tigra-banner-jpg.200288

Near where miss Greer was trading verbal jabs with the opposition, an older man made his way her direction. He had been lucky enough to have quite a career. Scientist, inventor, and Mutant Superhero over the years. Lately, he as well as his friends in the business felt the need to do something. Things seem like they were getting out of hand. So, certain people were maneuvered here with the hopes that they might do the right thing.

View attachment 200460

He was in a much less recognizable form, one without his customary blue fur. There was a faint, trace scent of that form that Tigra might make out if she herself were in a more furry form.

"Salutations! Do I detect someone usually from the East Coast ? "

"Is my accent that apparent?" Greer turned to face the man who addressed her.
He smiles widely, "Not really, I happened to be good with languages, including English ! Are you enjoying the... event ? "
"Other than the attack of the Karens, it's fine so far." She shrugged. "You seem... familiar somehow. Like I should know you." Tigra looked him over, getting a faint bestial smell, even in this form.
He chuckles, " You know, some people have the relaxed look and the business look. I usually wear a distinct blue. "
Greer grinned an impish grin. "I'm a fan of orange and black myself." She replied with a chuckle of her own. "We've went over this before. I'm perfectly well-adjusted, I am not looking to be coddled, and most of my... unique talents do not come from a genome I may or may not share with you."
" I think coddling you would be going the wrong direction. Have you thought perhaps why Stephen Strange brought you here of all places ? " He placed one hand on his chin and looked at her like one of her professors in college.
"Why does that man do anything? He reads the tea leaves and sends people out according to his intuitions. I know he wanted me to be here in a less... subtle way but I saw these guys and was like nope Not stoking that fire. If things go down I'll certainly step up but I'm not going to be the... cat-alyst of it all."
He laughed, getting the chemistry and cat double entedre joke. "Wise, I think this is considered a setting, an example of a direction many of us wish to redirect. Without being overly political, the world needs certain people for a higher calling. "
Ah. There was the other shoe. She sighed. "And here I was going to angle for a job with the county or maybe at Kaiser. Use the change of coast as a way to drop off the radar. I thought this was a short-term gig from Stephen, but I guess that's not the case. You want to fill me in?"
" A group of us, in the business believe something needs to be done, perhaps by people who can do things... under the radar. Do the right things... Many of us though are already too public to make that path work."
"Listen, Clint offered me a spot on his team once upon a time and- Wait. Under the radar, how? I don't have to have my pretty face plastered on national TV and social media then? This is covert?" She was halfway through denial when her cat-like curiosity betrayed her.
"Perhaps only a hope on our part, but given the Accords... We believe there should be a hand in the game that isn't controlled. That maybe can act with guile and stealth. Using cunning instead of brute strength. "
She shrugged. "Does it pay? I've been living off my last paycheck from CVS and my credit cards for the last five days."
"It is my understanding it includes room and board, plus spending cash. I myself intend to play a part, helpful, mentor style part. "
"...maybe a friendly spar? I'm really curious to see who has the edge in speed, strength, and technique." She smirked a little at him. "I mean, when all this dust settles."
" You know Madam, I am as old as the hills now, though my body doesn't show all my years. I'd give you speed, call it even on strength ? and give me the edge in experience and tecnique. Hopefully we all have space to learn!" He fanned his hands out, arms wide.
"Still... it'd be fun to give it a roll."

@Gands

Last edited:
As Nine comes out, she bumps into a well dressed man. "Aah, just who I was looking for! My name is Stephen Strange."
There is another man with him who looks considerably less well dressed.
" Murray, keep an eye out while I talk to this person"

Before this Stranger has finished talking to his compatriot, Nine has silently began probing his mind, looking for any information they could use against this man, in case things turn sour.

Nine then sticks out their hand, smiling, resting their other arm across their back.

"Nine, at your service," they wink. "I'd be lying if I said having someone 'looking' for me didn't make my heart skip a beat, but you're awfully handsome, and your scruffy looking friend does make me feel a bit at ease."

"You do have something in your teeth, though, Mr. Murray."

Last edited by a moderator:
Creed had tried to get the cloak back on properly but it was little use. The roars of anger and fear of him were not a surprise. But what did surprise him was the young one who approached him. He defended him and he guess was a mutant or gifted individual. He simply slapped the man who had tried to incite attacks or at the very least ridicule against him. Not many had done this before so it was a welcome feeling to have another not want to hurt him "You are taking a risk defending me" He said partly wanting to accept him as a friend as he had refereed to Creed. His voice was understandable and even could sound human. But it held unmistakable growls, snarling, and hissing pronunciations making even conversation peaceful a battle. Not aiding in this effort Apex now was interested both jostling for primary control to speak. The mind wanting to have at the crowd and display his strength. Only to be shoved down by Creed "However i thank you for your assistance Walker Royden Grey. I hope i can change the ways people see me. But even if they don't. This sanctuary can be a place where image doesn't matter" As he spoke he had just gotten a smell of someone he knew. Looking back his tail moved out from under his cloak as he spotted the green figure.

Bowing his head slightly he gave a small nod "Hello Doctor Banner. Yes.....after our last talk i have had it under control. But......he still wants control often" Apex had been a constant issue and Creed often needed help controlling him in his early days. Who better to have helped him then the superhero who also dealt with a similar affliction. As he looked in Banners eyes Creed's natural green twitched and when he blinked they were red a new tone coming in his voice "Hello Doctor. I remember our 'talks'. I miss those days. Mind if we go right-" Creed forced the words from being spoken and his eyes returned to green. He took a breath remembering when it was so much worse "My apologies Doctor. I should have better control over him"

[ Meeting 001 ]
[ Creed - 0257 ]
[ Dr. Bruce Banner ]

"This is Dr. Banner. I am going to speak with Creed 0257. I have been given clear information on what has been discovered by the agent closest to him and why i am needed. From my view it is similar to the personality affliction i endured with the hulk. When we were separate. However this is different somehow. Apex is very aggressive and sometimes sadistic tendencies. I will meet with Creed in one minute and hopefully decide a plan of action" As he sat there in a circular room the hulk sized doctor read the data pad. The room was the most secured one in the facility and meant to keep whats in it from leaving. It was a risk but the meeting was needed.

As the door opened and Creed was entered. Eyes flashing wildly from green to red but never staying on green for more than a few moments. While red seemed to be more dominant. The creature known as Creed/Apex was strapped to a wide and tall plate and moved to be vertical at where the same distance the other chair would be from Banners. Snarling and looking wildly he hissed like a wild animal a roaring voice barely heard through the rage "Who are you weakling! Let me out so i can rip you apart!" Only stopping from speaking to roar in utter hate. Banner took a breath "This will be a long talk then" He motioned for the others to leave. Then began his talks. Hopefully over time he could bring the man who once was Devon Creed back from the brink. Apex smiled a toothy grin at him as he cut one of the restraints "A long day indeed" Banner said placing the glasses on the seat as he readied himself.

[ Present ]

Creed kept his head bowed slightly for a few more moments then looked at the gathering crowds "Do you think it wise i remain Doctor?" He asked almost like a child. He had barely entered the adult world fully to be considered a full adult. Yet ambitions and hopes kept him going then. He looked to others for strength since now the only powers he had were to take life and survive. But the buzzing of activity was now in its throws. He watched as enhanced and humans alike gathered. Some angered and some wanting a home. Enduring a fully body adaptation the obsidian crest and colored chitin armor thickened and soon the horn on his head was slicked back so only smooth wide plating covered his head. His arms grew wide plates as well and as he looked out if any danger were to occur his instincts he had to train in himself would kick in. He would look down fitting the crest on his head into the arm plates completing a dense chitin shield. It made him slow yes but with the added muscle and more to carry it he felt safe at least. A thick armored tail also adapted to help counterbalance the heavy front end of his body and increased bipedal leg muscles. The cloak fell away from him and he knew there was no hiding now. He had his defense. He just hoped that he never had to use it. Instead his green eyes looked over the shield plates of his arms trying to look less intimidating or at the very least hide from their stares. If he had a choice he would not be here, he would be in the darkest cave instead of here.

Thfr16z.jpg
From her little part of the ceiling Spider-Woman watches those below. The gathering grows bigger, and more diverse. Her hood dangles a little from her head as she hangs/sits upside down. Upper body arches back, her fingertips and toes the only things making contact with the ceiling. "Oh yeah… that rally… Jeeves did remind me. Then I forgot. Then he reminded, then I forgot again." She shrugs her slim shoulders as she watches the goings ons below her, the voice she speaks with being little more than a whisper.

"Seems big ugs has a big friend."
she whispers as Banner approaches Creed. Clearly to her Banner sticks out. Because… I mean look at him. "I bet I could beat'im in arm wrasslin. Imma ask 'im." She says with a nod.

Sadly, her mask doesn't have air filtration activated as yet, so she gets a noseful of something… just awful. Spider-Woman's body stiffens, and then she crouches lower to the ceiling. "Oh God did that smell come outta me? Am I gonna die?" She says softly, slightly more than a whisper. But a gasp suddenly comes from under her mask as she hears a voice, a close voice. Her gaze shoots towards Kurt, and in her mind she curses her once more unreliable early warning system. Although.. maybe it wasn't activated due to the fact there is no immediate danger. Wide eyes narrow as he continues to speak, and her eyes shift left and right unseen under her mask. "Hey, stop copyin' my gig, brah. I'm tha official wall crawler for this county." She says with a nod. Her hand whips to her right and a nearly invisible line shoots from under her wrist. It affixes to near the vent she had entered from. She grasps the line with a twist of her hand "And dude, take a bath. You shtink." Her body suddenly unclings from the ceiling and she falls a moment before tugging on the webline. She is slung towards the vent, landing above it as she drops the line. "Yeah, I didn't like that either." She says in a whisper, slinking outside of the building now.

"Hey I got the whole lone wolfspider rep ta keep. Especially from peeps that look like they wanna borrow my soul're somethin." She says as she slinks up the side of the building, now crouching at the ledge of the roof. She stays low, looking at the crowd gathered outside of the building. "This place is hot… feel like somethin bad's comin.." She says as she shakes her head slowly.

@Gands @Soverign @ShiroKiyoshi
The arrival of the Hulk of all people astonished Chen, to the point where her mouth literally fell open a little. Avengers had existed in the world for years now, of course, and the Snap had given everyone exposure to a life less ordinary. But knowing other Enhanced existed intellectually was different than laying eyes on one. His presence and interest in talking to the hulking monstrous-looking Enhanced in the shadows had to be a good thing. If the man lost control, surely the Hulk could handle it.

@Gands
When the agent/handler accompanying the Hulk made a pointed nod and a 'Miss Chen' for a greeting, Chen simply raised both eyebrows in response and said, "Miss...?" with that trailing off sound prompting the other woman to introduce herself.

At which point the name 'Eden' was supplied by...a particularly stand-out couple. A black woman with a white mohawk and a uniformed white man with red glasses? They couldn't be...

When Ororo introduced herself, the well-dressed Chinese woman accepted the offer to shake hands. "Chen Tseng," she answered, by way of introduction. "Although a number of you seem to know who I am already..." her eyes drifted back to Agent Eden over there before fixing back on the unusual pair. "I am a lawyer specializing in contract law and international human rights, but I suspect you know that too. Is your inquiry in connection to a particular case or are you a potential client?"

And as she asked her questions, Chen made a point of taking a few steps away from Walker and Creed, repositioning herself so their discussion would be at least a bit more private. As private as being in an open floor plan warehouse with staff, Enhanced and a crowd of protesters outside could be anyway. Did they know? If they did, how could they know? She'd been so careful...

Drake Campbell

Murphy's Law was a funny little thing when it came down to things. Drake had expected the crow to turn and there to be a huge fight that he would have to take part in. He expected to find his date here with the villains. But here was the thing. Murphy's Law sometimes worked against expectations and worked in strange and mysterious ways. For example, the last thing he expected was for a good looking guy to ask if he was Drake. See, there were exactly two things Drake was bad with, 1) surprises and 2) guys he found attractive. So, when a surprise man who he found incredibly good looking asked if he was Drake, he froze. His mind raced in a million directions.

" Yeah, uh, I'm Drake. It's uhh...nice to meet you Bobby. Why are you looking for me?" He asked, looking at the ground. Oh god, why did he sound worse than a school boy? Why oh why was it this always happen with cute guys? Stay cool. Stay cool. It wasn't like things could get worse. Of course, according to Murphy Law, he should have known that asking that question often resulted in worse things happening as he would attempt to move a bit closer to see the picture and proceed to trip and literally fall into Bobby's arms. Well, there went all his cool factor. Hopefully Bobby had a sense of humor. Drake could only hope.

From Nemesis's high up perch, she spotted a small group of people in the crowd. One was dressed as she is, exactly, but with a hood up and in the company of Doniss Fell, her prey. Among this small group is a tall black man with an eye patch who seems to look up at Nemesis in her hidden perch.

View attachment 200465

Sure enough Nemesis spotted her quarry through the scope. Doniss Fel like the rest of his species could pass for a human by appearances mostly. Yet the merc paused, spotting the person beside and thought. What is this madness?

Before her view was someone who bore her exact likeness. Tensing at the sight of the imposer Nemesis realized something was wrong. It was more or less confirmed when a man in dark clothes with an eye patch looked up at her hidden location.

They're expecting me!

The realization struck like a punch in the gut. Her first instinct was to get as far away as possible. Yet she stayed and considered the situation. If their intent was ambush she wouldn't have gotten this far as much the ravager would hate to admit. But what exactly is the whole purpose of this?

"Feel like I've been fooled and it's infuriating."

Still a sense curiosity grew within Nemesis and she moved away from the vantage point. Concealing her rifle underneath a beggar's cloak the hunter made her way down. Minutes laters she strolled toward the eye patch man from behind and whispered in the helmet filter that masked her voice, sounding more robotic.

"You have my attention."

Last edited:
By Nine, the man sometimes known as the Sorcerer Supreme looks at Nine curiously. Her powers of telepathy don't get much aside from a feel of the word recruitment and a deep abiding sense of duty to this world.

" I am Dr. Stephen Strange Nine, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am hoping to talk to you about a possible future for you. Could you walk with me for a few minutes ?"

The mans body language and Nine's continued watching of his mental outlook doesn't betray any negative or threatening emotions.

Nearby, the man called Murray frowns and checks his teeth.

@BrokenWings

Inside the largest hall of the facility, Dr. Banner holds his hand out for Creed / Apex. They walk deeper in, a bit away from the noisy crowd. Bruce looks over in the general direction of Walker Grey. " You may come along if you wish Mister Grey. Your heart seems to be in the right place."

" How have you been since the last time Mister Creed ? I have convinced some friends you might be of excellent use in some plans and I'd like to present them to you if that's alright ? "

Not far from Gwen, the heroes attending this event try plan B...

Suddenly about six feet away...

1594701178888.png

"Last time I appeared too close to you, got my suit all full of that nasty web stuff of yours" Hope smiles at Gwen. This isn't the Hope from her own world, but the two are now acquainted as this hope has helped Gwen with some technical advice.

"Sorry about Kurt, Night-crawler, he is a big fan and wanted to at least say hello! " Wasp sits nearby, her helmet on.

" I know you are a person that prefers to work alone Gwen, but I have a proposition for you. . . "

@Camleen

Near Miss Chen, Ororro and Cyclops walked with her. Ororro was far more personable. Cyclops mostly kept an eye out, watching the area around the two women for trouble. Ororro did reach out and shake Chen's hand.

" I do believe Miss Chen that significant explanation is due to you. My friend and I are part of a group of current super heroes who work hard to do the right thing. Our leader is telepathic. It is his opinion, that you are very special. We are hoping you might want to use your talents, legal and otherwise to assist with an equally special project ? "

As Nemesis is close by and reveals herself, Nick turns and faces her. Nearby, his girl Friday, Eden Haller a Mediterranean woman wearing some sort of armored agent suit, sunglasses and a hood is standing nearby and casing any of the crowd that gets too close. Curious people seem to forget they were curious and wander the other way.

" I don't know your earth born name miss, but I know a surprising amount about you. We have contacts among the ravagers now. They are careful not to come to our backwards little planet. You are from Eastern Turkey, of the late Ottoman Empire. Just past World War One and before the end of that Empire. You are working as a bounty hunter, independent. I am told you are extremely good at what you do. My name is Nick Fury, and I am high up in a couple of planetary counter intelligence agencies. This is Eden Haller, she is one of my..... Administrators. (He smiles at this, as if it's one of his own private jokes. ) I think your home-world, is going to need your services soon Miss Nemesis and I'd like to convince you to help us. "

@Nomad-22

By Drake, Bobby is watching the other young man as he seems to fall apart, tripping and falling forward into Bobby's arms. One of Bobby's ear buds falls out and Drake can hear an old Bon Jovi tune. " It's my Life!"

"Wow there, you okay ? My nickname on the dating app is Jack Frost, I think we had a date today. But I didn't expect to find you here. I think we were supposed to meet after lunch ? But I could be wrong. "

Not far from Bobby, there is a woman that seems to be scanning the crowd.

1594704785670.png

"You should get your boy inside Bobby, crowd is getting Edgy"

Not entirely far from where Chen and her two new friends are, Grey, Creed, Banner... Four more people walk in. Tigra in her human form, Dr Hank McCoy in his more human form. Grady Murtaugh, aka Korvus with his new friend Clint Barton, they seem to be talking in a very friendly manner, the occasional joke and quiet laughter.

Another face in the crowd, watching the armored figure way up in the sky from one edge of the crowd. Another contributor to the new facility. A Chinese man, wearing ten rings and an exquisite suit...

1594705207399.png

• OMG
Reactions: Michale CS
By Nine, the man sometimes known as the Sorcerer Supreme looks at Nine curiously. Her powers of telepathy don't get much aside from a feel of the word recruitment and a deep abiding sense of duty to this world.

" I am Dr. Stephen Strange Nine, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am hoping to talk to you about a possible future for you. Could you walk with me for a few minutes ?"

The mans body language and Nine's continued watching of his mental outlook doesn't betray any negative or threatening emotions.

Nearby, the man called Murray frowns and checks his teeth.

@BrokenWings

Nine continues to smile, placing their hands behind their back, and turning to walk beside Doctor Strange.

"Oh my, a doctor, hm? For little ol' me? It must be important."

Nine keeps an eye on the crowd, as long as they can, subtly changing their height so their eyeline is just barely above the good doctor's head. Content with their reading of the Doctor, Nine's concerns return to the building anger of the protesters.

"And what part of my future interests you most, Doctor?"

A telepath. One who apparently had the range and ability to both notice her in general and then to specifically look inside her head to see what she was, what she could do. ...Well, maybe. Before blind panic completely overtook her, Chen took a moment to collect herself and think it through. Maybe he knew what she was, maybe he didn't.

He knew something, though. 'You are very special'. 'Use your talents, legal and otherwise'. By any reasonable standard, he probably knew she was a mutant. Probably something more, for that matter. Some mutants didn't have anything resembling a useful ability. Ororo's word choice suggested they knew that she did. Unless this special project was more on the legal end, and being able to demonstrate any kind of mutant ability would provide...credibility?

Who needed a lawyer who was a mutant? Another mutant was the obvious answer but any lawyer could probably serve that role. Unless the mutant in question didn't trust normal people. Perhaps the leader of this team needed a lawyer they could trust and only a mutant lawyer would do. The next question was how well their preferences were known. There were a few mutants who were public figures, after all. If the public caught on that she'd been approached by a mutant who only dealt with other mutants, that was as good as confirming her nature as well.

She definitely needed more information before agreeing to anything.

"Of course, I share the gratitude people around the world have for the super heroes among us and the fine work they do in safeguarding our lives and freedom," Chen said with a small, diplomatic smile. "If I or the company I work for can be of service, I'd be happy to discuss terms concerning that service. It would help if I knew the name of your leader and their background?" Another smile as she added, "He's had the time and means to look into my record here in the States, it's only fair I have a similar opportunity to research prospective clients."

"Or were you hoping I was free to meet with him right now?" Chen thumbs up her phone to access her calendar and hums thoughtfully. "I'd booked the next few hours to spend time looking into America's pioneering efforts with its Enhanced population but I suppose I can pick that up another day. What's convenient for them?"

There. Nothing incriminating in anything she said. Keep the conversation sounding like this was a professional consultation. These two had at least a little discretion but there was no telling if America bugged its facilities the way China monitored their own. And given diplomatic relations between the two countries, there was no telling what the American government might do if it learned a Chinese lawyer on its soil had the power to level buildings.

Thfr16z.jpg

Eyes narrow under her mask as Spider-Woman watches the crowd below her. Her head peaks up only barely over the ledge. What a crowd. What a weird day. Weirder than usual. She had started so easily, bagging Dratini. And then some kinda weird demon guy showed up outta nowhere… Weird.

And the day is young!

With a gasp Gwen spins on her heels and her fists extend in the direction of the sudden voice. Eyes widen as she curses her unreliable alarm system. But turns out it wasn't needed. "Ms. Van Dyne…" she says softly, her hands lowering slowly. Glancing towards the ledge now she stands slowly, her gaze drifting back towards Janet. "He's a fan? Of me? Huh… I didn't know… I mean I didn't know I had fans'n all…"

Gwen would admit feeling… weird… around 'this' Janet Van Dyne. She's far removed from the Van Dyne in Gwen's world of origin. In that world, Janet was one of the first and one of the most famous 'heroes'. Right up there with Captain flippin America! And it was Janet that created Gwen's advanced webbing system… which had once more been augmented in her time here.

Yes, unbeknownst to all but a small handful, this Spider-Woman isn't of this dimension. It's a thing she keeps to herself. And it's not exactly the sort of thing that comes up in conversation.

Now her head tilts to one side with Janet's words, her hood draping to one side. "Uh…" she says dumbly at first. "A Proposition? Do you need help with somethin? You been givin me all kindsa good words, so I wouldn't mind breakin some rocks for ya." She says with a thumbs up. "Oh and let that KurtCrawler fella know I said thanks, and I'm sorry."

Creed found himself uneasy as Banner was speaking to him. Though having moved inside it made Creed a bit more calm. He had adapted a full body modification and as Banner offered his hand Creed placed his clawed hand in his. He shook the doctors hand and pulled his hand away so very slowly like Banner was made of glass. His sharp digits and carapace always being a risk to those around him having extreme care was one of the main traits. Creed looked down as he considered Banners words "Doctor i will be honest. I am doing good but as you heard earlier Apex sometimes gets control for a few moments. As for presenting me.......why would you require me? I tried the science side of things with you doctor. And though i enjoyed them i would rather not catch fire again" Creed said cracking a small smile

[ Meeting 008 ]
[ Creed - 0257 ]
[ Dr. Banner ]

"Its alright take your time. Just hold it" Said the doctor as he sat with Creed. It had taken several visits and more than enough injuries to reach the second mind within. And Banner had finally done it. Though he had no way to relate to him other than the issue they both experience. So he had tried to his strengths. Creed in his school years was an athlete but had interests in math and science. Though if his record said anything the athlete and cooking side took priority. Creed was in his base form having made a five clawed hand holding a vial of green liquid "What is it?" Banner smiled "Its your bio......blood? It's incredible, like you are. It may be a terrible thing what happened in the past but nothing to say you can't make a new mixture and become something new" Creed took his green eyes off of the vial "So you want me to swallow it?" He asked completely unsure of how to go about what the doctor asked. Banner gave a smile "Well we have a small portable lab. Want to just make something?" Creed moved closer to the Doctor though an instinct Apex had grown told him to be hesitant. He was being told to back away. But forced each step closer.

It was like having weighted feet and your muscles were against you. Two pilots at the same wheel. Once reaching the table Creed looked at the green doctor
"So what now?" With a calm and kind attitude Banner helped Creed and even preformed a few experiments. Though they would bring unexpected results. As Creed had grabbed a liquid from another vial growing confident as the hours went by his grip loosened with the comfort. And soon the burner exploded in fire the flames latching onto his arm with a strange ferocity. In utter panic Creed had internally cut the arm off entirely. It dropped in a burning mess at the shoulder and Creed backed away holding the healing wound. In response to the intense heat his body manufactured oils onto his body in a slick coating. An attempt to douse and prevent the flame from spreading further on him. The arm burning faster than flesh should. And within moments it went from a possibly dangerous threat to a withered pile of charred bone and ash. Banner helped Creed to his seat and got something for the pain. Though the memory would never leave him.

As Nemesis is close by and reveals herself, Nick turns and faces her. Nearby, his girl Friday, Eden Haller a Mediterranean woman wearing some sort of armored agent suit, sunglasses and a hood is standing nearby and casing any of the crowd that gets too close. Curious people seem to forget they were curious and wander the other way.

" I don't know your earth born name miss, but I know a surprising amount about you. We have contacts among the ravagers now. They are careful not to come to our backwards little planet. You are from Eastern Turkey, of the late Ottoman Empire. Just past World War One and before the end of that Empire. You are working as a bounty hunter, independent. I am told you are extremely good at what you do. My name is Nick Fury, and I am high up in a couple of planetary counter intelligence agencies. This is Eden Haller, she is one of my..... Administrators. (He smiles at this, as if it's one of his own private jokes. ) I think your home-world, is going to need your services soon Miss Nemesis and I'd like to convince you to help us. "

@Nomad-22

Out of the corner of her vision, Nemesis noticed the Mediterranean woman who stood by keeping curious bystanders away from them. A bodyguard perhaps. A part of her hoped the stranger wasn't Turkish. Quicky Nemesis' attention came back to the man with the eyepatch who spoke.

The ravager tensed up as Nick Fury revealed what he already knew about her and how. How is this possible? I don't recall knowing any Terrans in the ranks of Alatia's clan. They're well informed that much is certain.

At the mention of the Ottoman Empire in past tense, Nemesis' hands squeezed tightly. While for someone like Nick Fury it was no more than a historical footnote but for her it was a name she hated even though that regime seemed to have died out.

Flashes of a burning village and people screaming in terror as gunfire rang out in the night and blades cutting through human flesh filled her mind… Stop it, stop it! Nemesis thought, struggling to force herself to stay still or else lose control. The ravager managed to hear Fury's introduction of Ellen Haller as one of his administrators.

It was a very confusing title the survivor concluded. When the spymaster finally got to the point Nemesis titled her hooded head in reaction. Subsequently she gritted her teeth and snapped.

"Earth is no home of mine!"

The bitterness of those words would be quite evident despite her mask's voice modifier. It was spoken more as a denouncement instead of denial. Given all the time that has passed since 1915 Nemesis now considered herself more as an alien despite her human blood.

Feelings aside she wasn't going to turn down the offer just yet until there was no benefit. Crossing both arms over her cloaked chest Nemesis added. "Give me a good reason why I should even consider your offer. It better involve payment because my services don't come cheap."

Last edited:
Reactions: Soverign