Honestly the same applies to most beetle fans.
Where a lot of the time the following seems more of a popularity thing than anything else. :/
Knowing my sister? I think her's is more the Popularity/Trying to be Hipster thing.

That's the weird thing about the Beetles I've noticed.
It attracts both hipsters and 'main stream followers' at the same time.
Yet your reaction seems more genuine excitement, which speaks miles more for a fan base than someone who goes "I like beetles cause others do and they're old".

Listen.

Listen.

Listen.

You wanna know why I love the Beatles? Cuz they're fucking brilliant, that's why. They tackled just about any style they felt like, giving them the most insane diversity ever, and they just did anything they felt like. I mean, they have songs about an author struggling to get a book published, what life is like for old people, and falling in love with the Queen of England. Why? I dunno, I guess because they can and they wanted to. To fall back on a well-known example -- Yellow Submarine. That song is just so whimsical and happy, and some people say that there's some deeper meaning in the lyrics but you know what? I don't care -- that song doesn't need a deeper meaning. It's just happy and fun to sing along to and that's all it needs to be, because the Beatles knew how to be fun. They wrote songs that, nowadays, you'd only expect to find from parody writers or something -- but they weren't parody writers. They were artists that people still took seriously because they could write serious songs to pull on people's heartstrings like Hey Jude and In My Life, and that's something you just never see anymore. What they did would be like Weird Al trying to write something serious, which you just don't see. You don't see serious songs and just happy whimsical fun mixing like they somehow magically managed to pull off.

Not to mention there's the fact that I just fucking love their voices and I swear I'd even go so far as to call them angelic in some songs. Although I will stress some songs because when I told Henry that they sounded angelic she reminded me that they have a song called "Let's do it in the Road", and she's totally right, because there's that range thing again -- they can make themselves sound almost like completely different people to match any style they want.

Them being old really has nothing to do with it. Hell they really didn't resemble the times they were in at all -- they were actually really ahead of their time in everything they were doing and also sort of invented the rock genre.

I also really don't see how anyone can really like the Beatles "as a hipster thing" because I'm pretty sure "hipster" implies avoiding the mainstream, and, I'm sorry but I can't even count the number of times that Beatles songs have made their way into fucking car commercials and things -- they're everywhere. They're a household name; everyone knows who they are. If you wanna be a hipster, then go get into some indie band that no one's ever heard of and tell everyone how cool you are for discovering them. You can't do that with the Beatles. They've been discovered, and endlessly praised, for decades now. I mean I know that they're not exactly the music that airs on the pop stations these days but still. These guys are in the fucking history books.

Honestly I think you don't give Beatles fans enough credit. Not everyone's trying to be a hipster -- some of us can just respect good music and a band that managed to release over 200 original songs in like 10 years without any two of them sounding too similar.

I probably sounded angry when typing all that. I'm not. Just passionate, I guess.

Also,
[spoili]I'm sorry but do you really not get the pun in their name? You've been spelling it without it this whole time...
hehe.gif
[/spoili]

Listen.

Listen.

Listen.

You wanna know why I love the Beatles? Cuz they're fucking brilliant, that's why. They tackled just about any style they felt like, giving them the most insane diversity ever, and they just did anything they felt like. I mean, they have songs about an author struggling to get a book published, what life is like for old people, and falling in love with the Queen of England. Why? I dunno, I guess because they can and they wanted to. To fall back on a well-known example -- Yellow Submarine. That song is just so whimsical and happy, and some people say that there's some deeper meaning in the lyrics but you know what? I don't care -- that song doesn't need a deeper meaning. It's just happy and fun to sing along to and that's all it needs to be, because the Beatles knew how to be fun. They wrote songs that, nowadays, you'd only expect to find from parody writers or something -- but they weren't parody writers. They were artists that people still took seriously because they could write serious songs to pull on people's heartstrings like Hey Jude and In My Life, and that's something you just never see anymore. What they did would be like Weird Al trying to write something serious, which you just don't see. You don't see serious songs and just happy whimsical fun mixing like they somehow magically managed to pull off.

Not to mention there's the fact that I just fucking love their voices and I swear I'd even go so far as to call them angelic in some songs. Although I will stress some songs because when I told Henry that they sounded angelic she reminded me that they have a song called "Let's do it in the Road", and she's totally right, because there's that range thing again -- they can make themselves sound almost like completely different people to match any style they want.

Them being old really has nothing to do with it. Hell they really didn't resemble the times they were in at all -- they were actually really ahead of their time in everything they were doing and also sort of invented the rock genre.

I also really don't see how anyone can really like the Beatles "as a hipster thing" because I'm pretty sure "hipster" implies avoiding the mainstream, and, I'm sorry but I can't even count the number of times that Beatles songs have made their way into fucking car commercials and things -- they're everywhere. They're a household name; everyone knows who they are. If you wanna be a hipster, then go get into some indie band that no one's ever heard of and tell everyone how cool you are for discovering them. You can't do that with the Beatles. They've been discovered, and endlessly praised, for decades now. I mean I know that they're not exactly the music that airs on the pop stations these days but still. These guys are in the fucking history books.

Honestly I think you don't give Beatles fans enough credit. Not everyone's trying to be a hipster -- some of us can just respect good music and a band that managed to release over 200 original songs in like 10 years without any two of them sounding too similar.

I probably sounded angry when typing all that. I'm not. Just passionate, I guess.

Also,
[spoili]I'm sorry but do you really not get the pun in their name? You've been spelling it without it this whole time...
hehe.gif
[/spoili]
I wish I could put this many words into the paper I'm writing about government.

That is the difference between passion and non-passion.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I wish I could put this many words into the paper I'm writing about government.

That is the difference between passion and non-passion.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

*noms the cookie*

It's due tomorrow morning. Minimum 5 pages and I'm at 2, almost. I have run out of words.

I really can't help you with that one, I don't think. Sorry.

*nom nom*

Listen.

Listen.

Listen.

Also,
hehe.gif
[/spoili]
Uh... :/

"Yet your reaction seems more genuine excitement, which speaks miles more for a fan base than someone who goes "I like beetles cause others do and they're old".

^I'm not sure if this was clear. But I wasn't trying to call you a Hipster.
The Hipster thing was more something I saw with my Sister and some others, but I wasn't trying to imply all fans were like that.

I'm not denying their good or have skill.
Or that they have fans because of that.

But I've also noticed a rather large mob following with them, people who defend them "because" and never give a reason.
(It should be noted, the vast majority of beatle fans I personally ran into were the "You don't like what I do? WTF!? How can you be such a weird monster!?" kind of people.
So may perspective could be tainted, but I already took that into consideration also realizing that I probably hit a bad crew of beatle fans growing up).

Though in regards to the Hipster element?
They're an old band, that instantly gains them a lot of Hipster points.
And generally all the beatle fans I've seen were the same people who tried to be Hipster.
There we very few non-Hipster people I met who also mentioned liking the band.

+Remember Hipster is basically becoming mainstream.
It's become a contradiction of itself. :P

"Yet your reaction seems more genuine excitement, which speaks miles more for a fan base than someone who goes "I like beetles cause others do and they're old".

The Hipster thing was more something I saw with my Sister and some others, but I wasn't trying to imply all fans were like that.

But I've also noticed a rather large mob following with them, people who defend them "because" and never give a reason.
(It should be noted, the vast majority of beatle fans I personally ran into were the "You don't like what I do? WTF!? How can you be such a weird monster!?" kind of people.
So may perspective could be tainted, but I already took that into consideration also realizing that I probably hit a bad crew of beatle fans growing up).

And generally all the beatle fans I've seen were the same people who tried to be Hipster.

I know a hipster.

She's sitting a few seats away from me.

We are camping out in the classroom all night to finish our papers because we're both horrible procrastinators.

The admin building locks down at midnight.

We are going to hide from the night guard so we can stay.

Oh I know you weren't calling me a hipster or anything. And like I said, I wasn't angry. :P Just... yeah. It kind of seemed like a generalization. And I know I've never really met any Beatles fans who were like that, but then again I kind of only recently got into this fandom, so... yeah.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
*Raises harms for the inevitable rage and hate spree for not completely loving the beatles*

Wait... I'm NOT going to be devalued as a human being this time for not personally liking the band that much?

This is the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

(Yes I know this is Queens and not Beatles!)

Also to answer your question.
No, I didn't know the Beatle's band name as a pun.
I was spelling it Beetles because spell check kept telling me I was wrong.

*Raises harms for the inevitable rage and hate spree for not completely loving the beatles*

Wait... I'm NOT going to be devalued as a human being this time for not personally liking the band that much?

Dude. You've known me for how long now? You know I'm not the type to shove these sorts of things on other people, or judge anyone personally based on their interests.

I may be passionate, but I'm not bloodthirsty.
gray.gif

This is the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

(Yes I know this is Queens and not Beatles!)

Nice catch. I felt my fingers twitch for a second there.

Also to answer your question.
No, I didn't know the Beatle's band name as a pun.

*blink, blink* Wait, really?

That honestly shocks me.

I was spelling it Beetles because spell check kept telling me I was wrong.

As does this. You'd think they'd be popular enough to be included in most spell check dictionaries. o.o

Dude. You've known me for how long now? You know I'm not the type to shove these sorts of things on other people, or judge anyone personally based on their interests.

I may be passionate, but I'm not bloodthirsty.
gray.gif
I was joking. :P

I know you're not like that.
But so many others are that I joked about how common such a response is from people. :P
As does this. You'd think they'd be popular enough to be included in most spell check dictionaries. o.o
That shocks me too honestly. :/

Beat-les.
They have beat?

(I hope this is the correct answer).

Yeah that's correct.

I'm sorry but it still kind of surprises me that you never noticed that until now. o3o

I don't follow bands much... :/

I don't follow bands much... :/

Well yeah but I mean... I didn't follow them much, either, until, like, this past year. But I mean... never mind.

Well to be honest I didn't notice it was a pun partially cause that's how I thought beetles are actually spelled.
I didn't realize it was a mis-spelling until spell check told me right now.

Well to be honest I didn't notice it was a pun partially cause that's how I thought beetles are actually spelled.
I didn't realize it was a mis-spelling until spell check told me right now.

Oh, well that makes a bit more sense.