Some monsters still left in the area, eh? LaTale wouldn't have it any other way.

I can very much work with that using Lyrical Nanoha! If something is suspicious, she might want to check it out. That means, @Jill and @Eru that if you are okay with it, Lyrical Nanoha will be joining in on your adventure. Prepare for an EPIC BEFRIENDING.

Cool that, good to have you along. Guess at this point one of us can post whenever we're ready to and get the ball rolling, unless either of you - or the lot of us - would prefer to do a collaborative introduction.

Some monsters still left in the area, eh? LaTale wouldn't have it any other way.

Cool that, good to have you along. Guess at this point one of us can post whenever we're ready to and get the ball rolling, unless either of you - or the lot of us - would prefer to do a collaborative introduction.
I will not be posting for about 12-13 hours, because it is already late for me today, so you two can go ahead and start. However, I should be able to post after that; depends on how my day goes, really.

I will not be posting for about 12-13 hours, because it is already late for me today, so you two can go ahead and start. However, I should be able to post after that; depends on how my day goes, really.

My clock usually takes its time in the epochs so I don't think you need to worry about me taking off ahead! I'll see what I can knock up, though. Hope ya have a good night.

Name: Dark Souls (Souls or Das for short; uncomfortable with the nickname DS though)

Appearance:
LYXGxrB.jpg

[spoili]
dark-souls-clipart-chibi-11.jpg

shrug_by_cap_tan-d5rx9no.png

3efe85d78e75a8446e12258d2aceb9ca.jpg

dark-souls-lol.jpeg
[/spoili]
Souls is typically garbed in the series' iconic Elite Knight armor but, given their penchant for hoarding, tends to mix up apparel for the sake of "aesthetic;" which can range from full-plate to a potato sack mask and undergarments, with no apparent reason as to why.

Beneath the garb, however, is a ravaged husk most comparable to burnt jerky. For the most part, Souls is typically too clothed or mutilated for anyone to know their gender for certain. As for Souls themself, they couldn't care less -- unless engaged in cosplay, as Souls is want to do...

Personality:
Souls is an incredibly brave and eccentric mute though freely sociable through gestures and the like. Takes great pleasure in making friendly and rude signs both, as long as a reaction is garnered. This might seem like antisocial behavior but is actually spawned from Souls' crippling depression and loneliness. In a desperate bid to merely exist alongside other (human) beings, Souls will do whatever necessary to involve theirself in another's life (however brief that involvement may be). These occurrences vary between suicidally loyal and protective, to toyingly malicious. The latter is more of a case of testing the other's mettle, a case of serious method acting, or to simply be a troll but no matter the reason, its usually never from an intent to murder. Usually. For Souls, murder is perfectly acceptable toward any nonhuman entity (fandomena mostly) and is quite wary of harming other Fandoms -- but if aggrieved, Souls won't hesitate to run them through, but might very well collapse in despair afterward.

In Souls' core is a need to explore and seek out every nook, turn every stone, and meet every person. There's almost a detached, systematic method to it as if Souls were completing a checklist. Yet in other instances, they can be found staring (intently) at a scroll, pendant, or wall for hours on end as a result of their curious nature. Is quite interested in deciphering "the lore of the land," which can vary from seeking out books to collecting every. Single. Pebble (seriously, its a problem). Usually though, these collectionist habits center around arms and armors.

But as long as a challenge remains, Souls will pursue it with every fiber of their being. The harrowing difficulty is what makes it worth something, what gives them meaning in an otherwise weak and decaying life. Unfortunately, this is a double-edged sword. While Souls thrives on challenge, too difficult tasks can cause them to give up and descend into depression. Yet when a challenge is too easy, Souls' fails to see the point in bothering. But more often than not, the agony that comes from a thousand deaths is what pushes Souls forward. Every defeat is a lesson learned. Some lessons have to be drilled in over, and over, and over. But once learned, its learned. And the empowerment that comes from defeating the impossible is what gives Souls their drive to keep going.

Abilities and Equipment:
  • THE DARK SIGN
    Souls is an Undead, someone branded with the Undead Curse. No matter the death, the remains dust back up into their stoic form at the nearest Bonfire (constructs Souls can rejuvenate at and warp between so long as one is within reach). Yet each death brings them ever nearer to Hollowing -- complete, depressive rock bottom where nothing matters and if they can be bothered to do anything, it'll be unhinged violence. A sense of purpose tends to bring their mind back though.
  • PHYSICALLY TEMPERED
    Several lifetimes of running and fighting and dying have made Souls into quite the athletic specimen. Capable of swinging a house of a sword one-handed, needling precise thrusts with harrowing speed, and sprinting (sans five second rebreathers) for miles on end.
  • WEAPONS & TOOLS
    Souls is a walking armory brimming with hundreds of swords, lances, bows, staffs, bombs, knives, and other generally lethal tools and seems to be somehow keeping it all within the small of their pocket. Tends to weild a longsword and kite shield, but may whip out ten meter swords or spear firing bows at a moment's notice. If you were to ask Souls (and they actually talked back) they would say its a matter of tactically outplaying their opponent with particular tools. Yet in the same hypothetical breath, they'd be carrying a broken pitchfork and shrunken head, so who can really say for certain.
  • SORCERIES, MIRACLES. AND PYROMANCIES
    While not exactly an intellectual nor pious, Souls is all too willing to devout training regimens to any mystic art that centers around violence. Can use staffs to summon masses of spectral energy to spear through others, or offer a prayer to heal themselves and nearby individuals, or just... set the place on fire.
Home:
Firelink Shrine, The Cemetary
NPHvzuo.jpg

Souls is very much a homeless wanderer who could never feel safe enough to call somewhere "home," and would rather be travelling the word to see new places and meet wonderful and exotic people (and probably kill said wonderful and exotic people). That being said, Souls has carved out a little area at the Cemetary's outskirts. A shady nook based atop a cliff with the most wondrous of views, this place seems to have interconnected pathways to numerous places within the Fandomverse. This once-shrine is less a home for Souls so much as it is a "safe enough" haven for people Souls finds and takes a liking to on their journies who may come and go at their leisure.

Quirks:

• Can become far too attached to the people, borderlining on obsession though its more akin to an ecstatic puppy. This puppy just happens to think killing things is the best way to please.
  • Loudly blasts dramatic orchestral music while fighting really big or scary looking things. Sometimes blasts the music when doing nothing in particular, as well.
  • Enjoys being talked at, as well as mimicking gestures.
  • Making bonfires.
  • Smirking at people who mention words like "difficult."
  • Engaging in Jolly Cooperation: without rhyme or reason, Souls will link up with literally anyone at random to slay monsters or bounce around with the other just for the companionship.
  • Engaging in Bloody Invasion: without rhyme or reason, Souls will hunt down literally anyone at random to find and cut them down in the name of sport. Try not to take it too personally, eh?
  • Cosplaying as characters from their own universe, and sometimes (roughly) others.
  • Loves memes. Specifically Dark Souls memes.
  • Pondering the nature of existence and its continued survival.
  • When fighting other Fandoms, Souls tends to move in a glitchy, drunken fashion as if, for a random non-specific example, the world were a video game and the online connectivity were godawful. Hypothetically speaking.
Other: Is offended by others using Dark Souls as a comparison to anything allegedly "difficult" (Souls will stab anyone who uses the words "Souls-like" and "Crash Bandicoot," or other completely unrelated titles, in the same sentence). More than willing to support 'actual and proper' Dark Souls comparisons, however. On Souls' contact list, their are the names Demon's Souls-senpai and Bloodborne-kouhai. Souls is also looking forward to getting back to their roots with the upcoming Dark Souls 1 remaster, but at the same time is warily unsure about their future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Dark Souls (Souls or Das for short; uncomfortable with the nickname DS though)

Appearance:
LYXGxrB.jpg

[spoili]
dark-souls-clipart-chibi-11.jpg

shrug_by_cap_tan-d5rx9no.png

3efe85d78e75a8446e12258d2aceb9ca.jpg

dark-souls-lol.jpeg
[/spoili]
Souls is typically garbed in the series' iconic Elite Knight armor but, given their penchant for hoarding, tends to mix up apparel for the sake of "aesthetic;" which can range from full-plate to a potato sack mask and undergarments, with no apparent reason as to why.

Beneath the garb, however, is a ravaged husk most comparable to burnt jerky. On retrieval of small wisps called "humanities," Souls can revert to their prior smooth-skinned self. That self sometimes being male, other times female. For the most part, Souls is typically too clothed or mutilated for anyone to know for certain. As for Souls themself, they couldn't care less their gender -- unless engaged in cosplay, as Souls is want to do...

Personality:
Souls is an incredibly brave and eccentric mute though freely sociable through gestures and the like. Takes great pleasure in making friendly and rude signs both, as long as a reaction is garnered. This might seem like antisocial behavior but is actually spawned from Souls' crippling depression and loneliness. In a desperate bid to merely exist alongside other (human) beings, Souls will do whatever necessary to involve theirself in another's life (however brief that involvement may be). These occurrences vary between suicidally loyal and protective, to toyingly malicious. The latter is more of a case of testing the other's mettle, a case of serious method acting, or to simply be a troll but no matter the reason, its usually never from an intent to murder. Usually. For Souls, murder is perfectly acceptable toward any nonhuman entity (fandomena mostly) and is quite wary of harming other Fandoms -- but if aggrieved, Souls won't hesitate to run them through, but might very well collapse in despair afterward.

In Souls' core is a need to explore and seek out every nook, turn every stone, and meet every person. There's almost a detached, systematic method to it as if Souls were completing a checklist. Yet in other instances, they can be found staring (intently) at a scroll, pendant, or wall for hours on end as a result of their curious nature. Is quite interested in deciphering "the lore of the land," which can vary from seeking out books to collecting every. Single. Pebble (seriously, its a problem). Usually though, these collectionist habits center around arms and armors.

But as long as a challenge remains, Souls will pursue it with every fiber of their being. The harrowing difficulty is what makes it worth something, what gives them meaning in an otherwise weak and decaying life. Unfortunately, this is a double-edged sword. While Souls thrives on challenge, too difficult tasks can cause them to give up and descend into depression. Yet when a challenge is too easy, Souls' fails to see the point in bothering. But more often than not, the agony that comes from a thousand deaths is what pushes Souls forward. Every defeat is a lesson learned. Some lessons have to be drilled in over, and over, and over. But once learned, its learned. And the empowerment that comes from defeating the impossible is what gives Souls their drive to keep going.

Abilities and Equipment:
  • THE DARK SIGN
    Souls is an Undead, someone branded with the Undead Curse. No matter the death, the remains dust back up into their stoic form at the nearest Bonfire. Yet each death brings them ever nearer to Hollowing -- complete, depressive rock bottom where nothing matters and if they can be bothered to do anything, it'll be unhinged violence. A sense of purpose tends to bring their mind back, though a Humanity is needed to stop looking like burnt jerky.
  • PHYSICALLY TEMPERED
    Several lifetimes of running and fighting and dying have made Souls into quite the athletic specimen. Capable of swinging a house of a sword one-handed, needling precise thrusts with harrowing speed, and sprinting (sans the five second rebreathers) for miles on end.
  • WEAPONS & TOOLS
    Souls is a walking armory brimming with hundreds of swords, lances, bows, staffs, bombs, knives, and other generally lethal tools and seems to be somehow keeping it all within the small of their pocket. Tends to weild a longsword and kite shield, but may whip out ten meter swords or spear firing bows at a moment's notice. If you were to ask Souls (and they actually talked back) they would say its a matter of tactically outplaying their opponent with particular tools. Yet in the same hypothetical breath, they'd be carrying a broken pitchfork and shrunken head, so who can really say for certain.(Any powers or talents your Fandom has, along with any weapons, technology or magical artifacts.)
  • SORCERIES, MIRACLES. AND PYROMANCIES
    While not exactly an intellectual nor pious, Souls is all too willing to devout training regimens to any mystic art that centers around violence. Can use staffs to summon masses of spectral energy to spear through others, or offer a prayer to heal themselves and nearby individuals, or just... set the place on fire.
Home:
latest
Souls is very much a homeless wanderer who could never feel safe enough to call somewhere "home," and would rather be travelling the word to see new places and meet wonderful and exotic people (and probably kill said wonderful and exotic people). That being said, Souls has carved out a little area at the Cemetary's outskirts. A shady nook based atop a cliff with the most wondrous of views, this place seems to have interconnected pathways to numerous places within the Fandomverse. This once-shrine is less a home for Souls so much as it is a "safe enough" haven for people Souls finds and takes a liking to on their journies.
(Tell us a bit about what their piece of the Fandomverse is like.)

Quirks:

• Can become far too attached to the people, borderlining on obsession though its more akin to an ecstatic puppy. This puppy just happens to think killing things is the best way to please.
  • Loudly blasts dramatic orchestral music while fighting really big or scary looking things. Sometimes blasts the music when doing nothing in particular, as well.
  • Enjoys being talked at, as well as mimicking gestures.
  • Making bonfires.
  • Smirking at people who mention words like "difficult."
  • Engaging in Jolly Cooperation: without rhyme or reason, Souls will link up with literally anyone at random to slay monsters or bounce around with the other just for the companionship.
  • Engaging in Bloody Invasion: without rhyme or reason, Souls will hunt down literally anyone at random to find and cut them down in the name of sport. Try not to take it too personally, eh?
  • Cosplaying as characters from their own universe, and sometimes (roughly) others.
  • Loves memes. Specifically Dark Souls memes.
  • Pondering the nature of existence and its continued survival.
  • When fighting other Fandoms, Souls tends to move in a glitchy, drunken fashion as if, for a random non-specific example, the world were a video game and the online connectivity were godawful. Hypothetically speaking.
Other: Is offended by others using Dark Souls as a comparison to anything allegedly "difficult" (Souls will stab anyone who uses the words "Souls-like" and "Crash Bandicoot," or other completely unrelated titles, in the same sentence). More than willing to support 'actual and proper' Dark Souls comparisons, however. On Souls' contact list, their are the names Demon's Souls-senpai and Bloodborne-kouhai. Souls is also looking forward to getting back to their roots with the upcoming Dark Souls 1 remaster, but at the same time is warily unsure about their future.

*Humanities are small black sprites/wisps that contain the soul, if you will. These are precious to Souls and bring renewed vigor in the form of motivation and physical ability (not so much in their becoming super human, but rather being restored to normal after having been a semi-weakened bacon husk).

BEFORE I READ ANYTHING, I MUST ASK: have you read the important info (and especially the rules list) on the first post? (...Standard procedure.)

BEFORE I READ ANYTHING, I MUST ASK: have you read the important info (and especially the rules list) on the first post? (...Standard procedure.)
Yep, yep!

I might've accidentally said something that sounds like it conflicts when it comes to, ah, murdering people... but I'm pretty sure it's all good.

Yep, yep!

I might've accidentally said something that sounds like it conflicts when it comes to, ah, murdering people... but I'm pretty sure it's all good.

IN THAT CASE

I will read your CS tomorrow (my brain is kind of like... done for the night, sorry)

• Thank You
Reactions: A.O. Taku
TL;DR for Souls:

They're basically an extremely violent hobo-puppy who lives to please, meme, and stab.

Yeeaaaah sorry but it's kind of important that I give the CS a close read. A tl;dr won't do it for me. XD

That said, again, I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning.

I'll hold on posting 'til then 'cause, not to be presumptuous, but I think it's pretty clear which group Souls would fit.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Yeeaaaah sorry but it's kind of important that I give the CS a close read. A tl;dr won't do it for me. XD

That said, again, I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning.
Oh no. That's just a joke for the other RPers. I didn't mean for it to replace the CS, Kaga

TL;DR for Souls:

They're basically an extremely violent hobo-puppy who lives to please, meme, and stab.
I think this may be the most accurate summary of Dark Souls that I have ever heard. Character sheet included.

• Love

The image you used here is pretty small. Any chance you could find a larger version? (Google's reverse-image-search might help)

*Humanities are small black sprites/wisps that contain the soul, if you will. These are precious to Souls and bring renewed vigor in the form of motivation and physical ability (not so much in their becoming super human, but rather being restored to normal after having been a semi-weakened bacon husk).

Could you elaborate on how Souls goes about obtaining Humanities? I think we may have discussed it on Discord, but it's good to cement it here in the CS.

The image you used here is pretty small. Any chance you could find a larger version? (Google's reverse-image-search might help)

Could you elaborate on how Souls goes about obtaining Humanities? I think we may have discussed it on Discord, but it's good to cement it here in the CS.

So here's another picture of Home. I'd thought the one I used was pretty big actually but maybe this one is better?
NPHvzuo.jpg

As for Humanities. In-game, you found them off corpses thatve been dead for a very long time, or by killing other players (Fandoms/Humans?), or defeating Bosses (non-standard Fandomena perhaps). That being said... I'm thinking Humanities are more of a game mechanics and less necessary as a Fandom aspect. I guess it gives Souls physical compensation for doing as they would, but perhaps I should trim the CS and just have Souls do as they would because that's who they are (make Humanities irrelevant/non-existent).

So... D-do you think I should keep Humanities to make the fandom verse interesting maybe, or just get rid of them? I'm fine with Souls being beef jerky 100% of the time. As for the motivational reinvigoration, that can just be a psychological thing instead of a mechanic based gimmick.

So here's another picture of Home. I'd thought the one I used was pretty big actually but maybe this one is better?

The new image works. But if you say that the old one was pretty big, then, it might have only looked small due to some sort of coding issue.

Try using the "spoilerbb" code instead of just the "spoiler" code. It works in basically the exact same way, but is better at preserving the intended formatting of whatever's inside.

As for Humanities. In-game, you found them off corpses thatve been dead for a very long time, or by killing other players (Fandoms/Humans?), or defeating Bosses (non-standard Fandomena perhaps). That being said... I'm thinking Humanities are more of a game mechanics and less necessary as a Fandom aspect. I guess it gives Souls physical compensation for doing as they would, but perhaps I should trim the CS and just have Souls do as they would because that's who they are (make Humanities irrelevant/non-existent).

So... D-do you think I should keep Humanities to make the fandom verse interesting maybe, or just get rid of them? I'm fine with Souls being beef jerky 100% of the time. As for the motivational reinvigoration, that can just be a psychological thing instead of a mechanic based gimmick.

o3o Eh... I dunno, man. I don't want to ban the Humanities thing outright, but it would be easier to disregard it. Basically, just do whatever you prefer. If you include the Humanities then it just has to be explained well in the CS.

The new image works. But if you say that the old one was pretty big, then, it might have only looked small due to some sort of coding issue.

Try using the "spoilerbb" code instead of just the "spoiler" code. It works in basically the exact same way, but is better at preserving the intended formatting of whatever's inside.

o3o Eh... I dunno, man. I don't want to ban the Humanities thing outright, but it would be easier to disregard it. Basically, just do whatever you prefer. If you include the Humanities then it just has to be explained well in the CS.
I'll remove it. I've decides it isn't essential to Souls.

@Kagayours Pretty sure I removed all mention of Humanities now. Also edited one of thier powers/abilities to clarify the purpose of the briefly mentioned bonfires.

@Kagayours Pretty sure I removed all mention of Humanities now. Also edited one of thier powers/abilities to clarify the purpose of the briefly mentioned bonfires.

Looks good to me. I'll add you to the accepted list! ^^

@A.O. Taku

Here's a run-down of what's currently going on in the IC, and where everyone's characters are.

The other newcomers (Eru, Jill, and Lstorm) seem to have settled on having their characters head for Exdeath's tower, creating a 2nd dungeon-crawling group. You're welcome to join them, as well. Or you can choose a different group that was mentioned in that post.