Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Original poster
OOC ϟ SIGN-UP THREAD ϟ IC

L61da2p.png

CODE: OMEGA 9 appeared suddenly over every screen and every gadget.​

The Hyperion League hangar erupted into a flash of red and orange lights and a klaxon sounded throughout the building. Usually, it was a lot more serene. The members filtered in between a break area in the corner of the hangar, to the various workspaces, to the state-of-the-art vehicles that cluttered this place. Now, all the members were staring at the massive screen at the back of the hangar.

"What's an Omega 9?" Galatica asked.

Flash Fire looked between the members. "I've only ever seen up to an Omega 1, and that was when a gathering of the world's greatest leaders was threatened."

"And this is worse," Black Ice said, placing his hands on his hips. "Great."

Goldstar approached the console and typed something into it. Where they'd usually get a mission briefing, there was nothing. "I don't like the look of this. Pixel, do you know what this is about?"

Pixel wasn't there, physically, he never was. But he was there electronically. "I'm already on it, Goldstar." His voice came through the computer, flat and monotone.

Kid T leaned back on her heels. "Does this mean the world is ending? Should we be looking for a giant meteor or aliens or something?"

Galactica snorted.

"You know I don't mean you." Kid-T narrowed her eyes.

Sonic Saint joined Goldstar at the console as they tried to get some sort of clue as to what was going on.

"I've tracked a location," Pixel said. A map filtered onto the screen, blurry at first but it sharpened. It was a large swathe of wilderness with a red dot centered on their target.

"What's there?" Goldstar asked.

"I don't know. Though, there's bound to be something, because they activated the Omega 9 code."

Goldstar scratched his head before exhaling. "Pixel, you and Flash Fire head to the location and scout it out. Sonic Saint, you work on trying to figure out what this is. Black Ice, Kid-T you guys get the jet ready. Galatica and I will grab the Omega Gear."

Kid-T let out a long whistle. "Of course, you two will. Try not get all frisky in any closets between here and there." She winked. Goldstar ignored her and started getting ready. He gave a sidelong glance to Galatica, who smiled and blushed.

A short time later, Flash Fire and Pixel reported in. Sonic Saint, using the information he'd gathered on the possible situations and places, was able to reason out where they were going and why they were going there.

"Goldstar,"he said, turning towards his leader, his complexion paled "You're not going to believe this."

---​

Harkwell sat at her desk, chair turned towards the massive windows that lined the back side of her office. It overlooked a garden courtyard that sat atop the academy's massive skyscraper. All sort of flora swayed gently in the wind, butterflies peaked between flowers, birds flittered between tree limbs. She enjoyed days like this. She sipped her coffee and flipped through the itinerary for the day. In the academy, there was always the ambient noise of fighting, explosions, and the general ruckus that children, gifted with amazing powers, made.

Without warning, the glass before her shimmered and there was the face of Goldstar. Harkwell was halfway through a sip and choked on it. "Oh, John, wonderful timing. I was missing your bloated face interrupting my life."

"Jean," he said, eyes narrowed. "We have a situation."

She sat down her coffee and crossed her legs, attempting her most intimidating pose. "Isn't it always. Thirty years we've been meaning to talk, and it's always 'situation this' or 'situation that.' We need to discuss what happened to--"

"Now's not the time."

"When will it be time? Hm? When I'm thirty years older, and you're still handsome and running around with loose women in tight clothes?"

Goldstar's hand went to the bridge of his nose, and he squeezed. "This is an emergency, Jean. I promise we will talk, but right now I really need your help."

"Fine," Jean groused. "What is wrong?"

"The Hyperion League needs to handle a very large crisis, but we've received several alerts across the globe. We've dispatched teams where we can, but a lot of heroes are missing. We're spread thin."

She leaned back. "Sounds like you have quite the problem on your hand. Why do you need me? You want me to find them?"

"No,"
he paused. "Yes. But that's not why I called. Doom, Author, and Median are terrorizing Oldline, and there are no heroes I can call to handle this. I need the help of your most senior kids in the academy."

Harkwell just stared.

"Jean, I don't have any time to debate this. We're about at our location, and I need to leave as soon as we reach it."

She ran a hand through her hair, flicking her silvery locks from her face. "Very well, they're more than capable of taking down the Angry Girl Squad."

"You and your names." Goldstar smiled.

"We all have hobbies. We'll handle it, John. But for this, you owe me. We're going to talk about what happened thirty years ago, and we're going to talk about over the fanciest dinner you can provide. And knowing your salary, it's going to be pretty fancy."

"Jean," Goldstar said, his voice quieting. "You're the only person that has ever made me regret my immortality."

"You know that all calls are recorded, right?"

He rolled his eyes. "And I'm back to not regretting it. Alright, be safe Jean. I'll check in as soon as I--" There was a loud noise and clamor of voices. The video shuttered for before it disappeared entirely. Harkwell frowned. As much shit as she gave him, she hoped that he was fine.

She spun back towards her desk and pressed her comm. "Lena," she said. "Gather the students and find Janet. We're going to have a field trip to Oldline." Harkwell paused. "And by that I mean they're going on a mission to take down some villains, so make sure they suit up."

---​

Claudia stood towards the front of the classroom, an image of prettiness dressed in her custom white blazer + skirt combination. She was off center, but only so her students could fully see five examples of horrid logo choices projected on a screen.

Three of which unintentionally resembled phallic objects while the remaining two could pass off as the brand of some rundown Hell's Side taco shop.

"You see class, a good logo is the first step to a good first impression..."

She offered her students a serious look before moving to the opposite side of the room, white heels clicking with each step. A manicured hand gestured to the fourth logo and she continued.
"Trust me when I say...you do not want to be known as the superhero whose logo looks like half chewed duck."

Janet slammed the door open, looking sloppy as ever in her long green jacket and hair just barely tied out of her eyes. She looked over her sunglasses at the class she had just interrupted and the crack in the wall that she just created. Still, she was breathing somewhat heavily from her quick movement from one side of the campus to the other to collect the kids. "Hey," she said, grinning, "We're under attack." She gestured around at the kids in the classroom. "Need the kiddies here to help out, yeah?" She gave a thumbs up towards the crowd of children. "You assholes are gettin' in a fight today!"

Claudia frowned at the untimely diversion but ultimately understood. Janet wouldn't be here if whatever this was hadn't come from higher up the wire. Snowangel cleared her throat, turned off the projector, and flashed a smile to the kids. "Get suited up and report to the hangar everyone!"

---​

Gaige leaned against the wall of the heliplane. It maneuvered swiftly through Justice City to Oldline, where Doom, Median, and the Author were. All the students, hand picked due to either their usefulness or lack of fielding training credits, were either seated against the sides of the carrier's loading bay or milling about. Currently, Gaige was looking over his gun, but occasionally he'd give a sidelong look to Janet.

"So," he said, throwing the massive gun of titanium and molten-hot-plasma over his shoulder. "What're you up to later, hun? Anything interestin'?"

Janet was stretching, popping her joints and feeling the strong mechanics in her body charging up. She glanced over at Gaige and raised an eyebrow. "I dunno. Drinkin' probably. Nothing like alcohol to sort you out after a fight." She grinned slightly and lowered her sunglasses, hanging them by their temples haphazardly on her shirt. "Why, you looking for something to do, big guy?"

Claudia had suited up as well. Technically her suit was just a rather revealing designer white dress but if you were going to go around calling yourself an 'angel' you had to look the part. The image of her being some heavenly being shattered however as icy blue eyes rolled.

"Watch the repartee you two." She smiled a petty smile from her seat just a few steps away. Sitting up a little straighter and crossing her long exposed legs, the smile then transitioned into a smirk. "There are rules regarding fraternization, believe it or not."

Gaige leaned into Janet after Claudia's warning. "I am more looking for someone to do than something. If you're interested." He gave side look to Claudia. 'And screw rules. I was a bad guy. Be a pretty shitty one if I adhered to all the rules."

Janet smirked slightly and turned to Gaige with eyebrows raised. "Maybe if you can impress me out there I'll impress you later." She winked. "But we'll have to give the kids a shot first."

About that time, the screens against the side of the heliplane lit up and there was Harkwell. "Sorry for grabbing you so quickly, students. The Hyperion League has personally requested that we take care of this mission in Oldline. Currently, the three villains, Doom, Median, and the Author, are situated in the middle of the district. We don't know their current mission or goals beyond destruction and chaos. So, be on your guard. Remember, the professors are just here to monitor and not to do the fighting for you. But if you do need help, you can ask them. You will report to Janet on this mission, and the objective is to detain and apprehend all three of them, or at the very least-- save the citizens and stop the chaos. Good luck." Harkwell's face flickered out.

"All right, kiddos," Janet said, moving casually to the back of the heliplane. "We're at five til' landing, any questions, vomit, or piss you got, you'd better get 'em out now."

no-lightbox

☣Delilah Buress☣

Opportunity was a funny thing. Some people looked at a situation and saw what they could do for others. It was admirable, maybe, but most of the time that sort of mentality wound up biting you in the fleshy bits. But then there were the people who saw a set of circumstances and figured out how best to make it serve them. Of these two types of people, Delilah Buress did not pretend to be anything but the latter. For a few years now, she had been a part of Justice City's fancy-smance school for freaks, and there had never been one moment… not one, that she could look back on, and find her motives geared towards others.

But at least she was honest. She wasn't a hero. Not by the world's standards of the term - and she didn't want to be. But the school had it's perks, and one of those happened to be a hell of a teaching staff. They were all weirdos and creeps, but they knew their stuff and she had learned things in her three years of attendance that she never could have out in the real world - not even with Fade. She was selfish, unsympathetic and crass… but she was smart as a whip and unafraid. She knew her faults - besides being self-centered, she was a severely flawed individual and she certainly didn't play well with others, but she was there and she was making an effort.

And in spandex, too.

Seated in the heliplane, awaiting certain inevitable danger and strife, she had little qualms then about ignoring the purple-haired floozy as she addressed them like sponge-brained twerps in middle school. She was barely a few years older than Delilah, and whatever made her qualified to tell them what to do, Lil was in no mood to listen - especially when there were better things to focus on. Better things, like a certain bearded, tattoo-tauting Adonis. The idiot only had eyes for the drunk tart, but Lil wasn't above getting in the way, every opportunity she could. Morality was subjective in so many ways, and she was no saint to begin with. Being a 'student' when he was a teacher was hardly a wall she wasn't willing to leap - and the age gap? Well, if it worked for Harrison Ford…

The hell he sees in her anyway. She's not even cute.

Unlit cigarette rolling back and forth over her fingers, Lil finally averted her eyes from where she had been shamelessly staring most of the trip and twisted them in Janet's direction, "Yeah. I got a question there, Twilight Sparkles. Why weren't we briefed before we had five minutes till landing? Or were you just too busy battin' those eyelashes at Cap to remember we ain't exactly field-proofed yet?"

no-lightbox

✪Charlie Brauer✪

Sitting up straighter in her chair, Charlie stared in wide-eyed shock at Delilah's snappy remarks. For her first year at the academy, she had been roommates with the feisty malcontent, and she knew well enough the girl had.. Spirit. She wore a barbed-wire fence around her heart, difficult to get past, and had a strong distrust of basically anything that moved. But this was Charlie's first mission out of the tower and it was a little startling to hear any sort of dissension among the ranks, even before they had landed.

Not that the question didn't have its merits. They were green, the lot of them, and throwing them up against not one… but -three- notorious villains was more than intimidating. It seemed insane, and it was certainly not something that felt run of the mill.

Idly, she tensed her hand and pulled her glove higher up her arm. They were a poor fit, again, but she was starting to wonder if this was actually a wardrobe malfunction or if she was just struggling with the believe that anything would keep her from hurting the others. These people were her family now, and it was difficult not to feel paranoid that she was going to ruin everything, sooner or later. Probably soon, with her luck.

The suit was nice, but that didn't mean that it was foolproof - and it wasn't like she slept in the thing. One slip up, one touch and she'd be right back where she was before she had come to the academy.

Self-deprecation is for the fish, Charlie… You can do this.

"We're meant to detain," She interjected, avoiding eye contact with Delilah, "But does that mean we just go all in? Engage them head on?"

TAGS for Del || @Niiwa, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Effervescent (thoughts) @Everyone else
TAGS for Charlie || @Effervescent (thoughts) @Everyone else​

» BRADY TAYLORS »​
Brady sat down in the heliplane with the mask portion of his suit still crumpled at the base of his neck. Perhaps it wasn't the most appropriate time, but the young man sat there quietly finishing up the order of fries he brought to Marketing class.

He had fallen asleep during Professor Lefevre's lecture on logos and he wasn't planning on wasting good fries just because they were picked to go on a mission. Being Brady, he offered the last crunchy bits to his classmates sitting next to him, swatted away the crumbs and tossed the crumpled-up bag towards a nearby bin.

Brady missed but it wasn't something a little subtle gravity manipulation couldn't fix.

Then young man shifted uncomfortably in his seat towards the end of the line of students. Between Delilah's remarks and the wedgie in his suit that formed over the course of the flight, he was itching to just get up and out there.

He had been on a few missions over the course of the past four years but the fact that he was sitting here with a bunch of other 'newer' students meant he hadn't gone on enough. He hoped they'd take field credits more seriously than he had when he first arrived.

"If we get split into teams can I be in one with Joseph? We're trying to develop some serious synergy on the field you know." Brady chuckled lightly, his hand raised above the heads of the other students while he spoke. "While I'm at it can I call dibs on Mickey too? Ooh! Or maybe me and Collins can do some gravity enhanced jump shenanigans on the way down...er yeah. Sorry, I'm rambling."

« MILES WASHINGTON «​
He had been at Harkwell's for a total of five months now and Charlie Miles Washington was absolutely convinced everyone here was crazy. Or weird. Or crazily weird. Between rat control, one of his roommates being able to shape his bones and the fact that his official name for the time being was Disco Ball, he wasn't sure if he made the right decision in enrolling. Maybe he should've just said "fuck the band I'll go solo" instead of running off to become some purveyor of justice.

But at the same time maybe this mission would change his mind...after all it was his first ever. Yup. After five months of learning how to not kill himself and why peppermint green is never a good color scheme choice on a suit, he was finally going to do something that mattered.

Hell wouldn't it be funny if he just died? Like all the past weeks built up to this moment and somehow he manages to forget his parachute before jumping out of the heliplane. That'd be hilarious. While he joked with himself, Miles had zero intention of actually dying. Truthfully, he intended to do the exact opposite.

First impressions are important yeah? Time to make sure mine is one that'll be remembered...

His eyes wondered around the room, stopping for a moment on Delilah, and then continuing on.

Disco Ball cleared his throat, using one hand to aimlessly strum the electric guitar sat aptly in his lap and the other to adjust the volume level of his suit's built in amps. Anyways, they were landing soon and he still hadn't decided on which song to play. He thought for a moment before deciding he'd do something classic--like Queen. Now I just gotta decide between 'Don't Stop Me Now' or We Are The Champions...

TAGS for Brady | | @Mundane Monster, @Cerulean, @rissa, @Everyone
[TAGS for Miles | | @Elle Joyner, @Effervescent (thoughts) @Everyone​

Last edited by a moderator:
WClTwP0.png

★ DASH BEAUREGARD ★
INTERACTS WITH: Collins MENTIONS: Delilah, Charlie, Janet, and Brady. HAS THOUGHTS FOR DARREN? Yep. Loads.

Dash clicked around on his phone, checking his Twitter and then switching to the accounts that enjoyed reading. Currently, he was sitting down—sort of. He had his legs draped over the back of the chair, bobbing his feet up and down. His back was in the seat of the chair and his head and shoulders hung off the lip.

His feet stopped moving when he noticed something odd on his Twitter feed. That was strange. Pulling up his history, he clicked back to when he'd last viewed that account. It had only been a few hours ago. Man, he loved reading Galactica's tweets and she usually posted a few times a day, giving updates on all the dangers they faced—and her boobs, most importantly. He pulled the account up now and it was empty. Concerned, but not overly so, he clicked around on some of the low-list heroes he liked reading about. Dash found a mixture of deleted and inactive counts.

Weird, he thought. I wonder if this is like a social media scandal or if Twitter's no longer cool enough for the cool heroes. I wonder what is? Have we rounded back to Myspace? A dark thought hit him, though. What if something happened? He shook his head. If something happened, they'd know about it. Usually, Harkwell had the common courtesy to inform the Academy before the media about various heroic kerfluffles.

He forgot about the entire thing the moment Lil spoke. Such a bitch. Dash actually liked Professor Janet. What is Janet's last name? Or is Janet her last name? Hah. Janet Janet. He never paid attention to these things, and he definitely wasn't going to start now.

Dash pulled at the crotch of his suit in disdain. He could have sworn that this thing was trying to get inside his body via whatever opening it could find. Honestly, he wouldn't even be wearing a suit if the Academy didn't demand it. They wanted him to be able to protect himself if the need arose. So, out of his reluctance to choose a suit, something was chosen for him. It was white and covered him from his neck down to his feet, the only break of skin were his fingers, as the suit looped around in thumbholes. Apparently, it was insanely stretchy and had never torn no matter the mass that had been tested to hold. Dash did not want to know how much that was. But the entire thing was unattractive and probably showed a little too much. So he threw on his favorite hoodie over it, in hopes of not only concealing his face but saving him from having his cloth filled asscrack all over social media. He also wore boots, which probably wasn't the best idea, but he was not going to Oldline without some protection. He was not slicing his feet open.

Dash looked over to Charlie. So gorgeous, he thought, and then had an epiphany that he probably shouldn't be pulling at the fabric of his crotch while staring at her. He stopped and looked back at his phone. Brady said something after that. It was probably dorky and stupid because that was how Brady was. So, Dash checked the other members of the Hyperion League. All of their twitters, with the exception of Pixel's, were gone.

"Hey Collins," Dash said, flipping himself off the seat. He quickly styled his hair and adjusted his hoodie. "You ever look at the Hyperion League's twitter pages? Or do you just use your phone to take pictures of food and send them to me? Not that I'm complaining, but you're a little obsessed."

0kYdG2u.jpg

- Maxwell Fulham -
INTERACTS WITH: Dash, Lil HAS THOUGHTS FOR DARREN? Italicised, but feel free to regard everything as readable thought.

Maxwell Fulham was eternally confident in himself. He put in the hours, the prep work, the sparring, and had been privy to more on-field training and experience than most this year could say. Yet still he remained nervous in spite of himself. Because while Maxwell 'Skeletor' Fulham was eternally confident in himself, he remained infinitely weary towards the rest of his Harkwell Academy compatriots.

Collins would do well. Experienced, potent. Shawn too. But…

It was a strange assembly. Some were, although Maxwell was slow to admit it, as qualified as they could possibly be given their age. Off the top of his head, he counted manipulators of smoke, gravity, air-pressure and electricity amongst their number. The group had A-list potential, but at the same time…

'Skeletor' scanned the occupants of the heli-plane, knowing that his line-of-sight was rather abrasively hidden by his porcelain white Plague Doctor mask. It was the first opportunity he had to break the super-suit in - prior, more traditional costumes had not meshed well with his particular gift. Professor Claudia had the bright idea of playing into the goth, grim-dark markets with the outfit, channeling the plague doctors of old - white mask, dark fabrics. More pragmatically, the sleeves were loose, allowing exit points for his osteomancy.

Secretly, he hoped none of his fellow classmates mistook him for a villain.

His gaze settled upon Darcy, his first-year roommate. Teleporter. Those could be useful, with experience. Movement-based superpowers, Maxwell recalled from the lectures, were maximized through sound strategical positioning, something that could only be trained through experience. Too passive, and a Mover would accomplish nothing. Too aggressive and,

Newbie better not get himself killed.

Finally, he turned his attention to their supervisors. Claudia was a shrewd woman, but the others:

Wonderful, thirteen kids chaperoned by the degenerates.

"I would like to take point." Simple. Confident. "Dash, please stop tweeting. Delilah: shut up."

Rude.

q5pGecx.png
Interactions: @Shizuochan (Maxwell), @BearEnthusiast (Brady) / Mentions: @Tyrannosaurus Rekt (Dash) @Elle Joyner (Charlie and Delilah) / Thoughts about food ready for @Effervescent (Darren)

If anyone was watching Mickey, they would have probably thought she needed to use the bathroom. But she didn't. Seriously. She'd tried before they left. Nope, she was only twitching and shifting in her seat every few seconds because of the bundle of nerves swirling in her stomach. On one hand, she was excited to kick some villain ass. But on the other hand, she wanted to eject her nerves in the form of projectile vomit all over her classmates. Thankfully, she didn't do the latter. But she needed a distraction and unlike Dash, she hadn't thought to bring her phone--Beside her, Brady offered her some fry bits and she smiled gratefully.

Mmm salty. Mickey thought as she shoved Brady's generous donation of fry bits into her mouth, licking her fingers greedily when she was done. She made a mental note to bring snacks with her next time because surprisingly snacking made this whole thing less nerve racking. Usually she'd be practically bouncing off the walls or excitedly squeaking to her rat companions, but since their destination was Oldline, and the place was a hot spot for rodents, she hadn't brought any of her regulars.

At Brady's inquiry of who to team up with, Mickey grinned wide. "Ratstronauts!" She whispered almost conspiratorially. She liked teaming up with people, but only a few of her collaborations had names. Her and Brady were Ratstronauts, cause of the gravity manipulation plus her rats liked to feel important and what's more important than an Astronaut?

Tuning back into her peers, Mickey cringed at Maxwell's bluntness and blatant intolerance of others. "Maybe Dash needs to tweet for like nerves." She posed not trying to start a fight but kind of annoyed that Maxwell was already telling people what to do and no one had said anything about team leaders yet. Sure he was older than her, but he'd been at the school just as long as her. She couldn't dispute what he'd said to Delilah though, cause she was being super rude.

Turning to Claudia, Mickey raised her hand then remembered they weren't in class and lowered it. "Are we being graded for this? Also piggybacking on Brady and Charlie, shouldn't we establish a plan first and group up and stuff?"

⚡SHAWN HARPER⚡
Interactions: @Shizuochan (Maxwell) / Mentions: @BearEnthusiast (Miles) @Mundane Monster (Mickey) / Thoughts @Effervescent (Darren)

Shawn's leg was tapping at an incredible speed - the sound of drumming against the floor was lost against the slow rumbling of winds rushing past the vehicle, and her mind was focused on what she had to do - while she had been on a few field trips in the past, this one seemed to be one of the more dangerous ones from what she could gather - three villains? It could be a tough one.

It had been a while since she had been on a field trip and the last one hadn't ended too well - she had the villain on the ropes for a while with a pair of schoolmates, but she had gotten far too cocky - she ended up running out of energy and not being able to keep up with the guy, and the teachers had to step in. Shawn was determined not to repeat this mistake, and fortunately she hadn't trained yet today, meaning that she had energy to spare. She was nervous, but she would use that to her advantage.

She had been intending to organize a small team-up and work with some of the others that she hadn't really socialized with, and this was the perfect chance to throw herself wholeheartedly into the affair. Mickey was her roommate, but wouldn't deliver a great synergy for her. Maybe Miles? Their light show could really throw the bad guys for a loop. As Maxwell stood and declared his intentions to be the leader of the group, she frowned. Not that she necessarily wanted to generate a power struggle, but given his general tendency to interact with people in short, terse bursts, she wouldn't have expected him to stand up and take charge - and it felt even less likely that people would follow him without much reason to.

It would be worth it to have some sort of actual leader, as opposed to chaos when we land, she considered. Standing, she zipped over to Maxwell and put a friendly arm around his shoulder. "Ya know what, Fulham, I support ya. But I also think we should split ourselves up a bit. Not all go in at once, if you know what I'm sayin'. I don't think anyone has enough experience here to really lead everyone here." She placed a hand on her chest, smiling amicably. "That's why I'd like to nominate myself for point of another team! You are all, of course, welcome to refuse, but I feel as though my experience and damn good looks uniquely qualify me for this position."

⭐MIRIAM GREY⭐
Thoughts @Effervescent (Darren)

Miriam was in the middle of frantically drawing circles on rocks - it wasn't the most elegant solution to her problem, but it was the best she could come up with at the moment. The witch mumbled incantations under her breath as she drew, making tiny explosive runes on the stones. She could set them around key points on the battlefield for detonation - "Damn!" she exclaimed as her chalk slipped on the rough surface of the stone and she threw it down in her frustration.

It was her first real field mission and she didn't have the chance to scry or set up at all - and of course, this was all to be expected, it wasn't as though she would ever have the chance to do that - but most of her skills came from careful preparation and exacting plans, not this chaotic mess of rolling out on a dime. She really did need to learn some more immediately satisfying offensive magicks.

She rubbed her eye. Miriam had already been up late the previous night studying, and now she had to get into a fight - it was looking to be a pretty rough one too, from the looks of it. If she couldn't put together some kind of impressive plan or assist her teammates, then she… well she wouldn't learn or prove anything.

The girl sighed. You can do this. You'll be the greatest witch in the world, this is just another stumbling block. She nodded gently, comforting herself, before picking up another stone and starting to draw again. "With this circle, I entrap the explosive magciks of…" As she spoke she kept an ear on the comments playing out around her. She wanted the experience that would come with this fight, but she had no desire to put herself in undue danger. Miriam would follow whoever felt they could use her on their team. God, I hope it's not like getting picked for teams in gym class all over again.[/hr]

COLLINS JANE MCLEOD
TAGS:

Collins hated ear plugs. She really fucking hated ear plugs. But the heliplane was loud and she didn't need any extra sensitivity before a mission. Especially one that set her instincts on edge. She glanced around the plane, wondering why the hell Harkwell hadn't properly debriefed them. It was unusual, disconcerting… and entirely abnormal to previous missions. And she'd been on plenty since her arrival at the academy, some six odd years ago.

What didn't Harkwell tell us? Collins thought to herself, a lick of unease boiling in her gut. She glanced sideways at Darren afterwards, despite the fact she hadn't necessarily asked him, but nonetheless, his thoughts on any subject matter were usually intriguing.

She grabbed the last of Brady's fries with an appreciative smile and nodded her head in thanks, smiling fondly at the thought of a gravity-jump. It wasn't something they had tried too often, but it was fun. And maybe a bit destructive. Collins could hear the chatter through her 'plugs, her hearing being that sensitive, and she glanced at Dash with a slightly confused smile. Before she could answer, Maxwell, Mickey, and Shawn all interjected, and she momentarily lost her train of thought.

Knowing when to stay out of things, at least until it got too thick, Collins didn't mentioned the fact that she'd been at the academy the longest and probably had more field credits than any other student currently on the heliplane… She jumped at the sound of the Grey Witch's frustration and she watched for a moment as the woman calmed herself down and continued… whatever it was witches did.

Wonder if those bad boys will blow if anyone but her throws them…

With a sigh Collins straightened up, nudged Brady with her elbow, and cleared her throat. "If we split, teams need to be even power-wise, or else we're dooming one of them to fail. We need eyes and ears on the ground, we gotta know what's up before we rush in. And perhaps a plan on how we're going to detain them."

no-lightbox

☣Delilah Buress☣

As he spoke, Delilah's gaze shifted slowly towards Maxwell, a single, thinly arched brow raised. Maintaining her temper was not a strong suit, not by any stretch, but it almost felt justified, then, her anger, as the idiot mouthed off like he had even the remotest control over any of them. It didn't surprise her, not really - he was one to try and prove himself by being completely socially inept, but it also wasn't something she was about to let slide.

She was used to it - the sideways glances, the muttering around corners. She didn't make friends easily, and she didn't really care to. She wasn't some over dramatic loner with a penchant for wearing too much eyeliner - but she wasn't exactly concerned with being anyone's 'BFF'. And back at Harkwell's, it didn't matter. But on a mission, and one this important? Where what they did was going to be put on display... Maybe she didn't care what people thought of her, maybe she wasn't going to be some trumped up heroine for the history books, but it was where she could figure out if she had purpose...

Sliding the cigarette behind her ear, she rose to her feet, hands balled into fists at her sides as she bore a fiery glare up at Max, defiant... challenging, "Only point you're gonna take, Boner, is that beak mask when I shove it up your--

no-lightbox

✪Ryan Wiles✪

"--AND that's enough of that..." Tapping the red tip of his cane to the floor of the heliplane, Ryan looked over in the direction of the small scale civil war with a small, casual smile on his lips.

He was never required to go on missions - normally, he didn't. Most days, he would stay behind, watch over the academy with Lena... They would meet in the lounge, down a pot of black coffee while they chatted about all the important issues of the day - namely which Kardashian idiot was setting tabloids on fire and which student was most likely to blow up a part of the school. But that particular day, he found himself with a ring side seat to the chaos. Simply put, these were his kids, his students... along side his co-workers and friends. The stakes were particularly high, and he was going to be around in case anything happened.

There wasn't much good he could do when it came to fighting, but he still had enough expertise to patch anyone up if worst came to worst...

Hell if we even make it off the plane at this rate...

"Take a seat, Ms. Buress." He continued, and the smile didn't falter. He waited until he heard shuffling, then, satisfied that the crisis was averted, moved his eyes forward, "Now, then. I realize everyone is anxious to get started... and that's great. But please remember, this isn't a drill. Out there, a mistake or having the wrong attitude, can get you or one of your teammates killed. You need to have each other's backs. Everything else goes to the wayside... If you can't handle that, you're welcome to stay back on the Heliplane with me. I plan to play a rousing game of Solitaire on my phone. And yes... there is an app for that."

no-lightbox

✪Charlie Brauer✪

As the situation was defused swifter than it had begun, Charlie watched, unblinking, as the blind professor sank back into his seat, and did, indeed, tug his cellphone free, popping buds into his ears. She had her doubts, privately, that he was actually playing solitaire, but the effect was pretty amusing.

She smiled, delicately, and looked away, only just catching Dash's eyes as they darted downward, back to his phone. He was a charmer, that one - the type her Granddaddy warned her about, growing up. Mostly, he was harmless, even if he was a little full of himself...

Circling her gaze to Shawn, who had risen to announce her candidacy for lead, Charlie's smile grew, "I'll be on Max's team..." Not like I can do too much damage to him with that suit of his... "But Professor Wiles is right. I think Delilah should be on our team, too."

His eyes flicked up and Ryan smiled again, pulling an earbud free, with a small, absent nod, "Wonderful idea, Ms. Brauer. No arguments? Weyn - that's Somali for 'Great', by the way." He popped the earbud back in, but the smile did not fade, "Damn. No kings..."

TAGS for Del ||@Shizouchan, @Everyone else
TAGS for Ryan|| @Effervescent (thoughts) @Everyone else​
TAGS for Charlie || @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Niiwa, @Effervescent (Thoughts), @Everyone else

Last edited:
GDxPHwA.png
It was his third cigarette by the time they neared their destination. Darren's lips delicately clung to the filter as he drew in a slow breath and exhaled. The chair cradled his form comfortably, but he elected to sit forward with his elbows propped up on his knees, posture slumped despite the tension. Any mission had him nervous, not for the actual tasks ahead, but due to sobering up enough to function and be of use. He needed his combat credits after all the other shots he missed. Truth be told, he hated it. The League of La La La was a nice getaway and a fantastic hideout for someone like Darren DeLuca. His safety and security came at a price not counted just in numbers. He was a "hero" by definition.

Being sober meant letting everyone's thoughts come back into his brain. It was suffocating. Everyone acted like it was a breach of their privacy. As if he wanted to know every damn thing someone was thinking.

And in spandex, too.

Weird.

The hell he sees in her anyway.

...Social media scandal or if Twitter's no longer cool enough…

Collins would do well.

What if something happened?

It left no room for his own thoughts. But that was his only use to the school. His telepathy was his only get-out-of-jail-free card. Luckily in the heliplane there were only a handful of thoughts to sift through and focus in and out of. And it always seemed to be that no matter how uncomfortable it made the others feel, they still couldn't help but think so much. It was always worse closer to an event. All the thoughts jumbled together as if he were in a crowd. And after Harkwell's briefing he was bombarded.

You can do th-such a bitch-What didn't Harkwell tell us?-salt-st impressions are import-get himself killed-'Don't Stop Me Now' or 'We Are The Champions'-Hah. Janet Janet.-chaperoned by degener-gorgeous-actual leader as opposed to ch-can do this. You'll be the-we land-itch in the world, this is j-if those bad-I hope-blow if anyone-picked for teams in gym-if we even make it off the pla-ot like I can do much damage to him with that suit of his…

Between his thumb and index finger, he flicked the cigarette filter across the way to Dash, ash dusting the floor at his feet. His roommate likely had the most chatty mind out of the bunch, and unfortunately for Darren he didn't have the capabilities to ignore any of them. But Dash's were the most amusing.

He avoided Collin's gaze despite seeing her look over to him in his peripheral. It was a little annoying to him as well that Harkwell chose to brief them all moments before they were to engage in not one, but three bad guy class Supers. What made them bad guys was irrelevant.

What was actually going on was completely lost on him at this point. Everyone was talking and jumping up from their seats and thinking. Delilah was being too typical. No one really got how best to deal with that sort of temperament making their professors all the more incompetent in appearance. It looked like they were mapping out a plan regardless. Darren just waited patiently for the jump and the fray while considering a fourth cigarette. That would me more a choice in boredom.

There was a routine he did to help him focus better, though it was far more effective when he wasn't so jittery. Slow inhale, slow exhale. Each inhale gathered focus on a particular telepathic link, each exhale released it. The thoughts around him would soften to allow his linked target's thoughts to come to the forefront, and then diminish back into the cacophony upon his breath's slow release. Each link had to be established by actually looking at the person, otherwise he would never be able to focus on them. It was the only sign of what he was doing apart from a strange nagging feeling one might feel, almost akin to the sensation of having forgotten something.

Pushing back his thick strands of hair, he looked over at Miles and his guitar resting upon his lap. Exercise over. "Play something that shows off your skill as a musician," Darren suggested out loud, and shrugged. "Queen is great, but I never really felt like the guitarist took the show with those songs. It's just kind of there to support the vocals, you know? Go for the classics that really let the guitarist shine. Like Carlos Santana or hell, if you want to go Queen go for Brighton Rock."

Thoughts of:
Delilah, Charlie, Ryan @Elle Joyner
Miles @BearEnthusiast
Dash @Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Maxwell @Shizuochan
Mickey @Mundane Monster
Shawn, Miriam @Niiwa
Collins @rissa

Last edited:
@Shizuochan @Niiwa @Mundane Monster @All // Contains Thoughts​

Being enclosed in a steel mousetrap hurtling through the air with every possible chance of crashing to the earth and providing an untimely death in and of itself was a terror to Darcy's psyche, but it was in equal measure quite frustrating. If they had given him an address or even a satellite image of the area near where the villains were throwing their party, he could have been there ages ago scoping out the terrain.

But no. Here he was, trapped in a steel cage that could kill him if it's fuel based digestive system turned explosive, stuck with some of the sketchiest characters this side of the hero line. And separated from his one and only real friend in the mix, to boot. He had getting lost - of all ironies - to thank for that one. Somehow he'd gotten confused about where exactly the heliplane was, teleported to the wrong place, almost got dismembered in a wall, and finally arrived late to lose his spot next to Mickey. Naturally, to His Lordship Perfect Douche.

Now, he was seated next to Miriam, occasionally shooting helpless glances at Mickey and suspicious ones at Darren, trying not to panic. He wasn't ready to be going into a straight up fight essentially on his own. A moment ago he had been on the verge of speaking up to tag along with Mickey, but if she was going with those other two, it wouldn't work well for anyone to have him dodging them at every turn. No, he'd have to figure something else out.

But he definitely wasn't going with Maxwell or Shawn, either. His idiot roommate would probably find himself in Timbucktoo if they had to work together for something like this, and he wasn't in the mood to handle Shawn being intimidating right now.

Watching Mickey fidget, Darcy dug around in his coat pocket until he found a bag of sour skittles. She definitely needed something to chew on to help her settle down. Staring at the wall beside her like it was going to jump out and bite him, he set the bag on an upturned palm, and concentrated. Lately he'd been making some good progress at moving objects through short ranges within his scope of vision, so hopefully this would work. The package vanished from his hand, and he cringed. He hadn't been too far off - only a few inches surprisingly - but it was the few inches from his chosen spot on the wall to Maxwell's bird beak.

He mouthed a quick "I'm so sorry" to Mickey, and shifted uncomfortably in his seat, looking for something else to focus on. Miriam's quiet muttering to herself was enough to grab his attention, and he glanced over at her. He wasn't exactly sure what she was trying to do with those rocks, but then she muttered something with the word explosives thrown in there somewhere. That was not comforting.

Brilliant. I've now impaled Max's beak with skittles, and the girl right next to me is making bombs on a freaking-flying death trap. I solemnly swear the world hates me.

Sarah Pendleton

The sudden burst of green appearing on Max's mask was enough to make Sarah lose it and double over with laughter. Up to now she'd spent the flight watching her peers through one bloodshot eye whilst trying to ignore the feeling that her brain was attempting to crawl out her head through the other. Part of her wished she hadn't been picked this bloody mission. Sure she loved field work but there would be plenty of other opportunities to punch bad guys when she was less hungover and right now she'd of given almost anything to be wrapped in her duvet in a darkened room. Seeing Max look like a tit, well more of a tit anyway, that was something she was genuinely glad she hadn't missed.

"I hope your going to share those with the rest us Max, after all, sharing is caring. You do care about us right Max?"

As she slumped back into her seat her eye wandered around the rest of her peers before settling on Dash. For the third or fourth time Sarah silently cursed his decision to wear a hoodie. Why of all the people on the plane did he, the person with a physique practically sculpted for a spandex suit have to be the self conscious one. The universe really wasn't fair sometimes. It wasn't even that she fancied him just a tiny bit. It just would have been nice to have something pleasant to look at before she was about to risk being turned into a thin smear across Oldline.

Come on focus! It's not like there's anything to see and anyway he's got all the personality of a cucumber.

To get her mind back to the task at hand Sarah brought up the dossiers of the three nutjobs that Dr Harkwell was sending after on her phone. She had casually flicked through the files for The Author and Median before moving onto the dossier for Doom. She was halfway through the file when a thought crossed her mind.

"So I have a question for everyone" Sarah said as she sat forwards in her seat, wincing slightly as she did so. "How do we detain someone that can blow up our sodding clothes? I mean I'm all for this lycra monstrosity being destroyed, I'd just rather not get turned into human confetti at the same time.

Last edited:
Joseph Randall :taurus:

"By scaring her into submission with my pasty, white ass!"

Joseph had finally piped up after all the shenanigans that was going on. Not that he didn't chuckle at the sudden face skittles or the catty banter of the sexy ladies, but he was distracted. It was partially muffled, as he was eating a muffin and getting crumbs all over over Brady. Even flicking some of the pieces on his teammate. He had been at the academy for a while now, and had made his rounds with just about every student on this vertibird. For the most part, they were good people, and he would do his damnedest to keep these guys safe.

He wasn't looking to try and drag these collection of supers through this but if they didn't shape up, they could be in some deep dooki on this one. This wasn't some band of thugs robbing a bank. These were legitimate supervillains causing issues in Oldline.

"Not that I really need clothes once the fighting starts. Just be glad they got me undies that don't rip very easily. Even if they are a bit snug on my jibblets."

Moving around a bit, he took note of everything sort of playing in their own little world. His eyes lingering on Mickey more than the others but she was also a girl with a constant rat problem.

Why do they even call me Red Bull? I wear fucking blue!

"Brady, you got a wedgie too man? This shit is cray-cray and my muffin is all but depleted."

0kYdG2u.jpg

- Maxwell Fulham -
INTERACTS WITH: @Elle Joyner @Niiwa @Starlighter @EffervescentHAS THOUGHTS FOR DARREN? ye.

Maxwell remained still as ice, watching as Delilah's combative nature turned palpable, fire into motion. Delilah was quick to anger, whereas Maxwell was only quick to disappointment. Two years here, and sometimes he wondered if he had made a mistake coming to Harkwell Academy – so-called school for the powered elites. For every brilliant hero he laid his eyes on, there was an inane gunner of the mouth with insatiable twitter-fingers, daddy issues made manifest in gaudily dressed form, and overweight incompetents.

How aren't we better than this?

Self-control. Maxwell Fulham was self-control. The girl would do nothing to him – she was a smoke manipulator with an unlit cigarette that happened to be inconveniently slotted, by her own choosing, upon her ear. Internally, Maxwell could feel his blood-boil from the inanity of it all; if he was truly the enemy, this girl could be dead. Of course, that was also where self-control came into play.

Two spires of bone, from anywhere on the body sent outwards. Not so much room to maneuver. Clean shot through the wrists to deny her the option of the cigarettes. He liked to run through scenarios, in the theater of his mind – anything pre-conceived in the mind could be more readily enacted in reality.

No. I'm better than this too. I'm supposed to try and be her friend. Silly.

Maxwell turned away from her to offer Shawn Harper a brief nod of acknowledgement. Maxwell didn't resent the speedster's words – she was capable, and her powers were shockingly potent. She was one of the few Maxwell considered his superior, and for that reason, she had his respect. He had a strange feeling that Shawn would be a fine field leader for a team one day, as she had that special ingredient to her; an annoying penchant for social interaction.

"Delilah." He mused, after Ryan had blissfully de-escalated the confrontation. "Next time you threaten someone, you shouldn't close your fists. You need to light your cigarette, yes? You can't do that with a closed fist; when you close your fist that creates an extra moment before you can grab your lighter and create a source of smoke. Your power is more potent than mine but it's conditional – it's foolish to not maneuver yourself towards the best possible scenario for your abilities. Additionally-"

I should stop talking. She won't think I'm trying to help her be better.

"Don't pick a fight you can't win. You're not my equal."

He didn't.

Thankfully, a pack of skittles found itself spontaneously eviscerated and ran through by the beak of his mask. Pebbles, a mosaic of candy-coloring, scattered all about him and the floor. Somehow, a few of them ended up teleported inside his mask, trapped within the – in hindsight – foolishly designed nose of the mask. He turned his head to the obvious culprit, the skittles within his mask rattling as he shifted.

"Darcy." A single word, with a world's worth of disappointment.

This is silly. Taste the rainbo- ah, damn.

He pointed the nose of his mask at Darren, expression somewhat flustered beneath it.

Last edited:
WClTwP0.png

★ DASH BEAUREGARD ★
INTERACTS WITH: Charlie and Mickey MENTIONS: Almost EveryoneHAS THOUGHTS FOR DARREN? Very Embarassing Ones

You can pry my cellphone from my cold, dead hands, Boner, Dash thought, but he didn't vocalize. He knew that Lil had that handled, and he usually lost the comeback game against Max. How could so much damn poison end up in one person? Though Max may not know it, Dash did use a lot of the mean, witty things he said on Twitter. Made him look like a steel trap of both mind and looks.

He did flash a smile to Mickey and wink. "Nah, I'm not nervous, but thank you anyway." Wait? Should he be nervous? Maybe. He'd be more nervous if they said they were going to go fight Collins. She could land a punch. He had so many bruises from their sparring sessions. But he was the only one she felt comfortable hitting at full force. Why do so many people like hitting me? Question to answer for another time, because Collins didn't even look up from noshing on Brady's fries. Brady said nothing. Joseph talked about his jibblets. Ew. No. Heavily apply brain bleach.

His attention returned to Lil and Max when Lil reared up like an angry snake. Like anything different would happen. She was a humanized wolverine, all anger and destruction fully intact. Why did I have sex with her again? Ah. Shit. He probably shouldn't be thinking about that, Darren might pick up on it. Though, maybe he already knew. Eh. He could live without telepathic ribbing.

Professor Wiles stepped in, but Max was far from through. Dash didn't care though. Charlie said something about being on a team with Lil and Max. A team that did not at all have a heavy hitter. If Joseph, Collins, and Brady were going to be a group, he wouldn't be missed—right? Dash had his chance. Now he could be on a team with Charlie. He could protect her. She would thank him and drop the whole "if you want me to like you Dash you have to show me your true self" shit, and he could princess carry her back into the heliplane after this and they could—

Now's my time, Dash thought, unzipping his hoodie and throwing it over his shoulder. He couldn't hide his beautifully sculpted midsection, could he? Nope. It only added to the charm. He sidled up to Charlie, ignoring Max and Lil and only giving Shawn a passing glance.

"Hey Charlie," Dash said, placing his hand against the smooth metallic side of the heliplane. He hoped the ease at which he stood inspired both confidence and charm. It also showed off his musculature quite well, too. Bonus. "Quite a team you've got going here. But I see you lack a heavy-hitter. So, I would love to help with that and be on a team with you… andMaxandLilandShawn. Whatever." He pointed upwards. "And my face is up here." It was then that he felt his hand start to slip. Nope. Oh shit. He took a step back, his boot crunching and smearing a skittle into the ground. He lost all traction at that moment and immediately fell, landing on his ass. It was a jarring sensation, but the humiliation hurt worse.

Dash just laid there for a moment. Well, bury me. I'm dead.

YiK8CHN.png

★ GAIGE WEBSTER ★
INTERACTS WITH: Everyone MENTIONS: Almost EveryoneHAS THOUGHTS FOR DARREN?Like One

Gaige's attention lapsed from Janet the moment he noticed Delilah and Maxwell gearing up for an argument. Yet, Ryan stood and did his weird sagely blind mentor thing. Not that it did much good, Maxwell was still spouting off his 'better than thou' shit. Gaige did have money on a possible super villain coming from this class, and most of it was on Maxwell. A bit of it was on Darren. That kid was seven levels of edgelord.

And speaking of which—Gaige glared hard at the other's cigarette. If the professor had any powers that cigarette would cease to exist. "You cannot smoke around the kids," Harkwell had said. Right. He could tote a huge ass gun around and shoot them with it, but second-hand smoke was way more deadly. No. He had to clear his head. Ahem. Kids were his first priority. Well. Banging Janet was his first priority, kids were like the third underneath protecting Ryan. Who was, weirdly enough, playing solitaire. A blind man playing solitaire. That was—odd.

Gaige cleared his throat. A lot of questions were being tossed their way, but they were not prepared either. So, he thought he would answer for Janet. She was stretching, anyway. And he damn well didn't need to look at that if he was about to go into battle—with children.

"To answer your question Miss," shit what was their last name, ah fuck it, "Delilah. We are as unprepared as it sounds. This was sudden." He didn't know if she was paying attention or not. "This was very sudden," he said, addressing everyone. They probably ignored him. That's fine. He'd have the intense joy of watching them get the shit beaten out of themselves by villains, soon enough. "Engage to your full ability, Miss Charlie. Detain if you can, but mostly just try to stop them from harmin' civilians and destroyin' property. Whatever you do, don't risk your lives. This is not a life-or-death situation. Just keepin' the peace."

"You can be in teams, Mister Brady. I ain't choosin' them, though. Do the thing where you form cliques or whatever." He was probably a bit late on that. They already were. Some more successful than others. "Miss Mickey, you're not bein' graded, but don't just do nothin', okay? And sure. Let's establish a plan. Number one, don't die. Number two, figure out among yourselves. Sure. I'll grade that. Teamwork or somethin'."

Sarah spoke up them, generally to everyone, but most people were embroiled in an attempt to fight or to mate or to pull the lycra/spandex out of their nether bits. "Solid question there, Miss Sarah. I suggest using Miss Charlie for that. Or just knocking Doom out. I mean you probably can't make her more brain damaged than she already is, she's pretty up there. Or have Median direct her attacks at Doom. Or you can just shoot her, she can't explode energy. Just avoid bein' touched. Though, Doom usually avoids explodin' people, as she can't get out of the radius quick enough and usually get caught in the crossfire. Also, she's really attached to her suit. Like. Wow. And I'm derailin'." He scratched his chin. "The Author is pretty smart, but not powerful. Don't take her a toe-to-toe, and I especially advise that you set of kids," he waved in Collins direction, "don't handle her without one of the smart ones. Also, avoid messin' her up. She has kids. And she's rather attractive, even if she did turn me down for a date. But that's all unnecessary to know. Ah. Good luck and shit." Gaige then looked at Ryan, in hopes of getting a thumbs up or something.

» BRADY TAYLORS »​
"Keep talking like that Collins and you'll give some of the professors a run for their job." Brady teased. While it seemed like the young man was ignoring the gravity of the situation with the way he chuckled afterward, he knew in the back of his head that she was right. He gave her a nod, knowing that alone was enough to get that message across.

He spun to his other side at the first mentioning of Joseph's jibblets and let himself dip back into pretending they currently weren't heading to an actual life or death situation. The baseball extraordinaire just rolled his eyes at his good friend.

"Are you uh sure about that bud?" Brady laughed heartily, doing his best to swipe off the muffin crumbs that had taken the place of his fry bits. His tone more amused than annoyed, he shoved Joseph playfully. "I'd say there's a good portion of that muffin right here. On me."

But muffins more or less dropped from priority as things began to heat up between some of his other classmates. Brady hadn't been paying attention to them really, too many negative vibes for his liking personally, but whatever was wrong was becoming hard to ignore. He was tempted to attempt at pacifying the situation but then the Professor beat him to it. Brady just sat back and sighed toward no one in particular. "It always boils down to a dick measuring contest when it comes to Max. "

« MILES WASHINGTON «​
He didn't expect a suggestion and he especially didn't expect one from Darren. In the five months Miles had spent at Harkwell what interactions he had shared with the older student were negligible at best. But then the new kid remembered the other young man was a telepath.

Holy shit that's right, he can hear thoughts. Wait…does that mean he can hear this right now?

Miles sat up a little straighter and cleared his throat. He didn't really plan on talking while on the way but now that he was thinking bout it, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. In just a few minutes they'd have to rely on each other to stay safe after all.

Ignoring some fiasco regarding skittles and one of the sporty guys falling flat on his ass, Miles focused in on Darren.

"Yeah. You make a good point. Though I gotta admit that I need some time to practice before I go around trying to play Carlos Santana." He stopped, glanced down at his guitar and took a moment to strum the chorus of Brighton Rock. Yeah…That'll work.

"I appreciate the advice." Miles nodded before standing up. "Stay safe down there there, man."

⚜ CLAUDIA LEFEVRE ⚜​
If there was one thing that Claudia was sure of while she observed the hangar of students, it was that she still had plenty of work to do. These kids were far from ready for the scrutiny of the public eye and seeing as this mission involved not one but three villains that's exactly where they were going to end up.

If she had her way, she would've handled this on her own. But she had to remind herself that the glory days of heroing around were over. She was a professor now and all she could do was hope that the paparazzi's pictures come out well. Oh and hopefully nobody will die in the process of it all too... not that I'd ever allow that of course.

Her eyes shifted silently towards Gaige. Hmph. When it comes to the students at least. It was too bad that Jean had access to the yearbook pictures when 'Snowangel' was 'Slush Pile'. If it weren't for that Claudia would've fought harder when the head mistress first considered hiring Gaige. What Claudia saw as a PR disaster in the making, Harkwell saw a PR opportunity. She should've known the press would eat up a story about a reformed villain teaching today's heroic youth.

She stood up, unimpressed by the Captain's address and unappreciative about the fact he answered a question addressed to her. Her white heels clicked against the floor as she, with great distaste, moved to stand by his side.

"As you all know the professors won't intervene unless absolutely necessary. Don't get yourself killed and do try and remember last week's lessons on public appearance. It's very likely this mission will be covered by the media." She explained with utmost professionalism. Her tone shifted as she then gestured warmly towards Ryan. "If you or one of your classmates gets wounded, Professor Wiles is who you will report to, understood?"

TAGS for Brady | | @rissa, @Cerulean, @Shizuochan
TAGS for Miles | | @Effervescent
TAGS for Claudia | | @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Elle Joyner
ALL POSTS CONTAINS THOUGHTS FOR OUR EDGELORD ♡​

Last edited by a moderator:
no-lightbox

☣Delilah Buress☣

She could've kept it going. In a lot of ways, she wanted to… And the idiot egomaniac deserved it. He was an ass, with a big mouth and she was pretty sure no one on the ship would've cared a rat's furry backside if she laid him out with one hit. And God, did she want to. She didn't need her powers to do it, either.

Swift knee to the groin and you'd know what an equal looks like.

But in the end, what really mattered was that they had a mission to get to… And there were plenty of people she could take her aggression out on down on the ground. Pollyanna wound her up on the same team as the walking social disorder, but it was a moot point. If the teachers wanted to see what they could do, she would work anything to her advantage…

And she could deal with her frustrations in a more beneficial way, when the task was done.

Her eyes flickered over to Darren and she smirked. There were plenty of healthy alternatives to fighting, after all, "Fine..." She finally muttered, looking to the others, "Whatever. Just tell me where to be and when to let loose, Oh Wise Leader."

no-lightbox

✪Ryan Wiles✪

As Gaige sank down beside him, Ryan's lip curved into a smirk, "How the hell did you ever become a teacher?" He teased, and the smile broadened. He knew of course, the answer to that question. For all his faults… least of which was his blatant disregard for established decorum, Gaige was a damn fine man, who knew his stuff…

He'd lived a complicated life, and he had seen a lot on the other side of the tracks, so to speak, but that was a benefit to these kids - most of whom had grown up coddled, knowing very little about the way the real world worked and the dangers therein. That, and despite who he was before, he was intensely loyal, now. Objectively, it was better he was on their team. Subjectively, Ryan probably would've quit years ago with his friend and brother on staff.

He raised his eyes from his phone at the sound of Claudia's dulcet voice, nudging Gaige with an elbow, "Did she say my name? How's she look today? Damn. Life is just unfair, sometimes."

no-lightbox

✪Charlie Brauer✪

Charlie could almost sense Dash approaching before he arrived, whatever sixth sense that dictated this phenomenon rippling through her as she twisted to look behind her. His arrival was punctuated by a haughty smirk and a ridiculous lean-to posture and for a moment she could only watch, half amused, half mortified as he volunteered himself to their team.

But in typical Dash fashion, his ego won out over pure common sense and he took it a step too far. He was attractive. Any idiot could see as much… and there was something to say for the size of his rippling pectorals and biceps curves. Unfortunately, they were dwarfed in comparison to the size of his head.

He tried too hard… and it was a shame, because if he just made an effort to be himself…

Maybe it wouldn't be so hard to let you in…

Opening her mouth to gently rebuff the inappropriate suggestion concerning her eyeline, Charlie was staggered into silence when suddenly, Dash went down, hard. With a small squeak, Charlie crouched, hands hovering for a moment over him, before finally settling on his arm, "Oh, Dash.." She murmured, biting back a small laugh, "You okay, sweetie? Here… lemme help you up."

TAGS for Del ||@Shizouchan, @Effervescent (thoughts), @Everyone else
TAGS for Ryan|| @Tyrannosaurus Rekt
TAGS for Charlie || @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Effervescent (Thoughts), @Everyone else

★ VOLUME 1: CRASH AND BURN ★

Most of the citizens of Justice City had scattered, though a few were pinned around firey cars or debris from buildings. A news reporter bravely stood in front of the massive monument, documenting everything that was happening. Doom didn't care though. Let them see, she thought. It was a horrible, garish thing. A massive statue of Goldstar, made from literal gold--or maybe gold plating, it was hard to tell. Yet, there it was a celebration of how absolutely trite and self-absorbed the heroes that ran Justice City were. And on top of that, they weren't honoring the entire Hyperion League, just him. "The man who started it all," they'd said. "The man who always saved the day." As if only men contributed to the betterment of society. Pssht.

So, here Doom was, perched atop Goldstar's equally as golden head, glancing over the destruction she had caused. Well not just her, the Autorian and Median also helped. How could city authorities thought that this was going to go off without a hitch? As if some gold plated statue commemorating the most beloved hero of all time wouldn't be vandalized and burglarized almost immediately by a villain. Honestly, though, the city was Justice City and it was situated in Florida. Doom probably should have figured that's what would have happened.

Yet, what was curious was the lack of the Hyperion League. Not even one of their little lackey leagues was trying to stop them. She didn't know the last time she'd been allowed to rampage unchecked. Huh. Did they really think that less of her? Ah well, at least I get to take Goldstar's head home. Mount it on the wall. It was too big for a wall. Maybe theater stage.

Right at that moment she saw a heliplane. "Harkwell's" was emblazoned on the side of it. It was swerving around a building and to an empty parking lot of a building under construction. It was about twenty stories up. It had tried to stay out of sight, but it made the mistake of assuming that Doom was too busy terrorizing to notice.

She smiled wildly, floating off of Goldstar's head and grabbing it by it's hooded lip. With a tug and a twist she ripped it off. It was just gold plated. Shame. She then charged it with kinetic energy and hurled it towards the heliplane.

---​

Within the heliplane, everyone was too busy ribbing each other, talking to each other, or otherwise preoccupied to notice the flying golden head of Goldstar until it smashed directly into the side of the heliplane, sending it into a tailspin. They might have recovered had it not exploded right after that.

A massive flaming hole was formed in the side. Shrapnel of hot metal curled inside like some monster's maw. The heliplane vomited students and teachers alike, while keeping some trapped within as it crashed into the side of the, fortunately, empty building that was being constructed. The pilot of the heliplane was dead, but the fates of the rest of the members of Harkwell were up in the air--literally.

GDxPHwA.png
Max's thoughts unsettled Darren. He stared at the masked weirdo as other thoughts and conversations muddied the monologue. With one push Darren could cause enough brain damage in the pretentious asshole to render him incapable of taking a shit without assistance. But that wasn't something he cared to advertise, nor did he care to consider it a boast. It didn't feel great to him to have that kind of power, and it was something only the professors really knew about. He had yet to actually use it in the field.

Holy shit that's right, he can hear thoughts. Wait…does that mean he can hear this right now?

A spray of color burst out as a bag of skittles lodged itself into Max's mask. The little candies clattered against the floor and rolled about their feet as laughter pierced through the array of thoughts. Darren had to focus on Miles's mouth to catch all he was saying to him. Lip reading was still not a skill he would consider himself adept in. There was something about practice and working and thanks, and it was enough to get what the guitarist was conveying. Conversation over. Darren shrugged in response and leaned down to pick up a skittle only to have Dash fall over nearly clipping his hand. He pulled back just in time and watched the little candies skitter further away from him.

Everyone was too loud. It was too loud for Darren to think at all. His hands slowly moved to the sides of his head behind his hair, and he pressed the palms to his ears to mute the spoken conversations around him. He was picking up thoughts of people in nearby buildings within the city around and below them in clusters of indescribable dialog. But just as he worked to sift and organize it all, a span of six seconds changed their course.

Second one: moment of impact. Skittles and students were thrust against gravity with a force that threw off the heliplane.

Second two: trajectory overcompensation. The pilot was trying his best to keep control. Oh, god! the pilot thought repeatedly in horror. Metal groaned as a side ripped apart.

Second three: rudder malfunction causing a spin out. Students and skittles were flung from the heliplane. Darren's belt held him in place as his upper body was pulled with the force of gravity.

Second four: Dash prepared the remainders for impact as his form expanded with his powers. Oh Susan I... the pilot thought.

Second five: He was sure he was going to die. ...love you... was the last he heard from the pilot. Time seemed too short and too slow at once.

Second six: final impact. Metal screeched and the sudden halt sent Darren's head flinging back against the wall.

"You've got to keep on, Darren. Do you remember what momma said?"

Darren was only unconscious for a few seconds. Shock had his mind blank that slowly began to register the world around him. He was alive. His body felt numb and reality felt like nothing until finally Darren could form his own thought through the haze.

"Fuuuuuck," he said as he unbuckled himself from his seat.
Thoughts mentioned:
Dash @Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Maxwell @Shizuochan

Ok so maybe Brady should've been wearing his seatbelt. To be fair though, a giant hole being torn into the heliplane wasn't something you just expected to happen. The sound of metal tearing open, the wind rushing into the hangar and then the immediate sensation of falling. It all happened so quickly, there was almost no time to react.[/div]

He was looking up, with his back towards the ground while he dropped. He watched in disbelief as the heliplane went down, unable to tear his eyes away until he realized he wasn't the only one who got torn out.

The sensation of falling was one she'd gotten over many years ago. But to feel it randomly, without any warning, was more than a little unsettling. Collins let out a slight scream before she gathered her bearings, flipping and turning through the air until she righted herself into a decent landing position. Or at least one that wouldn't break too much of the street, or ya'know, her arms or some shit.

She didn't need to see the heliplane to know it crashed. Even through the rushing air she could hear it, exploding upon impact. Collins looked around, for Brady, who was sitting right next to her, and Joseph who was right next to him. Racking her mind she tried to remember who all was sitting near her; they were most likely falling too…

But at least she could take a fall like this… As could Brady and Joe, but how many of the others could?

"Fuck."

It was almost a knee jerk reaction. As soon as they were sucked out of the plane, a combination of expletives and a sudden bullshift turned Joseph into a falling hunk of beef. He looked around to try and see what what going on, and it seemed for the most part that the people around him could handle the fa-- Fucking Mickey. "Mickey!" He quickly reached out and tried to cradle her as much as he possibly could, with the added size and muscle. The rats would likely chew him a new one but he wasn't about to lose her. It was his personal preference and duty to save others.

The last thing Mickey remembered before being forcefully ejected from the plane was trying to convince herself that eating a heliplane skittle wasn't the same as eating a floor skittle. Needless to say, none of that mattered when she found herself hurtling out of the plane and towards the ground at a frightening speed. "Aren't small people supposed to fall slower? What the fuuuuu--" The sound of rushing air combined with her screaming was enough to almost completely deafen her but she could have sworn she heard someone scream her name.

"If that's you death please take me before I hit the ground!!" She blabbered, just as someone or something wrapped their arms around her flailing legs.

Brady spun himself around as fast as he possibly could. The ground was coming quickly and while saving all his classmates became his first priority, his first instinct was to grab Collins-- even though he knew she could survive the landing.

Altering gravity's effect on him, Brady used the enhanced speed of his fall to reach her first. He shot her a grin as he grabbed her by the arm but said nothing else as his powers extended to her and they barreled downwards towards Joseph and Mickey.

"Quickly, grab me!" Brady shouted over the sound of the wind, extending his arm out to them.

The sinking sensation ceased once Brady grabbed ahold of her wrist and shaking free of the free-falling nerves, reached out to Joe and Mickey as well.

"Mickey! Joseph!" Collins shouted, watching their descent bring them near the pair.

Wow. Death sounded a lot like Collins. Which was odd because it sounded male earlier. At this point, Mickey realized two things; One, Death most likely wasn't present and screaming her name. And two, she should probably open her eyes. As soon as she did however, she immediately regretted it because man, she was falling fast and the rapid motion was making her nauseous. But at the same time, she was happy because if she hadn't have opened her eyes, she wouldn't have seen Joseph clinging to her legs as well as Collins and Brady rapidly approaching them from above.

Stretching out a hand, Mickey hoped to hell the pair would reach them before they met the ground in a bloody splat.

"For god sakes help her, you bearded tit!" Joseph yelled, perhaps unnecessarily at Brady. She was reaching out to him as best she could and in reality, his brotato would be able to save her better than he could. That thought irked him. Damn gravity bullshit and you're not sharing french fries and shit.

Trying to help her reach Brady, even if it meant he was the only one to take the real fall, Red Bull tried using his extra size to reach or at least push Mickey in mid-air towards his best friend.

By the grace of rat god, Mickey managed to grasp Collins hand and the with the help of Brady's gravity manipulation, they clumsily locked arms. Then like monkeys in a barrel, they delicately floated towards the ground. Well...Not that delicately, but at least they weren't dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.