• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Anywhoodle, my roommate says they're getting Moon, so I guess that settles that. :D

I barely have any friends, though.

So, that's right out.
The GTS is a wonderful tool...

And I'm sure there will be no shortage of people willing to trade you an Alolan Vulpix for your Alolan Sandshrew if you get Moon. o_o

Just something to keep in mind... Gamefreak eliminated the "you can't catch 'em all without friends to trade with" thing way back in Gen IV... :P Well, except for event legends. The restrictions on those are pretty annoying.

On a related note, I love Charjabug. It might very well be both my facourite Bug-Type ever AND my favourite Electric type ever :D

On a related note, I love Charjabug. It might very well be both my facourite Bug-Type ever AND my favourite Electric type ever :D
Is that the square bug that evolves into the triangle beetle?

With all this talk of which version people are getting, I settled on Pokemon Moon the moment I heard the names. Cause like....the fuckin moon amirite.

If only I could bother to and actually get the game.

Damn me and my extreme reluctance to spend my money on anything that isn't chocolate.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
One thing I do really like about Tumblr is its tendency to throw information at you that's sort of relevant to your interests and you find it kind of amusing but you probably never would've sought that information out in the first place and you're kind of at a loss as to where to go from there.

Like.

I now know who Benedict Cumberbatch's favorite Beatle is.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that information, but I have it.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that information, but I have it.
Incorporate it into the Beatles Fandom somehow. :)

I got both Sun and Moon due to indecisiveness. And even though I technically started in Moon I made it farther in Sun. :-|

I got both Sun and Moon due to indecisiveness. And even though I technically started in Moon I made it farther in Sun. :-|
The "Screw the rules, I have money!" method.

A classic

The "Screw the rules, I have money!" method.

A classic

Well I basically asked my dad "wait, are we just getting one game?" and he asked how many I planned to get so I said 2. I mostly asked because sometimes I pick one and he's just like "is that all you're getting? Go ahead and pick another." or something like that.

We originally went to get me a sweater too but he said we'll go back since it was like, 11 something at night on Thanksgiving day. ._.

Edit: then again it pretty much was the whole "screw the rules, I have money!" method like you said.

I used to say that a lot when I actually had money on me a year or two ago. And most of the money on me was usually pocket change.

Last edited:
Okay, scratch my earlier comment; Vikavolt is now my favourite bug and Electric Type :D. 145 Special Attack? Gimme gimme! The only downsides are that it is slow as molasses (base 45 speed, a value most mons have at their most basic form) and that it only evolves when leveled in a certain specific location, which you can't access until quite late in the game (unless this game is WAY longer than I think it is).

So this morning I saw a ball of light in the sky and had the following series of thoughts about it:
  1. Wow!! Look at the moon!! The moon is so pretty poking out from behind the fog like that!!
  2. Wait a minute... the moon normally isn't so... textureless, and that's kinda bright for a daytime moon... but, it's way too dim to be the sun, and the edges are too clearly defined... what the fuck am I looking at?
  3. Wow ok it's a lot brighter now. Definitely the sun.
I'm not even making this up. The fog here is so thick that I actually mistook the sun for the moon. ...And the sun was dim enough that it wasn't at all painful to look directly at it. In fact, for quite some time, I wasn't even aware that I was looking directly at the sun. And it wasn't until the fog started to clear that it became recognizable as the sun we're all familiar with.

These are two celestial bodies that should not be so easily confused for each other. What the fuck.

In other news, I find it amusing that this thread came back around to me saying "Sun or moon?? I can't decide..." but in a much more literal sense.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Rithas
So this morning I saw a ball of light in the sky and had the following series of thoughts about it:
  1. Wow!! Look at the moon!! The moon is so pretty poking out from behind the fog like that!!
  2. Wait a minute... the moon normally isn't so... textureless, and that's kinda bright for a daytime moon... but, it's way too dim to be the sun, and the edges are too clearly defined... what the fuck am I looking at?
I'm not even making this up. The fog here is so thick that I actually mistook the sun for the moon. ...And the sun was dim enough that it wasn't at all painful to look directly at it. In fact, for quite some time, I wasn't even aware that I was looking directly at the sun. And it wasn't until the fog started to clear that it became recognizable as the sun we're all familiar with.

These are two celestial bodies that should not be so easily confused for each other. What the fuck.

In other news, I find it amusing that this thread came back around to me saying "Sun or moon?? I can't decide..." but in a much more literal sense.
For a second there, I thought you meant the spiritual kind of ball of light or something XD

You're not alone. On the bus ride up here yesterday afternoon I thought that the moon was out but behind clouds. Then there was a slight break in the clouds and I saw sunlight....

I'm about to spend a grand on something...

*Internally screams*

...Apparently there's not a National Dex in Alola? Dammit, Gamefreak!

...Apparently there's not a National Dex in Alola? Dammit, Gamefreak!
...I have a hard time believing that. There's gotta be a way to keep track of total pokedex completion.

...I have a hard time believing that. There's gotta be a way to keep track of total pokedex completion.
Well, there's still the local Pokédex, which now comes with a nifty percentage tracker built in and grants you the Shiny Charm upon completing it. It's just that there's nothing to track any imported mons not normally available in Alola -- which makes sense, considering there's no way to legally import them anyway until the Bank updates in january. Speaking of which, said update will also add a National Dex Checker to the Bank. So there's that, I guess?

Also, as it turns out people knew about this for about a month now, ever since the demo was released and subsequently datamined into oblivion. That's what I get for actively avoiding the Pokémon side of the internet :P

Reactions: Takumi
An update on things:

@Neobullseye @Rithas

I am currently working with @Minerva to get a post for alt-FE out. If Minerva does not keep me in-the-loop about his progress on this (or any setbacks he runs into), and if I feel like I'm being left waiting again -- I will post for alt-FE myself. It will probably be a very short and to-the-point post, since I feel like I can't really play this character as much as just move him where he needs to be -- but, the RP needs to move forward, and if I have to write a purely functional post in order to do that then I will.

Speaking of taking control of characters for plot reasons: while I don't want to spoil my plans for Cyber-Sherlock, I do want to clarify something, in case anyone was concerned about this: Sherlock's fate in the alternate timeline is not exactly the same as what's going to happen in the main timeline. He still gets turned into a Cyberman in the alt-timeline, but I've got something a bit more interesting planned for the main timeline. I know this seems strange, given that Sherlock was captured before the divergence point (which was not originally the plan, but, it happened), but, trust me, I've thought this through.