!!! And on the topic of video games!!!

I'd been meaning to tell you that apparently in Zelda: BotW, you can catch on fire just from being near lava as opposed to needing to touch it.

Which, you know, is how it would work in real life.

And I thought of you because I know you kept bringing it up any time a character was standing near lava in those Homestuck flashes I showed you -- and although I feel like it's pretty common for any piece of fiction to just ignore that fact about lava, video games in particular seem like the least likely medium to actually include that bit of realism. Normally in video games the logic is "if you touch lava you die but if you can platform across the lava then you're ok".

So I thought it was kind of impressive that they did that and I thought you'd appreciate it. XD

Yeah, I know, and I liked that, yes ^_^. I love it when games do little things like that :D

Yeah, I know, and I liked that, yes ^_^. I love it when games do little things like that :D

It's kind of like the time when I first watched Firefly and I noticed that any shot of things that were happening in space -- including, like, explosions, and other flashy things -- were all totally silent. Because sound doesn't travel in space. And very few sci-fi shows/movies actually acknowledge that, but this one did, and I just had so much respect for the show in that moment. :D

>.> And then I realized that my most recent IC post hardly interacts with any other characters at all... which I only realized after I spent literal hours just trying to "finish it up" so that I could go do other things already. >< Sorry about that...

If it's any consolation: my original plans for that post would've been much worse in that regard.

I'll make stuff involving words this weekend.

Reactions: Kagayours
*walks into the thread feeling hot, tired, and dehydrated*

And there are times in life where you may ask yourself,
How did I get here?

And you may say to yourself,
*gestures at the surrounding urban jungle*
This is not my beautiful home.

And you may say to yourself,
latest

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE.

#StuffInvolvingWords was made.

#StuffInvolvingWords was made.

I never said that Sherlock was knocked out. :P But, it's fine. I don't think it makes a big enough difference that you would have to edit anything.

I never said that Sherlock was knocked out. :P But, it's fine. I don't think it makes a big enough difference that you would have to edit anything.

Errr.... whoops. >_<

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it at a 8 or 9. I straddle between the two because this brings forth my most interesting characters and also I want to keep playing as fandom incarnates. ( Plus, I got two on my reserve list)

@Kagayours

• Thank You
Hmm on a scale 1-10. Well I've never been great knowing for certain on things but I'd say with how active I've been and how I can't keep up usually with the OOC but try to my best with the IC. Maybe a 6/7. I've been enjoying what's going on and I don't mind re-reading over things.

@Kagayours

• Thank You
@neobendium @Neobullseye @Not my Iwaku Username @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Rithas @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

>_>

<_<

So... uhh...

I kind of can't believe I'm doing this, but...

On a scale of 1 to 10, I want you all to tell me how invested you are in the RP and how much you're looking forward to where things go from here (with 10 being the most invested, 1 being the least).

I've just... been thinking about stuff, and your answers will help me make a decision about it.

A solid 6. Honestly I've been kind of losing steam but that's just me right now, I'm really stressed and pretty busy so I don't have much time for this. I do want to see this keep going, though, even if I can't be completely active.

Reactions: Raven
A 7, I'd say. I know that sometimes it takes me a bit of time to actually get a post out, but I'm still having fun with it ^_^

• Thank You
A 7-8 for me. Idk what else to say other than that atm.

• Thank You
@neobendium @Neobullseye @Not my Iwaku Username @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Rithas @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

>_>

<_<

So... uhh...

I kind of can't believe I'm doing this, but...

On a scale of 1 to 10, I want you all to tell me how invested you are in the RP and how much you're looking forward to where things go from here (with 10 being the most invested, 1 being the least).

I've just... been thinking about stuff, and your answers will help me make a decision about it.

In blunt honesty?
About a 4.

Mainly due to a lack of apathy towards forum RP's in general I developed over the last year or so.
Like I mainly "retired" from forum RPs back when I was 18, and even when I rejoined through "Welcome back to the Guild" my forum RP activity never achieved the high it did in my early years (even during the postathalon that is Murder Games). And really there's two main reasons for that.

1. Tabletop RPGs have largely taking over the Roleplay expression. It's general set up is more compatible for me.
2. The general Apathy issue I talked about a while back.

So for the most part interest isn't overly high, but it has nothing to do with the RP specifically, but rather things on my own end.

That being said, my only active character atm is RvB, and the impression (and pattern) I've gotten from him the past few months is that everyone just wants to kill him. Where every post is me dodging some sort of attack, or justifying him being in a scene, rather than actually being able to... well, roleplay. And although not a big factor, it is something that should be noted if this question is being asked.

That being said, my only active character atm is RvB, and the impression (and pattern) I've gotten from him the past few months is that everyone just wants to kill him. Where every post is me dodging some sort of attack, or justifying him being in a scene, rather than actually being able to... well, roleplay. And although not a big factor, it is something that should be noted if this question is being asked.

:/ Well, if that's the case... what else do you want us to do with RvB?

When you're playing a character who's so... chaotic, and dangerous, I'm not sure how else you would expect other characters to react.

I would ask if you want to try to make another character (who hopefully wouldn't have that problem), but, based on your general apathy for forum RP's, I doubt that's really something that would help.

So, like, if there's something else you want us to be doing with RvB that would help you feel more invested... do let me know. I didn't realize this was even a problem.

:/ Well, if that's the case... what else do you want us to do with RvB?

When you're playing a character who's so... chaotic, and dangerous, I'm not sure how else you would expect other characters to react.

I would ask if you want to try to make another character (who hopefully wouldn't have that problem), but, based on your general apathy for forum RP's, I doubt that's really something that would help.

So, like, if there's something else you want us to be doing with RvB that would help you feel more invested... do let me know. I didn't realize this was even a problem.

Just not to shoot on site?
Or rather, on grounds of "My character doesn't like his".

Admittedly, I get RvB's track record makes him prone to it so I bear some responsibility for it.

Just not to shoot on site?
Or rather, on grounds of "My character doesn't like his".

But that's the thing, though. I'm not sure what it would make sense for everyone else's characters to do, other than acting defensively and being ready to defend themselves when RvB... does his thing.

So if you have any other specific suggestions on how interactions with him could play out, I honestly would like to hear them. Because I'm not sure what else you were expecting. :/