I'll have a post for Doctor Who (and alt-FE) up soon.

Stay tuned for some OOC announcements after that.

Despite its length, this still feels like a shitty post that was rushed out and is possibly barely-coherent in some places... oh well. At least it's up.

Now for those OOC announcements I mentioned:

@Minerva @Rithas @Neobullseye

As I may have hinted at before, I want to split the museum group up into at least two smaller groups. There are two main reasons for this:
  1. This group has pretty much always been moving at a snail's pace, usually getting held up by the same people -- some of whom can't so easily be skipped because of how important they are to the plot.
  2. When people do get around to posting, it feels like many characters have hardly anything to do other than passively react to what's been happening... I feel like several characters have hardly any room to influence the story.
The two main characters I'm thinking of for point #2 are DA and main-FE. I'm not trying to criticize how you guys have been RPing the characters or anything. I realize this is largely my fault for setting the group up this way.

As for point #1... well, you know who you are. I understand that life gets in the way and sometimes it's just hard to post, so I don't want to make you guys feel bad about it, but, the fact of the matter is, your slow posting has been a problem. And especially given that the slowness-to-post has been a constant issue for the very long span of time that this group has been together? I'm getting rather frustrated with it... and I also haven't been very satisfied with my own attempts to fix this problem. I really don't enjoy constantly posting for alt-FE just to move the story forward. (And I feel like it isn't fair to Minerva to never give him a chance to use his own character, either.)

So, to get back to why I'm splitting the group up -- I want to split our characters up in a way that can:
  1. Group slow posters with other slow posters and faster ones with other fast ones.
  2. Take some of the "background" characters who've hardly had any time to shine and put them in a situation where they can actually influence some things.
I didn't assign any specific groups at the end of my IC post, because I'm still not totally sure what the best groups would be, and I figured it makes the most sense to ask you guys where you want your characters to be, anyway.

Most likely, I think the Doctor and alt-FE will stay behind. By the looks of things, Minerva and I have been way too busy to post regularly (I have neglected both homework and sleep in order to bring this most recent IC post to you all), so it doesn't seem like a good plan to make us the cornerstone of this whole plot. With these two staying behind, they'll be more-or-less taken out of the posting rotation altogether, and then Minerva and I will have time to get our lives together. Also, I don't expect very much action to happen in this group -- so I'm not concerned about time passing way faster in one group than another, since we can just say that the Doctor and alt-FE were just sort of chilling and not doing anything important during whatever span of time the other group was gone for. ...Or until we decide we want to start playing these characters again, if something happens to the search party that makes them a bit late to return. (Hohohoho.)

Final Fantasy definitely seems like a good candidate to go look for Sherlock, so I'm assuming he'll be part of that group, unless Neo has any objections.

The main question is what to do with DA, who falls into both the "slow poster" and "not really able to contribute to the story" camps. So, I guess this depends on what Rithas wants to do. If you feel like you won't be able to keep up with posting, then, maybe it's best for him to stay behind, in the group where there posting will only happen at a very leisurely pace, if at all. If you want something to have more of an influence on the story, then, I guess DA can go with FF, so long as you feel like you can keep up with posting...

As for main-FE, I definitely think he should stay behind. We've seen posts for him even less frequently than DA, and -- especially if DA goes with FF -- I don't want to still have Rithas and Minerva in the most important group... I know I keep saying I'm "splitting the group up", but, really, I'm planning on one of these groups being mostly dormant. So, it's more like I'm just sort of... trimming the fat off of our current group, removing the characters that are too slow or are hogging up too much of the plot, in order to remedy the problems we've been having up until now...

Anyway, this brings me to my 2nd issue: if DA stays behind, then, that means FF would be going out all alone. And, given the situation, it's hard to think of an IC justification for that... sending just one party member out alone sounds like an obviously bad idea. Of course, if every able-bodied member were to go out, then that would put main-FE in the active group, and... yeah, I've already explained why I don't want that.

The good news is, there isn't anything to worry about in regards to FF having no one to react to if he goes alone -- because, well... spoiler alert, Sherlock is about to become relevant again. Also, if FF does go alone, then that means we can essentially skip straight to what happens when the screwdriver locates its target, therefore getting straight back into more interesting things and avoiding any transitional fluff that might slow things down in the process of searching for Sherlock. (I suppose this can theoretically still be done even if FF has other party members with him, but it feels like the more obvious option if FF is alone.)

SO ANYWAY SORRY I SUCK AT BEING CONCISE AND I RAMBLE SO MUCH (I am very tired right now and I feel like a zombie) BUT UH... yeah, what do you guys think about all this?

(Also, just letting you know -- anyone who fails to provide any input on this by the time we've made it around to the next posting cycle? I'm just going to automatically put your character(s) in the inactive group...)

And on a not-directly-related-to-GM-business note: I spent a really long time thinking about whether not it made sense for Cyber-Sherlock to at least be able to feign emotion for purposes of deception. Eventually I decided that, in-person, he probably wouldn't be able to get those nonverbal cues down, and he would look just as robotic and obviously-emotionless as any other Cyberman (I mean, not that he would be able to trick anyone into thinking he was still himself, anyway -- what with all those cyber-bits on his face...). But if he's communicating purely through text, then... that might be feasible... :P

Imagine...

The Katamari Damacy fandom.

And him being the sort of fandom that the Council pretty much immediately feels the need to keep an eye on, because, if left unsupervised, he would not hesitate to roll the entire town into a giant ball.

Until eventually, they realize that they can use him to clean up the aftermath of each monster-of-the-week attack.

Sure, the Council probably has access to faster and more efficient ways of cleaning up debris and leftover low-level monsters, but, the important thing is that it gives KD a productive outlet for his katamari-rolling so that he doesn't cause any trouble.

Just something I've been thinking about.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye
Imagine...

The Katamari Damacy fandom.

And him being the sort of fandom that the Council pretty much immediately feels the need to keep an eye on, because, if left unsupervised, he would not hesitate to roll the entire town into a giant ball.

Until eventually, they realize that they can use him to clean up the aftermath of each monster-of-the-week attack.

Sure, the Council probably has access to faster and more efficient ways of cleaning up debris and leftover low-level monsters, but, the important thing is that it gives KD a productive outlet for his katamari-rolling so that he doesn't cause any trouble.

Just something I've been thinking about.
And then it gets out of hand, he ends up rolling the entire town up into a ball anyay, keeps on going, and somehow breaks the Barrier due to its ball growing beyond the capacity of said Barrier (even though there should not be enough stuff to roll up, but shy obey logic when you can have shenanigans? :P )

EDIT: Ooh! Alternatively, the barrier is strong enough to withstand an infinite amount of force due to literal plot magic, and as a result the ball can never grow beyond a certain diameter. Meanwhile, KD keeps rolling the ball in place, constantly drawng in more mass from hyperspace. Now, what happens if you increase mass while keeping volume the same? You end up increasing density. Now, what happens if you keep this up for a really, really long time? Singularity, here we come! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
And then it gets out of hand, he ends up rolling the entire town up into a ball anyay, keeps on going, and somehow breaks the Barrier due to its ball growing beyond the capacity of said Barrier (even though there should not be enough stuff to roll up, but shy obey logic when you can have shenanigans? :P )

EDIT: Ooh! Alternatively, the barrier is strong enough to withstand an infinite amount of force due to literal plot magic, and as a result the ball can never grow beyond a certain diameter. Meanwhile, KD keeps rolling the ball in place, constantly drawng in more mass from hyperspace. Now, what happens if you increase mass while keeping volume the same? You end up increasing density. Now, what happens if you keep this up for a really, really long time? Singularity, here we come! :D
I like this idea! However, I do think that a more likely scenario is that, once the katamari is trapped in such a tight space, video game logic will take over -- and the katamari will enter that semi-glitched state where being stuck in a cramped spot is treated as a continuous series of collisions, thus causing the katamari to continuously shrink until KD manages to wriggle himself out. However, the objects have nowhere else to go, and will land right back inside the katamari -- and the katamari itself also has nowhere else to go -- so all of this will create an endless loop, similarly to how the infamously bad Silver boss fight from Sonic '06 can easily trap you in an endless death.

(Edit: I bring this up because I seem to land in said semi-glitched state often. Although, that might just be my fault for constantly trying to cram myself into places that I shouldn't fit in.)

Also, I doubt that this will be an issue, given that things don't exactly move super-fast around here, but, just to get this on the books: I might not be online very much this weekend, as I'll be at a convention.

Also, at the convention, I bought a book with really bizarre color-changing properties that basically make it "the dress" all over again.

And I don't think it was meant to do this, either. It was just... blue when I bought it. And now it changes between blue and purple depending on the lighting. But like, it's a very strong difference. I'm not talking about a blue-ish purple and a purple-ish blue. These are not colors that would ordinarily be confused with each other.

I even found a way to make the front cover look blue and the spine purple, even though they're supposed to be the same color.

Edit: Funnily enough, the cover also has gold on it, in addition to being blue and black.

Perhaps our brains just aren't very good at processing those three colors in particular...

Reactions: Takumi
Papa Oscar Sierra Tango Echo Delta

I have posted. Also, with each passing post, I wait for the moment where something can happen to trigger other parts of Scooby's personality. Also, that scene was originally going to be much worse... but I realized that Scooby would know what Teen Wolf had due to his mind, so it turned out even better for me. ( I hope that is still an accurate portrayal via the dialogue. I imagine internally he started thinking of Dracula, switched to vampires, then remembered something scary and would have kept going if I let him. Tell me if you think I should edit or add the process on if you think so @Kagayours

@LuckycoolHawk9

Uhh, I mean, Teen Wolf's dialogue is fine by me, if that's what you're asking about. It's mainly Scooby's actions that are throwing me off... I mean, in general, the way that you've been characterizing Scooby feels really weird to me, BUT, I feel like it's not really my place to tell you how you want to play your characters, so I won't really elaborate on that unless you really want to hear my opinion. As for the ADHD thing in particular, if that's what you're worried about: I feel like it's a bit much for Scooby to be able to immediately recognize it -- like, I know mystery-solving is kind of Scooby's thing, but, it still seems out-of-nowhere, especially since Teen Wolf hadn't even been talking for very long. BUT, that's mainly just, like... my opinion. This isn't the sort of thing that I would normally say anything about as a GM, and certainly not something that I would make you go back and edit -- especially since it only affects your own characters, and, ultimately, really isn't a big deal -- so uh... yeah.

tl;dr -- Speaking as a GM, you did nothing wrong, so don't worry about it. Speaking simply as a person with opinions, your post is kind of weird and off-putting... but I wouldn't normally even bring it up unless you specifically asked about it.

Throwing out a note here: I'll post for Touhou tomorrow or something.

@Neobullseye

o.o I mean, I feel like there really isn't much of a need to post for Touhou before I post for Animorphs and/or the Council members -- unless you really want to post and have something you really want to say in response...

@Kagayours I souldn't mind hearing what throws you. (I think I just figured out what is making him so horrible and where all of this mess is coming from and it all ties to one/ two characters in the fandom)

@LuckycoolHawk9 Well, for a while, I really didn't see what the reason was for Scooby being so cynical and so bothered by the existence of any other mystery-genre fandoms... and, in general, he just seemed to be excessively mean and cynical, and I didn't see how that connected to the spirit of the series.

And your most recent IC post in particular is just like... where the heck is any of this meanness coming from? Why is he so upset at meeting a fan? And as for "this day being hell"... I feel like the most recent events that just happened would be fairly run-of-the-mill for a fandom who's known for those iconic chase scenes where the main characters spend a solid couple of minutes being chased around by all kinds of monsters.

And why did he punch Teen Wolf?? Where did that come from??

And then there's the thing about how Scooby like... sees Teen Wolf's ADHD as a personal pet peeve of his, if I'm reading this correctly?

There were very few things that ticked off Scooby and TW had found one of them.

What exactly was it that was bothering Scooby so much? Him getting so upset by TW being a little bit rambly is like... ehh...

And then this,

I hope you continue to take your treatment, it is kind of helping with your ADHD...

Not only is it kind of uncalled for to point out something like that, but this is just a really rude way of phrasing it...

And like, I'm not saying you can't create mean characters. But with Scooby in particular, I think what gets me is the fact that it all just feels so out-of-nowhere. I wouldn't expect Scooby to act like this, and so his meanness just feels... really unexpected, and, consequently, kind of off-putting as a result...

Okay, that first part of me is easy to address. He is cynical and annoyed because he has been rebooted so many times before. Think of like this, each time he gets comfortable, he is suddenly changed to be something different. It is more of a fact that he doesn't know his true spirit and is slowly losing grip on what it is. ( Based on the fact that the fandom has gone from light, to supernatural to dark and now back to comical. He doesn't know what his real identity is)

The meanness is coming from the fact that things are not going his way and also is coming from a character from his previous incarnation ( the Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated fandom) who was a sadistic man. Also, another thing is that he generally doesn't fight people, he generally runs from his problems and he had planned to distract and then run. That plan was ruined when Avengers and Hamilton arrived, hence why he is not grateful

That is one of his character quirks coming out. Teen Wolf had mentioned Dracula and the memory associated with that character from causing him to punch the person who mentions it.

Now, at this point, Scooby is just pissed and he is lashing out... sadly on Teen Wolf. He isn't personally annoyed by the ADHD, more so that he has to deal with all this.
Click to expand...​
Dracula, Teen Wolf had mentioned Dracula.

Click to expand...​
I personally feel like I am going to change that soon myself. It is going to be a gradual change, but at this point, I can see your point. I wasn't planning to keep it forever and I even think it is getting slightly out of hand and need to fix it.

@Kagayours

Okay, that first part of me is easy to address. He is cynical and annoyed because he has been rebooted so many times before. Think of like this, each time he gets comfortable, he is suddenly changed to be something different. It is more of a fact that he doesn't know his true spirit and is slowly losing grip on what it is. ( Based on the fact that the fandom has gone from light, to supernatural to dark and now back to comical. He doesn't know what his real identity is)

Mmm... fair enough, I suppose. I think what really got me about his meanness was that it seemed excessively harsh, even for the darker incarnations of the series. So when looking at the history of the franchise as a whole, his more cynical persona feels way out of left field to me. But, that's just my opinion. You don't have to change it or anything.

The meanness is coming from the fact that things are not going his way and also is coming from a character from his previous incarnation ( the Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated fandom) who was a sadistic man. Also, another thing is that he generally doesn't fight people, he generally runs from his problems and he had planned to distract and then run. That plan was ruined when Avengers and Hamilton arrived, hence why he is not grateful

:/ But wait, didn't he pull out the bow and "arrows" to use on the gem beast before Avengers and Hamilton showed up?

And even if he would've rather run away than fight -- to me it just feels like the way he reacted was surprisingly harsh... Being upset about something doesn't necessarily lead to being mean and cynical about it. For some characters, it makes sense that they would react that way. But for Scooby, it felt really out-of-nowhere. (Again, though, just my opinion...)

That is one of his character quirks coming out. Teen Wolf had mentioned Dracula and the memory associated with that character from causing him to punch the person who mentions it.

Oh...? *checks CS*

Oh. Alright then. I forgot about that. :/

I personally feel like I am going to change that soon myself. It is going to be a gradual change, but at this point, I can see your point. I wasn't planning to keep it forever and I even think it is getting slightly out of hand and need to fix it.

Maybe Scooby could hang out with the Beatles sometime... he might have some suggestions to help him calm down a bit... :P

I am also with you on that. I honestly forgot about that- but I personally was probably going to use the "bow" as a distraction and then run for it. I agree with you on some level. I don't mean for him to come up as super mean ( slightly cynical) but somehow, it got lost in translation.

Also, yes, drugging the dog would be fine. :) ( I mean, it isn't too out of left field for the Scooby Fandom to have some drugs to mellow out. )

@Kagayours

On an unrelated note:

Apparently Joe Jonas will be performing at my college campus this upcoming Friday.

I don't even know how I feel about that. XD

@Neobullseye

o.o I mean, I feel like there really isn't much of a need to post for Touhou before I post for Animorphs and/or the Council members -- unless you really want to post and have something you really want to say in response...

Well, it's mostly the threat of a giant laser to the face that says I should probably post. ...That said, I'm not sure If I can manage to get a post out today. Not feeling all that well >_<.