Chen openly gawks at the high security measures. She's never seen anything like this outside of a movie. The mural of superheroes draws her eyes and she gazes at it for a long moment before realizing everyone's on the move. And like a good Chinese girl, she falls into step. Which takes her into the common area, something she's seen on a similar scale in one corporate office or another.

Then again, for-profit organizations can afford it. Where did all the money for this come from?

As the crowd settles into the room, Chen steps forward. She's been content to be low-key until this point, friendly but professionally polite, reserved and not nearly as interesting as most of the people in costumes or with obvious enhancements. That will be changing soon.

"This is all very impressive," she says, her voice pitched to carry over a crowd with the practiced ease of someone who speaks to audiences all the time. "The tour, the personal attention, the pitch from the stage, our transit here and of course this facility. It's obvious that whoever is funding this operation has a lot to offer us. I'd like to hear more about what you, or they, expect us to offer them."

"King T'Challa spoke of a movement to weaponize the Enhanced before being called away to deal with the 'opposition', presumably members of that movement. Who are they? What do they want? And how do you see us intervening? His Majesty mentioned his desire for a group who can do this without drawing much attention to ourselves. I won't speak for my fellows, they have their own voices they can raise, but speaking for myself? I understand the usefulness of subtlety and discretion but I am not a trained spy or soldier or whatever skill set this organization routinely uses. Will you provide mentors and teachers then as well as resource such as are on display here?"

"Lastly, an org chart would not go amiss." She smiles slightly and adds, "It would be good to know if someone will lead us in the field, as well as who to talk to in the event of, oh, a maintenance or HR issue."

Having said what she wished, Chen folds her hands in front of her and looks intently at their guides for answers.

DM post 4b

It is at this point that Dr. Hank McCoy speaks up, after clearing his throat.

" Let me answer that at least in part. My name is Dr. Henry McCoy. I have been active in this business, the world of enhanced people for many years now. As for the opposition, their members vary considerably. Some will use the updated technology of Dr. Bolivar Trask that was discredited and originally used during the Nixon Administration. We have not as yet discovered all of the names of our opponents in this. There have always been among mankind, those who fear differences. Enhanced people and mutants have now emerged as such a threat to this faction of people that a portion of them do not fear using deadly force. "

" As for training, we have on our staff several highly skilled individuals who will help bring you up to speed.

First, there is myself. My body is strong, agile and quite capable in combat. I am in possession of six doctorates and my mental faculties are are at the high end of life on this planet, mutant or otherwise.

1599929752604.png

Second and as yet in no order of importance. Hope Van Dyne, also known as the Wasp. An expert in several fields of science in her own right, an extremely competent Heroine.

1599929794740.png

Next our resident hand to hand combat expert Melinda May. A former Shield agent who could be compared favorably to just about anyone who was in that agency during her time there.

1599931990907.png

Fourth, in charge of logistics, supplies and helping Melinda with training, Fandral Ullerson. Formerly of Asgard, Fandral is an excellent cook, an unsurpassed expert with Melee weapons and skilled in all forms of combat.

1599932877152.png

Next in charge of training for teamwork, Jubilation Lee. A member of my own team, the X-men, she has my personal recommendation.

1599933114533.png

Last of our full time staff, Masad and Shield trained, daughter of a dear friend, Eden Haller. In charge of Security.

1599933287935.png

Others on our part time staff include Lady Sif of Asgard, Bobby Drake of the X-men, Clint Barton formerly of Shield, Phil Coulson formerly of Shield, and Gabrielle Tesla, technologist.

For the moment, bring any questions or needs you have to me. For yourselves, eventually, eventually once you've trained a bit and sorted things out I expect one of you will be a team leader. Our staff is here to train you, teach you. Not fight your battles for you.

Our facilities have been funded by a combination of people, many of which were at that meeting earlier. King T'challa of Wakanda, Pepper Potts-Stark, Danny Rand of the Rand Corp, Dr Stephen Strange, Dr. Charles Xavier, and Dr. Reed Richards.
This facility was designed by Tony Stark but never initiated.

• Love
Reactions: Epiphany
tigra-banner-jpg.200288

"Kind of an all-star cast there, doc. It's like, having Liv Tyler training Elle Fanning, huh?" Greer commented. "Look, I can see you spent a lot of money on this place collectively, murals, high security and all... but us? We're worth all this?" She turned around full circle, gesturing at everyone assembled. "Let me play Devil's Advocate for a moment here. Realize I'm on board with helping you, but I'm going to toss out some of the unspoken questions we might have at this point."

"Half of us don't even have proper costumes, though some of us have totally nailed it."
Tigra gave the finger-guns to Spider-Woman at this point. "We're what you're hanging your hopes on, or is it because we're new and green, we're... more expendable than folk like Banner, Walters, Danvers, and all of the front-and-center people? Because I don't mind either way, I just want to know that we're not just some sort of suicide... er... team, squad or whatever, with a dozen more fledgeling heroes ready to step into our shoes if we get knocked out of them, Hank."

@Camleen @Gands

DM Post 4C unanswered questions.

"Tigra, that is an excellent question. Suppose I answer like this. We, the staff consider our goal very important and attainable. Those of you that are here were among many who were possible. Studied for the eventual possibility of you all joining us in this endeavor. There may be occasions when some of the staff join you on a mission. Staff will not be assigned on the team on a normal basis though. It is my belief as staff team liaison that you will have better team work and coordination without us holding your hands. It was our belief, that as a group, you will have more potential than those on staff. Many on our staff may only be participating on a temporary basis. In my case, I've had a lot of years on the job. My combat performance may not be formidable enough for much longer to be part of the active team. Between now and our full readiness, there is still a lot of room to grow together. Once we put the work in to train you, why in Hades would we want to see you fail ? "

" I hope that helps, I can be long winded. "

Nemesis had refused to speak with anyone during the bus ride. The approach to the secret destination was impressive. It seems they are very invested in this supposed cause. The mercenary went inside with the others and couldn't wonder if they were genuine. There was plenty of evidence.

Once in the room the hooded mercenary crossed both arms over her chest. She listened to others that spoke. The one called Chen brought up points and so did the cat lady. The blue man and his allies however seemed to be ready for an answer for each question.

I think I understand for my invitation. It is because of my skill set, abilities and history. But what's concerning is they seem to know a lot of details about me.

The earlier conversation with Fury more or less proved that to Nemesis. Her arms squeezed over the arms, obviously conflicted with the very notion. Subsequently a new thought occurred to the exile. Through her helmet's audio filter she asked.

"Here my question. What are your rules regarding the treatment of these enemies in the event of capture?" Displaying her pistol in the holster a harsher tone surfaced in her voice.

"If these Terran groups are as vile as you claim then I intend to give them a reason to fear. If you actually want some alive for information best to let me know."

Last edited:
The bus-ride was quite boring. As one would expect from a bunch of strangers all just stuck on the road for an hour.

Stepping off the bus Walker looks around before his eyes fall onto the staff. He follows them to the living area only to be greeted by even more members of this secret task force. No one got a word in before this Chinese woman stepped forward. She was eloquent and to the point. Chen may have been wary speaking for others, but she asked the questions Walker wanted answers to.

Tigra's concerns followed and they were reasonable, but offensive. Walker dusted his cloak off and pulled his hood taut over his head when she spoke. He quite liked his attire. It held value to him.

Following her concerns came Nemesis. Walker peeked from the sides of his hood at the girl, the robotic nature of her voice was strange, he'd never heard it before. However, her movements and bold words identified her as a person ready to kill. Noted.

Walker was silent. He merely wished to explore the building.

Creed set into his seat and as he adjusted he rumbled softly as the conversations continued. He listened and he heard of possible fighting ahead. His eyes switched as the voices changed along with it in his head as he spoke to himself"Yes, fighting could be so fun Creed. Think of blood on the claws" Creed focused and pushed the consciousness down "Apex you know what we are doing. We will defend ourselves. And do what is needed to succeed and survive. But i am not going to kill the innocent like you" The voice rumbled softly letting a low chuckle "I can't wait" When he gained true control Creed looked over the bus. He didn't know who heard him and Apex speaking but his eyes set on Hank.

His form shifting his long scythe like claw it splits perfectly to make a clawed hand. Like he did before he looked at the humanoid hand. Grasping the seat in front of him he places his toothy grinning maw on the seat resting there "Doctor, i have heard good things about you from Banner. But be honest doctor is-" His eyes changed again and as his eyes turn red Creed's voice shifts to a deep guttural chuckle "Hello Doctor. Are you going to tell me to kill people? I know Creed will try not to, but i will" The change in personality Apex licks his toothy maw seeming comfortable around a group like this. The personality opposite of Creed looks at Tigra as well smelling the air as his eyes look her over "Interesting" is all he says as the predatory gaze stays there.

• OMG
Reactions: Epiphany and Gands
Spider-Woman finds herself kind of quiet as the group is herded into the main area. She had seemed preoccupied on the trip here, paying most of her attention to her phone. She seemed to be having a conversation with someone through text. Or at least that's how it seemed.

She truly doesn't know what to think at this moment. About all of this. She is being told that this is the 'right' thing to do. Making a new group of Superfriends? Cool. Being on the ground floor of such a thing? Cool. Helping to stop another all out genocide attempt on all of humanity? Cool. So why, then, does she feel so ill at ease about all of this?

Her attention goes to the blue furred gentleman (a sentiment she never would have thought she would ever use) as he speaks, as he answers Chen's questions. He parades out a bunch of people she has no clue about, save for Wasp. Training? We're talking about training? Discretely Spider-Woman glances towards the others that were on the bus with her, and she wonders exactly how much training they all would need. She knows for herself… well she doesn't need training at all! She's at the top of her game. Heck, she could probably show some of the teachers a thing or two!

Of course she doesn't say that out loud.

When Greer motions to her, immediately Spider-Woman returns the finger guns and in her head she exclaims 'BANGBANG AH AH AH AH'. But only in her head. "Thanks!" She exclaims excitedly, seeming delighted to be singled out in such a manner.

Looking towards Nemesis, Spider-Woman groans inwardly. She really isn't a fan of killing… she often feels bad even hurting the bad guys. Even if they are trying to separate her skin from her body on most days. This sort of thing could be a deal breaker for her..

DM Post 5A Settling in

As soon as questions are done, Dr. McCoy starts showing you around. On the first level there is a sizeable restaurant sized kitchen, tables & comfortable seating. There again is an oddly formed seat that seems to be made for Creed's normal form with his name on it. Next, there is the library, again, a large room with plenty of books, rather like a small town library, though not quite that large. There is a television room, comfy chairs, couches. Televisions and a very large selection of headsets and remote hearing sets . Lastly, on this floor there is a computer room, a dozen state of the art desktop computers and as many laptops.

There are four elevators, two sets of two and a set of stairs that lead downstairs. Second level down is where you find the living quarters. Everyone present has their own bedroom. It's pretty sizeable, one bedroom each, with a small kitchenette, bathroom, bedroom and living area. There are a few rooms with two twin beds but these are the exception, and mostly will be claimed by staff. The rooms are all decorated by theme, at least mildly. Ships, cars, old rock bands, eras like the fifties, Victorian, Sixties, that kind of thing. They all have programable virtual windows, complete with appropriate smell.

Next level down, metahuman capable gymnasium, pool. There is a large padded sparring area like an advanced tech boxing / wrestling wring. Shower and locker room area, a one size fits all arrangement with handful of private rooms.

Last but not least, the bottom public floor has laboratories and science rooms, as Stark once said, it's like candy land !. Also on this level this groups version of the Danger Room. This one is virtual, designed by Dr. Richards, Dr. McCoy, Some nice people from Wakanda and Dr. Charles Xavier. McCoy is especially proud of this one and goes into some tech detail about it, which most will find ... boring.

DM Post 5B things best left unsaid

Three of the staff hang back from the others, Eden, Fandral and Melinda May. They stand together, but aren't saying anything that anyone could hear.

EH " They are all who they say they are, some are a bit surprised."

F " What about the odd looking fellow ? "

EH " Personally, I'd be careful at least at first, something of a dual personality and while the right personality has control... most of the time..."

MM " I've studied the files presented. The young man Grady has potential, still likes to learn. Walker, seems very well trained, we'll see if we can't teach him a trick or two. Miss Tseng I might have to call in someone special for, at least once in a while. Dr. McCoy has asked to work with Tigra himself, he seems to think their style might be similar enough. I will work with the Spider, Fandral, perhaps you could work with Creed and Nemesis ? I might ask Mister Rand to work with Mister Walker. "

They all seem to nod knowingly at one another and break up afterword, rejoining the group.

As Creed made his way inside he was careful not to break anything. But he was noticeably curious in almost everything he saw. He had seen nice places before in tv segments or videos. But standing in a place like this made him feel like he was on an alien planet. And for once, he didn't feel that out of place. He seemed to be lost in his curiosity and started to wander. He smelt the kitchen and smiled as he recognized similar spices he used to use. Looking at the dishes he smiled recognizing the smell of a meal eaten and enjoyed "Maybe i could try cooking again" With a rumble he slowly walked with the group. He tried to pay attention at least in part. He took note of the library and respected how full of books and possible escape it could give. While also keeping up with technology and having places dedicated to that as well. But his eyes and focus was drawn to the surroundings both smell and sight he found unfamiliar.

Though he did find the living set up curious. If he had to share with someone that might be more than he was in for. But he was already here. The worst he could do was break something or leave. Shield already has a tracker in him. Creed huffed as he started to neglect the cloak on his form. He eventually left it completely behind on a seat labeled for him as the group passed. He shivered at first as his plates felt odd touching the air when not covered by his mental comforter. Yet felt an odd sense of ease as he felt welcomed for the first time after his change. Pushing forward Creed opted to take the stairs. Seeing the cramp space he scurried down the walls matching the speed as he followed the sound of the lowering elevator. Though he didn't notice till after doing so he made some dents into the wall. Quickly moving onto his feet he hoped nobody would notice. He could already see Banners face of 'Why? Just walk' all over again "Even though your not here Banner you know McCoy. He probably would do the same heh" He said as he tried to look his best as 'innocent' of any wrong doing.

Creed let a smile out but it turned to a awe struck. He glanced over the room seeing the pool and training areas. He had never been allowed to use such areas given his difficulty to not cause injury. But maybe he could work off steam without hurting people now. Creed looked over to Dr. McCoy. Then to the pool. Then to the doctor. Pool, Doctor, Pool, POOL. Each time a grin grasping his features "Cannon Ball!" Creed crouched priming his legs to jump and smiling at those by him he pushed his body above everyone and curling his body into a ball he crashed into the water with a resounding splash. Giving a satisfying rumble he uncurled once under the surface and started to swim. Like a crocodile his side ways motion guided his path. His tail adapting slightly for a small fin like arches to the otherwise normal tail. Once breaking the surface he let out a chuckle at the doctor his head above water. Almost like a playful kid would test a parents limits "Sorry doc, been in a white wall room most of the time. Pool was to much to resist" With that he dives again using his armor as a weight he rests at the bottom of the pool.

@Gands
Dr. McCoy's articulate answers to her questions didn't do much to add to what Chen already knew. Still, he had the impression of competence and the problem this team was meant to solve must, by its nature, be difficult to solve. Otherwise, the Avengers would already be done with it. The notion of going up against factions of people who used deadly force was...intimidating to say the least. Chen had never been in a life or death struggle, ever. But these people and their weapons existed and would endanger a lot of lives. If she could help neutralize that capability, wasn't she obligated to?

The other staff Hank introduced further calmed her nerves. Their instructions had a pedigree, a history of excellence. Surely that training would be valuable.

@Michale CS
Tigra's entirely reasonable concerns resulted in Chen nodding along. She hadn't quite gotten to 'Are we a suicide squad?' but the question of competence ran very close to her own thoughts.

And again, Hank's answers mostly reassured her. The administration here had a plan. Following it would make everyone more successful.

@Nomad-22
Nemesis hadn't particularly caught Chen's attention to this point but the "treatment of enemies in the event of capture" question immediately snagged her focus. She blinked at the open display of a sidearm and the woman's admission of her intent to kill.

@Soverign
And the shapechanging monstrous hulk of a mutant further added concern. How could she claim to be on the side of angels, with demons on her team? To say nothing of the implied split in personality this particular mutant obviously suffered from. How could anyone who switched morals and possibly memory of the situation be useful in the field, no matter how strong?

@Gands
The tour of the facility's living spaces went well enough. She'd been to enough corporate buildings to appreciate the amount of money obviously invested in this place. Great emphasis was placed on team downtime, it seemed to her. Her own private room pleased her, for Chen hadn't had to share a room since college. Not that she had a great deal stateside to fill this space with, given her intent to keep most of her things back in her condo.

As for the team-building components of the facilities, well, no question they were equally lavish. She looked at the fighting ring with a bit of trepidation.

By the end of the tour, Chen's picked out her bedroom and chuckled at Creed's antics, though the laughter had more of the nervous quality of someone laughing because she didn't know what else to do.

When all of the instructors rejoin the main party, Chen turns around to face them before nodding her head in appreciation. "A fine facility. We look forward to enjoying it. When will we begin? Do we have training scheduled for today or tomorrow? Or do you have a mission in mind for us already?"