• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@Raven
This should be your Avatar :3

Darek_Zabrocki_three_eyed_crow.jpg

"@Name Traitor "...........

Hi, Gwazi....

ALSO, I finally started playing Neko Atsume.

And like... I love creature-collecting games, but, the core mechanic of this game is just... WAITING for cats to show up. And, I mean, I get it -- it makes sense for a mobile game. It makes it easy to just check it every so often as you go about your day.

But like.

I WANT TO COLLECT ALL THE CATS.

And in order to progress through the game and get more fish to buy more items to attract more cats and expand my yard so that I'll have more spaces to plays toys and food and therefore attract more cats... I must first... WAIT, for cats to show up.

*refreshes app madly*

ALSO, I finally started playing Neko Atsume.

And like... I love creature-collecting games, but, the core mechanic of this game is just... WAITING for cats to show up. And, I mean, I get it -- it makes sense for a mobile game. It makes it easy to just check it every so often as you go about your day.

But like.

I WANT TO COLLECT ALL THE CATS.

And in order to progress through the game and get more fish to buy more items to attract more cats and expand my yard so that I'll have more spaces to plays toys and food and therefore attract more cats... I must first... WAIT, for cats to show up.

*refreshes app madly*
i was exactly the same way. i was so impatient for that first hour or half i almost deleted the app. just go do something else. after like an hour you can come back and then the party starts

save up for that expansion. that's when the party REALLY gets started.

>has recently re-become vampire anime trash

>is also trash for white haired anime bois

>BOUGHT VAMPIRE KNIGHT ON DVD BOTH SUB AND DUB BOTH SEASONS ALL IN ONE NICE $20 PACKAGE

>IS CURRENTLY WRITING VAMPIRE ANIME THINGY

>IS REWATCHING DIABOLIK LOVERS

i need a hug (> ~ <)

i was exactly the same way. i was so impatient for that first hour or half i almost deleted the app. just go do something else. after like an hour you can come back and then the party starts

save up for that expansion. that's when the party REALLY gets started.

I mean, I could save up...

But like... I mean... Those micro-transactions are looking mighty attractive at this point...

ALSO. I've already owned this app for a day. The party has already started (and I've already met one of the 'rare cats', two if you count Tubbs).

It's just... Even when cats show up... You have a moment of excitement, and then, more waiting... O_O

THERE. IT HAPPENED.

I DECIDED I WOULD RATHER SPEND TWO DOLLARS THAN COUNTLESS HOURS OF MADENNING CHECKING IN ORDER TO GET THAT YARD EXPANSION.

Now I think I'll be satisfied with the level of kitty attraction... OwO

...Is Neko Atsume really that addicting? :'D

That depends.

Do you love cats?

Do you love collecting things in games?

Are you finding yourself with a lot more free time than you're used to, most likely due to the fact that a watery computer is keeping you away from your usual hobbies?

The more questions that you answered 'yes' to, the more likely you are to find this game incredibly addicting.

*See's what happened*

RELEVANT!!! :D

ALSO, before I feel guilty about buying into microtransactions, I would just like to say:

The art and animation in this game is just so pleasant and satisfying to look at... They even made the cats' buttholes look cute. I imagine most artists in this position would've ignored that completely and said "no, I'm not drawing buttholes on the cats. That's not cute." But this one said "no, you know what? Cats have buttholes. But that doesn't stop them from being completely adorable."

Reactions: AquaTheLita
Cats have buttholes. But that doesn't stop them from being completely adorable
I'm tempted to put this in a "Out of context quotes" thread. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
*finally watches the 1st of the three videos that Gwazi posted*

...Oh! That was surprisingly positive. Neko Atsume's doing everything right on that front, it seems. :D

*watches second vid* :3 Neko Atsume's two for twooo~

The only reason I hesitated to spend money at all is because, like, I've already spent too much money on gaming stuff this summer... And I know how microtransactions can add up. XD

Aaaaaaand let's not forget the fact that I might have to buy a new computer, and, well... I ain't strapping myself down to a PC for the next few years, I can tell you that. >:/

Also!! Speaking of the ways that games get their revenue, you know what else I like about Neko Atsume?

The way they do the ads in the game. They don't have ads that randomly show up and that you have to X out of and that you'll probably accidentally click on in the process -- instead, they just have cats that bring you "brochures", that take you to an ad when you tap them. But you can completely ignore this if you want, and play the game without ever actually seeing an ad. But you almost sort of WANT to click the ads because part of your brain is just like "awww whatcha got there little cat?? You want me to look at an ad?? Awww anything for you little cat!!! :D "

ALSO, assuming at least some of these cats have actual owners and they aren't all just strays... I certainly hope their owners aren't trying to put their cats on a diet or anything, because I've really been spoiling them with the food I've been leaving out.

BUT THEN, I suppose you really can't control what an outdoor cat eats, can you? They'd be eating raw fish whether or not I leave out sushi for them. XD

EDIT: OR MAYBE NOT BECAUSE FISH ARE CURRENCY IN THIS GAME WHICH IS REALLY WEIRD WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

...I finally understand why people complain about the iPhone's battery life. O_O

Up until this point, I had never used mine often enough to notice... XD

Hmm, don't I have one of those portable battery thingies lying around somewhere? I have a feeling I'm gonna need that when Go comes out...

*finally watches the 1st of the three videos that Gwazi posted*

...Oh! That was surprisingly positive.
Surprisingly positive?