Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I was abit too ambitious, alright, I'll have to tweak him today and notify you guys if he his acceptable

Still playing with that code ._.
Also, whoever wants to can go ahead and throw up partial sheets for the NPCs. Unless, of course, you guys feel that is unnecessary.

I'll get to work on that. I'm doing other things at the same time, so expect a delay, but not an unreasonable one.

I'm sure Takashi's sheets will be up SoonTM​.

I'll also have some NPCs up Soon(sic)​ though, so we should start making progress all at once.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Deal. I'll rewrite all that progress I lost now that I'm more or less over it.
And genuinely less stressed out.

[glow=red]NPC - Master[/glow]

197c019ea45145fd3753abbda11bfd15.jpg

"Ah, the ghosts are singing in a wonderful harmony today. What's that? [glow=red]You don't hear anything?[/glow]"

[glow=red]Name:[/glow] Ophelia Canz-Retreal
[glow=red]Mage?:[/glow] Yes
[glow=red]Magic Circuits:[/glow] Normal
[glow=red]Quality:[/glow] B+
[glow=red]Quantity:[/glow] 37

[glow=red]Servant:[/glow] ???
[glow=red]Command Seals:[/glow] A three-headed hydra on her left hand.

[glow=red]Personality:[/glow]
Ophelia is a mild-mannered woman who doesn't like to let social affairs get in the way of treating one another well. She is a very calm person who is also highly honest and respectable. Her voice is not loud, and she speaks in musical tones. She eats quietly in such a way as to disturb nobody, and makes sure to clean up afterwards. She even goes so far as to only step outside when it is an inconvenience to as few people as possible. She strongly values hygiene, to the point that she makes sure to change her clothes as soon as possible after a meal for fear of a spill.

Since she is "average", with neither particular strength or weakness that stands out, Ophelia has had to rely on intellect and cunning for most of her life after that certain event; two qualities in supply enough for her to have made a name for herself. She is well-read and capable of holding conversation on all manner of the arts, though she is not quite as versed in modern human culture due to a particular love for the 1850s.

[glow=red]Likes:[/glow] The haughty, sugary foods, youth, ivy, gothic architecture
[glow=red]Dislikes:[/glow] Needless conflict (struggle), bitter things, sickness, clear skies
[glow=red]Wish:[/glow] Perfect immortality, but of course

[glow=red]Bio:[/glow]
Ophelia's family members were all rather shortlived. The Canz-Retreal Magic Crest was littered with magecraft that shortened one's lifespan after all. This was a family that was already content with its own fleeting mortality, and instead opted to attempt to reach the Root through the study of the reincarnation process, or the denial thereof. To put it another way, the Canz-Retreal were first and foremost necromancers. Finding ways to capture the soul of a dying being and restraining it, they scrutinised its nature. "The path to Akasha should surely lie with that which returns there" was their logic. And so, they embraced death, time and time again, until their own came.

Ophelia was not comfortable with that. As a matter of fact, she never settled tightly with the concept of slowly killing oneself for the sake of furthering the cause of finding a presence that nobody had proven to her even existed. When it was her turn to push forward towards the family's goals, she instead used their research to look for the exact opposite of what she was intended to. She found ways that it was possible to anchor the soul to the body, living or not.

[glow=red]That was how Ophelia Canz-Retreal turned herself into a Dead Apostle around two hundred years ago.[/glow]

Granting herself immortality with her family's necromancy, she quickly became fascinated by all she could achieve in the short span of but a century. At first, she aimed to become a Dead Apostle Ancestor, but quickly realised she lacked the natural prowess for such things. Instead, she opted to simply lay low, but her personality was unsuited for that as well. Before long, she ended up doing whatever she wanted in quiet places wherever organisations such as the Burial Agency did not have eyes. That does not mean to say that she has not had run-ins with them before.

Incidentally, the Holy Grail Wars first began around the same time Ophelia first became a Dead Apostle, but she refrained from participating in them even after she learned of them in the mid-20th century. She found the rumour of a wish-granting cup to be a suspicious thing, but after seeing the destruction throughout the Fourth and Fifth Holy Grail Wars, she was more than happy to have her fill of the souls of heroes.

[glow=red]Magecraft:[/glow]
Ophelia is a Vampire, and she possesses a great deal of physical power as a result of that. Her reflexes and agility are sufficient to evade bullets, and her grip strength is sufficient to twist steel. She has taken measures against her weakness to sunlight by adapting her family's Hallowed Veil magic, which coats her body in a thin soul-like layer of her own Od, which normally provides a degree of physical protection and resistance to magic, but in her case, also absorbs the harmful energies of the sun. In addition, she is capable of utilising her family's magic and her draining powers as a Dead Apostle to draw out a victim's soul to replenish mana quickly and effortlessly.

In addition, she is particularly skilled in necromancy, especially since she is capable of reanimating humans with ease thanks to her abilities as a Dead Apostle. As a consequence of being versed in the ways of life and death, she also possesses significant knowledge in healing magecraft as well as minor bodily modification.

Her magnus opus, however, is the Mystic Code she developed to help sustain herself as a Dead Apostle. Her Black Iron Dectet are a set of ten "vampiric swords" that devour the blood of the bodies their blades may pierce, draining them completely in a matter of minutes. In this way, Ophelia can extract blood with complete efficiency from any prey. However, the reason she has so many is because their function is also to store this blood within the swords, keeping it perfectly preserved for whenever she needs it. She can dematerialise them by transforming them into a ghost-like form and telekinetically control the swords to a certain degree, but only has eight of the ten at present, with the other two in the possession of a certain someone. In addition, she has found that if she uses her own black blood, her own mana is sufficient to allow the swords to damage beings of magic, and so she could probably duel a weak Servant to a standstill, so long as they have no real special advantages or trump cards that they are willing to use.

[glow=red]Familiar(s):[/glow] Just one.
[glow=red]Other Armaments:[/glow] N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
[glow=#ffffaa]NPC - Master[/glow]

d26b20aa0771930ab5cb6906d97a0791.png

"Sigh... [glow=#ffffaa]I want to go home...[/glow]"

[glow=#ffffaa]Name:[/glow] ------- ("Blank")
[glow=#ffffaa]Mage?:[/glow] Artificially
[glow=#ffffaa]Magic Circuits:[/glow] Implanted
[glow=#ffffaa]Quality:[/glow] C (downgraded to C-)
[glow=#ffffaa]Quantity:[/glow] 15

[glow=#ffffaa]Servant:[/glow] ???
[glow=#ffffaa]Command Seals:[/glow] Three crucifixes pointed inwards on his left hand.

[glow=#ffffaa]Personality:[/glow]
Blank remembers free will quite fondly. It's what he misses most about life as a human, actually. As it is, his current state of being is pretty damn humiliating. His mistress's love comes at a heavy cost it seems, and her constant self-superior fawning over him like he's some kind of doll is an acquired taste that he has yet to acquire after some forty years.

He constantly attends to Ophelia's Canz-Retreal's every whim loyally, but not exactly eagerly. In fact, nothing he does is all that eager. Blank can never find shortage in things to complain about, but he does even that halfheartedly. He carries himself in a tired manner, and he generally doesn't exert much more energy than necessary. His expression is often as his name suggests, and his voice is mostly in quiet monotone.

Unbelievable though it may seem, he does actually return his mistress's love, albeit grudgingly. That doesn't mean he doesn't find her to be a total pain in the backside, of course.

[glow=#ffffaa]Likes:[/glow] Mistress, rest
[glow=#ffffaa]Dislikes:[/glow] Mistress, doing things
[glow=#ffffaa]Wish:[/glow] For his mistress to achieve her desires. Getting his freedom back as well would be quite nice if that's not too much to ask.

[glow=#ffffaa]Bio:[/glow]
Blank's birth name is lost to time. His memories were mostly lost from when he was human. Perhaps it was trauma, or perhaps it was the procedure his mistress subjected him to. One way or another, what he does remember is a terrible beauty. Ophelia Canz-Retreal met him many years ago and took a great liking to him. It bordered practically on obsession. As if she could ever bear, even in her immortality, to lose him.

[glow=#ffffaa]So, of course, she killed him.[/glow]

He remembers vividly the slow process of regaining his intellect, year by year, and eventually he was made into a vampire himself. Before long, she was implanting Magic Circuits in his body one by one, but it did not help him much. In a sense, it was a necessity, increasing his magical potential so he could continue to grow. By the time his intelligence was restored to what it was, she had already taught him love.

Considered Ophelia's familiar, he now serves her loyally as an ally in the Holy Grail War. Grudgingly, but he does it.

[glow=#ffffaa]Magecraft:[/glow]
Blank is a Vampire, and like Ophelia, he possesses a great deal of power as a result. He is normally nowhere near as strong as his mistress, but because he had no Magecraft to learn, he instead focused on honing his physical abilities, and can match even an Executor in combat as a result. Furthermore, he can use the mana he does have to increase his physical capabilities even further.

He also is in possession of two swords from Ophelia's Black Iron Dectet, and unlike his mistress, he is very capable of wielding them capably in a serious fight without the use of magical shenanigans like telekinetic control over them.

[glow=#ffffaa]Familiar(s):[/glow] N/A
[glow=#ffffaa]Other Armaments:[/glow] None

@GlitchyBugger
I would help, but I'm not too great at ranking soo yeah.

@Random
I'm liking these NPCs so far. For Ophelia though, what kind of familiar does she have?

Also guys, I think I'm gonna give up on my little coding attempts, I've taken too long as is. I'll be posting at least one of them today.

Reactions: Random
Blank is Ophelia's "familiar", hence the link to his sheet.

@GlitchyBugger Feeling that Nyarlathotep NP as a C, maybe a C+. Depends on how strong the incarnated Nyarlathotep is though; it's possibly much higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so things happened and I won't be able to get the sheet up until tonight at least. And yeah, I know I need to stop the excuses >-<

And thanks for clearing that up @Random

@Random I was planning for him to be more powerful than an average magus, and thus fully capable of defending himself from other human beings, but not even comparable to the power of a servant, if that makes sense.

@GlitchyBugger
Ok, so it mostly looks just fine. Except that one of its noble phantasms is classified as anti-self, but I didn't see anything that would be a threat to itself. Is the change irreversible? Does its use have consequences?

As it's an ability that requires maintenance, it would deactivate either manually or when there's no mana left to use (Such as completely draining the master of their mana supply), and upon de-activation it would forcibly cancel the possession is has over it's host, knocking them out, and damage the book itself, limiting the amount of times it can activate this phantasm and requiring a new host to take over for the previous one, which may or may not die depending on injuries sustained whilst playing host to Necronomicon.

Status
Not open for further replies.