• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@thatguyinthestore

Ooookay! I've finished typing up that run-down of where all our characters currently are. The purpose of sending you this is so that A) you know what's going on in the RP right now, and, more importantly, B) you can decide how you want to introduce Star into the RP, by deciding which character(s) you want Star to interact with first. Theoretically, you could just make a generic intro post, and wait for other characters to come to you, but then you run the risk of getting the cold shoulder if everyone else is occupied (and/or plain uninterested), so, I wouldn't recommend that option.

Without further ado, here are all the active groups:
  • Tower Group — Sonic, Pokemon, Minecraft — These three are currently making their way through the tower/dungeon that was created by Exdeath. None of them really know what Exdeath is up to, but they're all pretty eager to fight a big bad. Well, mainly Sonic is eager to fight a big bad, since he's much too impatient to explore every nook and cranny of the place. Right now they're about to start a boss fight, it looks like. So, now might be a bad time, but, eh…? You'd have to ask @Neobullseye if you can join this group. He's kind of in control of this arc.
  • Museum Group — The group I mentioned in the General Summary that's fighting Daleks and Cybermen in the WWII museum, is still doing just that. Except now, I've split that group up into two smaller groups, which, for now, I'll refer to as the "Active" and "Dormant" groups.
    • Active — Final Fantasy and Sherlock — FF was sent out to find and rescue Sherlock, who was seemingly left behind in their last encounter against the Daleks/Cybermen. But it turns out that Sherlock has already been partially converted into a Cyberman. ~I wonder what will happen next!~ Theoretically you could jump in on this if you can think of a reason for Star to be here.
    • Dormant — Doctor Who, Dragon Age, Fire Emblem (main), Fire Emblem (alt) — The in-canon reason for this group existing is that the full museum group just found shelter from the Daleks, but then they realized Sherlock was left behind. The Doctor wanted to save him, but everyone insisted that the Doctor was too important to let him go out and possibly get himself killed, so FF offered to go in his place. The meta reason for this group existing is that I wanted to get all the slower-posting characters sectioned off somewhere so that other characters could go on without them and so that the museum group arc as a whole could move at a faster pace. And also, so that I wouldn't have to keep telling newbies "I don't recommend this group because it is very slow". The dormant half of the group I still don't recommend interacting with, but the active part (FF and Sherlock) is still fair game. "Kaga, why are there two Fire Emblems?" Wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey stuff, that's why.
  • Imposter-Doctor vs The Ghost in the Shell — Animorphs, Council members (Black Butler and Soul Eater), Touhou, RvB, and Steam-Powered Giraffe — The first thing you need to know is that Animorphs has morphed into Doctor Who and borrowed his TARDIS, effectively allowing him to pose as the Doctor. So far, he's been successful in making everyone think that he's the real Doctor Who. The 2nd thing you need to know is that RvB somehow became a "ghost" and possessed a tank that also happens to have Dalek technology in it. When Touhou, two Council members, and Animorphs (again, posing as the Doctor), realized that such a dangerous fandom had acquired such a dangerous vessel, they all agreed that something had to be done to stop him. Touhou then volunteered to blow him up with a powerful blast of magic. Animorphs sought shelter in the TARDIS, and then he realized that Steam-Powered Giraffe was hanging around, so he invited her inside, too. Right now, Touhou has just attempted to blow up RvB, and we'll have to wait for a post from Gwazi to see how that turns out. It might be a bit weird to try to jump in before Gwazi posts, but otherwise, I'd say this group is a solid option.
  • Post-Victory Fisticuffs — Hamilton, Teen Wolf, Scooby, Avengers — Just a moment ago, Scooby was attacked by a pair of monsters, and Avengers appeared to help fend them off. When the two monsters were defeated, their bodies disappeared, each of them leaving behind a gemstone in its place. Hamilton and Teen Wolf later appeared on the scene, drawn in by the excitement. Scooby punched Teen Wolf. Then Hamilton tried to punch Scooby. This is a good group to join if Star wants to try to break up the fight. …Or join it, I won't judge.
  • Lions and Beatles and birds, oh my! — Beatles, Lion from SU, The Lunar Chronicles, Teen Titans, giant bird monster — A giant bird monster attacked TLC, the Beatles, and a mysterious pink lion. TLC and Lion fought back. (The Beatles is currently too high to be much help in this situation, and so, he's mainly been hanging out on the sidelines.) Teen Titans later appeared on the scene to help them fight the bird. When it seemed that the bird had been defeated, its body transformed into dozens of much smaller bird-creatures, all of which are still alive and kicking. This is also a good group for Star to join in on, I think.
Free Characters — We have lots of characters that currently aren't doing much of anything. If you want to interact with one of these characters, you can contact that character's owner and plan something for them to do with Star:
  • Cowboy Bebop, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Metal Gear, Space Dandy — These characters all belong to @Flame. He's been on hiatus for a while and I'm not sure whether or not he'd currently be up for re-joining the RP, but you're welcome to reach out to him and find out.
  • Megaman (@Neobullseye) — Last we saw Megaman, he was tasked with keeping an eye on Don't Hug Me I'm Scared while they slept. But DHMIS's owner is currently in the process of dropping out of the RP, so, I'm willing to count Megaman as a free character by this point.
  • Type-Moon (@Minerva)
  • Undertale, Trigun (both of these are mine. hellooo. :wave:)
Please note: If you do reach out to someone about interacting with their character, and they don't reply, do let me know, and I'll help you introduce Star some other way. The same applies if you do get a response, but the other person stops responding before you can actually plan anything concrete. I don't want you to be left hanging with nothing to do, just because another player vanished on you.

@neobendium @Neobullseye @Rithas @Minerva @Takumi @Gwazi Magnum @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Flame @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

A few quick orders of business:
  1. So far, 5 out of 11 members have expressed support for the name change, which means it'll probably happen. I just want to wait for one more person to say yes, to confirm that we have a majority opinion. :P
  2. AquaTheLita is officially considered a drop-out, as far as the character list is concerned. But, she still wants to write a final post for DHM... at some point. So, if that does happen, then, I just want to make sure you guys aren't thrown-off by seeing Aqua suddenly coming back and posting in the IC again, even after all her characters have been moved to the adoptable list.
  3. Remember when I turned into a total hard-ass about making sure people read the rules and RP info, and made the rules list really big and obnoxious because of it? Well, I want to keep the rules list the way it is, because I still think that a spoilered rules list is too easy to skip over. I also think that most of the RP info should still be considered a required read, since it's still very annoying to see people make CS's when they've clearly only skimmed over most of the OP, if that. But, I'm thinking that a few tabs on the RP don't really need to be a required read, and should perhaps be marked as such. The noteworthy locations list, for example, is good to have for flavor, but a new member doesn't necessarily need to read all that in order to understand the gist of how the Fandomverse works. The General Summary, meanwhile, is only relevant to members who have already been accepted. I'm thinking that marking these sections as optional, will help members not feel so intimidated by the amount of info that they're required to read, while also perhaps making it more likely that people do read the now slightly-reduced essential info. Any thoughts on this?

@neobendium @Neobullseye @Rithas @Minerva @Takumi @Gwazi Magnum @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Flame @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

A few quick orders of business:
  1. So far, 5 out of 11 members have expressed support for the name change, which means it'll probably happen. I just want to wait for one more person to say yes, to confirm that we have a majority opinion. :P
  2. AquaTheLita is officially considered a drop-out, as far as the character list is concerned. But, she still wants to write a final post for DHM... at some point. So, if that does happen, then, I just want to make sure you guys aren't thrown-off by seeing Aqua suddenly coming back and posting in the IC again, even after all her characters have been moved to the adoptable list.
  3. Remember when I turned into a total hard-ass about making sure people read the rules and RP info, and made the rules list really big and obnoxious because of it? Well, I want to keep the rules list the way it is, because I still think that a spoilered rules list is too easy to skip over. I also think that most of the RP info should still be considered a required read, since it's still very annoying to see people make CS's when they've clearly only skimmed over most of the OP, if that. But, I'm thinking that a few tabs on the RP don't really need to be a required read, and should perhaps be marked as such. The noteworthy locations list, for example, is good to have for flavor, but a new member doesn't necessarily need to read all that in order to understand the gist of how the Fandomverse works. The General Summary, meanwhile, is only relevant to members who have already been accepted. I'm thinking that marking these sections as optional, will help members not feel so intimidated by the amount of info that they're required to read, while also perhaps making it more likely that people do read the now slightly-reduced essential info. Any thoughts on this?
I'm all for the name change.

Reactions: Kagayours
Remember when I turned into a total hard-ass about making sure people read the rules and RP info, and made the rules list really big and obnoxious because of it? Well, I want to keep the rules list the way it is, because I still think that a spoilered rules list is too easy to skip over. I also think that most of the RP info should still be considered a required read, since it's still very annoying to see people make CS's when they've clearly only skimmed over most of the OP, if that. But, I'm thinking that a few tabs on the RP don't really need to be a required read, and should perhaps be marked as such. The noteworthy locations list, for example, is good to have for flavor, but a new member doesn't necessarily need to read all that in order to understand the gist of how the Fandomverse works. The General Summary, meanwhile, is only relevant to members who have already been accepted. I'm thinking that marking these sections as optional, will help members not feel so intimidated by the amount of info that they're required to read, while also perhaps making it more likely that people do read the now slightly-reduced essential info. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, I guess so. The other ones are still very much relevant though. Speaking of which, the intro bit should be edited too.

@thatguyinthestore Uh.... Minor thing: Megaman is outside, at some kind of plaza somewhere.

Yeah, I guess so. The other ones are still very much relevant though. Speaking of which, the intro bit should be edited too.

Hmm? In what way?

If you just meant changing all instances of "Fandomstuck" to "Fandombound", I was already planning on doing that. o3o

@thatguyinthestore Uh.... Minor thing: Megaman is outside, at some kind of plaza somewhere.

Theoretically you could say that Megaman already went home for whatever reason. But that's for you and Guy to decide, I guess.

ohh okay lemme edit my post lol

If you just meant changing all instances of "Fandomstuck" to "Fandombound", I was already planning on doing that. o3o

I meand things like this bit, for example: "Traditionally, Fandomstuck follows a Homestuck-based plot or setup (hence the title), but since I want this RP to be friendly to non-Homestuck fans as well, you don't need to worry about the 'stuck" 'bit." . This entire line could be cut out. There are probably more in there, but I'm too lazy to check right now.

ohh okay lemme edit my post lol

Got it ^_^. *Reads up* Yep, that works for me. I'll write up a response tomorrow; it's getting a bit too late for that on this side of the ocean.

I meand things like this bit, for example: "Traditionally, Fandomstuck follows a Homestuck-based plot or setup (hence the title), but since I want this RP to be friendly to non-Homestuck fans as well, you don't need to worry about the 'stuck" 'bit." . This entire line could be cut out. There are probably more in there, but I'm too lazy to check right now.

Already done. :P Just cmd+F'ing for "stuck" highlighted all instances of "Fandomstuck" and "Homestuck", which made it easy to find and fix lines like these.

Speaking of which:

@neobendium @Takumi @Gwazi Magnum @thatguyinthestore @Flame @Rithas @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @ArsenicArachnid @Raven

The name of the RP has now been officially changed to "Fandombound", and I think I managed to find and change all mentions of it in the OP (except for a few small cases where I decided it would make more sense to leave it in -- but, I made sure to clarify the reason for the alternate name, in said cases). I also remembered to change the name of the IC thread.

I'm only human, though, so it's entirely possible that I forgot something important. If any of you manage to catch something that I missed, do let me know.

Aaaand hopefully that's the last mass-alert announcement you'll be seeing from me for a while. XD

Reactions: Takumi and noodle
@Kagayours If I may, I like to place a reserve for the Dear Evan Hansen fandom.

Also @Kagayours your meta fandom examples are kind of obscure ( I also didn't know Tumblr was a fandom). ( I also think you changed homestuck to Fandombound by accident)... unless you meant to do that.

Also @Kagayours your meta fandom examples are kind of obscure ( I also didn't know Tumblr was a fandom). ( I also think you changed homestuck to Fandombound by accident)... unless you meant to do that.

Well, I don't know what better examples of "meta fandoms" there would be. Since there's room to argue that the Fandomstuck/bound community constitutes a fandom in its own right, I wanted to make it clear that you can't portray the fandom of Fandomstuck/bound. ...If that makes sense. Tumblr was listed for similar reasons, as the Tumblr community resulted in the creation of Fandomstuck/bound in the first place.

I included that rule when I saw Fandomstuck artists on Tumblr making characters for Fandomstuck and Tumblr. But honestly, now that I think about it, this RP has drifted so far away from the Tumblr trend that inspired it that I'm not sure it's even necessary to list such a rule. Right now it's probably causing more confusion than anything else...

I certainly never listed Homestuck as a "meta fandom", though, since Homestuck would be perfectly acceptable as a playable character (in fact, we did use to have a Homestuck here, although their owner dropped out quite a ways back). After all, Homestuck doesn't have any greater importance in the lore of the RP than any other fandom -- which is exactly what the name change was meant to emphasize. :P

Well, I don't know what better examples of "meta fandoms" there would be. Since there's room to argue that the Fandomstuck/bound community constitutes a fandom in its own right, I wanted to make it clear that you can't portray the fandom of Fandomstuck/bound. ...If that makes sense. Tumblr was listed for similar reasons, as the Tumblr community resulted in the creation of Fandomstuck/bound in the first place.

I included that rule when I saw Fandomstuck artists on Tumblr making characters for Fandomstuck and Tumblr. But honestly, now that I think about it, this RP has drifted so far away from the Tumblr trend that inspired it that I'm not sure it's even necessary to list such a rule. Right now it's probably causing more confusion than anything else...

I certainly never listed Homestuck as a "meta fandom", though, since Homestuck would be perfectly acceptable as a playable character (in fact, we did use to have a Homestuck here, although their owner dropped out quite a ways back). After all, Homestuck doesn't have any greater importance in the lore of the RP than any other fandom -- which is exactly what the name change was meant to emphasize. :P

Ahh, that makes sense. I have a random question and it may seem stupid to ask, but I am going to ask it anyway. Are you the one who made the fandomstuck wiki?

Ahh, that makes sense. I have a random question and it may seem stupid to ask, but I am going to ask it anyway. Are you the one who made the fandomstuck wiki?

No. o3o The Fandomstuck craze was already kind of dying out by the time I discovered it. I can't say I had the privilege of being around in Fandomstuck's heyday, which is when stuff like that Wikia was being made.

No. o3o The Fandomstuck craze was already kind of dying out by the time I discovered it. I can't say I had the privilege of being around in Fandomstuck's heyday, which is when stuff like that Wikia was being made.

Well, somebody here definitely has worked on it. It specifically mentioned an alternate name of it being Fandombound for it.

Oh, and the Musical I am going to write the sheet for won the tony for Best Musical. That's going in the trivia and I might even have him carry around a fake little tony that he is protective of.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
But damn, I gotta say, any time the topic of Fandomstuck's roots comes up, I find myself with quite the urge to start attaching Homestuck lore to everything, and I can't help but wonder what my fandoms' classpects and "Land of" planets would be, and then I want to sort them into Derse and Prospit dreamers and and and-!!

*slaps self* Control yourself, Kaga... you know that none of that info makes any sense if you can't build a plot around a game of SBURB... and SBURB doesn't work as a play-by-post roleplay... you've already tried...

But c'mon, "Lord of Time" is a valid class/aspect combination... and the Lord of Time god tier outfit looks very very similar to traditional Gallifreyan clothes... how am I supposed to just ignore this perfect piece of Homestuck canon??

Well, somebody here definitely has worked on it. It specifically mentioned an alternate name of it being Fandombound for it.

I didn't come up with the name "Fandombound". That name already existed within the Fandomstuck community, and was used for pretty much the same reasons I'm using it now -- for people who wanted to roleplay personified fandoms without being tied down to a Homestuck-based setting. :P

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9