• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the top of the elevator would be a somewhat familiar face.

"Oh, no, not you guys again!"

What a coincidence. Well, might as well see if he has anything to say, at least. Or not.

@Jeremi @Verite @Shiawase​
Kana punched him in the face upon reflex.

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Kana punched him in the face upon reflex.

@Kaykay @Jeremi
"My face!"

And Goto was punched in the face. Karin in the meantime finally caught up to the rest of them. "Sorry I'm la- DID YOU PUNCH THAT GUY IN THE FACE? And aren't you the guy from the nightclub?"

The cop held his nose with his hand, a little blood seeping out from it. "What's wrong with you, woman?!"

@Jeremi @Verite

Meiko then smiled so widely that her eyes god smaller behind her glasses. "What codewords? I am not hiding anything. We're sent to find the hen, which is you. And we're going to steal the eggs that you're keeping warm in your nest!" She then nervously waited for what might come next, though she didn't let her nervousness show to anyone.

@Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman
'Hen? I am the Wolf. One of the World's primary weapons manufacturers. I have Military Contracts that you can't even know about. But I never thought that the Capsules would ever take such an interest in anything like that. What are you really looking for? If you don't take my questions seriously, I'll let Captain Murdock deal with this interrogation.' Almost in response to this, the Guard Captain loaded another cartridge into his gun, smiling beneath his mask at the opportunity to potentially mete 'justice'.

@Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman

"My face!"

And Goto was punched in the face. Karin in the meantime finally caught up to the rest of them. "Sorry I'm la- DID YOU PUNCH THAT GUY IN THE FACE? And aren't you the guy from the nightclub?"

The cop held his nose with his hand, a little blood seeping out from it. "What's wrong with you, woman?!"

@Jeremi @Verite
Oops.

With a flustered expression, Kana stepped back. "S-Sorry, you startled me and I...!"

This was not, in fact, the slick "casual punch" that an action hero would do, but just a reflex of someone decently trained in CQC.

"W-Well, anyway... What are you doing here? Are you a guard?"

Awkwardly moving away and trying to avoid the "punch in the face" thing now.

@Kaykay @Jeremi

'Hen? I am the Wolf. One of the World's primary weapons manufacturers. I have Military Contracts that you can't even know about. But I never thought that the Capsules would ever take such an interest in anything like that. What are you really looking for? If you don't take my questions seriously, I'll let Captain Murdock deal with this interrogation.' Almost in response to this, the Guard Captain loaded another cartridge into his gun, smiling beneath his mask at the opportunity to potentially mete 'justice'.

@Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman

Meiko shrugged. "You're the wolf?", she asked. "But why does the wolf need such a cozy nest here? And if you're the wolf, why did you ask us to steal your own eggs from your own nest? Maybe you're trying to do insurance fraud?" She looked at the others. "Are you as confused as I am?", she asked them.

@Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman

Oops.

With a flustered expression, Kana stepped back. "S-Sorry, you startled me and I...!"

This was not, in fact, the slick "casual punch" that an action hero would do, but just a reflex of someone decently trained in CQC.

"W-Well, anyway... What are you doing here? Are you a guard?"

Awkwardly moving away and trying to avoid the "punch in the face" thing now.

@Kaykay @Jeremi
"..."

Goto was not amused. At least she didn't, like, knock him out or something. Especially since there didn't seem to be much else around. But he had to do his job or something anyway.

"Shitty grunt work," he sighed deeply before looking up at the trio again. "Whatever, I was supposed to give some information on Shiawase to the next people who came up here. For some reason."

What kind of strange job was that? Who knew.

"Guess you guys probably don't know anything about it, huh?" he asked, scratching his head. Figuring that was the case by their presumably unimpressed faces he started again. "Don't know how that can be possible, but whatever. It's the eighth largest corporation in the world. Recently, its been working from the Shiawase ideal. The Shiawase Damashii, some plan this company came up with, prescribes the way a good and proper Shiawase citizen thinks, acts, dresses, lives, marries, educates his children, and even dies. Pretty ridiculous if you ask m-"

"That's ridiculous!" Karin interjected redundantly.

"...Right. Anyw-"

"Let's stomp these guys into the ground! Who do they think they are, trying to tell people how to live?!"

"Can I finish...?"

@Verite @Jeremi

"..."

Goto was not amused. At least she didn't, like, knock him out or something. Especially since there didn't seem to be much else around. But he had to do his job or something anyway.

"Shitty grunt work," he sighed deeply before looking up at the trio again. "Whatever, I was supposed to give some information on Shiawase to the next people who came up here. For some reason."

"Guess you guys probably don't know anything about it, huh?" he asked, scratching his head. Figuring that was the case by their presumably unimpressed faces he started again. "Don't know how that can be possible, but whatever. It's the eighth largest corporation in the world. Recently, its been working from the Shiawase ideal. The Shiawase Damashii, some plan this company came up with, prescribes the way a good and proper Shiawase citizen thinks, acts, dresses, lives, marries, educates his children, and even dies. Pretty ridiculous if you ask m-"

"...Right. Anyw-"

"Let's stomp these guys into the ground! Who do they think they are, trying to tell people how to live?!"

"Can I finish...?"

@Verite @Jeremi
Joan had been staying in the back as the stuff went down but she finally gained some courage to speak up. "O-oh hi...you're that cute cop from the club...Joan liked you."

@Verite @Kaykay

Miles strolled into Unidas. Oh boy was he tempted to say 'Take me to your leader', as he entered the Skyscraper, but he refrained for now. It appears that he was the only one who'd chosen to go here. Ah well, at least he could have a bit of fun. He whistled the tune to 'Alone Again, Naturally', still aware that no-one else would notice the irony. As he wandered up to the front desk, he decided to play it cool-even using a fake accent and everything. 'Hello there, I'm here to see the CEO on a matter of urgent business. Some....shipments have gone amiss, and I've got some very important documents from some very important people.'
The key to a con, as Miles had once been taught, was to keep things simple. He hoped, by sticking to that role, that the corporate espionage would run smoothly.

@The Silver Paladin @Unidas

The manager looked back at an empty desk. "Bailey Dansford, 3 year employee of the company, Data Analyst." He said. It seemed the manager had a memory implant of some sort, as he was reciting it somewhat like a computer.

He looked at Hanako. "Hanako Musoka, CEO of a Minor Corporation." The manager returned to normal. "Right, well, uh, excuse me a moment." He said. He stepped to the back of the room. Salarymen and women kept running and rushing back and forth. It had become a madhouse. The servers were running smoothly, and technicians typed things on monitors.

Something seemed to be happening.

Finally, after a few minutes, a woman who had Fox Ears and a tail approached you. She wore traditional Japanese clothing, and carried a fan.

366c30e0.jpg

"Sorry to keep you waiting. If you would follow me, please."

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @york @The Great Detective
Hanako Musoka
@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Silver Paladin @The Great Detective

"Ooookay..." Hanako said, shrugging a little, looks like Kim had his way of figuring out what he didn't know... Oh well, no biggie, though he wasn't sure what was up with this strange Kitsune-like woman they were following... Was she another employee? Some sorta hologram? Hard to tell...​

Miles strolled into Unidas. Oh boy was he tempted to say 'Take me to your leader', as he entered the Skyscraper, but he refrained for now. It appears that he was the only one who'd chosen to go here. Ah well, at least he could have a bit of fun. He whistled the tune to 'Alone Again, Naturally', still aware that no-one else would notice the irony. As he wandered up to the front desk, he decided to play it cool-even using a fake accent and everything. 'Hello there, I'm here to see the CEO on a matter of urgent business. Some....shipments have gone amiss, and I've got some very important documents from some very important people.'
The key to a con, as Miles had once been taught, was to keep things simple. He hoped, by sticking to that role, that the corporate espionage would run smoothly.

@The Silver Paladin @Unidas

luxury-hotel-lobby-zxqlkte1i.jpg

The lobby was very fancy. A statue was in the middle of a fountain. It seemed very Renaissance era, and in fact, the statue was a Lost Michelangelo Sculpture, so...

Anyway, it was very European. Paintings adorned various walls, and classical music played. It was a very classical style entrance. In contrast, electronics screens were also in walls, talking about products and innovations at Unitas. When Miles walked in, a bunch of people in suits and nice clothes stared, shrugged and went back to their business.

At the front desk, a woman looked up.

d271348aadd57be1d93e9ec70adfcd62.jpg

"You don't look like you work here. What's your system ID Number?"

Joan had been staying in the back as the stuff went down but she finally gained some courage to speak up. "O-oh hi...you're that cute cop from the club...Joan liked you."

@Verite @Kaykay
"A...Are you talking in third person?" The cop rubbed his forehead. She was weird before, but at least she spoke normally.

Sort of. If some false accusations were normal.

"Right. Anyway. Are you guys here to take down Shiawase, or what? The boss wasn't too clear on that."

@Verite @Jeremi

Miles looked at the Secretary, a mix of dismay and desperation in his eyes. 'Please, I don't have time for this, I have to see the CEO. It could be a matter of life and death-'
Boy was his trigger finger itching right about now. But he really needed to keep up the con. He could always try giving a fake name and number, but for how long would it stall them?
@The Silver Paladin

Hanako Musoka

"Ooookay..." Hanako said, shrugging a little, looks like Kim had his way of figuring out what he didn't know... Oh well, no biggie, though he wasn't sure what was up with this strange Kitsune-like woman they were following... Was she another employee? Some sorta hologram? Hard to tell...​

The Kitsune woman bowed. "Ah, I'm sorry." She straightened her kimono, and ran her hand over her ears.. " I'm Sanda Katsumi." The girl seemed a bit jumpy. "So, I-I'm supposed to take you up to Dr Kim. We'll go up through the labs."

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective

Miles looked at the Secretary, a mix of dismay and desperation in his eyes. 'Please, I don't have time for this, I have to see the CEO. It could be a matter of life and death-'
Boy was his trigger finger itching right about now. But he really needed to keep up the con. He could always try giving a fake name and number, but for how long would it stall them?
@The Silver Paladin

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm going to need something to go on. Annaliesia is incredibly busy at this moment, and I can't just bother her with anything. If you would wait a little while, I can ask." The secretary said checking her computer.

This place probably wouldn't be the best place to shoot up, y'know, considering it was a Megacorporation, and they run private militaries. Also, it was way too fancy to shoot up.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm going to need something to go on. Annaliesia is incredibly busy at this moment, and I can't just bother her with anything. If you would wait a little while, I can ask." The secretary said checking her computer.

This place probably wouldn't be the best place to shoot up, y'know, considering it was a Megacorporation, and they run private militaries. Also, it was way too fancy to shoot up.
Miles sighed. 'Fine.' He paused for a moment. Make it sound convincing. He was tempted to give 'Kaneda', as his name, the only problem being that he had no idea what Kaneda's surname was. Or maybe Kaneda was his first name? Ah well, time was ticking. 'Danny Blue, 9097832J.'
Made it up on the spot, perfect. Just enough time for him to try and run towards the lifts, or stairs, or wherever the exit was, and find out where the CEO was.
He ran like he'd never ran before.
Chances were that he'd be captured. Unless there actually was a poor idiot by that name, with that number.
@The Silver Paladin

Miles sighed. 'Fine.' He paused for a moment. Make it sound convincing. He was tempted to give 'Kaneda', as his name, the only problem being that he had no idea what Kaneda's surname was. Or maybe Kaneda was his first name? Ah well, time was ticking. 'Danny Blue, 9097832J.'
Made it up on the spot, perfect. Just enough time for him to try and run towards the lifts, or stairs, or wherever the exit was, and find out where the CEO was.
He ran like he'd never ran before.
Chances were that he'd be captured. Unless there actually was a poor idiot by that name, with that number.
@The Silver Paladin

The woman looks at the computer, and types it in. An error appears on the screen.

"Sir, it says that number doesn't exist."

And with that, Miles plowed into a group of angry business people, who started shouting at him in many languages. If Miles leaped, he would have cleared the fountain's edge!

Unfortunately, he fell face down into the fountain. Now, Miles was wet, had a Receptionist, and a bunch of angry business people after him.

The woman looks at the computer, and types it in. An error appears on the screen.

"Sir, it says that number doesn't exist."

And with that, Miles plowed into a group of angry business people, who started shouting at him in many languages. If Miles leaped, he would have cleared the fountain's edge!

Unfortunately, he fell face down into the fountain. Now, Miles was wet, had a Receptionist, and a bunch of angry business people after him.
Miles rolled his eyes. 'Wow, my hair is a mess.' he said sarcastically, sitting up in the Fountain. 'Alright, you got me. Take me to your leaders.' He said, in a sing-song voice, raising his hands, mockingly. 'Bee-Tee-Dubs, I love the Décor. Just on the right side of Snobbish. In all seriousness, don't try and kill me.'
@The Silver Paladin

"..."

"...Right. Anyw-"

"Can I finish...?"

@Verite @Jeremi
"A...Are you talking in third person?" The cop rubbed his forehead. She was weird before, but at least she spoke normally.

Sort of. If some false accusations were normal.

"Right. Anyway. Are you guys here to take down Shiawase, or what? The boss wasn't too clear on that."

@Verite @Jeremi
"... Y-Yeah, we are."

Throat clearing of confidence boosting activated.

Ahem.

"I mean, yes. We are!"

"Where do we start?"

@Kaykay @Jeremi

"Sorry, ah..." Makiko tilted her head slightly, wondering if she'd bonked her head ages and every moment after then hadn't been some feverish nightmare. "I admit I'm not feeling too well. Can we move this along?"

Anything to get herself moving. Maybe her thoughts would start to make sense.

@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective

Hanako Musoka

The Kitsune woman bowed. "Ah, I'm sorry." She straightened her kimono, and ran her hand over her ears.. " I'm Sanda Katsumi." The girl seemed a bit jumpy. "So, I-I'm supposed to take you up to Dr Kim. We'll go up through the labs."

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective
"Sorry, ah..." Makiko tilted her head slightly, wondering if she'd bonked her head ages and every moment after then hadn't been some feverish nightmare. "I admit I'm not feeling too well. Can we move this along?"

Anything to get herself moving. Maybe her thoughts would start to make sense.

@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective
For some reason, Bailey felt a bit of unease upon seeing the kitsune woman. Nevertheless, she continued to follow the group, not seeming to say a word.

@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Atomyk @york

Status
Not open for further replies.