Well, it's mostly the threat of a giant laser to the face that says I should probably post. ...That said, I'm not sure If I can manage to get a post out today. Not feeling all that well >_<.
...Well, I mean, the threat of the giant laser affects both of our characters... so... yeah...

Anyway, I'm also feeling sick, and pretty much everyone's busy this time of year, so... yeah, no rush about posting...

IMG_2003_1.jpg

I just want to point out that this is the official event description that I wrote for the event I ran at a convention last weekend.

I'm still kind of amazed that people showed up. XD

tumblr_opm8z6iy5V1uw8h1ko1_540.png

I literally don't understand the 3DS line anymore.

There are too many modifiers on these names. I'm lost.

Reactions: Takumi
tumblr_opm8z6iy5V1uw8h1ko1_540.png

I literally don't understand the 3DS line anymore.

There are too many modifiers on these names. I'm lost.

I gave up understanding a long time ago ._.

I meant to ask this sooner but @Kagayours did you get the free Doctor Who Comic on Free Comic Book Day?

I meant to ask this sooner but @Kagayours did you get the free Doctor Who Comic on Free Comic Book Day?

:< I didn't know there was a free Doctor Who comic available that day, specifically...

I knew about free comic book day and wanted to get a free comic book, but... my Saturday was just way too hectic to make it happen. And by "hectic" I don't just mean "busy". I mean, like, calls to 911 were made... Needless to say, comic books were not my primary concern at the time...

Although, given what happened over the weekend, I am also quite behind in the end-of-semester work I need to do -- at least compared to how far along I planned on being when I had assumed I would have more time over the weekend to work... so um... yeah... fun.

While we're on the subject, I feel like I should take a moment to apologize to all my RPs for sort of dropping the ball on... really all GMing duties, as well as regular IC posting. With the end so close in sight, it just makes more sense to not think about it all for a while and put it all off until I actually have more time to deal with everything.

This RP in particular isn't being harmed as much as my others are right now due to my inactivity, but, I don't really have enough spoons to give each and every one of them a formal apology at the moment.

Edit:
PARADOXICALLY, YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED THAT I'VE BEEN SPENDING A LOT MORE TIME DERPING AROUND IWAKU AS OF LATE. This is because I already feel so done with this semester, that I've honestly been having a hard time finding the motivation to just finish everything, even though I'm so close... and I've been straight-up procrastinating on a lot of it, because I'm just... too burnt-out...

My current user title, "next gen chill", was a reference to the fact that, at a certain point, I think I became so stressed out that I experienced some sort of, like... overflow glitch. My stress levels exceeded their maximum value, and wrapped around to start from zero again. I am experiencing probably much less stress than I really should be right now, because I feel like I've just become so... numb to a lot of things... This felt good at first, since I'm a workaholic and honestly I don't chill as much as I should, but, now that I've gotten into the last few days and I really have stuff that I need to wrap up... I'm having a real hard time mustering up the motivation to get there... because I just want to act like I'm already done and I can already start relaxing.

Sorry to dump all of this on you guys. I've just been feeling very... bleh.

It might even take me another week or two after finals are over before I can really get back into the swing of RP stuff, because I just really need some recharge time first...

Last edited:
Aww,.. all that sucks. Would you want me to take some pics of the comic and send them your way? ( I also would like to note my first official Doctor Who thing will be through this comic which is all four doctors meeting. :/ It is rather fascinating ( 9-12 by the way) @Kagayours

Aww,.. all that sucks. Would you want me to take some pics of the comic and send them your way?

Ehh... thanks, but you don't have to. Besides, I still haven't even found time to read any of that manga that I bought at Toracon...

( I also would like to note my first official Doctor Who thing will be through this comic which is all four doctors meeting. :/ It is rather fascinating ( 9-12 by the way)

.....Ok but is it really all four of them?

I know that there was a short series of DW comics that (I think) was titled "The Four Doctors", and the cover featured 10, 11, 12, and the War Doctor -- but it turns out that the War Doctor was barely in it. He only made an appearance in a flashback scene, and therefore technically never even interacted with the other three... and while a flashback to the Time War is always a treat, it wasn't exactly what the comic was advertised as. Not to mention, it was a rather brief flashback...

I was thinking about this not too long ago, and I realized... basically any time any sort of Doctor Who special is titled "The X Doctors", you can assume that you're really only going to see X-1 Doctors... For example, the shows 10th anniversary special was titled "The Three Doctors", and was supposed to feature all the Doctors that the show had had so far (which was, at the time, three of them). But William Hartnell was practically on his deathbed at the time, and was certainly too old and sickly to act, so he really only made a few brief appearances throughout the whole special. Then the 20th anniversary special was called "The Five Doctors", which also intended to feature every Doctor from the show's history (Hartnell, long dead by this point, was replaced with a look-alike), but, Tom Baker just sort of... didn't feel like coming back, apparently? I'm honestly not entirely sure what exactly happened there, but I do know that the Fourth Doctor was barely in the special, really only getting a cameo appearance, and also wasn't ever shown on-screen with any of the other Doctors... And then, of course, there's the "Four Doctors" comic book series, which really only focused on three of them.

Really the only instance I can think of where a title like that was actually accurate was in "The Two Doctors", but that wasn't even a special. It was a regular episode of a regular season, in which the writers and producers said "hey, let's bring back one of the old Doctors because we can", even though, one could argue, they really couldn't, because that particular actor looked much older than he did when his version of the Doctor died and regenerated, and they provided no explanation as to how he could've visibly aged like that, and they certainly didn't have a good enough make-up or effects budget to make him look sufficiently young again... But, to all that, the writers and producers said, "meh, we'll let the fans come up with their own explanations." And they did. And that's how we got fan theories that people swear are canon -- thanks to this episode -- but I say they still don't make any sense, and I'd rather just pretend that Patrick Troughton's wrinkles aren't there so that I can preserve the small amount of continuity that still makes sense in this show...

...Can you at least post a pic of what the cover looks like? I'm starting to wonder if perhaps they just handed out leftover copies of the same "Four Doctors" comic that I have. XD

Here you go @Kagayours. Also, yes it is sideways because I was doing it from my labtop while also trying to hide from the webcam.

Attachments

• WIN_20170509_00_06_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170509_00_06_02_Pro.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 2
Here you go @Kagayours. Also, yes it is sideways because I was doing it from my labtop while also trying to hide from the webcam.

...Huh. That does look different than the one I have... And, yeah, Nine wasn't in the special that I have (or at least, he wasn't advertised as being one of the Doctors referred to in the title -- but he did actually make a cameo appearance in that one...).

Once you're done reading it, let me know if all four of them actually get a decent chunk of time in the spotlight. XD

@Kagayours I skimmed it. So from what I skimmed, twelve is narrating his past encounters with a particular series to Bill ( the new girl) around an alien and each doctor has a few pages ( 3 for nine and ten, 4 for eleven) worth of flashbacks surrounding these creatures.

@Kagayours I skimmed it. So from what I skimmed, twelve is narrating his past encounters with a particular series to Bill ( the new girl) around an alien and each doctor has a few pages ( 3 for nine and ten, 4 for eleven) worth of flashbacks surrounding these creatures.

Ahh. I see.

MMMMM SO

@ArsenicArachnid

Let's see if we can get you into an active group, TAKE TWO:

First there's the "tower group", consisting of Pokemon, Minecraft, Sonic, Kagerou, and Wizard101. It's... a bit of a mess, at the moment. Slow-moving, held up by certain people, also some players are falling behind a bit as others keep posting... occasionally. Sorting out this group is near the top of my RP to-do list for when I'm finished with the semester and I've re-charged enough that I at least no longer feel dead inside, but, as for this very moment... yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're interested in joining this group, you might have to wait a bit longer.

Then there's the always-popular museum group(s), featuring Doctor Who, Dragon Age, two versions of Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, and, at some point in the near future, Sherlock (hint hint, wink wink). I included that potential plurality in "group(s)" because we're kind of in the process of splitting this up into smaller groups (or, at the very least, just remove all the slow posters from the rotation for a while, so that we can have at least one group that moves at a moderate pace...). And if we get a group that's a bit faster moving and not so weighed-down by all the baggage that the museum group used to always have, then that means that, theoretically, another character could join! But uh, we haven't quite gotten to that point yet, so... yeah... you might need to wait a bit longer...

Next we have the group consisting of RvB, Touhou, Animorphs, and Council members Black Butler and Soul Eater. This group would be a perfect one to jump in with -- if not for the fact that the most recent post is one that really warrants a reply from myself and Touhou first, and... yeah... But like, by the time I get that post up (and Neo follows suit)? This is a good group to join. Do recommend.

Next is the Teen Wolf, Scooby, Avengers, and Hamilton group. There were recently two gem monsters here, but they were defeated, and now only the gems remain. Avengers and Hamilton are confused. Scooby just punched Teen Wolf. This group has the fewest barriers to entry, if you're at all interested in what's going on here.

Trigun and Submachine are still trying to figure out how to get Submachine's warpy thingy to work so that they can catch a gem thief and save SU. I don't know why you'd want to jump in with this group, but, theoretically, you can. It'll probably be rather slow-moving, though.

TLC and Teen Titans are fighting a giant bird. Beatles is there. SU's Lion is there. People are waiting for me to post for the giant bird (and/or Beatles, and/or Lion). That being said, I'm not completely opposed to having SPG join the party and get another attack in on that bird while you all wait for me.

Also, Undertale is... wherever. You and I could totally set something up with Undertale if that's who you want to interact with.

I'm probably making myself look like a shitty GM, giving you a list of options but saying that most of them aren't a good idea because of my own inability to post regularly. But, having already left you waiting without anything to do for so long, and for the same reasons that have kept me from posting... I figured I should at least give you some sort of update on the situation, just so you're not left in the dark any longer. Sorry I haven't been able to do more to keep the RP running smoothly; college is one hell of a drug...

Also, I was going to list all the free characters like I did last time, but, I decided to be smart this time around and limit it to only the free characters who would actually be good candidates for this, and... that only left Undertale, which is why I added that blurb about them about a paragraph or so above.

Let me know if any of this sounds like a good plan to you~

MMMMM SO

@ArsenicArachnid

Let's see if we can get you into an active group, TAKE TWO:

First there's the "tower group", consisting of Pokemon, Minecraft, Sonic, Kagerou, and Wizard101. It's... a bit of a mess, at the moment. Slow-moving, held up by certain people, also some players are falling behind a bit as others keep posting... occasionally. Sorting out this group is near the top of my RP to-do list for when I'm finished with the semester and I've re-charged enough that I at least no longer feel dead inside, but, as for this very moment... yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're interested in joining this group, you might have to wait a bit longer.

Then there's the always-popular museum group(s), featuring Doctor Who, Dragon Age, two versions of Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, and, at some point in the near future, Sherlock (hint hint, wink wink). I included that potential plurality in "group(s)" because we're kind of in the process of splitting this up into smaller groups (or, at the very least, just remove all the slow posters from the rotation for a while, so that we can have at least one group that moves at a moderate pace...). And if we get a group that's a bit faster moving and not so weighed-down by all the baggage that the museum group used to always have, then that means that, theoretically, another character could join! But uh, we haven't quite gotten to that point yet, so... yeah... you might need to wait a bit longer...

Next we have the group consisting of RvB, Touhou, Animorphs, and Council members Black Butler and Soul Eater. This group would be a perfect one to jump in with -- if not for the fact that the most recent post is one that really warrants a reply from myself and Touhou first, and... yeah... But like, by the time I get that post up (and Neo follows suit)? This is a good group to join. Do recommend.

Next is the Teen Wolf, Scooby, Avengers, and Hamilton group. There were recently two gem monsters here, but they were defeated, and now only the gems remain. Avengers and Hamilton are confused. Scooby just punched Teen Wolf. This group has the fewest barriers to entry, if you're at all interested in what's going on here.

Trigun and Submachine are still trying to figure out how to get Submachine's warpy thingy to work so that they can catch a gem thief and save SU. I don't know why you'd want to jump in with this group, but, theoretically, you can. It'll probably be rather slow-moving, though.

TLC and Teen Titans are fighting a giant bird. Beatles is there. SU's Lion is there. People are waiting for me to post for the giant bird (and/or Beatles, and/or Lion). That being said, I'm not completely opposed to having SPG join the party and get another attack in on that bird while you all wait for me.

Also, Undertale is... wherever. You and I could totally set something up with Undertale if that's who you want to interact with.

I'm probably making myself look like a shitty GM, giving you a list of options but saying that most of them aren't a good idea because of my own inability to post regularly. But, having already left you waiting without anything to do for so long, and for the same reasons that have kept me from posting... I figured I should at least give you some sort of update on the situation, just so you're not left in the dark any longer. Sorry I haven't been able to do more to keep the RP running smoothly; college is one hell of a drug...

Also, I was going to list all the free characters like I did last time, but, I decided to be smart this time around and limit it to only the free characters who would actually be good candidates for this, and... that only left Undertale, which is why I added that blurb about them about a paragraph or so above.

Let me know if any of this sounds like a good plan to you~

I'll join the third one, if that's okay.

Reactions: Kagayours
EUROVISIONEUROVISION SAXAPHONE PLAYER IS BACK EUROVISIONEUROVISION WE BETTER NOT BE FUCKING ROBBED IN THE NEXT SEMI-FINAL EUROVISIONEUROVISION DID I MENTION THE SAXAPHONE PLAYER? EUROVISION EUROVISION

EUROVISIONEUROVISION SAXAPHONE PLAYER IS BACK EUROVISIONEUROVISION WE BETTER NOT BE FUCKING ROBBED IN THE NEXT SEMI-FINAL EUROVISIONEUROVISION DID I MENTION THE SAXAPHONE PLAYER? EUROVISION EUROVISION

*continues to be an ignorant American who does not care for Eurovision but also has no right to complain about it because websites like these are already highly US-centric and all non-American people have to put up with enough talk about American things to equal at least ten Eurovisions on at least a weekly basis so yeeeaaaah*

My opinion on Eurovision... And all sports in general.

*continues to be an ignorant American who does not care for Eurovision but also has no right to complain about it because websites like these are already highly US-centric and all non-American people have to put up with enough talk about American things to equal at least ten Eurovisions on at least a weekly basis so yeeeaaaah*

Honestly sometimes everything is so american that I forget that your problems aren't mine.

My opinion on Eurovision... And all sports in general.

I mean Eurovision isn't really a sport, more like an annual singing competition/ a two hour lesson on inner european relations 101. But I suppose that proves your point.

(Also person used IT quote for sport dingding haven't heard that one before.)

Last edited: