★ JUSTICE CITY ϟ A SUPERHERO ACADEMY RP ϟ IC ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
iDTcfUh.png

★ DELILAH, DARREN, CHARLIE, MAXWELL, AND DASH ★

Dash sighed, loudly, letting it pass across his lips in staccato beats. "Thanks, Charlie, but I got it," he responded to her request to help him up. He propped himself on his elbows. It was then a massive shock wave passed through the heliplane, and he fell backwards. His eyes caught a gaping hole in the side, and Collins and them getting sucked out. He went to yell, but then there was an explosion and the heliplane went careening.

Dash lost sight every as he smashed into something--someone-- and then into the side of the plane. He caught out of his peripheral of the massive structure they were about to mash into. He squeezed his eyes shut and activated his powers, as he was at the point of impact, to provide a fleshy airbag. A nasty shock passed through his back, and he felt the others possibly fall into him. Something hit him, anyway. As soon as the plane ground to halt, he considered shrinking back down, but who knew what would imbed in his back if he did. He inhaled to ask if everyone was okay, but only pulled in noxious smoke.

They say when you're facing certain death that your life flashes before your eyes and you're met with a sense of both accomplishment and regret. That images pass through your mind of all the things you could have or should have done... They say the whole experience takes mere seconds, but survivors never forget.

The only thing that passed through Delilah's head as the ship dove into a wild spin was how she should've just smoked that damn cigarette...

Crashing wasn't experienced without fear, however, even in someone with little care for much at all. As she fell forward, smacking the side of her head on the ship's inner paneling, she blacked out for a few seconds, and coming to, she was met with a foggy, gnawing weight in her stomach, an irritating concern for not just her own life, but those around her. Peeking one eye open, the other glued shut by blood seeping down from a small gash at her hairline, she squinted through the black haze of smoke... Her element, but not so much the others. Shutting her eyes, she focused through the dull throbbing in her head and opened a palm to direct the smoke upwards, into the domed roof of the ship.

"Everyone okay?" She groaned, when she had cleared the air, pressing her free hand to her forehead with a grimace.

"They're gone..." Came Charlie's whimper of a response. During the crash, she had careened into Dash, and eyes closed, clamped shut against impending doom, she had clung to him as tightly as she dared. Now, the ship wedged dangerously against the side of the new construct, wavering back and forth perilously, she clung still, her diminutive form quivering as tears burned at her vision worse than the smoke had, "Everyone is gone..."

A harsh cough sounded in response, tinged with Maxwell's callous timber. He felt at the front of the ribs, gingerly noting how tender they were to the touch. He had instinctively reinforced his spinal section and the back of his skull upon impact to minimise injury, although Dash's new and rotund form had served to catch him. The rest of his frame ached, however, having had mounds of calcified material shunted from them and relocated. "Not everyone. We're still here, and others could have survived this. Dash, please don't move."

It occurred to Maxwell, that Dash's weight as a ballast may have been the only thing keeping the wreckage from falling off the edge.

The groan of metal against metal was enough to spring Darren into action. He wasn't about to let himself die by standing around in a teetering mangled heap of a former heliplane. With a quick assessment he maneuvered himself into the front of the plane, or rather what was left of it. Metal had twisted and crunched from the impact where the pilot once presided as if encased in something as malleable as aluminum. The glass of the windshield had broken away to reveal the interior of the building.

"Are you idiots going to just sit there with your thumbs up your asses or are you going to get out of this death trap?" he called back.

Dash paused. He was about to shrink down when Max spoke. There he was, in front of Charlie, looking like-- nope now was not the time. He wanted to argue that anything could be holding them into the side of the building, but if Dash had to give Max credit for something it was that Max knew his shit.

Ugh. There he was, too much of him, and all contained within a form fitting white body suit, and this wasn't even half the size he could achieve. It would be a humiliating moment if it wasn't so terrifying. "Then everyone get off the plane," he yelled, louder than he could usually do. As he had a lot more lung capacity now.

Rising to her feet, Delilah staggered for a moment, before steadying herself. Dash... the human pivot point in a see-saw of doom. It didn't take a genius, though Max would probably claim he was one for figuring it out, to gather what needed to happen and she wasn't going to waste time thinking it through, "As soon as I move, the smoke is gonna spread again..." Delilah noted, "So take a deep breath, Buttercup."

Finally unleashing her claws from his arm, Charlie stepped back, looking up at Dash with a small frown, pointing a gloved finger at him, "You better get off this plane, safe and sound, Dash..."

"Gotta move, Princess..." Delilah muttered, and Charlie gave Dash's hand a quick squeeze, before she turned, heading towards Darren and the cockpit.

"Ready?" Delilah asked, and without waiting for an answer, she moved, rushing for the front of the plane as well, the smoke cascading down in slow, dark spirals as she slipped from the fuselage.

Maxwell followed suit, marveling to himself as the smoke began blossoming outwards from behind them, whirlwinds of grey gradually converging. It would have been lovely if it wasn't so acrid to the senses. His pace quickened as he began to feel the smoke's caress upon his lungs again, fumes tearing at his eyes.

He stopped.

I guess I should probably…

And then he sighed, before momentarily grunting in pain. There was the sound of flesh and leather alike being torn through as a calcified protrusion of ivory white emerged from Maxwell's tailbone. A few more strands emerged from his sleeves, creaking as they folded and bent around the nearest building supports Max could find. The macabre rope of tailbone laid within the wreckage, halfway between Dash and Maxwell.

"That is about as far as I can go without literally making myself quadriplegic. Please… please only use that if you really, really need it. And try not to tug too hard."

Darren was safely out of the heliplane lending a hand to whomever made it out. Which…. was just Delilah and... "You," he called out to Charlie. "What's your name again?"

He turned back to the mangled heliplane and called out to the others. "Fucking come on!"

Dash considered flipping Delilah off, but he was distracted when Charlie squeezed his hand. He blushed, and immediately regretted it. Everyone that looked at him would be able to tell, considering how much face he had to blush on. He inhaled air as the smoke cascaded down, searing his eyes and clouding his vision. There were various voices, but Darren's yell was what alerted him that he needed to move out.

He shrunk back down, which usually knocked the wind out of him, but he couldn't take a chance with exhaling. So, he fought against that as he felt his body become more compact and weaker. As soon as he could, he bolted towards the exit of the heliplane. His lungs hurt and his eyes burned as he dodged the pieces of metal he could see.

The heliplane began to shudder and tilt, and Dash was running against an incline. It screeched and ground as it began to fall back. He increased his pace, but he was having a hard time staying alert. Pain seared through his leg as he cut himself on a piece of metal. Just a little further, he thought. The light was getting pretty damn brilliant.

There was one more metallic yawn and the heliplane dropped from the side of the building. At that moment Dash lept off the edge, but he didn't get much air with it. He reached forward, latching onto something white and rope like. He grabbed it tightly, exhaling and inhaling. That was when his sight returned, and he saw what he was holding.
"Ew," he said, repeating the word as he quickly scampered up the side of the building. Once he was over the ledge he released it and backed away from Max's bone rope. "Ew," he continued to repeat, flapping his hands in the air as if he'd just held the most disgusting thing possible.

It was unnerving, how fast her heart was pounding. Delilah wanted to chalk it up to the adrenaline of the situation, to her head wound, hell... to having hot sauce on her grits that morning, but the simple fact of the matter was, whether she wanted to or not, she couldn't ignore the concern building for the other members of the team. Dash was risking a lot to get them all off safely, and even the walking Jackass managed to toss a little heroism out there without being a raging douche about it.

It was with a surge of uncomfortable anxiety that she stood beside Darren, watching Charlie scramble through, watching Max pause... watching...

The ship lurched and Charlie screamed as it bucked away from the building, leaving a gaping hole. Through the fog of smoke pouring from the threshold, she could only just see Dash as he lept... Lept and grappled for Max's makeshift rope.

Oh my God. Oh my God...

For a moment, a horrifying moment, there was nothing but the hole, the sky beyond a manic, ironically bright blue. Then, like something out of an action movie, Dash appeared over the ledge and flopped back, releasing Max... and in the span of about three and a half seconds, ruining the Bruce Willis image that Charlie would have preferred to maintain, by squealing and flapping like a four year old with boogers on his hands.

Making a face, Charlie moved to his side and crouching down. Her eyes flickered to his leg and the idiotic display was forgotten as she zeroed in on the gash, "Oh, sweetie..." There wasn't much on her person, not much that would help, so with a frown she pried free both of the gloves, tying them together, then carefully... very carefully, she tied those around his thigh, securing it tightly over his injury.

With an eyeroll, Delilah called to the others, "Can we go, now... Before the whole damn building collapses?"

Thankful everyone made it out, Darren released a heavy sigh and shrugged. "Let them have their moment I guess," he said, and then muttered through the side of his mouth to Delilah. "Do you remember her name?"

With a snort, Delilah shook her head, "Names ain't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure it's not Princess."

Maxwell was distant, but he wasn't heartless. He had allowed himself a brief smile of relief as he felt the tug upon his tail-bone, and then abject agony - like a dozen hernias suffered all at once. Suffice it to say: he was never going to try this maneuver again. The sounds of O-o-h Child by the Five Stairsteps pervaded his adrenaline-ridden mind as he retracted his bones, calcified materials crudely patching up the open gaps on his body. A freebie for Darren if there ever was one.

"That was pleasurable for me." Maxwell stated as he gingerly joined Delilah and Darren, sarcasm perhaps far too hidden by his even-keeled tone.

Dash's attention drifted far from the fact that he'd just grasped Max's bone innards with an intimate tug to Charlie. She hovered over him and seemed worried about his current state. He went to say something but paused as she slid off her gloves and made a makeshift bandage. "But your gloves," was all Dash got out as she tightened it around his wound. The adrenaline in his body was still pumping, and he hadn't really felt the wound. Yet, that was not where his mind was. He was blushing, again. He willed it down. No one had to see him like this, especially after they already saw him all massive and… unattractive. Ahem, he thought. Back to square one. He weaseled himself upwards from his sitting position. He'd be limping until he used his power again. "Thank you," he said to Charlie.

That soft and sweet moment was interrupted by Max stating how he enjoyed the entire thing. Dash was immediately back to "Ew."

"Right. Is there any simple way down here, or are we going to have to scramble?"

Fighting the urge to roll her eyes once again, Delilah looked around instead, gesturing to what looked to be a crane and a few other ricketty bits of construction equipment, "Unless any of you can learn to fly, real fast… that looks to be our exit."

Frowning, Charlie followed Delilah's gaze, rubbing her arm, anxiously, "...Not exactly the most sturdy looking thing."

"Well," Darren said as he pat down his body. He wondered if he packed another cigarette all the while attempting to think of anything but the now tainted song Max was thinking of.

"While you guys focus on all the death traps close by made stupidly unusable by recent events, I'm going to take the stairs."

He gave a casual wave to the group as he turned on his heels and walked away.

Dash slowly pulled himself up. As soon as he put pressure on his foot, it stung--a lot. Shit. He'd be hobbling the rest of the way down. Well, if they could find a way down. There was a moment of confusion and then Darren stated that he knew the way down. Dash cut him a look.

"Didn't think they'd put ladders here. Especially with the sheer amount of super villains lurking around, threatening to throw attractive reporters off of things. But lead the way Darren the Builder." Honestly, Dash was ready to be through with this entire debacle and they hadn't even gotten to the reason they'd been called, yet. Today was one for the history books in the level of shit he didn't want to deal with.

He glanced over at Charlie. "So, you, uh. Didn't stare too hard right when I--uh--was, you know." He cleared his throat. "Because that's not me."

While Delilah followed after Darren, she tugged a pack of cigarettes from a small pocket in the side of her pants. It was a touch crumpled, but upon open it, she was only too glad to discovered that most of the sticks in side were unharmed. Tugging one out, she tucked it behind her ear - She could have used one, pretty desperately, really, but they needed to stay alert, and she needed to be ready, in case they ran into trouble at the bottom of the stairs.

Looking over to Darren, she quirked a brow, then held the pack out with a nod, "Might die out there…" Her eyes flickered briefly over to Max and once Darren had helped himself, she offered the pack to him, as well, "Damn the rules."

Charlie, meanwhile, looked to Dash with a small frown, taking in his question with a brow quirked upwards, "Dash… You probably saved our lives. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You know I don't care how you look. Listen.. if… If we don't make it, or well, if I don't make it through this, there's something I want you to know. You're a nice guy, Dash. Beneath that shell… and you really shouldn't try so hard to cover it up. I've spent a lot of time pushing people away, cause… well…" Looking at her hands, she shrugged, "You know. But I learned coming to Harkwell that you can't use your powers, no matter how rough they might be, as an excuse to hide from the rest of the world. Maybe you don't wanna show everyone who you really are, but… But I guess what I'm saying is, you should never be afraid to show me."

There was a stairwell located nearer the center of the building, crude, but sturdy. Darren slipped his fingers into Delilah's pack of cigarettes and pulled one out for himself before beginning his descent. "Thanks," he said as he stuck it between his lips. On the way down the stairs he pat over his uniform once again in search for his lighter.

Dash paused at Charlie's words. It was probably the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to him. Usually people were happy that he used his powers as he did. His parents were mortified about what he could do. As they said, it was quite ungainly. Yet, here was Charlie. She couldn't touch anyone for fear of killing them. His stigma shouldn't have been so great. Unfortunately, some part of him bucked against the notion of being himself all the time.

"Thank you," he said, smiling and he gave a wink. "And, look, maybe if we survive all of this and everything ends butter side up, I'll show you." Honestly, they were already injured, and he wouldn't be any good in his current form against a villain. She'd probably see a lot worse until she saw him. Yet, at the same time. His true form wasn't a super powered physique, but how he was supposed to look. Dash swallowed, hard, hoping that he didn't just dig his own grave. "You're a great person Charlie. And. I'd kiss yah if it wouldn't mean instant death."

It was then that he glanced to Darren, Lil, and Max, who were making their way down. "First things first, get on the ground. So, you know. We can fight people way stronger than we are.Yaaay~"

Blushing lightly, her smile a touch sad, Charlie shrugged, "If it wouldn't probably kill you, Dash… I might let you." Shaking her head, she gestured to the steps with a nod, before following after the others, "Come on…"

Darren was able to locate his lighter during their descent and lit the end of his cigarette almost as soon as the thing was in his hands. He offered the lighter over to Delilah. "Gonna need some junk food after this," he said with a huff of a laugh. "This shit is insane. Makes me wonder why I signed up for this."

Delilah's eyes flickered over to Darren, the edge of her mouth twitching at the suggestion with a small nod, and taking the lighter, she propped the cigarette between her lips and lit it, "Same reason I did, I guess. Hell if it makes sense, but it's better to have a purpose in this mess of a life."

Tucking the pack into her pouch, she glanced briefly to Max again, "So what's the plan when we hit ground, Great and Mighty Leader?"

"Maxwell works for me too, Delilah." Maxwell wasn't one for 'damning the rules', but he had accepted a cigarette nonetheless. "Need to look for the others - hero or villain - although we probably shouldn't split further. I'll keep a look-out from the air; maybe Darren can see if he picks up any residual thoughts from the survivors, if that's how that works. If we come across one of ours, bring them back into the fold. One of them? Regroup and we'll find something out."

"Sure thing, Sticks and Stones." Delilah answered with a smirk, "If anyone's hurt, send 'em my way. I can lay down some cover. Keep them out of trouble."

Dash exhaled. "And I can do some punching." It was the only thing he was really good at beyond flashing a smile to a camera and updating his Twitter.

Sometime later they were all on the ground, Dash took point as the "muscle," but he listened to the others as they made a formation that highlighted their talent. It was then a shadow blossomed above them. There were several scared, hiding civilians. They were going to have to fight...

Darcy's torso slammed against the side of the building like a bug against a windshield. He fell, dropping away from the building and scrambling with panicked hands to grasp something that would slow his descent. His fist closed around something soft and he jerked to a halt, swinging back against the building again. There was an uncomfortable tearing sound, and the banner he was holding onto sagged a few inches.

Sarah gently slid her left hand up along the edge of the fabric, loosened the grip of her right hand and began to gently pull hersel-

"Oh shit"

With a rapid succession of crackles the rip in the banner above her grew by another inch. Every time she or the two idiots below her moved the rip grew a little and by Sarah's reckoning the gash would only have to get maybe halfway across before the whole thing would give. The tear was a metre, metre and half above her. If she could just get a hand above it then maybe she could take some of the strain an-. Another flurry of movement from below her caused another symphony of breaking thread to ring in Sarah's ears.

"Oh really fucking shit" she exclaimed before looking down between her feet, something she regretted instantly. "If you two bellends don't start being really still right now I'll...I'll...I'll come down there and kick your teeth in, UNDERSTAND!"

Looking up for something else to grab ahold of, Darcy saw Sarah above and Miriam just to the side and a little below him. Rather than responding to Sarah's colourful yelling, he focused on not losing his hold of the banner. Which was getting increasingly difficult, and probably had something to do with the shrapnel shard sticking out of the back of his hand. Oddly enough he couldn't feel it, and only a small trickle of blood had started oozing from the wound.

The force of the explosion blasted Miles - suit, guitar, and all - into the open air, headlong into a window. The glass shattered, dumping him into a skid across the floor until his momentum finally ran out just shy of the opposite wall. Dazed with shock from the impact, he lay still.

Shawn had managed to successfully move herself in a slightly favorable position to avoid getting sucked out of the craft, when the head that had been lodged in the helicarrier exploded - while not as fast as some other speedsters, her reflexes still managed to take over, and she managed to land in a more favorable position - crashing through a window and into some office space. She didn't have much time to look around before quickly rushing to the window. She had to get to the fight!

However, in her scanning of the area, she saw that three of her fellow students were clinging desperately onto a hanging banner. Lowering her goggles from her forehead to her eyes, she cursed under her breath. It already looked like it was going to tear, and she doubted that she could do much to help them. Shawn glanced behind her to look at who else had landed in the building - she hadn't seen exactly who they were, but did notice a couple of flying shapes around her. Maybe someone else was more equipped to help.

Miriam was trying not to panic - even as the banner tore beneath her grip, and every inch of her body was frantically pulling her in different directions, she tried to keep her breathing low and her already sweat-covered hands from slipping off of the banner. I knew I should have learned that hovering spell, her mind whispered at her. But the banner was tearing beneath her hands, and it was all she could do to hold on.

Another pop sounded as the banner continued to tear. With flawless timing, Darcy lost his trembling one handed grip, and began to fall. He hadn't recovered enough of his breath after being knocked against the building to scream, but he flailed, rather dramatically. His uninjured hand latched onto something, and he stopped for a split second with his fingers strangling Miriam's ankle.

Then, they were both falling, the ground shooting up to meet them. I'm gonna die.

Or…. I could just teleport to the -

Instinct kicked in before conscious thought, and the next thing he knew, he was on his back lying on the pavement.

- ground.

Miriam was just trying to make a move to climb a bit higher, ever careful not to lose her footing - when suddenly a hand grasped at her ankle. She shrieked, partially out of surprise and partially out of fear, as the fabric ripped from beneath her hand and she fell, and this was it, this was how she was going to die. Not even fighting a damn supervillain. Just splattered on the pavement.

She closed her eyes, waiting for the impact to shatter her, but none came - next thing she knew, she had stopped falling - it was a strange sensation, and she immediately felt a rising tide in her stomach. The Ginger Witch rolled over to her side, and vomited onto the pavement.

Sarah watched dumbfounded as the pair tumbled through the air for a moment before vanishing and reappearing on the pavement looking decidedly more vital than they had any right to be. It took Sarah's mind a little while to drag out and assemble the facts of what her eyes were telling it had just happened. When her brain finally managed to catch up she couldn't decide whether to kick Darcy or buy him a drink. She was thrilled that there was a way out of this that didn't involve climbing through the broken window, her arms were really starting to ache, but couldn't the berk have remembered he could teleport two minutes ago and saved her a few thousand heart beats. In the end she decided on doing both just as soon as he got her down to ground level.

"Well bugger you then!" Sarah yelled without much conviction when it became apparent that a nice easy ride down to ground level wasn't forthcoming. She instead refocused her efforts on the broken window and had almost climbed level with the hole when she felt the fabric begin to give. Acting on pure instinct a hand grabbed the banner as far up as she could and the next second Sarah found herself hanging by a quickly tiring arm as the rest of the banner plummeted towards the ground. With a grunt of effort she managed to get her other hand onto the tattered remains of the banner but she knew that she didn't have the strength to swing herself across to the window. She was, in fact, not to put too fine a point on it, stuck. All she could do was hang there trying to ignore the growing pain in her arms and hope like hell that someone would try to rescue her.

"If there's anyone in there, now would be a really great time to get off your jacksie and fucking help!"

For a few blissful moments, Darcy lay still, just staring up at the sky, not really hearing anything. Sarah's profane screaming changed that rather quickly. Cringing slightly, he forced himself to sit up and locate her on the side of the building, looking like a hangnail about to peel off. It doesn't look so high up from here…. he mused. Oh right. Don't let her die first, gawk and make weird analogies later.

He planted one hand against the ground, and pushed himself upright on shaky legs, craning his neck up and squinting at Sarah. The window just above her was broken and he could see someone standing at the edge, but it was too far for him to make out a point with enough room for him to safely teleport up there and not get impaled on the broken glass in the process. But, there was another way.

Moving objects and not going with them was a precise, complex art. But when it came to moving himself, anything he could see clearly was fair game. And the simplest way to go about this involved the fact that he could see Sarah herself quite clearly. Without giving himself time to overthink, Darcy went for it.

The ground disappeared and he was mid-air again, his weight colliding with Sarah and throwing them both against the side of the building. Panic seized and he automatically wrapped his arms around her chest and held tight. The line crossed by that contact didn't register until a split second too late. With no time to remedy the situation by adjusting his hold, Darcy looked at the ground, and faster than a speedster could blink, they were standing in the square.

Being teleported was a strange feeling. One moment Sarah was hanging by her fingertips when some unseen force slammed her against the building squeezing the breath from her lungs and then suddenly there was the feeling of solid ground under her feet that Sarah was not prepared for and she unceremoniously keeled over backwards.

It failed to occur to Darcy that Sarah might not be prepared to go from hanging off the building to standing on her own two feet with no warning. And as a result he was entirely unprepared for her to be off balance. Having neglected to anchor himself with a firmer stance, when Sarah lost her footing, he stumbled and fell with her. His head slammed against the pavement, and stars sparking across his vision were the last things he saw before consciousness abandoned him.

Shawn let out a sigh of relief as Darcy seemed to grab control of the situation, teleporting the precariously hanging team members back to the ground. Luckily, getting down there would be easier for her than those hanging from the now shredded banner. Unfortunately, all of them had taken a tumble to the ground, and it seemed like there might still be an issue. Swiftly turning her head, she located a sign that proclaimed 'Emergency Exit', and immediately sped over to it, rocketing down the stairs and leaving a small trail of sparks behind her. "Meet ya down there!" she called out behind her.

A yell of "Meet ya down there!" in a familiar voice finally jolted Miles from his stupor. Giving his head a good shake, he fumbled around amidst the bits of scattered glass, trying to get up without shredding his hands. Grunting in mild frustration and still not yet at the point of fully comprehending what had just happened, he grabbed his guitar without a second glance and bolted for the Emergency Exit sign after Shawn.

In just a moment, Shawn arrived at the ground floor, expression somewhere between a grin and a grimace - while it seemed they were all alive, the puddle of sick on the ground next to Miriam and Darcy's closed eyes did not bode well for them. "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"Eerrgh get me a coffee and then ask me again" Sarah said as she pried Darcy's hands of her chest before accepting a hand up from the speedster. The smear of blood across her chest was puzzling until she noticed Darcy's hand. "Errm remind me, what do we do with an unconscious bleeding person?"

chdWwPJ.png

★ THE AUTHOR ★
DARCY, SARAH, MIRIAM, MILES, AND SHAWN​

"Okay, bubbies I'll see you when I get home! And don't worry, I'll deal with that mean old babysitter as soon as I can! Smooches!" Tapping 'end' on her phone, The Author then focused all of her attention to the task at hand. She had passed up movie night with her boys to wreak havoc in Old Line and she wasn't going to stop until she was satisfied. Flipping through her storybook, The Author grinned when she came to the tale of Jack and the Beanstalk. Waggling her fingers over the page, it only took a few sparks and her eyes to glow before a massive beanstalk erupted through the ground, with its tendrils snatching up a petrified civilian here and there. A bubble of laughter burst forth from her lips as she watched the captured people scream and wail for help. Not satisfied with watching from afar, The Author flew over to the beanstalk, flying back and forth from person to person giggling all the while, until--

"YOU BITCH!" Coming to a screeching halt, The Author returned to a man she had just passed. Said young man was tearing at his leafy confines in vain and screaming for help every few seconds, and any second in between that he was hurling obscenities the villain's way.

"Beg your pardon?" The Author asked, twirling a finger through her hair.

"You heard me you raggedy, good for nothing,warmongering, feminazi bitch!!"

"Wow, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" She asked in mock outrage and shock.

"You just wait! The league or whoever was in that plane is gonna come down here and kick you and your feminazi troupe's ass! It takes a lot to kill a hero and--

"No, no, no, no. No. Sweetie! Did you see that explosion? They're all probably dead and their melted flesh is most likely welded to the charred remains of that flying death trap. And if they aren't well--" She flipped to the tale of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table. "They will be." And with a flick of her wrist, King Arthur's fabled knights tore through the wreckage of old line to wreak more havoc and destroy any survivors from Harkwells.

"Well then, tata!" She chirped, patting the man on the head before gliding back to join Doom and Meridian on the decapitated statue.

Tapping a finger to her lip, the Author frowned. "Oh. I hope Nitro wasn't with them...He was such a dear…"

qdKWP2h.png

★MEDIAN ★
BRADY, JOSEPH, MICKEY, AND COLLINS​

Median sauntered casually around the streets, being careful not to get too far away from at least one of her girlfriends - though Doom more particularly. She wore a self satisfied smirk, and a rather distinct swagger to her step. It was a real shame that she couldn't go around flying like Doom, or even tap a bit of that sassy super strength, but at least she could bring the fireworks. Whenever she went out on a party with Doom, her power of choice was the one that made things go boom. She stopped for a second, giggling to herself. Boom, Doom. How funny.

Still quietly cackling, Median turned to watch a group of young teenagers scampering away, casting frightened glances in her direction. They ducked behind a dumpster, and she could hear them shuffling around behind it, trying to hide. Clicking her tongue in disapproval, she tip toed up to the dumpster and braced one hand against it to start the kinetic charge, leaning forward on one foot to poke her head around behind it.

"Surprise!" she screeched. The kids jumped and screamed, huddling up away from her. She gave her head a little shake. "No need to be scared, darlings. My girlfriends and I are just out having fun you see." She puckered her lower lip. "You do that with your friends, don't you? You go have fun together?" Snickering to herself, Median leaned back, and took off at a run down the street. "It's time you joined the fun, kids!"

Seconds later, she turned as the dumpster exploded in a shower of burning garbage and twisted metal. "Ooooh, that was a good one" she said quietly, giving it a nod of satisfaction. Spinning on her heel, she wandered back towards the statue, touching and bursting random objects within her reach along the way.

She arrived just in time to see Doom hurling the head of the hideous monstrosity at a heliplane emblazoned with the vulgar name of Harkwell. Her snort of disgust morphed into another pleased laugh, and she applauded furiously.

Now, the question was whether any of the mini heroes survived to join in the fun. She moved to lean against the statue, giving Author a playful tap on the shoulder as she passed. "Nice beanstalk, I like it."

CCjCkF5.png

★DOOM ★
DELILAH, DARREN, CHARLIE, MAXWELL, AND DASH​

Doom smiled as the heliplane exploded and heroes hemorrhaged out of it like candy out of an incinerated pinata. Still, something bugged her about all of this. That was it? That was all that Justice City had to offer? It seemed meek compared to their previous efforts. Usually, they'd be covered in head to toe with heroes like leeches from a swamp. Yet, Author was able to create a beanstalk, Median borrowed Doom's explosion power and used that to cause destruction, and Doom herself was systematically ripping off limbs from a statue.

"Good job," she purred at the both of them. "I know I made a wonderful choice when choosing you two. Oh how this bureaucratic patriarchy will burn." She frowned at Author. "But he betrayed us. And for what? To be a babysitter to children with ineffectual powers." Doom scoffed. "Now for our next--" her phone buzzed in her pocket. Doom always made sure to bring her phone to these things. She didn't want to miss important news.

Villains of Justice City, finding your banks a bit easier to rob? Your wanton destruction obtainable? Are the skies a bit more empty than usual? Where have all the good heroes gone? You will find your answers and more. Meet me at this encrypted address. And if you can't decrypt it, you're not worth my time.

Doom paused and looked at the text more incredulously. "What the hell is this?" she asked the other three. "Looks like another villain is moving in on our turf. Well, looks like a change of plans."

In this distraction, our heroes have managed to get the drop on the villains. They have the chance to make the first attack... can they defeat them? Also. Who sent out this strange text? And what do they know about the missing heroes?

no-lightbox

☣Delilah Buress☣

There were moments in Delilah Buress's life when she was so intensely sure of what the general outcome of a situation would be, that she felt damn near precognant. Moments where she could almost visualize what was going to happen, scene by scene, like a movie, played out before her mind. Leaving the shell building they had crashed into, she had little doubt in her mind they were in for a thorough thrashing, and she wasn't looking forward to it.

It had been vaguely discussed in the plain that while Delilah laid down coverage, Dash and the walking Ego would do what they could to distract Doom physically, while Darren would go where no other man could (and probably cared to). Meanwhile, Charlie would sneak in and do her best to get ahold of the bitch, and, with luck suck the energy out of to, knock her out cold…

Easy. Right.

Sticking near the exit, Delilah crouched down, where she could remain out of sight. Hers was not an important role, per say - she was not an offensive wonder, with superhuman strength, or bull testicles, but she was fairly capable at what she did do, and a smoke screen was a beautiful way get those necessary pieces in play.

Pulling the cigarette free, she breathed out a plume of smoke and closing her eyes, stretched out her hand… slowly, like ink spreading across water, the smoke began to spread and grow, until it had swelled to a fog, shielding the general area in a haze. With the smoke spread out, she gave her fingers another stretch and thickened the volume in the area surrounding the statue of their valiant hero… Goldsomethingorother.

"Good luck, kids." She muttered, replacing the cigarette between her lips.

Kick some ass for me...

no-lightbox

✪Charlie Brauer✪

As the smoke began to spread, Charlie closed her eyes to settle her pounding heart, to try and disrupt that sinking feeling her stomach that they were grossly unprepared and unqualified for whatever it was they were about to jump into. They had survived the crash, but that had been mostly dumb luck and cleverness. Taking on three full scale villains - villains who seemed to have no qualms about squashing them flat - seemed like a great way to get themselves killed.

And she wasn't looking forward to it…

Opening her eyes again, she started forward, towards the thickened wall of smoke. Doom.

She was going straight for a woman named Doom. What she needed was a clear shot… clear and quick, to hold on for just a few seconds, long enough to sap the woman of energy. Easier said than done. Or maybe not so easy, either way. She just had to hope the others could distract her enough that Charlie could get in close... It wasn't a plan so much as it was flailing blindly in the dark and hoping they poked an eye... but it was all they had to go off of, all things considered...

Holy crap. Here we go…

TAGS for Del || @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Shizuochan, @Effervescent (thoughts)
TAGS for Charlie || @Effervescent (thoughts) @Everyone else​

GDxPHwA.png
There were two options for Darren to choose from before they set their sights to Doom: find survivors or help take down the villain. Doom looked distracted, her eyes cast down on her phone like Dash when he couldn't peel himself away from Twitter. It was the perfect opening for any one of them to act, but once they acted the bitch would regain her attention on the group once again. Whichever attack was to come first had to be quick and effective. Were they even allowed to kill since they were students? Taking a life, even the life of a villain, was no simple matter, at least not mentally. That was something he understood intimately.

Incapacitating Doom was something he could achieve at a lesser cost than the others. A headache would not be as bad as growing bones out the ass or physically exploding from pent up energy. He'd have a headache a high could fix, and with Doom wiped out he could then focus on survivors with the team. A solid plan, at least in his mind. But it looked like they all were quietly planning on their own. Delilah puffed a plume of smoke that grew about them for coverage, completely blocking his clear view of their target rendering him useless unless he moved forward. Their leader gave no command as Charlie pushed off with determination, and it was no guess work as to what she had planned.

Kick some ass for me...

Holy crap. Here we-

"Damnit, Charlie," he growled under his breath. "Damnit, Delilah." He carefully followed after Charlie and took a flanking route through the smoke to find the other end of the thick veil. There was a dump truck parked just at the edge he could use for cover, and once again Doom was in his sights.

He placed his fingers on his temples to coax his concentration on the woman he stared upon, fixated until tunnel vision took effect. She would feel a nagging sensation as Darren attempted a link, and if ignored they would be tied well enough for a deeper engagement. At the very least the sensation of being watched due to his power could possibly be enough of a distraction for Charlie to make her move.
Thoughts mentioned:
Delilah, Charlie @Elle Joyner

0kYdG2u.jpg

- Maxwell Fulham -

Maxwell was many things in reality, and many things as perceived by others. He was likely an egotist, although more pertinent was his pessimism in regards to the prospects of others. He was studious, bookish, aloof, offputting, responsible, and difficult. Unlike the others, Maxwell had a facade; he acted as if he was infalliable, perfectly composed, a paragon of mental balance. Even he knew this could not be, for he was young. And all the young could do was try and be perfect, no matter how out of reach it was. Maxwell aspired to even-keel tranquility, serene calm in the face of danger and death.

He watched as her apparent schoolgirl 'nemesis', Delilah, began emitting smoke as only she knew how - in both copious amounts and stylish chain-smoker aesthetic. As Charlie and Darren moved with an impetus that belied their years, their relative inexperience. From his perch in the heliplane, he would have kept on complaining: about inexperience, unprofessionalism, lack of qualifications. But now, in this moment:

Oh God... I can't stop smiling...

All the studies Maxwell revered implored keen awareness, to be conscious of one's surrounding, to gather and manage the moment, as opposed to becoming lost in it. In this moment, however, Maxwell was the roar of aortic blood, was adrenaline - numb and alive all at once. There was a certain ecstacy to it all, even as he allowed his very bones to mottle and then pierced through flesh and leather alike, a macabre assembly of bone-wings erupting from his back.

Darren and Charlie had went one way, he'd go the other.

He burst from cover, side-face of 'Doom', arms outstretched. Veritable bullets of bone-matter ejected from his sleeves as he unleashed a blind flurry. The plan was simple in practice: he was not the primary attacker, as Darren and Charlie were both more fit to neutralization. He just needed to draw enough attention, before returning to safety. As such, his accuracy was reduced by the erratic nature of his aerial movements, twisting and shifting - an attempt to make the body, the target, small.

OOC: uh, not sure what Rekt wanted for roll verifying (or if she even wanted it), but I rolled a 3 and therefore did not make a hit.

Joseph Randall :taurus:

He felt so much better, once his feet touched the ground. His stomach was now not in his throat and felt like it was going back to normal. It took him a second to recover but he had a lot of reason to be on his game. No distractions. No bs. And then he remembered. We don't have a plan. Motherfuckershit! Looking to the peeps that ended beside him, he decided to take the reigns. At least, for now, someone had to lead the charge. May as well be him. They actually had a semi balanced team, all things considered. Stout on the attack with Collins and had the ability to keep the fight small if Brady and Mickey ended up working well together.

Thankfully, it seemed that the villains were distracted by Doom's phone. No wonder anyone who was over the age of 40 hated anyone who wasn't. God, he was going to be one of those old men shaking his cane at kids hover boarding through his backyard because it bothers his dog who didn't move an inch.

Either way, no time to lose.

"Ok, new plan. Brady, Mickey. Contain the firework lady's bullshit. Collins, I'll clear a path to see if we at least one of us can get a free shot at the firecrotch. Let's go break ourselves in."

He said, perhaps stupidly, as he didn't really wait for them to try and process what he said. The young man was already charging towards Median, hoping to give her a good whollop. His rather odd ability granted him superior momentum. If he didn't want to stop, you best get your ass out of the way, unless you think you can handle the brunt of a bull. Unfortunately, those little green bastards didn't listen. With a roar worthy of a seven foot bovine, Red Bull made a bee-line for Median. Head first, he attempted to buck her into the statue.

Sarah Pendleton

As she regarded the mangled remains of the heli-plane Sarah tried to push aside a growing feeling of guilt about leaving Darcy. Sure it wasn't like she'd just left laying him the street all alone but it had been her landing on him, when he had just saved her backside as well, that had brained him on the pavement and now she'd just left him.​

"It's not like I'd even know how to help him" she muttered to herself. The statement didn't make her feel any better and so instead she tried to focus all her attention on the smoking wreckage in front of her. With a few breaths to brace herself for what she might be about to see she began to walk around the pile of twisted metal that she was pretty sure had been the main cabin, looking into every hole she could find to see if there was anyone still alive in there.

It was as she was peering through a tear just a bit small that Sarah heard the dry noise of metal sliding over metal. Jumping away from the body of the plane fearing it was about to collapse Sarah felt something speed past her face right before she smashed her face into something solid that hadn't been there before. When she opened her eyes Sarah could scarcely believe what she was seeing. There standing in front of her was a knight, a full on princess rescuing, dragon slaying knight in shining amour arm. It was then that Sarah noticed that the man's hand was grasping something next to her face. Turning her head she saw that the wooden shaft was attached to an axe head wedged into the metal of the plane almost exactly where her head had been.

Not wanting to give the knight a chance to recover his weapon and be killed by some renaissance fair freak Sarah leapt forwards and shoved the knight as hard as she could with both hands. Caught off guard by the blow the armored man stumbled backwards until a piece of debris underfoot caused him to topple over. Slightly surprised at how easy the man had been to knock over Sarah stood over the knight at a loss of what to do. On the one hand he had just tried to kill her and she definitely felt like repaying the favour but on the other hand, doing so when her life wasn't at immediate risk would probably earn her a permanent seat on Harkwells naughty step at the very least.

In the end she settled for kicking the supine knight squarely in the nuts as hard as she could before rolling the man over and using a pair of zip ties to bind his feet and legs. It wasn't a perfect solution but hopefully it would stop the lunatic from getting away until the local police arrived and he became their problem.

Peering around a twisted flap of metal to check that no one else was about to stave her head in Sarah saw a sight that made her heart soar. There in the street beyond where a good number of her classmates, all alive and already fighting the three villainesses. She was somewhat confused by the presence of a handful more knights and a giant bean stalk until she remembered that one of the trio was The Author.

"I guess you're not just some random crazy after all, I think me and your mummy need have a little conversation about you."

The knight gave a pained groan by way of a response.

"Oh sack up! It wasn't that bad, besides you really should have a cup or something if you're going to be a big baby about it."

Reaching into a pocket Sarah pulled out a pair of battered brass knuckled and massaged them onto her fingers before setting off at a run towards the source of all the trouble. As she ran Sarah tried to take a path that avoided any of her peers. She could already feel the growing pressure around her and she didn't want to risk rupturing any of her classmates eardrums. It would be fine once she wasn't running but as she sprinted towards the headless statue anyone who came into contact with her bubble was at risk. At least I might blow Doom's ears out.

"HEY WITCH FACE!" Sarah yelled as she approached striking distance to the Author and as the villainess turned around Sarah launched herself metal tipped fists first at the woman's head.​

q5pGecx.png

It was embarrassing to say, but it took Mickey more than a few minutes to gather her bearings once she and her friends had reached the ground. To her credit though, at least she didn't pee her pants or anything. But now on the ground, Mickey was surrounded by about fifty rats who were frantically scurrying to and fro and asking after her well being. It took Joseph yelling orders at her for her to finally get her head into the game.

"Right. Saving people! Steamboat Willy to the rescue!" Mickey shrieked, scrambling to her feet and scurrying off in the direction of a group of cowering civilians. As she ran towards she began to frantically think back to what she had learned about Median...Which wasn't much. All she knew was that the woman was evil and...and...uh...God damn it she needed to pay more attention in class.

"KEEP AWAY FROM US!" Mickey slid to a clumsy stop as one of the civilians, a woman who looked like the skinnier and prettier version of Dolores Umbridge, pointed a shaking finger in her direction. "Wha--huh? Wait, you're scared of me?! I'M A GOOD--" She began to say when she realized that she had essentially been stampeding towards them with a horde of rats at her heels and...Most people don't like rats.

"Wait a minute. Most people don't like rats!" Mickey yelled, a huge grin splitting across her face. Turning to her rodent friends Mickey began squeaking rapidly and when she finished, half the rats in the horde split off and began surging towards Median, their gleaming fangs eager to sink into pretty villain flesh.

Turning back to the people she had been tasked to aid, Mickey made sure to approach them slowly this time, with her rats spread about being her and not clustered together. "Guys, I mean no harm. I'm one of the good guys, and I just want to help you get clear of the danger, okay?"

Regardless of how much it sounded like one, Darcy knew that the ringing in his ears wasn't an alarm clock. The question then became why a shrieky, annoying noise was waking him up from a really nice nap. And why in the love of gooey green goblins do I hurt like a bus hit me? No, wait. That would be the building that he had hit, after -

He yelled an expletive, but it came out more of a squeak.

On a knee-jerk reaction, he went to sit straight up on a rush of pure panic - but the wave of dizziness that hit stopped his momentum less than halfway, and he dropped back to the pavement. Gritting his teeth and willing the steady ache in just about every part of his body to go away, Darcy forced himself to take a few deep breaths and go over what had happened prior to knocking himself unconscious. When his mental tracking reached the point where he pulled Sarah off the building, his skin turned notably paler. No no no, she's gonna kill me, she's gonna kill me...

Part of him wished he was already dead.

Which, inconveniently, reminded him that he should probably check to see if anyone was actually dead. Slowly this time, Darcy used his elbows to sit up off the pavement. Mickey.... where's Mickey? He turned his head sharply to the side, and instantly regretted it. For pity's sake, why does getting thrown at a building and having a girl fall on you have to hurt so flipping much? At first glance he didn't see Mickey, but he did see Miriam not too far away, although it looked like she was a tad busy upchucking. The guitar identified Miles, and scattered around the square he could see some of the others.

Cool. So at least most of us made it. That's pretty sweet actually. Then, he noticed somebody who he was fairly sure should be important, but the reason why seemed to be drowned out by the incessant pounding in his skull. Olderish lady, looked kinda book-nerdy. Ah, whatever.

Feeling a bit like a lazy drunk for how well his muscles seemed to be responding, Darcy staggered up into a standing position, and an uncomfortable thought occurred to him. There was a very unhappy number of civilians running amok, and three adrenaline junkie girls wreaking havoc - one of which, he now realized, was the bookish looking one. Well. I guess I know what I should be doing.

He stood still, scanning the square for a few long seconds, mentally choosing the clearest, most open landing zones within easy reach of the bystanders, and secondary points a safer distance away from the mayhem. Satisfied that his boggled brain could handle that much information, he started moving, making his first sudden appearance at the side of a middle aged, formally dressed woman.

"S'cuse me, this way ma'am." He grabbed her shoulder, and didn't hesitate teleporting to the safe zone he had chosen before reaching her. As she stumbled back in shock, he noticed that his hand had left a rather distinct smear of blood across her jacket, and she didn't look terribly impressed. Oops. That's my cue to go....

He turned quickly around, and started plotting a path for the next civilian close to him. It would really suck if I missed right now, wouldn't it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.