Status
Not open for further replies.
Torna sat, relieved his old friend was alive, and would be well. "Ancients be praised..." He leaned forward, and asked, "Lord Buras, a question: In my clan, there is a brewery known for producing the precursers to the Soul-Bane potion. Is it your command that they immediately be investigated for possible links?"

Reactions: PoetLore
Feolis was pleased that the Berkak was not dead. He turned to his fellow Valena, and commanded, in their mother tongue, "Let your families be warned. Soul-bane is under total ban, and will incur death by my hand. Am I perfectly clear, members of the Valena?"

The Arbiter sat, his anger slowly dissipating, and he magically called the Royal Diadem to him. After his anger totally subsided, he spoke, still heard by all. "And now, those who are lords will approach to see which of them will be chosen for the position of Emperor. The same color choice is at work here. Green for acceptance, Red for denial. The Ancients have made a choice. Who their choice is, I do no know. If you are not the choice, do not think it to be that you are unworthy of such a position, but that you were simply not who the Ancients wanted to rule this land."

He lifted the Diadem, and said, "Let the first Lord stand forth."

Renn helped Garrick sit when the man grabbed him bodily. "Have a Garrick," he said, "I just told you I could not heal you magically. You will tear your stitches and create more work for me." He grinned though when Aylina hugged Garrick and the Berkak looked so stunned he almost forgot to hug her back. He was amused and charmed by the interaction.

"Aylina," he said softly, "You need to be careful of your arm as well."

He wagged a finger at both of them, "I mean it. No lifting, no excess movements. You need to rest now Garrick."

He heard what the Arbiter was saying about the soul-bane and also saw that he seemed to ahve calmed a bit. he was glad of it. He was a bit curious though. he leaned over to the Arbiter and spoke softly into his ear, "Should we perhaps...maybe...clean up the um...bisected person before we proceed?"

@Aragon

The Arbiter's singlemindedness had apparently struck, and he shook his head, a bit embarrassed, and waved his hand. "There shall be no burial unless Lady Magana wishes it. The body will be placed in a box, with an odor ward on it." The body and its blood disappeared, a box placed next to the door of the Ferregard quarters. "Were it my wish, that body would burn." He said, softly, "Thank you, Renn, for bringing me down to earth."

Kylessa smiled at Buras and bowed, "Thank you," she said, "I will be certain to make any future suspicions known." She promised and then made her way back to her seat next to General Aradove.

The next pronouncement of the Arbiter though had her almost squirming in her seat. She heard the Berkak admit to having such a brewery in his clan and she could not remain silent. "My family has such a winery, Sir,' she said honestly, "It is a very ancient brewer of wine and other beverages, but I do know they have the capability of crafting the soul-bane poison." She didn't say aloud, but she felt sure her father had the capacity, cruelty and vengeful temperament that would ahve allowed him to easily send such a thing to this place. He had been dishonored and that was reason enough to attempt such a thing.

"My father is capable of such vengeance. I would submit him for investigation."

General Aradove nodded, "It shall be done." he stood then and moved to present himself to the Arbiter. "Lord of the Jabari," he said formally, "Be it as the ancients desire."

Last edited by a moderator:
Garrick huffed at Renn and then realized how painful just that simple act was. He looked down and saw for the first time that his shirt was gone and that his side looked like an old darned sock. before he could react any further Aylina was hugging him and his eyes widened and he was so shocked that it took him a second to hug her back. He was not able to hug her as he'd ahve liked but he did hug her.

Renn was fussing again and he was about to tell him to stop treating him like an old woman when he heard the Arbiter speak about the soul-bane. He turned and listened and then nodded his approval. He shook his head at Renn then, "I'll rest after the emperor is chosen," he said and gave him a stubborn look that spoke volumes. "And not before."

He frowned though, "Did you HAVE to cut my tunic?' he asked making a puzzled face at him. "Not sure that fancy stitching was worth losing a perfectly good tunic over."

He gave Aylina's hand a squeeze, "Thank you," he said, "I am so glad to see you alive and well. I would never have forgiven myself..."

@Maggie

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Aylina grinned as Garrick certainly seemed back to his old self, fussing over a shirt! She nodded solemnly to Renn however, promising she'd take it easy, and would make sure Garrick would get rest before too long as well. As to Feolis' instruction, she agreed completely. Poisoning was not something to take lightly, and as a child, she'd once seen her father murder a middle-aged business man because he suspected him of being unfair in a transaction! "I nominate my father as well. No love lost there." She added, certain by now he was home fuming at her "Ghastly Behavior" during this entire time. She would send a letter explaining herself, but doubted this would improve their relationship. How fast it had gone from "caring concerned dad, sending her so far," to "what a disappointment". Yes, she knew very well what to expect from him. "Garrick, maybe you should rest- there's not much for us to do at this time, and we really should be careful. If Renn couldn't fix us with magic, that dagger could be nastier than we realize." She prompted gently.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Aragon
Magana Sighed at Buras' take on the whole thing. "I fear youa re quite close to the truth of this matter." she agreed, "Such cold greed will stop at nothing to achieve its end. That will make for a very vicious enemy to the new Emperor." She tried to think of Ferregard that might fall intot hat category and her gaze fell to general Vlog immediately.

Initially he held her gaze but he could not maintain the facade for long and cast his gaze away from her. her brow lifted and she looked at Buras, "Excuse me please," she said and rose from her seat and walked across the room to stand before Vlog, he towered over her but at that moment he seemed small and slightly afraid.

"General Vlog," She said in a low voice for only him to hear, "I give you this one chance to swear fealty to me and the soon to be crowned Emperor of Ilkaria. If you do not, I will give you over to the Arbiter for interrogation." This was a mercy on her part, for all his years of sacrifice and servie to their people on the battlefield. It would be easy to be overcome by temptation of such a anture, when you were tired and weary of battle.

Vlog looked at her and he saw the knowledge there in ehr eyes and he knew that she knew, HOW she knew, he was not sure, but she knew. He dropped to his knee and bowed his head, "Lord of all Ferregard, you have my oath and my fealty. This I swear to you and to the Emperor of Ilkaria, crowned this day from this day forward."

Magana nodded, "Rise General, your fealty is accepted."

She turned then and joined General Aradove, "Magana Dreambreaker, Lord of the Ancient House of Ferregard. I will accept the choice of the ancients this day, no matter which of us is chosen. I offer myself for inspection."

@Beowulf

"Yes, please do." he said to both Kylessa and Torna. While the rest of the delegates seemed to be flying around the room to talk to one another about plans and such. Meanwhile here he sat, with the occasional Berkak delegate coming up to him to ask if they should investigate their own brewery. They were all grown and knew what they should do, they shouldn't come to ask him what to do. None of them should have to in the first place, but the few that did come to him didn't have full and proper beards yet so he could understand their hesitation.

Once the Lords began stepping forward to be tested on who would be Emperor, Buras took that as a sign to do the same and got up. Not before hastily grabbing a few fruits he could quickly pop into his mouth and swallow. "Aye, I'm ready." he said to the Arbiter, stepping forward with the rest. Hm, he needed to work on that, it didn't sound anything like what a Lord would say.

• Love
Torna sat to silently watch the proceedings. He was no lord, but he was a chieftain, and he needed to know exactly how he needed to rule. He wrote notes, and made observations about each and every lord and lady. Next to come was the testing of the Lords to determine who would be the emperor. His nose for weirdness was definitely showing him that something interesting was on the wind.

Feolis stood, and joined the others standing before the Arbiter. "General Feolis, lord of the Valena, submitting to the Will of the Ancients, Lord Arbiter." He bowed slightly, and continued, "May their will be shown here this day."

The Arbiter moved to stand facing the lords, and spoke. "Lords, Ladies. Welcome. This day we determine who shall rule all of Ilkaria. I do not know, as I said, who will rule. I do know that there is a slight possibility of dual rule. I do not know if that will be what happens, but I know today we will know. By accepting the test of the Diadem you swear to adhere to the decision of the Ancients. Who is accepted has passed the test of the Ancients. Know that BEFORE you accept this test. Now, first General Aradove hath presented himself. General Aradove. I now will test you."

He stood behind the General, and laid the Diadem upon his head. It paused, then glowed red. "Lord Delegate, you are not accepted as Emperor. You may return to your position."

Then he turned to Buras, and put the Diadem on him. It glowed red. "Lord Delegate, you are not accepted as Emperor. You may return to your position."

He then turned to Feolis and did the same. However, this time, alternately pulsed green and white. "This changes things. The Ancients have selected two to serve. The first selection is the Emperor, while the second will rule with him. Your Emperor is Feolis. There still must be a Regent chosen. I will not cease this test until that Regent is found."

Next was the Laren warrior Ames. It glowed red. "Lord Delegate, you are not accepted as Emperor Regent. You may return to your position."

Up next was Magana. It glowed green. "The Regent has been decided. Lords, Ladies, your Emperor is Feolis. Your Empress Regent is Magana. All Hail the Emperor! All Hail the Empress Regent! Long May They Reign!"

Renn was quite pleased with the Ancient's choices. He applauded and bowed slightly to them both. He felt the right people had been chosen, even though he knew his opinion was not important. the Ancients knew things none of them knew.

General Rolena had been standing next to Magana awaiting his turn to submit himself before the ancients, but the Arbiter did not place the crown upon his head. He simply announced the two who had been chosen and he felt completely overlooked and somehow insulted. He returned to the Aedairin delegation and felt a cloud of suspicion flood his mind and heart. Did not Feolis' turn at the crown flash first red and then green and white? Perhaps it would ahve done the same for him. Now no one will know, because he was not given the opportunity to be tested. None of this showed on his face, he appeared the very image of happiness and support.

Renn then turned to Garrick and Aylina, "Now...this is all done. You must rest." he waved to the Arbiter, "Can you please use your power to move Garrick to his bed?' he asked, "He should not be moving about..."

• Love
Reactions: Aragon
The Arbiter nodded, then announced, "Everyone, the official crowning will be held one hour after the noon meal ends. You are free to roam the grounds until then. The Emperor and Empress Regent may return to their people and prepare. It is to their people to provide appropriate garments for their crowning. Meanwhile, this day's meeting is adjourned." He turned to Garrick, and carefully lifted him with magic. "Lead me to his quarters, Renn. See that he is well positioned once I lower him to bed."

Renn blinked, "I can follow, but I have no idea which are his," he said as he looked at Garrick, "Forgive me Garrick...I have been remiss in my offering of friendship."

He looked at Aylina, "I assume you will want to join us," he said to her with a smile, "Please allow me to help you," he said offering his arm for support.

Garrick frowned at Renn and waved a dismissive hand at him but then he was lifted magically and just rolled his eyes, "What?' he said at Renn, "For pity sake boy," he said shaking his head, "I only know where your quarters are because I know where everyone's quarters are, not because i ahve actually BEEN to any of them." He clicked his tongue and pointed, "Go left, if we must go in such a manner."

He looked at Aylina, "you don't have to come," he said but then smiled a soft smile, "But it would be very nice if you did."

He looked at the Arbiter, "After the left follow the hall to the right and I am the first door on the right."

@Maggie @Aragon

The Arbiter walked with Garrick hovering prone in front of him, following the instructions that Garrick gave to him. He carefully lowered the Berkak to the bed, and then passed his own magic through Garrick. "That should speed your recovery significantly, Garrick. I may not be much of a healer, but I can give energy." He smiled, and said, "Rest well, Ambassador Garrick."

After cheering for Magana's new status as emperor, Aylina accepted the help from Renn, gratefully. "Of course I'll go with you two. Someone's got to make sure you're not going to do anything rash, or be too fussy of a patient and upset Renn's help." She added with a smile to both Renn and Arbiter. "I only need to get a few things from my room and then I can fully help attend your recovery, Garrick." She added, thinking of a change of clothes since her sleeve was torn on her blouse. She would take care of her own needs only after Garick was seen to!

Kylessa was shocked that General Aradove had not been chosen. She honestly felt he was the greatest man she had ever known. Still, she could see how Magana was a good choice and so was Feolis. At least the general would be part of the parliament and be able to have an influence in that manner. She felt it was also good that members of opposing forces during the war were now going to rule together. That would help bring peace, surely it would.

She overheard Garrick fussing about being carted out of the great hall in the manner he was, and he chuckled softly behind her hand. He needed the help but his grumpiness was humorous.

She placed a hand on general Aradove's sleeve when he returned, "I am sorry," she said, "I was sure you would be Emperor."

He smiled at her and covered her hand with his own, "You flatter me Kylessa," he said, "I would have been shocked if someone with hands as bloody as mine had been chosen."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Status
Not open for further replies.