I realize this image is referencing the shitty things that actual fandoms have done -- which is a topic I normally try to keep this RP pretty distanced from because I don't like the negativity -- but, ignoring that, I feel like it's still a pretty accurate description of most of our characters' actions in the RP so far. XD

Yup, that perfectly sums up Scooby Doo, Teen Wolf and Evan's actions.

Also @Kagayours are you going to try the wild beasts on go? They are now released. ( Well, Raikou is at least fr America, then we will be cycling them.)

Also @Kagayours are you going to try the wild beasts on go? They are now released. ( Well, Raikou is at least fr America, then we will be cycling them.)

THEY ALREADY RELEASED WHAT.

Ughhhh. I've already pretty much let all the birds pass me by because I was trying to be a responsible person and prioritize important life stuff that has to get done. The birds were just taking too much time and energy out of me and it wasn't worth it. I haven't caught a single one, nor have I caught Lugia.

And I kind of regret not getting the chance to even make that many attempts at catching them, but at the same time it's like, "well, the birds are gone now. Now I can at least stop thinking about them and just focus on doing important adult stuff for a while, and then hopefully I'll be in a more stable place in life before they release any more legendaries, so that I can actually go after them and have some fun doing so."

But, uh... but no. Apparently that isn't the case.

Odds are I won't be going after the legendary beasts. At least not without making some dumb decisions and putting off more important stuff.

Although, even as I prioritize more important stuff, I'll still be wishing I could go after the legendary beasts, and feeling like a shut-in workaholic the entire time -- and honestly I'll probably spend the whole legendary beast season in an awkward and unproductive limbo where I can't afford to put enough time and energy into the raids to actually have any chance at capturing any of them, but I'll still spend enough time and energy to feel bad about making any attempts at it when I could've been doing more important things (especially when I come back empty-handed from each raid, which is probably what will happen, given the low odds of being able to capture any of them).

So... that kind of sucks for me. But I guess it isn't fair to get mad at Niantic about it. I'm sure other people are probably thrilled that the legendary beasts were released this quickly. So... happy hunting to everyone else, I guess.

Last edited:
Inb4 the Beasts decide to make Kaga's place into their den. #AllHailRNGesus

Reactions: Takumi
Inb4 the Beasts decide to make Kaga's place into their den. #AllHailRNGesus

I mean, if the beasts show up right on top of me then that actually makes my life a whole lot easier, lol. I wouldn't have to go out of my way to physically travel to raid locations and then wait around for a sizable group to show up before actually doing the raid. A raid happening right outside my dorm wouldn't disrupt my workflow too much as long as I know when everyone actually plans on doing it -- because then I only have to step away from everything else for a few minutes to actually participate in the raid.

So if RNGesus wants to make the beasts that easily accessible then I'd be all for it. XD

On the topic of potential Fandombound characters that I keep thinking about from time to time but don't have enough consistent inspiration to turn them into a full character:

It sucks that Bakuman is probably only ever known as "Death Note's brother" in the eyes of most other fandoms, and that being related to such a big name fandom means that he will pretty much always be compared to Death Note and can never really forge a strong identity as being a separate thing.

But, given recent events... Bakuman is now realizing that there advantages to being far less popular than his older brother. For one thing, he probably won't ever get a shitty live-action remake. :P

On the topic of potential Fandombound characters that I keep thinking about from time to time but don't have enough consistent inspiration to turn them into a full character:

It sucks that Bakuman is probably only ever known as "Death Note's brother" in the eyes of most other fandoms, and that being related to such a big name fandom means that he will pretty much always be compared to Death Note and can never really forge a strong identity as being a separate thing.

But, given recent events... Bakuman is now realizing that there advantages to being far less popular than his older brother. For one thing, he probably won't ever get a shitty live-action remake. :P

Uhh... Yeah, about that: Bakuman. (2015) - IMDb
To be fair, it doesn't seem to be a /shitty/ live-action remake, if the ratings are anything to go by, but still XD

Uhh... Yeah, about that: Bakuman. (2015) - IMDb
To be fair, it doesn't seem to be a /shitty/ live-action remake, if the ratings are anything to go by, but still XD

Ah, but that movie was made in Japan. Which means it was created under very different circumstances than the watered-down and Americanized Death Note remake that Netflix gave us. :P

Besides, Death Note also has a number of Japanese live-action movies. Which I've heard... mixed opinions on. But they certainly haven't received the same outrage and unanimous hatred that the Netflix series is currently getting. XD

So I was planning on getting a post for Animorphs up today, but, it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep going without Gwazi. So, I'll wait for him to catch up.

I am playing some go on my new phone... and I just ran out of pokeballs. Welp, it's 8 at night and I ain't walking to Mcdonalds. So many pokestops near me, but I ain't going night hunting for one Hoothoot. Rip go until I go out again on Monday.

I don't normally double post but Raikou just appeared near me...and I got no pokeballs. Well time to grab some pokestops and only use anywhere from 1 to 10 balls to catch a legendary.

I don't normally double post but Raikou just appeared near me...and I got no pokeballs. Well time to grab some pokestops and only use anywhere from 1 to 10 balls to catch a legendary.

Here, let me help. *Sacrifices a puppy to RNGesus*

Here, let me help. *Sacrifices a puppy to RNGesus*

It was all for naught. Nobody else was there and it's raid style... and Raikou had 42,000+CP. :/

It was all for naught. Nobody else was there and it's raid style... and Raikou had 42,000+CP. :/

RIP. See, shit like thie right here is why I hate anything (in video games) that you can only do if other people also do it. It's one thing in MMOs, which allow you to connect with people from all around the world. But IRL, where you need to actually physically travel to places? Then it's just dumb.

...On another note, does anyone want some dog meat?

Uhhh

You do know that you're not even allowed to use your regular pokeballs when catching a legendary (or any raid boss), right?

They give you a certain number of premier balls (the exact number depends on how much damage you personally contributed to the raid and how much your team contributed, but it's usually ~10 balls), and then you can only use those. Once you run out of premiere balls, you've lost your chance.

Which is one of the reasons why catching a legendary in PoGo is... really hard. But uh, at least you won't have to worry about being caught with zero pokeballs, because they'll always give you however many premiere balls you're allowed to use.

RIP. See, shit like thie right here is why I hate anything (in video games) that you can only do if other people also do it. It's one thing in MMOs, which allow you to connect with people from all around the world. But IRL, where you need to actually physically travel to places? Then it's just dumb.

...On another note, does anyone want some dog meat?

You know what makes this easier, though? Discord severs.

@LuckycoolHawk9 do some google searching and see if there's a Discord server for PoGo players in your town/city. It makes it much easier to coordinate raids. Like, yeah, sometimes people still have to travel a bit of a distance, but like... at least you won't just be sitting around and hoping that people show up. You can just ask "is anyone interested in catching X species at Y location?", and if people are interested, then you decide on a time and start the raid once everyone shows up. If no one's interested, then, well, that kind of sucks, but at least you don't have to spend all that time sitting around and waiting. You can go do something else, because you already know it's not gonna happen. :P

ALSO Pokemon Go technically is an MMO. Just wanted to throw that out there. XD

do some google searching and see if there's a Discord server for PoGo players in your town/city. It makes it much easier to coordinate raids. Like, yeah, sometimes people still have to travel a bit of a distance, but like... at least you won't just be sitting around and hoping that people show up. You can just ask "is anyone interested in catching X species at Y location?", and if people are interested, then you decide on a time and start the raid once everyone shows up. If no one's interested, then, well, that kind of sucks, but at least you don't have to spend all that time sitting around and waiting. You can go do something else. :P

Well, I learned two things today.

Also, @Kagayours do we have any fandoms that switch between genders? I am asking because I don't think the GHD fandom would be exclusively male- but I don't think it would be exclusively female. Would it be weird if I have switch between genders depending on the personality of the day?

Well, I learned two things today.

Also, @Kagayours do we have any fandoms that switch between genders? I am asking because I don't think the GHD fandom would be exclusively male- but I don't think it would be exclusively female. Would it be weird if I have switch between genders depending on the personality of the day?

I think that's fine. I mean, gender-fluidity is a real thing, besides. :P

ALSO are there ever any level 1-2 raids in your area? Legendaries are always level 5 raids and require a sizable group of people to take down, but lv 1 or 2 raids are weak enough that you could probably take them down solo.

And even if none of the species offered in a low-level raid interest you, they're still worth doing so that you can farm for other raid rewards: like golden razz berries, rare candies, TMs, and, of course, exp.

ALSO it is worth noting that the recommended group size that the game gives you is sometimes bs. And by that I mean it's usually a way higher number than you actually need.

Case in point, legendary raids typically recommend 15-20 people, depending on what exact species it is. But Lugia only needs about 12 people, Articuno only needs 8-9, Zapdos only needs 7-8, and Moltres can be taken down in groups as small as 5 or 6.

Of course, how many people you need depends on what level the players in your group are. So the estimate sizes are probably based on the assumption that the average level in your group will be... quite low. But odds are many of the other players you encounter (especially if you're coordinating with people in a discord server) are level 30-something, which means your required group sizes will probably be closer to the numbers I've listed. :P

ALSO it is worth noting that the recommended group size that the game gives you is sometimes bs. And by that I mean it's usually a way higher number than you actually need.

Case in point, legendary raids typically recommend 15-20 people, depending on what exact species it is. But Lugia only needs about 12 people, Articuno only needs 8-9, Zapdos only needs 7-8, and Moltres can be taken down in groups as small as 5 or 6.

Of course, how many people you need depends on what level the players in your group are. So the estimate sizes are probably based on the assumption that the average level in your group will be... quite low. But odds are many of the other players you encounter (especially if you're coordinating with people in a discord server) are level 30-something, which means your required group sizes will probably be closer to the numbers I've listed. :P

So in short, you can be so overpowered that you can do missions that the game designers intended you to do with a whol group on your own? ...Yep, this is an MMO alright :P

I think that's fine. I mean, gender-fluidity is a real thing, besides. :P

Cool. I really don't think it would be one or the other, especially since the small fan base is varied. I think I will primarily play them as male, but have them occasionally be female. Also, thanks for the word I was looking for. I couldn't remember it.