Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
@Phi Chisym Oh crap. Nah, I can change Lisa's name to something else. That's totally my fault. Lisa Cardigan can be Lynda Cardigan now. I'll just go ahead and edit everything.

Edit: Done.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
Hey, sorry i been rather MIA since signing on. I just dropped a wiki entry as a show of good faith that i meant to get to get back to this.

@Chatoyante Can i ask what exactly you have in mind

Reactions: Vardoger
@Proficiency Oooo remastered classic movie rentals? That's something I honestly never thought about. So now our RP can have Star Wars? LOL
I bet the black market for original movies and original movie soundtracks is huge!

Also, do you think Tobias and Mark would be familiar with one another? Depending on the timeline, it'd be neat if the nursery rhymes came from Lydian Ledgers & Tomes. xP (The bookstore opened about 20 years ago)

Unrelated.

So I updated some things. Nothing huge. Made the first post here a sticky Table of Contents and rearranged the links about. Redid some formatting, changed "Your GM(s)" to "Notable Players". Tried to explain "Notable Mechanics" more understandably.
Also tried to make it more obvious that you don't have to read the Extended Info in order to play. This thread is huge and while everyone already here seems to love reading that stuff, I don't want to scare new people off just by the sheer mass of it.

Anyway, the most notable change is some clarification I added in a spoiler to the rules of the Player-Driven Wiki. That is, this rule:
Posts here must not directly contradict the mythos laid out in The Extended Information posts.

I added the following clarification on that, to make it more obvious that you don't have to read the Extended Info to contribute anything to the wiki without fear:
To ease some anxiety, almost nothing will directly conflict with the Extended Info unless your contribution directly references something that was also in the introductory lore post.

Example 1:
You noted in the introductory lore that what clefs do is pretty vague, so you want to make a new division in the clef department specifically for traffic tickets.

Clef departments aren't mentioned at all in the introductory lore, so you're fine without even reading the Extended Info posts about clefs. But if you wanted to make sure, you could go to the clef post in Extended Info and see that, hm, there's only one division listed! You're good to go. Time to make your traffic division of Clefs! No GM-permission needed!

Example 2:
You want to make the place the DJ was invented.

The DJ is a plot-centric device and it's mentioned in the introductory lore that nobody knows where it is (currently). To be on the safe side, you should probably see if there's any info on the DJ in the Extended lore. But if you go there, it pretty much says the same thing the introductory lore did: it's mysterious, it's a neurotoxin, nobody knows where it is.
This sounds like a situation where it's left intentionally vague for players to insert what they want (spoiler alert: it 100% is). As long as your location isn't currently where the DJ is located, you're good to go.

HOWEVER, what if you really really want to make the invention place also the current place for the DJ? You totally can, you just need to run the idea by the GM first before you post it here.
In fact, you can even make a character who currently holds the DJ- just run your idea by the GM first to make sure it's ok.
When in doubt, or if you think something conflicts but you want to create it anyway, PM @Vardoger or @Chatoyante first. We can probably still make it work!

I hope this is worded well enough, clears some things up, and opens opportunities. =]

EDIT2:
I edited the front page of this thread even more. Hopefully it looks better and is less information overload for potential players.

Last edited:
@Proficiency I didn't have a super definite direction, but the way I'm taking his story is that he's still looking into the old investigation surrounding Rae and Rye (y'know, unofficially and secretively >>), particularly anything having to do with Rae's possible guilt in the situation. I was thinking that maybe he'd try to question your character to get any leads in finding Rae guilty/Rye actually innocent. Not to say that Michael (or the files he's carrying) actually know how your character was involved, but maybe that your character was listed as a minor suspect/witness on the papers and Michael decided to prod for info?

I AM SO HERE. No, really. I am still interested. I still need to catch up on the IC thread, but expect something out of me sometime this week.

Love the new additions!

@Lost-and-Bewildered You still in for some Nadia-Jett interactions? (@Vardoger Assuming Monday is still game?

@Proficiency It's already the next day?
I removed the time mechanic, so we can do whatever now. Unless you guys want me to make GM official time posts?
I am definitely up for any suggestions, I don't exactly know what I'm doing as GM half the time.

@Shavynel NO SORRY YOU'RE BANNED, YOU INACTIVE JERK. D:<
lol jk. Yeah we're still good.

@Lost-and-Bewildered YAY! ^___^

@Vardoger D: I BLAME NADIA'S BAD INFLUENCE. I mean Thank you glorious GM for leaving my head upon my shoulders. *ingratiating bow*

@Phi Chisym so it seems @PlainJoe hasn't logged in in 3 weeks. I'm going to change my Soren post to have him partner up with Silas instead.

Unless that totally kills whatever plans you had for your first IC post?
Anyway, it's whatever, let me know. I can adapt. But I did edit my post if you want to go with that.

@Proficiency
Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's the next day and you should make an IC post. Px

@ anyone
I don't know what to do with the Nus. ._.
Ryan's the only one left. Should I make a new Nu character for him? Should I just not post anything dealing with Nus for a while? Should I kill Rye off and totally unexpectedly get rid of all the Nus?
Should I just... RP Rye like nothing's wrong?
So many options.
None of them feel too great.
._____.

Last edited:
@Lost-and-Bewildered If that isn't enough to go off of, I actually have a bit more of a post. It just it's different. I'm totally cool with shorter posts / shorter turn around. (Or ... I hear there's this thing called a collab post? Yeah, I don't know either, but I'd try that route out.)

@Vardoger It's not your fault Elecs are better.

I actually had a vague first idea for a Nu like two days ago. Buut I don't know that anyone should trust me with a second character, and I forgot what the idea was. Whoops. Maybe when I wake up more. (Also, batting for two teams? Ugh. I dunno if I can really do that.) Oh, I'm totally starting to remember this idea.

(Is Amara / @InnocentThorns no longer with us? Because I frickin' loved Amara.)

@Shavynel you should totally bat for two teams. =]

Also InnocentThorns never responded to PMs I sent regarding the RP, so yeah I marked them as inactive. If they want to come back, that's on them, I did keep the character sheet around. But I'm not going to chase after them or beg for posts.

I'm terribly sorry for the delay. I've been stressing to figure out something i could post, figured now i'd maybe ask for some help on something i could do for my first post. Writers block is a bitch :/

@Proficiency is there anything you want to accomplish in your first post or very shortly after the introduction of your character?
If so, then that would help me come up with ideas to figure out how to get you worked in.

If not, that's cool too, I just need some sort of starting point. xD

And no worries! Happens to everyone.

@Vardoger Well, I think getting rid of the Nus would be a huge mistake, so you should keep Rye around. However what to do with him is a different matter.. I mean the best thing would be to try and drag in new people. I think a different banner, or whatever those things that appear at the top to advertise a RP are called, could help with that. Perhaps if t was a bit clearer on what the RP is about more people would be drawn in? Like it could say that there's conflict between two gangs, that it's an action/slice of life/mystery/whatever RP.
At least that's the best thing I can think of right now. Maybe some of the guys currently in the RP have some friends they could invite in to check this out?

@Giltine13 I'm in the process of making an ad (thread in the group rp ad forum) right now, and I'm currently having that bit of problem.. What even IS this RP about?

My aim in the beginning was to make it a sandbox, so players could decide whatever! But it appears that is not working out, and I have to figure out a direction to push things toward, and I guess I'm a little lost about that because I didn't really anticipate doing it.
sweatdropsmall.gif

@Vardoger

Ugghhh, well I can try to help with that, don't know how much good would it be but yeah.
The end goal, for now at least, is getting the DJ, right? We already started dropping clues and leads, so I think it can be labeled as mystery. However, I do think we should try to lead it away from the slice of life category, since you can get that from a simple 1x1 and most are looking for something a bit more thrilling, no?

I think we could also focus more on jacks and other kind of outlaw activity for that thrill and sense of danger? There's many ways that could go to introduce action and make it a bit more fast-paced. But for that we'd also need to control the number of people joining in, so it could be dedicated group. Hopefully then people wouldn't be dropping like flies everywhere. Though if we do that, clefs and civilians would be left a bit out of place... Clefs could be cleared if for example they all worked on the same case or ally themselves with the gangs, like Clefs would stand like a gang of their own, trying to take out the rest. Overall, I think everything is a bit scattered so whomever would want to join in might get lost in all those plot-lines..

Although at this point I'm just rambling...

@Giltine13 Here's what I ended up with.

As for new banner advertisements (the images at the top of Iwaku), I definitely agree we need some new ones. But, at this time I am even more unsure of how to do it.
I did try encyclopedia-like banners before, where it's just a big thing of text on the banner. But somehow I feel that wouldn't help things XD;

I wanted to try and stay away from anime banners, because I know that drives some people away. But I know that real photos can do the same thing. So I was trying to find art that wasn't really anime-y but also not too realistic.... It has been a difficult process (and I could still probably do better).

And that's not even talking about what message to send with the thing.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M NOT CLAIMING DEFEAT.

I just don't know what to put there yet.

Also, any ideas are good ideas. I am very thankful for your rambling.

I was thinking of something along the lines of starting to sell music. He's wanting to get in contact with one of the leaders of the gangs and he figured the best way to get his name in their ears is if they hear he's dealing on their turf.

Not sure where or how i could do that and get involved with other characters :s sorta lost on the current scenes

@Giltine13 / anyone

Well I came up with this.
I think it's a bit of a mess, though.
c2yUVoN.png

@Proficiency
If it were me, my intro post would summarize the past month (or longer), detailing how Tobias had been covertly selling music while cashiering in his store. Kind of like how I did my Soren LaFey post.
Once your post gets to the present day, you can do whatever you want (have him just start work, just get off work, currently working, maybe just strolling along down the street, idk).

At that point, it's up to the other players to pick up the slack. If you set the foundation that Tobias has been dealing for a while, then someone from a gang can take notice and go check it out in the next few posts.

Mainly, me/Rye, probably.

Gangs claiming turf has been surprisingly lacking in the current rendition of this rp (I've run it about 3 times now, but admittedly I downplayed graffiti a ton in this version), but I sort of assumed around that area would be Electronica turf.
So you could have some Elecs be like "yo, stop," or you could have Rye come along and be all "You should totes join me." I'm leaning toward Rye checking out Tobias because 1.) Tobias is dealing media and not big stuff Elecs like, 2.) Most of the Elecs are preoccupied with Aren's subplot 3.) I have nothing else to do with Rye at the moment and I could definitely have him go over there in my next post.

And, bonus, an excuse for Rye to be on Elec turf, which means more fun drama for everyone.

EDIT: @Lost-and-Bewildered
Oh that's right!! Jett doesn't know about the library kerfluffle does he? XDDD

Last edited: