• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
im being salty sorry >.>
B4p9uE4CQAET5_M.jpg

>_> What are you talking about?
I was poking fun at how I asked about, and only Neo seemed to answer it, in any fashion. The rest of you went past it as if it was on block or something. :P
The vote hasn't actually happened yet, so it's not like the outcome of it has become news yet.

Regardless, it's not like I haven't been thinking about it, or haven't cared. It's actually been occupying my mind quite a bit lately. It's just that I don't have super-strong feelings on it one way or the other. I sort of see where both sides are coming from and I feel conflicted based on that. Not to mention, I feel like I don't have enough background knowledge on European politics to really sift through all the evidence in the matter. And besides, I don't have a vote in all this anyway, so I'm kind of just waiting it out to see what happens.

I don't really want to comment on something as important as that when I feel like I don't know what I'm talking about. I already kind of feel embarrassed about that Tumblr post that I linked that was so easy to tear apart, and I feel bad about blindly echoing something without really taking a close look at it first, myself. >_>
Yea that's fair.
Simplified version: Imagine (the population of) a single state -- not even a large chunk of them together, but a single one -- thinking it can...
A: Secede from the US without any major consequences in terms of trade, priviliges and whatnot.
B: Survive in the current world all on its own and be able to negotiate with, say, China (and the rest of the US) on equal footing instead of being utterly crushed.

Even the mere possiblity of this secession actually going through is causing the stocks (as in banking) to bounce all over the place, and not in a positive fashion either. Yet still people think that all of this would be positive for the local economy...

EDIt: Oh, and when you point this out to them? Then suddenly it's not about the money anymore and you talking about money proves that the EU is only for the elite to gain more money at the cost of the commonfolk, which is why 'we' have to get out of it ASAP. So yeah... They can't even get their reasonings straight >_>
Depending on how interest you are in the debate going on, there was a recent video about two well known YouTubers debating it.

As for me personally? I'm leaning towards Stay right now.
Leave simply seems to be 'hoping' it will be better, which leaves a ton to chance. As well as arguing it will be better "In the long term".
But if we're playing the Long-Term game, EU wins that even when you look at stuff like Mars Colonisation and Humanity becoming a multi-planetary species.

So did I ever tell you guys about how, when I was buying PS2 games and accessories online, I found a site that was selling Bubsy 3D for like $15?

That's the same amount of money I spent on Katamari Damacy -- from the same site.

Katamari Damacy

Bubsy 3D

These two games should not cost the same amount of money.

Although if I ever saw Bubsy 3D at a price that it deserves to be -- you know like $3 or something -- I honestly probably would buy it. And then I would try to convince the nerd club to play it on game night. Just to share the horror with them.

So did I ever tell you guys about how, when I was buying PS2 games and accessories online, I found a site that was selling Bubsy 3D for like $15?

That's the same amount of money I spent on Katamari Damacy -- from the same site.

Katamari Damacy

Bubsy 3D

These two games should not cost the same amount of money.

Although if I ever saw Bubsy 3D at a price that it deserves to be -- you know like $3 or something -- I honestly probably would buy it. And then I would try to convince the nerd club to play it on game night. Just to share the horror with them.
They should be paying you to buy it, tbh.

Reactions: Kagayours
They should be paying you to buy it, tbh.
On the topic of Bubsy 3D...
Bubsy_3D.png

See that message in the top right? If the resolution/contrast/whatever is too bad for you to read it, it says "[...] stunning [...] original [...] Bubsy 3D climbs back to the top [...] check it out!", courtesy of EGM, which most people would assume to be short for Electronic Games Montly. The thing is, the actual EGM gave this game a very negative review, slapping it with a 3.25 out of 10. Which raises the question: how in the names of the Seven Kittens of Joy did they manage to cherrypick and quotemine the aforementioned positive 'review' out of said very negative one? XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
On the topic of Bubsy 3D...
Bubsy_3D.png

See that message in the top right? If the resolution/contrast/whatever is too bad for you to read it, it says "[...] stunning [...] original [...] Bubsy 3D climbs back to the top [...] check it out!", courtesy of EGM, which most people would assume to be short for Electronic Games Montly. The thing is, the actual EGM gave this game a very negative review, slapping it with a 3.25 out of 10. Which raises the question: how in the names of the Seven Kittens of Joy did they manage to cherrypick and quotemine the aforementioned positive 'review' out of said very negative one? XD
Well... at least it's a real review. Or at least, I hope it's a real review.

Can't say the same for the 'Gold X' award and the quote that follows it, all of which was completely made up. :P

Well... at least it's a real review. Or at least, I hope it's a real review.

Can't say the same for the 'Gold X' award and the quote that follows it, all of which was completely made up. :P
Actually, I think that one WAS real. It's just that it was from a really unpopular magazine, which led to the rumor that it was fake. Meh, there will always be people with... 'different' tastes, right? *CoughMasochistsCough*

Actually, I think that one WAS real. It's just that it was from a really unpopular magazine, which led to the rumor that it was fake. Meh, there will always be people with... 'different' tastes, right? *CoughMasochistsCough*
...Huh. I learned something new today.

That's actually correct.

!! ALSO!!

@Neobullseye @AquaTheLita @Minerva @Gwazi Magnum

Remember when I said I should give the Screaming Group something to do? ...Did anyone have any plans or desires for what to do with those characters? I only ask because I'm feeling a little bit stuck, myself. >_>

I had at one point planned to bring in some Council NPC's, but, eh -- I've noticed that I've fallen behind in posts recently, too (partially due to Altera, but, meh...), and I'm not sure I'd have the brainpower to keep up with a pair of newly-introduced characters, even if they are only NPC's. ...I'm also not sure where I'd take that interaction at all, now that I think about it.

And also, I realized upon trying to tag everyone in that group, that, despite how large the group appears to be, there's really only four people in it, with most of you playing two characters each in that group alone... just... thought that would be worth bringing up. Not sure what to make of it, but, yeah...

!! ALSO!!

@Neobullseye @AquaTheLita @Minerva @Gwazi Magnum

Remember when I said I should give the Screaming Group something to do? ...Did anyone have any plans or desires for what to do with those characters? I only ask because I'm feeling a little bit stuck, myself. >_>

I had at one point planned to bring in some Council NPC's, but, eh -- I've noticed that I've fallen behind in posts recently, too (partially due to Altera, but, meh...), and I'm not sure I'd have the brainpower to keep up with a pair of newly-introduced characters, even if they are only NPC's. ...I'm also not sure where I'd take that interaction at all, now that I think about it.

And also, I realized upon trying to tag everyone in that group, that, despite how large the group appears to be, there's really only four people in it, with most of you playing two characters each in that group alone... just... thought that would be worth bringing up. Not sure what to make of it, but, yeah...
I think the best thing to do would be to find a way to split the group up into two or even three parts. There's even a decent IC excuse; namely, the whole thing with Exdeath, whose location is still unknown to this group. Of course, that still leaves the question of what said two new groups would do next, seeing as making them actually reach Exdeath's Tower would only complicate the problem.

ALSO,

on a completely different topic,

I remember when Pokemon X and Y first came out, and people kept telling me that Missingno was in that game. And I didn't believe them.

FullSizeRender_16.jpg

...Well then.

(And, yeah, I know this cell phone photo looks kind of sketchy, but, trust me, on my actual 3DS screen, it looks a lot more clearly defined, and it's hard to mistake it for anything else.)

I think the best thing to do would be to find a way to split the group up into two or even three parts. There's even a decent IC excuse; namely, the whole thing with Exdeath, whose location is still unknown to this group. Of course, that still leaves the question of what said two new groups would do next, seeing as making them actually reach Exdeath's Tower would only complicate the problem.
Yeah -- that's a good place to start, though. We should probably just make sure that each group has something to do upon splitting up, and that that thing isn't just finding Exdeath's tower right off the bat...

Yeah -- that's a good place to start, though. We should probably just make sure that each group has something to do upon splitting up, and that that thing isn't just finding Exdeath's tower right off the bat...

We could have one group investigate the Crash Site. One group investigate like, a city park or something, and one group brush off the Giant tower that's forming and go somewhere else.

Also, I wanted to say: I'm going to be at a camp next week, so my activity will be somewhat stunted. Granted, it's a TECH Camp where all of our breaks involve playing Smash, Computer, or watching Anime, so I'll still have computer access, but it'll be stunted.

ALSO,

on a completely different topic,

I remember when Pokemon X and Y first came out, and people kept telling me that Missingno was in that game. And I didn't believe them.

FullSizeRender_16.jpg

...Well then.

(And, yeah, I know this cell phone photo looks kind of sketchy, but, trust me, on my actual 3DS screen, it looks a lot more clearly defined, and it's hard to mistake it for anything else.)
That's not Missingno. I mean, the shape is roughly the same, but the proportions are a bit off. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

1940cjs4q8ahzpng.png

(Yes, I know that that's actually M, but they use the same garbley graphics, so meh.)
Notice the missing chunk in Missingno's sprite? That's exactly 1/3rd of its width, and 3/7th of its height. Now look at the glitchy thing on the right: the hole is about 1/5th to 1/6th over 3/8th or so, quite a lot smaller. And yes, I actualy measured it. I may or may note have internet OCD for things like this :P
I mean, it may be an easter egg, but I'd just chalk it up to a coincidence.

We could have one group investigate the Crash Site. One group investigate like, a city park or something, and one group brush off the Giant tower that's forming and go somewhere else.
Mmm. If one group goes back towards the crash site, then that would actually give me a good opportunity to introduce the NPC's I was thinking of...

Also, I wanted to say: I'm going to be at a camp next week, so my activity will be somewhat stunted. Granted, it's a TECH Camp where all of our breaks involve playing Smash, Computer, or watching Anime, so I'll still have computer access, but it'll be stunted.
Noted.

That's not Missingno. I mean, the shape is roughly the same, but the proportions are a bit off. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

1940cjs4q8ahzpng.png

(Yes, I know that that's actually M, but they use the same garbley graphics, so meh.)
Notice the missing chunk in Missingno's sprite? That's exactly 1/3rd of its width, and 3/7th of its height. Now look at the glitchy thing on the right: the hole is about 1/5th to 1/6th over 3/8th or so, quite a lot smaller. And yes, I actualy measured it. I may or may note have internet OCD for things like this :P
I mean, it may be an easter egg, but I'd just chalk it up to a coincidence.
I meeeaan... yeah, ok, the proportions aren't exactly the same, but the shape is still recognizable.

I refuse to believe that what we're seeing in X and Y is purely a glitch. It just looks too clean, and aligns too well with the player's line of sight. Not only that, but, it seems weird that this one graphical glitch would exist in this one location despite nothing else like it existing in the game -- and even weirder that it hasn't been patched yet, assuming it is a glitch. Let's not forget the vast technological differences between Gen I and Gen VI -- a true glitch bearing any resemblance to Missingno is almost impossible to imagine in this game, just given the way the 3D graphics work. >_>

And the only other explanation is that it's supposed to be an Easter egg. And if it's not supposed to be Missingno, then... what? O_o

Hell, it's entirely possible they altered the proportions on purpose in order for it to fit better into the doorway while still maintaining its recognizable shape -- especially since, depending on where you stand, it's very easy for the top of the shape to be cut off in the door frame (like in the picture I took). Regardless, I just don't think the proportions really need to be exactly the same in order to count as being a reference to Missingno. >_>

Still, the very thought of a Missingno Easter egg is still bizarre, especially given how rare it is that Nintendo even acknowledges Missingno's existence. But, I'm still calling it Missingno, if only for the fact that I just don't see any other explanation. :P

It's not missingno but just an extra slice of pizza.

Reactions: AquaTheLita
Welp, Brexit is a fact now. The initial results are... predictable
5IkDh5P.png

That's the exchange rate for the Great British Pound towards the US Dollar, AKA, how much Buck will you get for your Pound. Other stocks all across Europe (the world even) and especially in GB and countries that trade a lot with them (like the Netherlands) all show a similiar nosedive. But nooo, it wouldn't have any negative effects whatsoever! >_<

Welp, Brexit is a fact now. The initial results are... predictable
5IkDh5P.png

That's the exchange rate for the Great British Pound towards the US Dollar, AKA, how much Buck will you get for your Pound. Other stocks all across Europe (the world even) and especially in GB and countries that trade a lot with them (like the Netherlands) all show a similiar nosedive. But nooo, it wouldn't have any negative effects whatsoever! >_<
Damn that dropped fast. o_o

On related notes:

In Scotland, the majority of people voted for remain in literally every subregion, scoring the highest Remain rate with 62% of all voters. They really, really don't like being taken out of the EU against their will, and are already calling for another referendum for independence, likely hoping to be able to join the EU in their own right. Last time an referendom for independence was held, a small majority voted in favour of staying in the UK, likely because the UK was part of the EU and an independent Scotland wouldn't instantly become a member. With that limiter gone, a new referendum could very likely end up in Scotland splitting off.

Meanwhile in Northern Ireland, things get a bit more messy. Again the majority of people voted for remain, but the camps are even more rigidly split here; Catholics mass-voted for remain, while the Protestants mass-voted for a Brexit. These two groups have been at each others' throats for decades, only living in relative peace since about the last century with a lot of help from the UK. Already Nationalist parties are stating that GB no longer has any say over the area of Northern Ireland, instead wanting independence/unification with the 'main' Ireland. Things could get very, very messy over there...

In short, the United Kingdom might not be so united anymore for much longer.