- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
You found it? I can't believe I'm actually going to be reading this. Sometimes I wonder if I'm alright in the head.
YES the first link is the actual WHY and the other more historical nonsense XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
I can see Trap doing some really flashy move that looks like a goddamn magical girl transformation or something and Lou is just standing there in the background and feeling like part of him dies every time he has to witness that. "What a turn off. He's embarrassing me. I'm getting so much second-hand embarrassment." Cue for lot of quiet facepalming.
Trap is gonna be such a bad influence on Mala XD in a good way though XD

• Love
Reactions: Jakers and Wicked
@Wicked you is smarts. Can you explain me why 'everyone' is one word, while 'each other' is two? Since I always write every one and eachother XD

Tough love benefits everyone =^.^=

I can see Trap doing some really flashy move that looks like a goddamn magical girl transformation or something and Lou is just standing there in the background and feeling like part of him dies every time he has to witness that. "What a turn off. He's embarrassing me. I'm getting so much second-hand embarrassment." Cue for lot of quiet facepalming.
Oh this is going to be priceless x)

Lol!

"Wooden shoe wearers claim the shoes are warm in winter"[...]

What a load of bull.

I missed your gifs.
2015-02-19-Santanayouloveme.gif

@Wicked you is smarts. Can you explain me why 'everyone' is one word, while 'each other' is two? Since I always write every one and eachother XD
Hmm, well I haven't really thought about it. English grammar is kinda funny. It has a lot of these funky "exceptions" where there are rules that things are done a certain way. Except that one thing. Oh and then that one. And that one. Oh and that.

I rely a lot of intuition when writing. Does it sound right? Does it feel right? I'm mostly self-taught in English, and I learned to actually do this well in my late teens when I picked up reading in English, and cpouple of years later roleplaying in English. I got the basics down back in school, but I was a problem student and stopped giving a shit quite early because I didn't get enough help and early enough for my difficult home situation and learning disorders. So in a sense, I'm probably the wrong person to ask that. I would ask someone who is native, and does the grammar well.

But the way I see it, this is how it goes;

Everyone = Addressed as a crowd.

Every one = Addressed separately as multiple pieces, could mean an object or a person etc. A simple space can and will change the whole meaning.

Each other = Each and other are separate words, they aren't compound, which is why they are separated by a space instead of tied together.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Hmm, well I haven't really thought about it. English grammar is kinda funny. It has a lot of these funky "exceptions" where there are rules that things are done a certain way. Except that one thing. Oh and then that one. And that one. Oh and that.
Oh please try Dutch. "YEAH we got a rule for that... but it only works on these three words, the rest are all exceptions" <-- that may or may not be slightly exaggerated

I rely a lot of intuition when writing. Does it sound right? Does it feel right? I'm mostly self-taught in English, and I learned to actually do this well in my late teens when I picked up reading in English, and cpouple of years later roleplaying in English. I got the basics down back in school, but I was a problem student and stopped giving a shit quite early because I didn't get enough help and early enough for my difficult home situation and learning disorders. So in a sense, I'm probably the wrong person to ask that. I would ask someone who is native, and does the grammar well.

But the way I see it, this is how it goes;

Everyone = Addressed as a crowd.

Every one = Addressed separately as multiple pieces, could mean an object or a person etc. A simple space can and will change the whole meaning.

Each other = Each and other are separate words, they aren't compound, which is why they are separated by a space instead of tied together.
I learned English with reading yaoi :P heheheh and later rp'ing in English and THEN in school. but I never paid attention XD

Anyway I am asking you because you is smarts XD hmm and your explanation makes sense. (though I probably forget this in like 4 seconds anyway XD)

Also the fact that @WishfulNemo (who is not part of this rp, for as far as I know?) suddenly rates my post about wooden shoes useful scared the flying shit out of me... Too much randomness XD

Oh please try Dutch. "YEAH we got a rule for that... but it only works on these three words, the rest are all exceptions" <-- that may or may not be slightly exaggerated
Lol I keep hearing that from my Dutch friend. She tries to explain Dutch grammar to me sometimes and I just nope the hell out of it. Then I try to explain Finnish to her and she nopes the fuck out of that one. We've agreed though that you guys have the weirdest and best animal related phrases and we just have lot of fucking weird phrases for everything.

I learned English with reading yaoi :P heheheh and later rp'ing in English and THEN in school. but I never paid attention XD

Anyway I am asking you because you is smarts XD hmm and your explanation makes sense. (though I probably forget this in like 4 seconds anyway XD)
Well that's how it usually goes. When someone tries to force something on you, and it isn't fun, you aren't interested and your brain automatically decides you won't be needing the said information. But once you find something related to it that interests you, things change pretty quickly. I'd love to flip off my old English teachers who said I was a hopeless case and would never learn the language. Now people keep asking me if I'm British because I apparently speak with similar kind of accent and so fluently. So, I win.

And thanks, eh. Me being smart is very debatable kind of abstract concept, let's be real here lol.

Also the fact that @WishfulNemo (who is not part of this rp, for as far as I know?) suddenly rates my post about wooden shoes useful scared the flying shit out of me... Too much randomness XD
I know, she stalks the things I do on her news feed BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE A LIFE AND IS BEING A CREEP. YES NEMO, I'M TOKKING TO YOU.

Also, she might want to strangle me because she just found out I took a second job ahahahaha...

Reactions: Goddess of the Moon
So what should the groups discuss during the trip?

That is a valid, good question. Maybe go into further detail about their tasks. Lou could offer Sorrell to come help him out with setting the traps, because his fingers look agile. And he feels a little bad because the kid freaked out a little bit the first assigned task, Lou would want to make sure Sorrell feels comfortable. The could scout the area together at the same time as they settle the traps.

Shit. I got caught. But yes, I read about a second job and 'klompen' and couldn't resist myself. I have been enlightened.

By the way;

STROOPWAFELS!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Shit. I got caught. But yes, I read about a second job and 'klompen' and couldn't resist myself. I have been enlightened.

By the way;

STROOPWAFELS!!!
OMFG I HATE STROOPWAFELS! I hate stroop so yeah XD I am such a good Dutchie :P

Well like I said before I don't think the girls will discuss much. Since well opinions are pretty divided there and anything.. Raina and Ina might figure some things out... but other than that... I don't see much disccusion among the girls XD

By the way;

STROOPWAFELS!!!
What the fuck did you expect, you rated stuff. Of course you got caught. Remind me to never plan a heist together with you. I guess being in law school doesn't equal smarts after all...

STROOPWAFELS!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
I am so lost o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.