• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
So... I know we often end up talking about elections and other political issues here so I have to ask.

Opinions on Brexit?

Funny thing, Kaga. We actually had something like that happen here too. Thunder and lightning, but no rain:
We had some pretty interesting weather once too. Looking through the front windows of the house, it was obvious that it was raining. If you were to look through the back windows, however, you would see a perfectly sunny day...

We had some pretty interesting weather once too. Looking through the front windows of the house, it was obvious that it was raining. If you were to look through the back windows, however, you would see a perfectly sunny day...
That's normal for this area too.

So... I know we often end up talking about elections and other political issues here so I have to ask.

Opinions on Brexit?
Foolishness. Except for the US and arguably China, no single nation can survive in the modern world's economy (and arguably the US isn't even a single nation, considering all the differences in between laws, culture and whatnot). I could write an entire essay about it, but I don't know if that would be appreciated seeing as I'm at work right now :P

@AquaTheLita Speaking of which, I have some thoughts to share on DHMIS 6 later, especially regarding the ending.

In other news, I'm going to be making small changes to DHM's appearance in response to the new episode. But not here. And not right away. Just on my Facebook page. I'm waiting a week to see how the fans react to the episode before deciding what changes in appearance I should add. I might make their wing patterns have stars on them because of the Lamp, and maybe a paperclip in their hair or on their coat. We shall see.

I'll post the final drawing here, but like I said I'm not changing their appearance here. At least not yet.

Recent News: Everyone (other than Neo) cared more for DHMIS 6 than a giant European moment. :P

Recent News: Everyone (other than Neo) cared more for DHMIS 6 than a giant European moment. :P
well excuse us americans for not knowing what you're talking about and therefore not being able to care or sympathize with it.

im being salty sorry >.>

>_> What are you talking about? The vote hasn't actually happened yet, so it's not like the outcome of it has become news yet.

Regardless, it's not like I haven't been thinking about it, or haven't cared. It's actually been occupying my mind quite a bit lately. It's just that I don't have super-strong feelings on it one way or the other. I sort of see where both sides are coming from and I feel conflicted based on that. Not to mention, I feel like I don't have enough background knowledge on European politics to really sift through all the evidence in the matter. And besides, I don't have a vote in all this anyway, so I'm kind of just waiting it out to see what happens.

I don't really want to comment on something as important as that when I feel like I don't know what I'm talking about. I already kind of feel embarrassed about that Tumblr post that I linked that was so easy to tear apart, and I feel bad about blindly echoing something without really taking a close look at it first, myself. >_>

DHMIS THEORIES, ON THE OTHER HAND? Completely harmless. I couldn't care less whether or not people agree with what I have to say. The worst that could happen is that I look mildly unobservant for missing some detail that contradicts what I'm going for. Also, I'm not blindly echoing rhetoric that could impact a major world event without knowing what the hell I'm even saying. Because it's just a webseries. A webseries that's now over, for fucks sake. >_>

Not to mention, people have been waiting for DHMIS 6 for quite a while. I haven't even heard about Brexit until recently. Of course I'm going to react more strongly to one than the other.

Just because I'm not always posting about something doesn't mean I don't care at all.

Last edited:
Funny thing, Kaga. We actually had something like that happen here too. Thunder and lightning, but no rain:
I mean, thunder and lightning without rain is one thing. But just plain lightning without the sound it's supposed to make is a bit more bizarre...

In any case, someone ought to call Fleetwood Mac and tell them they were wrong about thunder.

well excuse us americans for not knowing what you're talking about and therefore not being able to care or sympathize with it.

im being salty sorry >.>
Simplified version: Imagine (the population of) a single state -- not even a large chunk of them together, but a single one -- thinking it can...
A: Secede from the US without any major consequences in terms of trade, priviliges and whatnot.
B: Survive in the current world all on its own and be able to negotiate with, say, China (and the rest of the US) on equal footing instead of being utterly crushed.

Even the mere possiblity of this secession actually going through is causing the stocks (as in banking) to bounce all over the place, and not in a positive fashion either. Yet still people think that all of this would be positive for the local economy...

EDIt: Oh, and when you point this out to them? Then suddenly it's not about the money anymore and you talking about money proves that the EU is only for the elite to gain more money at the cost of the commonfolk, which is why 'we' have to get out of it ASAP. So yeah... They can't even get their reasonings straight >_>

Last edited:
Simplified version: Imagine (the population of) a single state -- not even a large chunk of them together, but a single one -- thinking it can...
A: Secede from the US without any major consequences in terms of trade, priviliges and whatnot.
B: Survive in the current world all on its own and be able to negotiate with, say, China (and the rest of the US) on equal footing instead of being utterly crushed.

Even the mere possiblity of this secession actually going through is causing the stocks (as in banking) to bounce all over the place, and not in a positive fashion either. Yet still people think that all of this would be positive for the local economy...

EDIt: Oh, and when you point this out to them? Then suddenly it's not about the money anymore and you talking about money proves that the EU is only for the elite to gain more money at the cost of the commonfolk, which is why 'we' have to get out of it ASAP. So yeah... They can't even get their reasonings straight >_>
>loud sigh<

>smh @ the idiots<

I heard about this from some of my british friends but I didn't know that the issue had a name. Which is why I didn't really care when you both mentioned "Brexit"

Also, I have to say that I absolutely love Wizard101's Turn-based mindset XD.

Reactions: AquaTheLita
SO ANYWAY @AquaTheLita

The first thing I want to talk about is the ending. At first glance, this would just appear to be the cycle starting all over again. Everything has reset and we've gone back to DHMIS 1, so that everything can happen just like it did before. But, take a close look at the colors that all of the characters changed into. I've seen some theorists point out that these aren't just random color swaps -- they all turned into the colors that they said were their favorite colors way back in the first DHMIS. And not only did the colors of the characters change, but so did the color of the walls and door of the room, which are all green, the same color that the old universe would've shunned for being "uncreative". And, lastly, the calendar finally changes from June 19th to June 20th. It's possible that this represents the shift from one generation to the next, and the media improving and changing its ways so that this next generation can have a more positive media experience than the last, with these kids truly being encouraged to be themselves.

Of course, that raises the question of why the notebook came back. Well, I have two theories about this:
  1. This notebook will behave completely differently than the last, and actually encourage real creativity. We didn't hear more than the first line of her song, so it's possible that things could play out differently this time. That being said, if this notebook is supposed to be different, then it would be strange for her to start out her song exactly the same as the last one, which brings me to the second possibility:
  2. This notebook is still essentially the same as the old one, and represents the threat of the media returning to what it once was. Even when media improves, it will never be perfect, and you'll still have some shows echoing the same brainwashing as that of the last generation. But, notice how this notebook is cross-eyed -- I think this suggests that her influence isn't as strong as it used to be, and it's possible she won't be taken quite as seriously and won't be able to corrupt the puppets this time.
I also want to talk about the Red Guy -- and this other world that he's in after he escapes the world of the teachers. I think this represents him -- and any kid, really -- growing up, but then wanting to be a kid again. Red Guy always seemed to be the oldest and most mature of the three, and always the least willing to hop on board with the teachers' shenanigans -- perhaps because he didn't have the same child-like innocence as the other two -- and, in the 4th episode, he was fed up from the very beginning, and eventually left the show completely, thus outgrowing the sorts of shows that he grew up with and that he used to tolerate.

So then he's in the normal adult world. Everyone around him is bland, boring, and essentially exactly the same. They turned out exactly how these shows conditioned them to be. But the Red Guy -- er, our Red Guy doesn't like this. He talks about how funny it would be if the file came to life and started singing -- he's reminiscing about the whimsy of his childhood and wanting to go back to it. He doesn't like this boring world. And then we hear the other Red Guy say "that sounds really boring" -- the same line that our Red Guy originally said in the 1st episode. I think this represents Red Guy wanting to grow up too quickly in the past, and now regretting it. He used to think that the kids' stuff from his past was 'boring'. He wanted to get away from it all. And now he has, but he doesn't like it. And I think the other Red Guy echoing that line back to him is when he fully realizes his mistake -- he was in a hurry to grow up, and he regrets not appreciating his childhood.

So then we have the bar scene, when our Red Guy gets on stage and sings the song from the 1st episode. He's trying to re-live his childhood and share that with others, but the adult world just isn't having it. Perhaps this is commentary on how adults enjoying kid things is often seen as weird at best and just plain sad at worst. It's like adults aren't allowed to have fun the way they did as kids.

So then Red Guy finds the machine that controls what the Yellow Guy is seeing. I think this represents the Red Guy getting involved in the world of media as an adult. He wants to create children's media. I think the biggest piece of evidence for this is when one of the teachers becomes a file, just like the Red Guy was talking about before. The problem is, he doesn't know how to create good media. He does a lot of cycling through old teachers, because he isn't able to create much of anything new -- he's just repeating what he already knows.

And then there's Roy. Now, having seen this episode and heard a few other people's thoughts on it, I actually don't think Roy's a bad guy. First of all, look at how slowly he approached Red Guy after grabbing his shoulder. If he really wanted to stop Red Guy from messing with the machine, wouldn't he have moved faster? Now, you could argue that his slow approach was merely for dramatic effect, but, the point remains, Roy didn't seem to make any attempt at stopping Red Guy from doing what he was doing. He didn't even try to stop Red Guy from pulling the plug on the machine, which I'll get back to later.

So then Red Guy stops and looks at the screen, and sees Yellow Guy being tormented. Perhaps Roy was just trying to show Red Guy what he was doing. After all, I sincerely doubt Red Guy wanted to torture his old friend. I think he was just trying his best, and didn't realize the damage he was doing until he really took a close look at what was happening.

And then Red Guy goes and pulls the plug. Like I said, not only did Roy not try to stop him from doing this, but, perhaps, in making him pause and see what he was doing, he was actually encouraging Red Guy to do it. And I think pulling the plug represents putting an end to the old media and, as we see in the final clip, creating a new generation of media -- a better generation.

Of course, all this raises the question of who the hell Roy was supposed to be, if not a bad guy. Well, maybe he was in a similar position as Red Guy -- he wanted to make media better, but didn't know how. Perhaps he was scarred by this bad media as a kid, and could only repeat what he already knew, thus passing these teachers on to the next generation. Maybe he sincerely wanted to do better for his son (and the other puppets), but didn't know how.

A few other miscellaneous things to point out:

I've noticed that, the more the puppets try to resist during a given episode, the quicker things turn bad. In the first three episodes, the puppets didn't really question what they were being told (although, in the 3rd one in particular, I think that largely had to do with the fact that it revolved around the Yellow Guy, who was always the most naive of the three), and so, aside from a few small details here and there, things didn't really start to get bad until towards the end. In the 4th one, however, the Red Guy seemed pretty fed up with everything from the beginning, and his resisting made things worse. In particular, the part where he told the computer to shut up and then smacked the keyboard resulted in a real quick transition from relative mundaneness to 'holy shit' territory. Then in the 5th one, we saw both the Bird Guy questioning things and the Red Guy trying to contact him through the phone, and, in both cases, it was always when one of those two things interrupted the song that things got weirder. And then finally, in the last one, the Yellow Guy wants nothing to do with the newest teacher right from the beginning, which is why the song pretty much immediately turns into a nightmare (both literally and figuratively). I've also noticed that the songs seemed to become less coherent, less enjoyable, and more repetitive towards the end of the series. The 4th one, in my opinion, was the last good song of the series, and even that one did admittedly get very repetitive towards the end. The 5th one not only had the repetitive "X turns your teeth gray" thing going on but it also kept contradicting itself in terms of which foods were 'good' or 'bad' for you. And then the last one had that droning, repetitive, "You can have a dream about XYZ, and you can have a dream about..." etc. And with the constant interruptions with the scene-switching, the 6th had the least of any song to speak of. Perhaps this also has to do with the way the puppets are resisting faster and faster.

Also, we see the Yellow Guy drowning in oil twice in this episode (both in the cartoon segment and in his bed), and perhaps this is a callback to his painting being destroyed with oil in the 1st episode. Maybe this implies that he's drowning in the media's brainwashing -- unable to be himself and constantly bogged down with what he's being conditioned to be.

I also found it really interesting how the Yellow Guy spoke up with "you made me die" when we see Tony return. If you remember how the song from the 2nd one goes, you'll realize that Yellow Guy says this precisely at the point where he originally said "an old man died" in that episode. I'd seen a lot of theories point out that the old man was actually supposed to be an older version of Yellow Guy, and perhaps this line confirms it. Still, I find it really interesting that the Yellow Guy himself would notice this and point it out. Perhaps this represents him becoming less innocent and more aware of what's going on -- while he previously didn't think much about the old man's death, now he's realizing who that old man was and what that all represents.

Lastly, the cartoon segment -- the animation style really stood out to me as being very... familiar for some reason. The first thing that came to mind when I thought about where I'd seen that style of animation before was Family Guy, but, now that I think about it, the animation reminds me of a lot of other things, actually. Not only does it look a lot like every cartoon that's trying to be Family Guy -- whether or not it's an official spin-off of it -- but it also sort of reminds me of Sanjay & Craig, and even looks vaguely like Adventure Time or even a poor man's Gravity Falls. It just sort of reflects a very common animation style in this day and age. Perhaps it's a comment on how homogenized a lot of things in the media are and how a lot of content creators just want to produce more of the same, instead of trying new things.

And, uh... I think that's everything. O_O

My responses may be a bit jumbled. I responded here and there in one continuous post, then cut-and-paste my responses in the spots they were responding to, so things may be out of order now.
SO ANYWAY @AquaTheLita

The first thing I want to talk about is the ending. At first glance, this would just appear to be the cycle starting all over again. Everything has reset and we've gone back to DHMIS 1, so that everything can happen just like it did before. But, take a close look at the colors that all of the characters changed into. I've seen some theorists point out that these aren't just random color swaps -- they all turned into the colors that they said were their favorite colors way back in the first DHMIS. And not only did the colors of the characters change, but so did the color of the walls and door of the room, which are all green, the same color that the old universe would've shunned for being "uncreative". And, lastly, the calendar finally changes from June 19th to June 20th. It's possible that this represents the shift from one generation to the next, and the media improving and changing its ways so that this next generation can have a more positive media experience than the last, with these kids truly being encouraged to be themselves.
I did not notice that the walls are green....
Of course, that raises the question of why the notebook came back. Well, I have two theories about this:
  1. This notebook will behave completely differently than the last, and actually encourage real creativity. We didn't hear more than the first line of her song, so it's possible that things could play out differently this time. That being said, if this notebook is supposed to be different, then it would be strange for her to start out her song exactly the same as the last one, which brings me to the second possibility:
  2. This notebook is still essentially the same as the old one, and represents the threat of the media returning to what it once was. Even when media improves, it will never be perfect, and you'll still have some shows echoing the same brainwashing as that of the last generation. But, notice how this notebook is cross-eyed -- I think this suggests that her influence isn't as strong as it used to be, and it's possible she won't be taken quite as seriously and won't be able to corrupt the puppets this time.
Honestly, sketchbook most obviously seems to be there simply because it's supposed to be a recreation of the first episode. Rather than the SKETCHBOOK representing what you said, it would be that whole scene representing what you said. They do the same thing, but make it look different. OR they're trying something new but making it look similar.
I also want to talk about the Red Guy -- and this other world that he's in after he escapes the world of the teachers. I think this represents him -- and any kid, really -- growing up, but then wanting to be a kid again. Red Guy always seemed to be the oldest and most mature of the three, and always the least willing to hop on board with the teachers' shenanigans -- perhaps because he didn't have the same child-like innocence as the other two -- and, in the 4th episode, he was fed up from the very beginning, and eventually left the show completely, thus outgrowing the sorts of shows that he grew up with and that he used to tolerate.

So then he's in the normal adult world. Everyone around him is bland, boring, and essentially exactly the same. They turned out exactly how these shows conditioned them to be. But the Red Guy -- er, our Red Guy doesn't like this. He talks about how funny it would be if the file came to life and started singing -- he's reminiscing about the whimsy of his childhood and wanting to go back to it. He doesn't like this boring world. And then we hear the other Red Guy say "that sounds really boring" -- the same line that our Red Guy originally said in the 1st episode. I think this represents Red Guy wanting to grow up too quickly in the past, and now regretting it. He used to think that the kids' stuff from his past was 'boring'. He wanted to get away from it all. And now he has, but he doesn't like it. And I think the other Red Guy echoing that line back to him is when he fully realizes his mistake -- he was in a hurry to grow up, and he regrets not appreciating his childhood.

So then we have the bar scene, when our Red Guy gets on stage and sings the song from the 1st episode. He's trying to re-live his childhood and share that with others, but the adult world just isn't having it. Perhaps this is commentary on how adults enjoying kid things is often seen as weird at best and just plain sad at worst. It's like adults aren't allowed to have fun the way they did as kids.
I did pick up on Red Guy wanting to be a kid again. He left the world the teachers were trying to create for him by growing up, realizing how shitty the world actually is now, and tried to go back to being a child. But of course that's not accepted in the "Real" and "Adult" world.....
So then Red Guy finds the machine that controls what the Yellow Guy is seeing. I think this represents the Red Guy getting involved in the world of media as an adult. He wants to create children's media. I think the biggest piece of evidence for this is when one of the teachers becomes a file, just like the Red Guy was talking about before. The problem is, he doesn't know how to create good media. He does a lot of cycling through old teachers, because he isn't able to create much of anything new -- he's just repeating what he already knows.
I saw a theory somewhere explaining this bit. Similarly to what you said, he is now part of the adult world which is creating the content he used to be subjected to and is still being given to children. He knows what he should be doing, but not how to do it. And when he realizes that what he wants to create is limited to what he is given, he panicks and is unable to create what he truly wants to create, something informative but not false or damaging to kids, which is what he was given.
And then there's Roy. Now, having seen this episode and heard a few other people's thoughts on it, I actually don't think Roy's a bad guy. First of all, look at how slowly he approached Red Guy after grabbing his shoulder. If he really wanted to stop Red Guy from messing with the machine, wouldn't he have moved faster? Now, you could argue that his slow approach was merely for dramatic effect, but, the point remains, Roy didn't seem to make any attempt at stopping Red Guy from doing what he was doing. He didn't even try to stop Red Guy from pulling the plug on the machine, which I'll get back to later.

So then Red Guy stops and looks at the screen, and sees Yellow Guy being tormented. Perhaps Roy was just trying to show Red Guy what he was doing. After all, I sincerely doubt Red Guy wanted to torture his old friend. I think he was just trying his best, and didn't realize the damage he was doing until he really took a close look at what was happening.

And then Red Guy goes and pulls the plug. Like I said, not only did Roy not try to stop him from doing this, but, perhaps, in making him pause and see what he was doing, he was actually encouraging Red Guy to do it. And I think pulling the plug represents putting an end to the old media and, as we see in the final clip, creating a new generation of media -- a better generation.

Of course, all this raises the question of who the hell Roy was supposed to be, if not a bad guy. Well, maybe he was in a similar position as Red Guy -- he wanted to make media better, but didn't know how. Perhaps he was scarred by this bad media as a kid, and could only repeat what he already knew, thus passing these teachers on to the next generation. Maybe he sincerely wanted to do better for his son (and the other puppets), but didn't know how.
I still think that Roy is a "Bad guy". I think he represents the executives trying to control everything, always in the background watching, and behind the scenes controling everything. Kinda like what Too Many Cooks was getting at, that the executives are trying to control everything the creator does and in turn what the audience is seeing.

Something I thought of off the top of my head. Roy didn't appear until episode 2. Episode 1 was about creativity. This is the first and only instance we see in which all 3 puppets have their way and truly do what they want. They are creative in their own way. But at the end of the episode everything is back to the way it was before they started getting creative, and the sketchpad says "now let's all agree to never be creative again". Roy appears in the next episode, and every episode after that. This could be symbolic of the creator trying to do what they want, but the executives stepping in and saying "no don't do that ever again. do this from now on." The reason why Roy didn't do anything to stop Red Guy from pulling the plug at the end is because Roy had nothing to lose from this.
A few other miscellaneous things to point out:

I've noticed that, the more the puppets try to resist during a given episode, the quicker things turn bad. In the first three episodes, the puppets didn't really question what they were being told (although, in the 3rd one in particular, I think that largely had to do with the fact that it revolved around the Yellow Guy, who was always the most naive of the three), and so, aside from a few small details here and there, things didn't really start to get bad until towards the end. In the 4th one, however, the Red Guy seemed pretty fed up with everything from the beginning, and his resisting made things worse. In particular, the part where he told the computer to shut up and then smacked the keyboard resulted in a real quick transition from relative mundaneness to 'holy shit' territory. Then in the 5th one, we saw both the Bird Guy questioning things and the Red Guy trying to contact him through the phone, and, in both cases, it was always when one of those two things interrupted the song that things got weirder. And then finally, in the last one, the Yellow Guy wants nothing to do with the newest teacher right from the beginning, which is why the song pretty much immediately turns into a nightmare (both literally and figuratively). I've also noticed that the songs seemed to become less coherent, less enjoyable, and more repetitive towards the end of the series. The 4th one, in my opinion, was the last good song of the series, and even that one did admittedly get very repetitive towards the end. The 5th one not only had the repetitive "X turns your teeth gray" thing going on but it also kept contradicting itself in terms of which foods were 'good' or 'bad' for you. And then the last one had that droning, repetitive, "You can have a dream about XYZ, and you can have a dream about..." etc. And with the constant interruptions with the scene-switching, the 6th had the least of any song to speak of. Perhaps this also has to do with the way the puppets are resisting faster and faster.
it's definitely because the puppets are becoming more aware and are fighting back much earlier on. The last three are when they started noticing something wrong. With Red guy it was towards the middle. With Birdman it was in the middle of the first half. With Yellow Guy it was at the very beginning. The teachers are getting more desperate to teach their lessons since the puppets are becoming more aware and resistant to being taught, which is why the songs/lessons are so messy and contradictory.
Also, we see the Yellow Guy drowning in oil twice in this episode (both in the cartoon segment and in his bed), and perhaps this is a callback to his painting being destroyed with oil in the 1st episode. Maybe this implies that he's drowning in the media's brainwashing -- unable to be himself and constantly bogged down with what he's being conditioned to be.

I also found it really interesting how the Yellow Guy spoke up with "you made me die" when we see Tony return. If you remember how the song from the 2nd one goes, you'll realize that Yellow Guy says this precisely at the point where he originally said "an old man died" in that episode. I'd seen a lot of theories point out that the old man was actually supposed to be an older version of Yellow Guy, and perhaps this line confirms it.

Still, I find it really interesting that the Yellow Guy himself would notice this and point it out. Perhaps this represents him becoming less innocent and more aware of what's going on -- while he previously didn't think much about the old man's death, now he's realizing who that old man was and what that all represents.
It didn't even click for me that the drowning in oil was referencing how his painting was ruined by oil. But I did notice that "You made me die" lined up with "an old man died". At first I didn't know what that was other than just a reference....but I suppose your explanation makes sense.
Lastly, the cartoon segment -- the animation style really stood out to me as being very... familiar for some reason. The first thing that came to mind when I thought about where I'd seen that style of animation before was Family Guy, but, now that I think about it, the animation reminds me of a lot of other things, actually. Not only does it look a lot like every cartoon that's trying to be Family Guy -- whether or not it's an official spin-off of it -- but it also sort of reminds me of Sanjay & Craig, and even looks vaguely like Adventure Time or even a poor man's Gravity Falls. It just sort of reflects a very common animation style in this day and age. Perhaps it's a comment on how homogenized a lot of things in the media are and how a lot of content creators just want to produce more of the same, instead of trying new things.
The animation style....I don't think it really has to do with anything. I think it's just another version of reality, through which the teachers are trying to explain their topics. Kinda like how in the first episode they are learning how the teacher wants them to be creative, and they seem to go into a weird digital-looking style while they grow up. Or the animation in the 2nd video when Tony is teaching them about the old days. Or the story of michael. Or the digital world in the 4th. Nothing much for the 5th i can think of because that wasn't exactly a perception of reality, that WAS reality. And obviously in the 6th it was the weird dream sequences. So I think it's more of the way they show that this is the teacher's "Reality" that they're trying to teach the puppets, rather than a reference to the cartoon style of art in particular.
And, uh... I think that's everything. O_O
And that's everything from me, as well.

The reason why Roy didn't do anything to stop Red Guy from pulling the plug at the end is because Roy had nothing to lose from this.
@_@ Yes he did. If he's supposed to be studio execs running everything, then Red Guy pulling the plug would be the end of what he's trying to maintain -- throwing him out (along with the old way of doing things) and replacing him with something new.

@_@ Yes he did. If he's supposed to be studio execs running everything, then Red Guy pulling the plug would be the end of what he's trying to maintain -- throwing him out (along with the old way of doing things) and replacing him with something new.
..........I knew I forgot something.

What I was going to say before I stupidly cut myself off by rearranging things, is that he had nothing to lose because he could easily just replace the content that Red Guy tried to provide with something else. By pulling the plug on that, Red Guy opened up a space for something else, which would be the newer puppets.