• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I wanted to say that I'll try and get a post out for T-M soon, since I owe a post.

Reactions: Kagayours
WAIT! @Gwazi Magnum! I'VE GOT IT! I KNOW HOW TO GET REUSABLE TM'S IN GEN I!

vVEO8TV.png

owo Just put the TM of your choice in the 6th slot down in your inventory, and this little cutie will take care of the rest...~

I don't wanna farm glitches though. ;A;

I don't wanna farm glitches though. ;A;
Why not? It's not like anything bad will happen... :P

Seriously though, the only glitchy effects that happen from merely encountering Missingno (and not trying to catch it or anything) are item duplication, and a corrupted Hall of Fame list -- if you even have a Hall of Fame list to begin with (which you wouldn't if you hadn't beaten the Elite Four yet). And even if you do already have a Hall of Fame... well, it's not like it's a very important part of the game in general. XD

But yeah, simply using Missingno to duplicate items is essentially risk-free. XD

Why not? It's not like anything bad will happen... :P

Seriously though, the only glitchy effects that happen from merely encountering Missingno (and not trying to catch it or anything) are item duplication, and a corrupted Hall of Fame list -- if you even have a Hall of Fame list to begin with (which you wouldn't if you hadn't beaten the Elite Four yet). And even if you do already have a Hall of Fame... well, it's not like it's a very important part of the game in general. XD

But yeah, simply using Missingno to duplicate items is essentially risk-free. XD
But that feels both cheap, and a big time investment.

Neither of which are fun. :P

But that feels both cheap, and a big time investment.

Neither of which are fun. :P
"Big time investment"? Missingno is insanely easy to encounter. All you have to do is watch the Pokemon-catching demo once, and then surf up and down the east coast of Cinnabar Island. So long as you don't leave that area (or, more technically speaking, so long as you don't enter any other area where wild Pokemon can be found), you don't have to re-watch the demo. Just keep surfing up and down the coast, and you'll keep finding more Missingno -- and you should be able to duplicate a ton of items in a fairly short amount of time.

I MEAN, I AIN'T TRYING TO BUG YOU ABOUT IT, and I totally understand why you wouldn't actually want to bother with it (especially since I was half-joking when I suggested it, anyway). But calling it time-consuming is just... far from the truth. XD I mean, if you want to know about some glitches that are really cheap and really complicated and time-consuming to do, I'd love to enlighten you (the walk-through-walls glitch specifically was really annoying to pull off... >< ), but Missingno item-duplication is not one of those glitches. XD

Also... "cheap"? But you said that not having reusable TM's is "bad game design", while I argued that reusable TM's in Gen I would be cheap and overpowered... Duplicating TM's would effectively be the same as making them re-usable. And I already know you'd love if reusable TM's were something that existed in the game to begin with. So why is it suddenly "cheap" if you use a glitch to do it? After all, more recent games give you reusable TM's without you even needing to do any work to make them reusable. But now you're saying that getting your own reusable TM's sort of sounds like... cheating? Why is that? Why does using a glitch automatically make something "cheap", even though later games give you the same result (and make it even easier for you -- with you saying that the reusable TM's of the later games are infinitely superior to one-time-use ones...? :P Food for thought.

I need to repeat those encounters, making it time-consuming.

And it feels cheap because I need to constantly farm a bug to get it.

I need to repeat those encounters, making it time-consuming.

And it feels cheap because I need to constantly farm a bug to get it.
Eh. I would say that needing to farm a bug over and over would make it annoying, but not cheap...

Because, I mean, using glitches to skip huge portions of the game? Or using item-duplication to give yourself infinite master balls or rare candies? That's cheap, and it would be hard to argue otherwise. But, if you do truly believe that there wouldn't be disadvantages to having re-usable TMs in Gen I and that it wouldn't make the game unbalanced (well, more unbalanced than it already is, anyway), then that wouldn't be cheap... it would be giving you something that you think already should be in the game -- at least by your standards, anyway. :P

STILL THOUGH, it's a lot less time-consuming than, say, trying to use up all the steps you're allotted in the Safari Zone (even though you're not in the Safari Zone, and therefore can't see how many steps you have left, meaning you need to keep track of it yourself), and then re-doing the last handful of steps over and over as you struggle to time it such that you run out of steps at the exact moment that you're jumping over a ledge -- and then also periodically using healing items on your poisoned pokemon, because you need a pokemon that's poisoned but not fainted when you do run out of steps, and then waiting for your pokemon to faint after you've run out of steps and are taken back to the Safari Zone area... that's time-consuming. XD (But you get to walk through walls, so it's totally worth it.)

So... I just beat Pokemon Blue, and then watched the end credits.

...This game had two programmers. ...Two.

That explains some things. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye
So... I just beat Pokemon Blue, and then watched the end credits.

...This game had two programmers. ...Two.

That explains some things. XD
Pokemon's Golds/Silver Kanto region was a port over done in a week by a single programmer. :P

Pokemon's Golds/Silver Kanto region was a port over done in a week by a single programmer. :P
Well yes, but that was a port. They were working with something that already existed. Also, that's only a region -- and not the entire game. From scratch.

That is what I find impressive. ...It certainly explains all the glitches in the game, but still -- even with the glitches accounted for, I still find it amazing that two people could do all that.

Bear in mind that these games were incredibly complex in their day. And nothing else like them existed. @_@

tumblr_o34teq9zgY1qh1i7ko1_1280.jpg

I found this on Tumblr along with the caption "this is the most 1998 thing I've ever seen".

I... I want to defend one of my favorite childhood book series, but... I can't. I just can't. XD

I'm gonna try and post soon if anyone is waiting on me. Sorry I haven't been on iwaku hardly at all lately and amazed only had three unread threads. But I'll try and post when I can. After I'm caught up of course.

I'm gonna try and post soon if anyone is waiting on me. Sorry I haven't been on iwaku hardly at all lately and amazed only had three unread threads. But I'll try and post when I can. After I'm caught up of course.
Yeah, it's alright. This thread's been moving a bit slow, so you won't fall too behind. Lots of people are probably busy this time a year -- midterm season for us college kids.

Yeah, it's alright. This thread's been moving a bit slow, so you won't fall too behind. Lots of people are probably busy this time a year -- midterm season for us college kids.
Alright yeah. I'm struggling with precal yet math is my best subject. Kind of think it's the change of teacher style... Never had one who just did everything from the book before so because of the thirty or so math problems a night and teaching myself and a friend I've been on less as well... But I missed the alerts appaerntly when I was on last possible why I'm a bit behind lol

*Has just been sitting here waiting for others so he could unleash shit*

You should do that in the bathroom, Gwazi

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Alright yeah. I'm struggling with precal yet math is my best subject. Kind of think it's the change of teacher style... Never had one who just did everything from the book before so because of the thirty or so math problems a night and teaching myself and a friend I've been on less as well... But I missed the alerts appaerntly when I was on last possible why I'm a bit behind lol
Yeah, that's all understandable. Like I said, don't worry about it too much. We're not exactly moving at a super-fast pace. XD

*Has just been sitting here waiting for others so he could unleash shit*

You know I probably would've had time to catch up on posting if I wasn't so busy last week sort of kind of designing a fucking video game which is something I should probably keep on the dl for now BUT UM.... yeah, I'll try to catch up during spring break and stuff.

Which, thankfully, is only one week away.

Reactions: Raven
You know I probably would've had time to catch up on posting if I wasn't so busy last week sort of kind of designing a fucking video gamewhich is something I should probably keep on the dl for now BUT UM.... yeah, I'll try to catch up during spring break and stuff.
... You said nothing of this till now. O_O

WHAT IS THIS GAME YOU SPEAK OF!?