Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
@Vardoger

[b]Character Name:[/b] Hahn del Lotario
[b]User Name:[/b] [USER=21981]@Chatoyante[/USER]
[b]Age:[/b] 52
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Civilian
[b]Occupation:[/b] County Treasurer
[b]Bio:[/b]

Lotario grew up in a traditional household of a stern, hardworking father and stay-at-home mother. He was the eldest of four, having three younger sisters. As a high achiever in school and their big brother, he was always involved in helping them with their schoolwork. This kind of philanthropic concern for the education of the young is something that continues with him throughout his life.

As the county treasurer, he's always fastidious and professional. His concern for his community shows in the outreach programs he spearheads, such as financial literacy programs and college preparation programs. While invested in the community's youths as well as being married, he actually has no children of his own.

Due to being a long-standing politician, he has ties to many of the county's elites and then some. Among these elites are sometimes collectors of the taboo--that is to say, instrument and music collectors. While raised conservative and with an interest in keeping a pristine, patriotic image, Lotario has no interest in policing what the wealthy choose to do with their own time and money. In fact, he typically connects these wealthy patrons to those who procure the contraband (currently, this is the Elecs). For the most part, this is all done in secrecy, and any accusations of his involvement in illegal activities are denied outright.

Despite his connections with the Elecs, he is very pro-tie and reformation legislation. His personal feelings regarding music are unknown to everyone except himself. He stands at 6'0", has dark eyes and hair, is portly around his midsection, and typically dresses in suits: http://i.imgur.com/wtltrEv.png

[b]Character Name:[/b] Michael
[b]User Name:[/b] [USER=21981]@Chatoyante[/USER]
[b]Age:[/b] 33
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Clef
[b]Occupation:[/b] Detective Unit
[b]Bio:[/b]

Ryan's older brother, whose life fell apart after acting as his little brother's lawyer in court. He initially took on the case, believing his little brother to be completely innocent of all charges. Things turned out to be much more complicated than he initially assumed, leading Michael into multiple moral dilemmas. Once the controversial case was over, he was dropped from the prestigious firm he'd worked with since his days as an intern, and his reputation as a lawyer was permanently marred. He fell into a depression, drinking heavily, and returned to living with his parents during this time.

He disagreed with his parents totally cutting off his little brother, but never argued with them. By default of living with and around his parents, Michael's communication with Rye also stopped. While he still cares for Rye, he also harbors feelings of mistrust over who his little brother really is.

Making a total career change was difficult for Michael, but not impossible. He was eventually able to make it onto the O-Town clef force, hell-bent on joining their detective unit. His previous skills as a lawyer made him a good fit as a detective, as most of his time is spent going over minutiae in order to make sense of the bigger picture. In truth, there was another, more personal reason he'd joined the detective unit in O-Town, and it circles around his little brother's ex-fiancee, Rachel.

Unlike his youthful days of being a promising lawyer, Michael struggles to keep himself put together. Entering the early stages of alcoholism hasn't helped. His hair is a dirty blonde, although it can look much darker depending on how recently he's bathed. His daily outfit is usually made up of well-worn t-shirts and jeans: http://i.imgur.com/Q3u4IBv.png

[/hr]

Does Rye use a last name? Would it be the same as his brother, aka he hasn't changed it or something?

@Chatoyante both look great!
I would say Rye doesn't go around using his last name often but I doubt he would've changed it. Maybe they have a common last name? Also, interesting take on the brother.
I'll add the profiles now!

Everyone say hello to @Phi Chisym !

cc: Elecs @Chatoyante @Shavynel @Lost-and-Bewildered @Giltine13

Character Name: Lisa Guo
User Name: @Phi Chisym
Affiliation: Electronica
Occupation: Student Resident at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Medical Student (Pediatrics) - Second Term at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Bio: Hometown - Indie

Lisa began playing the cello at the age of three under the instruction of her father while they lived in Indie. She then studied under one of her father's close friends, renowned music director Eleonore Schoenfeld for two more years before her mother's career as a Procurement Manager in a national manufacturing chain moved them to Musica.

Losing the voice of music at the age of ten tore her apart, but gave her a new purpose and a fiery drive towards her future as a doctor. She hoped to learn ways to return music to the minds and hearts of all of Musica - without getting caught. She choose to become a Pediatrician, but has been teaching herself Audiology and researching processes in Tie Reformation to one day find a cure. But all of that was not necessary when she ran across Rachel, leader of the gang Electronica. Now, she has the support she needs to continue her quest. She works with Rachel, assisting her in Tempo Control and trying to solve the mystery of The DJ.

Appearance

cc: Clefs @PlainJoe @Halcyon @Vardoger @Chatoyante @InnocentThorns @Giltine13

Character Name: Silas James Fernando Moralas
User Name: Phi Chisym
Affiliation: Clef
Bio: Hometown - Headphone

Silas is the first son, second of three children of Augusto and Carlotta Morales. His older sister, Danielle, became a Marine Biologist, and his younger sister, Felicia, married and became an Engineer. Silas took a more right-brained approach to a career and became a Marketing Analysis/Web Designer for various companies around the nation - completely upsetting his parents for they'd hoped he would follow in his father's footsteps and become a Clef Officer. Of course, who would ever consider making such a horrible mistake and do something like that, Silas would think to himself at times. Truth be told, growing up in Headphone gave him the gift of Music Appreciation, but moving to Musica and being Tied didn't stop his love for the art. How could he become the very thing he hates?

But fate has a way of making you follow the path it wants you to take. In a freak accident, Felicia suffered major burns over 48% of her body and minor injuries when a pressure valve collapse on one of the large containment chambers at the plant she was at, assisting them with two projects her company, DaCapoCorp, sponsors. She's gone through decontamination, several surgeries and skin grafts, as well as rehabilitation for the damage she's sustained. Her husband, Derrick, is with her 24/7 assisting and training how to care for her, preparing their home for her, and just being by her side. They have a seven year old son, Braydon, who has only seen his mother once since the accident. Derrick's parents are dead. Silas and Felicia's parents live in Bluegrass, and the cost and irritation of sending a seven year old overseas was ridiculous. So, Derrick ask Silas to watch Braydon for him until the renovations to their home are done.

The Morales are making their way back overseas to Musica to take over Braydon's care and help Derrick with their daughter. But, until then, Silas is watching over the little chump. This wasn't a bad thing for him though... but he had become a 22 year old 'single father' which required a few things to change in his life. One of them was to moved to Musica to be closer to Felicia's family and to search for a new job. And from all of the careers available, the one that he qualified for, that granted him the highest pay and was open for him to start as soon as he moved - was to become a Clef. Go figure, right?

Seeing how his nephew was taking being separated from his family, and in the dark about his mother's condition, Silas knew he needed to do something fast that could lift up his spirits. He knew one thing that would do just that. So, Silas signed up to train as a Clef for his nephew Bray, but he had an agenda tucked away - to give his nephew the gift of music - one that will open up a new heartfelt way for him to express what he's going through living away from his parents and worrying about his mother's health. Silas didn't know how he was going to do it, but he knew being on The Clefs was the first step. So far, after being on the force for six years, he's learned a lot of vital information...but not enough to complete his silent goal.

Appearance.

cc: Everyone & Political people @Chatoyante

Character Name: Doctor Bernadette Aromaleigh, AuD.
User Name: Phi Chisym
Affiliation: Civilian - Metallica
Occupation: Chief Surgical Audiologist/Department Director at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Creator of the Magnetoencephalotherapy Reformation Procedure
Metallica Chairmember and one of the faces of the revitalization of The Mute Movement.

Bio:
Madame Bernadette is a product of Musica and was taught at a very young age that unwelcoming sounds were of the devil's making, and those who follow such tones were not to be trusted, nor allowed to live within a civilized society of law and order absence of polluted sounds. The only child of a conservative Metallica political lawyer and an innovative doctor before her time, Bernadette seem to be cultivated for the position she holds now - as an bold new warrior for the continued future of Musica's Mute Movement. She's now the Chief Surgical Audiologist/Department Director at Musica's infamous university medical hospital - the very home of Dr. Witold Tobias Xenakis, the creator of The Tie - the presently used sound frequency reformation procedure. Due to her position at the hospital, she is frequently called by the government's Reformation Program and has become a common face among the Pro-Reformationist/Pro-Mute societies.

Dr. Aromaleigh is the creator of Magnetoencephalotherapy. It is a new functional reformation neuroimaging technique that maps pre-infant brain activity associated with the sense and understanding of creative sound (music) by recording magnetic fields produced by electrical currents occurring naturally in the brain as it is being developed within a growing fetus. Once mapped and the proper currents are found, using the same magnetic fields, more electrical current is fed into the brain using magnetodoplers, which expands those targeted nerves - causing tiny explosions thereof; in turn, destroying the nerves in a manner that kills the innate ability to hear and understand 'creative sound'; as well as inhibiting the nerves the ability to regrow.

This process is safe to use before birth - safely destroying the whole concept of 'music' before life begins without harming the needed sense and understanding of 'hearing sound, understandable noise, listening and hearing appropriate tones necessary for communication. This process can eliminate the need for the government's costly Tie surgeries - saving billions of dollars; as well as end the new unknown process of the Tie Cutting procedure that is threatening the entire Mute Movement by returning 'music understanding' to the citizens of Musica. But this recent threat - the myth of The DJ - has caused an uproar within the medical community, causing doubts among her colleagues on if her new procedure can sustain against the likes of this hidden phenom. Madame Aromaleigh is determined to put an end to these doubts - for good.

Appearance.

So much great stuff here! I hope to see a lot of new entries in the Wiki with regard to these characters!

Welcome aboard! =]

Unrelated
@PlainJoe : I'll make my first clef post once we hit page 5 or 6.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
*peeks in* Hello? Peps still around?

@Nim I'm around occasionally, although the last couple of weeks have been weird. I'm back to my normal schedule, though. @Vardoger has been doing house stuff the last week or so (he's doing all of the repairs himself/no contractor) and ends up dead tired come night. I know he checks up on stuff still. I can poke him if needed? Not sure on @CaribbeanGirl's sched, and not sure on the others. I know @Giltine13 is around, too, doing wiki stuff.

@Phi Chisym I'm betting my Lotario character would be a fan of Bernadette's work regarding the tie. Might have to come up with something for them to meet. =)

@Obsessive Compulsive Do you know what/where in politics your character's father works? I was curious if he'd know or would have reason to interact with a county treasurer. >> Namely, my guy Lotario.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nim
@Nim I'm def still checking up on stuff, just waiting for @CaribbeanGirl to post. Also everything Chatoyante said.

Reactions: Nim
Hey @Vardoger sorry but I don't think I'd like to continue with this RP, you guys are awesome people but the pace is very...gradual. And I've just found it so difficult to write without any interactions with other characters to work on scenarios that will further the plot rather that provide more filler. Still love the concept, might request to join again if there's a reboot? Sorry again, you guys have been great!

@Lost-and-Bewildered You suuuuuuuure? 'Cause I started working on a post yesterday. (Although, I will be the first to admit I'm slow. ^^; )

@Lost-and-Bewildered You suuuuuuuure? 'Cause I started working on a post yesterday. (Although, I will be the first to admit I'm slow. ^^; )
Hmmm if you've already started writing a post then I'll hang around another week or so and see if I can get back into the swing of it, and tie up any loose ends if I do go, hope that's okay?

• Thank You
Reactions: Vars
@Lost-and-Bewildered What is the plot to you? What do you want your character(s) directly involved in to make it exciting for you?

The pace is going a little slower than I intended... But the limit in the rules I wrote was 14 days to wait on posts, so, unfortunately going to have to stick with this for at least a little bit. After the first round of people being booted and cleaning up the character list a bit, I might shorten it to 7 days?

Would a time lapse help? The question is, what would you like to time lapse to? A jack? A political conflict? Something to do with the DJ?

I am definitely open to criticism or suggestions! You can PM it instead if you prefer.

@Shavynel @Lost-and-Bewildered @Phi Chisym Say it's about 11pm on a Monday night--do you think Nadia, Jett, or Lisa would be in HQ? If so, do you need/want me to write an HQ entry in the wiki for it today? Y'know, under the assumption that Rae and maaaaaybe someone else would possibly stop by around that hour?

@Giltine13 Currently working on my response post to Aren. I hope to have it done in the next 24hrs, if not sooner.

@Shavynel @Lost-and-Bewildered @Phi Chisym Say it's about 11pm on a Monday night--do you think Nadia, Jett, or Lisa would be in HQ? If so, do you need/want me to write an HQ entry in the wiki for it today? Y'know, under the assumption that Rae and maaaaaybe someone else would possibly stop by around that hour?

I'm good with that. I think I'm going to have Lisa hanging around, listening to some tunes while reading a few underground blogs about DJ, the few of them with substantial medical documentation that she can analyze and dissect. I'm still trying to build more to my charries and such, plus Reality is trying to drag me by my big toes. I'll be one soon to get my post up for her and Silas soon.

@Nim you want to post first or should I?

@Lost-and-Bewildered What is the plot to you? What do you want your character(s) directly involved in to make it exciting for you?

The pace is going a little slower than I intended... But the limit in the rules I wrote was 14 days to wait on posts, so, unfortunately going to have to stick with this for at least a little bit. After the first round of people being booted and cleaning up the character list a bit, I might shorten it to 7 days?

Would a time lapse help? The question is, what would you like to time lapse to? A jack? A political conflict? Something to do with the DJ?

I am definitely open to criticism or suggestions! You can PM it instead if you prefer.
To be honest at the moment I don't see a cohesive plot right now, more like several tangents that happen to be in the same fictional setting (apart from the incident in the library which I found hilarious because it was just character after character 'coincidentally' all ending up in the same location at the same time). Maybe I'm just a little impatient and we're all building up to a more significant aim, i don't know. I'm just unsure about where to take this.

So tomorrow I'm leaving for holiday and won't be back till the 13th, so don't expect me to post or anything like it, cuz I'll have a very limited access to internet... Though, by the pace we are going I don't think it will have a big impact on the Roleplay..
Still wanted to let you know, though!

Reactions: Lost-and-Bewildered
@Phi Chisym Alrighty, if at least Lisa will be at HQ, then I will likely go forward with my HQ plot idea in some form. As for reality dragging you, ahahah oh man, don't I know it. Found out mid-March that everyone in my department is slated to be laid off, so reality has been kicking my butt, too.

@Giltine13 Since you'll be out, do you want someone to puppet/timeskip Aren to the night of the beat-in? Or are you set on playing out the rest of the interview? I know you wanted to play out the process of joining the elecs, so I dunno if you're committed to playing everything out or if the beat-in is where you really want to focus.

Regarding the interview between Rae+Aren: if any elec characters were to be at HQ, I was thinking of writing in some reason why Rae and Aren would go to HQ. That would be an excuse to have any/all of the elecs present at HQ interacting, maybe alleviating some of the other "I don't know what to do/who to interact with" obstacles. If you won't be around to post, though, maybe it isn't my best idea.

@Chatoyante
I would prefer if I was allowed to play it out myself, I was quite enjoying their interaction.. Unless suddenly there was a burst of activity and I'd get left behind. Otherwise, I'd like you to wait on me? I could try to squeeze in a post while I'm away, though it would be with far more mistakes.

@Giltine13 I'm glad you were also having fun, I just didn't know if interacting with Rae was lame for you or not. x) I can definitely wait and play out the rest of it. I was also trying to think of something I could do in the immediate future to maybe get a potential burst of action/interaction going for others, before I knew you'd be gone for a bit. So I'll keep to the original plan of Rae + Aren doing the interview, and come up with another idea for the other thing.

To be honest at the moment I don't see a cohesive plot right now, more like several tangents that happen to be in the same fictional setting (apart from the incident in the library which I found hilarious because it was just character after character 'coincidentally' all ending up in the same location at the same time). Maybe I'm just a little impatient and we're all building up to a more significant aim, i don't know. I'm just unsure about where to take this.
You would be correct, as that's exactly how this RP works. I tried to be very forthright about that, that this RP is not GM-led, it is player/character-driven.

So if the majority of people here want slice of life, that's what they get. If some want action/adventure, we do that. If some want to do a crime mystery/suspense thriller/etc it will go that direction.

I have set up multiple pieces, so that if someone wants to take hold of them, they can, and make this RP their own.
I know this is a group RP, but I think of it more like a bundle of 1x1s that meet up occasionally.

Examples: Want to hunt after the DJ?
Create characters who:
- invented it
- saw it at one time
- used it
- knows about it and is currently searching for it

Want to kill players?
- create an evil character
- be a clef that's aware of Rye's past and is stalking him now for leads

Strategist?
- Ex-nausicaa member who helps gang leader(s) with jacks
- Dock worker who helps with jacks / is bribed / etc
- undercover clef

Detective/mystery?
- Undercover clef
- clef who's somehow related to a gang member
- a gang member killed one of your character's relatives
- a clef killed one of your character's relatives
- you're after the DJ
- you're trying to change laws from within the government
- your character is currently in jail and you're tyring to escape
- your character's friend is in jail and you're trying to break in to save them

[I'm sure there's more, this is just what I could come up with off-hand. You're not limited to these options.]

If it's not explicitly stated you cannot do it, you can do whatever you want in this rp.
If you're looking for an RP where you are not actively driving the plot, but you are rather just.. following/playing along (for lack of better words), then have your character hook up with a plot-driving character (atm, gang leaders and clefs. Could change in the future).

I hope this helps. I apologize if it doesn't.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Lost-and-Bewildered