@neobendium @Neobullseye @Not my Iwaku Username
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Rithas @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up that I probably won't be able to get any more IC posts out this week -- partially because I'll be preparing for a convention this weekend, and also just due to some RL stuff I have to take care of.

This unfortunately means that posts for Sherlock and Sonic will have to be put off till next week, even though I'm already due for them. o_o Those of you in the tower group can skip me for now if you're really eager to move forward.

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Eyyyy, look who found time to squeeze out a Sonic post after all! :D

*Looks* Congrats, Kaga. :)

ArsenicArachnid hasn't been online in about three weeks, so I'm counting her as a drop-out. I'll just say that SPG exited the TARDIS along with Animorphs and has since wandered off somewhere.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Minecraft didn't like fire much. So the dragon's embers pinning her down was quite successful. However, she had a few tricks up her sleeve, considering her game's screwy physics and strange rules. She took up a fighting stance. Tensed her shoulders as the fireball sailed toward her. Then swung her sword like a bat.

Hey, if it worked in the game it had to work here, right?

... On one side, I want to say that no, it doesn't work that way here. On the other hand, it is too hilariously insane for me to say no to it XD. Plus, you can block attacks with your weapon in the Final Fantasy series, so yeah.

Also, writing a post for the Tower Group. Expect it to be up in a bit.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and noodle
... On one side, I want to say that no, it doesn't work that way here. On the other hand, it is too hilariously insane for me to say no to it XD. Plus, you can block attacks with your weapon in the Final Fantasy series, so yeah.

Also, writing a post for the Tower Group. Expect it to be up in a bit.

Well that was the point :P

@neobendium You forgot the avengers reply :(
Ah yes, sorry about that. I'll get one up tonight.

Did I ever tell you guys about that X-Kit extension that lets you catch pokemon while scrolling through your Tumblr dash?? Because I've had that thing installed for so long that I hardly even react to catching super-rare stuff anymore. I've probably caught multiple copies of several event-only legendaries by this point and it really isn't anything special anymore.

And the reason I mention this is because I just caught something that I can only assume is incredibly rare based on the fact that I have never seen one before in this app and I am still amazed that I just caught one:

I caught a fucking Missingno.

Reactions: Takumi
Did I ever tell you guys about that X-Kit extension that lets you catch pokemon while scrolling through your Tumblr dash?? Because I've had that thing installed for so long that I hardly even react to catching super-rare stuff anymore. I've probably caught multiple copies of several event-only legendaries by this point and it really isn't anything special anymore.

And the reason I mention this is because I just caught something that I can only assume is incredibly rare based on the fact that I have never seen one before in this app and I am still amazed that I just caught one:

I caught a fucking Missingno.

Inb4 the sixth person in Kaga's Tumblr contact list (or her sixth entry, or whatever) suddenly gets cloned 128 times.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
XD. It seems everybody is either jumping or falling into Undertale's hole. Maybe Undertale picked a bad spot for their hole. @Kagayours

• Bucket of Rainbows
XD. It seems everybody is either jumping or falling into Undertale's hole. Maybe Undertale picked a bad spot for their hole. @Kagayours

XD Well, I do believe the plan was to have Beatles' group, as well as Avengers/Hamilton/Scooby/TW, all fall into the hole so that they could all investigate a solid plot thread together (that being: the gem monsters which apparently have some connection to Flowey).

Aaaaand honestly I feel like I'm having to come up with a lot of lame excuses for why anyone would fall into the hole, but... meh. It's kind of the best I got at the moment. :/

My apologies for the very quick and dirty post, by the way. I have some other stuff that I really should be prioritizing right now but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer. o_o"

Also I just want to make sure @neobendium and @Takumi also get the memo that the plan with sending the bird monsters in that group's direction is so that eventually they, too, can be led back to the hole, so that we can get that whole group together. (Theoretically I suppose you can lead your characters elsewhere if you really want to, but... it looks like things are stagnating a little bit so I wanted to set up a more solid objective for you guys to head after.)

Reactions: Takumi and noodle
XD. Evan hates Scooby- so that will be fun. We got a hater and someone who is kind of stalkerish working together. @Kagayours

XD Well, I do believe the plan was to have Beatles' group, as well as Avengers/Hamilton/Scooby/TW, all fall into the hole so that they could all investigate a solid plot thread together (that being: the gem monsters which apparently have some connection to Flowey).

Aaaaand honestly I feel like I'm having to come up with a lot of lame excuses for why anyone would fall into the hole, but... meh. It's kind of the best I got at the moment. :/

So in short, what you are saying is that Undertale's spot is a bit of a plot hole? :P

There, postage for Touhou. FF will be done tomorrow or something. Possibly something. Also, I've seen your other reminder too, Kaga.

I guess this is relevant??

[media]

@Neobullseye Would you say that FF's sword is typically strong enough to cut through metal? Because I honestly don't know if that would be normal for that series' standards.

@Neobullseye Would you say that FF's sword is typically strong enough to cut through metal? Because I honestly don't know if that would be normal for that series' standards.

I'd say so, yes, considering all the OP shit that happens in the series in general (FF is already heavily nerfed compared to what I /could/ probably get away with. For example, I removed all of the magical abilities that are also part and parcel of the series, fearing that he would become a bit too overpowered if I didn't). I mean, one attack from the series is called Zantetsuken, which literally translates to Iron-cutting sword, and which can instantly wipe the entire enemy party on one strike. Given, this attack normally only belongs to Odin, a Summon monster, but it has been a 'normal' attack in a few games too. Another example, although somewhat atypical in that we're talking about some really OP characters duking it out, would be this:
Now, I don't know how strong Cyberman metal is compared to normal metals, but I /think/ that that should give as well.

Last edited:
  • Useful
@neobendium @Neobullseye @LuckycoolHawk9 @Rithas @Minerva @Takumi @Not my Iwaku Username @Raven @thatguyinthestore

Just a quick update:

As some of you may have already noticed, this thread's prefix just changed to "closed signups". For the time being (hopefully only temporarily), Fandombound is not open to new members.

I know, the fact that this RP was always meant to be accessible to new members is kind of a big part of its shtick. But, the school year is approaching, and, as many of you probably already know, I don't have a very good track record when it comes to being able to juggle school and RP's. And, seeing new members join... is more work for me. Especially when it comes to providing summaries, and being attentive enough to make sure they're getting enough guidance to get into the IC, and not feel like they're being given the cold shoulder. And since I don't see myself being able to handle any new signups right now, I decided it's best to close the RP's doors until I can handle managing more players. ...Which might not be until the semester ends in December.

We'll see how things play out. :/

tumblr_or6uheHBzG1qc1n0eo1_500.png

I realize this image is referencing the shitty things that actual fandoms have done -- which is a topic I normally try to keep this RP pretty distanced from because I don't like the negativity -- but, ignoring that, I feel like it's still a pretty accurate description of most of our characters' actions in the RP so far. XD