At then introduction of the library and computer rooms accessible for the group, Nine separated from the rest, quietly as they could manage. No time like the present to research this storm of new information. First, Dr. Trask; Nine had met plenty of doctors before, but no Trasks. Whoever they were, Dr. McCoy made them sound awful important. Nine had to use their phone to figure out what the Nixon Administration was, but couldn't find any connection between the two entities. Given that this was some secret government site the group was inhabiting, there had to be more thorough information here.

Beyond that, it sounded like the people here expected the group to go on some dangerous, questionably legal escapades. Nine had tricks under their faux-sleeve, but even in the arena of pro-mutant vs. anti-mutant conflict, information was still king. Nine decided the best use of their time was researching the various entities around the world that had strong sentiments one way or another towards mutant kind.

tigra-banner-jpg.200288

When Greer motions to her, immediately Spider-Woman returns the finger guns and in her head she exclaims 'BANGBANG AH AH AH AH'. But only in her head. "Thanks!" She exclaims excitedly, seeming delighted to be singled out in such a manner.
Tigra grinned at the reply. Yeah, she was young, probably younger than me by a bit, but she has her shit together, she thought.

Later, after the nickel tour of the place, she went to seek out McCoy, as he seemed to be the most simpatico of the staff present. Fur? Check. Animal nature? Check. Science-y type? Check. Though admittedly the Doctor had seven PhDs and she just had a Masters in Bio Sci.

Creed let a smile out but it turned to a awe struck. He glanced over the room seeing the pool and training areas. He had never been allowed to use such areas given his difficulty to not cause injury. But maybe he could work off steam without hurting people now. Creed looked over to Dr. McCoy. Then to the pool. Then to the doctor. Pool, Doctor, Pool, POOL. Each time a grin grasping his features "Cannon Ball!" Creed crouched priming his legs to jump and smiling at those by him he pushed his body above everyone and curling his body into a ball he crashed into the water with a resounding splash. Giving a satisfying rumble he uncurled once under the surface and started to swim. Like a crocodile his side ways motion guided his path. His tail adapting slightly for a small fin like arches to the otherwise normal tail. Once breaking the surface he let out a chuckle at the doctor his head above water. Almost like a playful kid would test a parents limits "Sorry doc, been in a white wall room most of the time. Pool was to much to resist" With that he dives again using his armor as a weight he rests at the bottom of the pool.

Greer leaped out of the way of that splash, avoiding most of it, and frowning at her soggy shins. Immediately, she went to find a towel and sat in a lounge chair to start toweling herself off. She never went as far as licking her fur clean and straight, well, not recently anyway. Besides pool water tasted ucky. She gave a quick thumbs-up to Creed before he went down the second time to show there were no hard feelings at the splash.

"So Hank, what's the plan? We're probably going to go through some sort of assessment, and maybe then go through some team-building exercises, yada yada... before we get tossed directly into the line of fire, right?"

@Camleen @Gands @Soverign

Nemesis pretended not to notice the way some of the others were looking at her. Concealing the gun, she thought.

Haven't they been listening? It's kill or be killed.

These humans of the future continue to puzzle the Armenian. When Creed more or less displayed his split personality Nemesis got in a defensive position in case trouble erupted. Having been a ravager she had encountered many killers and hardened criminals. Creed reminded her a bit of the former but his other side appeared so almost...gentle.

Relaxing her stance after things settled down the bounty hunter walked with the group as they toured the facility. It was interesting to say the least. The kitchen and dining place seemed more luxurious than she was used to. Upon seeing the library, it caused Nemesis to pause.

My cousin Davit loved books and to write. This would've been paradise for him.

For a moment she could see Davit wearing his glasses while smiling as he came down the path to the village. The memory of it caused the mercenary to briskly turn away from the library. The television and computer rooms did not interest her as much due to having lived with galactic tech already.

Upon coming to the living quarters Nemesis tilted her head in question. The rooms were spaciest, more so than she had known as a peasant. Yet their styles and decorations were mostly unfamiliar to her. She grunted in annoyance, preferring her own quarters back on her ship, the Kohar.

Once at the gymnasium Nemesis at last, smiled. Good, I want to stay sharp. Especially for the fights to come. Subsequently Creed jumped for the pool, causing a great splash. The merc jumped back and muttered.

"What is he a giant child?"

Further examination of the pool caused her to grimace. Memories of almost drowning resurfaced. To get her mind off it and to avoid the labs, Nemesis decided to try out the gym, rushing toward the ring and jumping inside. Removing the cloak, she then drew her dual Kree swords. The blades proceeded to glow with green energy.

Getting in a combat stance in the ring's center with the weapons crossed together at shoulder level. Taking a deep breath she then swung the blades down vertically. Followed by a hortionzal slash from the left side then the right and repeated. It went on for several minutes before Nemesis spun with a high kick in the air. The bounty hunter landed on both feet.

Last edited:
Drake Lasket

It seemed that for once, he didn't have to ask the questions as everyone had covered that field. He would be the first to admit that he was more than happy with the kitchen and the prospect of Bobby cooking for him there. It wasn't quite home, but it was something that felt enjoyable to him. He would eventually head back to see if Bobby had met some food. He was hungry after all.

@Gands

Dm Post 6ish. First week.

Note posted that first evening as everyone is moving into their new digs.

Welcome to the base. This week will be primarily for assessment and simply getting used to new things and people. This weeks part time staff will include Bobby Drake, Clint Barton and special guest Johnny Storm. Breakfast in the dining area between Seven AM and Eight AM. Combat assessments start in the main gym for the next couple of days and will switch into the Danger room later during the week. Be there at Nine AM and be ready for physical activity. Transportation manager Steve Carter will lead those who are interested in stretching, Tai Chi and Yoga in preparation for the rigorous assessment period.

Here are your training and physical assessment personnel for tomorrow.

Spider Woman & Wasp

Sunfire & Johnny Storm

Red Cloak & Melinda May

Tigra & Dr. McCoy

Korvus & Melinda May

Nemesis & Fandral

Mimic & Jubilee

Apex & Fandral

Nine & Eden Haller

Try to remember, the purpose of the physical assessment is to test what you can do, what skills you have, not to beat the tar out of our staff. All staff will be present during these tests.

After assessments, lunch in the dining hall. Then two hours of light physical activity as a cool down period. Personal time between three thirty and five thirty. Dinner at Six.

((( So a week will pass, with a number of sparring sessions, Danger room sessions so that the staff can understand what training our heroes will actually need. Feel free to inquire of me about specific sparring sessions if you want to mention them in your posts. Eventually all the characters will be challenged by the various staff members through the week. )))

(( They will find their cars, motorcycles etc. are in the garage along with a suitcase for each of them except for Creed. Courtesy of Dr. Strange. ))

• Sweet
Reactions: Epiphany
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus week one.

The first assessment sparring match with Melinda May was eye opening for young Grady. He was very strong, pretty fast and had some training in how to fight. That being said, Melinda May opened up his mind to learning by peppering him with shots. They didn't hurt him, but they were getting under his skin. Annoying his over inflated opinion of himself. He did get a lick or two in, but had been pulling his punches afraid of hurting his all to human trainer.

Overall, Grady had a good week, mostly friendly, subconsciously trying to avoid Nine though. He spent a little too much time looking at the ladies in the group and mostly relaxed listening to music in the entertainment room or swimming.

tigra-banner-jpg.200288

Greer cracked her knuckles and stretched. "You ready for this, Hank?"
At his nod, Tigra lunged right in for him, hoping for a speed blitz. It sort of worked, but she found herself at the receiving end of a judo throw. She landed on her feet of course, Just in time to duck Beast's swing, driving her open palm underneath his armpit, putting him off-balance, and followed up with a scissor hold, trying for the Sambo-style takedown that was Romanov's signature move, but she found he was fast enough to grapple her so she ended up essentially riding piggy back as he had her legs pinned down to his chest.

As he tumbled back, aiming for slamming her to the mat she arched her back almost impossibly far and her hands landed firmly on the mat, finally getting enough leverage to lift Beast over her and down towards the mat. Swiftly, he let go and tucked into a roll as Greer did a forward tuck to land on her feet.

"Just when I think I've got you, you come up with another trick."

"The benefits of experience, my dear."

This went on for another ten minutes until both of them were winded, neither gaining a clear advantage. That's when May held up her hand and stared intently at Greer. "You stalemated Dr. McCoy for ten minutes. I'd say that establishes a baseline for this assessment."

Greer looked disappointed, but McCoy looked relieved. Ten solid minutes of sparring at that level had awakened a lot of old sore spots.

She shrugged.
"I'm going to go find Creed. He seems fun." She hit the showers briefly (in non cat form because wet fur takes forever to try), then wandered the facility searching for the cannonball-inflicting mutant. At least she thought he was a mutant, or mutate...

@Gands @Soverign

• Love
Creed / Apex Week One

Creed lunged with his claws going for the Asgardian. Even though he has size and strength on Fandral the warrior had speed and a level of grace he hadn't experienced before. Slashing at the target Creed's goal was to restrain and disarm Fandral while his instructor had a simple task. Avoid, Evade, and Escape. Creed had adapted his face to have a chitin face mask covering up his fanged maw. The two had been sparring for at least an hour this day and though the two looked completely different they had something in common "You cook it for twenty minutes? Any seasoning?" The Asgardian parried his scythe like claw then jumped back "Well you want to cook it right ya? Seasoning is key. Salt, Pepper, and anything you may want to try. But don't be sacrilegious lad" Creed lunged with his clawed hand closing around his thin blade only for it to be pulled out with absolute ease "Will keep that in mind Chef" The pair danced with each other and soon Creed was panting and stopped. Popping his joints Creed looks down at Fandral "That good for today? Or do we want to push it?" Fandral smiled sheathing the blade "Why of course! But if you want to help cook later be my guest. Might want a hand here and there especially with all the new mouths to feed" Nodding Creed felt so tired this go around. He had been training and even cooking with Fandral his amounts of biomatter was lower than normal. He usually ate nearly his weight in biomatter every week or at worst a few days. With this training it only used more and he ate only a fraction he should be.

Creed slowly departed the training area and had a brief swim to remove and sweat or other materials he could have created while training. Like sweat in his body could form other liquids to lesson specific outside forces. Fires and burning substances could have been a worry so he could produce such chemicals to lesson fire on his body. But thankfully he only had a few substances.

Once dry he made his way up to the seating area next to the kitchen and found his seat. Laying his head down he curled up on the seat using his cloak like a blanket. He may have really lost focus or who was around him but he relaxed as best he could.

Walker glanced over the list of names and saw "Red Cloak" next to Melinda May's name. He looked down at himself and assumed it was referring to him. Walker scratched his head trying to recall who Melinda May was before it popped in his head. He slammed his fist into his palm as the epiphany came to him, but he didn't really know much else about the woman.

"I believe she is shorter than me..."

~ The Next Morning on the Gym Mat ~

Walker, already dressed for a fight, stood with his arms crossed as Melinda May secured the wrappings on her hands and feet. The woman then assumed a position Walker was unfamiliar with, but Walker returned the gesture. Both opponents could read the unsettling confusion in the other's face as they assumed their stance. Walker slowly pulled up his face mask as they locked eyes waiting for the starting bell.

"Definitely shorter than me." Walker mumbled as the starting bell rang.

Melinda wasted no time and moved as quick as she could to get rid of Walker's reach advantage. She shuffled forward, throwing kicks and punches, spinning her body to add to the force of her blows. Meanwhile, Walker remained calm and still, bobbing and weaving around heavy arching kicks and deflecting, quick hitting punches. Then Melinda's stance changed; she started to maintain a low profile, used kicks more often, and these new kicks packed a wallop albeit slower.

Walker was surprised, but knew he had the advantage in terms of physiology. He tanked the blows and used it as an opportunity to land a kick in her side, pushing Melinda back to her side of the mat. Melinda was quick to her feet, but Walker didn't waste his chance and was even quicker to reach her. He landed a clean blow to her shoulder and then another to her side before she was able to start deflecting his attacks.

Melinda quickly sought a way out of the corner she was in and using her smaller stature she rolled to the side as Walker threw another jab. She then tried to deliver a kick while his back was turned, but Walker dodged it. Reading her movements through Melinda's shadow Walker then parried another incoming kick with one of his own, sending Melinda's leg down faster than she was prepared for, and then landed a quick jab to her face. Melinda went stumbling backwards, but caught herself expertly in a flip onto the rope of the ring.

The fight's pace changed completely thereafter. Melinda was out for blood as she delivered kick, after kick, after kick before switching into a different style of combat to deliver some nasty combination of attacks. Meanwhile Walker was forced to play defensively as he could never take the offensive with the frequently changing styles being thrown at him. This however ended up working in his favor, allowing him to play the opportunistic style of combat he was familiar with.

The fight ended after 20 minutes of brawling when Walker raised his hands in surrender.

"I think that's good." Walker said.

"Yeah." Melinda said taking a deep breath.

Walker then walked over to get her water bottle and hand it to her. "Here. Good fight."

Melinda nodded back to him and Walker stepped off the mat headed for the dining hall. He didn't exactly eat, but the social interaction couldn't hurt.

~ Dining Hall ~

Walker didn't really know what to do here. He saw Creed, what looked like sleeping, on the counter, but no one else. Walker then just sat down in the nearest seat. He had to be at least a table's length from Creed as he didn't know how to interact with Creed. Walker was typically a quiet guy.

@Soverign @Gands

• Thank You
Reactions: Epiphany and Gands
"So, like, what's the hot goss around here?" Nine was prodding Eden with questions that ranged from inconsequential to invasive, all the while trying their best, 'float like a butterfly,' impression.

Nine continued, "Unrelated, but are you seeing anyone right now? I'm asking for a friend." As Nine did their best to dance just outside of Eden's reach, Nine started filtering in seeds of sloth, past Eden's mental barriers. The quicker Nine could wear Eden out, the better. Ideally, the fight would end without Nine throwing a punch.

"What can you tell me about the people in charge here?" No harm in trying to gather a little intelligence.

"Which do you think is more my color; red or blue?" Nine pestered, switching the tones of their skin and clothing between different shades of red and blue, while mixing other colors in, to see if she was really paying attention. And hopefully, Eden would be tired enough at this point that the rapid color switching would be disorienting.

~ Dining Hall ~

Walker didn't really know what to do here. He saw Creed, what looked like sleeping, on the counter, but no one else. Walker then just sat down in the nearest seat. He had to be at least a table's length from Creed as he didn't know how to interact with Creed. Walker was typically a quiet guy.

OOC: Feel Free to have Walker "walk in" on this conversation, as he and I did an aside in a discord PM as a collab. Where we left it is a good time that's not awkward for someone to add in to the conversation. @ShiroKiyoshi

tigra-banner-jpg.200288

Fandral had just popped back into the kitchen and Creed was just outside of it in the dining area, relaxing after helping him with lunch, which featured both tuna sandwiches and sushi (apparently there was a sale on fish or Fandral just felt like buying a lot of it.)
This naturally got Greer to show up early for lunch, sauntering up to Creed, not in her usual bikini, but in a gauzy green dress.
At this point Tigra didn't know that Creed had been helping Fandral with the cooking, as she usually arrived a little late for most meals. "Early for lunch too, Creed?"
Creed smiles as he relaxes "I mean an option just walked in. But i just ate some of our own cooking"
She cocked her head to one side. "I sure hope you're flirting because the alternative is far less pleasant."
Creed chuckles "Not very great at it but yes it was an attempt." as he gives a smile thanks to his lip seems more human.
Fandral however is wiping down the counter giving an audible chuckle. "For such a big guy you're kinda a klutz"
Creed only laughs at the remark.
She moved over and sat by him. "I mean I appreciate it, but, are the right parts under all that armor plating even?"
Greer winked. "Asking for a friend."
Creed slowly lowers his head looking her in the eye "I bet your friend has probably experienced many a fun time. But i can be whatever size needed." He gives a wink.
"You're spending too much time with the Asgardian, you're taking up his flirting ways. Not that I mind."
She gave the model head-toss and fluffed out her hair. "A girl will always take compliments."
"He is giving me advice. Though some if it can be questionable."
Fandral rolls his eyes. "Bacon doesn't need to be on everything"
Creed slowly opens his clawed hand and places it before Greer "Blasphemy." He then generates a tufts of fur. Similar to hers but is a deeper crimson "I find your fur quite noticeable. Even at the announcements it was hard to miss ya."
"Well... to be honest I do have a normal human form, I just don't prefer it. I got the good side of being mutated,I guess, especially if you don't count the fact that my ex-husband experimented on me without my knowledge to give me the first powers I got..."
Creed slowly pulls his hand back and tilts his head at her "Your husband did this to you? A terrible thing to happen. The only solace i have is this was an accident." He says gesturing to his dense armored chest "But though it may not be the thing we chose. We can make the best of it ya?"
Creed has a look of worry at what Greer said about her husband yet is hopeful in his comments.
"Ex-Husband, heavy on the EX. Well... it's a long story. He experimented on me and gave me my catlike reflexes and some of the strength and eyesight... later I was out doing the vigilante thing and almost died, zapped by some strange gun that a bad guy group, AIM, had and... well there's these people among us who are actually cat people, and to save my life they gave me this."
She tapped the little cat-skull amulet being used as a broach for her dress right now. "...and it magically transformed me into the gorgeous creature you see before you. I'm told I would have died flat out if I were fully human and zapped by the gun AIM hit me with, so I'm... a mutant, a mutate, and have magically granted powers?"
"Sounds and looks like a gorgeous creature indeed." Creed gives a thrumming sound in the back of his throat and looks at his arm as he alters it. On a molecular level he alters it the hard chitinous armor sinking into the arm replaced with muscle, thick hide, and the crimson red and black fur he had shown before. His claws remained but instead turned dark black as the chitin changed a a keratin "Maybe the fur would look nice. I wouldn't be able to compare to a fair huntress like you of course. But maybe less of a monster indeed."
"Fur works for Hank." Greer said. "So..."
She turned to face him, sitting astraddle the bench. "You said accident. I'm interested. Intrigued even. How'd it happen?"
Pulling his hand back it began a slow change back. Not as sudden so it costs less. Creed got quiet for a moment then took in a deep breath "I was working in my restaurant. It was after whatever calamity happened. Then someone left the gas on on or it was leaking. I was making food and....." pausing Creed looked at his hand feeling the chitinous claws show themselves again "The gas caught and my home exploded. I thought I was dead and by the time I got consciousness again it was three years later. Apex was born in that time."
Tigra pointed at him a few times. "That's another thing I want to address before it gets out of hand. Is this a sort of disassociative personality disorder, or more like the actual split that Banner has... had?"
"He is and isn't me. When i said i was unconscious for three years my body wasn't idle. A personality went to survive and he called himself Apex. He is his own personality. But sometimes wants to say hello. Like when he did with Hank. "I can keep him under control at times but... when things get bad and i lose it he takes over. I try to be nice. He is the brutal survivor."
"Oh..." She blinked. "And... you're in control?"
Creed nods showing his eyes he blinks as they go from blue, to red, returning to blue again. "My body might not change but my eyes always dictate who is in control. They are the windows into the soul after all."
"That's a bit scary. But I don't scare easily."
At this point Fandral sets down a Tuna Salad Sandwich in front of Greer, who quickly turns her attention to that.
Creed lays his head on his arm and rests as she begins to eat. "I will try not to scare you then. But when you meet Apex be strong. If he knows your afraid he is an ass." He says, chuckling.
"I'm not afraid of him. He's not as strong as you." She said with all honesty, meeting his gaze. "If he were stronger he'd be the one in charge."
Creed smiles and chuckles a bit more confidently "Don't let him hear you say that." after a few moments he looks at Greer. He had seen beauty and as a young man fancied beautiful of mind just as much as body. As he watched her he kept finding himself staring and tor his eyes away only to returnt o look at her a few minutes later.
"You're an all right guy, Creed. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Greer offers.

@Soverign @Gands @ShiroKiyoshi

She had to admit… they were nice digs. And as true as that may be… Spider-Woman isn't so sure she could ever be 'at home' in this place. Feels to much like a military thing for her taste. Well… kind of military. Maybe the same way G.I. Joe is 'military'. Perhaps more accurately, she sees this place as inviting as a hotel might be. Sure it's nice, nice pool and all the gadgets one could want… but it's not home.

First day comes, goes. Spider-Woman keeps mostly to herself. Oh she's present for everything, for all of the activities. But she keeps quiet, she keeps her distance (both physically and emotionally). She would occasionally chime in, but only when directly addressed. She can be rather anti-social… especially with everything she's been going through these passed couple months. But more than that… she has been watching everyone. Trying to get a feeling of what everyone is about…

The assessment time now arrives. And Spider-Woman seems… eager. Maybe ready to show off? Usually that's true, actually. So when Wasp arrives at the training area, Spider-Woman is there waiting for her. She kind of hops up and down from foot to foot, and as Wasp approaches Spider-Woman motions to her "Hey, heard ya wanna rumble. Come get some!" She says as she thrusts her arms up into the air "Woo!" Wasp just grins and shakes her head. Her helmet closes as she now speaks "We're just doing an assessment, Spider. We need to figure out where everyone stands." Spider makes a dismissive motion. "Come oooooon. I'm awesome! Oh, is it an awesome meter?!" Just as she says that, Wasp seems to disappear completely. Spider-Woman's eyes widen as she thrusts her hands forward, sending lines of webbing where Wasp was. She then crouches down abruptly and flips backwards, vaulting hand over foot hand over foot and then landing in a low crouch. "Ha ha you missed me! I win! GAH!" She abruptly gets even lower, showing off her incredible dexterity as she dodges another grasping attempt by Wasp. Launching herself upwards, she doesn't come down. She clings to the ceiling, and then 'jumps' down from it landing in a 3-point stance. Wasp reappears, turning back to her normal size in front of Spider-Woman. Who of course speaks (that's her main power) "Ya think they wanted us to fight cause we're both bug themed? Is that racist? …. buggist? Is that buggist." Wasp once more shakes her head and thrusts her fists towards Spider-Woman. But just as she starts that motion, Spider is in motion. She vaults backwards as Wasp fires a volley of stunning blasts at her. With the grace and elegance of a dancer, Spider-Woman weaves between the bolts of energy as she moves back. She lands on her toes then, her arms held down and out at her sides, her palms flat. "Wow, did you see how incredible I was?" But she blinks, and looks around.

Wasp is gone.

Spider-Woman's eyes go wide and she starts to lean forward "Oh shi-!" She is suddenly slammed to the floor, landing with a loud thud. Wasp once more changes back to full size, her knee in the middle of Spider-Woman's back. "…. okay that was pretty cool." Wasp nods in agreement and stands fully, her helmet retracting into the neck of her costume. "Yep, really was. Good job, girl." She holds her hand out to Spider-Woman, who grasps it and pulls herself up. "I think we have enough of a baseline on ya now. Go get some food, okay?" Her tone towards Spider-Woman is a tender one, a warm smile upon her lips. And Spider-Woman nods as she thrusts her fists into the air. "FOOOOD!" and immediately vaults towards the entrance, Wasp watching her go…

Compared to virtually all of the other heroes recruited for this new team, the mismatch between Chen and Johnny Storm becomes obvious within the first minute of their exchange.

Like the others, she settles into her quarters and joins in the introductory activities with a keen interest and the kind of sharp, focused attentiveness that comes from spending years in school as well as practicing law. Chen graciously accepts the opportunity to join Steve Carter's Tai Chi and Yoga activities to get a sense of the relative flexibility and athleticism of her fellow teammates (at least, those who show up). For her part, she's surprisingly fit and very limber and manages through the whole pre-assessment workout like a woman already warmed up.

That edge initially grows once she's paired up with Johnny Storm. The older, more experienced member of the Fantastic 4 is taller and stronger but a few exchanges of blows demonstrate Chen's a fluent practitioner of Wushu who has obviously sparred with taller, stronger men. She's more than able to hold her own. And thanks to a lifetime spent not fighting super-villains, she lacks any of the injuries and general long-term fatigue that afflict any mutant who doesn't have enhanced strength or stamina.

Then it comes time to test powers. Johnny Storm first sets up a practice target and asks her to shoot it. Chen lifts her hand, points a single finger and a thin jet of superheated plasma ignites the air before bisecting the target, instantly setting it afire (and scorching the wall behind it). With an appreciative nod, Johnny sets up a sensor unit embedded in heat-resistant concrete. Another tongue of sunfire washes over the stone, at which point she confirms this is the 'lowest' setting she knows how to do. By this point, Johnny chuckles and steps into the path of the plasma, which makes even less of an effect on him than it did on the heat sensor. Incrementally, he asks her to dial it up until the whole room is impossible to see due to the sheer radiance of Chen's plasma output. By the end, she looks a bit tired and Johnny rubs his chest with an appreciative wince.

That's when he ignites himself, followed by Chen doing likewise a moment later. He tests her out with a splash-back of flame, cranks the power and nods once. Now that they know each other's measure, Johnny Storm takes to the air and begins exchanging fire vs. plasma with Chen.

It's at this point that it becomes obvious Chen has never used her powers against a living target in her life. Between Johnny's speed in the air and his skill at dodging, not a single shot of hers lands. When she launches into the air after him, the two whip around the room in an increasingly violent tornado of sunfirey doom. Until he banks, she doesn't, and Chen crashes headlong through a wall. Her aura appears to have protected her from being killed but the impact knocked her clear out.

Shaking his head, Johnny mutters something about having his work cut out for him.

The rest of the week falls into the same cadence, where Johnny tests her reflexes, durability, stamina and her facility with her own mutant powers. It helps that Chen's in great shape and has made healthy life choices up until this point. But it's painfully obvious that, outside of hand-to-hand, she's new to every danger or combat scenario they come up with in the Danger Room.

She's the last one into the kitchen area where everyone else has assembled by the end of the week, and she looks weary enough to just plant herself in a chair and sit there, listening to the conversation but mostly just seeming a bit dazed by it all.

Nemesis adamantly refused to use the quarters offered to her. The mercenary had a private discussion with the staff to instead continue to live in her starship. It was with mixed feelings that she learned they already got the Koher inside the garage. On one hand it saved her a trip to retrieve it but on the other they flew the vessel without her knowledge.

Following a heated choice of words about the latter, Nemesis checked her ship in detail several times to make sure it wasn't tampered with. Fortunately it was proven not so. When not training or eating she would often be found staying around the garage in her spare time. Any observers and the establishment's cameras would note Nemesis constantly tinkering with starship throughout the week.

Onboard, she laid on her bunk without the mask. In the darkness the electrical stitches on the mercenary's face glowed red. For a moment she thought back to yesterday's spar…

Flashback

Nemesis slung her practice blades toward Fandral's head. The blond bearded Asgarian with centuries of combat experience skillfully evaded the strike. With a wink he swifty counter-attacked going with a thrust with his sword. Parrying it Nemesis attempted to elbow him in the face but instead he caught the arm. Shocked, she was thrown across the mat.

Rolling back up the gun for hire spotted her opponent standing his ground and bowed. "Come now, my dear. We both know that's not all you got." He remarked with a confident smile. In the face of that challenge Nemesis suddenly pointed toward a table in the far end, causing it to lift in the air before tossing the object toward Frandal's back.

The Warriors Three's swordsman, dodged the side while the table crashed into pieces. But as he did so Nemesis charged at him while distracted and jumped with a kick aimed for the chest. Fandral at the last second slide away and commented.

"Almost had me there. Care to try again."

Pausing for a moment to catch her breath Nemesis nodded. Then they both got into a combat stance, opposite of one another…

Present

The mutant exile grunted in amusement at the memory. Frandal was annoying with his womanizing ways but he is proving to be an excellent combat instructor. Guess there is some truth in those stories about Asgard's warriors after all. As soon as she had that thought her stomach growled.

Nemesis got up and was about to put on the helmeted mask but stopped. For the past week she had often avoided showing her face to the others, usually taking the plate of food and leaving. But honestly it was getting rather tiresome, especially with the staff's continued insistence for her to dine with the others. She then sighed heavily.

"Fine let's get this over with."

Several minutes later Nemesis entered the cafeteria, in her usual makeshift gear except for the mask and the hood was down. Anyone looking would quickly notice the semi-glowing scars etched all over the woman's face and neck. Her short black hair was messy and the dark eyes intense with a guarded expression.

Approaching the food stand, Nemesis reached out with the left hand and immediately an empty tray flew toward her. Catching it she followed with silverware then a water bottle. Finished, she proceeded to get some Lyulya kebabs that were prepared for her. Without thinking much about it, Nemesis sat next to Chen while the others talked.

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus

Grady had watched the days sparring. In his own mind, everyone looked better than he did. He was frankly impressed with all of them. Having a couple of large steak sandwiches on his plate, he wander around briefly to each table, complimenting his team mates. A little bit shy with the ladies. Nemesis because her attitude seemed... unfriendly or scary ? Chen and Spider Girl because he thought they were very good looking. Not that way with Tigra for some reason, though the furry woman was quite sexy in his opinion. Some reason she just felt easier to talk to.

A nod to Chen and Nemesis of them..."Great job ladies!".

He did not notice Nine, which was just as well, he still didn't quite know what to make of her.. him... it...

He walked by Spider Girl. "You looked really good too Spider Girl ! (under his breath) Totally spiked the awesome meter!"

He moved over to the martial artist guy, Red something ? Walker was the name he remembered.

"Hey Walker ! My name is Grady. I could use a few pointers with my fighting skills, and while all of you folks seem to have a notch or two up on me, I think I'd feel comfortable learning a trick or two from you. I don't know if you might be interested though. I was going to sit over by Creed and Tigra, why don't you join us ? Frankly, I think it would be cool if we could talk and eat, you know, like a family dinner !"

Grady was still in his green leather fighting suit, a knobby wooden staff tucked into his belt. His hood was peeled down and his fancy goggles now around his neck.

When Grady approached, Walker lowered his hood and mask, raised a brow and glanced up at him. He listened for a moment before standing and facing Grady. He wasn't going to say it, but Grady's lack of training raised questions for Walker. The organization he had blindly followed made some odd choices. Now, Walker may not have been speaking, following the golden rule of, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it all", but he was staring intently at Grady. Walker was also aware of it. It slightly amused him to put people on edge.

Finally, after a long silence, Walker said, "Sure. Whenever you are ready I will wait outside this building at 8:00 pm. I will wait exactly 1 hour before leaving."

Walker then looked up to where Grady and Tigra were sitting, "It's been a very long time since I have had a family dinner though. It's a nice thought... Well, then after you." Walker gestured ahead for Grady to take the lead.

@Gands @Michale CS @Soverign

Reactions: Soverign
tigra-banner-jpg.200288
Walker then looked up to where Grady and Tigra were sitting, "It's been a very long time since I have had a family dinner though. It's a nice thought... Well, then after you." Walker gestured ahead for Grady to take the lead.
"Well well, if it isn't mister G.Q. and.. ahh... I don't really know you yet. Walker, wasn't it? Some digs, huh? I've got a feeling I'm going to very much enjoy the downtime here..." She looked between Grady and Walker, giving a wide smile to both.

Creed rumbled in thanks at Greer's compliment. It was strange. He had felt compliments before from Banner in his recovery and adjustment time. But that was something different. The only think he could attach to it was a councilor with his very rage educed personality disordered mutant. This seemed like.....coming from an equal. He wasn't lesser and for once he wasn't activily feared for what he was. This may be the best choice he has made yet. Pulling himself from that moment he looked at a tv. He hadn't had much time to keep up for shows or really any entertainment so the fact Netflix was something so massive and had everything was impressive. As he tapped the remote very gently he watched a show that was rather dark but otherwise was....interesting. He had watched a few shows while cooking earlier and one form caught his eye. Looking back at the two newcomers Creed smiled as he shifted
1604024082733.png
"I mean teaching you.....maybe teaching you to be adaptable" Though he was new to this form Creed felt his body and it was lithe compared to his normal armored form. This one held little to no armor where he was heavily armored before. As he shifting finished he lays his now bladed head now on the couch aiming to not cut Tigra or the fabric. He stood of similar height as before but he relaxed once his muscles and body set into the form letting out a sigh of relief "But other than combat and tactics......I could maybe cook a good meal. Better than the Asgardian over there" The now cleaning Fendral scoffs jokingly "Don't go thinking your so spectacular above all. Odin knows I don't need a young Thor in the battlefield yet alone the Kitchen" He says muttering the rest of his sentence to himself.

Looking over the two Creed tried to make sure he didn't unnerve them. But he assumed if he was going to unnerve them he would have done it already. The now lizard like creature looked at Tigra "What shall we do eh? Do you two want to share about yourselves?" He asked not really wanting an answer, nor expecting everyone to be so open as Greer, he just wanted to mean well. As he spoke his tail moved closer and he forgot the end was bladed 'Well, cutting when i cook just got easier' He thought to himself jokingly

• Sweet
Reactions: Michale CS
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus

Grady stares back at Walker as the other man seems intent to back him away, then as quickly seems to start talking.

" We could just use the parking lot I think, or even the gymnasium. I would just like a few pointers, I am not asking you to beat me to a pulp. I think you might find me fairly resilient. "

He then goes to sit down with his meal, steak, potatoes and sautéed mushrooms. When Creed asks who will start...

" I suppose I can. My father was a hit man for a mob. My mother was . . . well, lets just say she wasn't normal and the source of my abilities. When I was seventeen, I was traveling with my father and the car we were traveling in was struck by a semi. He died in the explosion. it is assumed now that this is when my own abilities started to work. Because what should have killed me did not. I was still in the hospital for a long time and walked with a limp a long time after that. I was about to get into college when the . . . when people vanished. It was when we all came back that my mother found me and decided to explain things. I've had a bit of training, not as much as most of you folks. I don't get hurt easily and if I do, I heal quickly. If you people don't think I can hack it, which Mister Walker seems to. I'll take that as a hint and leave, get on with my life. "

"Regardless, I'd prefer we go forward with this outside." Walker said in rebuttal to Grady's suggestion.

Walker followed behind Grady to their other two team members where they were greeted warmly by both Creed and Tigra.

"Yo, that's me." Walker said with a simple wave.

Since getting wrapped up in all of this Tigra has proven to be a very kind soul. Walker appreciated that Tigra took the edge off the eerie nature of what they were doing. Creed's general well-being was also a good boost to Walker's mood. However, Grady then spoke again. Walker listened intently, a genuine smile on his face as he was enjoying the companionship, but as Grady left the subject of his life and threw a diss in Walker's direction the smile grew wider and a wicked laugh was thrown into the mix.

"Well, you're not wrong." Walker said with his arms outstretched. He then leaned on one arm and poked Grady's arm firmly. "But, if you'd like to change my mind you don't do it by bad mouthing me in my face. I made a promise so I will be where I said."

Walker then got up and waved to Tigra, nodded to Creed, and thanked the Asgardian for the meal he did not eat before promptly bowing out and vanishing in a plume of black mist.

@Soverign @Michale CS @Gands